Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why do they

do this kind of stuff?

by Anonymousreply 2810/13/2012

She looks like an alien.

by Anonymousreply 110/04/2012

Uh, untreated bipolar disorder. Did you not read the article you posted, OP?

It seems a lot of people with bipolar disorder become obsessed with fundie religious concepts of God and Satan because it resonates with the black/white on/off up/down good/bad emotional states of the disorder.

It's a terrible tragedy ...but at the same time, I really can't help but think that maybe the child's death was for the best. Both the mom and the dad are clearly unfit parents, and the odds are that if the baby had lived she'd have grown up to suffer from bipolar disorder as well (it's highly inheritable). Hopefully the surviving child will be removed from her dad's custody and placed with sane(r) relatives (maybe she could live with the "heathen" aunt?).

by Anonymousreply 210/04/2012

She has tiny doll hands.

by Anonymousreply 310/04/2012

Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

by Anonymousreply 410/04/2012

[quote]It seems a lot of people with bipolar disorder become obsessed with fundie religious concepts of God and Satan because it resonates with the black/white on/off up/down good/bad emotional states of the disorder.

That would be schizophrenia, dear, not bipolar disorder.

by Anonymousreply 510/04/2012

I find it disconcerting how, everytime a mother or woman does this, many women rush to the her defense to defend or justify the murderess as "insane" or "ill." (Andrea Yates). But if it's a man/father, forget about it: Off with his head.

by Anonymousreply 610/04/2012

This women was Homeschooled!

by Anonymousreply 710/04/2012

I think she's tremendous.

by Anonymousreply 810/04/2012

Because this is a better death than sinful, God-angering abortion?

by Anonymousreply 910/04/2012

R5, go look up schizophrenia.

by Anonymousreply 1010/04/2012

Horribly written article. What girl died in 2009? Sounds like the state child welfare workers are completely inept.

by Anonymousreply 1110/04/2012

r10, I know what schizophrenia is. Religion, politics, and sex are what set those suffering from schizophrenia off. Bipolar disorder is simply a mood disorder. It doesn't get drawn to to religion, politics, or sex because of it.

This person is either schizophrenic, or bipolar, but the bipolar would not have gotten her 'addicted to religion.' Bipolar disorder does not automatically come with delusions unless the person goes into psychosis, which does not last forever. Sticking with religion due to mental illness, either bipolar or schizophrenia = schizophrenia. Schizophrenics are the ones who get addicted to religion, if you want to link a mental illness to it. Schizophrenia is a thought disorder. Bipolar disorder is not.

by Anonymousreply 1210/04/2012

What is "white spirit?" She "doused her in white spirit?" Is that a perfume? Is it something made up in her psychotic freakin' head? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 1310/04/2012

Why did Susan Smith kill her kids. Why did Nannie Doss kill most of her kids, her parents, grand parents and all but one of her five husbands.

Of course being women it's the man's fault so society doesn't care.

by Anonymousreply 1410/05/2012

Of course if she stuffed the Koran down the kid's throat and you reported it, you would be racist and all you Dataloungers would be agreeing it's racist.

by Anonymousreply 1510/05/2012

White spirit is what we call mineral spirits in the US. It's a chemical solvent.

And, um, yeah, OP...she's crazy. Did you somehow miss that from the article?

by Anonymousreply 1610/05/2012

I have nothing empirical to offer on the schizophrenia vs. bipolar disorder and religious fanaticism debate. Anecdotally speaking, however, my aunt is bipolar and when she goes off her meds, part of her mania is religious fanaticism. She starts accusing people - usually anyone who is trying to get her back on track mentally - of being demons. She'll call in the middle of the night to quote scripture and get more and more agitated until she is punctuating each verse with a scream of "Amen!"

What makes it particularly strange is that she was not raised in an overtly religious household. When she is medicated, religion does not figure prominently in her life. For whatever reason, she latched on to religious fanaticism as a coping mechanism during her mania. It sounds like it may be a fairly common experience.

by Anonymousreply 1710/05/2012

There's a documentary called "The Devil And Daniel Johnston" that chronicles the bipolar musician Daniel Johnston; he's also obsessed with his beliefs of the Devil and (to a lesser extent) Jesus.

Again, it's not that every person with bipolar disorder is also a religious extremist, but you can see how religious concepts of the devil as the embodiment of "ultimate evil" and God or Jesus as the embodiment of "ultimate good" resonate with the extreme mania and depression that's experienced when a bipolar person is unmedicated.

by Anonymousreply 1810/05/2012

Agree r6 I come from generations of batshit insane people. I'm talking diagnosed BPD & Schizophrenia and nobody has brutally murdered a child yet. They were not the best parents, but again no dead children.

by Anonymousreply 1910/10/2012

R17, I dated a guy like that.

by Anonymousreply 2010/10/2012

Schizoaffective DO is a combination of BPD and Schiz. BUT Bipolars often have a religious fanaticism when off their meds. Not all. Just like not all have hypersexuality. But a lot of them do.

by Anonymousreply 2110/11/2012

[quote]Of course being women it's the man's fault so society doesn't care.

And don't you forget it, you penised oppressor!

by Anonymousreply 2210/11/2012

by Anonymousreply 2310/11/2012

r6 and r22 are angry, delusional and bitter men :-)

by Anonymousreply 2410/11/2012

One of my partner's sisters is bipolar [italic]and[/italic] schizophrenic.

by Anonymousreply 2510/11/2012

This women will vote for Mitt Romney.

by Anonymousreply 2610/11/2012

People with bipolar disorder are capable of doing very violent things when they go into a psychotic state, including killing other people, and, yes, that includes children. A lot of bipolar people refuse treatment, can't afford it, or won't or can't follow their treatment plans (the drugs can have bad side effects, they are supposed to avoid drinking and taking psychoactive drugs, avoid stress and get enough sleep, etc.) So they tend to be in and out of psychiatric hospitals, and burn through their personal relationships.

by Anonymousreply 2710/11/2012

Religion... it's not just about homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 2810/13/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!