Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Homeland returns!

Lots of love from the Emmys but nada from Datalounge?

Last night's episode was top notch. Absolutely no reduction in action, suspense or acting. Everyone is still bringing it and the excitement level from last season has been brought over to the new season.

Am I the only one that watched?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 36401/14/2015

unfortunately I had to end my premium channel subscription and Megaupload is gone so I will have to wait for DVD, OP.

But I love this show, if I had the money I would be watching with you.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 110/01/2012

Try this site, R1. It's not a torrent site, so no guilt about stealing; somebody stole it for you!

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 210/01/2012

It's a bit of a stretch that Brody is moving up in the government so fast. What is he, a congressman or something now, and suddenly he's being groomed for Vice President?

I liked the scene with his wife in the garage, when she was looking for the Koran. Very tense and well acted. Not sure what to make of his daughter being so accepting.

Lastly, I will have to warm up to Claire Danes. Her character is so intense it's tiring.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 310/02/2012

Are you guys getting excited? I'm re-watching season 2 right now on-demand.

can't wait to see what unfolds.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 409/22/2013

Anyone watching tonight? So far, so good.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 509/30/2013

The Simpsons didn't an homage which was simply awful.

Do those people not have enough money? Hang it up already, Matt G.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 609/30/2013

Dana slit her wrists.....

Unfortunately, she survived.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 709/30/2013

she has a bigger role this season apparently...i watched it and liked it.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 809/30/2013

Wow. I love this show and even I had no idea that it returned last night. It had almost zero press coverage from what I saw. Talk about it being overshadowed by Breaking Bad.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 909/30/2013

You are not alone OP! I recorded it and need to come down from Breaking Bad before I watch it later tonight.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 1009/30/2013

I love, love, love, you, R2! Thanks for the great link. Keep 'em coming. I cannot afford Showtime and am addicted to this show. You are a kind and benevolent creature.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 1109/30/2013

I watched all of S1 and a couple episodes of S2 but I think the show sucks. Just a ridiculously outlandish premise, painful overacting from Claire Danes and not a single likeable character.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 1209/30/2013

Here's a streaming site. You don't have to download anything. Ignore the things that say download

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 1309/30/2013

Thought it was great tonight - from the opening scene of Rupert Friend shirtless building a bomb to the last scene with Mandy (who is actually good in this!) throw her under the bus.

Did miss Brody though...know he is not on until episode 3.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 1409/30/2013

You too, R13. Signed, R11.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 1509/30/2013

I thought the season opener was really good. Saul still strikes me as suspicious. I am not convinced he isn't working for the enemy.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 1609/30/2013

What did we think of Rupert Friend's tits?

Carrie is off her meds!!!

Is that the same boy as Brody's son?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 1709/30/2013

Intersting to see Tracy Letts and Amy Morton from the recent Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? revival on Homeland.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 1810/01/2013

Is there anybody likeable in this show? They're all awful characters.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 2010/01/2013

Carrie is getting a little too crazy fir me.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 2110/01/2013

Ugh agree!! Hate Dana. where's Abu Nazir when you really need him ?I think her bf from the residential treatment center is Zack from Dexter.

Too bad she didn't succeed in her suicide attempt although grandmas not buying it.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 2210/01/2013

Is the actor that plays Dana's boyfriend Lourdes Ciccone's boyfriend? I thought I read that somewhere.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 2410/01/2013

R17 Thank you for mentioning the nipples. They were so fine .. almost made up for that awful Dana photographing hers (ugh).

I like the way his mind works. He has a moment of conscience, then goes ahead and kills everybody. Probably took the child somewhere else and buried him so as not to spoil the score.

And please producers (so many!) and directors, did you really have to obscure the sole brief ass shot? Rupert could account for as much as 20-39 per cent of your ratings.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 2510/02/2013

No, r24. The guy Lourdes is dating played the Vice President's son. The new boyfriend played Zack on season 8 of Dexter.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 2610/03/2013

How can they out her at hearing that she slept with broady? How can she be a CIA agent again?

can't wait for the new episode tonight~

Broadwalk Empire is sooooo BORING this season.

masters of sex is boring too.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 2710/06/2013

Finally got to watch the first episode. Not sure what Saul is up to, but as an officer in the field which he is, he would not be testifying in open hearing. And Carrie is really coming off the rails. That sex in the hallway. She's lucky she didn't get knifed. But she is obviously being set up.

I can't remember, but was it F. Murray Abraham's character last season who ordered Saul not to be allowed to work? Maybe he's trying to save his own ass.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 2810/06/2013

Just what we needed: MORE DANA!!

She even had a love scene...

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 2910/07/2013

Evidently the producers (Claire produced tonight) are tapping into the female angst demographic. Not wise. That gets old, whereas shit blowing up and sweaty shirtless men never does.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 3010/07/2013

I like the first two episodes but am not awed by them in anyway, which doesn't mean the season won't get where it needs to go. It may. The first two episodes have two disadvantages, no Brodie yet, and seeing Danes play Carrie off her meds, as the script yet AGAIN demands of her, is to induce an inevitable been there done that inertia in the audience. I'm not sure if Danes could do anything different or better than she is here, but by now we know exactly what to expect from Carrie's manic phases and it's simply a bore to watch her repeat them.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 3210/07/2013

The tongue thing is a side effect of anti-psychotic meds, not from bipolar meds. If she was slurring her words on lithium, that means she's overdosed.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 3310/07/2013

Doesn't Carrie own more than one outfit?

And can the daughter please commit suicide for real? Have an episode where there's a funeral for her and everyone feels sad, then move on. They can do a retrospective montage of the daughter from old episodes looking surly and greasy, greasy and surly, angry at mom, angry at dad, angry at grandma, angry at herself in a mirror. Pouty, eyebrows up. Pouty, eyebrows down. Fade out to a flannel shirt.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 3410/07/2013

I'm not enjoying Carrie off her meds. She started off as a somewhat intelligent CIA agent. She's becoming too stupid and damaged.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 3510/07/2013

Jesus! When did HOMELAND become THE DANA SHOW?!

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 3610/07/2013

LOL R34! And I agree!

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 3710/07/2013

Agreed, R35. I've only seen the first episode, but like her taking risky smart decisions, not crazy ones that land her in the mental ward.

I don't mind Dana. She's supposed to be annoying. The actress and the writers are doing a good job. I find her mother more annoying and, in the first episode, I wanted to strangle grandma. A season of her and I'll be ready to call it quits.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 3810/07/2013

dana's mom has a scar on the bottom of her chin, i noticed it last night during the scene whereby dana tells her that she wants to live for some cock.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 3910/07/2013

Another thank you to the posters upthread who provided the links.

I think Quinn and Carrie are going to get together. I used to think Quinn was the enemy but now I'm starting to believe it's Saul who is working for Nazir (sp).

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 4010/07/2013

I cannot abide Dana; I find her to be a downer bitch. I went to The AV Club to read a recap and was totally surprised to see that the majority of commenters seem to like Dana.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 4110/08/2013

Dana is a total bore. If she continues to be one of the major story lines, I don't think I can watch the show any more.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 4210/08/2013

This show has so many problems, making it nearly unwatchable about half the time. It's not a great, or even good show. It did not deserve its Emmy last year, which should have gone to Breaking Bad or Mad Men. It won't win another one.

That being said, I keep coming back to it because of moments like the last sixty seconds when Saul apologizes to Carrie and she tells him to fuck off. Pitch perfect. Beautifully acted.

Otherwise, I fast forward through 60% of this show. Anything to do with hospitalization of Carrie's illness is tone deaf and a bore, and Dana is repulsive. They're making a big mistake by not having Brady in the first two episodes, such a big build up will inevitably be disappointed. His character is generally a mistake and probably the show's biggest failure and flaw. He's not an antihero like Walter White, and almost no one sympathizes with him.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 4310/08/2013

Thanks autocorrect. I meant Brodie, not Brady.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 4410/08/2013

Why is there no Season 3 thread?

Dana is being bashed all over the place. HuffPost even has an article on it. Sorry, the girl is homely and check out her feets! They're like little canoes. Such an odd character/actress choice.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 4710/08/2013

Not according to this.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 4810/08/2013

They totally did the daughter wrong in the SNL Homeland sketch. They had her as a nervous, sort of girly type when she's really a sullen, almost-butch. And truth be told, she should be sleeping with a girl from the nuthouse, not a guy.

