Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Childhood indicators that you were going to be gay

When I was 12 years old and in 7th grade, my big year-end book report project was "Goddess: The Secret Life Of Marilyn Monroe" by Anthony Summers. Complete with a presentation in front of the entire class, with pictures of Marilyn on a poster board.

Yours?

by Anonymousreply 31105/12/2013

LOL! Did you include the gruesome autopsy photo (breathlessly titled "Marilyn in death" in the book)?

by Anonymousreply 110/02/2012

Shirtless photos of Fabian.

by Anonymousreply 310/02/2012

At age thirteen, having the biggest crush on my 6'3" tall, handsome, twenty-three year-old tennis coach. Wanted to spend every day of that summer with him.

At the same age, I remember being fascinated with ads in magazines for men's underwear. There was one ad featuring rows of men in briefs on deck chairs. All the men, but one, would be face down. Men's butts still make me so horny!

by Anonymousreply 410/02/2012

I loved The Golden Girls (I was a child during its original run). I also wanted to be Elvira, Mistress of the Dark.

by Anonymousreply 510/02/2012

I was a boy child and liked the other penised ones.

by Anonymousreply 610/02/2012

There is a Polaroid of me about six in my mother's trench coat and fur hat with big Jackie O sunglasses and a pair of white gloves clutched in my hand that is tellingly planted firmly on my hip.

by Anonymousreply 810/02/2012

My brother and I both got Thing-makers for Christmas one year. His was "Creepy Crawlers." Mine was "Fun Flowers."

by Anonymousreply 910/02/2012

In the second grade I did a school report on my antique doll collection.

by Anonymousreply 1010/02/2012

R8, I beg you to post that photo.

by Anonymousreply 1110/02/2012

I repaired an old cassette tape of the Xanadu soundtrack using scotch tape on the ribbon. It actually worked. I then listened to the soundtrack all the time.

by Anonymousreply 1210/02/2012

I would obsessively design new sets for my favorite game shows using graph paper and colored pencil.

My "Match Game '77" set was a work of art.

by Anonymousreply 1410/02/2012

I would enact a boy-girl conversion with my tight swim trunks, tucking back for a smooth girlie presentation, and then pulling it all up for a manly boy bump. For a while I preferred the girl look, until I saw in the mirror what it looked like from behind.

by Anonymousreply 1510/02/2012

i love this thread!

and yes, r8 please post that pic!

by Anonymousreply 1610/02/2012

By age 8 I had memorized every word to every song in "The Music Man." Within six months of its release, I had done the same with "The Sound of Music." Just imagine a ten-year-old boy doing a perfect impersonation of Peggy Wood singing "Climb Ev'ry Mountain"!

by Anonymousreply 1710/02/2012

this is R8. I will endeavor to find it although I fear my mother took it with her to her grave. Re: Sound of Music. Every kid in my neighborhood had the soundtrack to the movie and everyone was obsessed with it. Same with West Side Story (but so were the parents). The same goes with the Batman tv show. I think because there were fewer options for entertainment especially with tv that there was more a common rallying around certain shows and movies regardless of unexamined sexuality. I know Steven Moisen and I were polar opposites in the area of football and baseball but we both knew all the words to I Am Sixteen Going on Seventeen...

by Anonymousreply 1810/02/2012

I was obsessed with Geraldine Chaplin.

by Anonymousreply 1910/02/2012

I loved to play Barbies with the girls in the neighborhood. And I would handle the dolls with care, not rip their hair out like most boys would do.

by Anonymousreply 2010/02/2012

In music class we had "record day" once a while where the teacher would play records the kids brought in. Most boys brought in Kiss records and the like. I brought in "Boogie Nights" by Heatwave. The black girls in class couldn't believe I owned that record. I loved the Carpenters and Captain & Tennille, but by age 11 I knew I probably shouldn't admit to it in front of the tough kids.

by Anonymousreply 2110/02/2012

Where to begin?

- Sears Catalogue, men's underwear section.

- My sister's Barbies were so appealing.

- Men in Speedos aroused me, even at a young age.

by Anonymousreply 2210/02/2012

My father played on a church sports team -- softball in the summer, basketball season in the fall. I remember a couple of times he let me go into the locker room with him. Even at age 6, I was utterly dazzled by all these hot young athletes in various stages of undress all around me.

by Anonymousreply 2310/02/2012

[quote]My brother and I both got Thing-makers for Christmas one year. His was "Creepy Crawlers." Mine was "Fun Flowers."

This one made me laugh. Even though I had Creepy Crawlers, so I guess I was a butch poof in the making....but not really.

My mother had a drawer full of 60s trinkets, sunglasses, cheap earings, stuff like that...I loved putting them all on (sunglasses on my head of course) and running around the house.

My (youngish) grandmother had a cupboard full of very nice expensive shoes, Gucci etc...we'd play 'shoe shop' and I'd try them all on...'Oh, no...I don't like these, what about the other pair!'

I just used to amuse them...but at some point I realized it wasn't actually a very good idea.

My father had 'hot' tickets for an important cricket match and phoned me to meet him there (quel treat!) (I would have been about 12)...I said I couldn't make it because I wanted to watch a re-run of Bewitched. He came home in a rage!

by Anonymousreply 2510/02/2012

My taste in music in elementary school:

Bessie Smith

Helen Morgan

Peter Allen

Edith Piaf

Trudi Herr

by Anonymousreply 2610/02/2012

The first time I saw a guy's pubes in Junior High School...I had an instant boner. Before that, I got turned on to Playboy magazine. Guess I went from straight, to bi, to gay!

by Anonymousreply 2710/02/2012

Betsy McCall paper dolls.

by Anonymousreply 2810/02/2012

By the time I was five I could draw Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty Castle with my eyes closed.

And it always included fireworks.

I watched the first broadcast of COLOR ME BARBRA. I asked my mother "Why is she stamping on that coat?"

by Anonymousreply 2910/02/2012

Went in drag to my 2nd grade Halloween party - in the 1950s!

by Anonymousreply 3010/02/2012

Played jacks with my female classmates in grade school.

by Anonymousreply 3110/02/2012

Three words: Suzy Homemaker Oven.

by Anonymousreply 3210/02/2012

My 7th grade science project was about handwriting analysis. As examples I used copies of the autographs of John Kennedy, Mark Twain, Marilyn Monroe and Richard Chamberlain and analyzed their personalities.

This was in 1961. I know, it dates me.

by Anonymousreply 3310/02/2012

My childhood bedroom had a conversation nook.

by Anonymousreply 3410/02/2012

Making sock puppets and putting on shows, wanted a baton for Christmas and when I got it, inserted "sparklers" in the ends so I could twirl fire baton.

by Anonymousreply 3510/02/2012

Twirled around my little girl friend's bedroom with with her crinoline around my neck like a cape. Somehow I knew it was just too wrong to wear it around my waist.

With a homemade crown cut out from a paper plate.

by Anonymousreply 3610/02/2012

I was obsessed with both Sal Mineo and Jill Haworth after seeing EXODUS. I wanted Sal to hold me.

by Anonymousreply 3710/02/2012

Ok, one for the lesbians. My friend across the street had BMX bikes. Mine was green with a banana seat. I hated that bike, so I would borrow his and ride wheelies all the way down the street. I was in the Bionic Woman fan club, I had the doll and I wanted to move to Ojai, because that's where Jamie Summers lived. I also had a huge crush on Meredith Baxter Birney when she was in Family. I was really young at the time, but I'd stay up to see her. And I loved Little Darlings with Kristy McNichol. I guess the gaydar was strong when I was little.

by Anonymousreply 3810/02/2012

The night of my 12th birthday I stayed up all night making a Partridge familt bulletin board and a decoupaged record cabinet. I found the record cabinet recently in my mom's basement. There are photos of Liza, Alexis Smith, Karen Valentine, Carol and Julie, Vicki Lawrence, Dennis Cole, Natalie Wood, Lucie Arnaz, Barbara Eden, and Efrem Zimbalist Jr. (WTF!?!), decoupaged on it.

by Anonymousreply 3910/02/2012

When I was little, my Grandma used to babysit me while my mom worked ( she was a nurse, and Dad took off after I was born, this was late 1960's--early 1970's) She had a TON of records and would stay up late and watch old movies and sometimes I would watch them with her. I LOVED the old musicals and the drama queens like Joan Crawford, Bette Davis, etc.

I would put on "shows" for Grandma and her friends. I'd pick out several records, put on one of Grandma's wigs and lip synch into a hairbrush or a Lysol can. My favorite "show" was Peggy Lee's "Is That All There Is?" in which I would put on the blonde wig and drape myself dramatically over the piano. I also loved doing "shows" to Julie London, Billie Holiday and, yes, Judy Garland. I was about 8-9 years when I began doing this.

The neighbors had a swimming pool, and I would do "water ballet" with the girls. I also threw a hissy fit if I didn't get to "choreograph"!

by Anonymousreply 4010/02/2012

LOL R39 about Efrem Zimbalist Jr. although he was pretty hot looking when he was younger

by Anonymousreply 4110/02/2012

Other Kids had 'Scoobie-Doo', 'GI Joe' and 'Archie' lunchboxes. Mine was "The Edge of Night"

by Anonymousreply 4210/02/2012

[quote]Did you include the gruesome autopsy photo (breathlessly titled "Marilyn in death" in the book)?

I wanted to but my mother talked me out of it! I only used glamour shots of Marilyn for the poster board.

by Anonymousreply 4410/02/2012

I wiped my mouth with my napkin like I was wearing lipstick that I needed to protect.

