Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Arrogant Hobos

I am SO over them! Whatever happened to the nice ones who would offer to do some yard work, or pain the house for a few dollars? Now they're all just looking for a free ride. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 2601/22/2015

Oh, Ann.

by Anonymousreply 109/29/2012

Trying waaaay too hard, OP.

by Anonymousreply 209/29/2012

Hobos were (are) guys who used to travel from town to town in search of work. That search defined them.

Free ride guys are just homeless people on the make.

by Anonymousreply 309/29/2012

Wait until your tricks start asking for cab fare!

by Anonymousreply 409/29/2012

I just want my house painted!

by Anonymousreply 509/30/2012

I hate them too. One of the women hobos asked me for money so I gave him a check and she said, "It ain't enough"

by Anonymousreply 609/30/2012

I agree. The damn hobos are every fucking where. At every intersection. They wait for you to come out of the grocery or post office to ask for help, what with how they had their wallet stolen / were left by their friends / lost their bus ticket. It's fucking obnoxious. I caught some fucker picking all the plums off my tree, inside of my fenced yard last week. I was going to make jam. Can't now. They go thru my recycle bin looking for cans, and leave cardboard and plastic tubs on the ground, and I'm standing 10 feet away!

by Anonymousreply 709/30/2012

They're usually kind of listless, until you see them running away with your sweet potato pie that you had in the window.

I was feeling sorry for one who was lying by the road, and I offered him some corn from my wagon. He asked if it was shucked. I said no, and he said, "drive on." Lazy fucker.

by Anonymousreply 809/30/2012

Dealing with the underclasses is one of life's great burdens.

by Anonymousreply 909/30/2012

^went to the website.... It sucked.

by Anonymousreply 1009/30/2012

You're talking about homebums, OP, not hobos. Hobos ride the rails; homebuns sit in Tompkins SQ or in front of 7-11s and harass people for money. They barely move. They're like the Gayle Grindses of the homeless population, grafting to the sidewalk.

by Anonymousreply 1109/30/2012

HA HA Erin Moron is poor.

by Anonymousreply 1209/30/2012

Blanche's brother is a hobo?

by Anonymousreply 1309/30/2012

You never know if the beggars really need the money or are just taking advantage of generous people. I always alert the nearest store manager to remove them. They are a potential detriment to businesses. Even homeless organizations beg people not to give money.

by Anonymousreply 1409/30/2012

I'm still angry about my plums.

by Anonymousreply 1504/21/2013

I agree hobos have gotten bourgie.

by Anonymousreply 1601/20/2015

I pass one in Times Square every day with a sign saying he needs money for weed. The sign also says, "Why lie?" Maybe because it's still illegal here? Ugh. Drives me nuts. He's been there for months.

by Anonymousreply 1701/20/2015

This is basically Bobby Brown now.

by Anonymousreply 1801/21/2015

I remember a story on DL about a homeless guy asking for money and telling the DLer, "I fucked Tony Curtis up the ass."

by Anonymousreply 1901/21/2015

Hobo camp?

by Anonymousreply 2001/21/2015

15 years ago in downtown Seattle, a friend and I had each purchased a wool throw blanket. On the way to our car, we passed a homeless woman on the street. She and her dog were huddled together in rags with a sign that read, "anything helps" so, instead of cash, I offered her my blanket. It hadn't cost much and she looked like she needed it more than I did.

She looked at it, and then at my friend's blanket, which was a different color, and asked if she could have that one instead.

Literally a beggar being a chooser.

by Anonymousreply 2101/21/2015

Gracious mercy! Well of course they're all just looking for a free ride.

What did you expect after all those years of lifting up your housedress by the side of the railroad tracks?

by Anonymousreply 2201/21/2015

The begging hobos here all seem to have expensive tattoos and pricey leather jackets.

I'd be more inclined to cough up a dollar if they had big gingham patches cut with pinking shears on their clothes and carried a bindle with a stick.

by Anonymousreply 2301/21/2015

I wonder if the Hobo ever go up inside the Hobo?

by Anonymousreply 2401/21/2015

Gourmonds know that arrogant hobos make for the most flavorful Soylent Green.

Something about a pinky held high and RBF increases the sugar content of the dish.

by Anonymousreply 2501/21/2015

I saw a fat female hobo holding a sign that said "Broke and hungry." Really bitch?

by Anonymousreply 2601/22/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!