Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Bobby Jindal: Gay Marriage Will Lead To 2nd Amendment Being Overturned

SEPTEMBER 28, 2012

Bobby Jindal told anti-gay marriage supporters in Iowa that “judicial activism” led to allowing same-sex marriage in that state and suggested it’s a slippery slope to overturning “Second Amendment rights.”

“This is a pretty simple election,” Jindal told what sounded like a handful of supporters as he spoke in front of a bus with the logos of NOM, the National Organization For Marriage, and Rick Santorum‘s Patriot Voices.

“The reality is today we’re talking about redefining marriage. If the court is allowed to impose and write their own laws and their own views, and overturn those that are done by our duly-elected representatives, what’s to stop today’s [indistinguishable]. Tomorrow it may be property rights, maybe it’s Second Amendment rights. We have got to take a stand against judicial activism.”

Jindal, the Governor of Louisiana, and a rumored presidential hopeful, has teamed up with national leaders of anti-gay hate, Rick Santorum, NOM, the National Organization For Marriage, Focus on the Family‘s Citizen Link, and Bob Vander Plaats of the Family Leader, and is touring Iowa to help throw out of office one of the seven Supreme Court justices, David Wiggins, who, in a 2009 unanimous decision, ruled — based in the state’s constitution — there was no governmental interest in denying marriage to same-sex couples.

by Anonymousreply 3711/15/2012

He's not very smart, is he?

by Anonymousreply 109/29/2012

No.

by Anonymousreply 209/29/2012

Always nice to see a guy with future political aspirations being so far behind the reality of the acceptance curve.

by Anonymousreply 309/29/2012

Actually, I'd like to happen what Jindal is suggesting.

by Anonymousreply 409/29/2012

No, R1, he's not very smart, but you know he believes what he's saying, and so do the people who support him.

by Anonymousreply 509/29/2012

As usual, they cling to their God and guns.

by Anonymousreply 609/29/2012

Will never understand why the fundies aren't focused on the REAL moral issues, like kids forced to grow up in physically and sexually abusive families. Heard 2nd hand about a New Orleans family where the father raped all 3 of his daughters. Every knew; no one did anything but gossip.

by Anonymousreply 709/29/2012

They are part of the 47%, the takers. I can't care about them.

by Anonymousreply 809/29/2012

Shorter conservative: "Panic and be outraged because reasons!"

by Anonymousreply 909/29/2012

firing up the base.

by Anonymousreply 1009/29/2012

Did he break into Rush's stash?

by Anonymousreply 1109/29/2012

[quote]He's not very smart, is he?

Well, he's a Rhodes Scholar, so I wouldn't necessarily say that's the problem.

by Anonymousreply 1209/29/2012

[quote]If the court is allowed to impose and write their own laws and their own views,[bold] and overturn those that are done by our duly-elected representatives,[/bold] what’s to stop today’s [indistinguishable]. Tomorrow it may be property rights, maybe it’s Second Amendment rights. We have got to take a stand against judicial activism.”

I would recommend that the Govenor read Chief Justice Marshall's opinion in Marbury v. Madison.

by Anonymousreply 1309/29/2012

A Rhodes Scholar from Louisiana is like a high school graduate in Massachusetts. These are strictly regional honors.

by Anonymousreply 1409/29/2012

We need to give R13 a thick hairy cock so everyone listens.

by Anonymousreply 1509/29/2012

R14 - Her went to Brown University. Academically, he's no dummy,. The tea party kool aid just made him dumb.

by Anonymousreply 1609/29/2012

Yes, all Brown graduates are geniuses. And great pilots too!

by Anonymousreply 1709/29/2012

Pushing those buttons. Rise, bitches, rise! Do my bidding, you stupid zombies!

by Anonymousreply 1809/29/2012

[quote]firing up the base

Yep. He's trying to get the redneck crowd riled up by basically saying those godless homosexuals are for your guns. Now they'll have even more reason to hate us.

by Anonymousreply 1909/29/2012

Actually it's true in my case, sorry rednecks but I am godless and would like much stricter gun control, doesn't mean a thing though beyond me. Lots of religious gun-nut gays around

by Anonymousreply 2009/29/2012

"...today’s [indistinguishable]" = Today it is marriage...

by Anonymousreply 2109/29/2012

I don't think Indian-looking people (and I don't mean American Indian -- well, I do, but not just them!) should be allowed to marry.

Adam and Eve were White; it was God's plan.

All these other races getting in on the act is wrong, shockingly wrong!

by Anonymousreply 2209/29/2012

[quote]He's right.

No, he's wrong. And, so are you.

by Anonymousreply 2409/29/2012

Where in the Constitution does it say that marriage shall only be between someone with a penis and someone with a vagina?

I missed that amendment.

by Anonymousreply 2509/29/2012

That nincompoop doesn't have a chance to be president. He has topped out at the same level as Edwin Edwards. He's a slum dog millionaire with an affected cornpone accent, a lap dog for those modern day Bull Connors who not so deep down, hate his guts.

by Anonymousreply 2609/29/2012

Bobby Jindal will never be president.

I know things about him.

by Anonymousreply 2709/29/2012

Unfortunately his plan (if no national plans can be finalized) is to do JUST what Edwards did. Serve two, take off one, serve two, take off one. I think we'll be stuck with him for a while.

by Anonymousreply 2809/29/2012

People in other states need to pay close attention to what Piyush Jindal has done to Louisiana's public school system, since his so-called "reform" will likely spread across the country.

by Anonymousreply 2909/29/2012

Racist DL people don't like Injuns.

by Anonymousreply 3009/30/2012

So what he's really saying is that gay marriage is a win-win situation.

If only it were actually true!

by Anonymousreply 3109/30/2012

nuts

by Anonymousreply 3209/30/2012

dumbass

by Anonymousreply 3309/30/2012

Bobby Jindal will be President of the United States one day. The CIA and the Catholic Church have everything all lined up.

by Anonymousreply 3409/30/2012

Here's a funny letter that someone from Iowa sent to The Advocate, Baton Rouge's daily newspaper:

Your governor, Bobby Jindal, has traveled from town to town across Iowa crusading against gay marriage. Many suspect he’s already campaigning for the 2016 Iowa Presidential Caucuses.

We Iowans were recently subjected to an endless parade of Republican candidates during the 2012 Presidential Caucuses. We really don’t need Gov. Jindal’s wisdom and advice for the next four years.

Please call back your governor and find something for him to do. Aren’t there any homosexuals to persecute in Louisiana?

Dave Gregory

retired hotel clerk

Marion, Iowa

by Anonymousreply 3510/08/2012

Bump to remember this...Jindal may sound coherent right now, in the haze of the Rmoney defeat, but he's still not out for 100% of the vote.

by Anonymousreply 3611/15/2012

Christ is he stupid. It is for that very reason that Federal judges are not elected. So they can look at the law with "clear eyes" and less emotion...theoretically. Elected officials are too often hostages to public opinion and habitually legislate bad laws.

They do this as a knee jerk reaction to events, or for political opportunism. They know the courts will eventually balance their efforts when the laws are challenged and tested. That's Constitutional Law 101. Did Jindal go to Harvard? Because I sure wouldn't tell anyone if I were Harvard.

by Anonymousreply 3711/15/2012
Need more help? Click Here.