My mother nearly slapped the shit out of me.

by Anonymousreply 4510/02/2012

I always hung out with my girl cousins JUST so I could play with their Barbies and their Easy Bake Oven.

I wanted that Easy Bake oven something FIERCE!

by Anonymousreply 4610/02/2012

[quote]Other Kids had 'Scoobie-Doo', 'GI Joe' and 'Archie' lunchboxes. Mine was "The Edge of Night"

LOL! That's pretty gay.

by Anonymousreply 4710/02/2012

Babygay here, I once told my mother that I wanted to be Maria von Trapp when I grew up. This would have been age 3 or 4. I insisted we watch The Sound of Music at least once a week. By comparison, at the same age my lifelong straight friend would say that he wanted to be a dolphin when he grew up...whata dumbass!

by Anonymousreply 4810/02/2012

Earrings...caftans...dialing the phone with a pencil...

by Anonymousreply 4910/02/2012

Another for the girls:

Matchbox cars over dolls Carrying my books like a boy (vs resting them on my hip) Sporty clothes Dorothy Hamill hair...forever Wanting to touch Stevie Nicks

by Anonymousreply 5010/02/2012

I had paperback copies of all the Richard Lamparski "Whatever Became of?" books which I read over and over again and thus was very familiar with all the faded C-list performers of the 1920s, 30s, and 40s.

by Anonymousreply 5110/02/2012

I watched the 1976 Montreal Olympics when I was 8 years old, then took to doing my own gymnastics floor exercises like Nadia, pirouetting across the living room floor.

My sister had a Starsky and Hutch poster with a lot of different scenes from the television show, and I used to go in her room to look at it because one picture had Paul Michael Glaser sitting back with his shirt open showing off his chest hair.

While other kids played Superman or The Six Million Dollar Man, one friend and I played Wonder Woman. Including putting on some sort of tiara and bracelets.

by Anonymousreply 5210/02/2012

Cowboys. Their stance made me feel funny. During a big showdown the camera would have to focus on guns and holsters and who drew first, but that was all at crotch level.

Jantzen swimsuit ads.

Jim Palmer underwear ads

by Anonymousreply 5310/02/2012

Bought a Pound Puppy for Show-And-Tell in Kindergarten. Named Jennifer.

Wanted My Little Pony and Rainbow Brite for my birthday.

When using the bathroom at the Del Mar Fair, noticing the guys pulling their dicks out to take a piss. Since they were troughs instead of latrines, you could usually see all their business. How fascinated I was by the thick, uncut dick the hillbilly was sporting as he was relieving himself.

Playing "i'll show you mine if you show me yours" with a guy instead of a girl at a summer church camp when I was 7 or 8. And my dad whooping my ass when we got caught.

Damn near 23 years later, realizing my desire to be best friends with Jonathan was more than that, but was way too young to process it since I was 8 at the time.

Underwear ads. Marky-Mark's Calvin Klein ads making me hard when I was 11.

Eric Nies body on the first season of "The Real World"

While my dad would ogle at the tall model Zelma in the video for C+C Music Factory's "Everybody Dance Now," I would secretly ogle the chiseled body of Freedom Williams.

How cute I thought those guys in New Kids on The Block were in the video for "Please Don't Go Girl"

I used to play with Barbie dolls sometimes, but mainly have Ken hump Barbie.

All those cute Filipino boys at my middle school I would ogle at privately.

Funny how I realized all of this but didn't start admitting I was gay until I was in my late 20's due to the oppressive environment I grew up in. I turn 31 in a few days and have simply ran out of fucks to give...

by Anonymousreply 5510/03/2012

Comic books, action figures, baseball cards, sensible haircuts for Barbie

by Anonymousreply 5610/03/2012

1. Somewhere around age 5, I would try to entertain family by either standing on my tip toes with my hands above my head and pronouncing myself a ballerina OR belt out "The minute you walked in the joint...hey big spender!."

2. After taking a bath around the age of 7, I would secretly see how many different styles of "dresses" I could make using my bath towel, though I don't think I actually made it beyond three (short shoulderless, long shoulderless, halter top).

3. Around age 10, I would pretend I was a genie living in the vase shaped like the genie's bottle on "I Dream of Jeannie," including spraying aerosol air freshener from a can held on its side to create my genie mist as I transferred into the vase.

by Anonymousreply 5710/03/2012

[quote]Other Kids had 'Scoobie-Doo', 'GI Joe' and 'Archie' lunchboxes. Mine was "The Edge of Night"

In first grade I had BEDKNOBS AND BROOMSTICKS - an Angela Lansbury lunch box. Jealous, bitches?

by Anonymousreply 5810/03/2012

As someone who was around for the original Dialing a Phone with a Pencil thread, this is just as good, if not better.

More, more.

by Anonymousreply 5910/03/2012

One summer I set up a school in our garage and charged the neighborhood girls a quarter to learn deportment, which basically amounted to walking around with books on your head and having tea parties.

by Anonymousreply 6010/03/2012

I would pull off imaginary earrings, one at a time, before answering the phone. With a gentle little head tilt for the second one. If nobody is around, I still do it.

by Anonymousreply 6110/03/2012

I put Nerf balls in my shirt and made breasts. I could never understand why my brothers didn't share my joy.

by Anonymousreply 6210/03/2012

Back in the 50s when I was about 8 or 9 I took the "Sleeping Beauty" comic and hung pages from it all around our garden shed. It was the first room I decoratred .... with those Walt Disney images, I was so pleased with it.

by Anonymousreply 6310/03/2012

At age 9 I startled my family with a spot-on Carol Channing impression. I distinctly remember the line "It's a shhhelf contained uuuunit."

by Anonymousreply 6410/03/2012

I began shaking uncontrollably when my friend stood on a locker room bench in 7th grade and dropped his swim trunks, putting his ridiculously thick penis directly at eye level with me. I had to quickly play off my trembling as my being cold. "Brrrrr!" I remember saying. I can't tell you how quickly I ran home from school that day--eager to jack off with the image of that thing still fresh in my mind.

by Anonymousreply 6510/03/2012

Sneaking a peek at guys' dicks when pissing at public urinals. I loved those baseball games at Fenway Park when I was a kid. Trough urinals were the best.

by Anonymousreply 6610/03/2012

I choreographed an entire kick line routine to Tony Orlando and Dawn's, " Say Has Anyone Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose" in the 70's.

by Anonymousreply 6710/03/2012

I had a striped red, white, and blue bed sheet that I'd tie around my neck and pretend it was Wonder Woman's cape.

When swimming in our pool, I'd pretend I was Stella Stevens trying to swim my way out of the Poseidon. Then I'd walk on the wall separating the pool and spa and re-enact the scene where she falls to her death.

by Anonymousreply 6810/03/2012

My 7th grade art class - we had to project a shadow of our profile (head) whilst a fellow student traced our head 'shadow' onto paper. Then we took the 'head' home and drew images of "what was in our head". I can't remember everything but I do know that I replicated the logos for "Another World" (this was roughly 1987) and the Joans Collins mini-series "Sins" titles which aired that week. My art teacher never said anything but looking back I'm sure she shared this story in the staff room.

To this day I could randomly sketch the Sins logo without a second thought.

by Anonymousreply 6910/03/2012

I insisted on playing tee ball, somehow I got on a team though I was a girl. I played "Army" most days. I got so into it my backyard was full of trenches, a brick wall with mud as mortar, spider holes, mini Punji pits, and chicken wire used in place of barbed wire.

by Anonymousreply 7010/03/2012

I begged paw to replace the gun rack in his pickup truck with a spice rack.

by Anonymousreply 7110/03/2012

i picked up soccer, fieldhockey and softball. duh.

by Anonymousreply 7210/03/2012

My sister and I would perform lip synch dance routines to songs we plyed on the 8-track in the living room for our Mother, Grandmother and various neighbor ladies.

by Anonymousreply 7310/03/2012

The first album I ever begged to get: Bette Midler's 'Experience the Divine'. I was seven.

by Anonymousreply 7410/03/2012

Using a red-orange toilet seat cover as a wig when I wanted to be Annie. I was OBSESSED with Annie in the early 80s. We also had a sheep dog that resembled Sandy in the movie. Too bad I was a boy!

by Anonymousreply 7510/03/2012

As a young child around 9 my dad built and installed in ground pools. He would invite potential customers over to our home and show them our pool and pool home in hopesvog landing the job. I would get all excited and end up in the pool house changing convienantly when the males were changing to check them out. Also I would swim under water checking them out in the water. It was heaven for me. I loved to look at the hot daddy types and some thirty years later I am still at attacked to daddies.

by Anonymousreply 7610/03/2012

Draped in a sheet as an evening gown, I'd "runway" through the house.

by Anonymousreply 7710/03/2012

When I was ten, 'The Way We Were' was first released. I saw a preview in the local cinema and thought 'I MUST SEE THAT!'.

When my parents were away I persuaded whoever was looking after me to take me to see it and I LOVED it!

by Anonymousreply 7910/03/2012

[quote] I would get all excited and end up in the pool house changing convienantly when the males were changing to check them out. Also I would swim under water checking them out in the water. It was heaven for me.

So funny! I almost swallowed my bubble gum reading this.

by Anonymousreply 8010/03/2012

Oh, I just remembered one. I was maybe 9 years old and there was a neighborhood boy my brother & I used to play with. His older brother would occasionally join us, and he was terribly hunky (at least to a 9 year old).

Anyway, he would run around shirtless and I remember going up to him and kissing and caressing his back (in front of everyone, who appeared to take no notice).

