Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Revenge - Season Two

So, is Victoria really dead? The Australian guy is hot.

by Anonymousreply 44209/29/2014

Gabriel Mann must be the youngest-looking 40-year-old ever.

And he's fucking hot!

by Anonymousreply 109/30/2012

I agree, R1. I'm crushing hard on him.

by Anonymousreply 209/30/2012

Is Declan taller, or did they just fluff up his hair more?

by Anonymousreply 309/30/2012

Is Gabriel Mann gay?

by Anonymousreply 409/30/2012

Maybe I missed it... what happened to Amber Valletta's character? Wasn't she on the same plane as.Victoria?

by Anonymousreply 509/30/2012

by Anonymousreply 609/30/2012

Declan the Pixie's brother is a dwarf.

by Anonymousreply 709/30/2012

I did think it was funny when Nolan went in for a snuggle with Jack.

by Anonymousreply 809/30/2012

[quote]So, is Victoria really dead?

Yes, shows traditionally kill of the star at the end of the first season.

Use your fucking head.

by Anonymousreply 909/30/2012

Loved it R8

by Anonymousreply 1009/30/2012

Ashley is now Queen of the Manor!!

by Anonymousreply 1110/01/2012

Can we talk about Gabriel Mann for a second? He was shirtless tonight!

by Anonymousreply 1210/01/2012

Nolan also gave Daniel a look from head to toe like he wanted to lick him down. Loved it.

Jack looks a lot sexier this season, too.

by Anonymousreply 1310/01/2012

I don't understand Ashley's purpose. Why is she around?

by Anonymousreply 1410/01/2012

What was that beautiful song they played at the end of the episode? I'd love to buy it on iTunes.

by Anonymousreply 1510/01/2012

Good episode, though it got out of hand toward the end.

Nolan had built some muscle...and you got to see Jack shirtless.

Emily is looking pretty good this season.

by Anonymousreply 1610/01/2012

Emily looks as if she is wearing $18 Paris Hilton hair extensions.

by Anonymousreply 1710/01/2012

[quote]So, is Victoria really dead?

Yes, shows traditionally kill of the star at the end of the first season.

Use your fucking head.

Worked for us.

by Anonymousreply 1810/01/2012

Please let the body they found in the boat at the top of the episode be Ashley (I know, it was a man's arm). They just need to get rid of that annoying, untalented actress.

by Anonymousreply 1910/01/2012

[quote]Is Gabriel Mann gayy?

I've always wondered this too. He is 40 an has never been married and doesn't seem have a real history of serious relationships with girls. Doesn't prove anything of course but it seems definitely possible.

Good season premier, so happy to have the show back. And I completely agree, I loved that moment R8, I really love the job Gabriel Mann does with the character.

by Anonymousreply 2010/01/2012

yum yum Jack's hairy hole

by Anonymousreply 2110/01/2012

Dammit I missed it... is Jennifer Jason Leigh in it yet as Emily's mother? Can't wait to see her onscreen again.

by Anonymousreply 2210/01/2012

Who knew Nolan was hiding a hottie under those 20 polo shirts?

by Anonymousreply 2310/01/2012

God, I really hate Declan, Jack, and Ashley. I hope Emily winds up with Daniel.

by Anonymousreply 2410/01/2012

Last night's ep is up on ABC.com

by Anonymousreply 2510/01/2012

Jack is so dreamy. Another four inches taller and I'd be in love.

I think the only reason Connor was cast as Declan is because he's a smidge shorter than Jack and on TV all younger brothers have to be shorter than older ones.

Why did Jack fall out of love with Fauxmanda over the summer?

Is Daniel so dim he didn't understand that his father was pretty much saying he's also screwing Ashley?

I loved the episode, I love the series, but it is getting a little confusing.

I loved Nolan going in for that extra affection with Jack. My take is that it wasn't a sexual thing, he just wanted the affection.

by Anonymousreply 2610/01/2012

Saw the premiere on Hulu - I was worried about the tone changing to more of an Alias-type show with all the talk about the conspiracy / syndicate, and it might still go there later this season, but at least they kept some of the good ol' "exchanging passive-aggressive bitchfaces in too tight dresses on a boat" concept. But I hope they return Victoria to her proper place, because there's not much she can do holed up in a house by herself.

I loved Nolan's hug of Jack. Thought the English disciple of the Japanese guy was hot (even if those training sequences are the most ridiculous part of the show) - I don't know, it seems like both Jack and Daniel are lost little boys, so I wouldn't mind another romantic interest who was a bit more mature and on Emily's level - because let's face it, she could eat both Jack and Daniel for breakfast. At least with Conrad and Victoria's relationship, you can see them being (dysfunctional) equals.

by Anonymousreply 2710/01/2012

yes r22.

They show Jennifer Jason Leigh as the mother in some flashbacks to where the mom is in an insane asylum.

by Anonymousreply 2810/01/2012

R27, you made me laugh (and you NAILED it) with:

"but at least they kept some of the good ol' "exchanging passive-aggressive bitchfaces in too tight dresses on a boat" concept. But I hope they return Victoria to her proper place, because there's not much she can do holed up in a house by herself. "

by Anonymousreply 2910/02/2012

[quote]I think the only reason Connor was cast as Declan is because he's a smidge shorter than Jack and on TV all younger brothers have to be shorter than older ones.

With the exception of [italic]Supernatural[/italic]. And I was so accustomed to the TV tradition of shorter younger brothers, that when I first started watching around season 4, I kept getting confused about who was the younger brother.

by Anonymousreply 3010/02/2012

[quote]wouldn't mind another romantic interest who was a bit more mature and on Emily's level - because let's face it, she could eat both Jack and Daniel for breakfast

I agree. I thought the "English Disciple" (to borrow your phrase) was really interested/attracted to Emily and that's why he volunteered to keep tabs on her. Maybe he has the potential to be a character of some gravitas.

I'm surprised I was looking forward to watching it and got right back into it. A lot of times if a show is off for awhile I lose interest in it and stop watching - not the case here.

by Anonymousreply 3110/02/2012

Fuck Jack. I'm all about the Australian guy who rescued Emily in tonight's ep.

by Anonymousreply 3210/07/2012

Jack's too short to be perfect. Daniel's hotter just because he's full man-sized.

by Anonymousreply 3310/07/2012

I have to agree with R33.

The guy who plays Jack is BEAUTIFUL, but he's too short.

The only one he towers over is Declan.

Which I think is why that actor was cast.

by Anonymousreply 3410/08/2012

This season is too much talk and not enough Revenge-season 1 stuff.

:(

by Anonymousreply 3510/08/2012

Aack, I loved the episode - R35, I think now that Victoria is back in the limelight she'll be back in her proper place at the head of the Hamptoms, pissing Emily off, and the show can go back to being more "Revenge"-y.

I couldn't stop looking at Madeleine Stowe's wrinkled hands contrasted with her rubbery-smooth face.

I wasn't a fan of the ditzy-acting accountant (who's supposed to be a love interest for Nolan? Say it ain't so) - the show being what it is, though, she'll probably turn out to have a secret agenda and be a bitch in disguise.

Still a fan of the hottie English guy - he's like a taller, bulkier Daniel. And I'm hoping the white-haired man is well and truly dead - he's been sticking around too long, and I couldn't believe Emily was willing to deal with her father's killer.

by Anonymousreply 3610/09/2012

Oh, and why is Declan SOOOO stupid? "Wow, there's nothing suspicious about a rich preppie kid giving me stolen jewelry and cash to 'hold on to it' for him. What could possibly go wrong?"

Though Emily seems to have left her brains at the door tonight too - "my father's killer has already tried to kill me once, but I'm going to let him in and not have anything on me to defend myself."

by Anonymousreply 3710/09/2012

[quote] I couldn't believe Emily was willing to deal with her father's killer.

When you are on a path of revenge you get into bed with the most strangest fellows ('the enemy of your enemy is your friend' type of thing). Emily clearly wanted to have some info about her mother and her whereabouts.

[quote]Oh, and why is Declan SOOOO stupid?

Greed and desperation makes you do stupid things, like responding to a total stranger who introduces himself to you via email as Nigerian royal who needs your help. Declan needs money for his school and find his own place now that faux Emily is pregnant with his big brother's seed. At this point he must think 'well, I have come across pretty much every jerk there is at the Hamptons so this one may be finally legit!'.

by Anonymousreply 3810/09/2012

R38, perhaps, but perhaps not.

The last time Ems and the WHM interacted they'd had a knockdown drag out fight in which she almost killed him.

Did she really think that they'd just chat over Em's mom?

No.

And Declan IS a moron.

He has no use for any rich people; he's been burned by the Graysons, Charlotte and Adam and his bully pals.

He should instinctively reject this guy asking him to hold jewelry.

I'm disappointed in this season. I know they have to set things up, but watching Emily drive around, back and forth to the cabin and going to see Charlotte...WHO CARES?

She has the info from Nolan to expose the Graysons.

What is she waiting for?

by Anonymousreply 3910/09/2012

I hate the pretense that keeps Emily from killing people "Your father wouldn't approve!" It keeps the story from progressing and it doesn't allow the viewer to get some much deserved payoff. I really would have preferred for Emily to be the one who killed the White-Haired Man, not the British assassin. He was hers to kill. I love this show, but if Emily doesn't rack up at least one kill this season then it's going to be a little implausible. She came here for REVENGE. They MURDERED her father....an EYE for an EYE.

More "Kill Bill", less "Terms of Endearment".

by Anonymousreply 4010/13/2012

I couldn't care less about the Porter brothers, Ashley and Fauxmanda. One or more of these characters needs to die. Preferably in a gruesome manner.

I have a feeling Victoria is not going to approve of Ashley dating her beloved son and heir. If she looked down on millionaire Emily then pauper Ashley is really not up to snuff. Hopefully Victoria will eliminate Ashley or at least banish her from the Hamptons for good.

by Anonymousreply 4110/13/2012

R41, it's not like either Conrad or Victoria really approve of Ashley - Conrad just keeps her around to spy on his son (and it's hinted he's sleeping with her at the same time) - he obviously doesn't thinks he's "worthy" of his son, but that she's useful for the time being. And Ashley obviously has no loyalty to Daniel.

I agree that they need to cut out a subplot or two, especially regarding the brothers - yes, your bar is in trouble just like last season, we get it. Now that they don't have much interaction with the "main" family (Declan isn't dating Charlotte, Emily isn't really focused on either Jack or Daniel at the moment), it's harder to justify spending time on their plots independently.

by Anonymousreply 4210/13/2012

r42, different strings and characters for different viewer groups.

by Anonymousreply 4310/13/2012

I think the main reason for having the brothers on the show is to have a "working class" family to contrast the extravagance of characters like the Graysons. I don't mind that, but I just wish they'd give them something more interesting than what they did. Fauxmanda is annoying and ruins Jack's storyline also.

by Anonymousreply 4410/13/2012

R43, yeah, I get that... it's just that Declan's and Jack's string isn't particularly compelling on its own. It's the same situation they were in last year, and the characters themselves are nice but incredibly dim. They don't hold a candle to the machinations and plotting of the Graysons (even a "dim" character like Daniel can be sharp and surprising at times).

Maybe it's a slow build to the mid-season "cliffhanger" (the sunken boat), but that plotline needs a bit more interest than random preppie number 24 coming in to ruin their lives, or Jack worrying about paying the bills for the baby.

by Anonymousreply 4510/13/2012

Fauxamanda was more interesting unpregant.She used to be more sexy than Real Amanda until they gave her a makeover (she still is dire need of a nose job)...

A even younger Amanda is playing scenes JJL (they made no attempt to make her look younger)which leads me to believe she will be found dead...

I'm not liking this season at all...

by Anonymousreply 4610/13/2012

ITA, r45. I think the problem is that the writers use them as side characters and don't put much thought into their story. Understandably the bulk of their creative efforts goes into Emily and the Graysons who are incredibly intricate and dynamic, especially for a major network. Seeing how well written the Graysons are only makes the low quality of the Porter brothers storyline even more stark in contrast.

It would have been much more interesting if they made Declan, for example, a more devious character. They should have taken the Tyler and Declan characters and blended them into one, making Declan a grifter who's on the make. He should have been going after Charlotte for her $600 Million trust fund, not because of puppy love. One is storyline is compelling, the other trite and boring.

by Anonymousreply 4710/13/2012

I like Declan the grifter going after Charolotte for her money while in reality being more obsessed with Daniel...(seducing her while imagining her brother Daniel chained to his bed...)

