Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Amazing Race (Season 21)

Starts tonight at 8:00pm Eastern on NBC. NFL is on earlier in the day as well as professional bull-riding.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 60111/16/2012

Any gays or lesbians this season? Any cute guys?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 109/30/2012

The world is waiting for you....

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 209/30/2012

Some gays I believe. I do wish this were on a weeknight. Football usually messes up the schedule. Lots to record tonight. Revenge, that one with Vanessa Williams, Dexter, Homeland, Masterpiece Theatre, Boardwalk Empire.

a week's worth of shows in one night. Thank goodness for On Demand.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 309/30/2012

I'm rooting for Josh & Brent!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 409/30/2012

Big Brother contestants Shane and Danielle from the just finished season are close to signing on for the spring edition of Race

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 509/30/2012

Looking forward to the premiere! But I hope the rumor about Shane and Danielle from Big Brother isn't true. If the rumor is true, though, I wonder what story will the editors try to give Shane and Danielle?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 609/30/2012

How many chances at stardom is CBS going to give reality-show whores?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 709/30/2012

I wish Polka Spot could join Josh & Brent on the race, but she'd probably eat the clue at a crucial moment.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 809/30/2012

Shane and Danielle would be good for TAR. They could continue the storyline of Danielle hoping to get Shane to fall in love with her while all Shane has eyes for are dollar signs and Phil's bulge.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 909/30/2012

I don't believe the Shane and Danielle rumor.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 1209/30/2012

I hate all of them and it hasn't started.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 1309/30/2012

Josh's boyfriend's boobies bounce.

The rock guys are interesting. I don't think they'll go as far as they think they will.

Mutt and Jeff look like fun.

The bossy man, submissive woman look irritating.

The Chips. No complaint.

The Monster truckers. This years dumb rednecks?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 1409/30/2012

A height challenge right off the bat. Nice.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 1509/30/2012

There's ALWAYS rapelling...why do people with fear of heights agree to be on the Race?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 1609/30/2012

3 official gays, the beekman boys who are partners, but according to CBS they're "goat farmers". James the chippendale, looks good but with the personality of a queeny black man.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 1709/30/2012

Is it in the Chippendale dancers contract that they be patted down with oil? They were glistening.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 1809/30/2012

Hmm. People with rolling suitcases (monster truckers) never win.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 1909/30/2012

Worst food challenge ever.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 2009/30/2012

Phil's bulge showed up early!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 2109/30/2012

Love the kid using the clue to play against the MT's.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 2209/30/2012

Hey bitches!!!!

Sorry I petered out last season. But I am back.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 2309/30/2012

Josh is in last place.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 2409/30/2012

WOW! A food challenge in the first episode.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 2509/30/2012

Read the clues, dumbass!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 2609/30/2012

What's for dessert Gisele? Welcome back!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 2709/30/2012

Why do the gay couples have to be weird? Goat Farmers? Are the tall and short guy gay?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 2809/30/2012

In another thread someone mentioned that Josh is a Datalounger. Which one is Josh?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 2909/30/2012

Screen caps and video clips please!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 3009/30/2012

The mix 'n match tall/short team seem gay, too.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 3109/30/2012

Josh is the Josh who used to post here, right? Used to do drag?

The twin Sisters voices make me want to turn off the sound.

The girl with the prosthetic legs looks frail. She's already turned a lighter shade of pale.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 3209/30/2012

R27 - a toss up between a pack of Devil Dogs or a banana split.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 3309/30/2012

I bet this will be one of those 'to be continued' episodes.. too many teams behind.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 3409/30/2012

Jaymes didn't really use his chopsticks to eat the frog lady parts, either.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 3509/30/2012

Peptones = Pepto

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 3609/30/2012

It can't be, R34. People are already placing.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 3709/30/2012

How the fuck did Rob & Kelley and the annoying twins get done so fast?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 3809/30/2012

Ruh roh. The peelers are in danger.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 3909/30/2012

The India girls were annoying until they did the frogs. Loved the dancing and the good sportsmanship.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 4009/30/2012

Looks like the eye candy will be going home soon!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 4109/30/2012

How many of them didn't know what an abacus was?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 4209/30/2012

I think the twins are very likable. James and Jaymes don't seem to bright.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 4309/30/2012

Oh well, they were nice to look at while they lasted.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 4409/30/2012

YAY! J and B are not last.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 4509/30/2012

Oh well, I guess they're still around one more week.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 4609/30/2012

Can't stand the lumberjacks. GO TEAM STRIPPER.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 4709/30/2012

The beefcake made it.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 4809/30/2012

"James and Jaymes don't seem to bright."

Neither does someone who doesn't spell well.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 4909/30/2012

It seems like the guy divorcee might be gay too. He certainly pings. And like Shane from BB wouldn't be the first gay guy to plat straight to get 15 minutes on TV.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 5009/30/2012

He's a lumberjack and he's not okay.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 5109/30/2012

Was Rosie O hired to choose the music cues for this season? The music over the Shanghai sequences were particularly "chung ching chow" tonight.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 5209/30/2012

I'm just glad it's back. Oh, Amazing Race, you should be called the astounding race!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 5309/30/2012

Wow, so glad the first couple philiminated was that annoying "him, Tarzan..me, Jane" pair. Talk about dumb. Look for the "lady with the abascus!"

First place guy is a jerk. "Oh she is going to be a real threat!" (even if she has two prosthetic legs.) So fucking condescending.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 5409/30/2012

[quote]Brent and Josh are "Life Partners?" Do gay couples really use that term to describe their relationship? If so, it's pretty sad.

Are you 12? That term has been in use for eons, though many abbreviate it "partners." Plus, to be technical, Josh & Brent are now fiances, though I think the proposal occurred after taping. Anyway, good for them for coming back from behind! (and I hope Josh doesn't fuck up and be too nice like he was at the airport, which kept them from getting the first flight) Odd that they're described as "goat farmers," without mention that either a) they're a couple and b) they have their own reality show.

Do we have official confirmation that the blond Chippendale is gay, or are we assuming it just from his voice? I can't decide if it's actual gay voice or just a Southern twang. Or both.

Unfortunately there's no one I actively hate this season (except *maybe* the usual set of nearly identical blonde bimbos every TAR season seems to have). Jaymes, James and Trey provide some nice, beefy eye candy. I can see myself starting to hate the redneck with the bleached mohawk and the wife whose lips appear to have sucked down four packs of Parliaments a day for the past 30 years.

Also, who knew that Shanghai was so blistering hot in the summer? I thought most of China was fairly mild, though I know Shanghai's not in the mountains or anything (though it's certainly much further north than Beijing).

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 5509/30/2012

[quote]Also, who knew that Shanghai was so blistering hot in the summer? I thought most of China was fairly mild

I've spent some time in southern China. It's freaking scorching in the summer, and I'm from the deep south.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 5609/30/2012

They didn't say that Josh and Brent were gay, but they did show them holding hands.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 5709/30/2012

Are the Chippendales boyfriends?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 5809/30/2012

Jaymes seems a little high maintenance.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 5909/30/2012

The bio blurb says they're just friends:

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 6009/30/2012

I can't believe the differently abled girl gave up a leg by pointing out the Chinese woman in the red dress to the team that beat them. She sounded like she was on a self-pity jag that was mercifully cut short by the editors at CBS.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 6109/30/2012

We had an eyebrow during the intro!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 6209/30/2012

His jeans did his butt no favors though.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 6309/30/2012

Boyfriend for ex-Racer Charla!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 6409/30/2012

They have no black people this season. How hard is it for them to find one? Reality shows act like they're as rare as unicorns.

I root against all the twins and look alikes. Nothing more annoying than trying to figure out which one said what.

I was relieved the Chippendales made it.

Josh & Brent seem to be very slow and don't appear to have that aggressive, competitive edge needed for this race. Maybe they'll improve.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 6509/30/2012

Josh needs to whip out some of Aqua's attitude. There's no one as fierce as a drag queen who wants a free drink.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 6609/30/2012

Remember when Mirna wanted to consult with a street walker on the quickest way to that South American night club with all the soap suds? I love that woman. Making Charla do all the heavy lifting and eating challenges....Charla hauling that humongus fish, falling on her face in that miniature suit of armor...they were priceless.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 6709/30/2012

Here, Charla, eat this ostritch egg.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 6809/30/2012

I was disappointed that there were no blacks either, but they're incredibly spotty contestants. Twice the black couple, one gay couple, one straight couple, couldn't even finish the first leg. But blacks have won and placed well in this series. This is the first race without any isn't it?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 6909/30/2012

As soon as Monster Trucker picked up the papaya, I said to myself, "damn, now he's going to have to eat twice as much". Read the clues!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 7009/30/2012

The thread spoiler has ruined my hopes for Josh and Brent. We haven't had a great gay couple in ages. I think the last was the unforgettable Mary who physically swam, hauling their rowboat to an elimination with his exhausted chubby partner inside. It made me so angry that they weren't the players of the week the following Sunday. They were a spectacle.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 7109/30/2012

Love it when teams literally run past a clue.

"We're looking for a woman with an octopus."

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 7209/30/2012

While a gay couple hasn't won in awhile, I will point out that Kisha (of Jen/Kisha) who won the "Second Chance" Race is happily out.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 7309/30/2012

[quote]The India girls

Sri Lanka is not part of India.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 7409/30/2012

Chippendales just how I like 'em, overly pumped and dumb. They would have deserved elimination but glad they made it.

The guys in the straight dating couples are all pretty hot. Eye candy.

This show used to have more to offer other than the scenery and feeling superior to the contestants.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 7509/30/2012

I love TAR!! I thought the Chippy boys would be eliminated but I hated to see the couple come in last,too...

That fallopian tube challenge would have been the end for me-I'm sensitive about what I put in my mouth!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 7609/30/2012

We're talking about black folks on TAR,smart ass at r77. Stop deflecting.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 7810/01/2012

I vote the jujitsu guy as this year's wife beater

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 7910/01/2012

I'm glad Josh's BF has found another way to show the whole nation that he is a pissy annoyance.

The unforgiving lighting on this program showed me something I had not realized before: He wears a hairpiece.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 8010/01/2012

r55 needs to review her geography. Beijing is NORTH of Shanghai, hon.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 8110/01/2012

Both of the Chippendales seem strenuously stupid.

Honestly, none of the contestants seems particularly bright.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 8310/01/2012

kinda boring.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 8410/01/2012

[quote]Oddly enough he's the only black guy on the show. He's part black, the only way you can tell is his black personality.

Seriously?? He does not look even remotely black, and the blond highlights certainly don't help in that regard. In any event, is there some sort of "rule" that there needs to be two African-Americans on every season? We have two Sri Lankan sisters who were born in Queens but grew up in Sri Lanka. Doesn't that "count" for something as far as persons of color go?

Btw as much as I hate to say it, I doubt Josh & Brent will win or even go very far. They're both very smart, but from what I know about them, neither has done much travel outside the U.S., and it's pretty obvious that neither has much athletic ability. Almost without exception it's pairs that are in at least reasonably good shape who make it to the final rounds. Also, they're both too damn *nice*, which is not a compliment as far as this show is concerned! They need to push their way in front of lines and backstab whoever the fuck they can.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 8510/01/2012

[quote]Honestly, none of the contestants seems particularly bright.

Josh's partner Brent is an M.D. and solicited $50 million from Martha Stewart to fund the construction and operations of a geriatric wing at one of the main NYC hospitals. You don't think that requires smarts?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 8610/01/2012

Speaking of Martha Stewart, did anyone else recognize Ryan (of the first-place finishing "Dating Divorcees" from San Diego) from the ill-fated "Apprentice: Martha Stewart" spinoff?

He was, IIRC, the second runner-up. Bethenny Frankel also missed out on the top prize on that show.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 8710/01/2012

He looked familiar R87, but I never would have made that connection (I did watch Marthas version of Apprentice)

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 8810/01/2012

The dark haired gay partner looks like Simon Falls and the tiny guy from the other team looks like a squished and shaken John Stamos!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 8910/01/2012

[quote] Oddly enough he's the only black guy on the show. He's part black

Wow, I would never have guessed the guy on the left is black, but if you say so.