You'd think he would've turned around and beaten the shit out of me, but he just laughed and said "If you don't stop that, I'm gonna tell your Mom you were humping me."

He was so nonchalant about it.

by Anonymousreply 8110/03/2012

[quote]I loved the Carpenters and Captain & Tennille, but by age 11 I knew I probably shouldn't admit to it in front of the tough kids.

My brother used to tease me about my Captain & Tennille record...and this one>

by Anonymousreply 8210/03/2012

Lesbian here. I had a crush on my 2nd grade teacher. I was a teacher's pet, of course.

For Valentine's day the classes always exchanged cards. I wanted to make hers special so I went to my mother's room, found the best smelling perfume and doused it. I did this because I had seen a cartoon with Peppy Le Pew doing something similar. I imagined little hearts floating from the card when she opened it.

The following year, I was in my new class and I felt a tug on my pony tail. She had made a special trip to my new class to drop me a card. I often wondered if she knew. She was very positive when a teacher could have been shaming.

by Anonymousreply 8310/03/2012

In the late 80s I remember seeing an exquisite Barbie doll in the Sears Christmas catalog and BEGGING my parents to order it for me. Of course, I got the standard argument that boys don't play with dolls. Right around the same time there was an episode of Donahue featuring a Truman Capote-looking guest showing off his huge Barbie doll collection. I excitedly pointed this out to my parents because it contradicted their argument. Needless to say, it didn't change their minds and I never got the Barbie. But it was nice to see a guy with dolls and to feel like I wasn't alone. So thank you, Phil Donahue.

by Anonymousreply 8410/03/2012

I was in 3rd grade in Texas in the late 60s, and was jealous of my classmates who were taking baton twirling classes. I asked my parents to sign me up for twirling class. Nearly all of the 3rd grade guys were in football leagues; I wanted to be a cheerleader and twirler.

by Anonymousreply 8510/03/2012

Fantasies about making out with Dolly Parton on her tour bus in 7th grade...(when I wasn't thinking about Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman) All my friends liked Duran Duran.

by Anonymousreply 8610/03/2012

I asked for and got the Cabaret soundtrack for Christmas, and I must have worn it out, singing and dancing around our finished basement.

I also used to say "divinely decadent" to my parents but my father didn't like it so much!

by Anonymousreply 8710/03/2012

I knew how to bake Lady Fingers by age ten.

by Anonymousreply 8810/03/2012

[quote]The neighbors had a swimming pool, and I would do "water ballet" with the girls. I also threw a hissy fit if I didn't get to "choreograph"!

Priceless!

by Anonymousreply 8910/03/2012

Just loving this thread.

by Anonymousreply 9010/03/2012

When I was 12 I decided I needed to redecorate the bedroom that I shared with my brother. So my Christmas list was very detailed and based around an orange and yellow theme. (It was the 70's.) I included details for the bedspreads for my brother and me, the carpeting and included "antiquing" the bureau which was all the rage at the time. I got none of this.

by Anonymousreply 9110/03/2012

I watched the bit in the Fame movie where Montgomery says "I am a homosexual". Trouble is, I had my headphones plugged into the TV and was saying it with him. I must have rewound the VHS tape countless times and done that. My mother had walked in at some point and tapped me on the shoulder because dinner was ready. Oh the mortified expression on her face.

by Anonymousreply 9210/03/2012

When I was about six my mom would sometimes take me to the grocery store and leave me in the kiddie area. If I was good and stayed put I would get a toy. One of my favorite selections was the Cinderella colorforms.

by Anonymousreply 9310/03/2012

"Every kid in my neighborhood had the soundtrack to the movie and everyone was obsessed with it. Same with West Side Story (but so were the parents)."

Absolutely true. I would listen to it all the time at friend's houses AND we listened during (the nuns couldn't get enough of it). In addition to its artistic merits and the sheer life force generated by Julie Andrews and the movie's creators, TSOM rode the wave of the Catholic renaissance and the Second Ecumenical Council. It was an extraordinary phenomenon, the likes of which we will never see again.

by Anonymousreply 9410/03/2012

Halloween was even bigger than Christmas to this gayling. I started designing my own costumes at age 4 (no store-bought crap for me!). Fortunately, my father was an artist and encouraged me to dream big. He and my mother then would execute my costumes, create masks and wigs, etc. I was an autumn leaf (age 4), Puff the Magic Dragon (age 5), a cardinal (age 6), and a jaguar at age 7.

Then I transitioned to 'real' characters from favorite musicals (Cornelius from Hello Dolly, the Artful Dodger, and Willy Wonka for ages 8-10). I would also choreograph and have my own song to sing at each doorstep.

My parents should have known.

by Anonymousreply 9510/03/2012

I taught myself to tap dance. I pressed bottlecaps into my PF Flyers and tapped away, either on the concrete garage floor or our basement's linoleum floor, which had a much better sound.

I choreographed a tap routine to The Osmond Brothers Last of the Red Hot Lovers.

by Anonymousreply 9610/03/2012

When I was almost 15, I moved to the unused third floor/attic bedroom in my family house. It had really cool rough plaster walls and wider plank wooden floors. Enormous. My mother, let me decorate it. I decided to go gallery style. Everything ultra white, floors, woodwork, walls. Then I got as many fun MMoA oversized posters as I could and framed them in metal frames. I built shelves at one end (butch!) and created a living room, with stereo and tv. I even talked my mother into a getting a sofa for it. I floated a mattress on 2x4s creating a sexy place to sleep...jack off..and In the open stairway area there was sort of a balcony effect, which was my "study" with desk and chair.

Then I ordered Levelor Metal mini blinds in Ming Red. And from George Kovaks those white based plastic lamps with Ming red shades. Track lighting for the art. I remember finding hellerware Ming red trays at bloomingdales and talking my mother into getting a bunch for me to use on my nightstands and tables. What a fairy, and I was in heaven!

by Anonymousreply 9710/03/2012

The Sound of Music as some kind of Catholic revival hysteria? Oh my, I'm glad I didn't live in your town.

by Anonymousreply 9810/03/2012

After seeing the national company of THE SOUND OF MUSIC starring Florence Henderson, I wanted to be Liesl. Rolf, her on stage boy friend (Peter Van Hattum) was hot.

by Anonymousreply 9910/03/2012

Halloween 1975. 10 years old. Dressed in full drag as Lily Tomlin's Laugh-In character Ernestine, the telephone operator.

by Anonymousreply 10010/03/2012

I used to watch the winter olympics and then go into the kitchen and practice my triple axel on the linoleum floors (in my socks).

by Anonymousreply 10110/03/2012

R100 wins.

by Anonymousreply 10210/03/2012

Being a child of the 70s, I used to love disaster movies (and movies generally) and would spend weekends re-enacting scenes from them. But I was always Jennifer Jones falling out of the elevator in "The Towering Inferno", Shelley Winters swimming for her life in "The Poseidon Adventure" in the backyard pool or Ava Gardner falling down that sewer at the end of Earthquake. My parents thought I was completely nuts (and, brother, were they right).

i also tease my mother than she turned me gay by taking me to a double bill of The Sound of Music and Hello, Dolly! when I was 9. She was a deeply devout Catholic and I was anything but, so she thought a trip to Maria von Trapp land would help he out a little. Oh, boy. She didn't want to stay for Dolly, but I insisted.

by Anonymousreply 10310/03/2012

My crush on Endora.

by Anonymousreply 10410/03/2012

Male My Little Pony lovers unite!

by Anonymousreply 10510/03/2012

I used to imitate Endora. My mother nipped that in the bud.

by Anonymousreply 10610/03/2012

My father and I had nothing in common. He loved to hunt and fish and build. I wanted to spend my day watching soaps and styling hair and designing clothes. After the soaps were over, I would create my own soap operas. While my Dad never said anything to me directly, I did overhear him tell my mother once that I was a 'sissy'. After that, I retreated into books and avoided him every chance I got. To this day, we barely have a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 10710/03/2012

Well, let's see. At age 8 the other boys were collecting baseball cards or playing sports. I was peering into antique shop windows and craving porcelain. No kidding.

I also wanted marble-topped mahogany Victorian tables for my bedroom.

It really became obvious when I wanted a hand embroidered green silk blazer to be co-ordinated to the handmade (what else?) drapes and bedspread of my bedroom. I was, oh, maybe 10 years old.

Mom knew.

by Anonymousreply 10810/03/2012

Oh, and besides co-ordinating to the bedspread, I also craved Billie Holiday. Nobody, including myself, knows how on earth I ever found out about Billie Holiday. I also had an obsession with Barbra Streisand. Was I gay or what?

by Anonymousreply 10910/03/2012

I used to design uniforms for the sports that were more revealing.

by Anonymousreply 11010/03/2012

B&W snapshot of me at about age 3, circa 1960: Crew cut, little kid shorts, no shirt -- and my mom's high heels, earrings and purse.

by Anonymousreply 11110/03/2012

Lesbian here.

I wanted Star Wars action figures over dolls. Hated dolls.

My best friend and I would play Star Wars and we used to fight over who got to be Han and who got to be Luke. Luke was too girly.

Started playing softball when I was 7. Got a crush on a female player who broke my heart when she cancelled a sleep over.

Had a major crush on my PE teacher in junior high.

Played the trumpet.

I remember my grandma used to always call me a tomboy. She seemed so proud that I was because she was one. If she had lived to find out I was gay, she probably would have stopped talking to me.

by Anonymousreply 11210/03/2012

poster #108 again. How could I forget this: for a birthday cake I wanted a Genoise cake with raspberry filling. YUP. Mom knew.