Seriously though, like the show, and am not anti-soap, but I have always hated the pregnancy of someone else getting in the way of true love. Also, just don't see any big connection between Amanda and Jack. I actually think it worked better when she was conflicted by a real attraction to Daniel. I thought they had better chemistry, and while Daniel can be a boring character, I think the actor has more charisma.

by Anonymousreply 4810/13/2012

Why is Emily VC's face so bloated? Is that a bulimia thing?

by Anonymousreply 4910/13/2012

r49, some people just have rounded 'babyfaces'. It's a pretty standard face type.

by Anonymousreply 5010/13/2012

The Grayson children were boring for the first 2/3rds of the first season. They were written as saccharine sweet and made people wonder how such perfect children could have been raised by such monsters. But then the writers smartened up and started adding dark layers to both Daniel and Charlotte.

Daniel's drive to live up to the Grayson legacy through deception and ruthlessness and Charlotte's descent into drug abuse and self hatred added so much to the characters. There was no way that Conrad and Victoria's wickedness couldn't fuck up their children. I like the fucked up Daniel and Charlotte much better.

by Anonymousreply 5110/13/2012

R50, thankth.

by Anonymousreply 5210/13/2012

r50 - That's not a normal "baby face." It's puffed up noticeably since last season to the point of distraction. She's like Jack Skellington.

by Anonymousreply 5310/13/2012

[quote]Why did Jack fall out of love with Fauxmanda over the summer?

When the dog died, Jack realized he had a stronger connection to "Emily".

by Anonymousreply 5410/13/2012

A Teen Wolf Dad shows up on Revenge? A dream come true.

by Anonymousreply 5510/14/2012

by Anonymousreply 5610/14/2012

Declan is a little cutie. I bet he's one of those little twinks with the huge cocks.

by Anonymousreply 5710/14/2012

They really aren't holding back, these plotlines are moving fast.

I actually feel bad for "Amanda" watching "Emily" emotionally manipulate her so unfairly. But I am okay with that, I always liked this show because the protagonist was unabashedly dark.

Not sure how I feel about Aussie guy. So Japanese sensei runs a revenge school for rich kids who have been fucked over by the Initiative? Alright I guess.

by Anonymousreply 5810/15/2012

And Nolan has been de-gayed??? If they are going there with the romance with the boring CFO I cry foul. She's obviously a set up for the Initative.

by Anonymousreply 5910/15/2012

Nolan has never been gay R59, they made the fact that he was bisexual painstakingly clear, even clarified it on the Kinsey scale.

by Anonymousreply 6010/15/2012

I'm fairly new to the show and I have a few questions I hope one of you will be kind enough to answer. Thanks in advance.

- So Charlotte is Amanda's sister which really makes her Emily's sister. Is this really true and how was it revealed?

- How do Emily and Nolan know each other? Is there some deeper connection that has already been established or is this a future reveal? I ask because of the way her stumbled when trying to explain her to the CFO.

by Anonymousreply 6110/15/2012

Second seasons of prime time soaps used to have a second season character intro that really energized the show. (Alexis, Abby, Richard Channing or the elevation of Sue Ellen to a regular)... will "Revenge" have one?

by Anonymousreply 6210/15/2012

Charlotte is David Clarke's daughter from what we have been told, I actually don't even remember how it came out. So yes, she is Emily's half-sister as far as we know.

Emily's Dad invested in Nolan's start-up back when he was in college and no one else wanted to give him money. After her Dad died Nolan is the one that found Emily and gave her David Clark's 49% ownership of his company which is how she has her money (he also gave her all her Dad's journals about what happened which started the whole Revenge plotline).

by Anonymousreply 6310/15/2012

I'm waiting for Emily to take action and I'm impatient.

Apparently, the Graysons are getting a pass till Ems can find her mother and apparently Victoria is the only (really?) person who can give her that info.

The way it looks now, Ems will find out in every finale: "Wait! The Graysons also killed one of your third cousins!"

Emily: "Next season, I'll really get my Revenge!"

Don't get me wrong; I'm the biggest fan of the show. I just want Season 2 to be as good as or better than Season 1.

The title may be hampering them. Is it too late to rename the show:"Bitches in the Hamptons?"

by Anonymousreply 6410/15/2012

Last night's episode was not as good as the frst two of the seasson. Jack, however, looked yummy in his green, Old Navy tank top.

Was the guy who Declan was with when he robbed the house the son of the guy who came to the bar the next day with Dec's driver's license?

by Anonymousreply 6510/15/2012

Is the baby Jack's?

by Anonymousreply 6610/15/2012

[quote]Was the guy who Declan was with when he robbed the house the son of the guy who came to the bar the next day with Dec's driver's license?

No, he was the rich guy who persuaded Declan to hold on to the expensive watch(?) or something last episode. It's not clear how they made the jump to him suddenly breaking into houses, but it's Declan, so I don't really care about his subplot anyway.

by Anonymousreply 6710/15/2012

Victoria so knows that Emily is Amanda. I mean, you think the White Haired Guy did not discuss that with her?? She kind of gave it away in that talk with Charlotte.

And for you R61, we're all **bisexual**, right, ROLLS EYES>

by Anonymousreply 6810/15/2012

Thanks R63. So when Nolan hesitated with "She's my, my, my.... Emily" it was really about her being his silent business partner.

by Anonymousreply 6910/15/2012

R68, I think you meant R60. And I also suspect Victoria knows.

by Anonymousreply 7010/15/2012

R69, it was also meant as a humorous commentary on the weirdness of trying to define their relationship, in public or not - he helps her do "revenge-y" stuff with his technical knowledge, and she usually treats him as a friend.

I liked this episode - I was kind of surprised that Emily was so willing to push Fauxmanda the Graysons' way and manipulate her about the baby, even though she knows the baby is really Jack's. And I like Aiden(?)'s counterpoint to Amanda - more on her level than Jack or Daniel, and he has his own revenge agenda which both makes him similar to her but also puts him at odds with her. And the actor (Barry Sloane?) is still a hottie.

I also thought the father guy (yay Mr. Argent from Teen Wolf) of the house that was robbed is actually the father of Declan's preppie accomplice - the way he brought up Jack doing a "favor" in return for him not pressing charges made it seem like it was a setup to put Jack and Declan in his debt.

by Anonymousreply 7110/15/2012

R66, the baby is Jack's really, but Emily (Real Amanda) told Amanda (Real Emily) that it wasn't, and that she'd done Amanda a favor by fixing the results so that she could fool Jack.

On other stuff: I don't think Victoria knows that Emily is the real Amanda Clarke; I don't think she'd have been able to resist using that knowledge already.

And I was also totally WTF about how Declan jumped from holding a stolen bracelet for that guy to burglarizing with him. Maybe the writers just didn't try and explain it because they couldn't, because it's such total fuckery. (I do tend to agree that I don't really care what Declan does, though.)

by Anonymousreply 7210/15/2012

I am hoping it's Declan at the bottom of the boat.

and they can bring on a younger hunkier less annoying kid whom Jack can play big brother to.

I like their dynamic but Declan's snorting and wanting and 'life isn't fair' attitude are a turn off.

He's the Diana Fairgate of REVENGE

by Anonymousreply 7310/15/2012

[quote] the baby is Jack's really, but Emily (Real Amanda) told Amanda (Real Emily) that it wasn't, Was it actually revealed that the baby really IS Jack's? I remember Amanda and Emily on the phone where she just says Sorry and only little more. Was it actually shown what the result of the test truly was?

by Anonymousreply 7410/15/2012

R74, I think your question got included with the quote, but yes, I think at some point in the previous episode Nolan (whom Emily had asked to "fix" the results, if necessary) indicated that the baby really was Jack's in a phone conversation with Emily.

by Anonymousreply 7510/15/2012

They need to lose the CFO. She wandered in from an NBC sitcom and is completely out of place. The weak bantering, pseudo fliration and 'Hot for Teacher' bun and glasses seem to belong to another show.

I don't get the whole Declan storyline and where it's going.

Victoria's scene with the family pre-press conference was amazing. Madeline Stowe nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 7610/16/2012

I love the show but it's veered off course.

Why was Emily so casually chatting with the White Haired Man when they'd been in a near death battle at the end of season 1?

Was she really surprised that he tried to kill her again?

I wasn't.

How stupid is Declan that he's falling for this stranger who's asking him to hang onto jewelry and break into houses?

Why, if Declan is so broke, does he keep talking about moving out?

Jack and Amanda have a free babysitter in him; tho I wouldn't let him water my plants.

A blocked car kept Emily hanging around Grayson manor? REALLY a blocked car? She used to devise such intricate schemes to manipulate them all.

by Anonymousreply 7710/16/2012

R77, the blocked car in the driveway didn't bother me because it was the flimsiest of pretenses but Ashley didn't know Emily had been banned so it was good enough for her.

Also, the White Haired Man pacified her by discussing her mother and then moved in for the kill. If it hadn't been for the mom talk, I think she would have been ready.

I thought the same thing as R64 about Emily eventually running out of immediate family members to avenge. It reminds me of the miniseries LACE and how a critic joked that in LACE III, Phoebe Cates was going to snarl, 'Which one of you bitches is my hairdresser?'

by Anonymousreply 7810/16/2012

Amanda's mom and the White Hair Guy being romantically involved reminds me of the Falcon Crest story plot that went nowhere when that creepy asassin fell in love with Julia while pretending to be her doctor in that season about the Nazi treasure hunt.

by Anonymousreply 7910/16/2012

Jennifer Jason Leigh needs to start being in this show a lot more!

by Anonymousreply 8010/16/2012

I'm confused about something.

Charlotte has been very close with Emily since late in the first season and I guess I thought that meant she knows that Emily is the real Amanda Clark and her half-sister.

But Charlotte doesn't know, right? Charlotte thinks the fake Amanda is her sister? So then how/why are Charlotte and Emily so tight? I can't remember.

by Anonymousreply 8110/16/2012

R81, Charlotte thinks of Emily almost as a sister - older girl around her age who lives next door and is always helpful to her (and who was engaged to her brother, remember - so they were almost sisters by marriage). The break-up with Daniel doesn't seem to have changed that.

by Anonymousreply 8210/16/2012

The problem with shows built around a concept is that it's hard to stick to the original concept as the show's seasons progresses. Everyone is waiting for Emily to get revenge on the Graysons but the whole problem is, if she does get revenge then there will be no show. I don't know how they plan to rectify this without the audience eventually losing interest.

by Anonymousreply 8310/18/2012

A revenge fuck seems in order. Too bad it's not in cable.

by Anonymousreply 8410/19/2012

R83 nails it.

it's too bad. I love the show, love the characters.

by Anonymousreply 8510/19/2012

[quote] they made the fact that he was bisexual painstakingly clear, even clarified it on the Kinsey scale.

And it could've been bullshit. Lots of gay people claim to be bi as a way of stepping halfway out of the closet. I've done it. I didn't believe he was definitely bi until he confirmed it in tonight's episode. I won't consider it a de-gaying unless he ends up with a long-term girlfriend or married to a woman. In the old days, all gay characters either turned straight or died by the end of the movie. So Nolan has to end up with a man by the end of the series, it'd be too convenient for the writers to use his bisexuality as an excuse to do the old "turn straight or die" thing.

by Anonymousreply 8610/21/2012

I love that Barry Sloane guy who plays the Aussie dude. He's a total babe.

by Anonymousreply 8710/21/2012

The Aussie is a fucking idiot. Anyone would have known not to turn their back on what's-her-name Clark.

by Anonymousreply 8810/22/2012

What are you doing, posting potential spoilers in the main body of the original post, OP? You should post that inside the thread.

Some of us are behind and didn't know that Victoria may be dead

by Anonymousreply 8910/22/2012

Can't real Amanda find her mother AND seek Revenge. Its not like she has a job or anything..

by Anonymousreply 9010/22/2012

I don't get it, is the British chick now fucking both Daniel AND his father?

by Anonymousreply 9110/22/2012

i think so. Hope season 3 will be who killed Ashley in a grease fire...

by Anonymousreply 9210/22/2012

Daniel and the Aussie guy are hot. I had to laugh at Jack and his brother Declan being the same height when they talked to each other in the hospital.

I love the twists and turns (the guy from Teen Wolf scheming to get Jack's bar - could the arm that is found with the sunken ship be his?).

Spoiler alert:

If rumors are true Nolan gets a male love interest, too and maybe having threesomes with Padma (the chick from Greek).

by Anonymousreply 9310/22/2012

I thought it was hilarious that the ONLY way they could find out what Victoria's signature looked like was to trick her into writing a check. You know, because there would otherwise be NOTHING existing with her signature on it.

I hope Daniel hasn't really forgiven Ashley because she needs to die -- and take Declan with her.

by Anonymousreply 9410/22/2012

ITA R94.

Something like that NEVER would have flown in Season 1.

I hope they recover. Fast.

by Anonymousreply 9510/22/2012

[quote]I thought it was hilarious that the ONLY way they could find out what Victoria's signature looked like was to trick her into writing a check. You know, because there would otherwise be NOTHING existing with her signature on it.