[quote] Speaking of Martha Stewart, did anyone else recognize Ryan (of the first-place finishing "Dating Divorcees" from San Diego) from the ill-fated "Apprentice: Martha Stewart" spinoff?

Wow, was that him? Hmmph. I always thought he was gay, and had a fling with Howie from that same show.

Overall, I'd have to say that I'm not thrilled about any of the teams this season. Nobody stands out as interesting, save for the Chippendales, and they are sure to go home soon.

I like teams with interesting background stories and good personalities, but so far, I'm not impressed.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 9010/01/2012

..the discussion of race in this thread is at a second grade level... i for one am glad we are now at a point where sometimes people "can't tell" whether someone who looks 'white' has other racial heritage floating through his or her veins.

maybe in another couple of centuries -- if humans are still here -- everyone will be a lovely shade of caramel.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 9110/01/2012

He says is brother and sister are biracial:

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 9210/01/2012

[quote]i for one am glad we are now at a point where sometimes people "can't tell" whether someone who looks 'white' has other racial heritage floating through his or her veins.

Well, the Senator from Massachusetts can tell!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 9310/01/2012

Jaymes actually sounds kind of sweet in that article. I hope he's not a Reichen in disguise.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 9410/01/2012

If he says his siblings are biracial without including himself, then doesn't that make you think he's NOT biracial? Like maybe his mom had a relationship with a black guy after he was born?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 9510/01/2012

There seem to be three gay teams.

Team Goat

Team Substitute

Team Chippendale

Someone earlier mention the Chinese music overlays, but that was just all the pinging going on.

I was hoping Chippendale would lose.

The only eye-candy this season is straight Trey.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 9610/01/2012

Trey, the Texas football player, is freakin dreamy. I would follow him around the world, who cares about the challenges.

I like the Chippendales more than I thought I would. But why do they have "Chippendales" on their clothes and backpacks? Are they being sponsored?

Are the Monster Truck couple the first team to be shown tugging rolling suitcases instead of wearing backpacks? They won't last long, I'm afraid. They seem fun.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 9710/01/2012

"Josh" and his partner...

They both seem so hungry for attention. Josh, while I have nothing personally against the man, made the Datalounge a sea of Josh threads back when he published his book, and many people ended up banned from the site for showing their irritation with and frustration at him.

The partner I know used to be on the Martha Stewart show until he was let go and they've since ended up in New York magazines and done the Planet Green show.. NOW I look up at the television and I see them yet again. This time, the story is that they "became unemployed and bought a goat farm" which just isn't true.

I wish both of them good things but they're both so incredibly hungry for attention and validation that it must keep them awake at night.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 9810/01/2012

A bit of a tangent, but, holy shit, Asians will eat anything! Frog fallopian tubes!?

You know they spun some bullshit that it has some health benefit and/or stimulates one sexually. They always play that card for consuming something ridiculous.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 9910/01/2012

I'd totally fuck that midgets holes!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 10010/01/2012

This is going to be the best season in years! Finally, the producers picked some good gay couples.

Despite what they say, BOTH of the Chippendales are gay. It couldn't be more obvious. The Substitutes are gay, too.

The divorcee who finished first is a closet case. He pings off the charts.

I think you have 7 gay guys on this year's show.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 10110/01/2012

I was fascinated by that,too,r99-so much so that I had to look it up! It's called Hasma,and like they said, it is a 'desert' in that country. Yuck!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 10210/01/2012

In that article R92 linked to, James states: "I was born this scrawny, pasty white kid with bad teeth, bad skin and bad hair. So I tell everyone: Don’t believe everything you see and don’t kill yourself to look a certain way. Be happy with what you got,” he says.

He's white and it's his siblings who're biracial. "He also remembers the discrimination his mixed-race family faced. (His little brother and sister are bi-racial: African-American and Caucasian. “But we are a colorblind family!”).

He's like the blond child of Heidi Klum with the biracial brothers and sister.

And there's no law that says they need to have a black couple, the same way there's no law that says there should be gay people either. It's just nice to see a race that's a huge part of the United States actually represented and everyone being the same is boring.

Now who's going to weep when they visit the African continent?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 10310/01/2012

Michael K at Dlisted is so silly! He says it looked like Jaymes was slurping up more than just fallopian tubes in that task!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 10410/01/2012

Correction: Jaymes

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 10510/01/2012

I'm white and I would weep if I were to visit Africa. It's the cradle of civilization. That's incredibly humbling.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 10610/01/2012

R102, Hasma is a [italic]desert[/italic]? Is that anywhere near the Gobi?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 10710/01/2012

The Amazing Race (2.5/6), which just earned another best reality competition series Emmy, was down 17% for its lowest-rated premiere ever.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 10810/01/2012

I've never watched this show, but tuned in last night because Josh being on and all the Emmys got my interest.

I thought it was pretty boring. I thought it was going to require skill, but it was more like a Fear Factor gross-out.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 10910/01/2012

Wow. The ratings were bad. And they can't even blame it on football. I thought it was a solid opener myself. They've done better, but Amazing Race is a marathon, not a sprint.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 11010/01/2012

I need a fucking better lead-in!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 11110/01/2012

[quote]The thread spoiler has ruined my hopes for Josh and Brent.

Don't believe everything you read. J&B make it farther then the "spoiler" wants us to believe.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 11210/01/2012

How many times can we watch the same show over and over? I'm amazed it's lasted this long

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 11310/01/2012

Yeah R87, I noticed Ryan from Martha Stewart Apprentice immediately but I have a little crush on him. He is very cut throat but that woman was ridiculous to tell them where the lady was. I would've just said, "Keep looking!"

The India girls are so annoying, can't wait until they go.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 11410/01/2012

I did recognize Ryan but had to look him up to recall from where. He looks like he could have done gay porn. And not gay-for-pay.

I love that the one metal rocker brother is named Abba. He must have hated having to explain that back in the 70s and 80s.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 11510/01/2012

Where was TAR on time last night? It didn't start until 8:37 in my area. A start that late probably pissed off more thn a few viewers. I really don't understand why the producers don't insist CBS move it to anotyher night to avoid this shit.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 11610/01/2012

[quote]Jaymes actually sounds kind of sweet in that article. I hope he's not a Reichen in disguise.

Well, he's not "married" to his on-camera partner, so he can't dump him three weeks after the finale to pursue fame and "fortune" in Hollywood.

[quote]"Josh" and his partner... They both seem so hungry for attention. Josh, while I have nothing personally against the man, made the Datalounge a sea of Josh threads back when he published his book, and many people ended up banned from the site for showing their irritation with and frustration at him.

Clearly, your recall is faulty. (Have you had a check-up for early Alzheimer's?) Criticism of Josh never resulted in "many bannings" from the site, and it reached its peak not when Josh's first book came out, but rather when it became known that he was friends with known fabulist James Frey. It is a conspiracy theory, and nothing more, than criticizing an authenticated poster on here will lead to bannings unless the behavior is truly batshit-crazy.

[quote]The partner I know used to be on the Martha Stewart show until he was let go and they've since ended up in New York magazines and done the Planet Green show.. NOW I look up at the television and I see them yet again. This time, the story is that they "became unemployed and bought a goat farm" which just isn't true.

Brent was never a permanent fixture on Martha's show; he was merely a frequent guest, as was Nate Berkus for years on "Oprah." At no point was he "let go." Both Josh and Brent VOLUNTARILY left their NYC jobs (Josh in advertising, Brent in medicine) to pursue their Beekman farm project, a hybrid of both reality-show fame (btw their show is now on The Cooking Channel, not Green Planet) and a genuine day-to-day enjoyment of country life, with a side line in e-commerce sales of soaps and goods produced by their farm-animal coterie.

At no point was it stated in their TAR intro that they "became unemployed" and then bought the farm; on the contrary, they bought it while BOTH still employed and ultimately decided to leave their city jobs to run it full-time (though Brent did that earlier than Josh did).

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 11710/02/2012

[quote]Where was TAR on time last night? It didn't start until 8:37 in my area.

West Coast? It started on time in Eastern and Central. Btw you may as well just set your DVR now to record an hour after the stated show time (or just record "The Good Wife"); there wasn't a delay for most of the country this week, but there inevitably will be at multiple points in the fall.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 11810/02/2012

[quote]A bit of a tangent, but, holy shit, Asians will eat anything! Frog fallopian tubes!?

Actual Chinese food - not American Chinese food - is fucking terrifying to most people.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 11910/02/2012

LOL, I have to agree that I thought Jaymes' slurping up the fallopian dessert spilled all over the red tablecloth did look like a scene from a porn film where the cum lover cleans up every last drop of the "give it to me, baby" juice. In fact, he did the task quite well!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 12010/02/2012

[At no point was it stated in their TAR intro that they "became unemployed" and then bought the farm; on the contrary, they bought it while BOTH still employed and ultimately decided to leave their city jobs to run it full-time (though Brent did that earlier than Josh did).]

Go back and watch the intros. We all know the real story, but they DID say that they lost their jobs and bought a farm. I thought it a little strange, too. But maybe they just edited their story for a one-line intro.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 12110/02/2012

Actually, they both lost their jobs about a year after they bought the farm. Then Josh got a new job but Brent stayed unemployed and worked on the soap business. That is just about the time the reality show started filming.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 12210/02/2012

I don't know why, but the premier left me underwhelmed. MTV's Challenge - Battle of Seasons on the other hand features a lot of gay Real World members from various seasons (like Cancun, New Orleans, etc.) and hot guys (like Zach from Real World: San Diego).

Last Amazing Race season was also the first one I gave up on at around one third of its run.

The two million dollars twist sounds pretty stupid to me since it only puts a big target on the team's back that came first in the first episode.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 12310/02/2012

What's the truth about Josh and Brent?

R117: [quote]ultimately decided to leave their city jobs to run it full-time

R122: [quote]Actually, they both lost their jobs about a year after they bought the farm.

"Decided to leave their city jobs" says that they quit/resigned their jobs. "Lost their jobs" says that they were fired or laid off.

In their interviews, on-air and in CBS's "Meet the Teams" videos, the implication is clear, that they're running the goat farm because they had no other choice but to do so after "within six months we both lost our jobs."

Are they creating a fictional back-story involuntary job loss because it sounds better than "we wanted to leave the city to run a goat farm."?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 12410/02/2012

According to Josh's last book, they both lost their jobs in 2008 because of the recession. They almost split up, but somehow got the reality show and slowly patched things up. Josh is the one who wanted to run the farm, but got a new job in Advertising so had to stay in NYC weekdays while Brent stayed on the farm. That was the plot of most of the reality series. Who knows what the story is these days, since the show went off the air. And yes, they are major attention whores.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 12510/02/2012

Am I the only one who thought it was douchey of the couple that won the leg to get the info from the chick with no legs and then run past her to win?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 12610/02/2012

[quote]According to Josh's last book, they both lost their jobs in 2008 because of the recession. They almost split up, but somehow got the reality show and slowly patched things up. Josh is the one who wanted to run the farm, but got a new job in Advertising so had to stay in NYC weekdays while Brent stayed on the farm.

Okay, I stand corrected, but in my defense, I haven't read Josh's most recent book. I can easily see why Josh would've been laid off due to the recession, but couldn't Brent just go back into geriatric medicine? (as recession-proof a job as it gets)

[quote]Who knows what the story is these days, since the show went off the air. And yes, they are major attention whores.

Actually, the show's *still* on the air, but these days it's on the Cooking Channel, for some reason. I would assume the story these days is that they're supporting themselves from a combination of Beekman farm-product revenues, compensation for their reality show and probably for special appearances now that they've become minor "gay celebrities" (I spotted them at the last GLAAD awards doing the red-carpet thing).