As for "The Sound of Music", well, I saw it, oh, maybe 15 times! I never could decide if I wanted to be Frauline Maria or do her husband...or both! Yeah, both!

I felt a bond with Uncle Max. I will go to my grave believing Uncle Max was "family".

by Anonymousreply 11310/03/2012

Where do I begin?

When we played H.R. Puff ‘n’ Stuff, I was always Witchie-poo.

Memorized The Sound of Music soundtrack (which I still have) by the time I was six.

Was FASCINATED by G.I. Joe’s bare chest and by the tight pants on my Lone Ranger “doll.”

My first TV crush was Van Williams aka The Green Hornet.

Always volunteered to play the girl/woman in school plays (I went to an all-boys elementary school)

Dressed in drag innumerable times and then captured it on Super 8. I still have all these home movies (more like “homo movies”) my best friend and I made in 7th and 8th grade.

Made my dad take me to see Day of Locust, because I was too young to see it by myself (uit was rated R) and I was only 15.

Asked for (and got) the soundtrack to Paper Moon for my 13th birthday: I still have it and it’s still my favorite movie.

Snuck in to see Cabaret four or five times (I was 11) and got all tingly down there when Michael York was shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 11410/03/2012

The first time I saw Stevie Nicks. I didn't know if I wanted to fuck her or be her.

by Anonymousreply 11610/03/2012

When I was in preschool the class would have to sit in a room crosslegged on the floor while we waited our turn to eat lunch in the lunchroom. We were given these manila paper passes to hand in for the lunch. I would wet the corner of the paper and pretend to paint my nails while we waited. I wouldn't have been older than five.

by Anonymousreply 11710/03/2012

r103: Hello, Dolly clocks in at 2:26 and Sound of Music at 2:54! Plus intermissions!

That's a long day for anyone, especially a nine year old. But I guess the hours fly by when you are acting out all the parts in your head!

by Anonymousreply 11810/03/2012

[quote]I used to watch the winter olympics and then go into the kitchen and practice my triple axel on the linoleum floors (in my socks).

So did I! I would also practice jumps in the living room.

by Anonymousreply 11910/03/2012

I was 7, and after seeing a Mae West movie on TV, I decided to dress up as her. I put on a big hat, and 2 oranges under my shirt. When my father pulled up after work, I greeted him by sashaying down the driveway saying "Why don't you come up and see me sometime?" In front of the neighbors. He rolled his eyes and ran into the house.

by Anonymousreply 12010/03/2012

R120=Little Janet Jackson

by Anonymousreply 12110/03/2012

LOL R120!!

by Anonymousreply 12210/03/2012

I would watch the six milliondollar man on Sunday's. I remember lee majors jumpsuit with the zipper almost undone exposing his lovely hairy chest. It was Mid seventies and I was roughly 7 years old and I really really loved to see that.

by Anonymousreply 12310/03/2012

r120 LOL! I am crying from laughing....I bet your dad had the same expression mine did when I said I wanted to be a hairdresser at age 8.

by Anonymousreply 12410/03/2012

When I was about ten my mother and I found a set of depression glass at my Great Grandmother's house. Pink Mayfair. I was then a collector and had to have all the rest of the big pieces. I even subscribed to 'Depression Glass Daze', the collector's newspaper .

by Anonymousreply 12510/03/2012

[quote]Around age 10, I would pretend I was a genie living in the vase shaped like the genie's bottle on "I Dream of Jeannie," including spraying aerosol air freshener from a can held on its side to create my genie mist as I transferred into the vase.

I read this 60-some replies ago and am still laughing uncontrollably.

by Anonymousreply 12610/03/2012

r 125!!! I subscribed to "The Daze" as well and "The Glaze" for Pottery & Dinnerware enthusiasts.

I was a teenage dish queen - I loved the 1950s "Dwarf Pine" by Taylor, Smith and Taylor. Of course, it's bubblegum-pink.

by Anonymousreply 12710/04/2012

about age six, playing hairdresser with my mother, which consisted of brushing, teasing and back-combing her thick dark hair into a beehive, around 1966.

same age, playing shoesalesman (like R25) and also customer with my mother's high heels and "magic" slippers.

about age ten, after showering, wearing the oversized pink towel as an off-the-shoulder dress, with the blue towel as a turban on my wet hair, like Liz Taylor, around 1970, walking down the stairs with a bouquet in my hand to the sound of "Here Comes the Bride" in my head. Thankfully I had the sense to do this when no one was at home.

by Anonymousreply 12810/04/2012

BEST THREAD EVER! Thank you for all the laughs.

by Anonymousreply 12910/04/2012

Me at 7, to my mother: "You're so mean! I can't BELIEVE you won't let me go see that!"

The movie in question was "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?"

by Anonymousreply 13010/04/2012

Sweet Jesus, I don’t know where to begin!

Perhaps it was that I started collecting antiques at the age of 10. That same year, my father gave my mother the soundtrack from the Sound of Music for a gift. She played it once or twice – I wore the thing out. I also remember swirling around the living room to “Shall We Dance,” from the King and I – sometimes in my mother’s satin and chenille bedspread, in a nod to that gorgeous ball gown worn by Deborah Kerr. And, I sang the hell out of Dusty Springfield’s, “Windmills of My Mind.”

I took over from my older sisters decorating the house for Halloween, Easter, and especially Christmas. Hell, in grade school the nuns had me decorate the hallway bulletin boards – a task that they usually reserved for themselves. One year I wanted to dress up as a pilgrim for Thanksgiving dinner at my grandmother’s house (I had made my own ye olde English shoe buckles, damnit!), but my mother would have none of it.

Yeah, that’s about the tip of the iceberg.

by Anonymousreply 13110/04/2012

[quote]with the blue towel as a turban on my wet hair, like Liz Taylor, around 1970

It seems we have more in common than just the shoe shop, R158, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 13210/04/2012

Is age fourteen still considered childhood?

I was fourteen in 1978 and I don't think there were many budding straight guys who went to see Unmarried Woman & Julia, at least four times each.

Also Goodbar & Annie Hall over & over.

by Anonymousreply 13310/04/2012

I knew I was gay when I started sucking off my 10th grade classmate.

by Anonymousreply 13510/04/2012

R134= Quentin Crisp, before he discovered the question mark.

by Anonymousreply 13610/04/2012

[quote]So it is true all gay guys are effemininate are acted like little girls in childhood, no wonder i cant be attracted to any of them.

Why don't you answer your own question, how butch are you in the scheme of things?

by Anonymousreply 13710/04/2012

r130, that was almost exactly what I said to my mother, but I was 12 and the movie was "Carrie."

by Anonymousreply 13810/04/2012

R134 @ link.

by Anonymousreply 13910/04/2012

Damn you R139, I'm crying with laughter.

by Anonymousreply 14010/04/2012

all those uncut cocks in boarding school

by Anonymousreply 14110/04/2012

When my mother re-decorated the house, she asked my advice on all the choices. About half the time, she ignored it. But the other half she changed her mind and took my advice.

When I came out to her in my teens, she claimed to have NO IDEA that I was gay.

by Anonymousreply 14210/04/2012

[quote]BEST THREAD EVER!

Well, at least since "Dialing the Telephone with a Pencil"!

by Anonymousreply 14310/04/2012

LOVE this thread!

by Anonymousreply 14410/04/2012

I was drafted to help my aunt find a suitable venue for her wedding.

I was 12.

by Anonymousreply 14510/04/2012

When I was 10, my mother walked in on me trying on her makeup. She laughed. The second time she caught me, I was shipped off to a child psychologist.

by Anonymousreply 14610/04/2012

r134, what these threads say to me (I'm also a fan of the classic "Dialing the Phone with a Pencil") isn't about the relative manliness of the posters but about how people's ideas of manliness and femininity have changed.

by Anonymousreply 14710/04/2012

R120, I'm guessing your dad wasn't shocked when you came out.

by Anonymousreply 14810/04/2012

R134, what's heartbreaking is your internalized homophobia. Can you not read your own post and see that you're the one with the problem?

by Anonymousreply 14910/04/2012

I swiped one of mom's fashion magazines, read it front to back and decided that I needed more chic clothes. The only problem is that I thought chic was pronounced chick. "Mom, I need more chick clothes" is what I ended up saying to her.

by Anonymousreply 15010/04/2012

I jerked off to Tony Danza on "Who's the Boss." I also jerked off to Kirk Cameron on "Growing Pains," which is really embarrassing now.

by Anonymousreply 15110/04/2012

r153, GROSS!!!

by Anonymousreply 15410/04/2012

This is why gay men hate on other gay men. Being a gay man is being attracted to men, not wan a be girls

by Anonymousreply 15510/04/2012

I posted ths before as did another DL'er...

My sister got back from a trip to NYC and bought LP's of the three shows she saw. Listening to "Dance at the Gym" from WEST SIDE STORY, Broadway cast album got me all hot and bothered.

by Anonymousreply 15610/04/2012

R134, I never met an uber-butch gay man who wasn't at least mildly self-loathing and always apparently on the verge of a hysterical breakdown.

Gay men who can embrace and celebrate the their feminine side tend to be far more fun and well-adjusted than those who insist they are "all man" except when it comes to actually liking tits and pussy.