That was glaringly weak writing. Overall though I thought this episode was strongest one so far this season which has been a bit rough compared to the first.

by Anonymousreply 9610/22/2012

the old Revenge would have had Emily having an ulterior motive for wanting the check; the only person who might fall for that lame reason was Amanda.

by Anonymousreply 9710/22/2012

They didn't want Victoria's signature, they wanted her to write the word "Clarke." And they needed it not to be secretive because it was supposed to be coming from Fauxmanda who isn't all that bright and she needed to be able to confront Victoria with the evidence.

by Anonymousreply 9810/22/2012

Yeah what r98 said, but honestly, this show's always been totally ridiculous, in a wonderful way, so I'm not looking to split hairs. We're up to how many comas now?

by Anonymousreply 9910/22/2012

I didn't like this episode as much as previous ones - it just seemed a bit disjointed and not going anywhere. The Aussie (though I think the actor is English) continues to be the most interesting part of the new season for me - so hot, and I like him more as a counterpoint to Emily than I ever liked Jack or Daniel. But yeah, sometimes he does dumb stuff, like turning his back on Amanda's mom.

I'm not really digging the female CFO as a love interest for Nolan - too giggly and girly. Let's face it, Nolan likes to be dominated by strong personalities (which was why it was fun to see Tyler seduce him). I guess the CFO's discovery at the end of the episode was that David Clarke helped Nolan out?

Also, I'm not sure where the storyline surrounding the mother is supposed to go - so Emily now knows she's alive, that she's mentally unbalanced and tried to kill her when she was a kid. It's kind of like, okay, story's done, nothing that can be done about that - move on with your life, Emily.

Most remarkable part of this episode? Definitely Emily's boobs on full display and falling out of that dress. Even Fauxmanda's strip club co-workers were dressed more modestly.

by Anonymousreply 10010/23/2012

So how is it that the police were not on the scene at the Grayson's? It was called in as an accident. Wouldn't they automatically be dispatched?

And what's going on with Jen Jason Leigh's mouth? It looks like it's sliding off the bottom of her face.

by Anonymousreply 10110/23/2012

If my daughter really loved me she'd have a gun on Victoria and Victoria would say, 'So, you're really Amanda Clarke, the real one. Well, if you shoot me then you'll never learn...'

BANG!

by Anonymousreply 10210/23/2012

Priceless

by Anonymousreply 10310/23/2012

Regarding the CFO's discovery of the plaque at the end: I think we were supposed to notice the signature. It looked like David Clarke's signature matched the one in the hospital visitor's log.

by Anonymousreply 10410/23/2012

I think that CFO is not to be trusted. She's seems fishy to me and she stole a key or something off her boss's table. She could be a spy for the greysons.

by Anonymousreply 10610/24/2012

I wonder if Padma lost someone in that plane crash Amanda's dad was framed for and now Padma is on her own path of ... revenge (ruining everybody who had contact with Amanda's dad including her own boss)?

by Anonymousreply 10710/24/2012

The more involved Emily gets with Aidan (and the more I grow to like his character), the more I fear they're going to have her fall in love with him again but then kill him off at the end of the season, so that Emily will have a renewed motivation for "revenge" and go after the "Initiative" in later seasons.

I think that'd suck, because:

1. I don't give a shit about the "Initiative" and some conspiracy-type shadow organization - Revenge is at its best in icy glares over cocktails at lawn parties, not chasing after terrorist agents in deserted parking garages.

2. I like Aidan's character and his dynamic with Emily (hot, protective, but not entirely trustworthy, with that past relationship tension mixed in), and it'd be nice if she had something good in her life (though I guess Nolan is supposed to be her stable presence).

by Anonymousreply 10810/24/2012

She certainly looks fishy, R106.

by Anonymousreply 10910/24/2012

Didn't the samething happen to Victoria's best friend(except it was a high rise apartment instead of a balcony inside a mansion)?

Speaking of the best friend..is she dead for real this time?

by Anonymousreply 11010/24/2012

She was on the plane so I guess she is. Apparently it really crashed.

We don't know if the kid is Jacks in my mind. Nolan asked Em and she said she told Fauxmanda that the baby wasn't. Then NOLAN said something about the baby being Jacks and Fauxmanda not knowing. Emily then didn't say anything. So that could mean something or nothing, I'm not sure.

by Anonymousreply 11110/28/2012

I just don't like that they put Nolan with some chick. Keep him on the gay side.

by Anonymousreply 11210/28/2012

I follow the show on Facebook and for the 2nd week in a row they spoiled the show with a picture they put out.

ABC pissed some people off.

by Anonymousreply 11310/28/2012

Based on the first season and a half, we can guess that Victoria's ex-best friend played by Amber Valletta was injured in the plane crash, but is in some hospital somewhere in a coma.

by Anonymousreply 11410/28/2012

Since pregnant Amanda is in a coma, we can assume they are hospital roommates, R114?

by Anonymousreply 11510/28/2012

We need a "fire at La Mirage" cliffhanger ending this season where fake Amanda/real Emily goes crazy, lights candles upstairs in the bar, the bar catches on fire, and at the end we hear the fire chief say, "There are two bodies in there." Then, first episode next season, we learn it was Ashley and Padma killed in the fire. Daniel, tired of being dicked around by the women in his life, turns to Nolan for comfort!

by Anonymousreply 11610/28/2012

R113, I work in entertainment journalism and am finding that shows and actors (especially on Twitter) are giving more and more away.

Giving it away is giving it away.

by Anonymousreply 11710/28/2012

R114, yes, Amber V's character has bounced back from worse.

by Anonymousreply 11810/28/2012

I like the story lines in the second season so far. It's some of the details that bother me. Last week Fauxmanda was in a coma after falling down from second floor and this week she is completely fine? Even in the Revenge universe that's hard to swallow. The CFO of Nolan's company is a miscast. As a story line I can live with the character. But leaving the control of finances to an early twen? I just cannot get past that. That girl and Ashley over at Grayson makes me just feel disconnected to the whole show.

by Anonymousreply 11910/29/2012

I want to see Declan and Ashley fall in love. And run away together (never to be seen or heard from again.)

If size matters in TV - let Jack have some strapping [bold]big[/bold] brother he never knew he had show up.

by Anonymousreply 12010/29/2012

I hope the Graysons' Hamptons beach house doesn't get destroyed by Sandy!

Or maybe this is part of Emily's revenge!

by Anonymousreply 12110/29/2012

Emily IS Sandy!...Dun dun dun!

by Anonymousreply 12210/30/2012

Nice to know that a pregnant woman can fall over backwards from a second story balcony onto a hard stone floor and crack her head open and yet not suffer any lasting harm to either herself or her baby.

by Anonymousreply 12310/30/2012

R123, to say nothing of how yelling at Victoria propelled her over into a back flip that was worthy of Shawn Johnson.

by Anonymousreply 12410/30/2012

I thought Nolan was gay, why is he hooking up with that CFO (and I agree with R119, Padma and Ashley are way too young).

I wish Real Amanda would speak up and stop with the girly-whisper-cutie voice. I can hardly hear what she's saying. FauxAmanda's so trashy.

by Anonymousreply 12510/30/2012

Overall she might not have been the right choice for the character, but I still think that opening scene when Kara Clark does the slo-mo walk toward Victory to embrace her and say "I'm so glad you're safe" would have been much more powerful and fun if Sharon Stone was playing the part.

by Anonymousreply 12610/30/2012

Nolan had previously claimed to be bi r125, but most of us hoped it was just a cover story. The important thing is he doesn't end up with a woman, as if he'd been "straightened out." Too convenient pandering to the homophobes in the audience. Don't introduce a queer character if you aren't willing to alienate the homophobes.

by Anonymousreply 12710/31/2012

Would homophobes be watching anything as campy as [italic]Revenge[/italic]?

by Anonymousreply 12810/31/2012

If it weren't for Madelene Stowe's best Joan Collins imitations I would really be losing my patience. Fauxmanda's recovery? Puhleeze. Logically she and the baby should be dead. Even, so, a real soap would keep her in a coma for another few weeks. (This is after we buy into the whole plane crash thingy, by the way, which was VERY Dynasty so that was okay, but don't push it!)

And Nolan being bi? Puhleeeeeze. Even his flames have flames.

by Anonymousreply 12910/31/2012

Actors don't like to play coma. They feel it limits their range.

by Anonymousreply 13010/31/2012

Nolan, to Emily and her Aussie date: "Hello Emms...and Mr. Bond..."

by Anonymousreply 13111/04/2012

Nolan has some good lines.

by Anonymousreply 13211/04/2012

Notice Jack's haircut? Much better.

by Anonymousreply 13311/04/2012

Nolan at the wedding reminded me of James Spader in Pretty in Pink.

by Anonymousreply 13411/04/2012

[quote]The important thing is he doesn't end up with a woman, as if he'd been "straightened out." Don't introduce a queer character if you aren't willing to alienate the homophobes

That reasoning is absurd. Nolan is bisexual, a kinsey 3 specifically. If he ends up with a girl that isn't pandering or straightening him out. He is still a "queer" character.

Now if all his love interests are females from here on out I could get the complaining, but spoilers already tell us that isn't the case.

Interesting to see how many people have trouble accepting a male bisexual character. That is why I love Nolan, male bisexual characters are the rarest thing on TV, glad that Revenge introduced one and is following through on him being bi.

by Anonymousreply 13511/04/2012

Bi's are far safer than gay characters, and if he does end up with a woman the straight audience will consider him "reformed" and straight now. Even if he's technically still queer, straights would see what they want to see, get real.

by Anonymousreply 13611/04/2012

"straight audience will consider him reformed"

Or he was sick, and now he's getting better!

by Anonymousreply 13711/04/2012

My GUESS is that Kara (is the writer a Superman fan?) knows Emily is Amanda and will end up saving her at just the right moment.

by Anonymousreply 13811/05/2012

I'm really liking JJL I hope they do something good with her. Remind me why is she living with the Graysons? Clearly Victoria thought she was going to be murdered by her. I think that is good enough reason to kick her out...

Nolan is looking his age this season...

I also like FauxAmanda when she said if he messes with my family again I will take care of it MY way it was so cool. She may be trashy but it is i9n a positive way...

How is the show doing in the ratings? even if its a better show I don't think its a good replacement for DH...

by Anonymousreply 13911/06/2012

JJL seems like she takes three too many pain pills every morning.

by Anonymousreply 14011/06/2012

Her character may be on some pills. I hated JJL on Weeds, found her terribly annoying. But here on Revenge I find her a great addition.

I think she stays at the Grayson house to have her under control. That's what the Graysons do. The ones they fear the most get invitations to stay.

by Anonymousreply 14111/07/2012

I've always liked Jennifer Jason Leigh, but now it bothers me looking at her enhanced lips.

by Anonymousreply 14211/10/2012

Of course Kara knows Emily is her daughter. She knew it the second she laid eyes on her. But she knew better than to say anything.

Revenge was #20 in last week's ratings. A bit better than DH in its last two years but not even close to DH's best seasons. It's second in its time slot, behind Sunday Night Football but ahead of The Good Wife.

by Anonymousreply 14311/10/2012

R143, I'm glad the ratings are still positive, even though going up against SNF must suck.

I finally caught up on the last two episodes, and thought they were a marked improvement from the first part of the season - now the plot's moving along at a pretty quick pace, there are lots of plot strands opening up (possibility of Grayson Corp. taking over Nolan's company, Mason Treadwell discovering Emily Thorne, etc.) I wasn't a big fan of JJL at first, but she really brought on the creepy in interacting with Victoria, and I like their dynamic.

I'm also glad they're "reforming" Emily a bit and having her treat Amanda a bit better with the baby, and having her mother affirm her central "goodness". Also it seems like they're trying to take Ashley's character in a different direction and give her a backstory, so hopefully she's more interesting. I still have little use for Declan, though he's more tolerable paired with Charlotte.

Looking forward to what the season brings (I was getting concerned for a bit).

by Anonymousreply 14411/10/2012

JJL is brilliant! So good to have her creepy weirdness back on the screen after what seems like a long quiet spell.

by Anonymousreply 14511/10/2012

No comments about Sunday's show? What did you think about the strange commericals? Previews look like they are trying to turn this show into DH...

by Anonymousreply 14611/12/2012

"This one time, at revenge camp..." LOL!

The previews seemed to show Nolan kissing a guy. Fingers crossed.

by Anonymousreply 14711/12/2012

What the fucking fuck was with the Neiman Marcus/Target commercials?! That was a bit too close to jumping the shark for me.

by Anonymousreply 14811/12/2012

Those ads were truly awful.

Anyway, I do find it amusing that at stately Grayson Manor, apparently anyone can drive up and come in without security stopping them or notifying the house.

