Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Anderson Cooper Show

I'm digging the new season. Daily guest host. Only new show with celebrities, not just people with problems. He's live, or at least the same day, not taped two weeks ago, so the topics are current. And he's looser, and yeah gayer. Today he evoked Linda Blair in Roller Boogie. This is the show Oprah should have let Rosie have.

by Anonymousreply 14402/02/2013

I like the show better too this season. And I love how often Anderson refers to the fact that he's gay and jokes about it. He seems a lot more comfortable about it than I thought he was.

by Anonymousreply 110/03/2012

Spoiled right wing brat.

by Anonymousreply 210/03/2012

Anderson is getting ready for Halloween.

by Anonymousreply 310/23/2012

Rosie's show should have originated in NYC, not Chicago. That was stupid of Oprah to come up with that plan.

by Anonymousreply 410/23/2012

OP= Anderson

by Anonymousreply 510/23/2012

Hilarious! When Jane Velez-Mitchell and the human lie detector woman began to talk about how much Romney was sweating AC intervened and blamed it on the "NEGOTIATIONS" Romney and the President had about the lighting, ari conditioning and what not.

He also recently cut off the human lie detector woman on his nightly show as she began to praise Obama. I wonder how much Romney is paying AC to stan for him on his shows?

by Anonymousreply 610/23/2012

Anderson is a little more open and sometimes kind of dirty on the show, last week he was talking about that Zumba instructor who was having sex with her male clients and he said something like how the "the guys who were COMING"...and he then paused for effect and when the audience and co-host D.L. Hugley started to laugh AC said "let me rephrase that" and then said the guys who were "arriving to the studio", but everyone knew what he meant. He has a salacious sense of humor and likes to spring stuff like that on his audience.

by Anonymousreply 710/23/2012

I agree OP, I like his show but I notice now he definitely is starting to act gay.

You really could not tell before but it is somewhat obvious now.

by Anonymousreply 810/23/2012

"You really could not tell before but it is somewhat obvious now."

Yes I know, I Know. You can tell how obvious he is when he stans for Mitt Romney. On both shows.

by Anonymousreply 910/23/2012

AC is a MR supporter? Color me surprised.

by Anonymousreply 1010/23/2012

It always sounds like he's for Romney but I don't know. His bf's bar co-owners really, really, REALLY HATE Romney and all right wingers (they had a Obama fundraiser recently), so I don't think AC's around a lot of pro-Romney people other than the ones on CNN. I don't think he likes Obama, but it may not be because he's a Democrat either.

by Anonymousreply 1110/23/2012

The show is a lot better this season, and yes, Anderson is totally gaying out this time, which makes him so much more fun to watch. After he came out, I didn't expect him to constantly remind us about the fact that he's gay, but he really doesn't shy away from it and is constantly making jokes about how little interest he has in women. I wonder how some of his female fans are taking such reminders that he never cared for fish, but personally I love it!

by Anonymousreply 1210/23/2012

His female fans don't even care about him saying he's not into them, they love him. He has a lot of fans who have followed him for years and he has newer admirers, but no one complains about him not loving women other than to say that they wish he did, but they love him regardless.

by Anonymousreply 1310/23/2012

R15, I guess he meant it when he said in his coming out statement that he was never uncomfortable or ashamed of being gay and didn't want to leave that impression. Actually, before he came out he used to hint around about how he wasn't into the ladies, like when Kelly Ripa put his high school pic down her shirt as if he'd be DYING to look there but he said "sweetie, that's the LAST place I'd look". He's been leaving hints over the years, but now he's out and letting it all hang out.

by Anonymousreply 1610/23/2012

I like the show. It's like Anderson has taken the stick out of his ass, so to speak.

by Anonymousreply 1810/23/2012

[quote]I guess he meant it when he said in his coming out statement that he was never uncomfortable or ashamed of being gay and didn't want to leave that impression

The notion that Anderson was uncomfortable about being gay was just a myth. I never got the impression that he was ashamed of being gay, as he's been living his life as a gay man quite openly in NYC for years, going to a gay gym, being regularly seen out and about with his bf, etc... If he really was ashamed, he would have tried to cover his tracks, which he never did. It's not like he tried to beard or pretended to be interested in women, like Travolta or Tom Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 1910/23/2012

But for a lot of people R19, if someone famous can't PUBLICLY state that they're gay, then it looks to some as though they're trying to hide something or feel ashamed. Even Anderson came to that conclusion ultimately, which is why he finally announced it.

by Anonymousreply 2010/23/2012

Yes R20, it may have looked to some as though he was ashamed (which Anderson himself addressed in his coming out statement as one of the reasons why he decided to come out), but I'm only pointing out that he certainly didn't try very hard to hide anything even before he came out, which to me showed that he wasn't motivated by shame or a desire to hide.