I was a sissy boy and the one of four sisters who was nearest to me in age was a tom-boy (though not a lesbian.) She and I were best friends. Because she was a slow learner and we were so close, my parents held her back from kindergarten so we could be in the same class. What a pair we must have made - a delicate boy and a rugged girl who were inseparable. We only split up in the playground when she went off to play ball with boys and I jumped rope with the girls.

by Anonymousreply 15810/04/2012

self loathing because we are comfortable being a real man who likes the same in other men?

by Anonymousreply 15910/04/2012

r158- bobby trendy

by Anonymousreply 16010/04/2012

I'm 33 and have yet to ever encounter a gay man that didn't have SOMETHING stereotypically 'gay' about him. I'd love to see these 'real' men on this thread in reality. I guarantee they own Madonna and/or Cher cd's.

by Anonymousreply 16110/04/2012

Dammit, start your own thread. These stories are hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 16210/04/2012

BWWAAAHHHAAAAAA!!!!! R134!

by Anonymousreply 16310/04/2012

or I should say R139! Kudos to you! BWWWAAAHHAAA!

by Anonymousreply 16410/04/2012

This is why I fancy straight dudes!

by Anonymousreply 16510/04/2012

[quote] "Mom, I need more chick clothes" is what I ended up saying to her.

LOL! I mispronounced the big auto race in France when trying to 'butch it up' to my male cousins.

by Anonymousreply 16610/04/2012

You people that are complaining are comparing grown men's feelings and attitudes with kid's. When you're a kid trying to figure stuff out, it's all different. When you're a kid and you know that you're different you gravitate toward thinking about things differently, behaving differently. And the most different way for a young male kid to think is to look at stuff like females look at things. Young gay boys are trying to figure out their place...and sometimes they go overboard for a long time.

I loved Liza, Barbra, Ann-Margret, crushed on David Cassidy and Bobby Sherman, made candles and macrame, wore my babysitter's earrings, and hung out with 'the gals' at my Mom's Tupperware parties. But I assure you I am what you might call a 'manly man' now. I grew up. So for you to say "...we like men not women..." is absurd. And even if I DID still hang with the Tupperware gals, who the fuck cares?

by Anonymousreply 16710/04/2012

[quote]This is why I fancy straight dudes!

That's why you'll die alone.

by Anonymousreply 16810/04/2012

I used to take out the tie from my bathrobe, put it around my head to pull my hair out of my face. Then I would "cleanse" my complexion every night before bed like the ladies did on TV commercials.This was followed by a moisturizer. I was 8.

by Anonymousreply 16910/04/2012

R134, r152, r157, et. al:

Guess what? No matter how much of a macho, MAN you are, the Republicans still hate you.

by Anonymousreply 17110/04/2012

i would do anything to suck my brothers dick

by Anonymousreply 17210/04/2012

Another lesbian here. I was very much the stereotypical tomboy -- marked aversion to dresses, into sports, the outdoors, climbing trees, building forts, etc. -- but I also loved show tunes, pop divas and night time soaps. I even wrote some embarrassingly bad "Dynasty" fanfic and presented it at school for a creative writing assignment. Go figure.

I'm now what some might consider a butchy femme.

by Anonymousreply 17310/04/2012

My first day of school at age 5 I wanted to take a doll on the school bus. I distinctly remember my Mother telling me that the kids would never forget it and she was right. The same year I wanted a toy stove for Christmas. I knew I was getting one because I could see through the paper on the box in the pantry where we were not allowed because of the presents. When the brought that package out and gave it to my 2 year old sister. I knew they had given it to her by mistake and remained calm as she hit at the box to open, not even knowing what it was. Then my Grandfather brought out a wood box he had made with linoleum on top where he had painted burners to look like a stove. I was told this way they could put different linoleum on top when I tired of it and would be a toy box. I think they actually bought that toy stove for me and decided not to give it to me. I wasn't upset but clearly remember understanding that there was something unacceptable with the gift I asked for. I wanted lipstick when I was 6 and was told my lips were pink enough but my Mother bought me some chapstick to appease me. Even as a very young child I was mesmerized by the butts of men, not women, just men and would follow nice ones around.

by Anonymousreply 17410/04/2012

[quote]I was 7, and after seeing a Mae West movie on TV, I decided to dress up as her. I put on a big hat, and 2 oranges under my shirt. When my father pulled up after work, I greeted him by sashaying down the driveway saying "Why don't you come up and see me sometime?" In front of the neighbors. He rolled his eyes and ran into the house.

THIS still has me laughing, hours after I first read it.. BEST post of this thread and there are so many great posts.

by Anonymousreply 17510/04/2012

All you judgmental asses need not read this thread. Or try viewing all of this this from a child's point of view. And try loving that child as he or she is.

by Anonymousreply 17610/04/2012

My mom made me a Flying Nun hat when I was a little kid. I wore it everywhere...with a cape, and mom's boots.

by Anonymousreply 17710/04/2012

R139, all your butch posturing on this campy jokey thread shows you for who you really are.

Not only are you illiterate and totally lacking in wit, but you're obviously unattractive as well or you life would have been full of hot looking butch queers who clearly avoid you like the plague because you don't seem to know of their existence.

Good luck with the 'straight dudes' you masturbate about.

by Anonymousreply 17810/04/2012

This isn't an all or nothing thing.

I used to play dress ups in my mother's old clothes and play teacher with my younger siblings, but I also loved Lego, climbing trees, building forts, play fighting and other stereotypical "boy" things.

I think this has made me a pretty well rounded and well adjusted adult. I don't feel like I need to subscribe to any particular gender role or stereotype.

I feel sorry for those of you who feel like you need to be all manly and tough all the time as if you have something to prove to yourself or others.

by Anonymousreply 18010/04/2012

You're the reason gay guys claim to be straight on cam4, craigslist, etc...thinking it makes them more desirable. How sad. I'm embarrassed for them.

by Anonymousreply 18110/04/2012

One Christmas ( 1975, I was 12 y/o) I BEGGED my mom to get me the Ronco "Bedazzler"--a little machine that "bedazzled " your clothes with studs and rhinestones. I'm sure she had her doubts, but I was giddy with joy when I unwrapped it. Plus, she had also got several extra bags of rhinestones, studs and sequins for my little gay ass to play around with

Feeling festive, I took one of Mom's sturdy, utilitarian, white, cotton bras and "bedazzled' it. I used rhinestones to spell out "Mom" on each cup and made flowers and butterflies with the oh-so-carefully glued sequins.

I presented Mom my haute brassiere----and she began to laugh. Not a mean laugh, but a deep, hearty, genuine laugh. She was laughing sooooo hard, she was crying and clutching her sides. Naturally, I was upset and asked " What's the matter, Mom? Don't you like it?" After she finally caught her breath, she grabbed me in a big hug and said "Honey, I LOVE it! And, I love YOU!"

She still has her bedazzled Cross-Your-Heart to this day and even joked to me she's going to be buried in it!

by Anonymousreply 18310/04/2012

R183 awwww, lucky boy.

by Anonymousreply 18410/04/2012

R183, that story is so sweet. I want to laugh and cry at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 18510/04/2012

R40, I love you.

by Anonymousreply 18710/04/2012

I would dress up as Dorothy Zbornak.

by Anonymousreply 18810/04/2012

r150 here. I want to adress the gay-hating nutcase who denies there are butch queers and hates fem guys. Besides having chic clothes, I was the high school quarterback and regarded as a stud by all of the girls and I'm sure a good number of the boys wanted to be me. I wouldn't have given you a second look because I was too busy getting it on with guys just like the ones posting in this thread, just like the ones you decry. So listen asshole, fem guys are a main reason we have anything approaching equality, they were often brave and out while those that could pass like me were not. And to me, that's more desirable than a deep voice or stupid Paleolithic mannerisms.

by Anonymousreply 18910/04/2012

Actually, R188, I'm not quite sure what that makes you.

by Anonymousreply 19010/05/2012

Well, not a specific moment but learning about Greek astrology and finding out I was a Gemini, and then learning the Chinese version and finding out I was born in the year of the cock, I guess the odds werer pretty stacked for it.

by Anonymousreply 19110/05/2012

I slapped people's faces VICIOUSLY

by Anonymousreply 19210/05/2012

Another for the lesbians....when I was 6, I had a Ken doll, while my sister had Barbie. Later I got a GI Joe, still later I made him a set of armor. I told my parents I wanted o be an artist, a scientist or a boxer when I grew up. I got to be two of those things, and kiss girls.

by Anonymousreply 19310/05/2012

I cut out photos from the mens underwear section of the Sears catalogue and saved them in a drawer.

I also ruined a pair if my mother's sleeve length leather gloves because I wore them while eating potato chips.

by Anonymousreply 19410/05/2012

In fourth grade, I choreographed an elaborate skit/ lip syncing routine/ dance to Billy Joel's "Uptown Girl." I recruited my much younger neighbors to play all sorts of parts such as the Uptown Girl's manicurist and a smitten man who would present flowers to the Uptown Girl, only to be ignored. I, of course, was the Uptown Girl and wore a ratty old fur collar and a long, blonde Manson girl style wig. I made invitations and put them in all the mailboxes on our block. The performance was held on a Saturday afternoon in the back yard and was pretty well attended. I couldn't understand why my father stayed inside.

Years later, I lip synced and danced to George Michael's "Father Figure" for my 8th grade Theater Arts class. It was a very dramatic performance with a lot of hugging my own body and putting the back of my hand to my forehead. This was in Texas. I didn't get invited to any more birthday parties after that....until a few budding fag hags got old enough that their parents allowed them to invite boys.

by Anonymousreply 19510/05/2012

A friend of my Dads worked at the stadium where the NFL team played. He would let us in for the games and into the locker room after. This was when I was about 12 years old until 16. Didn't really have too much interest in the opposite sex after that.

by Anonymousreply 19610/05/2012

OMG R183!!! It is 5:10 in the morning and I am laughing out loud so hard my lungs hurt! That is priceless! God bless you and your Mom!!!

by Anonymousreply 19710/05/2012

Took my sister's Ken doll and put him with my G.I Joe without their clothes on.

by Anonymousreply 19810/05/2012

Harry Hamlin in Clash of the Titans

by Anonymousreply 19910/05/2012

In no specific order:

My mother had a beauty parlor in the 1960's, and my father had a bar frequented by sailors. The beauty parlor was my palace (wigs wigs wigs) and the bar, with dance hall and go-go cages, was my playground. Learned how to dance with the cocktail waitresses, IN the go-go cages, to the delight of many sailors.