The whole Grayson owning Nolan's company is really lazy writing. Grayson would have to produce an iron-clad contract AND prove that David Clarke pilfered Grayson funds to give to Nolan.

by Anonymousreply 14911/12/2012

You could tell the actors were forced to do the ads. I quit watching after the third did Real Amanda and Victoria appear? Victoria wearing something from Target???

by Anonymousreply 15011/12/2012

No, neither of the main stars appear to have been forced to appear.

The nearest Neiman Marcus to Montauk is in a mall in Deer Park, Long Island, about 80 miles away. I suspect that's a tad too downmarket for the Graysons. [But then this is a show where people arrested in Suffolk County are held at Rikers.] I can't even imagine where the nearest dark alley and warehouse concert venue are.

by Anonymousreply 15111/12/2012

Just dawned on me: were the dresses in the ads (that were admittedly very pretty) designed by Narciso Rodriguez? That would seem to have been the whole point of name-dropping him in the episode.

by Anonymousreply 15211/12/2012

Of course they were forced to do it. So they whored themselves out to Neiman Marcus, you gotta do what you gotta do. Next time they try it just ignore it like you would any other commercial. I usually get back on my computer during the commercial breaks. It might've helped if at least the song at the party was any good.

Jennifer Jason Leigh has lost her looks but now she looks even more like her father, Vic Morrow. The lip thing everyone is complaining about definitely comes from her father. And her acting always reminded me of him too. They were estranged when he was beheaded on the set of Twilight Zone the movie in the early 80s. I once looked for any interview were she discusses him and never found one. She can pretend he never existed, but he is living through her, she's still her father's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 15311/12/2012

[quote] She can pretend he never existed, but he is living through her, she's still her father's daughter.

I don't thing she's pretending he never existed. She and her sister received a large settlement from the producers of the Twilight Zone, and she's probably being very careful about not discussing that.

by Anonymousreply 15411/12/2012

As if Nolan, Mr. Fashion Label, would shop at Target.

by Anonymousreply 15511/12/2012

I don't think she has lost her looks. She looks the same just older...

by Anonymousreply 15611/12/2012

She was never great looking, but she was cuter when she was younger.

by Anonymousreply 15711/12/2012

I too thought they'd have the balls and keep Nolan sucking the dick.

But it is ABC, after all.

Still love the show.

LOVE LOVE Daniel Grayson. The hottest, most fuckable guy on tv. The fact he's British is better.

I like Amanda. I love her for the show's story to progress.

But, can someone PLEASE answer me this: why are Amanda and Jack struggling so much financially? Wasn't it revealed last season that Jack KNEW Amanda had $5 million and deposited it in a bank in Montreal? Couldn't Emily (EVC) give Amanda some cash on the side so they can actually live in an apartment? In previous episodes, it was no big deal that Nolan gave him tens of thousands of dollars, Declan getting at least a 20K free ride to school, etc.

The point is: if the writers feel those storylines are acceptable, then why is Amanda so poor?

by Anonymousreply 15811/12/2012

Has there ever been an explanation how Emily came to know the Japanese guy who lead "revenge camp"? Was it in the box her dad left her? That's always bothered me more than the other soap elements. She's been in juvie forever and somehow she hooks up with this japanese guy who teaches her martial arts and the psychology behind it and VOILA!

by Anonymousreply 15911/12/2012

r158, did you catch the preview? Looks like Nolan is kissing a guy in his office.

by Anonymousreply 16011/12/2012

Solid episode last night. There are certainly numerous plot holes, but it's still an entertaining show.

by Anonymousreply 16111/12/2012

I feel like I'd enjoy the show more if I had any idea what Emily is trying to accomplish beyond "revenge." She hardly even seems to have a goal this season. And how was her plan to marry Daniel supposed to pan out anyway?

by Anonymousreply 16211/12/2012

Exactly, R162. I think the only reason Leo Mason went to jail was to get away from all the poor plotting.

by Anonymousreply 16311/12/2012

It is a nighttime soap, a certain degree of implausibility goes with the territory. It's the price of it also being such campy fun.

by Anonymousreply 16411/12/2012

I think that Jennifer Jason Leigh's character is a bit of a letdown. JJL is a great actress, but I thought the character was going to be very different. She gives the impression she's half awake.

by Anonymousreply 16511/12/2012

If I was writing it the mother wouldn't have appeared yet, but I might have created a crazy aunt - mother's sister - to enter the picture for a while and wreak havoc. She could cause all kinds of trouble for the Graysons and also thwart Emily's plans.

by Anonymousreply 16611/12/2012

Is there anyone who doesn't think the father is alive?

by Anonymousreply 16711/12/2012

Just caught the episode on Hulu - the Target / Neiman Marcus ads were truly cringe-inducing, but hey, they definitely left an impression, which is what I guess they were going for.

The episode itself was just out there (in a good way) - the Mason Treadwell plot was a bit too crazy and poorly plotted even for this show, though. Like, she's going to confess her true identity to him, then persuade him to confess to terrorism and spend time in jail? What happens if she dies (which isn't unlikely in the line of work she's pursuing) - then he'll be stuck in there forever.

And Nolan agreeing to give up his multi-billion dollar company on the remote chance it'll help keep Emily safe - what? That doesn't make any sense.

Still, seeing JJL holding Victoria and Conrad at gunpoint, seeing Victoria give Emily the most dismissive nod ever when accepting her wedding gift, and finally having hottie Aiden get it on - there's a reason I stlil tune in every week.

by Anonymousreply 16811/13/2012

This show needs more Declan!

by Anonymousreply 16911/13/2012

TARGET ADS = FAIL

by Anonymousreply 17011/13/2012

can someone PLEASE answer my question:

At one point, Fauxmanda had $5 million that she put in a Montreal bank. Jack KNEW she had the $$.

It was the $$ that Emily (the real Amanda) gave her.

SO....why are Fauxmanda and Jack living in poverty? Why doesn't she get an apt so she doesn't have to raise a baby in a bar? Jack accepted $$ from Nolan for the boat, the Graysons for Declan's education....

Makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 17111/13/2012

bump for answer

by Anonymousreply 17211/13/2012

R171/2, no one's purposefully ignoring you. We're not answering because we don't know, because it was never addressed on the show. The show seems to have forgotten about the money, presumably because it suits the writers more to have the "drama" of Jack struggling for money. He has to be struggling for money so that he could get drawn into a shady deal with the guy he's now in "partnership" with, that we all know will end up turning out badly.

Sometimes writers on shows like this ignore stuff they've done before because it no longer suits their plot purposes. And sometimes they just forget it, amongst all the convoluted plotting. It could be either of those in this case.

by Anonymousreply 17311/13/2012

thanks r173, but, while I enjoy the show, I think that is lazier writing than all of Helena Cassadine's escapades on GH. The point being: exactly how much reality do the writers wants the viewer to ignore?

It makes no sense why Jack hasn't asked Amanda, after surviving a fall, to get some of her $$ so they can live in a nice house without mold. LOL

by Anonymousreply 17411/13/2012

Totally not arguing with you, R174. It is lazy. I've noticed quite a lot of that this season, to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 17511/13/2012

I wonder how much those actors got the target ads.

Musta been a crapload.

Meanwhile, the song writer on NASHVILLE won't let his song be used in a commercial.

Anyone who says Money doesn't make a difference is either a fool or a liar.

by Anonymousreply 17611/13/2012

I had better be in a fucking coma somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 17711/13/2012

The Target/Neiman Marcus ads were a tie-in with the show itself. Like the old days when a show would have the star say "sponsored by Kraft" or whatever, holding the product, and work the cast into a little commercial. Sure it's cheesy, but anything that brings in revenue for the show helps keep it on the air. The cast appeared either because they were forced or were simply being team players, I doubt the money they got paid for it was the draw.

I'm sure that song from Nashville is awful, as country music is in general. And give up your dream of Nashville replacing 666, Revenge's target audience is urban and has no interest in that hick show.

by Anonymousreply 17811/13/2012

With 666 Park Avenue cancelled it's time for Revenge to bring on Vanessa Williams as Ashley's mother.

by Anonymousreply 17911/16/2012

Is that a new dude that Nolan is kissing in the preview for the next episode?

by Anonymousreply 18011/19/2012

yeah, R180, he looks like EJ Bonila (sp?) who used to be on Guiding Light.

by Anonymousreply 18111/20/2012

Loving Aiden. Looking forward to tonight's show. Flashback time.

by Anonymousreply 18211/25/2012

OMG - ADRIEN FUCKING DOUBLE 'D' BARBEAU IS VICTORIA'S MOTHER!!!

by Anonymousreply 18311/25/2012

Oops, I mean 'ADRIENNE'

Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 18411/25/2012

I'm pretty sure Gabriel Mann is family. Not only is he 40 and never been married but last night's episode reinforced he has much better sexual chemistry with men than women.

Still not sure how I am feeling about this show this season. I am still watching it but more out of habit that a strong desire to see what is happening next. Last night's episode was more entertaining than most of them this season have been, but still.

by Anonymousreply 18511/26/2012

Love some of the attempts at character insight, but it never seems to dig deep enough.

Am I wrong in thinking that the guy in the flashback was a little too young to have sons in their apparent 40s? He looked like he was 40 himself in 2006.

Aiden is a better match for Emily than either Jack or Daniel and much more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 18611/26/2012

Bring on the bisexual triangle!

by Anonymousreply 18711/26/2012

One of the better episodes this season. Nothing really progressed but perfect setup for new characters and plot points.

by Anonymousreply 18811/26/2012

The season so far is horrible!

by Anonymousreply 18911/26/2012

I kind of agree, R189. I watched the first season over the course of a weekend, basically, and I was so hooked and just wanted to keep finding out what was going to happen next. Now, it just seems so soap opera-ish, and I seem to lose track of what happened the week before. Maybe this is the type of show you need to marathon watch.

by Anonymousreply 19011/26/2012

I wouldn't call it bad yet, but it is inferior to the first season. Loved last night's show because it showed promise for future episodes.

And I want Aiden.

by Anonymousreply 19111/26/2012

I find that so many shows that I've discovered late and watched in a weekend marathon on Netflix seem much better watched back-to-back rather than waiting a full week.

Revenge, Downton Abbey, Friday Night Lights, the Borgias all fit into this.

by Anonymousreply 19211/26/2012

I think the show went downhill last season after Daniel arrested for Tyler's murder.

I really believe this show should be ten episodes per season with everything taking place each summer in the Hamptons.

by Anonymousreply 19311/28/2012

I love how ruthless Victoria was to her mother. Her childhood explains how she became so cold and calculating. Young Vicky reminds me of Charlotte.

by Anonymousreply 19411/28/2012

The ratings sunk. Hopefully it will bounce back for the winter finale.

by Anonymousreply 19511/28/2012

So Victoria hasn't seen her mother in 35 years but still feels the need to set her up as a patsy, and Conrad buys into it? Just silly.

And the casting for the two women in the flashbacks could not have been worse. Neither of them looked anything like their supposed counterpart at all.

by Anonymousreply 19611/28/2012

While I agree that the second season isn't quite as good as the first, I like that the show now involves multiple people getting revenge against others for past slights, rather than just one person against many. And I love that my boyfriend Nolan got a kiss on Sunday, even if he got dumped.

by Anonymousreply 19711/28/2012

[quote]So Victoria hasn't seen her mother in 35 years but still feels the need to set her up as a patsy, and Conrad buys into it? Just silly.

It totally agree. Bad, silly soap opera writing.

It would have been evil enough -- and believable and crueler -- if Victoria plunged a knife in a REAL relationship.

Although when I saw them, I thought, "There is no way a guy who looks that good would be with that old hag."

by Anonymousreply 19811/28/2012

Can someone give me an synopsis of what's happening? I didn't catch all of last episode, and haven't been watching that closely today. Who are these thugs with Jack? Why is the taller one so hot? Why is Daniel so mean? What's up with Nolan and his corporation? Can Nolan grow his hair back out? He doesn't have the ears for shorter hair.

by Anonymousreply 19912/02/2012

Oops, 'a' synopsis... don't want to invoke the 'oh dear' troll(s).

by Anonymousreply 20012/02/2012

How come no one is ever shirtless anymore?

by Anonymousreply 20112/02/2012

Daniel was shirtless in tonight's episode.

by Anonymousreply 20212/02/2012

Tonight's episode was better. Although, the "initiative" aspect does not do the show any favors.

by Anonymousreply 20312/02/2012

The show is boring and spinning its wheels at this point. Aidan is a cipher, the Kara Clarke storyline went absolutely nowhere, and the Initiative is so over the top silly and so poor explained that it's impossible to care about it. At this point I wish they'd just get back to the takedown of the week because at least that was fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 20412/02/2012

Poor Ashley, poor stupid, ambitious Ashley.

