Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Personal Injury Lawyer Who Called News Anchor Too Fat for TV: Whatever, She’s Still Fat

They rel;eased a photo of him.

I know some of you are going to drool over him because he's a hardbody, but he looks like a complete douche.

by Anonymousreply 8110/10/2012

He's clearly obsessed with working out, which probably explains the rage against this poor fat woman.

But why doesn't he work out his forearms?

by Anonymousreply 110/03/2012

And a could he expose that to the children. Creep.

by Anonymousreply 210/03/2012

Personal injury attorneys are the scummiest of the scum.

by Anonymousreply 310/03/2012

He's a douche weasel.

by Anonymousreply 410/03/2012

He played the "What about the children?" card in his complaint to her, although as a commenter pointed out, children don't usually watch morning news. Dickweed.

by Anonymousreply 510/03/2012

I'd do him.

by Anonymousreply 610/03/2012

Looks like a total asshole.

by Anonymousreply 710/03/2012

I agree, r2. The ugly tattoo sets a poor example for children.

by Anonymousreply 810/03/2012

A clear case of roid rage.

by Anonymousreply 1010/03/2012

Whatever, he's still a lawyer

by Anonymousreply 1110/03/2012

At least he backs up his words by being fit and hot.

by Anonymousreply 1210/03/2012

That he's a total fucking asshole sets a bad example for children.

by Anonymousreply 1310/03/2012

I actually didn't think his email to her was that bad. He had a point. And he didn't sound too terribly mean about it. I've sent nastier emails than that myself.

by Anonymousreply 1410/03/2012

He looks a little like Stephen Colbert.

by Anonymousreply 1510/03/2012

Yeah, whatever. He's still an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 1610/03/2012

He's not hot at all. I wouldn't fuck him and I'm a whore, darlin'.

by Anonymousreply 1710/03/2012

He MUST be a DLer.

by Anonymousreply 1910/03/2012

I wouldn't even fuck him with YOUR dick!

by Anonymousreply 2010/03/2012

He was too cowardly to appear on her show.

by Anonymousreply 2110/03/2012

And HIS message insulting this woman is supposed to be a GOOD example of how to treat others? We teach by example. That overweight woman was not "teaching" children anything. If anything, she was and is showing that being overweight need not deter one from achieving his/her goals. This thoroughly repugnant shitstain of a human being (naturally a lawyer) is doing nothing but showing HIS true colors. Who is he to insult someone because of his/her weight. As the anchor said, you think she doesn't know what she weighs?

by Anonymousreply 2210/03/2012

[quote]"If I could snap my fingers to be a size that I don't have to shop on the plus size rack that would be great, but I'm not ashamed of myself," she said. "Talk to me about the stories I cover, not the way I look."

While he is an asshole, she sounds not much better. Is it hopeless because she can't snap her fingers to not have "to shop on the plus size".

by Anonymousreply 2510/03/2012

He's hot!

by Anonymousreply 2610/03/2012

What was the point of his letter to her? To shame her into quitting her job? What would possess someone to write that letter? He's a douche.

by Anonymousreply 2710/03/2012

He's a fucking ambulance chaser, looking for attention.

by Anonymousreply 2810/03/2012

Nice bike.

by Anonymousreply 3010/03/2012

No, he was a shit head, reread the letter.

by Anonymousreply 3110/03/2012

[quote]At least he backs up his words by being fit

OK, I'll buy that

[quote]and hot.

Oh honey. What low standards you must have!

by Anonymousreply 3210/03/2012

The frau-rage over this non-story is ridiculous. At least the anchors on my morning news called her out on being over-the-top in calling this bullying.

by Anonymousreply 3310/03/2012

Agreed, and I don't hate women or call them fraus. Just a bunch of nonsense. I laughed at her comment about her own thick skin.

by Anonymousreply 3410/03/2012

[quote]The frau-rage over this non-story is ridiculous. At least the anchors on my morning news called her out on being over-the-top in calling this bullying.

If you could only hear yourself.

by Anonymousreply 3510/03/2012

Fat? Has he ever been to a Wal Mart?

Yes, she's bigger than a normal, healthy weight but not by THAT much.

He's an asshole. But hot.

by Anonymousreply 3610/03/2012

He probably has male body dysmorphia. "Oh my god, my body mass index just increased by .0001%! I'm as obese as that anchor on television!"

by Anonymousreply 3710/03/2012

Look at his face, not hot.

by Anonymousreply 3810/03/2012

The freeper invasion is bringing out bully-support.

by Anonymousreply 4010/03/2012

He is not hot. Not in the least.

