Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Last Resort

I can't figure out how they are going to get more than half a season of plot out of this premise, but the first episode was surprisingly well-paced. More importantly: my tongue, Scott Speedman's asshole!

The Navy SEAL character played by Aussie soap actor Daniel Lissing is also hot.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 6101/24/2013

saw this tonight. the Aussie is hot! and so is Scott Speedman. any scoop or gossip about these hunks?

by Dichen Lachmanreply 110/05/2012

Lissing is 80 shades of yummy although his legs and feets are pasty white.

Andre Braugher is great in this. Scott Speedman is terrific, too. I'm glad the Latina spitfire tank top girl was nowhere to be seen (or heard) in the second episode. Autumn Reeser is miscast as the weapons contractor girl-I keep seeing her as the bossy girl wearing pink cashmere sweaters with matching lipstick on The OC. The blonde wife is too young, can't act and has too many beauty marks on her face. I don't mind Grace, the admiral's daughter. How bad was Karofsky from Glee? Thank God he was killed off, he was absolutely awful.

This is the first new show I'll actually be watching.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 210/06/2012

Hasn't anybody else seen this? Lissing is primo eye candy.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 310/06/2012

yeah, Lissing is HOT! Is he on our team?

by Dichen Lachmanreply 410/06/2012

Daniel Lissing

by Dichen Lachmanreply 510/06/2012

Am liking it a lot. It's different and I love submarine stories, although they don't spend much time on the sub.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 610/06/2012

Daniel Lissing nude

by Dichen Lachmanreply 710/06/2012

Mmmm...thanks, R7.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 810/06/2012

So far, a very good show. Scott Speedman is still hot! Daniel is okay.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 910/06/2012

Lissing's got absolutely beautiful eyes.

I think the bar gal with the Australian accent is actually a North Korean baddie.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 1010/06/2012

This is still on, right? What I mean is, it hasn't been cancelled yet, has it?

New episode tonight?

by Dichen Lachmanreply 1110/11/2012

Could someone explain the plot...I can't understand a damn thing they say the sound is so bad...

by Dichen Lachmanreply 1210/11/2012

R11, yes, there's a new episode on tonight before the debate.

The ratings for it have been disappointing but it's in no danger of impending cancellation.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 1310/11/2012

Why don't they just shoot that thug Julian in the face? The other thugs would desintegrate. Problem solved. The character should be someone you love to hate but instead you just hate him.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 1410/13/2012

That was my question R14. I said the FIRST thing they should have done is shoot that guy in the head.

Apparently the Captain didn't want to get into a Vietnam type situation, fighting a gorilla war on one front and a real war on the other. I thought it was kind of flimsy storytelling.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 1510/13/2012

I had high hopes, but I'm a little disappointed in this so far.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 1610/13/2012

Holy crap, this has just gotten worse and worse with each episode. The last ep was almost wall to wall stupid. Poor, lazy, writing. I'm out.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 1710/13/2012

I can't figure out what's going on most of the time but Scott Speedman looks better than ever!!

by Dichen Lachmanreply 1810/13/2012

Damn it, r17, that's what I was afraid of. I'm not caught up and so far I've only seen the first episode which was fairly decent.

Thanks for the heads-up. I guess the show getting better each week was too much to hope for.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 1910/13/2012

The pilot was definitely the best episode by far, R19.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 2010/13/2012

That sequence with the French lady helping Scott Speedman's character through the sub crisis was implied to be similar to having sex. Everything but them smoking a cigarette afterwards. French Lady was a moron for letting her humpy bf/husband/whatever go. Damn, he was a hot daddy.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 2110/13/2012

its increasingly dumb but as long as scott speedman and aussie guy have the potential to be shirtless, i'm in.

plus they were keeping T2 in a wooden cage.

its all kind of silly....... but better than a lot of the other new crap (cough, Arrow, cough)

by Dichen Lachmanreply 2210/14/2012

I used to think Robert Patrick was kind of sexy. He is not a hot looking old man.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 2310/19/2012

I'm intrigued enough to stay with it. Hot guys, Andre Braugher knocking it out of the park in every scene he's in, and SUBMARINES. I'm staying.

But I do hope it gets better.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 2410/19/2012

Do they film this show where Lost was made? A lot of the scenery looks similar.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 2510/19/2012

I'm not an Andre Braugher fan, but he's really holding this show together.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 2610/19/2012

Yes, R25.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 2710/19/2012

Am I missing something?

At this point do we have any idea who gave the order to launch nukes on Pakistan in the premier or why it was given?

And the issue with cloaking device, or whatever, that the girl developed and someone trying to steal the technology - is that a whole separate issue?

They might be connected, but it seems like whoever wanted to trick the sub into attacking Pakistan doesn't have that cloaking device as their primary objective since they had another ship fire at the sub attempting to destroy her along with the prototype.

We don't know the answers to any of these things yet, right?

by Dichen Lachmanreply 2810/20/2012

I think Brraugher is a fantastic actor, but am still having trouble getting into this show. I wish "Men of a Certain Age" with Braugher, Ray Romano, and Scott Bakula was still on. He was terrific in that.

But if wishes and buts were clusters of nuts, we'd all have a bowl of granola.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 2910/20/2012

I just don't get why, if we dropped two atomic bombs on Pakistan, why World War III hasn't happened yet.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 3010/20/2012

Exactly, R30....

by Dichen Lachmanreply 3110/20/2012

The big picture is still mighty hazy, but the acting is good. Did anyone notice the vista they showed was the family estate in The Descendants?