Anyway, it's a moot point now that he's finally out. And as he keeps reminding us daily on his show, he's quite open about it. More the power to him.

by Anonymousreply 2110/23/2012

[quote]The notion that Anderson was uncomfortable about being gay was just a myth. I never got the impression that he was ashamed of being gay, as he's been living his life as a gay man quite openly in NYC for years,

Exactly. It's not as if he tried not to be photographed with Ben. It's not as if Ben had to walk six paces behind. It's not as if Ben sat in the back row while Anderson sat down in front. It's not as if Anderson sat with a woman at the Daytime Emmey awards show. None of those things happened. Thanks for pointing out how open he was, r19. It's great to have someone speaking the truth.

by Anonymousreply 2210/23/2012

R22 conveniently ignores all the instance when AC and Ben were seen together out and about, and were even photographed at public events (such as the Vanity Fair Oscar party, which they both attended several times, as evidenced in the following link).

I stand by my comment, which is that Anderson really wasn't all that concerned about hiding the fact that he was gay before he came out.

by Anonymousreply 2310/23/2012

Even before he came out, Anderson has been dropping hints about being gay for years (as r16 pointed out), one would have to be blind to miss it. Yet for some mysterious reasons, that was never obvious to the delusional DL fraus that are always polluting the AC threads with the fish stench of their hysterics. They would argue for days on end with anyone suggesting that he was gay by coming up with elaborate stories about him having a secret girlfriend. Funny how quiet they've become on that topic once he finally came out and unequivocally stated that he wasn't bisexual, but 100% gay. Where are all those posters who claimed for years that AC was bi?

by Anonymousreply 2410/24/2012

Anderson was at it again today emphasizing how he's not into women, saying that he'd be a "good listener" and he'd "admire your hair", but that's all a woman should expect from him. He's loving this.

by Anonymousreply 2510/24/2012

R25 This is nothing new. Anderson has always given hints for years that he was gay. Joking about it quite often. Why do you keep bringing this up? We all know that he is gay and finally "out". It is very strange that he and "YOU" have to keep saying he's not into women. Who is he trying to convince? HIMSELF? Because most of us already know and have known for a very long time who he bats for. Maybe he's trying to convince himself and still feels really guilty that his dick got hard when he was standing next to Keli while she was working out on her show a few years ago. Nobody photo chopped the video. That was ALL him. Hes obviously seen BREAST though, his words not mine.

by Anonymousreply 2610/24/2012

R22 You just shut this thread down. YOU are so right!!!!!Lol!

by Anonymousreply 2710/24/2012

He's free and eager to always talk about how gay he is now and I love it.

by Anonymousreply 2810/24/2012

[quote]He's free and eager to always talk about how gay he is now

His special tribute to Ben the other day was a very special moment on his show. Unforgettable. The music that was played in the background really added a lot. People in the audience were misty-eyed. Ben almost seemed overwhelmed. How can anyone deny that they're meant for each other after that tribute?

by Anonymousreply 2910/24/2012

It was a big step for him to FINALLY admit to being gay, I don't expect much more because it's not really necessary, but there's no point in making predictions because I didn't think he'd come out at all and he did, so I'm not going to assume that he'll do something or he won't, I'll just wait and see what happens.

by Anonymousreply 3010/24/2012

[quote] still feels really guilty that his dick got hard when he was standing next to Keli while she was working out on her show a few years ago.

Only a delusional Anderfrau would think that Anderson was getting a boner from working out with Kelly (and not Keli, you illiterate redneck). I remember that segment, and he wasn't hard. Just because he was showing a bit of a package wearing tight sweatpants doesn't mean he was aroused. You might know this if you had any experience with men, which obviously you don't R26. Maybe you should check out one of the "Guys presenting their dicks" threads to get an idea of what a hard cock looks like.

by Anonymousreply 3110/24/2012

Lisa Ling mentioned that he took her to gay bars when they were at Channel One and that he would leave her there. Bet, he would leave her there because he would hook up with someone.

by Anonymousreply 3210/24/2012

Lisa Ling and AC go way back. Today they showed a clip of them from 1994. She also chided him about gay things. They are such good friends, Lisa announced during the show that she is pregnant. You just know Lisa got a call from Babs afterwards lamenting she didn't make the announcement on The View. hee hee

by Anonymousreply 3310/24/2012

[quote]Anderson has always given hints for years that he was gay. Joking about it quite often. Why do you keep bringing this up? We all know that he is gay and finally "out".