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 12710/03/2012

I hope the Kelly Kapoors² get Philiminated soon.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 12810/03/2012

[quote]Odd that they're described as "goat farmers," without mention that either a) they're a couple and b) they have their own reality show.

a) EVERYONE knows they're gay. No need to announce it when the gayvoice speaks for itself.

b) The t-shirts broadcast it enough as it is.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 12910/03/2012

I've been watching TAR since Season 10, I'm black and it's probably the most diverse show on TV, no one can claim they don't make an effort to have on as many different types of people as possible. I don't mind that there's no black team this season, actually it's a relief because I get stressed out wanting them to do well or win, now I can relax a little and enjoy the show a little more.

The Shanghai skyline was really beautiful. I'm so happy TAR is back!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 13010/03/2012

I'm hoping they have a speedo challenge this season. It seems like forever since they last had a swimming challenge. What season was it where Phil posed in a speedo when introducing the challenge?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 13110/03/2012

A couple of seasons ago, they did a bodybuilding challenge in Austria. Lots of eye-candy. The guys all had to wear skimpy posing briefs, oil up their bodies, and do posing routines. Thank goodness Charla wasn't on that season.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 13210/04/2012

Google "Josh Kilmer Purcell" and explain the #2 hit that appears....

Thanks!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 13310/04/2012

Josh is the taller one?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 13410/04/2012

R132 Yeah, she would have kicked all their asses. Then she and her cousin would have mocked them all calling them a bunch of pussies.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 13510/04/2012

R132, I remember that challenge. At the time, there was still an older guy in the running and he had a surprisingly hot body for his age.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 13610/05/2012

You can't be black making dumb statements like that,r130.

And the gay couple are boring. I'm surprised there's so much talk about them on this thread.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 13710/05/2012

Starting time is supposed to be at 8:30 but with games, might be starting later.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 13810/07/2012

Oh, dear. CBS!!! And throughout the season, on the East Coast, whenever there are double-header football games on CBS (that means, 2, for those of you way-sports-ignorant), it will start at 8:30 (I read this several places, so there.)

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 13910/07/2012

R131- They were in Russia I believe and the contestants had to run through the streets in their underwear. There was a shot of Phil in black underwear as he was describing the challenge.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 14010/07/2012

Gisele, what's on the Amazing Race menu for tonight?

Minsky's left over combo pizza for me.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 14110/07/2012

Hello TARers -

Hoping we get a nice shot of PhilBulge21; Tommy's is just meh.

Starting in a couple of minutes..

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 14210/07/2012

Too much good TV on Sunday. Race, Revenge, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, Homeland, Masterpiece Theatre.... need a chart just to program everything.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 14310/07/2012

I'll have what she's having.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 14410/07/2012

The little girl in the glasses with Phil is adorable!! I want one! (I should call Angelina.)

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 14510/07/2012

ARE gays naturally better at balloon animals?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 14610/07/2012

"The most badass Sri Lankans you will ever meet"

I wouldn't doubt that.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 14710/07/2012

The sisters could get eliminated and I wouldn't mind. Not at all.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 14810/07/2012

I love their enthusiasm.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 14910/07/2012

I still don't understand how the girl with two prosthetic legs is a huge thread, per the guy who came in first place last week. Is he presuming she doesn't feel any fatigue or has some bionic implants?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 15010/07/2012

You mean is he and idiot? I would have thought that was evident.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 15110/07/2012

I'd love to party with the Sri Lankans, the Chippendales and the male from the dating divorcees.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 15210/07/2012

The gay farmers are The Fabulous Beekman Boy.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 15310/07/2012

So are the goats taking care of themselves during the race?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 15410/07/2012

DAMN!! I liked them.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 15510/07/2012

I like the Chippendales too. Did someone mention that Josh, the goat farmer,posts here?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 15610/07/2012

Were those the people who came in first last time?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 15710/07/2012

He used to, R156, and may still post here anonymously, but I haven't seen a post by him in a long time.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 15810/07/2012

R157 - they came in second on the first leg.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 15910/07/2012

I want a tee shirt which says "Beggars Are My Homeboys"

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 16010/07/2012

R156, read the fucking thread.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 16110/07/2012

Always sad when a strong and likeable team gets hosed by a bad cab driver.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 16210/07/2012

I always hate it when the teams start yelling at the cab drivers.

1) The drivers probably speak little to no English. 2) The drivers may be poor and driving a cab is one of the few ways to earn money. 3) The cabs are not going to be state of the art and are probably years out of service. 4)Screaming and yelling things such as "I want to go THERE!", "GO FASTER!", etc is never helpful as it seems in any language.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 16310/08/2012

Watching Will tremble during the balloon challenge while Gary yelled at him was uncomfortable. On last week's episode, Gary snapped at Will and Will responded by saying "Yes Sir." It gave off a Marcie/Peppermint-Patty vibe. Very odd.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 16410/08/2012

Geeze, get on the back of a scooter and ride to the finish line and get a clue. So exciting!

It would have been if they had tortured the racers like they tortured the animals to make them go faster.

On the other hand, a little girl with big glasses giving out clues was the cutest thing ever.

"I like your nails!"

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 16510/08/2012

Mr. Monster Truck seems like he could be abusive.

I felt bad for Mr. Charla.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 16610/08/2012

I was hoping Will and Gary would be the new Mirna and Charla but the camp factor isn't there. They're too intense.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 16710/08/2012

I'm finding this season to be a real snooze.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 16810/08/2012

I stopped watching after the 1st ep.

Too many good shows on Sunday night.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 16910/08/2012

The substitute teachers are tough to watch. They give off a lot of bad energy. The tall one in particular seems to be very angry and sad.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 17010/08/2012

Snoozefest of an episode.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 17110/08/2012

All I want to know is when we can expect to see Phil and the peelers in some speedos.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 17210/08/2012

[quote]I felt bad for Mr. Charla.

Love it.

They were the ones who claimed to be "super fans" of the Race...the last guys who did that were out at the 3rd episode.

A lot harder than it looks, huh guys?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 17310/08/2012

I was devastated that the team with the proselytizec legs were doomed by the bad taxi. I wonder if she had chosen the scythe type legs if she would've beaten the Texans to the mat in the first episode. At least the two million dollar incentive is still intact, but I haven't heard such over the top mooning over a mate's manliness outside of Olive Oyl in a Popeye cartoon.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 17410/08/2012

I think it's time to put down the Shiraz, R174.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 17510/08/2012

Nice, that the Beekman boys are still in it. But they fade so much in the background that I hope they hang around for some time like the straight/gay brother team which won a couple of seasons ago (beating the Cowboy brothers).

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 17810/09/2012

Trey's cute.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 17910/09/2012

The Beekman Boys fade into the background until they open their mouths and a horrible bleating sound comes out.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 18010/10/2012

Starting in a few minutes (around 8:20). Thankfully "The Walking Dead" repeats at 10:00!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 18110/14/2012

Walking Dead repeats at 11 PM cst., midnight est.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 18210/14/2012

I kind of like Jaymes. He seems like a big doofus. A big, sexy doofus.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 18310/14/2012

God, this season blows. First team at the pitstop a half hour into the show? Snooze.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 18410/14/2012

Gisele must have had a football game that we didn't have here. Race started on time. And R183- I agree. I like Jaymes too.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 18510/14/2012

It's not a great season.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 18610/14/2012

[quote]The Beekman Boys fade into the background until they open their mouths and a horrible bleating sound comes out.

I love you.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 18710/14/2012

Not liking the tall guy on the teacher team; he's so condescending to his partner.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 18810/14/2012

Uturn used exactly as it should be: when you're near the back of the pack and KNOW who else is behind you. No doubt Mr. Charla & friend will have a hissy.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 18910/14/2012

R185 - Tommy's game went late tonight on the East Coast; the fucker SUCKED tonight!

Hoping to see some PhilBulge v21.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 19010/14/2012

I want to see Bo and his jandras

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 19110/14/2012

Whoa, Charla and Mirna were lucky.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 19210/14/2012

Couldn't Monster Truckers have U-Turned the twins? Therefore they would have beat them? I forget how these things work.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 19310/14/2012

You can only Uturn people behind you...I THINK the twins were ahead of the monster truckers at the time.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 19410/14/2012

THIS is why we win the Emmy every year!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 19510/14/2012

Just read the rules, you can only U-turn a trailing team.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 19610/14/2012

Hate to see Racers yelling and screaming at non-English speaking third world drivers. "Don't you speak ENGLISH?!" The safe bet is that they don't.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 19710/14/2012

I like the Russian mobster going to all of the dinner theaters around the country, and they are all doing Mame.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 19810/14/2012

Oh, please don't let the salt of the earth Monster Truckers fall prey to the locals next week. They're the one team America is behind.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 19910/14/2012

Non-elimination round?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 20010/14/2012

[quote]Non-elimination round?

Feels about time for one. Are they headed to India next?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 20110/14/2012

Dye Job Chippendale is so damn irritating.

Mr. Monster Truck looks like a rooster.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 20210/14/2012

The one Chippendale said he is from Virginia...anyone know where?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 20310/14/2012

LOL R199

Glad the eye candy didn't get eliminated yet. Also like the shrieky Sri Lankans.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 20410/14/2012

The Trucker guy and the Teachers are no fun to watch.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 20510/15/2012

The teachers are the worst. They're not going to last too much longer, though, I'm sure. It was the blonde bitches' stupidity that got them through this week.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 20610/15/2012

I like the teams that are left, longhairs excepted.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 20710/15/2012

Who was Phil-iminated?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 20810/15/2012

[quote] Uturn used exactly as it should be: when you're near the back of the pack and KNOW who else is behind you.

I agree that it was a great use of the Uturn, r189.

But I also think it would be smart if a team had Uturned the Sri Lanka twins to try to get them to use their Express Pass.

That thing puts the other teams at a huge disadvantage.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 20910/15/2012

Do the other teams know who has the Express Pass though?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 21010/15/2012

If those girls hadn't quietly sneaked up on Male Charla and Mirna, I think they girls could have beaten them on a foot race to Phil. I bet Male Charla can't run very fast.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 21110/15/2012

Give the substitute teachers a bit of credit. They were the only ones who had to do both challenges because of the U-Turn, and they still finished before the blondies.

Have we established for a fact that both Chippendales are gay? Do the other teams know that there are two gay teams?

I expect that we'll be getting a few borderline homophobic comments soon.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 21210/15/2012

The Chipmunks couldn't be less sexy if they tried, especially the hillbilly with the bad dye job.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 21310/15/2012

The Chippendales don't get eliminated before going to Amsterdam according to the first week's "this season on TAR" segment. They were clearly shown in Amsterdam.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 21410/15/2012

The blonde girls must have wasted/lost an enormous amount of time in the pedicab, given that Charla-Mirna got the U-turn.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 21510/15/2012

This is a mighty slow thread if no one has yet commented on Jaymes' line, "I don't know how many dudes have had their mouth on this thing before me."

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 21610/15/2012

I want to fuck that midget's holes so bad!!!!!!!!!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 21710/15/2012

I'm beginning to like Jaymes the Chippendale more. I like the soft Southern accent and the combination of being slightly dumb, funny & hot.

I'm surprised that Josh & Brent are so laid back. You can't win the Amazing Race with that attitude. Plus I thought they'd show a lot more personality given they're TV pros. You'd think they'd do everything they could to sell themselves and get airtime.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 21810/15/2012

[quote]Do the other teams know that there are two gay teams?

Since there is team Helen Keller, yes. Everyone knows.

Mr. Charla is repulsive... those faces he was making while eating turned my stomach.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 21910/15/2012

Glad those screaming, nasty blondes are out.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 22010/15/2012

Who would have guessed that the Monster Trucker guy would utter the words: "Git 'er done!"

I'm thinking that when you are a little female and you are going to try to carry that many plates to a table, you may want to remove that heavy backpack first.

