Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Three eps into the new season of Sons of Anarchy and I have to say that Charlie Hunnam as Jax is one of the hottest men on TV.

He was the twink on the original Queer as Folk and was attractive in the beginning of this series but has gotten really handsome as he ages. There was a nude scene in a prison and his body is getting better too. Not too much talk of him especially on here so I wanted to put my two cents in. Any other fans? Like the guy who plays Juice too.

by Anonymousreply 1010/11/2012

Just before the original Queer as Folk aired in the UK, I was dining at a restaurant in London's Soho and he was at the next table with a group of people celebrating the end of shooting the series.

He leaned across and told my boyfriend and I that he was going to be in this new series that was starting on Channel 4 and that we should tune in. He spoiled it a little by repeatedly stressing that he was straight but playing a gay character.

by Anonymousreply 110/04/2012

Totally agree, OP. I can't figure out why he hasn't become a more mainstream star. I guess SOA is still kind of a cult show, though it has been extended to a 7-season run.

by Anonymousreply 210/04/2012

He is in Guillermo Del Toro's movie Pacific Rim. coming out next year. Love this guy. Talented actor, great looking, should be a bigger star then some of the other nonsense that Hollywood shoves down our throats.

by Anonymousreply 310/04/2012

R2, I have a number of friends who are utterly OBSESSED with SOA. Curiously, its audience seems to be nearly 100% straight. Btw Hunnam isn't a bigger star because he had his "shot" in a lead role in a horror movie with Katie Holmes about a decade ago. It flopped, and subsequently so did his mainstream career. Some actors simply can't sustain a mainstream career past their early twenties; see cases in point, Orlando Bloom and Hayden Christensen.

I do agree, though, that Hunnam has made an absolutely remarkable transition from cute British twink to studly "American" biker with a flawless accent.

by Anonymousreply 410/04/2012

SOA can be surprisingly lurid and campily bad especially in the action scenes and the frequent use of stripper and hooker extras that are straight out of a Roger Corman film. But much as I try to resist it I keep getting sucked in.

by Anonymousreply 510/04/2012

Cute in "Nicholas Nickleby" but almost unrecognizable in "Children of Men"

by Anonymousreply 610/04/2012

Would really love to see some photos of who you're all so excited about.

by Anonymousreply 710/04/2012

I think the first post QaF thing I saw him in was that Nicole Kidman movie Cold Mountain. It took quite a while for me to believe that was the same actor.

I don't care for the scraggly look he's taken on, but he's worked his body into really good shape.

by Anonymousreply 810/04/2012

He actually has cleaned up a bit since the first seasons. His hair is shorter and the beard works now. I still hate the B-Boy look on him though.

by Anonymousreply 910/05/2012

The body has definitely gotten buff -

by Anonymousreply 1010/11/2012
Need more help? Click Here.