Fascinated by condom machine in bar's men's room, especially, when sailors went in there to buy them, with tight pantt hard-ons because one of our waitresses hgad been fondling him (realized that later in life).

Felt up female patron's legs at the beauty parlor ("my, your son is going to be such a Casanova!") ... to find out if they were wearing stockings.

Choreographed dance numbers to Skater's Waltz, Sleigh Ride, Mame, and many Spanish songs which I made the neighborhood kids (I made sure I was the oldest so I could force them and not get beat up) perform, in between sets of "Tag" and "Hide & Seek."

All my toys were pretty boyish (record player, car dashboard, model planes, GI Joe). I reserved girly games for live people - myself and a towel, neighborhood girls and a brush.

[quote](short shoulderless, long shoulderless, halter top).

Wish I knew you then and we would have added one-shoulder, peasant blouse, and hippie caftan/mummu to the repertoire. Plus 5 hairstyles - long/behind ears, long/covering ears but behind shoulders (my favorite bc Debbie Shelton, Miss USA 1970 had it), long/all in front, long/all to one side in front of shoulder, upswept/tucked in back of neck.

Weekly fashion show in front of my Mom's mirror with every piece of clothing (Mom or Dad) that looked good on me.

Starred as Fritz three years in a row in San Juan Ballet's production of "The Nutcracker" (no dance training at that poit - except the bar girls)

Big living room mirror - "The Music and the Mirror." Enough said

Most kids had the Archies, the Beatles, Raphael, Cheryl Tiegs on their bedroom walls. I had a huge collection of the crowning of Puerto Rico's first Miss Universe in 1970 (see link, notice Debbie's Do, my fave)

Oh yes, ... had an affair (mostly fondling and kissing) with my P.E. teacher (male, 40's) when I was 10. Fucked up shit, but I wasn't really "sodomized."

After that, my focus shifted to man-stuff (locker rooms, bathrooms, etc) and out the window went the towels, wigs, and fringes. The dancing prevailed, and it became my first career.

by Anonymousreply 20010/05/2012

R198 we did that too and I'm a straight girl. Of course we also had Barbie 3-ways with GI Joe and Ken too. My little girlfriend, the main instigator, got her ass whooped by her religious mom one day because she walked into the bedroom and caught us putting a naked GI Joe and Ken along with a naked Barbie in Barbie's townhouse bed. I'll never forget that day. My friend running through her house while her mother, with a belt, chasing her ass and screaming about sin the whole time while I stood in the door with my mouth hanging open.

R183 hilarious and sweet.

by Anonymousreply 20110/05/2012

If this was still the '60s this thread could be turned into those jokey Dan Greenburg type books they had back then, such as 'How to Be a Jewish Mother'. With quirky cartoon illustrations.

(Freakily, I just googled that book and it was:-

'the best selling non-fiction book in the United States in 1965, with 270,000 copies sold').

Maybe those kinds of books still sell. We'll need a catchier title.

by Anonymousreply 20210/05/2012

r183, your Mom sounds fantastic. Hope you've shared some great times together.

by Anonymousreply 20310/05/2012

[quote]I BEGGED my mom to get me the Ronco "Bedazzler"--a little machine that "bedazzled " your clothes with studs and rhinestones.

Video @ link

by Anonymousreply 20410/05/2012

I would pull off imaginary earrings, one at a time, before answering the phone. With a gentle little head tilt for the second one. If nobody is around, I still do it.

I made fun of that move as an adult in the eighties ("how do soap vixens answer the phone?").

Great thread - have a lot in common with so many here, plus added twists and perversions of my own - a result of my upbringing in the affluent, Catholic tropics (see r200)

by Anonymousreply 20510/05/2012

I imitated The Supremes in my bedroom, after having pulled the flood lights out of our flowerbeds and put them in a line across the floor like footlights. I was Diana. In some ways I still am.

by Anonymousreply 20610/05/2012

An ex of mine used to tell me the stories of stuff he would do like lip syncing "Something to Talk About" and "Orinoco Flow (Sail Away)" for his school talent shows and I always wondered why his parents let him do that and he told me he just didn't tell anyone he was doing it. He just did it!

by Anonymousreply 20710/05/2012

Who fashions a dress out of a towel? You use a flat sheet off of the bed, hello.

by Anonymousreply 20810/05/2012

[quote]I even wrote some embarrassingly bad "Dynasty" fanfic and presented it at school for a creative writing assignment.

PLEASE tell us what went on in these stories, and what the class reaction was like.

by Anonymousreply 20910/05/2012

There is a picture of me from my childhood that is so horrifying, I can't even describe it to you guys because it is so shameful and embarrassing. It's the gayest thing you could possibly see, and it's humiliating. No guy would EVER sleep with me if he could see this thing. I *thought* I'd destroyed the only copy years ago when I was going through the family picture albums. I literally burned it in the kitchen sink. Well yesterday was my mother's 60th birthday, and one of her siblings made her one of those photo DVD slideshow deals set to music...a collection of pictures from her life. Imagine my absolute horror when THE picture popped up on the screen for all to see. I just sat there frozen and silent, trying desperately to detach from my body, hoping somehow--some way--no one would notice? I could have fucking died. I'm mortified knowing that copies of that picture are not only still in existence but that they're circulating among my mom's large extended family. I cannot even begin to tell you guys...

by Anonymousreply 21010/06/2012

Excellent stories here. Talent Day. Music class, 1960's 6th grade. Lyp-synched Eliza's "Just You Wait!" from "My Fair Lady." Music teacher tried to keep from giggling out loud. I had a ball!

by Anonymousreply 21110/06/2012

Seeing this article on the 30th anniversary of "Annie" made me remember how I wanted to see the movie so badly when it came out, and then ran out to buy the LP and memorize all the songs.

My father must have been [italic]cringing[/italic] at the time.

by Anonymousreply 21210/06/2012

r210, we always knew anyway.

by Anonymousreply 21310/06/2012

My Mom caught me and the red-headed Catholic boy next door playing show and tell when I was 4! And I still have a thing for gingers!

by Anonymousreply 21410/06/2012

Oh no, woe is me....

If only they were the gays.

All my chi'in have heads like potatoes.

How did I give birth to, not one, not two but THREE potato heads?

by Anonymousreply 21510/06/2012

I went as Zuul from "Ghostbusters" to my fifth grade Halloween party. I went up to all of the boys, rolled my eyes into my head, and growled "Take me, sub-creature!"

by Anonymousreply 21610/06/2012

reply 56

Underwear ads. Marky-Mark's Calvin Klein ads making me hard when I was 11.

Eric Nies body on the first season of "The Real World"

While my dad would ogle at the tall model Zelma in the video for C+C Music Factory's "Everybody Dance Now," I would secretly ogle the chiseled body of Freedom Williams.

Freedom Williams is the reason I still love black men today.

This was all me, in my early 20's. Good to know everyone on here isn't writing from the LGBT home for the aging and fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 21710/06/2012

I was five or six when I found one of my father's books about WW1 I think. One of the photos showed a line of soldiers waiting in a line - naked. All dangly bits and pubic hair (new concept to me) on full display. I stared and stared and stared at that picture every chance I got.

When I was in second grade my mom got called to school because instead of asking to use the boys' room I'd tell the teacher I needed to visit the powder room. Teacher thought my mother was telling me to say that - but no - it was all me.

by Anonymousreply 21910/06/2012

OMG, r125. I have over 100 pieces of Pink Mayfair depression glass. My Grandmother gave a set (place setting for 12) to my Father. It's from the 1920's. My Dad and Grandma lived in Michigan. I think it is from the Fosteria glass company who at the time was in Ohio.

by Anonymousreply 22010/06/2012

Don't worry R210, we've all see the picture of you sucking Grandpa Hank's cock.

by Anonymousreply 22110/07/2012

When I turned twelve, instead of a birthday cake I asked for a baked alaska.

by Anonymousreply 22210/07/2012

Male here. I was obsessed with Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman, and never missed an episode. To this day, I still know all the lyrics to the theme song.

by Anonymousreply 22310/07/2012

r223, Most lesbos agree

by Anonymousreply 22410/07/2012

[quote]When I was in second grade my mom got called to school because instead of asking to use the boys' room I'd tell the teacher I needed to visit the powder room. Teacher thought my mother was telling me to say that - but no - it was all me.

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 22510/07/2012

I was obsessed with the Aussie teen soap Paradise Beach when I was little that aired in the States at 12:30am on Fox. Became a night owl (still am) from all those late nights sneeking downstairs to watch that. Would watch it with the volume down low so as not to wake the parents. It was Ingo Rademacher's first acting gig and featured him promentatly in a speedo or less in every episode. It was odd that Fox chose to air Paradise Beach right after the Rush Limbaugh program. You couldn't have two more diametrically opposite shows aimed at completely different audiences. A few years later another late night gem came on the scene, USA Network's Strip Poker. Both were guilty pleasures of mine. Why was all the good stuff on at 1am? Does anyone know if either of those shows was ever released on dvd? Would love to own those. I was pleasantly surprised to find that another favorite, MTV's Undressed was finally released online years after its original run. The link is below.

by Anonymousreply 22610/07/2012

[quote]no wonder i cant be attracted to any of them.

