Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Can we talk about Jacqueline Bisset?

Some warm hearted queen has written this underneath the linked YT clip:-

'A mixing beauty between France and England...... So gorgeous, so chic, so Jacqueline...'

Isn't that adorable?

by Anonymousreply 4111/11/2012

She was so mean to Ada Quonset

by Anonymousreply 110/02/2012

She was always seducing some young nubile hunk in her movies back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 210/02/2012

She thought she could use men the way that Hollywood men use women. They made her pay a price for it.

Still gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 310/02/2012

"A mixing beauty between France and England...... So gorgeous, so chic, so Jacqueline...'"

True. But truer of Charlotte Rampling.

by Anonymousreply 410/02/2012

My review of The Deep: JB wins the wet T-shirt contest. Yowza!

And of course she had a really serious relationship with the gorgeous, gone too soon Alexander Godunov, didn't she?

by Anonymousreply 510/02/2012

Was peripherally involved in the Roman Polanski rape.

by Anonymousreply 610/02/2012

I always thought she dripped sexuality. She still does.

by Anonymousreply 810/02/2012

She said on The View she never got married because she had to take care of her mother.....which I found depressing (and a little doubtful.)

by Anonymousreply 1010/03/2012

Still gorgeous, and never got the roles she deserved because Hollywood couldn't see past her beauty to her acting talent.

Instead, she did dreck like "Class".

And she was fabulous on "Nip/Tuck", but Ryan Murphy hasn't used her since - she'd be great on American Horror Story...

by Anonymousreply 1110/03/2012

Well she did take care of her mother. But I don't think that had anything to do with her not getting married. I think she just didn't want to get married. She said in an interview that although she had very long relationships she thought of marriage as being trapped.

by Anonymousreply 1210/03/2012

[quote] Instead, she did dreck like "Class".

And now she does dreck like "Rizzoli and Isles".

Jacqueline, GET NEW REPRESENTATION!

by Anonymousreply 1310/03/2012

She is a bit of a bore actually and cannot carry a movie - she was top billed in an 80s one I saw last week which was absolutely dreadful: High Season, a supposed comedy set in Greece.

Charlotte Rampling did it all better. Bisset made a little talent go a long way - Truffaut's Day For Night gave her some artistic kudos but too many dull movies where she was just decoration or "the girlfriend" did not move her career along. Her Anna Karenina is pretty but vapid.

She spent a lot of time with Michael Sarrazin and some Russian dancer guy, both dead now.

by Anonymousreply 1410/03/2012

bump

by Anonymousreply 1510/06/2012

Any gossip?

by Anonymousreply 1611/10/2012

I wonder if she lived happily ever after with Captain Demerest?

by Anonymousreply 1711/10/2012

There's been an ages old rumor that Jacqueline had a thing going with Candy Bergen. Haven't a clue if it is true or not but they both ping a bit (more so with Candy).

by Anonymousreply 1811/10/2012

I love you, R18.

by Anonymousreply 1911/10/2012

R18, that rumor was from the time they did a movie together. And yes, Candice Bergen pings. I thought it was known that she is gay and her late husband was also bi. Bisset pings, too but I don't know if it's her or just because she is an older, unmarried woman.

by Anonymousreply 2011/10/2012

They did look good together

by Anonymousreply 2111/10/2012

She had a long relationship with Michael Sarrazin. She's done quite well in the love/sex department, but never married. She's a Virgo, like Garbo. They value their independence and have a tendency to not want to get married.

by Anonymousreply 2211/10/2012

She pretty much lived a clean living kind of life. You never heard of her smoking pot or drinking or snorting cocaine, etc.

by Anonymousreply 2411/10/2012

That's probably why she still looks good for her age, R24.

by Anonymousreply 2511/10/2012

So, is she or isn't she?

by Anonymousreply 2611/10/2012

She hasn't had plastic surgery, apparently, and she's very beautiful without it.

by Anonymousreply 2711/10/2012

What the hell is a "mixing beauty"? Someone like Betty Crocker?

by Anonymousreply 2811/10/2012

"Wasn't Greta Garbo gay?"

No. She had a serious affair with John Gilbert. She had a close "friendship" with Mercedes de Acosta. But Garbo wasn't much of anything, sexually. She was pursued relentlessly by men and women, but she had few affairs. Sex didn't seem to interest her that much. Nothing seemed to interest her that much. She liked to take walks, she liked certain types of foods, she liked to smoke. But when it came to people she had few attachments, especially sexual ones.

by Anonymousreply 2911/10/2012

Supposedly she was quite attached to Susan Hayward at her untimely death.

Garbo, that is.

by Anonymousreply 3011/10/2012

She reminds me of Julie Christie. Not so much her looks, but her sexual aura and her attitude.

by Anonymousreply 3111/10/2012

In an old Jacqueline Bisset thread there was a poster that said that she had a long term affair with an older French actress when she was younger. I can't remember the French actress name. The poster said that he/she was friends with her and was told about Bisset. Does anyone remember that?

by Anonymousreply 3211/11/2012

I was such a little boy when I saw the scene from which r2's picture is from and I got confused about why I got a boner and had the urge to watch the scene several times staring at the guy's ass.

by Anonymousreply 3311/11/2012

from days gone by:

"She is a lesbian and was in a long time relationship with relationship with French actress, Lilyan Chauvin. by: Anonymous reply 49 03/19/2011 @ 11:42PM"

Copy and paste from DL.

by Anonymousreply 3411/11/2012

She's Angelina's godmother, not that it means anything but Jolie obviously went to the plastic surgeon's office to look like her, rather than her own drab awful self.

As far as Candace, didn't I see a photo of her & her bf recently? I was shocked.

by Anonymousreply 3511/11/2012

R5, I thought the story was that Godunov never recovered from their breakup. I think he had a drug problem too.

by Anonymousreply 3611/11/2012

LOL! Oh Donna, R26, I knew you'd return to your roots. I just hope your "long-term boyfriend" is comfortable with this news, especially since you're rarely earning the rent money these days.

Kisses,

by Anonymousreply 3711/11/2012

Is it true that Jackie and Candy drove poor old George Cukor to his grave on his final directing project, the one that's based on the Bette Davis/Miriam Hopkins classic Old Acquaintance?

Sorry, can't recall the title, I'm pretty poor and old myself. I remember the later movie was kind of fun!

by Anonymousreply 3811/11/2012

I agree that Charlotte Rampling's a far more interesting actress.

by Anonymousreply 3911/11/2012

Bisset is a poor man's Charlotte Rampling.

by Anonymousreply 4011/11/2012

"Supposedly she was quite attached to Susan Hayward at her untimely death.

Garbo, that is."

Not true. I don't think they even met each other. I've read several bios of Garbo and Susan Hayward wasn't even mentioned in any of them.

by Anonymousreply 4111/11/2012
Need more help? Click Here.