Those poor blondes having to get Indonesian drivers who don't understand or speak English. How awful for them.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 22110/15/2012

Its even funnier that the Monster Truck guy talks like that and is from Boston.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 22210/15/2012

[quote] I like the soft Southern accent and the combination of being slightly dumb, funny & hot.

...except, as we found out tonight, he's from Virginia, which is not in the South. (Girlfriend's faking the accent, in other words.)

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 22310/15/2012

I'm so happy that Barbie & Skipper came in last, with their nasty, entitled attitudes.

Josh & Brent seem to be enjoying themselves. At least they got some camera time this episode.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 22410/15/2012

[quote]...except, as we found out tonight, he's from Virginia, which is not in the South. (Girlfriend's faking the accent, in other words.)

Virginia's not in the South? Could've fooled us!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 22510/16/2012

I thought Josh was joking when he mentioned having authored a cookbook during the egg challenge. Yet, there it is for sale on amazon. I like the guy but enough already.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 22610/16/2012

Josh had a lot of personality and humor when he used to post on DL, but he's so boring on TAR.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 22710/16/2012

Is there REALLY someone from DL on TAR 21? I thought I remembered seeing something like that a long time ago, but I don't know what to believe around here.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 22810/16/2012

R223 Virginia was Southern enough in the Civil War. The national capital of the Confederacy was Richmond, Virginia and it was home to confederate president Jefferson Davis. It also ratified secession from the Union.

It was a state divided but enough of those southern gents moved there and they probably have descendants living today that it's entirely possible for some people there to have southern accents.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 22910/16/2012

R228, yes, Josh Kilmer-Purcell was a frequent poster here for years, as josh(authenticated).

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 23010/16/2012

Not all of Virginia is a DC suburb.

Jaymes is from Chesterfield, VA (between Richmond and the NC border).

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 23110/16/2012

And, plenty of those southern VA boys have cute accents (and big uncut cocks).

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 23210/16/2012

Don't believe a thing you read around here, r288.

I don't.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 23310/16/2012

Make that r228.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 23410/16/2012

Welcome home!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 23510/16/2012

I never left, r235. That's what makes it so fun.

I can't add any more to this thread (for obvious reasons,) but thanks to those who wish us well. I do appreciate it.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 23610/16/2012

Oh wow, so it's true! Congrats on making onto the show!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 23710/16/2012

you're the most handsome and darling team there, r26.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 23810/16/2012

Tommy's game went late tonight, so AR will be late tonight on the East Coast (by almost an hour).

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 23910/21/2012

Why are Jaymes and James always so fucking slow at everything? They're hot, but lord they're dense.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 24010/21/2012

It's on Gisele!!!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 24110/21/2012

Love the Race but I wish they'd go to France, Germany, the UK, Russia. I am so tired of the third world countries..

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 24210/21/2012

"LONG, STRONG & HARD!"

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 24310/21/2012

Well I ain't eatin' while they are baggin' rats.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 24410/21/2012

Pausing eating on the rat challenge.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 24510/21/2012

Oh hell no! The fast forward is not worth the rat task!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 24610/21/2012

LOL Gisele! Me too.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 24710/21/2012

Can they shove a fucking rat down the throat of that fucking twin??!?!??!?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 24810/21/2012

Hate the twins...

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 24910/21/2012

Those rock "stars" (the kind no one has ever heard of) are repulsive and need to go home. Cannot stand to look at those lame geezers.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 25010/21/2012

Aqua! Gets a shoutout!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 25110/21/2012

Hope we get a challenge where the Chippendales have to strip down.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 25210/21/2012

Shut up Mr. Mirna and Charla. You've been giving your exit speech for 3 episodes. And no, you didn't let down "all the fans" of the Amazing Race.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 25310/21/2012

Crying as I type.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 25410/21/2012

Happy with tonight's result. Time for those 2 to go.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 25510/21/2012

Ack, that rat thingy had me pushing buttons on the remote too.

One of these racing couples had better get me interested in them pretty soon, because I ain't never felt so apathetic about any of the racers before this edition of the race. Even the alleged eye candy isn't doing anything to prick up my interest. I do have an irrational hate for the Monster Truckers, but it's really just him. What a fucking stereotype.

Even Phil looked like a tool in that hat.

Meh.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 25610/21/2012

Those Sri Lankan sisters are so shrill.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 25710/21/2012

I want to be pampered at a luxury resort spah.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 25810/21/2012

Hoping Trey makes it to a speedo challenge.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 25910/21/2012

Besides the gay team, the only other good looking boy is the one attatched to the swooning Texan blond. "Oh, you scared the teachers off with your muscles.."

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 26010/21/2012

I'm salivating at the thought of Trey going shirtless.

Bad Dye Job Chip still drives me crazy with his big mouth. Twinsies' mouths are even bigger though.

Give it up for Rooster Cogburn on the bus challenge. He's old and fat, but got it done.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 26110/21/2012

COME ON TWINNIE!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 26210/21/2012

Is there something wrong with the Indian people? That whole country/continent seems terminally depressed. People washing in/bathing in/drinking the same water,garbage everywhere,so many gigantic rats that killing them is a national sport it seems. How can such otherwise smart and intelligent people live like this? I have a huge pet peeve about liter-if you see garbage in the street,especially in your neighborhood,how hard is it to pick it up?!! Anyway...

The sisters are a force to be reckoned with. They're quick on their feet,and are persistent in challenges. I'm with the person who expressed dismay at Jaymes and James poor showing each episode. Nice attitude,but they might as well be senior citizens! And next weeks preview looks like they fare no better. I like them,reminds me the Bopper team from last season,but I don't think they have what it takes to go far in this game.

The Teachers got a rather quick send of for supposed fans of the show. I think the tall one made them unlikeable. Too bad for the smaller,nicer one.

The Trucker guy can't get eliminated fast enough for me!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 26310/22/2012

(You do realize they weren't in India, right?)

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 26410/22/2012

I cannot stand the Sri Lankan twinnies. Their incessant screaming makes the entire show difficult for me to watch. I was hoping that at the end of their metal spike-forging challenge, the blacksmith would drive the spike into their shrill screaming heads.

Oh, and how about those lovely "you just cost me a million dollars!" monster truck drivers? Typical scuzzyy, Republicunt behavior. Not sure if I heard correctly, but did the narration also say they were ministers?

In their cast bio interview on the CBS website: Pet peeve about your teammate: [italic] I don’t like when Rob farts in public.[/italic]

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 26510/22/2012

Has there ever been any indication that the Chippendales (or any other team for that matter) knew who the Beekman Boys were before they started the race?

I don't have a good feel for how well known they are so I don't know if any of the teams (but especially the known gay Jaymes) would be aware of these guys. I'm gay, but have only heard of them from reading this board and other sites like AfterElton. I've never seen their show (it might be on a cable channel I don't have) and wouldn't have recognized either their names or faces if I met them.

It was amusing when Jaymes found out the taller guy has done drag and asked what his drag name was.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 26610/22/2012

Josh, in this episode, it seems like your team and the Chippendales are getting along really well - perhaps even forming a coalition. When it's appropriate, we'd love to hear your thoughts on doing the race with James & Jaymes.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 26710/22/2012

[quote]Has there ever been any indication that the Chippendales (or any other team for that matter) knew who the Beekman Boys were before they started the race?

You'd think he would have known about AquaDisiac if he'd known who Josh was.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 26810/22/2012

Yes, Trey and Alexis seem to have gotten lost in this thread, despite doing well until last night. Trey may be the best looking guy with the best body TAR has had for a number of seasons. So I want at least a speedo contest, or a soft-core porn spin off.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 26910/22/2012

"You spread and I'll pound."

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 27010/22/2012

The goat farmers try to chat up Trey (wearing shorts)

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 27110/22/2012

Funny video. The goat farmers tell their life story in 2 minutes, name dropping like crazy. Alexis is very interested. Trey is like, please do not touch me.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 27210/22/2012

The Amazing Race (2.3/5) was down 12% from last week.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 27310/22/2012

[quote]One of these racing couples had better get me interested in them pretty soon, because I ain't never felt so apathetic about any of the racers before this edition of the race.

Then don't watch. This is the best race in years. The cast is cool. Love how the Twins did the Iron challenge and the Beefcake sat there sewing.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 27410/22/2012

Austin, TX resident and former Longhorn deep snapper Trey Wier lists Lance Armstrong among his sports heroes.

I wonder how he's taking Armstrong's recent disgrace. Probably the same as all the other Lance fangurls.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 27510/24/2012

Have you ever heard of a "pipe-off"? That's when you whip out your flaccid cock to see who hangs the longest. I'd like to see a Final 3 pipe-off with Trey, Ryan, and Jaymes/James.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 27610/24/2012

[quote]"You spread and I'll pound."

I busted out laughing when I heard this. TAR is a family show I suppose, but they love the double entendre. Those twin girls were also saying some stuff that the other teammates thought were racy during the bus challenge. TAR does that on purpose.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 27710/27/2012

Twinnie!! Twinnie!!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 27810/27/2012

Gisele, hope you are safe and don't lose your power... I think you're on the East coast.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 27910/28/2012

R279 - Aawwww. Aren't you sweet; I am on the East Coast. Sending you big hugs and smooshy kisses. Tommy is not back for a couple of nights.

TAR is not running late tonight; I feel bad for the rockers.

Guess what I am having tonight???

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 28010/28/2012

Have a feeling tonight will be a non elimination leg.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 28110/28/2012

Twinneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 28210/28/2012

All that muscle and no ability to count.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 28310/28/2012

Go Team Beekman!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 28410/28/2012

The gay team are making gays in Bangladesh look bad.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 28510/28/2012

Josh still feels fabulous!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 28610/28/2012

Poor Jaymes and James. I can't believe Rob and Kelley are beating them.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 28710/28/2012

Do you still feel fabulous?

I still feel fabulous.

And love their shirts.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 28810/28/2012

Team Monster Truck scared MoonMoon when they arrived at the mat.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 28910/28/2012

I'm surprised Jaymes and James actually figured out the clue about where they needed to go.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 29010/28/2012

And the Beekman boys are gone, yet!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 29110/28/2012

YAYAYAYYAYAYAYAY! They are saved!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 29210/28/2012

Oh thank goodness...it was about time for a non-elim!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 29310/28/2012

They're making me cry.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 29410/28/2012

Aw, they're saved! And also very sweet.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 29510/28/2012

Jaymes and James... please take off your shirts before you get eliminated.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 29610/28/2012

Turkish Baths next week!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 29710/28/2012

Jeez, those Sri Lankan sisters are obnoxious. First of all, the constant shrieking of "Twinnie" is annoying. Second, if you constantly do it, sooner or later someone will pick up on it, probably to annoy you back. Third, the one woman who was also doing the task asked "Have you ever done this before?" Of course she was being facetious. There was no need for the SLs to be bitchy about it.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 29810/28/2012

Next week -- Feets

Do twins actually go around calling each other twinee?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 30010/28/2012

Couldn't they have given us a flash of Trey in the Turkish Baths during the teaser? Here's hoping he gets more time during that sequence next week than the Monster Truck guy does.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 30110/28/2012

Im scared about the longhaired's feets.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 30210/28/2012

loved the little Bengali child joining in the "GO TWINNIE!"

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 30310/28/2012

Loved Jaymes reaction to the cold water next week! Turkish Baths...mmmmmmmm.....

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 30410/29/2012

I want to see Jaymes' feets. I'm sure they're tanned and masculine. Trey's are probably on the boney side but I'm fairly sure that they, too, will be attractive.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 30510/29/2012

I'm over hearing about the goat farm in every other sentence and the "we lost our jobs" BS... again and again and again. Enough.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 30610/29/2012

Dark-haired dude was a total asshole at the check-in when he said he was disappointed in second place when it was obvious his girlfriend blamed herself

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 30710/29/2012

it was eerie that a little black goat led them to the marked bamboo poles. They're the sexiest team as far as I'm concerned. The most handsome and the best dressed and have the best temprament.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 30810/29/2012

It's obvious, R308. They're goat whisperers.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 30910/29/2012

It would be hard to come in first when the long-hairs had a two-hour head start.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 31010/29/2012

[quote]I'm over hearing about the goat farm in every other sentence and the "we lost our jobs" BS... again and again and again. Enough.