And look how huge these psych places are. The psych ward Carrie is on, within a hospital, is quite huge. I assume Dana and Co. were in some kind of separate private psych facility, and I wonder if such places still exist. And aren't they in DC? Where are all the black people?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 4910/08/2013

The last episode was a mess. Like someone else posted I will top watching Homeland if they keep this Dana crap going. Enough already. Stop it, the storyline is boring, stupid and annoying. I have no idea why the writers are building her story up. This last episode was so out of control all of the actors looked embarrassed by the lines they were delivering.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 5010/08/2013

Claire Danes' frantic, manic Carrie scenes exhaust me. I feel like I've run around the block after watching her twitch and chew scenery. I hope putting her on meds cuts down on her bug-eyed scenes.

I REALLY hope there's not a Quinn/Carrie relationship in the future. That'd just be nasty.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 5110/08/2013

I suspect more Dana angst in our face, in future eps, You know there'll be a time when Brody breaks down and finally contacts his family and send her to the razors again.

And why's she so frigging bummed out and suicidal? The mother and brother seem to be handling things but this chick is spazzing out. Has anyone seen the Israeli version; is there an annoying daughter in that?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 5210/08/2013

R52, I think the Israeli version only lasted 1 season.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 5310/08/2013

I watched several season-one episodes and didn't make a point of keeping up. No regrets. I'm tired of propping up this shit of terrorism and the U.S. military.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 5410/08/2013

Unfortunately, I have to agree with all the complaints regarding Dana and Carrie. It does not make any sense that Carrie can still be a player in that world. She would have been killed already. There is no way that she can be a brilliant agent from now on. It is over for me.

And Dana....talk about boring. I have never seen a show deflating so fast. I give it two more episodes and that is it.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 5510/08/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 5610/08/2013

Danes is good playing a hot psychotic mess, but, I really can't stand it anymore. They are following all the wrong story lines so far. I will kill myself if it doesn't get better.

However, if I can see Rupert Friend's snooth naked butt again, all will be forgiven. I would lick that man from head to toe. He is scrumptious.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 5710/08/2013

yes, I love quinn too. Claire has mommy boobs this season. she looks good. Don't really like Dana's character either.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 5810/08/2013

R58- Those mommy boobs are all gone now.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 5910/08/2013

Enough already with manically grimacing Carrie and Doomsday Dana.

And I'm sorry, but Hot Mom is way too hot to be 1.) married to a Marine and 2.) the mother f two teenagers. And her nose job really bugs me. It's just too perfect.

This show really makes me miss Breaking Bad. I think I'm done with it.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 6010/08/2013

R60 - I can see Morena married to a marine. She's too young to be Dana's mother unless they had Dana right out of high school.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 6110/08/2013

I think Dana's boyfriend is a terrorist; otherwise, they wouldn't be spending so much time on him.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 6210/08/2013

I just noticed the profile on Morena's overly sculpted nose. Jesus what a hack job on an otherwise gorgeous woman. It looks like anime.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 6310/09/2013

I don't think Morena had that nose in Firefly.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 6410/09/2013

Wow. I haven't seen this week's show yet but the fact that nothing has been posted here makes me think I shouldn't waste my time.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 6510/14/2013

I'm starting to wonder whether Season 1 was a fluke.

The only positive to take out of the last episode was that it's Dana-free.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 6610/14/2013

All the people who hate Dana are mysoginistic males, it seems. And don't "get" the show and don't want to. They want Brody dong and Quinn dong the entire hour and that's it. Sorry, not going to happen.

In the first place, anyone whose mental illness is exposed to the entire public in Congressional hearings would have a very hard time even being treated. Forget the fact that it would never happen in real life. And, remember, Carrie stopped taking her meds after the bombing, because she thought they zoned her out, so she missed crucial clues. So she's already blaming herself. And the CIA took her back after the initial breakdown at the end of season 1, because she had good intel. And, she turned on Brody in season 2 like Saul turned on her after the bombing. Then she helped Brody escape and now Saul is coming back to her, realizing what he's done. So it looks like these people will continue to be back and forth with each other, betraying and then supporting.

It was looking like all the woman were falling apart in this show and were becoming cannon fodder. But Dana, of all people, got her shit together. So what we appear to have here is betrayal followed by reconnection and the women are designated for a lot of the acting out and craziness. They are the first indicators that something really bad is about to happen. Dana is getting strong and getting her mother strong for the return of Brody. But he won't return until Carrie stops being a vegetable.

Meanwhile Quinn may be getting increased time this season because of the lack of Brody. He went from cold-blooded assassin, who was ready to kill a Congressman on command to someone who is now ready to call it quits because he killed a child while carrying out CIA business. I don't know if I see him having random sex with Carrie, but I do see them as friends and fellow plotters against the bad guys. Saul continues to go back and forth.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 6710/14/2013

I miss Damian Lewis' pretty shade of ginger. Grow back the hair!

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 6810/15/2013

R67 forgot to take her meds this morning.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 6910/15/2013

Finally a good episode! The whole abandoned skyscraper thing was really cool. Best part, no fucking Dana!!

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 7010/15/2013

Bump for Homeland. Apparently DL couldn't care less.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 7110/16/2013

Yeah, I think it kind of jumped the shark. I don't have that "oh, Homeland is on tonight!" thing like I did last season. Now it's like "oh, yeah there's another Homeland out there I can watch on demand sometime when i'm bored..." Whatever, right?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 7210/16/2013

The original Israeli version lasted two seasons and there is talk to have a third. I just recently watched it and the last episode did leave the door open to more. The Israeli and American version are completely different. You wouldn't recognize one show while watching the other. It is called Prisoners of War and you can get it on Piratebay.com

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 7310/16/2013

These first three episodes have been fucking terrible. This show is almost completely unwatchable now. Three episodes watching Danes in the hospital? Give me a break. One more episode and I'm done with this show.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 7410/16/2013

[quote]But Dana, of all people, got her shit together

All she needed was a male, right? Mom doesn't have her man, she's fallen apart. Carrie doesn't have her man, she's fallen apart. But wait.. Carrie might be getting a new man, so cue her getting better.

This show is kind of obvious. The females can't function without a man. Remember the first episode? Mom was in bed with dad's best friend. That's the only way she could get on with her life.

Why in the world would the tower people keep Brody alive? Carrie's not a functioning CIA agent, so she's not paying them. Where are they getting money to keep him alive? He's a pain in the ass, he's always trying to get away and shit. I'd turn him in for the $10 million.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 7510/16/2013

I liked the 3rd episode.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 7610/16/2013

R75, you may have a point, which is depressing. Dana really doesn't want to live and then she fucks the boyfriend and now she wants to live again. They need to get some women writers and a different show runner.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 7710/16/2013

A short documentary about the Tower of David, which is a real place. Though it makes no sense why gang members would hold onto a wanted man who is worth millions of dollars.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 7810/16/2013

I think Showtime has no choice but to renew the series for another year to save face over its collapse. There will be big chances in the writing staff and actors will leave the sinking ship. This series could now destroy careers. Danes has got to be furious, Mandy probably wants to bail. Who would have thought the show could go downhill so fast?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 7910/16/2013

[quote] This series could now destroy careers. Danes has got to be furious, Mandy probably wants to bail.

MARY!!

Yes, Claire Danes must be furious that she's winning all those awards and that her career is going down the shitter when she could be playing Jessica Biel's mother in some lame romcom.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 8010/16/2013

I'm enjoy Carrie's black roots.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 8110/16/2013

Do they read the reviews? They are horrible this season?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 8210/16/2013

This show was always overrated - a network-quality show pretending to be a top-shelf cable drama. Anybody still watching at this point must be a masochist.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 8310/16/2013

Do you think Carrie will get out of the nuthouse tonight?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 8410/20/2013

All this Danes playing Carrie off her meds nonsense is so old. The only reason they're doing it is so Danes can get her Emmy for playing crazy.

And the guy hiding Lewis is doing it because he knows Carrie? But he won't contact Carrie? And Carrie hasn't contacted him? WTF are the odds of that?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 8510/20/2013

The second episode was so depressing. I changed the channel before it ended. I hope tonight's is better. I am not loving Brody without his hair. He's ugly enough as it is without being bald too.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 8610/20/2013

[quote] And the guy hiding Lewis is doing it because he knows Carrie? But he won't contact Carrie? And Carrie hasn't contacted him? WTF are the odds of that?

Not to mention they can't be getting paid by Carrie, since she's out of commission with the CIA.

And WHAT is with the heroin bullshit?

"Here, have some heroin."

"No thanks."

"But I insist."

