Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Julianne Moore ***HOUSE ROBBED*** but they left her her Emmy award!

Julianne Moore is out a whole lot of bling after $127,000 worth of jewelry – including a $33,000 Cartier platinum diamond tennis bracelet – was stolen from her brownstone in New York City's West Village.

Ten jewels in all, seven from Cartier, were taken from the Emmy-winning actress's home on West 11th Street sometime between June 6 and Aug. 28.

The actress, 51, and her husband, the director Bart Freundlich, have had work done on the brownstone this summer. Between 15 and 25 workers were in the home during the renovations, which spanned those two dates, the Post said.

Moore was in Toronto shooting a remake of the horror film Carrie during much of the summer.

In addition to the tennis bracelet, four Cartier watches worth a combined $77,800 were also reportedly stolen.

by Anonymousreply 5610/08/2012

You know, this is stupid. She is going out of town for weeks to work. Her husband was obviously not around much either. So if they knew they were going away and busy, WTF would you leave any valuables around with strangers workmen, etc. coming in and out? That is so basic!

I had workmen in my house while I was home and we have four bathrooms. So tell me why one guy found it necessary to go upstairs to my bedroom to use my master bath? I realized where he was, and sat down and waited for him to come out of the toilet. I informed him that a closed door meant no admittance.

He had been shown the proper bathroom when he arrived and that was the one that was available, no exceptions. I also mentioned it to his boss, and a few days later he wasn't around anymore.

There was a crew of about 8 guys doing renovations to our old Victorian, and I am able to work at home so I was around to oversee, ask questions and watch they. YOu have to watch people.

by Anonymousreply 110/04/2012

by Anonymousreply 210/04/2012

Why would anyone leave their home unattended for strange workmen to move about, especially if you were famous? Seems like she and her husband were asking for it.

by Anonymousreply 310/04/2012

Ah, being in the 1% sure is grand.

by Anonymousreply 410/04/2012

Why is she treating those jewels like some plastic from Claire's at the mall? Didn't she have a safe even? Will insurance cover her losses even though in my opinion she was reckless?

by Anonymousreply 610/04/2012

I had no idea Lindsay Lohan did renovations.

by Anonymousreply 710/04/2012

My apartment was broken into by painters who were in my building doing work. My Super was sloppy with the keys and these assholes just walked in.

by Anonymousreply 810/04/2012

There was no forced entry, so they weren't robbed-robbed, they just had some stuff taken.

by Anonymousreply 910/04/2012

7 - you KNOW some late night host is going to steal your joke, right?

by Anonymousreply 1010/04/2012

Perhaps she didn't care about safeguarding the jewels because she didn't actually pay for them?

by Anonymousreply 1110/04/2012

[quote]You know, this is stupid. She is going out of town for weeks to work. Her husband was obviously not around much either. So if they knew they were going away and busy, WTF would you leave any valuables around with strangers workmen, etc. coming in and out? That is so basic!

by Anonymousreply 1210/04/2012

If someone stole my jewels, they'd get close to $2000 worth of stuff!

by Anonymousreply 1310/04/2012

What kind of an idiot leaves expensive jewelry in a uninhabited house with a bunch of laborers milling about? Why didn't the dumb bitch put the jewelry in a safety deposit box? Celebrities have little or no common sense.

by Anonymousreply 1410/04/2012

I can't say I'm unhappy by this turn of events.

by Anonymousreply 1610/04/2012

[quote]I'm more interested in the Carrie remake. They were talking about casting a year or two ago, but it seemed like it'd been called off. Guess not.

Seriously? (no pun intended) I've been reading about it for months now. Sounds like it might actually be *good*, unlike the musical(s), and hopefully more faithful to the book. The original is WAY too campy, with its "dirty pillows" and "STOP IT UP! STOP IT UP!" idiocy.

by Anonymousreply 1710/04/2012

Julianne, darling: you'll never be my cinematic equal, but at the *very* least invest in a quality safe to hold your jewels. Good heavens.

by Anonymousreply 1810/04/2012

I see you, r16.