What I find even more canned and phony are the "I would lay down my life for you" declarations for the cameras.

There is something very calculating about that. And emotional exhibitionism -- even when not rehearsed -- is icky.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 31110/29/2012

R311 is bitter and single.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 31210/29/2012

The Amazing Race (2.4/6) was down by 8% from last week when it followed a football overrun.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 31310/29/2012

[quote]Dark-haired dude was a total asshole at the check-in when he said he was disappointed in second place when it was obvious his girlfriend blamed herself

Eh, they're both smug, obnoxious assholes. They're a good match.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 31410/29/2012

I was wondering when they'd get to a non-elimination, it took a while, but I do remember Phil saying at the beginning that he'd be eliminating most of the teams.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 31510/30/2012

[quote]it was eerie that a little black goat led them to the marked bamboo poles. They're the sexiest team as far as I'm concerned. The most handsome and the best dressed and have the best temprament.

LOL. I see the beekman "boys" have arrived @R308. You two are about as sexy as my 2 vegan aunts who are librarians and have never married and live together with all those cats.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 31610/30/2012

I'm really loving this season.

Sorry to offend anyone, but, really, I would never visit the cesspool known as Bangladesh.

Wow.

I like the blond haired James. or Jaymes. He has a hot accent, and looks like he's packing big.

The gays are pretty cool, too.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 31710/30/2012

To me the teaser for next week was the best thing of the episode. Oh, and the little boy joining the go Twinnie chant.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 31810/30/2012

The goat farmers are fine, but agree that Trey needs more screen time.

It is surprising that anyone would call the g. farmers sexy.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 31910/30/2012

[quote] The goat farmers are fine, but agree that Trey needs more screen time. It is surprising that anyone would call the g. farmers sexy.

which is why it is obvious that the post in question was made by one of the goat farmers.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 32010/30/2012

I think Trey appears in a car commercial, at least locally here in Washington.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 32110/30/2012

[quote]but I do remember Phil saying at the beginning that he'd be eliminating most of the teams

As he does every season. All but three teams.

Total snore of a season, though at least the tasks were somewhat difficult (if mostly just physical) this leg. This race is way too straight forward. Was hoping to see the "boys" sashay away. Hopefully next week.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 32211/01/2012

I've taken to yelling "YOU JUST COST ME A MILLION DOLLARS!" at any service person that disappoints me.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 32411/01/2012

I'm really surprised that Trey and his attachment haven't been doing better -- I had them pegged from the outset as winners, since the young and athletic teams tend to do best on TAR.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 32511/04/2012

Remember - it's a feets episode tonight!! And we get to see Jaymes in his natural habitat - a bathhouse!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 32611/04/2012

Fuck! Tommy is home today.

I'll see if I can preoccupy him in the Northwest wing of the compound.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 32711/04/2012

And the twinnies fuck over the rock stars. Is what they did against the rules?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 32811/04/2012

OMG - Ryan in the Turkish bath with his feets - HAWT!!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 32911/04/2012

Just starting on the East Coast.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 33011/04/2012

I'm always whipped after a long haul flight....it must be tough to have to actually DO something other than go to the hotel and nap.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 33111/04/2012

Dear lord Jaymes and James are hopeless.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 33211/04/2012

Damn, now I don't hate the fake rock stars anymore. Karma is going to get those nasty twins.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 33311/04/2012

I don't watch much TV, so I haven't seen a lot of political ads...but these Romney ads are both irritating and (seemly) ineffectual.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 33411/04/2012

I hope Phil has a great surprise for the thieving twins.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 33511/04/2012

Wait til you hear Phil's 'master baker' line. He's such a cheeky monkey.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 33611/04/2012

I still love the twins - and the conniving blonde cheerleader!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 33711/04/2012

Someone threw the twins their clue from the clue box. Don't you have to pick the clue out yourself? I sure hope so. However, the twins didn't seem upset in their interviews so far, so I doubt that anything happens to them. I'm sure the chippendales don't get eliminated this week since they were shown in Amsterdam in the previews the first week.

Damn those goat gays are dumb. How could they not read the f'ng clue correctly????

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 33811/04/2012

Master baker. Hee hee.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 33911/04/2012

Dr. Brent has a "nice, flat head."

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 34011/04/2012

Damn there was some fine flesh on display in that Turkish bath. Having been to one in Istanbul I can tell you that you would NEVER see men and women in one at the same time. That is absolutely forbidden.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 34111/04/2012

Jaymes and his feets!!!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 34211/04/2012

Trey's pecs and abs!! OMG!!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 34311/04/2012

pulling the chippendale's pants open to pour water down.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 34411/04/2012

I think there was a quick butt cheek shot of Jaymes.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 34511/04/2012

I hate this WOOOOOOOO business

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 34611/04/2012

They win 5 nights in Australia and will spend the same amount of time traveling to and from there. Not the best prize.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 34711/04/2012

Five days in a hotel room with Trey is worth it, Gisele.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 34811/04/2012

Aren't Trey and Lexi virgins saving themselves for marriage. Are they going to share a room, and bed, on the trip?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 34911/04/2012

Teams with rolling suitcases do NOT win the Race.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 35011/04/2012

Sick of that show off trucker idiot anyway.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 35111/04/2012

dammit, the three I've waited to see half naked the most did the bagel challenge. I wonder if controversial tats had anything to do with their decisions?

oh, and nothing but fucking romney ads for the entire hour.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 35211/04/2012

This leg was really an eye opener:

- Both gay teams seem pretty dumb. The farmers couldn't read the clues right and had to buy ice creams twice. The Strippers don't realize what their strengths are, Jaymes would have sold those drinks faster than shy James. But still I'm rooting for those two teams.

- I was rooting for the twins until now. They have shown their true colors, and bad karma will catch them. Also, the Christians should know that stealing is a big NO NO in the Bible.

- The Rockers have gone up in my estimation. They seem graceful and nice people, but I don't think they will win. Grandpa Abba will make them lose.

- I still can´t stand the Alpha male team, I hope they lose, but I have a strong suspicion they will win it. That type of team always wins it.

- I'm glad the Monster Truckers are out. They seem tea party republicans.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 35311/04/2012

Who's the alpha male team, R353?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 35411/04/2012

but you could just tell the monster trucker had a nice chest. It was a shame not to bare it.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 35511/04/2012

TAR is being ripped a new hole on FB because they didn't punish The Twins/Team Texas.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 35611/04/2012

[quote]you could just tell the monster trucker had a nice chest

LOL!!! The monster trucker was a fat old pig.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 35711/04/2012

I the long haired seem like nice people

I'm sure TAR staff "helped" them raise the money for the leg knowing that the other teams took their money..so rude.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 35811/04/2012

Jaymes makes me want to touch myself. He has a great body and fun personality.

I was really nervous the Beekman Boys or the Chippendales would be eliminated. So glad they made it.

The monster truckers came off good in this episode and redeemed themselves in my eyes. The husband seemed abusive in earlier episodes to his wife.

I felt bad for the rockers. They believed that it was an accident they lost money. They had to ask the poor people of Bangladesh for money. The Sri Lankan twins really are bad apples. The race should be played fair.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 35911/04/2012

Troy's nips.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 36011/04/2012

This is a bad trend that I hope TAR will move to change. If there's no rule that a team can steal from another team, there needs to be one for next season. Otherwise, dirty tricks will take over, I think. One of the things I like about TAR is that there's a remarkable LACK of dirty tricks for a reality show. I'd hate to lose that.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 36111/04/2012

[quote]I was really nervous the Beekman Boys or the Chippendales would be eliminated.

As has already been pointed out on this thread, the Chippendales were shown in the previews in Amsterdam during the first week's show. So until they get to Holland they are in no danger of leaving.

[quote]I'm sure TAR staff "helped" them raise the money for the leg knowing that the other teams took their money..so rude.

Absolutely right. There is no way they could get all that money so easily in a dirt poor country without the producers' help.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 36211/04/2012

I think the Beekman Boys knew that a shirtless episode was due, and figured out that the Turkish bath detour was it. I'm sure they compare themselves constantly to the Chippendales and to the two str8 hunks, and risked falling behind and even possibly losing in order not to subject themselves to ridicule from overly critical gay fans (oh, like the kind you find here on DL, perhaps?).

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 36311/04/2012

Oh, and I'm now completely disgusted with the twins for stealing the Rockers' money, and am completely disappointed in Trey and Lexi for playing along with them. The fact that none of them were even penalized at the end of the leg is completely mystifying to me. Is CBS saying that it's OK for one team to steal from another?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 36411/04/2012

In a season awhile back, some team was penalized for hiding another teams materials to build I think a bike but stealing money is fine?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 36511/04/2012

I'm sure on survivor ..you can't steal someone's immunity ..you let others know about it but I think the finder is the owner. Am I right?

TAR should have never let that happen.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 36611/04/2012

It's the producers fault that the Twinnies and Trey and Lexie stole the money. I'm certain if both teams knew that Abba and James had received heartbreaking news from home last week they would've behaved differently. I don't know why the show doesn't allow teams to mingle after the challenges anymore.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 36711/04/2012

TAR has always helped whichever teams the producers want to make it to the final. The "rules" have always been applied selectively.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 36811/04/2012

that's not twue, r368. Fow most of the wace's histowy if you came in last duwing an non-elimination leg you would have to litewally beg youw way back in.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 36911/04/2012

I'd gladly buy a drink from James' snake.

So long Rooster Cogburn!

The twins taking the brothers money was low. I hope Karma bites them in their cooches.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 37011/04/2012

We got to see Trey's saucer-sized nipples and people are carrying on about dirty tricks. Have people lost all sense of what is really important?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 37111/04/2012

Trey is a p-whipped bandit.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 37211/04/2012

Trey is hot. Glad the eye candy - ie, Trey + Chippendales - is keeping out of last place.

The Beekmans need to shut up about that damn farm - get a new soundbite for gosh sakes!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 37311/04/2012

I wanted to see the Beekman's naked. Instead I got grousing with pastry balanced upon its head.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 37411/04/2012

They probably wanted to make sure the story got in somewhere so they used it every time. They didn't realize, I'll bet, that CBS would use it every time.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 37511/05/2012

r361 - No one was "tricked" - Team Hair misplaced their money. They were pretty cool about it and knew it was their own fault.

The twins were clearly hoping the money belonged to Abbey & Asshole, and it was a reasonable, if not particularly sporting, tactic to keep it.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 37611/05/2012

[quote]I wanted to see the Beekman's naked.

Why?????????????

Those are the 2 least attractive guys on the race.

EWWWWWWW.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 37711/05/2012

Oh those Sri Lanken twins are despicable. I just hope one of them gets kicked in the head by a horse in the next challenge right in front of her sister.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 37811/05/2012

[quote]pulling the chippendale's pants open to pour water down.

I'm sure he's used to that, only usually it's money that goes in, not water.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 37911/05/2012

The other James would have been the better seller. He's got the personality for it.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 38011/05/2012

I hope James and Abba find a way to repay those people who loaned them money.

Favorite part of the episode: Jaymes telling the camera he wasn't sure of their current placement, and advising the audience to look at the bottom of the screen to see what position they were in. Fortunately the CBS editors complied.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 38111/05/2012

I just love Jaymes.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 38211/05/2012

[quote] This is a bad trend that I hope TAR will move to change. If there's no rule that a team can steal from another team, there needs to be one for next season. Otherwise, dirty tricks will take over

Okay, they did not STEAL the money. As ugly as what those twins did was, one team's money fell out of their bag, and the twins picked it up as "found" money.

THAT'S why TAR didn't penalize them. It's a HUGE technicality, but the twins didn't steal the money. They "found" the money.