"Yeah well, ok. Since I'm stuck here, I might as well become a heroin addict instead of playing along and biding my time till I get a real chance to escape. Or....I could have just turned myself in and told people I didn't do the bombing. They'd have to prove I drove my SUV in front of CIA headquarters. Of course, they'd need video surveillance to see who drove my vehicle there and then got out of it and , like, I am so sure they don't have surveillance cameras all over Langley."

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 8710/20/2013

Every time I search for this thread, I'm told it doesn't exist.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 8910/21/2013

How far will Carrie go to stay out of the nuthouse?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 9010/21/2013

Oh good, more Dreary Dana. We all missed her monotone monologues, didn't we?

Where does anyone -- let alone a couple of teenagers -- find a place where they can just swap out their stolen cars for other cars in 21st century America?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 9110/21/2013

This season has started really slow. I hope it picks up some steam soon.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 9210/21/2013

Wasn't the last scene an interesting twist? I had no idea what Carrie and Sal were up to.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 9310/21/2013

It's become a dreadful and predictable show with bad writing. The whole Dana storyline is killing the series. It's simply unbearable to watch. I am now recording and fast-forwarding through any scenes containing her. Who came up with this plot idea?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 9410/21/2013

I hope the new bf kills her!

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 9510/21/2013

When Carrie showed up at Saul's house and we discovered the whole insanity story was staged, Saul looked embarrassed as he was delivering his lines - it was like he was thinking "OMG - NOBODY is going to believe this". They had to follow up the show with a follow-up explanation of what had happened because they knew the audience wouldn't buy it. I didn't.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 9610/21/2013

Oh please, please let the homicidal bf kill Dana in a unilateral suicide pact.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 9710/21/2013

What a wonderful idea...

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 9810/21/2013

[quote]Wasn't the last scene an interesting twist? I had no idea what Carrie and Sal were up to.

I'll admit I didn't see it coming, but that's mostly because I'm so numb to the show that I'm only half watching the episodes.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 9910/21/2013

I'm just glad that it is a set-up. Crazy Carrie was awful.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 10010/21/2013

Is Nazanin Boniadi the same woman who was set up with Tom Cruise as wife material by the Church of Scientology but "disappointed" him and was punished by David Miscavige? I really like her character Fara. She has the same coloring as Katie Holmes and looks a bit like her. Is that his type?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 10110/21/2013

Three episodes of Carrie in the hospital for that set up? Give me a break. I fast forward through every Dana scene as well.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 10210/21/2013

Aren't Hot Mom and Brody supposed to be the same age - high school sweethearts? Except Lewis is much older than the actress - and looks it.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 10310/22/2013

Lewis is 42 and Baccarin 34. I think the age difference works because Brody spent seven years mostly locked up in a hole and beaten. He had to have aged a bit during that time.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 10410/22/2013

Nice twist, but this is horrible writing. Vince Giligan would have done this story in 45 minutes to better effect. If you're going to try and shock the audience, think finesse.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 10510/22/2013

I stop watching, it wasn't that good to begin with.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 10610/22/2013

Morena was only 23 in Firefly playing a mature character.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 10710/22/2013

I watched Sunday's episode finally. It worked for me. I could imagine being imprisoned for several years and then being told in my 30s I'll be spending the rest of my life in prison. He is a muslim and was betrayed by an Imam. At that point heroin wouldn't look bad. It is certainly more believable than him as an instant Congressman.

I find it harder to believe that Carrie would willingly go to the nuthouse again to smoke out the enemy. Choosing heroin vs getting shot up with mega-meds that could give her permanent tardive dyskinesia seems more iffy to me. Plus it made her more vulnerable if someone wanted to kill her. She couldn't defend herself. And the "fuck you, Saul" in her medicated state from an earlier episode seemed more believable as the statement from an inpatient than an operative on duty. Not to mention her wackjob father trying to do the right thing by locking her up. Plus, if this plan is real, Saul has gone rogue himself, because he is lying to his superiors.

I don't mind Dana. In fact that storyline is probably the most believable in the whole show. But if Carrie is really on duty, then she's back together. Brody's family has this little bump in the road, but the boyfriend Mike is back in the household. All these people are moving on with their lives. So what happens when Brody returns? I wonder whether it will happen toward the end or during the season finale, so people are left wondering for the next season.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 10810/25/2013

All I want is for Dana to disappear. I can deal with the rest of it, bad writing, convoluted plots, because it's still entertaining. Dana is not. She must go.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 10910/25/2013

I always thought Carrie was going to be undercover so I can live with this story so far. Brody makes sense too. Dana in the story however is time I will never get back.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 11010/25/2013

I agree R108, it seems a little to neat and tidy for it to be all a ruse.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 11110/25/2013

Just say no to Dana!

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 11210/25/2013

SPOILERS: Dana is the most annoying character on TV. Her story line got almost as much time as Carrie's and all that happened was that she hears on the tv -- a totally unbelievable coincidence, btw -- that her boyfriend is lying to her. And then the police come. That's a well written, dramatic story line?

For a while I thought the address who played Dana was just a shitty actor but now I think it's the writing as well.

Just say no to Dana!

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 11310/27/2013

Actress. Not address. Sheesh.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 11410/27/2013

Dana is the new Meadow Soprano.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 11510/27/2013

Besides the Dana crap it was a good episode. I'm getting interested in it again.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 11610/27/2013

The show is becoming formulaic. Carrie acts out. Carrie fucks up. Carrie is locked up and given shock treatment. Carrie claims to be better and will take her meds if she can only be back at the C.I.A. because something really BAD is going to happen and she needs to be there to stop it. Carrie is released at the behest of Saul. Said crisis happens. Only Carrie has the brains and the balls to solve the problem. Carrie is brought back to the team by Saul, risking his own career, and incurring the wrath of the current Big in charge. Carrie has a brilliant insight into what is going on and what will happen next. They give her the assignment. She stops taking her meds. She fucks up. And acts out. And gets locked up, etc. I won't even touch the dull as ditchwater Dana story line. Now it looks like Carrie is going to be this years Brody.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 11710/28/2013

Last night was even worse than previous ones. No one is talking about the series anymore either. Dana, Dana, Dana - stop the insanity - the fans have had enough.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 11810/28/2013

Completely disagree with R117. Saul is turning out to be a delusional self-absorbed fuckwit. He got Carrie to go through all this so he could be a hero? He honestly thought he was going to be nominated to head the CIA? Clearly the F. Murray Abraham character was his boss and he was really only a section head, so he was crazy himself to think he had a chance. Then he tells Quinn, who is concerned about Carrie's safety, that she has always been on her own? Well, at least he's finally being honest. of course, this is after he comes home to what looks like a cheating wife. First, he lets Carrie be locked up and then he lets her be kidnapped by terrorists. He's the loser.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 11910/28/2013

I need to see some Rupert Friend ass this season!

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 12010/29/2013

Now that Dana has returned home maybe they will shelf her for a long while.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 12110/29/2013

I sort of thought the twist was brilliant. I did not see it coming it all. And yes, I was as bored as everyone else with the first few episodes. But one thing Carrie has always done is do ANYTHING for the CIA, so it's totally in character for her to go to such drastic lengths to get to the rat. It was a risky move on the writer's part, because I was ready to jump ship, but now I'm totally back on board.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 12210/31/2013

Maybe Dana is gone for good.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 12311/04/2013

R123 I pray that you are correct and that Dana will disappear forever with her pre-loaded debit card.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 12411/04/2013

Who did Damien Lewis piss off to receive so little screen time this season?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 12511/04/2013

I really don't get why we can't be following Brody in Bolivia or where ever the hell he is instead of the fallout of his actions via his family. That could have been solved very quickly over a three episode C story line arc. It's frustrating and ruining the Carrie/Saul/Iranian traitor storyline, which I'm actually enjoying.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 12611/04/2013

I want more Quinn.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 12711/05/2013

I like Quinn too.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 12811/05/2013

Yeah, I don't care about Brody's family either.

Maybe they'll make it make sense later?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 12911/05/2013

I'm not sure about something in this last episode. Did the Iranian terrorist give up so quickly because Carrie told him his $45 million dollar laundering scheme made him a wanted man in Iran? Which meant he had no where to go?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 13011/05/2013

NO MORE DANA

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 13111/05/2013

R130, yeah. She basically outed him with his soccer player alias, which means the CIA could very easily let the Iranian government know that one of their own was stealing from them. Which I'm sure would be a death sentence.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 13211/05/2013

I thought it went even a bit further, R130. When Carrie asked him if they were being recorded, the Iranian lied and said no. Carrie knew otherwise and outed him. He couldn't go home. Carrie had already burned him.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 13311/05/2013

Guys -- she recruited him as a double agent by getting him in private, unrecorded, and letting him know the CIA knows about his embezzlement, which, if exposed, would make him a dead man in Iran. This was Saul's long game. Understanding he was trapped, he's decided to punish Saul by causing trouble that they will have to cover up. He has nothing to lose. He understands the game several moves ahead and they know it. But it's a situation where perfect control is impossible.

