Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Canceled TV Shows Fall 2012: Will 'The Mob Doctor' Bite The Dust First?

Your thoughts other than the shows listed in the poll?

by Anonymousreply 2711/16/2012

I'd love to see O'Reilly and Hannity get canceled.

by Anonymousreply 109/29/2012

The competition is strong this year, but Partners is so offensive and poorly written that it'll get the "How to be a Gentleman" treatment.

by Anonymousreply 209/29/2012

Super-early cancellations have a lot to do with what the network can slap in there to replace them. Any one of these shows could probably be cancelled, but the network that can rush in "a bonus episode of Two and a Half Men" or expand Dateline to another night is probably fastest to pull the trigger.

by Anonymousreply 309/29/2012

Revolution is definitely being canceled. If not before the end of the season, then before next season. No way that piece of crap lives.

by Anonymousreply 409/29/2012

R4, it's getting great ratings.

by Anonymousreply 509/29/2012

The only new shows I like are The New Normal and Go On (or as 'Ryan Lochte' called it on SNL hosted by Seth McFarlane: Goon).

by Anonymousreply 609/29/2012

I cannot understand why people like The New Normal. It's horrible. To the point I want to scream at my TV and turn it off.

by Anonymousreply 709/29/2012

Revolution had the biggest drama show premiere in three seasons.

But comparing its opening episode's to Lost's makes me wonder how many will stick around. Not terribly engaging.

by Anonymousreply 809/29/2012

They are all awful. Revolution is passable at best, the acting is horrid. It could be a great story but I doubt with the bad acting and bad writing that it will make it past this season. Like Terra Nova last season, expect viewership to drop as it goes along.

by Anonymousreply 909/29/2012

Revolution is passable, but it needs to become more engaging within the next two eps to stick around. Sad, because the premise for this show had such promise, but it hasn't been well developed.

by Anonymousreply 1109/29/2012

Made In Jersey flopped in the ratings last night.

by Anonymousreply 1209/29/2012

Both "Partners" and "The New Normal" are somewhat painful to watch, in their stereotypical depiction of one gay character each.

But "Partners" really doesn't have anything else going for it, at least not evident by the first episode. I'll give it another view before I give up on it completely.

"The New Normal" has some interesting characters, which the surrogate mother, her quirky daughter, her opinionated conservative mother, and that sassy black co-worker. And Rannels flamboyant schtick somehow seems more realistic than Urie's (in "Partners").

I thought the premiere of "The Neighbors" was funny, but I can't see them keeping that up for an entire season. Since there isn't much to do in the townhome development, I can guess that they'll take some of the aliens out into the "real world" a bit, and the humor would play off their reactions. It's bound to get stale very quickly.

by Anonymousreply 1309/29/2012

You want opinions?

by Anonymousreply 1409/29/2012

I liked the Mob Doctor show -- except for the "Criminal Minds" treatment of the corpses.

by Anonymousreply 1509/30/2012

The good thing about O'Reilly and Hannity is that they're both on the same network, and I'm guessing in the same building. So if, say, a bomb got dropped on them (*fingers crossed*), it would work out well for all of us. Even conservatives, R10, because maybe they'd be forced to watch some actual news. You know, the kind that isn't full of lies and bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 1609/30/2012

I never hope for people's demise. They easily receive martyr status and I rather prefer them to be point and laughed at.

by Anonymousreply 1709/30/2012

r5, wait until Revolution's ratings stabilize before declaring it a hit. Right now it's a roller-coaster at the top of a hill, but it's headed down. Abram's last sci-fi show, Alcatraz, had pretty fab ratings at first too, by the 13th episode it was toast.

by Anonymousreply 1809/30/2012

The sword fights on Revolution are too obviously its "thing." Like, "how cool are we? We have SWORD FIGHTS!"

by Anonymousreply 1909/30/2012

It's about time that SVU was cancelled. Without Meloni it has no spark. The ratings have been in steady decline since he left.

by Anonymousreply 2009/30/2012

It's not as though we already have a much longer thread on this subject or anything. F&F, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2109/30/2012

R21 This one has a poll. Are you butthurt because you started the other thread?

by Anonymousreply 2209/30/2012

They are trying to make Revolution look like Hunger Games, complete with heroine with bow and arrow, struggling for survival in a dystopian society.

by Anonymousreply 2309/30/2012

They need to get Brandon Routh out of his clothes soon on Partners. That would be the only reason I'd watch again.

by Anonymousreply 2409/30/2012

I saw the trailer for 'Made In Jersey' and mentally barfed.

by Anonymousreply 2509/30/2012

[QUOTE]I saw the trailer for 'Made In Jersey' and mentally barfed.

Good reaction.

And that show won the contest, as CBS announced it is gone after two episodes. Replaced by "Undercover Boss."

by Anonymousreply 2610/14/2012

"Partners" has been axed by CBS. It lasted longer than I thought it would.

by Anonymousreply 2711/16/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!