Nevertheless, taking $100 of "found" money in such a poor country like Bangladesh, was beyond reprehensible. And being from Sri Lanka, they should have known better. If I was related to those twins, or even knew them, I'd be ashamed and embarassed.

I'm happy the Republican monster truckers went home. They were obnoxious.

The openly gay team is so goddamned boring. And stupid. I wouldn't be sad if they went home.

I am so hot for James and Jaymes. Those two are two beautiful hunks of 6'4" meat, and they're both incredibly sexy. LOVE them, and I was so scared they almost went home.

I like the bitter 2nd place team. The guy (I can't remember his name) is so snarky, and he's constantly cutting down the other teams. LOL. I forgot the line, but he referred to the six other racers in the travel agency as being DUMB. And it's hilarious that he hates the twins and the rockers.

This episode has made me want to go to Turkey. What a beautiful country!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 38311/05/2012

More discussion about me, please.

What would y'all like to be doing to me?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 38411/05/2012

I just vomited a little...

Only a couple of times this week did they have to tell us their fairy tale about losing their jobs and having to save the farm... except this time they saved the whole fucking town while they were at it. Get over yourselves boys.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 38511/05/2012

[quote]Favorite part of the episode: Jaymes telling the camera he wasn't sure of their current placement, and advising the audience to look at the bottom of the screen to see what position they were in. Fortunately the CBS editors complied.

LOVED that moment.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 38611/05/2012

Abba was surprisingly hot near-naked (with the flesh-colored thing he was wearing, I was taken aback for a moment when I thought he WAS naked) -- as were both Jaymes and James, who were less chunky than I expected. Trey, OTOH, was a disappointment, despite what some say here, because he's too white and hairless and the top half of his torso is overdeveloped.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 38711/05/2012

Jaymes & James might be breakout TAR contestants...like the cowboys. Not too bright, but cute and nice. (The red-headed cowboy, not the dark-haired one).

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 38811/05/2012

Trey's nipples--We want to cover you in Tupelo honey and suck. Bet you already knew that.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 38911/05/2012

Dear Trey's nipples: a few simple words -- spring-loaded clothes pins.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 39011/05/2012

To his credit, Trey was initially opposed to keeping the found money, but gave in to the majority. Am I the only one who heard him say he didn't want some dude in the Turkish bath. Did it turn out that all the attendants were guys? Trey is cute but dumb.

On flying to Austalia, you get jet lag on the way back...not on the way over.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 39111/05/2012

I'd love to see Jaymes as a contestant on a summer season of Big Brother... lots of shirtless shots.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 39211/05/2012

Jaymes Chippendale pose link possibly NSFW

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 39311/05/2012

[quote]Okay, they did not STEAL the money. As ugly as what those twins did was, one team's money fell out of their bag, and the twins picked it up as "found" money.

Horsehit. The other team was in the same room and they knew it. The whispered and conspired, where they simply had to say "Did anyone lose some money?" They didn't. They STOLE it.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 39411/05/2012

Hope this works.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 39511/05/2012

Trey in uniform.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 39611/05/2012

My God that Christian boy is all kinds of sexy hot.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 39711/05/2012

Lexi reminds me of Buffy from 'Family Affair' as she must have looked in death.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 39811/05/2012

Ryan gets his feets scrubbed.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 39911/05/2012

[quote]This episode has made me want to go to Turkey. What a beautiful country!

No shit, especially after Bangladesh.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 40011/05/2012

[quote]I hope James and Abba find a way to repay those people who loaned them money.

Gullible much?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 40111/05/2012

What a week to have a hurricane. I guess I'll watch it online.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 40211/05/2012

Love that screencap @ r399. Ryan's bulge was glorious and the feet scrubber is pretty hot himself. I want to see it turn into a porno.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 40311/05/2012

Istanbul is beautiful and HUGE!!!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 40411/05/2012

Poor Brent looked like he was going to burst into tears when he had to fight for the ice cream cone.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 40511/05/2012

Brent is very unhealthy looking now that he lost so much weight. And they both seem borderline retarded.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 40611/05/2012

I thought it was Ryan who said he didn't want a male masseuse. More fodder for supporting the idea he has issues with his sexuality.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 40711/05/2012

Sorry, but the twinnies and Team Texas should have been penalized...what are the odds that they just happened to find US currency? They knew exactly where it came from and they stole it. Bad form for the producers not to call them out on it.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 40811/05/2012

James Chippendale needs a chin implant in the worst way possible.

The men of Turkey seem so flirty and sexed-up. Is bisexuality a common thing there? They all seemed gay in the bazaar.

Thank goodness they finally make it to Europe next week. The European episodes are always so much better. I love the beautiful scenery.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 40911/05/2012

What does that Turkish sherbet drink taste like?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 41011/05/2012

It's şerbet in Turkish.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 41111/05/2012

The Beekman's naked what? Naked houseboy? Naked goats?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 41211/05/2012

Without a football lead-in, The Amazing Race (2.5/6) was flat with last week.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 41311/05/2012

[quote]Damn, now I don't hate the fake rock stars anymore. Karma is going to get those nasty twins.

James Lomenzo is a bassist who has played for White Lion, Megadeth, David Lee Roth and Ozzy Osbourne. He's very wealthy and has performed in front of sold out arenas for millions of people. If you add up the album sales from albums he's performed bass on, it's probably close to 100 million. He's not a fake rocker at all.

Abba is a lawyer for musicians, he's probably not hurting either and I'm sure he's a multimillionaire several times over. Knowing they are the wealthiest in the group, I don't really care if they win, but they are genuine, nice guys and I hope they go far.

Stripper Jaymes has a great personality, I can see why he's becoming a fan favorite.

The Indian girls should be disqualified from the show.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 41411/05/2012

Maybe it's having been on the road as rockers/rock support for so long, but the rock guys DO NOT PANIC, and they just take it in and go. I usually like an underdog team, but these guys are a very strong combo, and I wouldn't mind seeing them win.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 41511/05/2012

Those shriekLankan twins have worn very thin, very quickly. They stole that money and they should have been penalised or disqualified.

The rockers don't need the money presumably so whatever, though I like how the handle adversity.

The Beekman'boys' are behaving in a really stupid manner at times. I really wanted to root for them. Hopefully if they stay in they can lay off the Wonderful Life routine about how they saved a farm and a whole entire town.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 41611/05/2012

What is up with saving the town? I caught that last night but don't know what they meant.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 41711/05/2012

Las Beekmans are circling that drain closer and closer every episode. Hope they finally get off my screen next week.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 41811/05/2012

"I thought it was Ryan who said he didn't want a male masseuse."

It was Ryan. Ryan and Trey walked in together, and were shown together right after the remark. But, the voice matches Ryan's, not Trey's. I thought Trey was more likely to use the word 'dude,' but was wrong.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 41911/05/2012

A man who gives massages is a "masseur" and a woman who gives massages is a "masseuse."

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 42011/05/2012

One shocking development is Ryan's full throated defense of the Terrible Twins on Titter. He explained that what wasn't shown was the Twins impassioned attempts to turn the money over to production, but they were rebuffed. The show has a non-interference directive when it comes to the race. It's the highest ideal of the Amazing Race.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 42111/05/2012

Why couldn't the twins have just given them the money after the fact?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 42211/05/2012

Ryan's twitter page

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 42311/05/2012

Abbie Twitter Page

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 42411/05/2012

Twinnie #1 Twitter

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 42511/05/2012

Oh sure, now they are whining about the "villain edit"...

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 42611/05/2012

Twinnie #2 Twitter

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 42711/05/2012

Phil's tweet on the matter.

"Lot of reactions 2 last night's episode. Questionable sportsmanship? Your call. But not against the rules 2 keep lost $ found on the ground."

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 42811/05/2012

[quote}The show has a non-interference directive when it comes to the race. It's the highest ideal of the Amazing Race.

Exactly, the producers don't step in as to affect the race. They probably tried to hand it over to the producers after they left the travel agency to hinder the Rock Stars. They were on camera taking the money, whispering and being secretive. The twins knew where the money was from, they were all in the same room at the time and it was their responsibility to return it to the rightful owner.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 42911/05/2012

I love that the exotic Sri-Lankin's last name is Anderson.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 43011/05/2012

[quote]I love that the exotic Sri-Lankin's last name is Anderson.

And are originally from Brooklyn. Thanks for paying attention, r430

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 43111/05/2012

Am I the only one who saw asshole Ryan steal the cab from the LEGLESS local man in a makeshift wheelchair??

WHAT A DICK!!!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 43211/05/2012

James Lomenzo (rocker) is a really nice guy. My sister dated Mike for a while (the HOT lead singer from White Lion) many years ago and I met them all several times.

After Mike dumped her (aka, after she caught him in their hotel room with another chick), James and his then girlfriend let her stay with them. She said James was truly the nicest guy on the band.

Here's a photo of them. James was a cutie. (2nd from left)

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 43311/05/2012

Oh, that's hot. Very homoerotic pic. I'd love to see James and the hot guy on the far left make out. Damn.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 43411/05/2012

Beekman Boys twitter

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 43511/05/2012

Did he steal the cab? Or was the man trying to beg. I thought they highlighted that because Ryan didn't give him anything and then later the natives gave the Rockers money when they begged.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 43611/05/2012

[quote]Exactly, the producers don't step in as to affect the race.

It's like the Prime Directive...

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 43711/05/2012

The one Kirk broke week after week? If there's no interference then are we now saying the producers didn't make sure they got money.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 43811/05/2012

[quote]The one Kirk broke week after week?

?? What post are you referring to?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 43911/05/2012

The Prime Directive post.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 44011/05/2012

--Appreciate the pic and 'inside' info, R433

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 44111/05/2012

[quote]They had to ask the poor people of Bangladesh for money.

Yes... those well-dressed, well-groomed, perfect-English-speaking poor people of Bangladesh who not only very gleefully gave money to the Rockers but even asked them how much money they wanted.

Judging by the couple of people shown giving the Rockers money, the "poor people of Bangladesh" seem to be doing very well indeed. That poor woman must have been late for her spa appointment because of the Rockers begging for money.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 44211/05/2012

I hate those Sri Lakunt "twinnies". I hope karma kicks them in the kunt.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 44311/05/2012

Sorry don't buy the "found" money. They knew it was the rockers and took it which could have completely lost them the leg. It's not like a team asking you for directions and sending them the wrong way. The rockers didn't ask to have their money stolen. Or like next week, when they forget or leave their bag somewhere that is their fault.

This puts TAR in a bad light.

Have the rockers tweeted?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 44411/05/2012

The well dressed ones gave money, but they did ask poor people until the well dressed ones came up to them.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 44511/05/2012

Justin (from Zev and Justin_ tweeted...

If we knew mugging other teams was legal we would've played it differently. @AmazingRace_CBS @zevglassenberg @mikewhiteMW @JenMarieHoffman

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 44611/05/2012

It's too bad the Rockers assumed the money fell out in the taxi. They could have said, when everyone was still there, "Hey everyone, our money fell out of the bag. Can you please look around and help us find it?"

[quote]This puts TAR in a bad light.

How, exactly? Afterall, the money was provided by TAR in the first place. It's not the show's responsibility to baby-sit the teams, otherwise the show would be expected to step in each and every time a team did something stupid or immoral, like leave their passports in a Russian taxi or on the ground at an L.A. gas station, or lose their clue, or accidentally take another teams backpacks, or intentionally take another team's taxi, or give another team false directions... and on and on and on...

This wasn't against the rules, and why should it be? It wouldn't be an issue if the Rockers were more diligent with their money. The interaction of the teams whether good or bad is one of the things that makes the show. How boring it would be if behavior were regulated by a bunch of nanny producers.

Yeah, it was pure cuntiness on the part of the Twinnies, but that's The Amazing Race.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 44711/05/2012

A bigger pic of Ryan and his feets.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 44811/05/2012

It's inspiring that fat rooster Rob learned to love gays thanks to the Beekman's.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 44911/05/2012

[quote]The twins knew where the money was from, they were all in the same room at the time and it was their responsibility to return it to the rightful owner.