R133 I believe you are incorrect... his "cover" is in tact. It's the only thing that makes him valuable to the CIA.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 13411/05/2013

I can't live this life anymore. I just can't....It nearly killed me.

So now...

...I am REBORN!!!

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 13511/05/2013

Thank you R132 133 and 134.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 13611/05/2013

So happy Dana Lazaro is gone for a while. She will be back though. You just know it.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 13711/05/2013

I want to go "under cover" with Quinn.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 13811/05/2013

Who got Carrie pregnant do you think? Was it that one night stand a couple of episodes ago? I'm not sure of the time frame of these episodes, day, weeks?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 13911/06/2013

The show has made a turn around. Sunday's episode was pretty gripping. Even Dana's farewell was quite moving and sad. Hopefully, they'll stick to her leaving, though I have my doubts. I still can't forgive the drudgery of the first three episodes.

I think it's a very smart choice to not have Brody around since there's nothing to do with him. But to not have your Emmy winning actor on the show is a strange choice. He must not have been happy with this season. Despite this show's manifold problems which I doubt are solvable, it's still bizarrely compelling.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 14011/07/2013

how could they (CIA) not know she was preggers? she was in a fuckin hospital! they take blood and it comes up in blood tests! i think it's broady's kid.

My gawd, sol's wife or whatever she is, don't know if they're legally separated or not is so goddamn ugly.

Quinn deeply respects carrie as a spy. I think he has a crush on her deep down. I wonder if they will fuck, maybe next season...

saw a preview of next wk's episode, quinn was topless with a towel around his waist...SO HOT!!!!

anyone has gossip on the actor who plays quinn? i know he dated that anorexic english girl, can't recall her name at the moment.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 14111/09/2013

Carrie is pregnant because Claire Danes was pregnant.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 14211/09/2013

Danes was pregnant during the filming of season 2, R142. This is season 3.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 14311/09/2013

I missed the first few minutes. Why do the police have a photo of Quinn on the porch but not a photo of Javadhi on the porch?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 14411/10/2013

It was the neighbor's camera, so it was probably because Quinn was sneaking around the house whereas Javadi came right to the front door out of the neighbor's camera's line of sight.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 14511/10/2013

I loved seeing the senator locked in the conference room.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 14611/11/2013

wow, i was talking on the phone while watching the new episode tonight but i think quinn bombed the cia. i need to go re-watch the program again...

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 14711/11/2013

[quote]So happy Dana Lazaro is gone for a while. She will be back though. You just know it.

Of course she will.

She moved the fucking car.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 14811/11/2013

"But the episode's best surprise was what it didn't do: waste any time at all on the goddamn Brody family. I try not to be too hard on that storyline, but the total lack of regret I felt over its absence has me rethinking that policy. Jettisoning Dana's pro-forma acts of teenage rebellion and self-assertion, as well as Jessica's flat exasperation with them, gave the show the time it needed to work with, y'know, the things the show's actually about. Hell, it even found time for some lovely magic-hour twilight lighting and, amazingly, a happy(ish) ending for everyone involved. Viewers included."

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 14911/11/2013

[quote]but i think quinn bombed the cia

The senator has made it clear that he has convinced the president to look at military solutions instead of intelligence-gathering.

Someone in the U.S. government was involved.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 15011/11/2013

We know that someone is a traitor. The odds are pretty overwhelming it must be a character already on the show. It's not Brody. It's not Carrie, although that would be quite a twist. That leaves Quinn, who wasn't really around much before. Or Saul. Saul has to be the traitor.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 15111/11/2013

Yes, Quinn is looking a little shady really. Maybe he is the traitor.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 15211/11/2013

R152, yes i think so too but i think he was under orders, by that guy who runs black ops, not sure of his name. you know, he went to meet the senator on sol's behalf.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 15311/11/2013

I think it's Saul's assistant.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 15411/13/2013

[quote] that guy who runs black ops, not sure of his name. you know, he went to meet the senator on sol's behalf.

Salieri

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 15511/13/2013

Dana moved the car.

Why else would they keep her on this show?

She was brainwashed!

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 15611/15/2013

Pi of Claire and Damien.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 15711/15/2013

They look like a couple. Was Mr. Danes there?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 15811/15/2013

I predict almost non-stop Brody for the rest of the season.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 15911/16/2013

I think their plan is for Carrie and Dana to team up as anti-terrorism duo next year and that pairing will become the dramatic center of the show. She's convert to Islam so it's politically correct and there will be lots of sex for both of them. Saul and Dana will hook up.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 16111/16/2013

I think Dana will show up as a reanimated corpse on The Walking Dead. It would be the best use of her acting skills.

Perhaps she could become the Queen of the Undead.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 16211/16/2013

Or better yet Dana could become Carol's lesbian lover for a season on the Walking Dead. Carol is game I bet.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 16311/17/2013

Just finished binge-watching up to the current episode. Whatever its faults, it isn't a chore to watch, so it beats shit like The Blacklist that I gave up on.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 16411/17/2013

Watched an interview with Claire Danes on Charlie Rose this week. I think Damien Lewis' interview was the next night, but I haven't seen it yet. He does come off the heroin this year, because she commented on it.

I am waiting to see what they do with Carrie's pregnancy. I hope she doesn't have a baby.

I also don't think Quinn bombed the CIA, even on someone else's orders. But I think F. Murray Abraham's character knows who does. Why else would he risk locking up that senator, who seems to be the type to create a terrorist incident? He must have something on the guy. In fact, this kind of conspiracy is just the thing to bring Quinn back into the fold.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 16511/17/2013

How does someone move an SUV right up against CIA HQ without being seen? And are there no CCTVs anywhere? I can get a red light ticket as easy as pie and watch video of my breaking the traffic law online, but Langley doesn't have surveillance cameras?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 16611/17/2013

Oh gawd no.... No. Don't get into the sex lives of fug Saul and his fug wife.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 16711/17/2013

Who does the frog ex-boyfriend work for?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 16811/18/2013

Since season one, I've thought that guy who 'replaced' Brody in the family was sketchy ... the military guy who bonked Jessica while Brody was MIA.

He's been in the show enough for me to suspect him as the one that moved the SUV.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 16911/18/2013

What do you all think of Jessica?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 17011/18/2013

More sex between Saul and his wife, please! I want to see naked bodies and hear the sounds of their passion! A four way between Dana, Saul's wife, Carrie and him - orgasmic!

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 17111/18/2013

Well, since the ob/gyn went out of her way to mention Carrie's anemia, the gunshot would would be a perfect way for Carrie to lose the baby. She's anemic to start with; they said in the ambulance that there's a lot of blood loss, so bing bang -- miscarriage.

Why doesn't this thread show up when I search homeland? I searched "Homeland returns!" with and without the exclamation point and nada.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 17211/18/2013

At least the show is getting better. Plus the added bonuses of Brody reemerging and no Dana or Mrs Brody for that matter.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 17311/18/2013

Brody as a junkie is turning me on. Junkies are so fuckable.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 17411/19/2013

R171, you're so funny! thanks for the laugh!!

I do not want to see the love life of saul. PLEASE NO!!! spare me!!

how is sual allowed to bring home sensitive information?

i think cia will find out she's expecting when they admit her for her gunshot wounds. it's broad's kid.

quinn needs to wear less clothes. any gossip about him? nobody??

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 17511/19/2013

[quote]quinn needs to wear less clothes. any gossip about him? nobody??

Yes! Gay, hung like a horse, apparently managed to fuck Peter Phillips senseless in a drunken naked rugby match, romantically linked with Adele and subject of her anger and longing on "21", has a pilot's license, often mentioned as Craig's replacement as Bond, good friends with JK Rowling, sold film rights to his second novel for over $3 million, recently sold bungalow on Nichols Canyon to pal Nicholas Hoult, pair share loft in West Village, turned down 50 Shades and has been cast in the Heaven Can Wait reboot, doesn't wear underwear, Catholic.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 17611/19/2013

I think Saul's wife is part of a terrorist organization. And the "obsessed" ex-lover is a foreign agent who is playing her the way Carrie played Brody. He may have fallen for her for real the way Carrie did for Brody. Spying on her with the web cam may have been a clumsy move due to his feelings for her. The C.I.A. will realize the house is bugged and this will jeopardize Saul's position at the agency and the operation. Either way, the lover is a goner. It will be discovered by pure accident that Saul's wife is working for a hostile government and he will continue to play along as the devoted husband. The season will end with the revelation that she is the mole but the repercussions from that knowlege will be material for next season. I don't know where Brody fits in. They pretty much know he didn't have anything to do with the bombing at Langley. I am so tired of them using Carrie's feelings for Brody as the reason she constantly puts their OP's in jeopardy. The real C.I.A would have killed her. Case closed.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 17711/19/2013

Saul does not think for a second that the goal of turning Javadi is regime change. That's just nonsense.