Another realism issue is that a renegade nuclear sub that had fired a nuke off the coast of the US would have the entire country's constant, undivided attention. The media and the opposition party would demand to hear the Captain's story.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 3210/20/2012

ABC asked for 2 additional scripts to be delivered.

How to take the news? They did the same thing with Pan Am last year when we all knew that show was going to be cancelled.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 3310/21/2012

When I saw no new episode this week, I had to check to see if they shelved the show.

Whew. What a relief to see that the entire Thursday night line-up was bumped for country music awards.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 3411/01/2012

I liked the last episode. I like the different personalities and the way they interact. I hope they give the show a chance to find it's feet.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 3511/01/2012

Wow. Tonight's episode was an absolute trainwreck. Awful acting and bad storytelling.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 3611/08/2012

Tonight was amazing! I was riveted to the edge of my seat. This is easily one of the best shows currently on network tv. If there was justice it would run for years.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 3711/08/2012

Agree R36. There was absolutely no reason to edit this episode the way they did. It didn't build suspense at all. I found it more annoying, and seemed they were trying too hard.

I'm still hanging on, hoping they find their way with this show, but it's becoming a chore to watch it.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 3811/09/2012

Emmy award for Scott Speedman!

by Dichen Lachmanreply 3911/09/2012

WHY isn't the druglord/murderer dead yet?

by Dichen Lachmanreply 4011/09/2012

Serrat is like that creepy assistant twink on Smash-you didn't love to hate him, you just hated him.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 4111/09/2012

Another frustrating episode with grotesquely bad acting by the guy who plays the irredeemable thug Serrat. This show sadly needs to be put out of its misery.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 4211/15/2012

Just announced-it's cancelled.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 4311/16/2012

They are going to show the full 13 episodes that were shot, which I guess is good. That's better than immediately replacing it on the schedule.

But they aren't adding the 2 additional episodes that they'd previously ordered scripts for, but apparently never filmed. So we likely won't get any kind of real conclusion to the story. That part sucks and makes me not want to invest any more time in the show that I now know is going to have an abrupt ending that explains nothing.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 4411/16/2012

A great 1st episode, and then the same damn show every single week.

It was like a military version of Gilligan's Island.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 4511/16/2012

R44, Shawn Ryan tweeted late this afternoon that they haven't finished shooting the 13th episode yet and he will wrap up the storylines.

I hope one of them involves Serrat facing a firing squad.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 4611/16/2012

Why would they be doing promotion for this show after the announcement of the cancellation? Is there some chance that it will be saved, or picked up by another network?

Scott Speedman was on Live with Kelly and Michael this morning, and it was a new episode, not a rerun. The only thing he was there to promote was Last Resort. Both Kelly and Michael said 'Congratulations' to Scott, but didn't follow it up with what exactly they were congratulating him for.

Congratulations for being on a cancelled show that hasn't been pulled from the schedule yet?

It was kind of weird. Why send the stars out for interviews now instead of 2 months ago?

by Dichen Lachmanreply 4711/29/2012

I didn't understand why Scott Speedman was promoting the show either.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 4811/29/2012

The show is dead. Too bad because last week's episode was an indication of what this show could have been.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 4912/10/2012

The promotions might make sense because I have heard that if the rest of the episodes there airing do reasonably well, they may be brought back for one short season as a mid-season replacement.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 5012/11/2012

Sorry about that.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 5112/11/2012

No, R50.

The show is dead. End of story.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 5212/15/2012

Speedman & Lissing are fucking hot - any rumors about either?

by Dichen Lachmanreply 5312/15/2012

I just caught up with the last couple of episodes. Before I was mildly bummed that the show was canned, but not that I've seen them I feel a worse about it. They are telling the stories really well and making these episodes pretty compelling.

Someone at the beginning of this thread said they couldn't see how the concept could sustain a whole season worth of story. Early on I couldn't see it either, but so far the episodes have kept getting better.

And yet another hot guy is in the mix - Michael King who plays Hawkes, the guy who tried to desert and then kill himself (how? they didn't say.) after he lost a family member when the Pakistanis took the family boat hostage. He is a DeCoteau boy.

It happens so rarely that a cable network picks up a cancelled show, but this one makes me wish something like The Military Channel would have saved it. But since nothing like that is happening, I'm glad they at least got to redo the finale so that we get a conclusion.

Three more episodes to go.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 5412/30/2012

The last of the new episodes start tonight.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 5501/10/2013

If Serrat doesn't end up with a bullet in his head I'll be pissed.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 5601/16/2013

The last episodes really have been wonderful and I'll be sad to see this show go. I hope this gets a DVD release.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 5701/16/2013

Penultimate episode is airing now!

I hope the Chinese take Serrat off the island and torture him.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 5801/17/2013

Final episode tonight! Will we have a semi-satisfying (even though it's rushed) conclusion?

by Dichen Lachmanreply 5901/24/2013

It's airing now. Curious what y'all think. By the end of it Serrat bettah have a bullet in his head!

by Dichen Lachmanreply 6001/24/2013

Well, that was a big fucking disappointment. Serrat survived. Tani kept James from shooting the sinister Chinese. And it would have been so much braver for the show to go out with a bang rather than a thud.

by Dichen Lachmanreply 6101/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!