Oh, bro-THER!

by Anonymousreply 22710/07/2012

Fantastic blog where gay people submit childhood photos (many of them hilarious) along with their growing up stories...

by Anonymousreply 22810/08/2012

This happened before I knew I was gay...

In1969 I was 8 and was reading TVGuide and was impressed The Oscars got a whole page. Didn't understand what the awards were about so I thought it was like a beauty contest so wanted Vaness Redgrave to win. When I was watching the show Vanessa was wearing goofy glasses so changed my mind to Barbra. As you know she won when Funny Girl finally came to my area I cried until a friend of the family took me. I have been in love ever since...

Just once can you jerks NOT say Mary!

by Anonymousreply 22910/08/2012

[quote]I watched the 1976 Montreal Olympics when I was 8 years old, then took to doing my own gymnastics floor exercises like Nadia, pirouetting across the living room floor.

I developed a passing Nadia obsession too. I wanted to become flexible enough to grab one of my legs and pull it back far enough to touch the back of my head with my toes.

I also made my mom buy me this limited-edition Burger King Olympics poster by LeRoy Neiman (ack!) showing gold medalist/future shoplifter Olga Korbut on the uneven bars. (I could kick myself for not saving it, because these posters are collectors' items now.)

by Anonymousreply 23010/08/2012

^ "uneven bars" = "balance beam"

by Anonymousreply 23110/08/2012

I was with my family at some festival one summer. A cover band played "New York State of Mind." At the end, my dad turned to me and said "Man, I love that song."

Me: "Oh dad, so do I! I really love the WHOLE Superman album!"

My remark was, as they say, coolly received.

by Anonymousreply 23210/08/2012

222: I wanted a tiered birthday cake. With columns.

by Anonymousreply 23310/09/2012

[quote] I wanted to become flexible enough to grab one of my legs and pull it back far enough to touch the back of my head with my toes.

In the figure skating world that is called a "Biellmann" after Swiss skater Denise Biellmann. And yes, I was obsessed with figure skating.

by Anonymousreply 23410/09/2012

Back in 1974 when I was 10 I got to visit relatives in Texas for the summer, and the only book I brought with me was Joan Rivers' "Having a Baby Can Be a Scream." How could they have possibly been surprised?

by Anonymousreply 23510/09/2012

I recognized I was gay when I was 4 yrs old. My babysitter hired an aid at the time. I was standing in the livingroom, and she walked by side profile, and literally my jaw dropped.

by Anonymousreply 23611/17/2012

When I was around nine or ten, I came home from school very upset because a fellow student had shouted out in front of a group that I was exactly like Peppermint Patty from Peanuts. Of course I wanted to be seen as feminine and fit in, so this bothered me a great deal.

When I got home, the first thing I did was tell my mother about the incident, and she exploded into peals of laughter. I knew right then that everyone else could see what I was trying so hard to hide. My mother's acceptance and zeal in my tomboyishness made me accept myself right then and there.

Ever after, my mom would say "Hey Chuck," whenever I did something particularly butch. She often called me "sir." I have to admit, I liked it, and still get a thrill when someone jokingly calls me "sir."

by Anonymousreply 23711/17/2012

Does liking boys count as indication?

by Anonymousreply 23811/17/2012

I knew every word to The Wizard of Oz by the time I was five. I would often stage elaborate reenactments in our living room. Naturally, I was always Dorothy.

When I was around four years old, my mother tried to buy me this awful pair of shoes and I threw a fit. I wouldn't be caught dead in those things. She bought them anyway and as we drove home, me in the back in a car seat, I rolled down the window and threw them out on the interstate.

by Anonymousreply 23911/17/2012

2, actually. My sister had one of those fan mags that were so popular in the 60's *(yes, I'm THAT old) and I stole the glossy 8x10 of Michael Landon as Li'l Joe Cartwright; then like the originator of this thread, my 8th grade American History project was a history of the movies with emphasis on the history of the Oscars. I mean, My Dear!

by Anonymousreply 24011/17/2012

being one of those junior high wrestlers who always got a boner during a match.

by Anonymousreply 24111/17/2012

In seventh grade I started to write a script for "The Wild Wild West" that included numerous shirtless scenes for Robert Conrad.

In high school, I could do all of the Supremes' hand moves to "Stop! In the Name of Love."

by Anonymousreply 24211/17/2012

When I was 10, I instantly got an erection in the showers at Boy Scout camp. I didn't realize what it meant; it was automatic and no sexual thoughts were involved. It was terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 24311/17/2012

Does my five-year-old self get double MARY points for not only loving to try on my mom's high heels, but for specifically loving it because I could pretend to be Judy Garland clicking my heels together three times?

by Anonymousreply 24411/17/2012

My dad friggin hated me.

by Anonymousreply 24511/17/2012

I went through a phase where I would artfully lay out books and magazines on our coffee table (which was usually empty) because that's what they did on "The Golden Girls". My parents would put them away, and then I'd put them out again. I didn't actually put out any books or magazines that I wanted to read - they weren't there for family use, they were supposed to impress visitors who would think we were classy like the Golden Girls.

by Anonymousreply 24611/17/2012

In biology we touched on sea life. I licked away at the starfish, even though it was dead.

by Anonymousreply 24811/17/2012

I was 7 years old when I first saw Olivia Newton-John's "Physical" video. That was it for me.

by Anonymousreply 24911/17/2012

This was my pose for my first communion photo. Suit and tie, no kimono.

by Anonymousreply 25011/17/2012

I was five years old in 1960 and I wanted Kennedy to win the presidential election because he was much better looking than Nixon.

by Anonymousreply 25111/17/2012

My younger brother's entry to this could be amusing. He was obsessed with Zac Efron as a kid, especially due to Hairspray. Then he moved on to Adam Lambert and Taylor Lautner. (Granted, as of recently he says he's straight.)

I dressed like such a lesbian stereotype without realizing it.

by Anonymousreply 25211/17/2012

When I was 11, I had subscriptions to both Gourmet AND Bon Appetit! My favorite shows were Dynasty, Dallas, and The Love Boat. I went trick or treating as a woman that Halloween. We didn't own a VCR yet, so that Christmas I made sure I was camped in front of the TV like an hour before the annual network broadcast of The Sound of Music. Miny Mary like a mofo!

by Anonymousreply 25311/17/2012

r241, so happy to finally read a masculine gay man's account

by Anonymousreply 25411/17/2012

Anyone who doesn't believe that stereotypes are legitimate needs to read this thread.

by Anonymousreply 25511/17/2012

R255, SADLY the DL promotes flaming crap

by Anonymousreply 25711/17/2012

The funniest part of reading this thread is realizing that I won't know what to do if any of my future kids don't do stuff like this. I'll be totally confused if I have a son who wants a Sports Illustrated subscription and a girl who asks for a Barbie.

And, as for me, my greatest indicator was not just liking Grease, but thinking Grease 2 was a superior film.

by Anonymousreply 25811/17/2012

Greese 2's Michelle Pheiffer was beyond hot!!!

by Anonymousreply 25911/17/2012

I hated Grease 2, but never failed to watch when it came on television for Maxwell Caulfield. He was the sex.

by Anonymousreply 26011/17/2012

I LOVED being a feminine girl bonding with other feminine girls in the showers

by Anonymousreply 26111/17/2012

r245, so sorry. Your dad was fucked

by Anonymousreply 26211/17/2012

At my friends house I always wanted to play pretty pretty princess. Well not really, I just used to open the box and put on all the jewelry. I loved the purple clip-on earrings, oh and the crown. I used to put it on snickering like Ursula. "At last! It's mine!"

by Anonymousreply 26311/17/2012

A female here. I was always very androgynous in my interests and hobbies as a kid. Still am now. I played with Hot Wheels, had a self-operating locomotive set that emitted smoke, and liked to hang upside-down from the bars of the bunk-bed I shared with my oldest sister. I would scale walls if that makes any sense. I would literally climb the wall with my hands and feet. Yet, I also liked playing with dolls (even did the whole same-sex romp thing mentioned in some of the posts here) and dressing up in both my mom's and dad's coats and shoes. And I never hesitated in running from bees. I still do now. Yes, even in my early 20s. I am not ashamed.

I experienced my first genuine attraction to a woman when I was around 4. A family relative by way of marriage. Then in second grade, my teacher's aide. I still prefer older women to this day.

by Anonymousreply 26411/17/2012

Oh and the fact that I wrote a love song as a mere first grader to a girl in eighth grade.

by Anonymousreply 26511/17/2012

This entire thread reminds me of Homocil...

by Anonymousreply 26611/17/2012

As a kid, I never missed an episode of "Girl Talk", and wished I could be as glib as Virginia Graham.

by Anonymousreply 26711/17/2012

R266 LOLL

by Anonymousreply 26811/17/2012

Daddy raped my ass....And...And...And I LIKED it.

by Anonymousreply 26911/18/2012

I was obsessed with Nancy Drew even though young boys my age were supposed to read the Hardy Boys books or comic books.

by Anonymousreply 27011/18/2012

When I was 10 I sketched a pixie haircut for my sister and she took the picture to the beauty salon and they did it! Girl looks damned good too!

When I was 11, my mom walked in on me trying her makeup on in the bathroom mirror. She laughed. The second time she caught me I was taken to a child psychologist.

It didn't work.