Saul believes that the faction in the US government which advocates brute military force over intelligence gathering conspired to bomb the CIA.

Javadi needs to be eliminated but Saul can do that by giving details re his finances.

The real play is to unveil those in the US who wanted to quash the CIA.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 17811/19/2013

R178?

That's a fucking smart theory.

Never occurred to me.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 17911/19/2013

Thanks, r179.

It could be total rubbish.

But...

1) A single senior official - even one as powerful as Javadi could become - cannot overthrow what is essentially a theocracy.

2) Javadi was practically pointing the way to Carrie - why prompt her to question who the driver was unless he was pointing her to someone else away from him and Iran?

3) Why keep the bomber in the country? It makes no sense unless he figured into a larger plan.

4) Quinn is established as the "guy who kills bad guys" with a moral compass which is becoming more evident - a guy like that would have no trouble taking out traitors so the writers have a way of disposing of them in a way which avoids any public trial, etc

5) We have yet to see the president. That has to be coming this season. If I'm right - and this is only so much conjecture now - Saul has to meet with him at some point and that could be the reveal

6) I have no idea where Brody fits in. None. Except that bringing him back will scare some folks and might flush them out. Plus they have to do something with Dana and kidnapping her, etc. (yawn) would at least do something with the character. Murder would prompt praise from fans.

7) Dar Adal is a red herring. Too obvious and the backlash for portraying an American citizen of Middle Eastern descent as treasonous would not play well in the real world - the producers don't want to be accused of portraying all Arabs as traitors. Ditto Fara - she is so upset because they let Javadi back into Iran. Casting either of those as traitors just won't fly.

8) Saul has to know that security is tight enough at the CIA that anyone moving that car would be seen. He would have known that from day one - as he said to Javadi, he and Carrie started work on this immediately. Saul had to suspect that day that there was at least a possibility that a domestic group was complicit.

9) The president was not at the Vice President's memorial. Weird.

So we'll see...

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 18011/21/2013

Dana. God damn it. More Dana. I can't tell if she's just a terrible actress, or the part is unplayable. Regardless, Dana. Goddamn it. More Dana.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 18111/24/2013

I thought I liked this show, but the last few episodes... zzzzzzzzzz

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 18211/24/2013

[181]. This! More scrunched face and hysteria. Are the writers that desperate?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 18311/24/2013

Oh God, Dana is back!

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 18411/25/2013

And giving a scrunchy-faced tour de force! Even Meryl couldn't scrunch with such effortless conviction and precision.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 18511/25/2013

I scrunch, therefore I am.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 18611/25/2013

Brody sure cleaned up quick from his smack habit. I wonder if he will be tempted over near poppy land.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 18711/25/2013

But it was really Saylor who stole the show. Over the course of three minutes, Dana Brody’s alter ego made three seasons worth of waiting worthwhile.

Director Jeffery Reiner’s blocking of the scene at the motel—we kept cutting back, annoyingly so, to Lewis’s reaction—suggested that this was Brody’s scene, but Saylor’s performance flat out stole it.

It wasn’t the lines. It was the way Saylor played the silences. The look on her face after she opened that door flashed 1,000 emotions: disbelief, defiance, love, hate, anger, confusion and everything that a daughter who was ready to kill herself to escape her father’s sins must be feeling when he shows up at her doorstep.

And the way she moves. Blocking him at first, then retreating, withdrawing, before finally thrusting the pen and paper at her father. “Here. Just write it down. Really. Just write and down and I will say it to you. As long as you promise that I will never have to see you again.”

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 18811/25/2013

I watched last nite's episode a few times, lots of hunky men!!!

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 18911/25/2013

Who knew the Navy seals had such dark, hunky man meat. It looked more like the Navy Seals in a Kristen Bjorn movie.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 19011/26/2013

Is it an Alien baby?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 19211/26/2013

of course it's brody's kid. those navy men were so yummy to look at!

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 19311/26/2013

[quote]It wasn’t the lines. It was the way Saylor played the silences. The look on her face after she opened that door flashed 1,000 emotions: disbelief, defiance, love, hate, anger, confusion and everything that a daughter who was ready to kill herself to escape her father’s sins must be feeling when he shows up at her doorstep.

The director just ran up to her before her take and said: "Just pretend it's the audience."

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 19411/26/2013

This show is a hot fucking mess.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 19511/26/2013

As annoying as Dana is, the actress Morgan is doing a good job.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 19611/26/2013

Disagree R196. All she can do is scrunch up her face and cry. Not a huge fan, but at least Danes can convey all kinds of sadness just by using her eyes, her eyebrows, her mouth. All that Morgan creature can do is scrunch.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 19711/30/2013

It's not clear who's the father. Brody was gone awhile and she had the crazy sex with the stranger more than once.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 19811/30/2013

Carrie to Quinn that it ain't Brody's baby. But I think she's lying.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 19912/01/2013

Who cares whose baby it is? People don't watch a show about the CIA to angst over who's a baby daddy. That's pure soap opera shit.

Homeland the tv show has become what Homeland Security is -- a stupid waste of time and money

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 20012/01/2013

Who'd win: Dana Brody versus Alexis Castle?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 20112/01/2013

damn shame they killed the hot special ops guy.

i'm watching this show for quinn. i've invested a lot of time in this show and will keep watching. at least it's better than true blood.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 20212/01/2013

Thank GOD! No Dana.

Last night's episode was good, the show is best when it concentrated on the spy drama, not the family drama. BUT...

SPOILER AHEAD

the whole assassination hinged on Brody's being along with the guy, and there was no reason for him to assume that would happen. Just seemed really silly when he dismissed all his guards to sit with Brody.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 20312/09/2013

Last night was excellent and really brought back the tension. I have to ignore my BS detector because the plot is ridiculous though.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 20412/09/2013

Fucking GREAT EPISODE.

R203, I think they skipped the spelling out of it, but the guy would not want his bodyguards to hear sensitive information, especially if he wasn't planning on acting on it right away. Brody marched in with the whiff of a trump card, which was too hard for him to resist. It was an all-in gamble, and it worked.

I do think this is the end of Brody on the show though. Even if they get him out, he's dead in the Homeland-verse. He will always be Brody, CIA bomber, but die a Marine, knowing his life finally amounted to more good than bad.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 20512/09/2013

What r204 said.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 20712/09/2013

Excellent episode - I wish the others had been this good. The Dana storyline was horrible, I hope we don't see her again.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 20812/09/2013

The final 2-3 minutes of this week's episode, terrific. I like to be surprised, and I definitely was.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 20912/09/2013

I think Brody will be gone after next week too. And I love me some Quinn. He has a fabulous ass that they haven't shown this season.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 21012/09/2013

I'm a week behind. R199, it could be someone else's baby, I think. Remember the several instances of random sex Carrie had with the neighbor, including one incident on the stairs? I think he's the father.

But the episode a week ago was amazing. I was sitting on the edge of my chair. I didn't expect them to shoot the guy with Brody, who trained him and mentored him. I think Brody will be around for awhile. We still don't know whether he came back a terrorist or not.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 21112/09/2013

Next week is the finale episode. Can't wait! How the hell is she supposed to get him out of there?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 21312/09/2013

Brody isn't going anywhere, unfortuately. He is the male star, an Emmy winner in this role, and CD's love interest. He will be with this show until the end. He will inevitably die, but it won't be until the last episode of the last season.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 21412/10/2013

I don't know, R214. Lewis has been hinting toward a possible death for his character, and he has said it was a relief to be off so many episodes this season so he could be home with his wife and kids.

Imagine the dramatic possibilities of having Carrie unable to save the father of her child, him learning of the pregnancy just before he dies and her efforts next season to clear his name.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 21512/10/2013

[quote]Brody isn't going anywhere, unfortuately. He is the male star, an Emmy winner in this role, and CD's love interest.