It wasn't the twins responsibility to do anything with the money. It was Team Hair's responsibility to hold onto it. It was cheeky to keep it, but not a big deal.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 45011/05/2012

TAR is no more "real" than any other "reality" show. the producers control the results all the time on all reality shows.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 45111/05/2012

you sound wrong and cynical.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 45211/05/2012

You sound naive and silly.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 45311/05/2012

[quote]It's inspiring that fat rooster Rob learned to love gays thanks to the Beekman's.

Yeah, that's great. Maybe it will inspire you to learn when to use an apostrophe.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 45411/05/2012

Why would the twins have to ask the producers to take the money? All they had to do was walk over and ASK the rockers if it was their money.

Some of you would find excuses for a serial rapist.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 45511/05/2012

R455? Fuck you. Just fuck you. There is no NEED to say something like, "Some of you would find excuses for a serial rapist." That is completely uncalled for. There is NO excusing a serial rapist. Thankfully, when that unfortunate incident happens, women's bodies have a way of shuting the whole thing down.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 45611/06/2012

Wow, that Ryan guy has tiny nips.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 45711/06/2012

The TV crew following the Rockers may have been why people were willing to give them money. People may have assumed the rockers were important or something and wanted to help or just be in front of the American cameras. Just a thought.

I saw White Lion in concert when they were the opening act for AC/DC at the Richfield Coliseum.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 45811/06/2012

[quote]The TV crew following the Rockers may have been why people were willing to give them money. People may have assumed the rockers

Well, they are huge rock "stars" so I just assumed those poor people all knew who they were.

LOL.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 45911/06/2012

I'm thinking the people who gave the rockers money might not have actually been 'poor', and least not by Bangladeshi standards.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 46011/06/2012

I'm not suggesting that Bangladeshi people recognized the rockers but instead were attracted/intrigued by the camera crew. Would you be a bit curious if you saw two men in your tiny town being followed by a film crew? Would you stop if they approached you? Would you want to help them if you knew you were being filmed?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 46111/06/2012

The point is...where did all these well off english speaking bangladeshis come from all of a sudden? Were they working with the production crew?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 46211/06/2012

Give it gurl. Your mother needs you upstairs.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 46311/06/2012

I keep thinking Jaymes would be one sweet top. I get totally turned on every time he's on screen. Incredible body, great personality.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 46411/06/2012

Jaymes a top? Hahahahaha. James on the other hand...

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 46511/06/2012

[quote]Would you be a bit curious if you saw two men in your tiny town being followed by a film crew?

The Amazing Race is also broadcast all over the world.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 46611/06/2012

Mmm.. how much do I want this man pounding my feets...

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 46711/06/2012

No, R462 Not everyone in Bangladesh lives in dirt and filth. Most, yes. All, no.

R461 Has a good point that is probably accurate. People want to be on TV, which made it easier for them to get money from people.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 46811/06/2012

It's on tonight!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 46911/11/2012

Anyone have a favorite team?

I'm rooting for The Rockers!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 47011/11/2012

Gisele, I was watching football this afternoon, and saw one of the New England Patriots patting Tom Brady on the butt. I know this will come as a shock to you, but I thought you should hear it from someone close to you.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 47111/11/2012

It looked to me like the first lady to give the rockers some money and who spoke almost perfect English, got the money from the back of that big assed Mercedes stopped on the street.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 47211/11/2012

R472 She's the Bangladeshi Ann Romney (except for the part about giving money to strangers.)

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 47311/11/2012

[quote]TAR is no more "real" than any other "reality" show. the producers control the results all the time on all reality shows.

This accusation gets made every season, and shot down every season. It's considered a game show, therefore it's a federal crime to fix it.

Aside from the fact (as has been pointed out), "fixing" the show on the fly would involve that many more teams of production staff, etc. These races are mapped out WELL in advance, and require massive planning/permits/government permissions, fees, etc.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 47411/11/2012

No it's not, R466. Not the American version, anyway. Don't lie for the sake of an argument.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 47511/11/2012

Oooh, swimming challenge! Speedo alert!! The Chippendales in speedos!!!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 47611/11/2012

R471 - I saw that. He is being dealt with as I type.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 47711/11/2012

The bathing caps are hysterical.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 47811/11/2012

Jaymes and James in speedos... sweet!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 47911/11/2012

Unfortunately, Trey picks the task where his clothes stay on.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 48011/11/2012

My thoughts too R480

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 48111/11/2012

The Chips in that hilarious synch swim challenge have me laughing so hard, like a great old Lucy routine. Or Streisand going the wrong way on roller skates. All this elegance and then them diving on their tummie, moving like oafs.

They are adorable though and you have to admit the ShriLankan sisters are a blast too, the giggle over no cabs stopping for them when they were VIPs in Bangladesh. THANK GOD the show has remembered to cast some teams with personalities again. A few dull ones slipped through but I love a lot of these people. A return to form!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 48211/11/2012

Also, challenges are pretty hard this year...both the library task and the swimming are not gimmes.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 48311/11/2012

Those Texans certainly are brighter than they look.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 48411/11/2012

So who's going home, the goat farmers? I wonder how many hours they and Abbie/Ryan were behind?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 48511/11/2012

I love when Phil sends people to "spahs"

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 48611/11/2012

Agree, would've been nice to see Tex in those speedos. He has a truly great mouth. And, for once, am rooting for goat boys, would be nice to eliminate the ugly breeder couple.

And one more things: Russians are coming across really wonderful in this. Warm and funny and calm and not any of the cold stereotypes. And their country looks beautiful.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 48711/11/2012

Wil this be a two part episode?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 48811/11/2012

Trey and his girlfriend seem really sweet. I'm pulling for them and James and Jaymes for the finals.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 48911/11/2012

No, R488. They've already had a team come in first place.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 49011/11/2012

those beekman boys in speedos....ewwwwwwwww. The rock "stars" looked better.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 49111/11/2012

I'd love to be pullin' on something on Jaymes and James...

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 49211/11/2012

That moment with the sisters was very endearing. I was preparing myself for an epic bitchfest about racism in Russia, but then they started giggling and made the crack about Bangladesh.

The synchronized swim task is one of the better ones they've had in a while. Not only did we get speedos and those awesome caps, but it requires skill and stamina while not being impossible to complete.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 49311/11/2012

Ruh roh... the rockers are in twubble!

And I guess it will be a two-parter. Sorry, R488.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 49411/11/2012

Yup, to be contunued.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 49511/11/2012

That was so f'ng dumb...leaving all your belongings in a cab in Russia! Dumb. Speaking of dumb...that goat farmer queen can't swim? What a mess those 2 are. Why doesn't that other team leave? How long will this take?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 49611/11/2012

Damn!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 49711/11/2012

Just when I make a nasty comment about them upstream, Ryan and Abbie do something honorable by waiting. To their credit. I don't think the AR gang would let them go home after that anyway -- so bye bye goat boys or yet another non-elimanation.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 49811/11/2012

Okay, I'm gay and even I can't suffer the two goat farmer queens.

Seriously, they need to go.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 49911/11/2012

I cannot believe the other team is sticking around for this. Go, go! And I say this as someone who is rooting for the goat farmers.

Leave your bags in the cab if you must, but ALWAYS keep your passport on you. Jeez.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 50011/11/2012

Yeah, thought that was pretty decent of Abbie & Ryan to stay.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 50111/11/2012

What do the previews indicate? Did the final 2 teams from tonight have to do another task so determine the loser of that leg? they just showed the 2 of them doing a task and no one else.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 50211/11/2012

It looks bad for the Beekman Boys. Hopefully, the rockers never find their passports. From the previews we know Ryan and Abbie make it to the next leg. Jaymes and James looked great.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 50311/11/2012

Yay! Naked Beekman's!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 50411/11/2012

The Chippendales are such adorably sexy puppy dogs! I want one. Or both.

The twins are my favourite girl team since Charla & Mirna. "We fight like a married couple then make up like little kids."

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 50511/11/2012

The Chips remind me of so many dude friends I have had through the years that are just so good-hearted and fun that you almost forget how beautiful they are physically. Almost. And I love that one of them is gay and like this, not just the straight one. If only there were a billion of them out there just like this.

Chips for the win!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 50611/11/2012

I find the Beekman's too beautiful to bare.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 50711/11/2012

I've come to like the Chippendales much more than I thought I would--and having them in speedos for an extended time tonight was just, well, proverbial icing on the cake.

Overall, this has been the best season in a while.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 50811/11/2012

Tonight's episode was proof of why it deserves its Emmys year after year.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 50911/11/2012

I'm very happy with the first and second place finishes. Both Trey and Lexi & James and Jaymes have been very positive, friendly teams (most teams this season have been as well) and it was good to see them finish at the top.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 51011/11/2012

Lexi is too broody for her own good. She's going to chase Trey away if she keeps nagging him about putting a ring on her finger.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 51111/11/2012

Jayme's music video.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 51211/11/2012

God, I wanted to see Trey in a speedo tonight.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 51311/11/2012

Nobody looked sexy with that floral shower cap on their head.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 51411/11/2012

They were wearing floral shower caps? My attention was elsewhere. ;0

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 51511/11/2012

The short Beekman looked pissed because he couldn't wear the pink swimsuit that the girls wore. I think he was happy with the floral bathing cap.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 51611/11/2012

OK, that music for the pool routine will stick to my brain like a fungus for the next few hours.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 51711/11/2012

Cheers to Lexi and Trey for getting through the Russian library roadblock. I spent 10 days in Moscow, and never figured it out. They are much smarter than I initially thought. Hope they win it all this season.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 51811/11/2012

Thank you, Amazing Race, for giving me my weekly primetime dose of beefcake!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 51911/11/2012

Sigh. We missed seeing Trey in a speedo. Maybe he can not swim well.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 52011/12/2012

So how many gays are on this season and are they all still in the running?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 52111/12/2012

Wow! We didn't hear a single fucking thing about goats or farms or losing our jobs.

Now that's Amazing.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 52211/12/2012

The gorgeous chips talking the twins out of using their express pass was very nice. It was not the time to use it. I'm sure the twins will NOT thank them for it. If you could swim you passed the sych swim thing eventually as the long hairs proved. Those beekman boys looked awful in speedos and swam like rocks. too sad.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 52311/12/2012

I've noticed that with most tasks requiring people to learn or practice a skill or dance, eventually, they let them through. The Russian swim coach was a hardass, but she probably had a set number of times she would let them do it before saying: oh, just go ahead.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 52411/12/2012

Who's the gushing frau who keeps going on and on about how "beautiful" the "Beekmans" are?

Jesus Christ, give it a fucking rest mary.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 52511/12/2012

Thank you R525.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 52611/12/2012

[quote]No it's not, [R466]. Not the American version, anyway. Don't lie for the sake of an argument.

Dude, "The Amazing Race" whether the American version or not is broadcast all over the world including Asia. The site of two backpacked people being followed by a camera crew in a race is not entirely foreign to everyone they meet. Plus the fact it's 2012 and there are DVD's and episodes streamed on line.

The United States version of The Amazing Race is rebroadcast in several countries around the world. Episodes of The Amazing Race also air in several other countries shortly after the American broadcast, including Latin America, China, Vietnam and the Philippines.

The popularity of the show though the service led to CBS allowing for the option of creating international versions of the show in October 2005. The Amazing Race Asia was one of the first versions created, following essentially the same format as the United States version.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 52711/12/2012

[quote] you have to admit the ShriLankan sisters are a blast too, the giggle over no cabs stopping for them when they were VIPs in Bangladesh.

[quote]The twins are my favourite girl team since Charla & Mirna. "We fight like a married couple then make up like little kids."