It's a pity to see Joaquim de Almeida losing his looks. He was so handsome in [italic]Welcome to Babylon[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 20512/03/2012

I want to see more of Marco. A lot more.

by Anonymousreply 20612/06/2012

This show no longer makes any sense.

Emily pushing for Grayson to get half the company?

Ur, that would be HER half and mean she wasn't entitled to any money.

by Anonymousreply 20712/06/2012

R207, Emily already took her half in cash and ran (that's what Nolan's CFO ex-bf noted and dumped him over). Grayson is getting 51% of Nolan's share (which was the whole remaining company after she took her money.) But it sounds like Nolan still has something up his sleeve.

by Anonymousreply 20812/06/2012

R208: I understood all that, but she is leaving herself open to a lawsuit to recover all that money. Plus, in real life, she would have pissed off Nolan so much he would certainly not be friends with her.

by Anonymousreply 20912/06/2012

I agree Nolan would be mad in real life, but Revenge ain't real life. Plus, he was worth $19.8 billion before "losing" 51%, so he's still got plenty of change.

by Anonymousreply 21012/06/2012

I still enjoy the series but the bar subplot is terrible, no one cares.

And that scene with the members of the Initiave watching Daniel? Pure Sydney Bristow, SD-6 shit.

by Anonymousreply 21112/06/2012

I'm FF'ing anything to do with Jack and Declan, too. I watch Revenge to see rich people, not some Gilmore Girls rejects.

by Anonymousreply 21312/06/2012

I desperately want to ignore that Jack and Declan stuff too but suspect it will tie into "Amanda" some way. I'm afraid of not knowing what's going on when the plotlines converge.

by Anonymousreply 21412/06/2012

The Initiative is to Revenge what the Initiative was to Buffy.

Fucking ridiculous.

GET BACK TO BASICS and bring back my favorite show!!

by Anonymousreply 21512/06/2012

The actor who plays Jacks has zero presence, but next to the actor who plays his brother, he is Hugh Jackman.

by Anonymousreply 21612/06/2012

The guy playing Nolan's ex is bland as hell.

by Anonymousreply 21712/06/2012

r217: He is fugly, too.

by Anonymousreply 21812/06/2012

It was an inevitable problem R215. The show started off about a girl seeking Revenge against a specific group of people. That should only last one season. So to be a multiseason show they have to create these ridiculous plotlines. The problem is this isn't the show viewers signed up for.

I actually think the guy that plays Jack does well, his plotlines just tend to suck. The guy that plays Declan is a weak actor though.

by Anonymousreply 21912/06/2012

I wanna smack Mike Kelley and the writers for veering so off course with this show.

I did enjoy Victoria slapping hubby and he asked "What was that for?" and she replied "Take your pick." That was good.

by Anonymousreply 22012/10/2012

The idea of pouty frat boy Daniel taking over a major company (doing whatever it is that they do) is so ludicrous that it borders on camp. Next I'm expecting Alexis Carrington to stroll into the board room and announce "I now own Grayson Global!!"

by Anonymousreply 22112/10/2012

Not killing Daniel was a mistake.

Aiden is perfect for Emily and sooo much better than Daniel and Jack that I'm worried he will be the body on the boat, instead of one of those thugs from the bar.

by Anonymousreply 22212/11/2012

[quote] I did enjoy Victoria slapping hubby and he asked "What was that for?" and she replied "Take your pick."

Yeah that was fun. And believable. 20 year olds becoming CFO or CEO of companies, not so much. But at least Daniel grew some backbone this season. Last season he was merely everybody's doormat.

by Anonymousreply 22312/12/2012

This show sucks! Don't know what happened, but it's gone off the fucking rails.

Until The Walking Dead returns, I'm back to watching Seth mania on Fox.

Both of his shows suck too, but at least I'll get a few laughs from them.

by Anonymousreply 22412/18/2012

I forget - does Victoria know that Emily = real Amanda?

Marco's sudden interest in rekindling with Nolan came out of nowhere. How could Nolan not be suspicious? At least there were no scenes with the insipid woman he's dating.

by Anonymousreply 22501/06/2013

Pretty good return episode, but the breaks on these shows completely kill momentum.

by Anonymousreply 22601/06/2013

That "initiative" woman is such a cliche moustache-twirling villain. Her scenes completely take me out of the show.

by Anonymousreply 22701/07/2013

Any thoughts on tonight's episode? The bar-sub plot doesn't get any more interesting. It's escalating and I still don't care. It was ridiculous that they spend several scenes explaining why Emily must notbe involved in that pot. Because if she knew the plot could be done in 10 minutes. Just end it already.

On another notte, I want to see Marco shirtless. Love that little nerd.

by Anonymousreply 22801/14/2013

R225, Victoria most definitely does *not* know that Emily is the real Amanda.

Agreed that these long breaks are getting old, and I'm still missing last season's format where Emily would pick a name from her dad's burn list and take him down. Also, it's getting increasingly stupid that the characters ostensibly live in the Hamptons and yet spend nearly all of their daylight hours in Manhattan. (That said, considering every major character is a billionaire, it's not at all unfeasible that they'd just charter a chopper ride straight back to the beach.)

Also getting old: Nolan and his "girlfriend." Worse, he's being semi-stalked by an ex-bf who's frankly pretty fugly. I want to see him get it on with hot hustlers like last season!

by Anonymousreply 22901/14/2013

I watch, but I really don't know what's going on anymore.

by Anonymousreply 23001/14/2013

r229 - I don't think Marco's fug. I was hoping he'd get rid of the "girlfriend" and twirl off with Nolan, but it looks like he's just being set up to be collateral damage. Bet he'll be offed by the GF and Nolan won't find out until too late.

by Anonymousreply 23101/14/2013

No, Marco will stick around. Lots of negative blowback from viewers about making Nolan bi. Expect Padma to die a bloody and well-deserved death.

by Anonymousreply 23201/14/2013

I used to live for this show, but it fucking sucks this year. I can barely even make it through the episodes most weeks. If it doesn't turn around soon it's gonna end up dropping off my DVR.

by Anonymousreply 23301/14/2013

Agreed. De-gaying Nolan was a dealbreaker.

Last year watching Victoria push Fauzmanda off the balcony was great, but then I expected to see her head cracked open on the hard marble surface. But instead what do we get? She gets a bandaid and a healthy baby. And loses the baby fat in about 8 minutes.

Puhleeeeze.

by Anonymousreply 23401/14/2013

Daniel shirtless next week. I can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 23501/14/2013

Did they really "de-gay" Nolan? I was actually hoping they would represent him as a bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 23601/15/2013

I agree that the writing has been week this season, but in fairness to continuity, they did have Nolan state explicitly that he was a "Kinsey 3" last year.

by Anonymousreply 23701/15/2013

^weak! Damn you iPhone!

The character of Helen Crowley and that woman who plays her had such potential for camp greatness. Wasted.

by Anonymousreply 23801/15/2013

I don't really understand how Helen Crowley fits into the storyline. Or even the drug guys. I'd re-watch some episodes if I was still really invested in the show.

by Anonymousreply 23901/15/2013

It has been obvious that the writers/creator had no overall plan after season 1.

by Anonymousreply 24001/15/2013

Helen Crowley is the head of the organization, the "Initiative", that brought down the plane and blackmailed the Graysons into framing David Clarke for it. The Initiative also kidnapped Aiden's sister or something. We still don't know any more than that.

by Anonymousreply 24101/15/2013

Oh - okay - thanks, R241. If I'm going to watch the show, then I guess I should pay better attention. Or at least read some recap sites...

by Anonymousreply 24201/15/2013

I disagree, r.240, the writers clearly had a plan for season 1 but I don't think they ever assumed the series would be successful or renewed so they are floundering around for season 2.

by Anonymousreply 24301/15/2013

I think that's what R240 said.

by Anonymousreply 24401/15/2013

If the writers had a plan for Season 2, it's not working. I find myself getting really bored with the show. The Initiative storyline is awful. The more the show goes on, the more I'm convinced the premise really was just for one season.

by Anonymousreply 24501/15/2013

I absolutely hate Wendy Crewson as Helen Crowley. She's unrelentingly awful. Faye Dunaway would have been much more right to play her.

by Anonymousreply 24601/16/2013

Gabriel Mann (Nolan) just tweeted that the episode they've just started shooting is being directed by none other than Oscar nominee for The Sessions, Helen Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 24701/21/2013

The show is hitting season lows, ratings wise.

I've stopped watching.

by Anonymousreply 24801/21/2013

It should be hitting lows. The Initiative storyline is uninteresting and clunky. No one buys Daniel as a corporate mogul. And NO ONE cares about the bar on the boondocks.

by Anonymousreply 24901/21/2013

What happened to Emily's mother. I forgot

by Anonymousreply 25001/21/2013

What is that Ashley Mekalekahai-Mekaheihieho chick doing back?

by Anonymousreply 25101/21/2013

And so now there are no new episodes until February. How many fans will still be tuning in?

The initial structure of the show (Emily going after the villain and Xing him off at the end of ach eepisode) has been lost to a miasma of uninteresting subplots and predictable twists.

They cram so much into these episodes to the detriment of the stars, as they don't really have a chance to develop and we therefore lose interest in them as characters. They are all in reaction mode 24/7 and there's no love anywhere.

I would say they need to bring in a whole new staff of writers who can streamline the show and steer it back to the original promise of its original premise.

by Anonymousreply 25201/21/2013

I couldn't agree more, R252. I think Daniel should have been killed off last season, sending the storylines spinning and making the show live up to its fucking title. Everything since Daniel was arrested last season has been an unmitigated disaster.

by Anonymousreply 25301/21/2013

It has gotten so dreary that I don't even get irritated when Declan has a scene.

Would still eat every inch of Aiden with a caviar spoon however. Guy drives me crazy.

They really need to make an effort to turn this show around. [italic]Especially[/italic] with the frequent breaks in airing new shows.

Really hot and cold show. So terrific last season, so astounding dull this season.

by Anonymousreply 25401/21/2013

While I agree it's become unwieldy, I do like that now Aidan may become and enemy and seek revenge on our star. The show is best when it's focused on actual revenge rather than some bullshit at a bar run by poor people no one cares about.

And I cherish every screen moment of poor Nolan, to whom I want to make sweet, pouty love.

by Anonymousreply 25501/23/2013

Nolan's GOT to stop wearing those polo shirts over a collar shirt, though.

by Anonymousreply 25601/23/2013

R256, I think it has become a joke with the costumers/cast. They stuff as many shirts on him at one time as they can get away with. At one time a few episodes ago, it looked like he had four shirts on.

by Anonymousreply 25701/23/2013

I'm surprised they're not making me wear four bags over my head.

by Anonymousreply 25801/24/2013

The show disappeared constantly last season too, remember when it disappeared for the American Idol finales, which seemed to drag on for months? I agree the plot is getting convoluted, but I'm still enjoying it and I don't mind the bar stuff either, certainly not as much others seem to. It's intertwining with the Graysons' storyline, so what's the big deal? r255 makes me think there's some elitism involved.

Btw, it's a lock to get a 3rd season, so there's about 30 episodes left no matter what, a little ratings dip now isn't going to change that. Plenty of time to resolve issues and tie up storylines.

by Anonymousreply 25901/24/2013

R259, it's not elitism as much as a desire for escapism. I watch Revenge to see fabulous billionaires in their lovely mansions in the Hamptons and jetting about in private jets. I don't want to see mildly retarded Declan in the bar he is always about to lose.

by Anonymousreply 26001/24/2013

If you bitches had supported me, perhaps the more interesting "Ringer" would have stayed on the air.

by Anonymousreply 26101/24/2013

Another young looking 40 yr old....jim parsons

by Anonymousreply 26201/28/2013

Another young looking 40 yr old....jim parsons

by Anonymousreply 26301/28/2013

Well, at least they got the message. With the dumb bar-story wrapped up last time I guess they really try to get the show back to basics. Next task: Kill Ashley.

by Anonymousreply 26402/03/2013

That article makes it sound as if they're going to try to tie up the storyline in a way that will tie up the series in case its canceled.

by Anonymousreply 26502/04/2013

There is no "in case it's cancelled", Tv By The Numbers predicts certain renewal.

by Anonymousreply 26602/04/2013

Loved when Victoria shot Helen. I actually cheered.

by Anonymousreply 26702/11/2013

It was as though Victoria were wresting control of her own show back from terrible plotlines.

by Anonymousreply 26802/11/2013

It did seem that way, R268, didn't it? It was like, "let's just shoot this storyline, already."

by Anonymousreply 26902/11/2013

I bet Victoria is tapped to replace Helen (by extortion or some other coercion). Wouldn't that be something.

by Anonymousreply 27002/11/2013

Bump for the diligent person that started a new thread because he/she seemingly can't be bothered to do a search.

by Anonymousreply 27102/17/2013

I did do one, R271/bitch. I guess the mobile version is somewhat limited. So eat my shit and die, honey.