He is expensive, already has his Emmy, itching for other opportunities, and on a show that relishes in shaking things up.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 21612/10/2013

Entertainment Tonight has an article about Brody from the writers - he was supposed to die last year, but the popularity of the show impelled them to revive him this year. They're not sure they see any additional arc for him.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 21712/10/2013

[quote]her efforts next season to clear his name.

How on earth can his name be cleared?

Even if he isn't part of the bombing, he still murdered the Vice President, was part of an attack (the attempted bombing of the President) that killed innocent civilians, and murdered his former sniper buddy.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 21812/10/2013

I am nauseated by the Carrie/Brody 'love story'. All of their intense phone calls to each other that are supposed to show their deep devotion make me hit the mute button. They both look like creepy psychos.

I'm so confused by the plot of the middle eastern guy that Saul recruited (the money stealer) and Brody's relationship. When Brody was being questioned in this last episode, the money stealer (name?) was acting like he doesn't know who Brody is. Wasn't money stealer supposed to go in and kill someone and then Saul broke Brody out to do the same job? I'm lost. At least there was no Dana.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 21912/10/2013

Why is the CIA still using Carrie the wacko? She was disgraced and fired, she won't take her meds, she is known to have abetted a known terrorist, got shot cause she wouldn't listen, she has defied multiple orders cause of her stupid crush on Brody, but still Saul is using her. He's dumber than her.

I find it unbelievable how she gets to travel to the Middle East with impunity. You'd figure she'd be on the secret police radar after her last episodes in Iran/Iraq and her dealings with Brody which made the news in the US (if I remember correctly).

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 22012/10/2013

Apparently it takes a Special OPs team to get Brody into Iran, but Carrie can loosely wrap a jaunty blue scarf around her head and waltz right in. Once in she can stay at a 5 star hotel and travel freely around Tehran chatting on her cellphone without drawing the least bit of interest from the Revolutionary Guard.

This whole season has been a huge disappointment.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 22112/10/2013

The Emmy love went to his head...

[quote]Sir Ian McKellan hits back at Homeland star Damian Lewis over his comments regarding 'fruity actors playing wizards'

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 22212/10/2013

Wow, what an asshole.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 22312/10/2013

[quote]Apparently it takes a Special OPs team to get Brody into Iran, but Carrie can loosely wrap a jaunty blue scarf around her head and waltz right in.

The Special Ops people were sneaking an internationally known fugitive through Iraq to the border of Iran, past military checkpoints, in hopes he could safely offer himself for asylum.

Carrie flew into Iran with CIA-doctored credentials passing herself off as a French national there for leisure, a much easier task.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 22412/10/2013

He looks more than a bit fruity himself in that photo.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 22512/10/2013

[quote]Why is the CIA still using Carrie the wacko?

Possibly because she spent months in a deep cover mission that compromised her public reputation, leading to the successful recruitment of the #3 official in Iranian intelligence, along with her deep connection and working relationship with the asset she and Saul planned to use (with eventual success) to assassinate the head of the Iranian intelligence apparatus and replace him with their asset?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 22612/10/2013

R222 - I had no idea that Damien Lewis was such a homophobic asshole.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 22712/10/2013

Given his comments re: Ian McKellan, will be more than happy to have him be killed off

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 22812/11/2013

I hope his character gets killed off and he never gets another job. I used to like him - no more.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 22912/11/2013

The finale leaked...

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

Someone dies (two seasons too late, IMO)

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 23012/14/2013

I'm stealing it on piratebay as I speak.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 23112/14/2013

There's going to be a season 4, right? Shame, because the last episode works really, really well as a series finale.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 23212/15/2013

Season 4 will likely be its last. It's had a precipitous fall in ratings and popularity.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 23312/15/2013

Morena Baccarin and Morgan Saylor have been let go due to lack of storyline.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 23412/15/2013

R225, in talk of theatrical voices, fruity doesnt mean what you think it means. Sir Ian's comments show what it means—a trained voice that is also what is sometimes called plummy.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 23512/15/2013

Very satisfied.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 23612/15/2013

Brody's dead so they don't need Dana or the wife anymore...

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 23812/15/2013

So that is the end of their storyline?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 23912/15/2013

I missed some of this season's Homeland. Did or did not Brady do the Langley bombing?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 24012/15/2013

Morgan is in one movie with Liv Tyler and another with Kevin Costner and Maria Bello.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 24112/15/2013

Interview with Morgan. She seems quite different from her character.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 24212/15/2013

Surely they could come up with something for Morena Baccarin and Morgan Saylor to do on the show.

Lack of storyline is such a cop-out

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 24412/15/2013

Downloaded the finale… watched it… loved it.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 24512/15/2013

I loved the finale but was it clear if Brody was really the Langley bomber?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 24712/15/2013

The ratings are the highest this season than in the previous two, r233. This show will keep going as long as it's profitable. This is Showtime after all.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 24812/15/2013

R247, and others. No, Brody was not the Langley bomber. Sheesh, don't you people pay attention?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 24912/15/2013

WTF, broady is dead??????????????????

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 25012/15/2013

Please please give me a link so I can watch it! Thanks!

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 25112/15/2013

broady was hung in public in iran, sol is out of CIA, quinn looks hot as usual, carrie is getting posted to Turkey as station chief. she doesn't want to keep the baby. sorry but i don't have the link.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 25312/15/2013

Is Patinkin off the show or will she ask him to return and be her second in command in Istanbul?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 25412/15/2013

Kind of a stupid finale, and it kept dragging on and on and on. I think it's over and out for Homeland.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 25512/15/2013

Thank God that's over. An utter bore. At least we didn't have to deal with the wretchedly banal family plotlines again. Talk about a show that completely lost its mojo over three season.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 25612/15/2013

She should just give the baby to Brody's wife. Or better yet, give it to Dana! Hijinks ensue!

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 25712/15/2013

I went to Pirate Bay but the files are Microsoft, and my Mac won't download them.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 25812/15/2013

The last 15 minutes were perplexing. Why not set up some intrigue for next season?

Not disapointed to see what happened to Brody. He did kill the Vice-President, even though he didn't bomb Langley. How could he possibly redeem himself, even after taking out Akbar.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 25912/15/2013

RIP Homeland

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 26112/15/2013

I don't like the Dana story but I want her to know her Dad redeemed himself. Looks like that won't happen.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 26212/15/2013

I managed to see it! I don't care if i never see it again.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 26312/15/2013

That was just one big piece of flaming shit.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 26412/16/2013

I hope there is a new season! I'm sure Quinn will get a bigger role and we'll see more of his hotness!

I hope sol gets back into the action with carrie.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 26512/16/2013

I wish they'd hung Claire Danes too. The first year was good, but the last two were total crap. Which reminds me to cancel Showtime tomorrow...

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 26612/16/2013

Do former Heads of the CIA really get to wander the streets of Mideast cities by themselves? One would think that he would make a great target for kidnapping.

And would anyone in their right mind really promote a wack job like her, send her on an overseas assignment, or give her control of the #1 CIA asset in the world, especially after she drew her own fucking star on the wall?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 26712/16/2013

R267, she drew that star for broady.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 26812/16/2013

[quote][R267], she drew that star for broody.

I understand that. That doesn't change the fact that it's the act of a crazy person, not someone just put in charge of Istanbul.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 27012/16/2013

I didn't mind the ending. What where they supposed to do? Bring Brody back to America, give him the Congressional Medal of Honor and have him and Carrie drive off into the sunset. I don't think so. Season 4, off to new adventures.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 27212/16/2013

Completely agree with R272. The Brody storyline was played out and it was time to end it. Ultimately, the show revolves around Carrie's relationship with Saul and, now, with Lockhart as one of the main players, it should focus on that. And I can completely buy Carrie's promotion; when she's properly medicated, she's one of the CIA's foremost Middle East experts.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 27312/16/2013

r269=Damian, Son of Satan, Lewis.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 27412/16/2013

R276, do you know how EXPENSIVE it is to get tickets to every show, every film, every concert in America so that we can come to the Lounge and piss all over it?

This is why we don't bother actually seeing the films, concerts, shows or hear the music.

Why bother?