We keep bringing up the fact that AC is a big ol' 'mo because that never fails to get you all worked up, R26. You just can't stand the fact that your precious Coopie wants nothing to do with your kind and is all about the big boys with their huge muscles and their massive cocks!

by Anonymousreply 3410/24/2012

I thought Lisa Ling was more reserved and serious but she's kind of loose and funny.

by Anonymousreply 3510/24/2012

I like seeing AC and Lisa together, they seem to have a nice rapport based on the fact that they've known each other for so long. I love that story she told about going to gay bars with Anderson back in the day! I can't believe how open he is on his show now that he's finally out, and I think it's great.

by Anonymousreply 3610/24/2012

Anderson's daytime talk show ratings have improved this season over last year. I guess being openly gay didn't hurt him with his fan base.

by Anonymousreply 3710/24/2012

R26 sounds retarded. Is she actually suggesting that Anderson was turned on by Kelly Ripa???? And that he felt guilty about it??? What kind of bizarro world R26 lives in?

by Anonymousreply 3810/24/2012

Anderson's non-stop reference to being gay on his daytime talk show is genius! I can't recall another mainstream show aimed squarely at straight women in TV history where the host is so keen on reminding his audience that he has absolutely zero interest in them. "Anderson Live" should be renamed "The Gayderson Show"!

And yes R38, R26 is seriously retarded. She's probably the one delusional voice who kept arguing that AC was bi on DL for years and that he had a secret girlfriend. "See, he's getting a boner from working out next to Kelly, he must like women too!"

by Anonymousreply 3910/25/2012

I really love how Anderson is so open now about how gay he is. He had this "girlfriend pillow" thing on his show and said he'd only use it just to see what it was like to sleep with a girl, then he said he'd love to have a boyfriend pillow, not that he really needs one, but I just liked hearing him say it anyway. He may not ever talk about being in a relationship, but there's no doubt about the team he plays for now, he seems very happy to make it clear every day.

by Anonymousreply 4010/25/2012

Anderson being so open about being gay is going to make poor R26's head explode!

by Anonymousreply 4110/25/2012

I did catch yesterday's program about "Smiles" the new psychedelic drug trend among high schooler and college kids. I'm too young to have kids but I found it to be informative because I had never heard of it. I always like to be up on things and this is useful for anyone I know who is a parent.

by Anonymousreply 4210/25/2012

The show is definitely better this season: the rotating co-host thing is a welcome addition since Anderson plays off well with a co-host, and the fact that it's live allows them to tackle topics that are more current than in the past.

by Anonymousreply 4310/25/2012

Let me get this straight (pun unintended). Tom Cruise is a moe? How would anyone know that? I mean, I've seen SouthPark but what evidence is there of his homo-ness?

by Anonymousreply 4410/25/2012

It was great to see old footage of AC and Lisa Ling from their early days at Channel One on his talk show yesterday. It was funny to hear them reminisce about the first time Lisa went to a gay bar with AC when they were 19 and him disappearing, leaving her to deal with all the lesbians interested in her. I loved it when Lisa asked Anderson if he had ever seen a woman's breast in his life.

by Anonymousreply 4510/25/2012

I did a hilarious blog post on Anderson Cooper vs. Thomas Roberts.

The bossy bottom won.

by Anonymousreply 4610/25/2012

The story that Lisa told about going out to gay bars with Anderson when they were at Channel One confirms what some people have been saying for years here, which is that AC has always been out at work. Such a statement was something that was always sure to get the delusional Anderfraus all worked up, because they would then swear that there was NO WAY that AC would be so brazenly open about being gay to his colleagues. I guess they were wrong about that one too! But then again, since they were wrong about so many other things when it comes to AC, who's counting?

by Anonymousreply 4710/25/2012

[quote]Such a statement was something that was always sure to get the delusional Anderfraus all worked up, because they would then swear that there was NO WAY that AC would be so brazenly open about being gay to his colleagues. I guess they were wrong about that one too! But then again, since they were wrong about so many other things when it comes to AC, who's counting?

Don't stop now, R47. You're on a roll. Toss in a few Ben-hater accusations and some of the infamous Multiples so you can guarantee that webbie will delete this thread, too. Come back later, and if it's still here, start a rant about an albino ferret and Connie Chung's ratings at CNN. Stir that pot snookums!

by Anonymousreply 4810/25/2012

What a strange post, R48. It is true that the notion that AC was out at work was hotly debated on DL for years, and Lisa Ling's comment simply put an end to that controversy. He was in fact out to his co-workers, since his early days at Channel One.

by Anonymousreply 4910/25/2012

He was sleeping with the boss at Channel 1, a fact people like to gloss over.

by Anonymousreply 5010/25/2012

[quote]He was sleeping with the boss at Channel 1, a fact people like to gloss over

Not as long as we have you R50 to remind us of that fascinating fact over and over like a broken record.

by Anonymousreply 5110/25/2012

How strange of you to pretend I denied anything about Lisa Ling, R49. How strange that you are unable to comprehend that I didn't make any claim about him being out or not.