PS - I wasn't a jock but I didn't take any crap from anybody. Bullies left me alone after I took one of them on in the ball field and pinned him to the ground in less than 30 seconds. I remember thinking "I've got to punch him in the face" but I just couldn't do it. Didn't matter. Everyone left me alone after that.

by Anonymousreply 27111/18/2012

My mother never left the house without asking me how she looked and I *always* told her to take off at least one accessory.

by Anonymousreply 27211/18/2012

I love you, R246.

by Anonymousreply 27311/18/2012

Bump

by Anonymousreply 27412/26/2012

When I was in the 5th grade, my parents took me to Amsterdam, where I bought a pair of wooden shoes. They were unfinished wood, so when I got them home, I used my scented markers to put colorful tulips on them.

And then I wore them to school. It did not go well.

by Anonymousreply 27501/19/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 27602/17/2013

When I begged my mother to let me stay up past my bedtime to watch Stella Dallas.

by Anonymousreply 27702/17/2013

I forgot to add that I was seven...

by Anonymousreply 27802/17/2013

Loved watching "the Big Valley" - a bit of a double whammy. I loved Barbara Stanwyck, knew all her films ( as much as a 12 y.o. Could in the days before home videos), BUT, I had a secret, naughty fantasy about Peter Breck. I was sorta ashamed/thrilled looking at his big macho hands and black leather gloves. That sure started off something many years ago!

by Anonymousreply 27902/17/2013

I made a Wonder Woman tiara (complete with bullet-proof bracelets) out of tinfoil, and took a length of clothesline and colored it with a yellow magic marker to make a golden lasso. I loved playing Wonder Woman! The best part was that she had an invisible plane, so I made pretend I was sitting in an invisible cockpit as I zoomed around our yard!

We would re-enact Airport '77 and I'd play a stewardess!

We'd play 'Mod Squad' and I'd want to be Julie! (but was usually made to be Linc or Mike)

I played "show me yours and I'll show you mine" with as many boys as I could get away with!

The annual viewing of 'The Wizard of Oz' was a sacred event.

I put two grapefruits in my t-shirt and pretended to be Mae West using her sultry voice!

This is sounds like I grew up to be a drag-queen, but I really didn't.

by Anonymousreply 28002/17/2013

Yeah, I did stuffed things up my shirt as well, playing like I was Dolly Parton. A neighbor kid and I also played doctor.

by Anonymousreply 28102/17/2013

I was the stereotypical dress-hating tomboy all the way. My parents bought me Barbies and Cabbage Patch Kids, but I thought they were pointless and boring, instead preferring action figures like G.I. Joe. I built forts and climbed trees. Sports -- including softball, at which I excelled -- were a huge part of my life.

by Anonymousreply 28202/17/2013

I was crushed when we took a field trip to see Anything Goes and Patti Lupone had been replaced by the time we got there.....with Leslie Uggums!!!

by Anonymousreply 28302/17/2013

Dressed up as a member of Boyz II Men for Halloween when I was seven. Complete with unbuttoned shirt and gold chain.

Seeing as I am female the costume only lasted about ten minutes before my mother found me walking around outside and demanded I get back in the house.

by Anonymousreply 28402/17/2013

More examples from straight acting gays and lesbians please

by Anonymousreply 28502/17/2013

In the sixth grade a friend and myself were wrestling, he laid on top of me with his hard dick and I said "that feels good".

by Anonymousreply 28602/17/2013

Straight girl here who has gotten quite a kick out of this thread. I'm pretty sure what im about to reveal here makes me an honorary gay man.... Okay it doesn't really but it's still pretty funny and I want to be included.

When I was about 4, I wanted something for Christmas called a star stage which was basically a working mic and mic stand. When Dolly videos would come on CMT I would drag it into the living room and pretend to be her, earning myself the nickname Lil' Dolly. She's still my idol to this day.

When I was 6 or 7, I stole a black, silky, lacy nightgown of my moms and wore it around the house for weeks because it was my "Fancy" dress like Reba. Eventually mom stole it back and hid it, but I found it again. The next time she stole it back she threw it in the trash and broke my heart.

by Anonymousreply 28702/18/2013

I loved playing barbies and dolls as a kid, but also loved star wars toys

by Anonymousreply 28802/18/2013

In the early sixties,Kleenex made a box of alternating pastels . Yellow,pink, green and

blue. I was six or seven and I would create layered crinoline ball gowns ( The New Look), for my G.I. JOES. I had them (4) in the front and back seat of their Jeep. Instead of going off to war,I imagined them going to fancy party's !

My father played semi-pro hockey and baseball. As you might imagine he thought it was GREAT,that I was expressing myself in such an artistic and creative way!

by Anonymousreply 28902/18/2013

When I was 14 my dad would take us to the public library and I'd thumb through back issues of Vogue while he and my sister looked for books.

by Anonymousreply 29002/18/2013

With all the posts about The Sound of Music (yes, it was a special time for gay catholic boys), I can hardly believe that no one has mentioned the divinely elegant, flawlessly coiffed Baroness Schrader, whom at first sight became my 10 year old self's vision of THE perfect lady. Surely, I'd be perfect as her personal assistant, advising her on wardrobe and other appearance choices. She would trust me completely and naturally, her couturier, hair and makeup people would all go through me. To this day, I think the image of the baroness, at the ball, in that gold lame gown with the shoulder pouff, is one of the most gorgeous ever caught on film. After seeing the movie, I tried to re-create the look with a cream colored bed sheet, safety pins and twist ties(for the pouff) but it just would never drape right.

by Anonymousreply 29102/18/2013

Good news, r291 - for only $21.99, you can buy the pattern and finally make all your Baroness dreams come true!

by Anonymousreply 29202/18/2013

Even before the shoes, R275, it was the scented markers.

by Anonymousreply 29302/18/2013

R289 wins. The rest of us can go home.

by Anonymousreply 29402/18/2013

Very similar to yours, OP, my 8th grade history project was "A History of the Oscars" and then there was my secret stash of Michael Landon pictures that I stole from my older sister's "teen" mags.

by Anonymousreply 29502/18/2013

At boy scout camp, I decorated my tent with bouquets of wildflowers. One day, I came back and they were all gone. None of the grownups really spoke to me after that or involved me in activities if they could avoid it.

by Anonymousreply 29602/18/2013

Definitely the Sears catalog. I would pretend I was looking at the toy section, but when no one was around I went straight to the men's underwear section.

by Anonymousreply 29702/18/2013

I once defiantly told a new classmate that, "I call myself Phoebe."

by Anonymousreply 29802/18/2013

My slightly older cousin's cock in my hand during a sleepover.

by Anonymousreply 29902/18/2013

I made a FAB! crème brûlée like the kid in the Homocil commercial.

No one said a word if they wanted to eat!

by Anonymousreply 30002/18/2013

I insisted that my imaginary friend Bill sit in the front seat of my little car with a blue peg when I played the game of Life, and declared we adopted our children when my cousins would start screaming at me "FOR NOT PLAYING LIFE THE WAY IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYED."

This was in the 1960s.

by Anonymousreply 30102/18/2013

so many flamers here

by Anonymousreply 30202/18/2013

When I was seven, I used to watch To Tell The Truth just to see what dress Kitty Carlisle would be wearing.

by Anonymousreply 30302/18/2013

[quote]so many flamers here

And, you're probably the biggest one here....Eh, hehehe!

by Anonymousreply 30402/18/2013

R206, I used to do that too, only if a Supremes song came on the radio I would run into the middle of the living room and do a hip roll in time to the music and lip synch, especially to "Baby Love". I also would willingly help my mother in the kitchen getting meals, I especially liked making dessert--all this at age 9 or 10. I think she was glad for the help but was a little bemused at the same time. I liked wearing my older sister's dresses when I was about 3 or so, my older brother tried teaching me football and baseball to no avail; I came to dislike almost all sports but liked imagining myself in a glitzy shimmering gown by wrapping a blanket around myself tightly so that I could barely walk like Carol Channing or Marilyn Monroe or something. I would grab the dust mop and pretend it was a microphone and I was (usually) a female performer. I liked the asses of men old enough to be my father and wanted to spank them, especially the cowboys on the many westerns that were on in the sixties. I think these might be ample indication that a budding fag was on the loose.

by Anonymousreply 30502/18/2013

What I find amusing is how upset some people on here have gotten about the activities of children from twenty, thirty, forty, or fifty years ago.

It's not like our little ten-year-old selves had a meet-up in 1968 where we collectively decided that Bobby Sherman was cute and Robert Conrad had a fantastic ass.

Quite the opposite really. The interesting aspect is many young kids had such similar inclinations. And most of us were without the benefit of the cultural touchstones or references that are more prevalent today.

by Anonymousreply 30602/18/2013

For years, we had a sheet that my mother had dyed black for a haloween costume, and was used by someone in the family nearly every year. I would sneak that sheet out of the Halloween bin when nobody was around and style myself stunning evening gowns, often with flowing trains. Even at 10, I appreciated the simple elegance of basic black. Years later, when I got my own place, I stole it and made a nun's habit out of it

by Anonymousreply 30702/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 30803/02/2013

My dreams about men gave me erections.

My love of musical theatre meant I loved musical theatre.

by Anonymousreply 30903/02/2013

Like r297 and several others--secretly peeking at the men's underwear section of the Sears catalog. In fact, my first j/o was to the Sears ( or maybe it was JC Penney) catalog. There were some SERIOUS bulges in those white briefs back in the day!

I wold also have my GI Joe and Johnny West dolls get down and dirty with each other. Johnny was usually the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 31003/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 31105/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.