My question is did they leave her TWO Emmys? Or just one?

by Anonymousreply 1910/04/2012

They left her ATWT Emmy. This was prior to her winning the primetime Emmy

by Anonymousreply 2010/04/2012

They are actors! Not exactly known for their brain power! But this woman is retarded.

by Anonymousreply 2110/04/2012

You mean the Emmy I should've won.

by Anonymousreply 2210/04/2012

Seriously, why on earth would they steal her Emmy? What do you think they would do with it, sell it on eBay? It's not like it can be melted down for gold (Emmys aren't even gold-plated!).

by Anonymousreply 2310/04/2012

Seriously, why would she leave valuables lying around with workmen in her house? I would expect this kind of thing from a stupid bitch like Lindsay Lohan, but Julianne Moore seems like she'd be a lot smarter than that.

If I had a $33,000 bracelet, it would be in a bank vault. I wouldn't feel comfortable having something that valuable in my house, even in a wall safe. I guess the rich really are different....

by Anonymousreply 2410/04/2012

Can we please stop the ridiculous speculating as to why she left jewelry lying around? The woman is busy and simply made a mistake. That's all there really is to it. I assume she's insured, so it's not a huge loss.

by Anonymousreply 2510/04/2012

Can't stand her; the robbery looks good on her!

by Anonymousreply 2610/04/2012

[quote] Carrie is played by a non-star who has been working steadily the last 10 yrs (lots of tv and horror movies.) It's in post-production for a 2013 release.

Chloe Moretz a non-star? Kick Ass, Dark Shadows, Let Me In, 500 Days of Summer, Amityville Horror...the list goes on! She's one of the busiest young actresses around.

I have high hopes because it's Kimberley Pierce directing though.

by Anonymousreply 2710/04/2012

[quote]Chloe Moretz a non-star?

by Anonymousreply 2810/04/2012

It's a bitch when one of your Emmys get stolen. I understand Julianne's pain. Seriously.

One of my FIVE Emmys was stolen a few years back. My daughter Rachel was having a party and one of the guests stole it to give to his girlfriend who was acting in a school play. He said he wanted her to know she was a great actress in her mind.

by Anonymousreply 2910/04/2012

CARRIE -- in theatres everywhere March 16, 2013

by Anonymousreply 3010/04/2012

I am surprised she is that rich that she has large amounts of jewellery lying around the house - I thought she was more 'indie' than that ...

by Anonymousreply 3110/04/2012

Julianne, dear, if you would like, I can loan you one of my SIX EMMYS to display.

by Anonymousreply 3210/04/2012

Erika, we both know that's because you have nowhere to place them, now that you've been forced to move into that tiny walk-up in Bed-Stuy.

by Anonymousreply 3310/04/2012

Lionel from Air America maintained that the freckled skin epitomized by Julianne Moore was repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 3410/04/2012

Ah, Susie, you are droll. As you very well know, Brian and I are still living in our tastefully decorated four-bedroom townhouse on the Upper West Side, with a special room dedicated to me, complete with Emmys and press clippings. However, I may decide to purchase an apartment in LA. You see, Frank and Ron have called me with a contract offer that would see me as Maurice's new love interest. I also have been offered the lead in a revival of "Wit" on Broadway, which will of course keep me closer to home. I simply cannot decide which offer to accept. My, how lucky you are that you haven't been presented with such a dilemma.

by Anonymousreply 3510/04/2012

An Emmy (with the engraved plate removed) is now going for over $1,200.00 on ebay. Will probably go for $3,000.00

by Anonymousreply 3610/04/2012

Kim dear you only won FOUR Emmys, not five.

by Anonymousreply 3710/04/2012

DUH cuz no one except the stupid queen portion of the gay community gives a shit about emmys, oscars, tonys, golden globes...that award shit is so irrelevent to most people.

by Anonymousreply 3810/04/2012

That's telling her, Erika!

by Anonymousreply 3910/04/2012

Olympia Dukakis Oscar was stolen from her house. The thief was kind enough to leave the engraved plate behind though.

by Anonymousreply 4010/04/2012

Julianne is taking no chances with her Prime Time Emmy. She carried it with her on the plane back to NYC - in a paper bag!