It's very strange, r49, that you don't have the capacity to see that I was merely pointing to the typical bashing such as "delusional Anderfraus all worked up." Where did you imagine I posted that AC wasn't out to his co-workers? Do you often read things that aren't even on the page? Perhaps you should seek help for your very strange hallucinations.

by Anonymousreply 5210/25/2012

And your point is, R52?

by Anonymousreply 5310/25/2012

You guys need to not engage the ACHaterTroll. Too bad there's no real AC/Ben gossip to talk about.

by Anonymousreply 5410/25/2012

[quote]It's very strange, [R49], that you don't have the capacity to see that I was merely pointing to the typical bashing such as "delusional Anderfraus all worked up."

Not R49 here, but what seems even stranger to me is that you take such offense about that rather innocuous comment, R52. Why so defensive? Are you going to dispute the fact that there are indeed delusional posters who are obviously straight women that have been arguing for years with anyone who dares to mention that AC has always been out at work? Because that is just a fact. Anyone who comes to those AC threads regularly knows this.

by Anonymousreply 5510/25/2012

Nobody gives a fuck about Ben or the Bendersons.

by Anonymousreply 5610/25/2012

[quote]Are you going to dispute the fact that there are indeed delusional posters who are obviously straight women that have been arguing for years with anyone who dares to mention that AC has always been out at work?

Strange that you would ask such a question, r55, since it has nothing to do with my posts.

Strange you are unable to comprehend that my post was about people who are bashing others in these threads, thus getting the threads deleted.

Strange you can't see that I denied no claims about what women may have said in the past. It's clear to most that AC has been out at work for years. If someone can't agree, should we bash them with nasty accusations? Could that be something you do on a regular basis? Are you one of the bashers who tries to get these threads deleted?

by Anonymousreply 5710/25/2012

Yeah yeah SURE R56....

by Anonymousreply 5810/25/2012

r57 just doesn't get it.

by Anonymousreply 5910/25/2012

The fact that AC has been out at work for years, as Lisa Ling said, and that he's now so comfortable and open about being gay on his show ever since he finally came out publicly this summer confirms that Anderson was never ashamed of being gay, as so many posters on DL assumed. I know this is going to be difficult for some around here to accept, but it does look like he was telling the truth when he said in his coming out statement that his reluctance to address questions about his sexuality was never about shame, but out of concern for privacy and objectivity.

by Anonymousreply 6010/26/2012

In any case, I'm glad Anderson came to the conclusion that visibility trumps his concerns for privacy and objectivity, and decided to come out. I love how comfortable and real he is now that he can joke with his audience about being a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 6110/26/2012

What we get r59 is the fact that you couldn't reply to: "If someone can't agree, should we bash them with nasty accusations? Could that be something you do on a regular basis? Are you one of the bashers who tries to get these threads deleted?"

by Anonymousreply 6210/26/2012

"You can taste my Philly cheesesteak. So to speak!" - Anderson to Hugh Laurie

by Anonymousreply 6310/26/2012

I don't think calling a spade a spade is tantamount to "bashing someone with nasty accusations", r62. Some posters need to take responsibility for the kray-kray comment they put out.

by Anonymousreply 6410/26/2012

[quote]I don't think calling a spade a spade is tantamount to "bashing someone with nasty accusations",

Yes, R64. Let's all pretend that the nastiness is simply calling a spade a spade. Everyone can pretend that the bashers trying to shut down these threads are just posting accurate descriptions.

by Anonymousreply 6510/26/2012

[quote]"You can taste my Philly cheesesteak. So to speak!" - Anderson to Hugh Laurie

He's always saying stuff like that on the show now, he loves the double entendre.

by Anonymousreply 6610/26/2012

Good to see Anderson open and comfortable talkign about being gay on his show. New respect for you. He does seem more loose now.

btw any new sightings of AC and Ben?

by Anonymousreply 6710/26/2012

No sightings of the Benderson's yet. AC said he was going out to Long Island to shore up his home for Hurricane Sandy, guess that's their weekend.

by Anonymousreply 6810/26/2012

"The fact that AC has been out at work for years, as Lisa Ling said, and that he's now so comfortable and open about being gay on his show ever since he finally came out publicly this summer confirms that Anderson was never ashamed of being gay, as so many posters on DL assumed."

EVERYONE knows that AC was out to his co-workers and friends. Lisa Ling confirmed nothing R60. YOU are delusional. He's been stating that since he came out. Just because you keep bringing this TOM FOOLERY up trying to get people to agree with you doesn't mean it's going to happen. HE was ashamed and lived the life of a STRAIGHT man for over 25 years. YOU can't change that fact.

by Anonymousreply 6910/26/2012

It's also interesting how Martina McBride was reacting to him yesterday. She seemed very annoyed and uncomfortable him. She was very quiet looked like she really didn't want to be there.