We know we are going to hate it anyway. Save the money and come here for the big, long piss.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 27712/16/2013

We have a right to voice our opinions. Most of the criticism is justified. As is the praise for the show and the actors. The producers admitted that they painted themselves into a corner with Brody and had a hard time figuring out how to bring resolution to the story. Carrie drawing that star on the memorial for the fallen C.I.A personnel was ridiculous and rather childish. And it makes her look unstable. As does bringing the baby to term and then deciding she doesn't want to be a mother. While being manic-depressive is a major plot point for the character, they can't continue to repeat the same formula over and over again when it comes to her mental illness and not garner criticism. She needs to stay on her fucking meds. And she needs to grow the fuck up.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 27812/16/2013

The name is Brody, not Broady. And it's Saul, not Sol.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 27912/16/2013

i like the show, i have faith that it will get better. I love Quinn, he's a million time hotter than brody.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 28012/16/2013

Has anyone here seen the Israeli show that Homeland was based on? Is it worth watching?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 28112/16/2013

Broody was hung?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 28212/16/2013

Poor R276 forgot to take his medications again. That and spending too much time in his mother's basement in Atlanta with Miss Sissyboodles has made him think that he's intelligent.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 28312/16/2013

This show is the foremost example why high concept tv doesn't work. It should have ended two seasons ago as a miniseries. Writers of this ilk simply don't have the ability or talent to extend their idea a few episodes beyond the initial concept.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 28512/16/2013

Damien Lewis signed on for 7 seasons of Homeland

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 28612/16/2013

Funny. When they were locking the list of names up, I was thinking- "Thank god it's locked, Carrie will run over there and write Brody's name in". Then I laughed, thinking that might be the beginning of a good SNL skit. Little did I know..

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 28712/16/2013

I like Homeland, I really do. But is it just me, or is Carrie the most conspicuous CIA agent in history? She already looks out of place when she visits the Middle East, but then she does all these things to call attention to herself. When Brody is hanged, she actually climbs a fence and yells out his name? I was half-expecting/half-hoping the mob to tear her to pieces.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 28812/16/2013

R288, I was thinking much the same thing.

Here, he asked her not to come as his last request, and she shows up anyway, then makes a spectacle. He gave her a look like "Do you mind? I'm trying to die here."

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 28912/16/2013

LOL R287

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 29012/16/2013

Put a sock in it R276! Between dull-as-dirt Dana, Brody's no lips and his wife's butchered nose job that is oh so distracting...

Bet you thought Dexter ended well and BB's Skyler was a hot horse face.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 29112/16/2013

It worked well as a series-ender. I can't imagine how they're going to wring another season out of it.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 29212/16/2013

R288, I thought the same thing.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 29312/16/2013

now that brody is dead, perhaps there will be a romance between quinn and carrie. he already loves her. and he told her he "fucked it up" when referring to his kid so maybe he would like a 2nd chance to be a good dad to carrie's baby.

he also said carrie "fucked saul over"...

looking forward to next season.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 29412/16/2013

There definitely won't be any more Dana. Woohoo!

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 29512/17/2013

Total crap. Unbelievable. Soap opera bullshit. How dare someone in this thread mention the masterpiece that is Breaking Bad with the horseshit that Homeland became after the first season.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 29612/17/2013

I haven't watched any of the episodes this season, can someone be kind enough to give me a synopsis of what happened with each main character?

And why is Dana hated so much?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 29712/17/2013

R295 - "The show has said that both ladies will be offered to make guest appearances on the show but they won't get much screen time at all because their storylines have run dry"

That's a real bad picture of Morgan/Dana.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 29812/17/2013

i was disappointed that the hot marine who used to fuck brody's wife didn't have a bigger part this season.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 29912/17/2013

The hot marine is on another show. I think it's the blacklist with James spader

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 30012/17/2013

[quote]I haven't watched any of the episodes this season, can someone be kind enough to give me a synopsis of what happened with each main character?

Carrie/Saul: did a long con that had Carrie in a mental institution and then become a turncoat solely to get the goods on the #2 guy in the Iraqi Republican Guard

Brody: fled to Caracas, become a heroin junkie

Saul rescued Brody because he needed someone "off book" to take out the #1 Iraqi guy; it worked, but Brody was caught and hanged to death

Carrie: ended the season eight months pregnant w/Brody's baby, but was prepared to give it up for adoption --> still undecided

Jessica/Dana: too unimportant to get into, but both are gone

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 30112/17/2013

Thank you, R301. Appreciate it.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 30212/17/2013

R302, also, carrie was given the top posting in the middle east, turkey. she can choose her own people. I'm thinking Quinn will be a part of it.

also, saul is no longer in the CIA but he may get bored with retirement and come back, who knows?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 30312/17/2013

so was Carrie taking her meds in the final episode.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 30412/17/2013

True, R303, although I read an interview with the show's EP today and he said they're considering season four to be basically a tabula rasa, so Carrie may not end up in Istanbul. (The show might have budgetary concerns with filming overseas full-time; after all, they've been subbing Charlotte for D.C. & Northern Virginia for three years now.) I think it's a given that they'll figure out a way to get Saul back into the game -- keep in mind these are the same producers who always managed to figure out how to get Jack Bauer back to working for CTU, even after he'd been sent to a Chinese torture camp for two years -- and hopefully Quinn will end up as Carrie's next love interest. Saul could always take a job at Homeland (the agency, that is) if he can't go back to the CIA.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 30512/17/2013

Seemed like it, R304, although I'm not sure what she's allowed to take while eight months pregnant.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 30612/17/2013

[quote]Fuck you all. If you could do it better, they would have hired you.

Not at my salary.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 30712/17/2013

I was so sick of the horrible Carrie and Brody "love story" that I was happy that he was killed off. I did wonder for a few seconds how Dana was reacting to the news of her father's death. Was she relieved?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 30812/17/2013

Are we sure Saul is coming back? Mandy Patinkin must be expensive, and from here on I don't see him having much of a role to play except as a Yoda dispensing occasional snippets of wise advice. Better to leave him sitting on the terrace with his zero chemistry wife and move on.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 30912/17/2013

R308, brody's family wasn't in the episode so we don't know their reactions.

I like saul but I hate his wife.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 31112/17/2013

I wish they hadn't made Carrie pregnant. That plot device is such a contrivance. It seems like characters on TV shows get pregnant at a much higher rate than women in the real world.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 31212/17/2013

Sappy prediction. Carrie keeps the baby and grandpa comes with them to Istanbul. Along with the help of a nanny and grandpa the kid has a fairly normal upbringing.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 31312/17/2013

Yeah, R313, they'll do like they did on Dexter when he had a kid. They give Carrie a Turkish nanny, who she can throw the kid at whenever she has to jump on a plane and solve more international hijinks.

It will more than likely be a hot young female nanny instead of a mature motherly type, for the male demographic. She'll be useful for those topless scenes that are mandatory for most cable shows. Claire Danes can keep her bee-sting boobs covered up.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 31412/17/2013

They could of found storyline for both Morena Baccarin and Morgan Saylor

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 31512/17/2013

R315 - Not really. Both Morena and Morgan are going to have other projects.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 31612/17/2013

I was genuinely surprised by Brody's death but impressed by the authentic method.

The writers are starting to slip quite a bit IMO. For instance when Carrie spoke of "Amnesty International" it wasn't authentic. One senses the writers are dumbing down for American audiences.

A woman alone driving a vehicle 50 miles from Teheran would have been stopped a few times by authorities - road side checks.

Small things like this are annoying. I would hope the writers would better consult with those who work in the field.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 31812/17/2013

i think she will keep the baby in the USA with grandpa. Kid might get kidnapped in Turkey.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 31912/17/2013

To add to what R301 said, Brody was only caught because the senator replacing Saul as CIA head and Saul's closest colleague turned over Brody's location to their Iranian operative. By catching Brody, he ensured himself of replacing the man Brody killed, thus making him more valuable to the Americans.

So, the Americans used Brody then set him up to be killed.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 32012/18/2013

As annoying as Dana was they should have had a resolution to that story. It would have been nice to see her hear her father wasn't what she thought he was. They might have her on as a guest star next season to resolve that storyline. To show her the first half of the season falling apart because of Brody and then nothing?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 32112/18/2013

Next season I'd like to see Saul's wife turn out to be a baddie. We already had her associating with the guy who bugged her house. I hope this character, Alain, comes back.

Please no more Carrie nervous breakdowns. I hate them and CD does the ugly cry. Enough.

Plus, we still aren't entirely sure of who blew up CIA Headquarters. I'd like to know. And what of that female Saudi (or whatever she was) journalist who was interrogated. I'd like to see her again... and the guy who was making he suicide vests. Lots to draw on.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 32212/18/2013

Is Sal's wife a man?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 32312/18/2013

Such a dumb show for idiots.

Really, a Sunni-Iran bombing? Embarrassingly sloppy.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 32412/18/2013

"They could of found storyline for ...Morena Baccarin"

Morena was very pregnant during the shoot - her face was so puffy in her last scenes several episodes ago I had to check. She gave birth to a son in October. I also read she grew in NY and interestingly was classmates with Clare Danes, so they know each other for a long time.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 32512/18/2013

Israeli propaganda!

