Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Christopher Eccleston

Why is he such an absolute douchebag about his association with Doctor Who?

He makes Tom Baker seem warm and gracious by comparison.

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 3312/08/2012

See what I mean?

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 112/02/2012

Maybe because Tennant and Smith have done a vastly superior job? I can't even bring myself to rewatch his episodes.

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 212/02/2012

Eccleston is not only the worst of the recent Doctors, but also a terrible actor. Tennant can be nimble and witty actor opening landscapes with his words. I've seen both Eccleston and Tennant in other roles. Smith is fun, suited to be the Doctor and cute. I haven't seen any of his other work.

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 412/02/2012

I liked Eccleston as the Doctor, found him to be absolutely superior over Smith. In my book Nine is in my top three of all Doctors. Why he is a jerk about it, I don't know. I always thought they fired him because he is difficult to work with. I don't see any good reason for him to quit such prestigious and rewarding job.

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 512/03/2012

He's talented but also a diva who balks at the schedule required to film a TV show.

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 612/03/2012

Before Eccleston's year of Doctor Who aired, he said it was an honor to have been asked.

As for talent, the first time I saw him, he was in [italic]Shallow Grave.[/italic] the next time I saw him, he was playing a cop in [italic]Cracker[/italic], and I didn't even recognize him. He has some range.

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 712/03/2012

The story on why he left keeps changing. The original reason given by both him and the producers was that he always only had a year contract. Now recently he's going around saying that he was worried about typecast and had creative differences. Sheesh get your story straight.

And don't be bad-mouthin' my Tom Baker. That man with his curly Jewfro was my very first crush.

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 812/03/2012

Russel T. Davis claimed that without getting Eccleston to play the Doctor the remake wouldn't have happened.

I'd guess the show was just too family friendly for Eccleston who is more into playing dark and brooding characters.

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 1012/04/2012

Thanks R9, very interesting post.

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 1112/04/2012

I think he's just a private guy who doesn't like a lot of attention in the limelight.

Not much is known about his personal life, either. Despite being in his mid-40's, he's apparently never been married or had kids.

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 1212/04/2012

Can't stand Tennant, all he does is mug and grin and look ridiculous. Thought Chris was much better.

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 1312/04/2012

Gay or straight R9? He doesn't ping to me but his personal life is very secretive.

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 1412/04/2012

He is not beautiful or charming but he is sexy in a way...

He was great as Jude...you remember him in 'Jude', don't you...?

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 1512/04/2012

Chris went completely naked in the Lennon movie last year.

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 1612/04/2012

R16 is Christopher's shaft big?

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 1712/04/2012

I could never get through a full episode - it's an acquired taste. Maybe he got sick of it.

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 1812/04/2012

Naked:

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 1912/04/2012

Lol, ok! Ty...

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 2012/04/2012

Worst Doctor ever.

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 2112/04/2012

No, Chris is married and has a young son named Albert. I guess his son would be a year or two old by now. He has spoken about his wife and son publicly but only rarely, and the marriage and birth didn't get in the tabloids.

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 2212/04/2012

Link please, R22

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 2312/05/2012

Matt Smith is my favorite Doctor. Christopher Eccleston is my second favorite.

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 2412/05/2012

The Doctors in the original series are still the best.

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 2512/05/2012

For r23.

"The internet cliché is that you’re a stroppy bachelor, ex-Time Lord who’s moved back up North to tend to his whippets. “That’s misinformation. I hate to disappoint you.” Christopher Eccleston has bad news for the online trolls. He is married. In February he will become a father for the first time. Also, he lives in north London where he jogs past Julian Barnes and Melvyn Bragg on Hampstead Heath of a morning and sees Liam Gallagher in the local butchers. “I don’t say hello to Liam because there is something fundamentally absurd about interrupting a rock star buying his sausages,” he says."

The Times, December 2011.

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 2612/05/2012

"Question: Who had the most profound effect on your life, and what advice would you give to your son Albert?

Christopher Eccleston: My mother and father, definitely, I had an incredibly happy childhood and loving and supportive parents, everything I’ve achieved in life is down to … getting a bit emotional here! - the start they gave me in life, without a doubt. My advice to Albert would be to try and get himself parents like I had. He’s done it, he’s got a mum like my mum."

National Theatre Q&A, July 2012

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 2712/05/2012

I was at the NT talk, he was very sweet talking about his wife and son, during and after the QA. Proof actors can be private and keep their private lives out of the press, while still being normal.

Quite different from David Tennant who acts like his wife's existence is a state secret, and freaks out at anyone who mentions her or his family, even if it's just to say congratulations!

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 2812/08/2012

What a douchebag. I mean David Tennant.

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 2912/08/2012

Have you ever imagined having sex with Christopher Eccleston?

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 3012/08/2012

It took some time for me, but I think Smith is the best Doctor since Baker. Tennant is a very close second.

Eccleston's appeal is that he sexualized the Doctor.

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 3112/08/2012

Well, Chris probably loves and chose to marry and have children with his wife. He doesn't have to deal with being chased by the paps and seeing stuff about his relationship leaked the the Mail all the time.

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 3212/08/2012

Don't know anything about Dr. Who but Christopher is one of the few actors who could make pumpkin breeches look sexy in the Cate Blanchett film Elizabeth. He had a buzz cut in that one and he was really hot, not even playing a romantic role.

Sorry, I should link a photo but I'm too lame.

by Eucalyptus Moonflowreply 3312/08/2012
Need more help? Click Here.