That leads me to this. AC seems almost buffonish when talking about his "gayness". A buffoon is someone like a clown or a person who makes fun of themselves (at their expense) to entertain others. He makes fun of the "gayness" on a daily basis just to get a laugh from the audience.

I never see Ellen doing that or even Nate Burkus when he was on tv or even Suze Orman. They are gay but they let their "personalities" define them not their gayness. He's making a fool out of himself and engages in this behavior on a daily basis just to get people to laugh at him. This is why I am CONVINCED he came out for the RATINGS and not because it was his civic duty.

25yrs of silence = Failing AC360 show Failing daytime show = COMING OUT to boost ratings.

by Anonymousreply 7010/26/2012

R69 manages to contradict herself within one single post:

[quote]EVERYONE knows that AC was out to his co-workers and friends.

[quote]HE was ashamed and lived the life of a STRAIGHT man for over 25 years.

So which one is it, R69? Because if AC was "ashamed and lived the life of a straight man for over 25 years" as you emphatically claim, how could he be at the same time "out to his co-workers and friends"?

by Anonymousreply 7110/26/2012

AC was talking about people having sex loudly and the bf/gf pillow and it was kind of risque, maybe Martina McBride wasn't expecting that from him, but I loved it!

I'd rather see him talking about being gay ("buffoonish" or not) than being quiet about it. Some people are NEVER happy with AC, always whining. If he were still in the closet, THAT would be a problem. Now that he's happily talking about how gay he is, THAT'S a problem too. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 7210/26/2012

Wow, R70 really hates the gay, doesn't she? There's nothing "buffoonish" or "clownish" about Anderson casually referring to his gayness, he's just comfortable with himself and has a sense of humor, that's all.

by Anonymousreply 7310/26/2012

Thank you R73. I'm loving him being open about it and if he wants to be playful with it, that's fine too. The audience seems to love when he brings it up - they always clap and laugh in support of it.

by Anonymousreply 7410/26/2012

I guess R70 would like it so much better if Anderson would tone down his "gayness", as it offends her homophobic frau sensibility. What a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 7510/26/2012

Why don't you all watch the video of Martina McBride co-hosting and then comment.

How can you comment on something you haven't even seen, just heard about third-hand?

by Anonymousreply 7610/26/2012

If you watch this clip (in its entirety) Martina seems to be fine with Anderson.

Just because someone is 'quiet' doesn't mean they are homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 7710/26/2012

I watched it live R76.

by Anonymousreply 7810/26/2012

I Love Anderson but had no idea he was Republican, and now he is so comfortable the Asexual acting Metro-sexual is long gone..... Let's all have a moment to Grieve. Now we Have a full fledged Mary on our hand's. Sure he doesn't flame it but I wouldn't hold any bottles of Gran Marnier near him. And those Co-Host's Please these are unrecognizable celebrities i have no idea who they are. Sure their have been a few, that were true celebrities but really.

by Anonymousreply 7910/26/2012

No one is accusing Martina McBride of being homophobic, R76/R77. The homophobic cunt is R70, who accuses Anderson of being clownish because she can't stand the fact that he's comfortable about being openly gay on his show.

by Anonymousreply 8010/26/2012

Good catch, R71!

And yes, R69/r70 hates the gays, hence her comment about Anderson being too gay on his show and doing it all for ratings. Bitch keeps contradicting herself anyway: she used to accuse AC of being closeted so as not to alienate his mostly straight female audience, and now she accuses him of playing up the gay angle to boost his ratings. Like that makes any sense!

by Anonymousreply 8110/26/2012

R70 is ridiculous. Maybe Martina was a little quiet because she was out of her comfort zone. Co-hosting a talk show is probably something she's never really done before. I don't think her being quiet was because she's homophobic. I liked her as a co-host and at least she stuck around the whole time. Most of the co-hosts seem to disappear after the first 15 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 8210/26/2012

I saw AC and Ben working out together at David Barton gym earlier today. Hot couple.

by Anonymousreply 8310/28/2012

They're in Long Island

by Anonymousreply 8410/28/2012

They must have been home last night, or at least one of them was home.

by Anonymousreply 8510/28/2012

They are very low key and private and maybe that's what keeps them together - four years now.

by Anonymousreply 8610/28/2012

Maybe they leave the lights on when they go to Long Island so no one will try to rob the place. It's so huge.

by Anonymousreply 8710/28/2012

They're probably getting the Monet and Gauguin out of the Long Island house before it's swept into the ocean by Sandy.

by Anonymousreply 8810/28/2012

AC might talk about his weekend during the first 15, minus Ben of course.

by Anonymousreply 8910/28/2012

What are the chances of Anderson dying in this storm? Would anyone even miss him if he died?

by Anonymousreply 9010/29/2012

Is he really a Republican?

by Anonymousreply 9110/29/2012

And yes, [R69]/[R70] hates the gays, hence her comment about Anderson being too gay on his show and doing it all for ratings. Bitch keeps contradicting herself anyway: she used to accuse AC of being closeted so as not to alienate his mostly straight female audience, and now she accuses him of playing up the gay angle to boost his ratings. Like that makes any sense!