Having said that, the show was entertaining.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 32612/18/2013

Dec. 15 (UPI) -- Morena Baccarin, who plays Jessica Brody on "Homeland," and Morgan Saylor, who plays her daughter Dana, won't return as regulars for the fourth season of the Showtime drama. Though their contracts won't be renewed for the next season of the CIA drama, the two actors will have the option to appear as a guest star, much the same way Diego Klattenhoff, who plays Mike, did during the third season.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 32712/18/2013

R328 - Who is Morena Baccartin?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 32912/18/2013

Wasn't very impressed with the last episode. The clincher for me was when Brody was being hanged and Carrie jumps on the fence and screams his name. I felt, if this had any semblance of authenticity to it, she would have either been shot or torn to pieces by the angry crowd.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 33012/18/2013

Yes R330, the crowd would have torn Carrie to shreds in the streets long before she arrived at the execution site.

During/after the execution the crowd would have been very loud, shouting Allah Akbar over and over.

I can't make out if the problem lies with poor experts advising the writers, a fear at Showtime that authenticity might incite a fatwa, or plain laziness.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 33112/18/2013

Hey R328 You're quite right. And it would indeed be nice if DL posters could learn to speak English better. But if you're going to get all Snidely Grammar Queen on someone, you don't want to make stupid mistakes yourself, like putting in a "#" when you need to put in a "R."

And, it was R315 who made the mistake, not R325.

So I'm going to have to give you a C- for your effort and ask you to turn in an extra credit paper on reading a thread list more carefully.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 33212/19/2013

I just finished season 3, the beginning was painful, but it got better as it went on. I think the show made the mistake of showing their cards too quickly. The original premise of a marine turning was intriguing, but they rushed through it the first season, when they could have kept building it up for at least another season. I do like the romance aspect, I know that's not the case with everyone, but I'm not sure how much I bought Brody being so in love with Carrie. Again, it was rushed, IMO.

How do posters feel about no Brody? I think the show is really going to be lacking. However, I love Quinn and would love to see more of him.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 33312/26/2013

I don't think Brody is dead. I think he was saved as a favor to someone (maybe Saul) but sent somewhere where no one, especially Carrie, knew he was still alive. I think we'll see him again.

And I'm hoping Carrie gives up the baby or it lives with her sister and we never see it. Baby drama is not what I want to see with this show.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 33412/26/2013

R329 The hot/gorgeous Brazilian actress who plays Brody's wife.As stunning as she was there was very little storyline with Ms Danes becoming preggers and Brody's demise. With Brody out of the picture there was little room for his family. What did the Israeli original show that Homeland is based on end up doing with their "Brody."?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 33512/26/2013

R334 - that thought crossed my mind, too. And if that's the case, then this show is really no better than Revenge.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 33612/26/2013

Bump in light of reality mirroring the show.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 33706/04/2014

You think Bergdahl is a Brody, r337? That's a scary thought. I wonder if the plan is to monitor the Gitmo prisioners within an inch of their lives to gather intelligence on any future terrorist plots and possibly lead to the identities and capture of the new leaders of Al-Qaeda?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 33806/04/2014

There are some people who are suggesting he's a traitor R338.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 33906/04/2014

Yes, 338. They were probably had GPS chips implanted in them before they left gitmo.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 34006/04/2014

I'd give it to you if I thought you were actually funny or clever, r340. But I'm afraid you will have to re-take the class on pointless bitchery. Oh, and that did cross my mind, but there's this little thing called a body scan. It kind of crumbs the play;)

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 34106/04/2014

Looks like the show returns October 5. And very good news for the Dana haters.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 34208/28/2014

I actually liked the actress who played Dana. It was the character that stunk.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 34308/28/2014

I still wish they would wrap up her story. At least have Carrie go and tell her that her dad wasn't a total asshole.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 34409/02/2014

The actor who played Carrie's dad died a few months ago. Wonder if his absence will be addressed on the show.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 34509/02/2014

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 34609/02/2014

R346 - What other TV?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 34709/02/2014

Any DLers watching the premiere tonight?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 34810/06/2014

That man was in a fucked up state, drunk, desperate. He wouldn't have looked at that woman otherwise, but she was there and he was in need, emotional need. She seemed a decent sort, and when sober he decided to ask her to breakfast because he realized how she felt. Trying to do a decent thing.

He was angry and guilty and used that opportunity to give those jerks a deserved beatdown because he was full of rage. Instead of affirming their douchey spite, imagine he had sex with a great looking guy and two homophobes were cracking wise. Then he gave them a beatdown. Guess that would be applauded.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 35010/06/2014

I think Quinn is a double agent.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 35210/08/2014

Wow, Homeland sounds positively scintillating. Drunk guy fucks fat girl, then "beats down" girls who act mean to fat girl.

It's, like, revolutionary.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 35310/08/2014

Claire's voice playing Carrie is distinct from her ordinary voice. I'm not sure what the difference is though.

I think the baby storyline was stupid and not needed.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 35410/12/2014

Yeah the restaurant scene with Quinn was poor. The fat woman isn't that fat.

But the real plot failure was that Quinn watches the video over and over until he sees a guy on a phone. 1) That video would have been poured over by every intelligence agent on the case already. If something incriminating was on it, it would already have been know. 2) It was just a guy on a phone -- didn't really have all the significance Quinn gave it 3) The writers are getting way too desperate to create suspense.

The show is pretty good, but not nearly as good as that first season. Some shows deserve to die.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 35510/21/2014

Anyone see it tonight?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 35611/02/2014

Tonight's episode is giving me an anxiety attack. On the bright side, there's lots of Quinn. I love me some Quinn!

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 35712/08/2014

Yes, last night's episode was the best of the season. It was a killer....seriously.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 35812/08/2014

I'm getting sick of Carrie, and now Quinn, running around the middle east like Jack Bauer wannabes. Carrie is picking up high powered rifles and gunning for terrorists and Quinn going off on his own to track down the head honcho villain of this season. And Carrie staying behind, with no Embassy backup or authorization. I don't understand how they so easily strut through the town - you'd figure Caucasians would be hated and reviled in that area, and the populace would view them with hate.

Oh well, the show would be pretty dull if it adhered to reality. Oh, and I still don't understand what Corey Stoll's character was doing early in the season - why was he going into those houses back then? Was he selling secrets like the Ambassador's husband?

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 35912/08/2014

[quote]Carrie is picking up high powered rifles and gunning for terrorists

I predict we'll look back at that as the jump the shark moment for Homeland.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 36012/08/2014

Well, she was trained as a field agent. It's not that crazy.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 36112/08/2014

[quote] I'm getting sick of Carrie, and now Quinn, running around the Middle East like Jack Bauer

Just a picky fyi -- it's not the Middle East, it's Central Asia. It may seem like all Muslim cultures are the same, but Central Asia is different from the Middle east. Central Asia is more Turkic (aka Mongolian) influenced while the Middle East is more Arabic or Semitic influenced. Some parts of Central Asia did not become muslim til the 19th century, while the Middle East was muslim for much longer.

The Middle East is a bit more parochial. True, Arabs were involved in the slave trade in Africa, the spice trade in Indonesia, had moors in Spain -- but that was centuries ago. Central Asia had a thriving overland international trade via the Silk Road until the 19th century.

There is a good book about The Great Game at the link below. The Great Game was the 19th century equivalent of the arms race or the space race. Central Asia was unexplored by westerners, thanks to the tendency of Central Asians to behead infidels (sound familiar?) who trespassed in their lands. Russia and Britain were both sending disguised men into these areas to survey and map these unexplored areas, racing to be the first to map and conquer. It was extremely dangerous. White men learned Arabic and used burnt cork to darken their skin. They hid surveying tools in pieces among their traveling rugs. If caught, they were killed.

Pakistan and Afghanistan are not countries so much as they are a collection of tribes, bandits, hetmen, merchants, crazed religious men, killers and very unhappy women. They've never been fully tamed and will never trust the west.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 36212/08/2014

A show about the CIA? Gross. No thanks.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 36312/08/2014

I finally watched this season. While it was exciting and tense, it was basically the same story of the first season done not as good.

It felt like Carrie hadn't learned anything in the first three seasons and went right back to where she was at the beginning.

I understand they had to somehow get rid of the bad seasons 2 and 3, but it was unbelievable to see her behaving like that with an asset. It also didn't make sense she was sad over him when she was planning to kill him anyway.

by Carrie is back...back I tell you!reply 36401/14/2015
Need more help? Click Here.