But, he is a douchebag and an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 4110/03/2012

The guy was taking issue with the fact that she hosts some 'healthy living' segment. It's hypocritical for an overweight/obese person to host something like that (kind of like when Dr. Phil wrote a weight loss book) and this guy was just pointing that out to her. People seem to be taking the 'fat' thing out of context and making it seem like the guy just wrote her a random hateful email calling her a heifer.

by Anonymousreply 4210/04/2012

Her husband made the e-mail public by posting it on his Facebook which I find odd. He did it saying it was an infuriating letter, but why stir the pot like this? It publicly humiliated his wife. I don't know if they agreed together to approach it this way so that it would force some public commentary from her. Maybe he posted it without her knowledge? It's just a weird situation.

by Anonymousreply 4310/04/2012

He did r43. Re-read the letter.

by Anonymousreply 4410/04/2012

Americans always make it sound as if being thin is the hardest thing in the world.

by Anonymousreply 4510/04/2012

[quote]What was the point of his letter to her? To shame her into quitting her job?

Hey R28, let's see if the letter holds any clues to your question.

"I hope she will finally take advantage of a rare and golden opportunity to influence the health and psychological well-being of Coulee Region children by transforming herself for all of her viewers to see over the next year, and, to that end, I would be absolutely pleased to offer Jennifer any advice or support she would be willing to accept."

by Anonymousreply 4610/04/2012

Oh look: r47 is bringing out the big sarcasm guns.

by Anonymousreply 4710/04/2012

[quote]The guy was taking issue with the fact that she hosts some 'healthy living' segment.

Sort of like the closeted gay man who would host a Keeping Them Honest segment.

by Anonymousreply 4810/04/2012

Okay I get it, you fatties want to remain fat.

by Anonymousreply 4910/04/2012

Heaven forbid you should point out the obvious.

Like calling Obama black when he's just as much white as he is black.

Or that Anderson Cooper has no journalism talent and had to humiliate himself by crawling back to a guy that cheated on him publicly.

And Liberace was gay but let's not state the obvious if they will cry about it.

by Anonymousreply 5010/05/2012

She's a great big fat person.

by Anonymousreply 5110/05/2012

I'm not sure if I'd rather be FAT or UGLY! If I were fat, I could try to lose weight. But once touched by the ugly stick...

by Anonymousreply 5210/05/2012

She's Ron Livingston's sister.

And, who said you can't be her size and still be healthy? He was an ass for writing to her. I wouldn't say it's bullying, but it is a bit presumptuous. He could drop dead of a heart attack tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 5310/05/2012

He looks like one of those priviledged, middle aged discourteous assholes, who ride bicycles in city traffic and rant and rave about city spending much needed revenue on freaking bike lanes. You know the type, they drive down the center of the road, blocking traffic; run stop signs and traffic lights, and attempt to run over pedestrians.

by Anonymousreply 5410/05/2012

How many lawyers post on DL? Anybody know? Are they all ambulance chasers........or whatever? Do they really make a difference in people's lives? Why do they charge so much?

by Anonymousreply 5510/05/2012

I don't think he's the most hated man in America. A lot of the comments I saw on other sites and this one agreed with him.

I guess we can take solace in the fact that Livingston doesn't do the news with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth.

Has Ron Livingston weighed in yet?

by Anonymousreply 5610/05/2012

I work for personal injury lawyers, but I can only speak for them and not the profession as a whole.

They are one of the top firms in my (large) city. They are not ambulance chasers, nor do they advertise on the sides of buses or during trashy syndicated talk shows. They represent people who have been severely injured through someone else's negligence or recklessness. Their cases also include medical malpractice and product liabity. Some of them also practice civil rights law, specifically gender, age and race descrimination in hiring, firing and employment.

I love working for them. They're a great bunch of men and women and WAAAAAAY liberal to boot. A lot of them volunteer outside of the office, serving on boards of charity orgs, etc. They're all doing well I'm sure, but they "give back" and spend most of their energy fighting for "the little guy".

They are also very gay friendly and my boss, a partner in the firm (and a 60 year old straight guy), has pretty much told me he has my back if I experience any homophobia on the job.

Like I said, I can't speak for the whole profession (and I admit I'm clearly biased), but not all lawyers are bottom-feeders or blood-suckers. Besides, like it or not, our system requires them. Everyone hates lawyers until they need one!

