Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

NBC fucked up again

NBC passed on The Mindy Project, which went to Fox. Now, it's airing up against the New Normal on NBC.

Now I won't say either show is an all-time classic, but they've both had some great laughs and show some serious promise.

NBC really should've picked up the Mindy Project and aired these two shows back to back.

by Anonymousreply 1611/21/2012

They both suck.

by Anonymousreply 110/03/2012

Was not too impressed with the Mindy pilot.

by Anonymousreply 210/03/2012

I love it.

by Anonymousreply 311/20/2012

The New Normal sucks.

by Anonymousreply 411/20/2012

The writing is great on the Mindy show but the characters are unlikable.

by Anonymousreply 511/20/2012

I've been very surprised at how funny it can be. I hope she keeps the sports atty lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 611/20/2012

Regardless, don't you think FOX will be the one to struggle more, for the foreseeable future? I don't know, it's seemed that way for a while now.

by Anonymousreply 711/21/2012

NBC wouldn't know a hit tv show if it bit it in the face.

And they pushed Romney. Relentlessly.

by Anonymousreply 811/21/2012

Believe it or not, NBC is kicking ass so far this season and just won its first November sweeps in almost a decade.

by Anonymousreply 911/21/2012

"NBC wouldn't know a hit tv show if it bit it in the face."

Even though Mindy isn't huge, it does okay on Fox with New Girl as it's lead in.

NBC is a dead network. They've been cranking out crap for so long that even a great show with a ton of buzz wouldn't garner viewers. People associate NBC with crap now.

by Anonymousreply 1011/21/2012

Hmm, this article compares NBC's Go On and FOX's The Mindy Project.

Very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 1111/21/2012

hi mindy!

by Anonymousreply 1211/21/2012

I like all three shows mentioned in this thread (Go On, The Mindy Project, and The New Normal).

I like goofy Mathew Perry and I like the dynamic of the support group members.

The Mindy Project has Chris Messina who is one hot and sexy Italian stud.

The New Normal has Justin Bartha and is quite fun if you like Ryan Murphy's kind of humor.

by Anonymousreply 1311/21/2012

Ellen Barkin chewing the scenery is getting tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 1411/21/2012

When I watch The Mindy Project, I genuinely enjoy it. I won't say that I laugh out loud at it but I don't mind having it on TV and if it's up against something I'd rather watch Mindy.

Compare that to something like The New Girl, which has it's laugh out loud moments (and which may be overall a better show) or Suburgatory which is probably the best show on television more people need to watch IMHO. It's campy but charmingly so.

On the other hand, The New Normal is a show I want to like, I love the actors on it, I love the idea of it but it's so damn heavy handed week after week. I want to watch a show about the lives of a the characters on the show, I don't want to watch a show that is constantly preaching at me. The grandmother is racist, I get it. The kid is far too adult for her own good, I get it. Look, you already have me on your side because I'm willing to watch it. Don't brow beat me with Ellen's scenery chewing and the couple expositioning a lecture to me weekly.

by Anonymousreply 1511/21/2012

R8 Meanwhile NBC has "The Voice," which is huge, and Fox is stuck with "The X Factor."

by Anonymousreply 1611/21/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!