R81 You are a true ASS WIPE! YOU have no idea who I am so bringing up another poster saying "she" used to be only shows us that you are a paranoid schizophrenic. The voices in your head are outta control.

1. I didn't accuse AC of being closeted. He did a good job at proving that himself.

2. He is a buffoon. He makes fun of HIMSELF and his lifestyle to make straight people laugh at him. YOU should be offended. His low self-esteem is front row center on his talk show. Talk about overkill.com.

3. He conveniently came out 2 months before his new season started so that he could play up the gay angles because living as a straight man just wasn't paying the bills anymore. He's trying to play the public.

The question is will the ratings ploy work AND not just in New York.

by Anonymousreply 9210/29/2012

"So which one is it, R69? Because if AC was "ashamed and lived the life of a straight man for over 25 years" as you emphatically claim, how could he be at the same time "out to his co-workers and friends?"

Being out to his co-workers and friends is not being "out" for the who world to see NUTTY BUDDY and you know this. His friends and family protected him. Please don't play DUMB or maybe you ARE really DUMB.

Read this very carefully:

HE WOULDN'T HAVE COME OUT A FEW MONTHS AGO TO THE WORLD as a gay man IF HE WERE "OUT" all of those years and living his life publicly as a gay man. There would be absolutely no reason to. He was living as a closeted gay man and that's not disputable. Comprende.

and R72 There is a difference in being proud of who you are (Ellen Degeneres, Neil Patrick Harris) and making a fool of yourself and your lifestyle (Anderson Cooper) to impress other people. A big difference.

by Anonymousreply 9310/29/2012

I see the crazy assed "multiples" are back. Anytime you don't agree with them or worship the ground AC stands on daily they become irregular and constipated.

by Anonymousreply 9410/29/2012

Glad he's out and willing to talk about it whichever way he wants, it's all good and I don't see anyone complaining about it outside of this one person here.

by Anonymousreply 9510/29/2012

Exactly R95. There's only one crazy homophobe who keeps bitching about AC being too gay now that he's out, and that's R92/R93/R94. Go somewhere else with your freeper shit!

I'm sure AC and Ben have a state-of-the-art alarm system at the firehouse, so there's no need to leave all the lights on when they're away to prevent burglars, r87. I think someone once mentioned seeing cameras near the entrance too. All the lights were on in the photo at R85's link because they were probably home then.

by Anonymousreply 9610/29/2012

Anderson Live won't be returning for a 3rd season.

Too bad, I was really enjoying the new format and a more open Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 9710/29/2012

The show has been cancelled. This is the last season.

by Anonymousreply 9810/29/2012

Trying to morph it into Live with Anderson and Rotating Guest Host didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 9910/29/2012

I am glad his daytime show is not being renewed for a third season. Its worse this year than it was last year and that's not saying much. I guess he'll have more time to spend with Ben now.

by Anonymousreply 10010/29/2012

Going! Going! Gone!

by Anonymousreply 10110/29/2012

Will he coast through the rest of this season and not even try to have a good show? He seems like the type who will have a hissy-fit about getting dumped and will try to find an excuse to get out of the contract right away.

by Anonymousreply 10210/30/2012

I like him and the show and am sorry that it won't be renewed. He's a professional and will show up to do his job r102.

by Anonymousreply 10310/30/2012

This show should have been cancelled after the first season. I like Ac even more now that he has came out but his show was never a hit. Never.

by Anonymousreply 10410/31/2012

About Anderson being a Republican..I don't know for sure if he is but I used to work as an AP for CNN International and CNN is/was very sensitive to the fact that some people thinking they were too liberal. In fact, we made a deliberate effort to be harder on liberal guest. I am sure this is why he may talk about Romney in a positive light. As for Anderson donating to a republican candidate. He did do this but is was many years ago and it was to a guy running in a small town election.....hardly earth shattering. Also, considering he is gay and the friends he hangs out with, and the fact that his bf has held democratic fund raisers it doesn't really add up to him being a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 10510/31/2012

[quote] CNN is/was very sensitive to the fact that some people thinking they were too liberal. In fact, we made a deliberate effort to be harder on liberal guest

I believe this, it's VERY evident in CNN's reporting and in how the anchors like AC and Wolf treat liberal guests and pundits on their shows. Soledad is the only one who doesn't suck up to conservatives.

by Anonymousreply 10610/31/2012

Jeff Zucker is THISCLOSE to being hired as the new head of CNN

Watch for heads to roll starting with AC as his salary doesn't justify the ratings he is pulling in.

by Anonymousreply 10710/31/2012

[quote]Watch for heads to roll starting with AC as his salary doesn't justify the ratings he is pulling in.