See link below.

by Anonymousreply 4110/04/2012

r5, Adrienne Shelly was robbed and murdered, and the guy who murdered her initially lied to the cops and made up a bullshit story about how he'd attacked her after she'd made derogatory, racist remarks to him -- but he later admitted that she'd said no such thing. He fucking robbed her and killed her in cold blood. So please STFU.

by Anonymousreply 4210/04/2012

I simply cannot play tennis without my $33,000 tennis bracelet. I simply CANNOT!!!

by Anonymousreply 4310/04/2012

R29, I love Zimmer, but it was only four.

It WOULD HAVE been five if she'd submitted this:

(but it was her first year back and she didn't want to piss anyone off, I guess.)

by Anonymousreply 4410/04/2012

So what's the story behind Zimmer refusing to let her hot, hunky son Jake play gay on ATWT? Is she a total phobe? I LOVE how this thread has completely detoured. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 4510/04/2012

You just KNOW that bitch is ecstatic that the papers are using "Emmy Award winning actress, Julianne Moore." The Emmy for Game Change is her second, but the first one carries the stench of being a Daytime Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 4610/04/2012

Editor? This thread is in danger of being turned into a soap thread. Please redtag and ban the soap freaks NOW!

by Anonymousreply 4710/04/2012

Cheryl = Cheryl Stansbury, a less than memorabl GH character.

by Anonymousreply 4810/04/2012

Clip of her winning the Prime Time Emmy. The announcer mentions her 'daytime' win for ATWT

Back in 1988 when she won the Daytime Emmy she beat Lauren Holly, Robin Wright, Tichina Arnold and Andrea Evans.

by Anonymousreply 4910/04/2012

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your daytime Emmy. I know you worked hard to get that statue -- even playing two parts. Seriously, that is a lot of work.

If you'd like, I'll be happy to lend you one of my four Emmys -- so the space in your house doesn't look so baren.

Why don't you stop by to pick it up. I'll invite some friends over and we'll make it a party -- Leslie Charlson, Deidre Hall, Jane Elliot, Michelle Stafford, Maureen Garrett, Joanna Johnson. Maybe even Crystal Chappell.

It'll be a girls night. Seriously, please come.

I'll grill some fish.

by Anonymousreply 5010/05/2012

Thank God she never won an Oscar. They could have taken that!

by Anonymousreply 5110/05/2012

R1 no one cares nor gives a fuck about your story, shut up old queen

by Anonymousreply 5210/05/2012

Seriously, has everyone abandoned Julianne in her time of need?

By God, I'll help the woman. I'll send in Genoa City's finest detective, Paul Williams, to solve this case!

And Julianne dear, I would lend you my daytime Emmy to help tide you over. But I only have the one and it looks so pretty on my mantle piece.

However, I'm sure that my friend Dorothy Lyman would lend you one or both of hers. She has twice as many as Susan Lucci has, so she can easily get by without one or both of them. I understand Dorothy uses her Emmys for door stops.

by Anonymousreply 5310/08/2012

R53 do your homework.

Jeanne Cooper has TWO Emmys, one of them a Lifetime Achievement Award Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 5410/08/2012

She is an extremely rich woman. Her townhouse is worth at least 15 million dollars!

For her, Cartier watches are like Timex watches to you and me.

That tennis bracelet is probably something she wears to run errands.

by Anonymousreply 5510/08/2012

Julianne must of invested well because she is not in the 10 million dollar per film club.

by Anonymousreply 5610/08/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!