This guy, though, is a major douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 5710/05/2012

Of course this passive aggressive, misogynist fuck is a personal injury lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 5810/07/2012

personal injuries? he's a fucking ambulance chaser, the scum

by Anonymousreply 6110/09/2012

You would think that she was the worst-persecuted woman in the world by the way she acted. What he did was not nice but not a concerted campaign -- not bullying. I thought her reaction was way over the top, but I guess she's happy because she and her husband are now famous for five minutes.

by Anonymousreply 6210/09/2012

One thing that the complaining lawyer neglected to consider is that the audience for local morning news shows is comprised of women around the age and size of the anchor and they probably identify with portly females. (This is La Crosse, WI folks) People find it comforting to see people who look like them on TV. I'd be willing to bet that if the anchor loses weight she might become less appealing to her audience.

by Anonymousreply 6310/09/2012

He should work with Michelle Obama and Mayor Bloomberg on America's obesity problem. They all seem like-minded.

by Anonymousreply 6410/09/2012

I have to agree with one of the posters in the article. He sent her a personal email...he did not post it on the internet for all to see. She could have just ignored the email and deleted it. Instead, she is the one who decided to make a big deal about it and bring it to the attention of the whole country.

He may be a douchebag for being so narrow-minded, but it's not as if he set out to puposely embarrass or humiliate her to the general public.

by Anonymousreply 6510/09/2012

Is fatso still bitching about that letter? Jeesh, lady, move on.

by Anonymousreply 6610/09/2012

Here, have a cinnamon roll, r67: you're clearly so cunty because you're starving.

by Anonymousreply 6710/09/2012

The obese are all severely mentally ill, that's why this tub of lard made a huge deal out a single email that merely pointed out reality and offered to help her stop being revolting. Fat people should all be thrown in prison until they're normal weights.

by Anonymousreply 6810/09/2012

Very good, r69, now are you going to be a prosecuting attorney instead of a personal injury attorney? Was this a premeditated job move?

by Anonymousreply 6910/09/2012

"Or that Anderson Cooper has no journalism talent and had to humiliate himself by crawling back to a guy that cheated on him publicly."

Huh? And you know all about AC's relationships? Maybe he was not publically humiliated for any number of reaons, the first being that he did not expect that fellow to date him only.

As for the lawyer: this fellow sent her a private email that she then made public? Hmmmm. Sounds to me like he was making a point that she did not want to hear and that she decided to publically humiliate him in retaliation. What she really should have done is answer him with a private email.

I have advised registered dietitians who are very overweight or too thin (anorexia nervosa is more prevalent among dietitians than the general public) to take care of themselves before they can take care of patients (who are under or overweight.) Certainly I don't do so in front of others but in private. They may be giving out good information, but no one will take seriously someone who advises you not to smoke while smoking a cigarette.

Obesity among health care professionals is a very touchy subject. Many nurses are overweigth and quite a few physicians (as a percentage of their respective populations). Physicians are often embarrassed to talk about weight with their patients- which of course is not a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 7010/09/2012

[quote]this fellow sent her a private email that she then made public?

Her husband made it public on his Facebook page which makes it even more odd to me. He said he was outraged, but maybe it was faux outrage and the intent was to put some public pressure on her to lose? Or maybe they both knew and wanted ratings. She certainly got a lot of attention and a free trip, apparently. The entire situation needlessly garnered national attention. To no good outcome.

by Anonymousreply 7110/09/2012

The scum in the recipe was the person writing the shitty email. Craftily written, yet intentionally hurtful and bullying, the message was rude. Had it been a gay man being called names this board would not be sympathetic to the sleaze bag attorney who provoked this little story.

by Anonymousreply 7210/09/2012

That's an old picture of him from his Facebook page. Here's what he currently looks like - ugly and old

by Anonymousreply 7310/09/2012

I can't take him seriously with that forehead.

by Anonymousreply 7410/09/2012

I can't take him seriously with that hair.

by Anonymousreply 7510/10/2012

I can't believe Berger broke up with me on a post-it note.

by Anonymousreply 7610/10/2012

He comes across as kind of sweet and humble. Clearly since he was an obese child and he's now a hardbody, he's unhealthily obsessed with weight concerns (like many DLers) and behaved badly.

But despite all this, you note he doesn't give a real apology: "IF I hurt her..."

by Anonymousreply 7710/10/2012

The tragedy is that no matter even if you lose all your weight and gain a great body (like this guy did), you can still feel like a fat loser inside because you remember what you used to look like and how much you hated yourself. And so you still hate yourself, and you take that fury out on other people for being fat.

That's what happened with this guy, and that's undoubtedly what happened with r61/69 and the others like him on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 7810/10/2012

How did he go from being a lawyer to a security guard???

by Anonymousreply 7910/10/2012

He was never a lawyer--they got the story wrong and thought he was a security guard.

by Anonymousreply 8010/10/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!