Victoria's line about the "unseasonably hot weather" was stupid. Labor Day weekend is in early September. It's more filthy hot in early-mid September in NY (even out in the Hamptons) than it is in June. Dumb mistake.

by Anonymousreply 27202/17/2013

That's all you have to say about tonight's episode? That a throw-away line may not be entirely accurate?

Aaaanyway... great episode. Victoria is coming back to normal. She got the best lines again tonight, except maybe the one mentioned above. Some sweep-month worthy fights, struggles and deaths. And the bar-story with those revengeous brothers that never fit into the show has finally been... uh ...killed. And I am happy to see Burn Gorman. Great actor , here appropriately camping it up.

by Anonymousreply 27302/18/2013

What happened with Fauxmanda? I had a Nyquil night, and slept through most of the last half hour, but woke up to see Realmanda crying over Fauxmanda's dead body?

by Anonymousreply 27402/18/2013

In answer to your question r.250, they realized Jennifer Jason Leigh can't really act and brought no new viewers so she was written out. Now if they can just get rid of Ashley...

by Anonymousreply 27502/18/2013

Fauxmanda died!! I am so pissed!! I thought the creator said she was a survivor and would be around a while to cause trouble!! Damn it! She was my fav!

by Anonymousreply 27602/18/2013

I haven't watched since around the 3rd episode of the 2nd season, but I clicked to ABC during GOOD WIFE commercials last night.

Did the scenes Victoria was in take place in some alternate timeframe? Her face looked so strange, almost unrecognizable, and everyone's skin looked kind of orange.

by Anonymousreply 27702/18/2013

Ashley didn't look that great yesterday, either the make-up was neglected or they didn't use the right light. Eitherway for me the first hint that she is on her way out too.

by Anonymousreply 27802/18/2013

Last night was so ridiculously campy it was delicious! I loved the cheesy CGI of Emily and Nolan on their speedboat.

I started liking Fauxmanda so I was sorry to see her go.

by Anonymousreply 27902/18/2013

The lighting overall was really weird and the CGI was awful.

by Anonymousreply 28002/18/2013

This show is going nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 28102/18/2013

I just adore this show. Kind of like a more vicious Dawson's Creek for adults. I started Season 1 recently on Netflix and then caught up via iTunes. Has anyone started a web site/blog yet for Victoria's one-liners? Love her dialogue!

by Anonymousreply 28202/18/2013

Can you imagine Queen Victoria and the Dowager Countess trading barbs? Gay heaven.

by Anonymousreply 28302/18/2013

That was the kind of soap opera fun I want.

by Anonymousreply 28402/18/2013

I finally like Fauxmanda this episode and she's gone. At least that storyline's over.

Was Danny always a squish-faced little runt, or did he just get ugly this season?

by Anonymousreply 28502/18/2013

R281 It's been going nowhere since the first episode this season. This is a show that should have lasted only as many episodes as Amanda needed to get her revenge and realize that revenge isn't particularly satisfying. They've been dragging it into irrelevance the entire second season.

by Anonymousreply 28602/18/2013

You're thinking too hard. Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you.

by Anonymousreply 28702/18/2013

Revenge went off track when it became Alias Lite. I wish the Initiative remained an unused idea.

by Anonymousreply 28802/18/2013

Yeah, the show was fun when it was about Emily vs. the Graysons. As soon as they introduced the Initiative it became a big snooze.

by Anonymousreply 28902/18/2013

Did they ever reveal the mystery body floating in the water?

by Anonymousreply 29002/19/2013

Kinda yes. Last Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 29102/19/2013

So, how exactly did Fauxmanda get killed?

by Anonymousreply 29202/19/2013

Fauxmanda and Jack were being held hostage on Jack's boat by the younger, less-hot Ryan brother. Jack got shot and Fauxmanda put him on a raft and sent him away. Emily and Nolan were in a speedboat (a la Meryl Streep and Michael Ontkean in POSTCARDS FROM THE EDGE) and they found Jack. Emily sent Nolan back with Jack to take him in the hospital and used the motor on the raft to get to Jack's boat. She fought with Ryan Bro and she and Fauxmanda overcame him and thought they had killed him. (Fauxmanda had done something with the engine so gas and water were seeping in to the bottom of the boat where they left Ryan Bro. Emily got in the raft and Faux was about to get in but left her special necklace behind. As she went back to get it, she looked down below and saw Ryan Bro was alive and getting ready to light a lighter and blow up the boat. She yelled for Emily to protect herself right before the explosion. Emily awoke in the water, found a piece of the raft and then found Faux and hauled her aboard but, it was too late, she was bleeding profusely and died in Emily's arms. Emily held on to her long enough but then let her slide in to the water. So the body the diver found in the first episode is Faux's.

by Anonymousreply 29302/19/2013

Thanks, R293. Sounds like I missed a good episode!

by Anonymousreply 29402/19/2013

No, the body the diver found is the the bad guy - it was still in the boat wreckage; EMily let Fauxmanda's body slip away after they;d been floating around for a while. I suspect Fauxmanda's body disappearing is very important to Emily, since a recovered body might mean DNA that proves the corpse ISN'T Amanda Clark.

by Anonymousreply 29502/19/2013

This is about Season One: but I was just wondering, did anyone else cry like a baby when the dog died? I knew it was coming, but when Jack and Amanda were saying goodbye to the dog by the fireplace.. I started SOBBING. Something about the way the actors were playing the scene, too.

by Anonymousreply 29602/19/2013

It's as if they're hitting the reset button on this show with all these deaths. Maybe the producers realized they needed to pull it back in.

by Anonymousreply 29702/20/2013

I think the producers got the note to bring the show back to the basics of the first season, but alas, they have the same problem that led them to bring in the Initiative.

Emily has the goods to bring down the Graysons; she needs to blow them out of the water (no pun intended).

She held off when it turned out her mother was alive, but that storyline (and casting) was a dud. Jennifer J.L. looked like Em's older (strung out) sister, not her mom.

So what is Emily waiting for? Broadcast the Grayson's most evil recorded deeds and conversations on youtube and see who shows up to Vicky's parties then!

Of course, once Em does that then the show is over.

They're really in a pickle.

by Anonymousreply 29802/20/2013

Wasn't Jennifer Jason Leigh supposed to be a huge character this season? Her storyline was sort of nothing. Are they planning on bringing her back this season?

by Anonymousreply 29902/20/2013

This season is so much better than last season.

by Anonymousreply 30002/20/2013

[quote]This is about Season One: but I was just wondering, did anyone else cry like a baby when the dog died? I knew it was coming, but when Jack and Amanda were saying goodbye to the dog by the fireplace.. I started SOBBING. Something about the way the actors were playing the scene, too.

Oh, hell yes. So far nothing this season has approached that level.

by Anonymousreply 30202/20/2013

I bet Jennifer Jason Leigh was a HUGE pain the ass to work with, so they wrote her out.

by Anonymousreply 30302/20/2013

R301 I agree with you.

In Season 1, the characters were over-the-top (in a good way).

In Season 2, they are cartoonish (and not in a good way).

by Anonymousreply 30402/20/2013

I am always a sap when a dog dies, but it went from the most youthful looking 15 plus year old dog to looking its age in about a day. Emily and Jack making out over the body also took me a bit out of the scene.

by Anonymousreply 30502/20/2013

Sorry r.295, but the body the diver found IS Fauxmanda's. They make a point of showing that the hand has a wedding ring on it. Fauxmanda just got married and the less-hot Ryan bro was not.

by Anonymousreply 30602/22/2013

No, the less-hot bro had a wedding ring too. All three on the boat had one.

I still regret that they didn't bring William Devane back. He was a badass with an attitude. What grandfather talks his granddaughter out of getting therapy for his own benefit? Loved it. I wonder what the point was to introduce him for two episodes if they then never even mention him ever again. Maybe he asked for too much money?

by Anonymousreply 30702/22/2013

[quote]Ashley didn't look that great yesterday, either the make-up was neglected or they didn't use the right light. Eitherway for me the first hint that she is on her way out too.

All she seems to do on the show is get asked to leave the room whenever the important folks have to have a chat. She's ALWAYS on her way out, so she may as well go for good.

I didn't care for Fauxamanda for a long time, but she started to grow on me and be one of my favorite characters on the show, I'm not happy about what happened to her, wasn't expecting it, but they did give her a good ending scene, she was basically a good hearted person which is why Emily was so broken up. I do want Emily to go back to some serious revenge seeking like in the early part of Season 1.

by Anonymousreply 30802/24/2013

I loved Fauxmanda, only in the last two episodes. But when she died, I cried. And it was kind of embarrassing since the show is so OVER THE TOP, and not in a good way.

Nolan is a fucking joke right now. Seriously. Who the fuck do the PTB on that show think watches it? Gays and their flock (80% hags). For him to teeter between his sexuality is beyond ludicrous. Dump the girl. She's a big bore.

The Graysons. Once my most favorite evil duo. But when Connie said in his sour puss 24/7 face to Victoria: "with pleasure" and then beat the shit out of her for their plan with the "Initiative" I knew I was gonna check out. I mean, it didn't work on Alias. It was Buffy's weakest season. And it certainly lessened the effect this show has on pop culture.

Maybe they think because we're allowing the Tea Party to rule the country, we're just that dumb to keep watching a bad show.

The producers need to re-set the whole thing. Dump the Aussie. He's of no use to any plot since his sis is dead (and she better stay dead).

And the mocha twig? Why?

by Anonymousreply 30902/24/2013

Mocha twig? Who or what is that?

by Anonymousreply 31002/25/2013

R309, where did you get that he's an Aussie? He's a Brit.

by Anonymousreply 31102/28/2013

Madeline Stowe is on CNN with Dr. Oz who's sitting-in for Piers Morgan.

by Anonymousreply 31203/01/2013

Helen Cunt can't direct traffic. This episode was bad. The scene in the bar with Daniel and Victoria had a bizarre overhead shot that made no sense.

by Anonymousreply 31303/10/2013

What, no reaction to Sunday's episode?

by Anonymousreply 31403/12/2013

This Sunday wasn't very exciting. It's obvious they are using some time after the sweeps to save some money and give the viewers some time to digest what happened last time. Lots of rehash stuff. Watching Dallas on Monday and Revenge yesterday I'm done with TV funerals for a while. I hope the next actor leaving one of my shows just vanishes.

by Anonymousreply 31503/13/2013

I'm still following the show, but Nolan is about to put me over the edge. He must be the biggest bottom in the history of TV. He actually said "I'm the world's pawn... just waiting to see who's going to move me next." Mary!

by Anonymousreply 31603/13/2013

r316, lol!

I'm actually liking the way the writers are getting out of bad situations.

Fauxmanda's death was moving.

The Graysons are getting back to form with this past episode.

But if I didn't laugh my ass off thinking how lame a network prime time (!) show would sink to Port Charles levels of tackiness. And yes, I'm talking about Conrad's "announcement" of his candidacy for governor of one of the most populous urban centers in the world...at a DOCK.

by Anonymousreply 31703/13/2013

Didn't care much for Eli, the character or the actor playing him. If they're trying to go for a Six Degrees of Separation vibe with him they're bombing.

I do like Emily and Aiden's modest little retreat, however.

by Anonymousreply 31803/18/2013

So what is the shocking ending next week? Wo is the secret bad guy? I say jack sprat

by Anonymousreply 31903/18/2013

"I do like Emily and Aiden's modest little retreat, however."

I LOVED how Nolan said, "So, this is where Aiden-san waxes off, huh?" Best line of the week.

by Anonymousreply 32003/20/2013

ABC really killed this show. The ratings are awful.

by Anonymousreply 32103/20/2013

I thought the last show was worthy of Season 1.

by Anonymousreply 32203/20/2013

The last episode was a little better because it actually got back to the Emily vs. the Graysons dynamic. Everything involving the Initiative has been a big snooze. Also, Daniel was likable when he was supposed to be kind of a dimwitted good guy, but playing clever and conniving is beyond Josh Bowman's range.

by Anonymousreply 32303/20/2013

I do not like the foster brother storyline.

by Anonymousreply 32403/20/2013

Isn't foster brother just another fauxAmanda, ie interloper coming in who knows her secret?

by Anonymousreply 32503/20/2013

I find it almost a chore to get through the whole hour these days. What the hell did they do to this show?!?!?!

by Anonymousreply 32603/23/2013

r326, it's fairly simple - it was a concept that had no legitimate long-term potential, which was clear with the piss poor planning going into Season 2. I'm still scratching my head as to the point of bringing in her mother and shoving her off after a couple episodes.