With the failure of "Anderson Live," maybe AC will pay attention to building an audience for 360.

by Anonymousreply 10811/02/2012

ZUCKER IN = ANDERSON OUT Zucker is not a fan of AC

by Anonymousreply 10911/02/2012

So AC does sometimes go to Eastern Bloc.

Lolsam JUST SAW ANDERSON COOPER WALK INTO EASTERN BLOC. I CAN DIE NOW. CIAO.

by Anonymousreply 11011/04/2012

Another sighting of AC at Eastern Bloc:

quote]Myles Tanzer ‏@mylestanzer

Actually LOL Anderson Cooper at Eastern Bloc.

So much for those who claimed he never hung out there.

by Anonymousreply 11111/04/2012

Judging by this photo and another tweet I saw, he was also at EB last Saturday too. Looks like he's talking to Ben.

by Anonymousreply 11211/04/2012

LOL a baseball cap and sunglasses? Loser.

by Anonymousreply 11311/04/2012

He just bitched out a Republican on Twitter, so.

by Anonymousreply 11411/04/2012

Thanks for that link R112. I think it's the first time that anyone managed to snap a pic of AC and Ben at Eastern Bloc.

[quote]He can now hang out at trashy disease ridden clubs that his trade owns and nobody cares.

What a nasty comment! Do you think gay bars are "disease-ridden", R115? You sound like a hateful cunt.

by Anonymousreply 11611/04/2012

[quote]He just bitched out a Republican on Twitter

I saw that tweet, Anderson's response to that conservative asshole made me laugh! I love it when he gets bitchy on Twitter, especially to Republican ass wipes.

by Anonymousreply 11711/04/2012

DL should ban hateful troll like R115. A gay gossip site should have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to homophobes.

by Anonymousreply 11811/04/2012

I hope he's getting an earful from Ben's EB co-owner about Romney and right wingers - that guy Darren is a huge Obama supporter and really hates Romney.

by Anonymousreply 11911/04/2012

I'm surprised someone was able to get a photo of them in EB.

by Anonymousreply 12011/04/2012

Me too, R120. At the same time, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Now that AC is out, he can go to Eastern Bloc without having to worry about what people might say.

by Anonymousreply 12111/04/2012

Yes, he's free to go there whenever he wants. It's more gay than Bedlam.

by Anonymousreply 12211/04/2012

I'm laughing at poor pearl-clutching R115 literally having a meltdown that her precious Coopie was photographed with Ben in (gasp!) that revolting den of sin that is Eastern Bloc!

by Anonymousreply 12311/04/2012

Weird, I tried to link to R115's incensed comment, but somehow it links to R110 instead. Anyone knows why is that?

In any case, this is the post I was referring to:

[quote]I think we ALL know why he's being seen hanging out there all of a sudden. His show is cancelled so he no longer has to be CAREFUL. He can now hang out at trashy disease ridden clubs that his trade owns and nobody cares.

Poor silly frau can't handle all the gay that's pouring out of AC ever since he came out as big ol' mo!

by Anonymousreply 12411/04/2012

The Daily Mail has an article about AC and Ben out and about after hurricane Sandy.

Interestingly, they don't even bother to mention the so-called "cheating pics" of Ben kissing that other guy, as they seem to have finally realized that this was not the cheating scandal that they were hoping for when they broke the story back in August. It looks more and more like those pics were indeed much older than what the Daily Mail initially reported.

by Anonymousreply 12511/04/2012

[quote]It looks more and more like those pics were indeed much older than what the Daily Mail initially reported.

Why does it look more and more that they were "much older" than reported? Where are you getting this information?

It would be interesting to know if this is a fact or simply some Benderson Frau wanting the photos to be of a time long ago.

by Anonymousreply 12611/04/2012

It's a fact that Ben looked very different in the pics of him leaving the firehouse on his bike that were taken a week after the kissing pics: he was a lot more muscular and his arms were much bigger. There's no way to explain this except if the kissing pics were significantly older than what the Daily Mail claimed. Since they got a lot of their story wrong (they had reported that AC and Ben had broken up), that wouldn't be too surprising.

by Anonymousreply 12711/04/2012

I'm certain the pics were old, Ben looked totally different when he was on the boat in Croatia than how he looked on those pics and those pics were supposed to have been taken the day before they left, but I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 12811/04/2012

I wonder what happened to the loon who used to swear that Anderson had a secret girlfriend on the side. Did she kill herself when he finally came out?

by Anonymousreply 12911/05/2012

The reason the Daily Mail did not mention the cheating scandal is because they know the pictures were leaked from the AC's camp. It's quite obvious don't you think especially now that we all know his show is being cancelled.