Are you kidding? They are THEIVES, then they bitch to the swimming teacher that she doesn't speak English. You're in Russia, Fools. The Rockers were robbed twice in the race.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 52811/12/2012

r528 - last night was their fault. If you're traveling in a race like this, I'm guessing the one thing you'd always be mindful of is having your passport on you at all times. Fanny packs might not fit the rocker image, but they'd keep them in the race.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 52911/12/2012

How cute that some of you think that one of the Chippendales is straight.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 53011/12/2012

I think Jaymes and James are a couple, actually.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 53111/12/2012

Why do both of the Chippendales have the same scar on the upper part of their arm?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 53211/12/2012

"I think Jaymes and James are a couple, actually. "

If they weren't before the race, they will be by the end and that would be a good thing.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 53311/12/2012

I LOVED this episode.

And the Chips! JESUS!!! I love them. Which is gay?

But, and I've been a fan since Team Guido, for the love of Chanel, PLEASE find a masculine gay couple again.

I mean, even the pretty Russian girl with the jacked teeth was making fun of little Beekman.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 53411/12/2012

R534- Jaymes, the blonde is gay.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 53511/12/2012

I agree. It was nice for a change not to hear about losing jobs, raising goats and almost losing the farm.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 53611/12/2012

This show is so much better when they race in Europe. The scenery is better, and the challenges are better.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 53711/12/2012

r535, wow, that's what I was hoping. So fucking hot.

How do you know?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 53811/12/2012

Jaymes came out in the Advocate or something.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 53911/12/2012

[quote]last night was their fault.

Both times were their fault. Doesn't take away the fact that the twinnies went from one of the best teams in years to petty theives.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 54011/12/2012

[quote]If you're traveling in a race like this, I'm guessing the one thing you'd always be mindful of is having your passport on you at all times.

Right, Zev?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 54111/12/2012

And what about this from the article makes you think he's NOT openly gay, R542?

“I was from such a sheltered area. You can’t fault people for being ignorant when they don’t know any better,” he says. “Growing up, the only things I thought you could be if you were gay was a hairdresser or a drag queen. Those aren’t bad—we need hairdressers and drag queens—but I felt like I didn’t fit in. My church and my family were telling me I couldn’t be gay, but I knew what I felt and who I was, but I just didn’t see any role models.” Growing up this way took a toll on his self-confidence, and it would be years before Jaymes would be in a place where he could fully be himself—and be proud of it. “That’s what sucks the most when I look back on it—I was taught that it was a big deal. I was taught to feel bad about myself, that it was a struggle,” he says. “All I should have been taught is that ‘you are you, you are love, and it’s not a big deal.’”

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 54311/12/2012

Jaymes came out on one of the talk shows, Ellen maybe

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 54411/12/2012

Part of me respects the decision the Beekman Boys and Ryan & Abbie made to finish the leg together rather than compete against each other. Actually I'm shocked that the previously uber-competitive Ryan & Abbie would agree to it.

But I don't understand how they are thinking it would end. Even if they try to step on the pit stop mat at the same time, one of the duos has to be considered the last place team. So did they make an agreement (that we didn't see) that one of the them would voluntarily take last place?

Props again to Ryan & Abbie for waiting at the syncho swimming challenge. It's at that point that the Beekman's should release them from whatever deal they've made and tell them it's stupid for them to sit and watch when they could be finishing up the leg. I have a feeling that's what we'll see in Part 2 - the Beekman's will tell them to just go. It's what I would do.

In the preview we see Ryan & Abbie competing in the next leg, but not the rockers or Beekman Boys. So we don't know if it took longer for the rockers to get their luggage back (if they even do) or for Beekman's to either complete or give up on the swimming challenge.

This can't be a non-elim leg, can it? The second one is usually closer to the end, but you never know.

Hopefully the Beekman that posts here will explain about the arrangement (among other things) after we see the finale.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 54511/12/2012

[quote] Hopefully, the rockers never find their passports.

Why?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 54611/12/2012

[quote]Those beekman boys looked awful in speedos and swam like rocks. too sad.

No they didn't. They aren't overweight or out of shape, not everyone can be a Chippendale, who makes a living with their body. Their diving was funny.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 54711/12/2012

Did Ryan mention Martha Stewart yet?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 54811/12/2012

That short Beekman Boy looked like Ruth Bader Ginsburg diving into the pool.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 54911/12/2012

What does it mean when you click on the (ff)and then it writes flag saved?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 55011/12/2012

It means you've doomed someone to hell, R550. Hope you're happy with yourself.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 55111/12/2012

R550 It indicates you're into fist-fucking and forwards your identifying information to the FFA. (Fist Fuckers of America.) Hope you've got plenty of lube "on hand"!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 55211/12/2012

i don't get it. Seriously what is flag saved or flag failed in here?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 55311/12/2012

It's 'freaks and flames', R550. In the olden days, there used to be red tags that the moderator would give to asshole freepers, etc., but now you 'ff' people who are racist, etc. I'm not sure it actually does anything, though.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 55411/12/2012

So there is a moderator for this room?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 55511/12/2012

I loved the Sri Lankan sisters until they stole the money...they're still my favorite team in this cast but I don't like as much as before because that just wasn't cool. The country couple split the money with them though, so they're just as guilty. I'm impressed they were able to do find those 4 books, as those 2 seemed to be kinda dumb for the first few legs of the race.

I can't stand Ryan, but I respect how he's acting with the gay couple in this leg.

I'm assuming the gays or the rockers are going to be eliminated at the conclusion of next weekend's episode...

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 55611/12/2012

I wonder if Lexi, or even Trey, worked in a library at some point while they were in high school or the University of Texas. Amazing job finding the four books.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 55711/12/2012

R550, it's the Fast Forward. Take it, take it - before the twinnies get here!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 55811/12/2012

Yeah, dumbfuck at R137, I can't imagine why there's so much talk of a gay couple on a gay site.

Especially when one of the two used to be a DL regular. (Sometimes annoyingly so, but definitely a regular.)

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 55911/12/2012

Why are Ryan and Abbie so mean to Trey and Lexie? Trey and Lexie couldn't be any nicer to everybody if they tried.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 56011/12/2012

How much did we love Jaymes saying that he looked like Mama from "Mama's Family" wearing that flowery swimming cap?

Plus, I loved that they both wore their little Chippendale bow ties while in speedos.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 56111/12/2012

"Trey and Lexie couldn't be any nicer to everybody if they tried."

They could have tried to give the rockers their money back, R560.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 56211/12/2012

What R562 said..

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 56311/12/2012

Ooo, what a burn, r562. High five!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 56411/12/2012

I loved when the Rockers jumped into the pool and the Russian synchro coach was translated as something like "This doesn't look good"

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 56511/12/2012

Ryan filled out that Speedo nicely, front and back.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 56611/12/2012

R547 you're delusional...the gay couple looked awful in their speedos. I expected more out of them to rep harder for us. Fat? no but just average at best...ick. Obviously the Chippendales guys looked the best, then Ryan. Trey would have looked better than Ryan...too bad he did the library challenge instead.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 56711/13/2012

Brent Ridge has a hot little body. I'm not surprised since he's a doctor and knows the benefits of staying trim. It was hard to tell how well Josh was built since he kept his towel around his chest, but the love, tenderness and commitment between the Beekman's is sexier than all the vulgar posing by the strippers. It's amusing, but it's not the kind of thing you bring home to mother. The Beekman's explained how they had to play down their affection for each other on the advice of the producers because the race has been run in Muslim and homophobic countries.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 56811/13/2012

Josh, enough already!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 56911/13/2012

"Brent Ridge" sounds like either a porn star or a soap opera character.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 57011/13/2012

Why are they called Beekman Boys?

I assumed that Beekman was their last name (or at least one of their last names), but that doesn't seem to be the case.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 57111/13/2012

Beekman owned the home they live in

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 57211/13/2012

Their farm upstate is called Beekman Farm. Their reality show is called the Fabulous Beekman Boys.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 57311/13/2012

Oh dear god r568. That is the Frau post of the century and I have never even used the term Frau before. If your big heart, lace hanky and Calico Kitty Cat get in the way of your eyes and your dick that badly, too bad for you.

Beekmans = sad looking in a speedo

Chippendales = hot

It's really just that simple.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 57411/13/2012

Plus, R574, there's nothing to suggest there's a reason not to take Jaymes or James home to meet mother. I think my mother would rather like Jaymes, actually.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 57511/13/2012

[quote]"Brent Ridge" sounds like either a porn star or a soap opera character.

Or possibly a housing development.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 57611/13/2012

They may very well be nice people once you get to know them, but their goat farm story was boring the 2nd time, much more the 10th time. They are pretty shameless self- promoters...Cooking Show is just one example.

Beekmans are playing TAR again four guys who are much more sexy & three with good personalities (James, Jaymes, Trey).. even Ryan has become more likeable.

So far the Beekmans come across as extremely self-involved, sorry I wish I liked them more.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 57711/13/2012

r568 - If you're going to keep stanning over that team, it would be far less irritating if you just stopped with the unnecessary apostrophe.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 57811/14/2012

[quote]Why are they called Beekman Boys?

Why are they called "Boys"????? They're around 50 aren't they?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 57911/14/2012

Waiting to hear which "reality TV couple" will be starting the race very soon. Danielle and Shane from Big Brother? I'd happily watch them over Willie and Russell Hantz.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 58011/14/2012

R580 I vote for the Chmerikovskiy brothers from DWTS.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 58111/14/2012

Great idea but wrong network. Has to be a CBS created couple, right?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 58211/14/2012

Why were the goat farmers in such horrible financial shape if Brent is a doctor?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 58311/14/2012

I believe I read that Brent got caught up in a scam involving fake Faberge Easter eggs.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 58411/15/2012

Hanging out with friends last night (we're an informal TAR fan club), one of them got a text from another of the group...she was at the premiere of The Performers (the new Broadway play about the pron industry), and James & Jaymes were both there! Of course she posed with them and sent a picture.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 58511/15/2012

You must be watching a show in bizarro world r568, because their behavior with each other is about the same as on their canceled reality show, read: completely unaffectionate bordering on pathological. One would never know that they were a couple. They seem physically repulsed by each other.

It's uncomfortable to watch.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 58611/15/2012

I agree, r586. I usually root for the gay teams, but those drones do nothing for me. They're just drab and miserable.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 58711/15/2012

[quote]You must be watching a show in bizarro world [R568], because their behavior with each other is about the same as on their canceled reality show

Cooking Channel announced in April 2012 that it had picked up the series for a third season.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 58811/15/2012

Jaymes and James were in NY last night at the opening of THE PERFORMERS with Henry Winkler, Cheyenne Jackson and Alicia Silverstone. Pics up at playbill. I wonder if my friend Jenni Barber, also in the show, got to meet them?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 58911/15/2012

A commercial that aired during Survivor last night showed that Josh and Brent make it to the next leg!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 59011/15/2012

I think it's clear that either everyone makes it because it's a NEL, or the rockers go because of the passport mess.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 59111/15/2012

Brent and Josh are quite dysfunctional in their relationship, all their lovey-dovey talk aside. There are episodes of their reality show where the passive-agressive levels are hazardous to bystanders.

To the person who asked about why they were poor if Brent was a doctor: He may have graduated medical school, but he worked as an intern with Martha Stewart before being fired (the pathetic co-dependency of which was covered in sad detail on one of their shows). I doubt Brent ever earned a cent as an MD.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 59211/16/2012

I pulled a train with the Beekman goats!

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 59311/16/2012

lmao that Beekman stan needs to quit it.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 59411/16/2012

R534 -- the beekman troll is obviously a beekman. pathetic.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 59511/16/2012

We need a new thread. This one has grown as big as Trey's NIPPLEZ.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 59611/16/2012

R587 - then root for the other gay team, Jaymes & James.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 59711/16/2012

I love that they call themselves "boys". It must be nice to be so deluded at their advanced ages.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 59811/16/2012

I wish Jaymes and James were unshaven. When the fuck do they have time to shave their bodies on the race?

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 59911/16/2012

Link to new thread

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 60011/16/2012

They shave each other in the shower each morning, R599.

by Phil's arched eyebrow reply 60111/16/2012
Need more help? Click Here.