Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sahara Davenport has died

Sahara was in season 2 of Rupaul's Drag Race, and was also the partner of Manila Luzon who was in season 3 of RPDR.

Waiting for more details, but all the queens on Twitter are talking about it and Wikipedia has been updated.

by Anonymousreply 2510/25/2012

She's off to the great Interior Illusions Lounge in the sky. Sympathies to her family and to Manila Luzon.

by Anonymousreply 110/02/2012

Still no details about what happened, but here are some Tweets from other RPDR contestants...

by Anonymousreply 210/02/2012

Oh man, that is such a drag.

by Anonymousreply 310/02/2012

Oh, man...that's so sad.

I'm currently watching Season 2 of RuPaul's Drag Race and I thought she was gorgeous.

RIP, Ms. Sahara

by Anonymousreply 410/02/2012

If she was ill, that would explain why she didn't do the All-Star season that starts airing at the end of the month. Manila's on it.

by Anonymousreply 510/02/2012

I heard that it was a car accident, but if that's true, I don't understand why that wouldn't be widely reported.

by Anonymousreply 610/02/2012

Was she the one who looked like Sheree from RHOA and always reverted to pointe dancing when she was lip-synching for her life?

by Anonymousreply 710/02/2012

That's her/him, R7. Good description.

So is there any more known about this story? When I looked online for news, there was one story about it being a hoax involving a lot of hacked twitter accounts, but that doesn't make much sense.

But by now wouldn't someone connected to the story have said something definitive so fans of Sahara know what's up?

by Anonymousreply 810/02/2012

Not a word yet that I've seen R8. There are a couple threads running about Sahara right now. On the other one, someone suggested a cause that family and friends often don't want to talk about (with the 'author' of " isn't painless...")

Who knows. If the family and friends don't want to reveal anything, that's their right.

by Anonymousreply 910/02/2012

I doubt it's a hoax. Rupaul is on twitter about every day, and he would've denied it by now if it was a hoax.

by Anonymousreply 1010/02/2012

Girl what was on her iPod?

It's Raining Death?

by Anonymousreply 1110/02/2012

Well that's more baggage that we don't need.

by Anonymousreply 1210/02/2012

Maybe she did herself in because they fired her from the new season of Real Housewives of Atlanta. Now we'll never know if she ever got that damn house built.

by Anonymousreply 1310/03/2012

Raw Hollywood stated that he died from heart failure

by Anonymousreply 1410/03/2012

Raw Hollywood isn't giving out any news then, R14. Technically, all people die from heart failure. It's when the heart stops beating that a person is considered dead. What's of interest is what caused the heart to stop functioning.

Many things can cause the heart to stop working resulting in heart failure. A drug overdose is only one of many possibilities.

by Anonymousreply 1510/03/2012

RIP, very sad :(

I got a lot of laughs out of this pic

by Anonymousreply 1610/03/2012

Sahara was a sweet person, by all accounts. She was funny on Drag Race and witty but never seemed cruel. And the way she talked about how she was rejected by her family, and her drag mother became her family, was really sad.

She didn't seem to have the fire and confidence that the others had.

by Anonymousreply 1710/03/2012

She's not the one who swiffered the runway with her taint, was she?

by Anonymousreply 1810/03/2012

I didn't know Antoine was on One Life to Live.

by Anonymousreply 1910/03/2012

TV Guide mistakenly used a picture of Sheree for an article about Sahara`s death. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 2010/04/2012

RuPaul is scheduled to be on Watch What Happens Live tonight. I hope they ask him about Sahara Davenport.

by Anonymousreply 2110/08/2012

I'll watch if I'm still up, the repeat won't be on for over 2 hrs, 1:30am here. I always forget about that Andy Cohen show even though they often have guests I'd like to see. I hated missing Ru's last appearance. Ru must be plugging Drag Race All-Stars, which must be about to premiere.

by Anonymousreply 2210/09/2012

RuPaul was on WWHL tonight - with Vanessa (L) Williams.

Andy read a question from a viewer that asked RuPaul to reflect on the passing of Sahara (not if he knows any details of what happened).

RuPaul only said her passing was horrible and a shock, but that her legacy will live on forever. So unfortunately he said nothing new or informative.

by Anonymousreply 2310/09/2012

[quote]She's not the one who swiffered the runway with her taint, was she?

That was Milan from last season.

by Anonymousreply 2410/09/2012

Was nice that they posted a dedication to Sahara at the end of the premier episode of All-Stars this week.

And there was one point during the episode where Manila mentioned how his boyfriend was back home, or something like that. Was a little bittersweet to hear knowing what we do now.

by Anonymousreply 2510/25/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!