And ABC's horrific scheduling did not help. That also killed the ratings momentum for Once Upon a Time.

by Anonymousreply 32703/23/2013

I agree R327, but still, you have to wonder that no one at the helm tried to at least make the storylines interesting in Season 2. The drop in quality has been precipitous.

by Anonymousreply 32803/23/2013

Did anybody else notice how Madeline Stowe staggered across the room in her high heels in that first scene? It made me giggle.

I wish Emily hugged her foster brother goodbye. He did try to make things right for her. OK, burning down the house and letting her take the blame for it wasn't so great but still.

Time for Nolan to turn back to the homosex-preferably with Victoria's newly revealed firstborn son. Oh wait. Could it be Aiden? Ugggh.

by Anonymousreply 32903/25/2013

I thought the last 5 mins were supposed to shock me.

by Anonymousreply 33003/25/2013

Barry Sloane is indeed hotter than fuck and I'm glad he's doing well in America, he was kinda underrated and underused in the UK. He was great on Hollyoaks as the psycho villain Niall.

I don't like the other English guy in this, I'm suspicious of people who come out of nowhere then appear in Hollywood.

But OMG what the hell is Jennifer Jason Leigh doing in this?! So sad to see her slumming it. :( Then again, still better than Margot at the Wedding.

by Anonymousreply 33103/25/2013

Ah, R331, you're watching this at UK pace, then? You're in for a run of some big-time stinker episodes but bear with it, it'll improve. Your countrywoman Ashley Madekwe (Ashley) recently appeared on a TV chat show here (The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson) and came across as something of a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 33203/25/2013

I've only seen bits of it R332 after hearing it was good but I'm not sure.

I did perk up when I randomly caught Barry Sloane and JJL in it though. I'm hopeless with TV shows, so many boxsets I have to get. :(

Sometimes the UK pace can be good, depending on the show and eventually catches up cause the episodes are all shown together weekly, think sometimes there are breaks between episodes in the US.

by Anonymousreply 33303/25/2013

So there was no new episode AGAIN this past Sunday? Hasn't ABC figured out by now they're killing the show by not showing all new episodes in a row?

by Anonymousreply 33404/16/2013

Mike Kelley won't be around for Season 3...if there even is another season.

Sounds like he is aware that stretching out the season with reruns and breaks is not good for maintaining viewer interest. He wanted the show to be a shorter season with no interruptions in schedule.

Of course that's not the only thing wrong with the program this year, but maybe they could tighten up the story and make it feel more like Season 1 if they weren't trying to come up with 22 episodes worth of story.

by Anonymousreply 33504/23/2013

ABC is obviously run by a bunch of morons. The scheduling is a nightmare in itself, but letting the creator go? The third season will be its last. A show with so much potential - what a shame.

by Anonymousreply 33604/23/2013

Very frustrating to wait weeks and weeks for a new episode. NASHVILLE has the same problem, but at least NASHVILLE is more likely to last several seasons because it isn't based on one idea like REVENGE is. I mean, can you see Emily taking revenge on people five years from now? Should have been a mini-series.

by Anonymousreply 33704/23/2013

I guessing that the ultimate resolution of "Revenge" will be the exposure and downfall of the Initiative.

by Anonymousreply 33804/23/2013

R338, I doubt it will even last that long.

Oh well, it was a fun show the first season.

by Anonymousreply 33904/23/2013

I don't understand how producers can't see into the future with shows like REVENGE...it is a concept that does not have longevity so why don't they put it out as a mini series? Same should have been done with RINGER. That was a fun show, but you knew from the start it couldn't last long.

666 PARK AVENUE could have had longevity and ABC didn't even give it a chance. It could have worked if they did it along the lines of FANTASY ISLAND or LOVE BOAT with different guest stars each week.

But I love the character of Victoria Grayson and I will miss her when she is gone. She reminds me of when Donna Love was a villain on ANOTHER WORLD.

by Anonymousreply 34004/23/2013

Why exactly won't networks adopt a cable-like structure for certain shows? There is certainly no shortage of pilots, so why not give half the season to one show and half to a new one?

by Anonymousreply 34104/23/2013

I'm thinking if it is renewed, it will be for a short, final season.

LOVED the first season, and I'm fucking pissed!

by Anonymousreply 34204/23/2013

'Revenge' Creator Mike Kelley To Depart

ABC's soapy drama Revenge has not been officially renewed for a third season. But when it is, it will be without creator Mike Kelley at the helm. After serving as executive producer/showrunner for the first two seasons of the drama series, Kelley is stepping down from day-to-day responsibilities though he may stay on as a consultant. Kelley called the departure, which comes at the end of his current contract, "a difficult mutual decision" between him and Revenge producer ABC Studios.

by Anonymousreply 34304/23/2013

Too bad it was a network and not a cable show (could have had nudity!). I gave up on it early into season 2. Too bad, it was my favorite show last year.

by Anonymousreply 34404/23/2013

ABC just fired the showrunner.

Not happy with Season 2.

by Anonymousreply 34504/23/2013

I totally agree, R341. They should follow the British model in that some seasons are only 8 episodes

by Anonymousreply 34604/23/2013

Gabriel Mann is supposed to be on Watch What Happens Live tomorrow night with Andy Cohen.

Tweet Andy your questions about why the show sucks this season, why they gave Nolan a girlfriend when nobody wants that, and how replacing the showrunner might improve things.

by Anonymousreply 34704/24/2013

No comments? Can the last 2 weeks save this season?

by Anonymousreply 34804/29/2013

I still like it. I caught up last night. They killed the evil Fauxmanda and the unpopular Nolan girlfriend and I felt all of that would help the show.

I'm not liking how mean Jack has gotten toward Emily and Nolan.

by Anonymousreply 34904/29/2013

The entire Falcon storyline was a complete bust.

And although I like Gabriel Mann, am I the only one who thinks he overacts by a mile?

by Anonymousreply 35004/29/2013

Shirtless Daniel so I'm happy.

The Falcon thing went nowhere. I read one theory that Aiden was the Falcon which would have been much more interesting.

Looking forward to next week and more Victoria/Emily hissing.

by Anonymousreply 35104/29/2013

Have they cast Victoria's son?

by Anonymousreply 35204/30/2013

They killed Nolan's gf? Good. They need to stick to making him a gay.

by Anonymousreply 35304/30/2013

r350, complete overacting. The idea that we were supposed to believe Padma was this great love over which Nolan has been destroyed is laughable. Perhaps Gabriel was trying to match the heavy-handed writing.

by Anonymousreply 35404/30/2013

It is a campy show, R350 & 354. Mann, Stowe and Czerny seem to get this.

by Anonymousreply 35504/30/2013

I know this will be unpopular but I didn't mind Padma. Nolan had said he was bisexual when he told Daniel's roommate that on the orientation scale he was about a 6 or something like that.

Anyway, there are bisexuals out there who are not working toward facing who they are. I liked how Nolan was caught between a male and a female and neither of them was bitching about the other or calling Nolan names for being with a guy in the past and a girl in the present. I'm not sorry she's gone, though.

Because I like Nolan as a gay too.

by Anonymousreply 35604/30/2013

Likely it's Aiden, r352.

by Anonymousreply 35705/01/2013

Hopefully it's Ashley.

by Anonymousreply 35805/01/2013

I thought it could be Nolan. He mentioned in the last episode that he was a video game champion in 1988. He'd be around 15, right? Born in 1973? That's when Patrick was born.

by Anonymousreply 35905/03/2013

Ugh. That stupid Carrion plot needs to go away. I did love the delicious Emily/Victoria scenes.

by Anonymousreply 36005/05/2013

Ooh, everyone's being so [italic]mean[/italic] to Victoria.

by Anonymousreply 36105/06/2013

You can be my bodyguard, and I can be your Whitney.

Nolan has a crush on Aiden?

by Anonymousreply 36205/06/2013

I can't believe they killed Declan.

I thought they'll never do that after killing Carl Sr. and Fauxmanda.

I'm kind of glad. I never warmed to that actor. There was something annoying about him or his interpretation of the character.

by Anonymousreply 36305/13/2013

He was fine the last time we saw him We didn't see him die and no body. Victoria was REALLY pissed her daughter was pregnant by him...

by Anonymousreply 36405/13/2013

I hope for Conor Paolo's sake Declan's not dead. I mean, it's not like he can take the train in and go back to the UES.

by Anonymousreply 36505/13/2013

Good point, R264.

But I hope you're wrong.

by Anonymousreply 36605/13/2013

Oops, I meant good point R364.

by Anonymousreply 36705/13/2013

I really hope he IS dead. Not because I have anything against the actor or the character but because having him really be alive would be such a lame plot twist. In fact, the show did the exact same thing in last year's finale when Victoria "died" in the plane crash.

by Anonymousreply 36805/13/2013

Watched first hour on the ON DEMAND function.. Part 2 of the season finale is not up yet... not that it makes much difference. I have no idea what is going on. So many commercials and you can't FF through them if you watch ON DEMAND

by Anonymousreply 36905/13/2013

That's what so great about a dvr, dear...

by Anonymousreply 37005/13/2013

That was a pretty good cliffhanger. Maybe next season will improve over this season's blahs.

by Anonymousreply 37105/14/2013

OH MY GOD! THEY KILLED DECLAN! YOU BASTARDS!

by Anonymousreply 37205/14/2013

that was an amazing finale! I can't wait until next season.

And I like that the PTB heeded true fans' issues with the show: they beautifully wrapped up the awful Initiative, got rid of annoying Declan, and made Madeline Stowe (once again) THE villain of the decade.

And kudos also to the acting chops of Conrad. What a vile cunt. Nice to now hate him.

More shots of the scarily hot Brit who plays Daniel Grayson. That bulge! That ass! Fucking beautiful.

Emily/Amanda--perfect this season. Hell, I'm even now tolerating Jack and Ashley.

Finally, it's ok that Mann overacts every scene. It gives the show its camp value.

by Anonymousreply 37305/14/2013

The actor who plays Declan is good in Stake Land Netflixhas it. I hope the kid ain't dead or gets another acting job

by Anonymousreply 37405/14/2013

Wow I messed up and opened this thread.

by Anonymousreply 37505/14/2013

Declan better be REALLY dead. He is an awful actor.

And Victoria is NOT the show's true villain; her husband is.

by Anonymousreply 37605/14/2013

agreed r376, but nobody plays a villain better than Madeline Stowe.

by Anonymousreply 37705/14/2013

I thought Conrad became much less interesting. After the reveal he was the big evil he was practically twirling a Snidely Whiplash mustache and came off more smug and insufferable in a not a love to hate sort of way. On the other hand, I thought they showed more shades of gray with Victoria.

I am not a huge Declan fan, but I thought he did a decent job on the sick/death bed. I am wondering if he is really dead-dead since they never showed him dying or the body. I am hoping he is dead and Jack leaves town to grieve (I know he won't). I am just not feeling Jack and Emily as some great love connection. Plus, while Jack is not hard on the eyes, he kind of bugs me.

Nolan - attractive guy and in good shape, but I think he looks more like a man close to his real age now (not in a bad way). Not sure if it is the hair cut or if the face just looks older, but there are times when I do think he looks close to 40, whereas last year I thought he barely looked 30.

by Anonymousreply 37805/14/2013

I think the actor who plays Aiden is really hot and sexy.

by Anonymousreply 37905/14/2013

Aiden reminds me of a really good gay porn star in a Kristen Bjorn video back when he made good videos..

Evil bitch deep down good Victoria rules..

Conrad should die soon...

by Anonymousreply 38005/15/2013

Conrad needs to be destroyed utterly, lose everything, thoroughly humilated and imprisoned for life.

by Anonymousreply 38105/15/2013

I enjoyed the finale, but I thought the treatment of the Initiative was inconsistent. It never really existed - just a loose network of business people? But it had an "inner circle" that Conrad could become part of and learn inside information about terrorist events? And how could the family lose all their money when it was taken from their "foundation", but then be able to "triple their money" based on knowledge of bombings, etc? How can you triple nothing?

I know, I waste my time trying to make this make sense. But I do.

by Anonymousreply 38205/15/2013

I'm surprised the finale did so horribly in the ratings. It was better than the show had been all season.

by Anonymousreply 38305/15/2013

They must have spend a lot of money to blow up that building..

Kinda strange they didn't show poor Charlotte's reaction to Declane's death...

by Anonymousreply 38405/15/2013

Stowe had some great acting in the season ending. Even Declan's las scenes were very well played. Emily's confession to Jack was pretty dull in contrast though. Hope they bring back some fun on cocktail parties with catty bitchery. Nolan's latest ordeal with the FBI doesn't interest me at all.