I've been saying this for months all of the publicity from the cheating scandal, to coming out, to the Star Jones beef was just a ploy to get him MORE ratings and it didn't work. It was ALL from him or his camp.

by Anonymousreply 13011/05/2012

"Poor silly frau can't handle all the gay that's pouring out of AC ever since he came out as big ol' mo!"

Give it up bendertroll. It must really piss you off that you can't silence me or anybody else for that matter tha diagrees with you. AC has been a "Queen Mary" for as long as I can remember. Not a surprise for me. The difference between you and ME is I don't have a problem saying he SUCKS when he sucks. Call me a frau, cunt, bitch, etc until your blue in the face. Trust me him and his tea party republican agenda will still SUCK.

by Anonymousreply 13111/05/2012

She told you off, r124...you got served, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 13211/05/2012

Why on earth would Anderson's "camp" leak pics of him and Ben walking around their neighborhood to the Daily Mail, R130? Do you really believe that AC, who's in fact notoriously private, is that desperate for attention? He's not Lindsay Lohan, you know. Besides, I fail to see how a couple of pics of AC and Ben walking in the street would have any impact on his ratings. And why would he be concerned about increasing the ratings of a talk show that isn't going to be renewed anyway? Your theory makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 13311/05/2012

R131 forgot to take her meds again.

by Anonymousreply 13411/06/2012

BACK TO THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD...

I like the fact that Cooper is more open and more himself, but don't like the way the show is broken up into so many different segments -- "The First Fifteen", a new cohost every day, a serious topic, then worst of all, Anderson at the very end talking about how much he liked this guest or that segment, etc.

It needs focus.

by Anonymousreply 13511/06/2012

that sounds like the 'Final Thoughts' segment at the end of the Jerry Springer Show r15

by Anonymousreply 13611/06/2012

Anderson Cooper got his own October Surprise last week — his afternoon talk show is going out of business at the end of the season.

The show, renamed “Anderson Cooper Live” in September, was the victim of poor ratings and higher-than-normal costs.

“It was a very expensive show,” said one insider — $20 to $25 million a month, according to reliable estimates versus $10 to $15 million for an average show.

The company producing the show — Telepictures, an arm of Time Warner — was actually losing money on it, unusual for a syndicated daytime show, according to sources, with little chance of getting into the black any time soon.

The announcement last Monday came just hours ahead of Hurricane Sandy striking the East Coast and the news hardly made a dent.

While some questioned the timing, it was, at least in part, dictated by the contracts local stations — like Ch. 5 here, which airs the show weekdays at noon — had with Cooper’s syndicator.

Telepictures had to tell stations by Oct. 31 if Cooper would be back in fall 2013 — and to the surprise of many, the syndicator said, “no.”

“The stations loved the show,” says the insider. “It was a perfect lead-in to the early news. They were shocked.”

It was Cooper, according to another source, who insisted that Telepictures announce immediately that the show was ending — not something that is customarily done in October, because the show still has seven months to run.

by Anonymousreply 13711/06/2012

[quote]Telepictures, an arm of Time Warner — was actually losing money on it, unusual for a syndicated daytime show, according to sources, with little chance of getting into the black any time soon.

It's probably only because they gave away so much free shit.

Anyway, I am getting caught up on my DVR and just watched the Nancy Grace episode - I have long hated this woman, but she is even more scary and odd than I thought. Her demeanor during hot topics or whatever was frighteningly manic, speaking to AC as if he was one of her twins.

by Anonymousreply 13811/06/2012

Nancy Grace kept interrupting Anderson and it seemed like he wanted to haul off and slap her silly a few times.

by Anonymousreply 13911/06/2012

He needs a cohost for a week at a time. Isn't that the way Mike Douglas did it?

by Anonymousreply 14011/06/2012

[quote]I'm digging the new season

Are you groovin' to the Mamas and Papas too?

by Anonymousreply 14111/06/2012

Ben's bar Eastern Bloc is mentioned in a New York Times article about hot night spots re-opening right after power came back downtown last Friday.

by Anonymousreply 14211/06/2012

R140, he's bringing certain co-hosts back frequently like Deborah Norville, Keke Palmer, Jane Velez-Mitchell. Kristen Chenoweth would've been back for the Halloween show if they had've been able to do it.

by Anonymousreply 14311/06/2012

This is how sad the show is: It started out having A-listers like Angelina Jolie, Susan Sarandon, Richard Gere, and Goldie Hawn as guests to eventually having D-listers like Carmen Electra, Kelly Osbourne, Lisa Rinna, and trash from the Real Housewives.

A-listers won't even go near that flop now.

by Anonymousreply 14402/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.