And finally: When Emily is doing the voice over who is she talking to? And why? Those voice overs are always useless and never add anything.

by Anonymousreply 38505/16/2013

I predict Charlotte will miscarry when she learns of Declan's death.

by Anonymousreply 38605/16/2013

Stowe has been the best part of the show this season. She plays her character well.

by Anonymousreply 38705/16/2013

Victoria seemed like she really did want Jack to shoot her.

I wasn't expecting the big reveal but I'm glad they got it done with.

by Anonymousreply 38805/16/2013

Jack lost both FauxAmanda and the wrongly disliked Declan? What was he doing at that building anyway? I hope Victoria has him a prisoner somewhere...

by Anonymousreply 38905/16/2013

I'm pissed!! They killed Fauxmanda now Declan! I liked him loving Charlotte. I now hate this show. The Emily Jack think its happening.

by Anonymousreply 39005/16/2013

So Charlotte couldn't make it to her dad's victory announcement because she was asleep? There should have been a shot of Victoria taking her phone out of the room because it would be ringing nonstop with people consoling her about Declan's death.

Why would Declan still be alive? What would be the point to that? His death is obviously being used as a plot device to unite Jack and Emily against the Graysons. Honestly, those of you who say that he could still be alive have watched too much Days of our Lives.

by Anonymousreply 39105/18/2013

R391, he's probably still alive. Body not shown = character not dead. They did it on this show with Victoria on the plane that got blown up.

RE: the finale generally, I thought it was entertaining and far, far better than the rest of the season. I think Emily and Jack will not last, though I'm wondering how they're going to make it happen.

by Anonymousreply 39205/18/2013

I'm done with this show, no Declan = no more show for me. He was the best part of the show.

by Anonymousreply 39305/18/2013

R389, exactly what I was thinking: Why was Dechlan at Grayson Global when it was closed?

by Anonymousreply 39405/18/2013

R393, if Declan was the best part of the show for you, then you must have hated this season...cuz they have hardly shown him.

by Anonymousreply 39505/18/2013

Victoria makes the whole show. Without her, I'd never watch.

I thought Nolan's best acting this season was when he told Jack that Declan was dead. Very real.

by Anonymousreply 39605/18/2013

Anyone else think the big breaks that Revenge took this season hurt the show -- i.e. made people lost interest?

In either March or April, Revenge wasn't shown for 3 or 4 weeks. Awards shows...whatever.

I just think it's hard to keep a huge fan base when you have so many weeks in which new episodes are not shown.

by Anonymousreply 39705/18/2013

About eight years ago (or so) ABC realized that Lost was losing viewership by taking several scattered breaks during the season for reruns or other programing. So the last 3 years of Lost were shown consecutively with no breaks (although with shortened seasons).

I thought ABC had learned the lesson from that experience, but with everything else since then they still take multiple breaks during the long seasons.

But according to a couple of articles I read during the past week when ABC announced cancellations and new replacement shows, they finally will schedule the serialized shows differently next season - and do it without cutting back on the total number of episodes.

They will have something equivalent to a fall season and a spring season with 12 new episodes of each show in a row without breaks. Then just one break of a few weeks in December/January.

Right now I can only find this attached article which mentions Once Upon a Time, Scandal, and Grey's Anatomy specifically getting that treatment. But in one of the others I'd read (and can't find now), I could swear I saw Revenge listed as one of the shows they will schedule this way. Like you say, r397, it certainly should be handled that way.

I mean that's not the only reason I lost interest in the program this season, but it certainly doesn't help when they are so scattered with when new episodes are put on.

Now it will be more like the cable TV dramas were you can count on a new episode every week.

at it's better to maintain viewer interest in shows with ongoing stories by running them consecutively without breaks or reruns

by Anonymousreply 39805/18/2013

That's great news, R398! Thank you for sharing...

And, yes, I do remember ABC doing the same thing (lots of big breaks) with Lost...and it annoyed me then. For me, Lost went from "How on earth could I miss it" to "Who the hell cares" by the end of Season 3.

ABC pulled this same shit with Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters. Really not very smart.

by Anonymousreply 39905/18/2013

I'm hoping that Victoria's long lost son, Patrick, is hot. At least half as hot as Daniel.

by Anonymousreply 40005/18/2013

I still love the show, but I admit season 2 was off. Most of the episodes were still good, but there were more than a few boring and convoluted ones. It picked up towards the end of the season, so hopefully they can get it together for season 3. It's crucial that they start airing it as r398 says, or it might not even get a forth season, the way the ratings are starting to drop.

by Anonymousreply 40105/18/2013

I think there will be big budget cuts next season. Fewer sets (the Grayson Global set was quite large and is now gone). They could save some salary by getting rid of Aiden, but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen, unfortunately. Ashley seems pretty useless too though there may be scope for she and Emanda to renew their friendship if she confides her secret.

by Anonymousreply 40205/18/2013

[quote]They must have spend a lot of money to blow up that building..

Are you serious? If you are - it was CGI.

My other main thought on Revenge at the moment: The actor who plays Jack is too short.

by Anonymousreply 40305/18/2013

I also call BULLSHIT to Emily saying "I think you knew deep down" to Jack re her being Amanda. Uhhh, he fucked and married a girl thinking she was Amanda.

by Anonymousreply 40405/18/2013

r403, funny you mention that. I have not read through this whole thread, but has anyone noticed the camera shots when Jack is in scenes with Emily where they are standing parallel? Clearly shot at a different angle because Jack is considerably taller when the camera cuts to him over Emily's shoulder. The opposite shot is jarring because then Jack becomes about an inch or so shorter.

by Anonymousreply 40505/18/2013

I thought that from back in Season 1, R405. He's just too damn short for her.

R392, Declan is dead. D-E-A-D. They already did a "return from the dead" storyline with Victoria and I think the only other time they do one it will be for Emily, Conrad, Jack, Daniel or Nolan. It would be a total waste to use it on Declan, who should have been eaten by a shark by the end of Season 1.

by Anonymousreply 40605/18/2013

R406, I certainly hope you're right. Declan was less bad this season--but only in proportion to how much less he was a part of the show compared to the first season. I hate the character and he was #1 on my list for who needs to go/who the show can afford to lose.

by Anonymousreply 40705/18/2013

R405, this pic gives a pretty good idea of how short Jack is. Keep in mind that Josh Bowman is rather short...

by Anonymousreply 40805/18/2013

Thank God Declan is dead. I was sick of that character ever since the first season. He resented his father so much for being a poor hard working breadwinner for his family that he was not sad in the least when his father died. Nor was he remorseful for the way he treated him before he had his heart attack. I despised that character so much

by Anonymousreply 40905/20/2013

It's funny that they made them all pose shirtless. I like a show that goes the extra mile to please the fans.

by Anonymousreply 41005/21/2013

I wonder if there will be a time jump between seasons. The season finale probably took place in November. Isn't it likely the season premiere will take place on Memorial Day weekend? Wouldn't Conrad have to be up in Albany if he's the governor?

by Anonymousreply 41105/21/2013

Remember that embarrassing infocommerical they made them do?

by Anonymousreply 41205/21/2013

they probably made so much money doing that infommercial; It must be great to luck into one big thing in hollywood and milk the commercials, endorsements and goody bags for as long a possible.

I thought Declan would be safe forever b/c the writers killed Jack's wife and father and his beloved Sammy.

But that actor played Declan like a whiny snot; did not see what Charlotte saw in Declan.

Maybe Jack will marry Charlotte -- he can raise both boys, that is, if Charlotte gives birth to Declan's son.

by Anonymousreply 41305/22/2013

What did I ever do to you, bitches?

by Anonymousreply 41405/22/2013

Remember when Jennifer Jason Leigh was on this show?! Or was that just a weird dream?

by Anonymousreply 41505/22/2013

Characters on this show use iPads without any sort of cover or case. Makes me nervous for them.

by Anonymousreply 41605/22/2013

What in the world was that subplot with the lesbian who fell in love with Charlotte? Are they going to pick that up again next season or something? Was so random.

by Anonymousreply 41705/22/2013

Gabriel Mann is an actual actor on this terrible show (that I still sort of love for its camp value despite it all). His work has been impressive with what little fuckery he's had to work with.

by Anonymousreply 41805/22/2013

R415, JJL's episodes (you can't even call it an "arc" because there was no story) were so odd. Did she have a breakdown during shooting, or up and quit or something? Why bother to bring back Amanda's mother and then (not) use her that way?

by Anonymousreply 41905/22/2013

I still think Emanda's dad is alive. I can just hear her "I've done all this FOR NOTHING!"

by Anonymousreply 42005/25/2013

It's back to Croydon for Ashley, apparently...

by Anonymousreply 42105/31/2013

See, they mean business, cleaning house and letting the heads roll where they may.

by Anonymousreply 42205/31/2013

R422, that was such a ridiculously lazy mixed metaphor that I wish I could strike you in the face for writing it.

by Anonymousreply 42306/01/2013

sucks about Ash b/c Mike Kelley had a story for her he'll never get to tell; the character was needed in season one to usher Fauxmanda into certain setups.

I'm just glad Declan is gone.

But Jack deserves a break. Maybe he can hook up with Charlotte and they can raise both kids.

by Anonymousreply 42406/05/2013

season one was a symphony compared to the mess that season two was. Halfway through season two I felt like I was watching a show based on network notes.

Still, some of those notes (or ideas MK had planned all along) were great -- Victoria shooting Helen, Conrad revealing his role in the Initiative and Em's confession in season finale.

I'm so glad they killed Declan, too.

Maybe Jack and Charlotte can get together and raise both boys.

by Anonymousreply 42506/08/2013

Damn It, Damn It, Damn It!!!

They've done something that will make me reconsider taking the show off my DVR list.

They cast Victoria's long lost son Patrick. I suppose there is no reason to not type his name, but it feels like a spoiler....even though it's really not. See attached for the news.

I find him endlessly sexy. And of course they won't do it, but the best thing for me is if he's gay and they hook him up with Nolan.

by Anonymousreply 42607/13/2013

Nolan is going back to man-on-man action in Season 3.

They must be tuned in to what fans of the show have been complaining about.

The only way this could be more interesting is if the guy Nolan gets involved with is Victoria's newly found son Patrick (played by Justin Hartley).

by Anonymousreply 42708/12/2013

This is the pairing that I'm hoping to see a lot this coming season.

I'm sure they don't have the balls to make the most hotly anticipated new character a gay man, but I'd be happy if he was at least comfortably flirty with Nolan.

Either way, hopefully the introduction of Patrick isn't as mishandled as the Jennifer Jason Leigh character was last year. That was an incredible waste!

by Anonymousreply 42808/26/2013

Love. Justin. Hartley. šŸ˜

by Anonymousreply 42908/26/2013

the new season started? when?? damn, i missed it if that's the case.

by Anonymousreply 43008/26/2013

You didn't miss anything r430. The Season 3 premiere is September 29th.

by Anonymousreply 43108/26/2013

More sneak peaks at Justin Hartley as Patrick.

by Anonymousreply 43209/11/2013

btw, for people wondering if the writers had a plan for more than the first season, I guarantee you they did. not specific details, but overall arcs of the main story line for the main characters. Unless you're Whedon, Abrams, or Burrows, you won't get a show picked up without a first season bible and general plans for a five year show.

by Anonymousreply 43309/15/2013

r427, yes Nolan should definitely go back to being gay, he's one of the few good representations we have. Many of the top shows don't even have a single gay character, they're oddly lagging behind the times.

by Anonymousreply 43409/15/2013

R433, I agree, I think they did have a plan, and I love how the show salvaged itself last season (Helen: the safe is empty; Victoria (holding a guy): this isn't.)

But part of me would have loved to have the show end after the first season with Emily turning the Graysons into the feds/law and have them be humiliated.

She threw the computer away in season two with all the evidence on it, saying something about she'll make them pay in worse ways.

Um. No.

It wasn't a viable reason. She had 'em and she let 'em get away.

by Anonymousreply 43509/15/2013

Can someone start a season 3 thread? If not, I'll continue here. Nolan looks good!

by Anonymousreply 43609/29/2013

Was it any good?

by Anonymousreply 43709/29/2013

I watched this for the first time tonight. It made a reasonable about of sense, considering I'd not been watching.

Is there someplace I can get an update of what's happened thus far that's not too long? Or do I need to bother?

by Anonymousreply 43809/29/2013

R438, Kim Roots at TVline.com writes great REVENGE recaps.

by Anonymousreply 43909/30/2013

Victoria and Aiden teaming up is made of WIN.

by Anonymousreply 44009/30/2013

There is a Season 3 thread.

But of course people are welcome to post wherever they want.

by Anonymousreply 44109/30/2013

I just finished season 2...

The plots were asinine, but at least Fauxmanda and Declan are dead.

by Anonymousreply 44209/29/2014
Need more help? Click Here.