Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Jason Gould Album

His parents met doing a musical on Broadway so the chances are he could sing. I'm liking the preview a lot. Too bad he started at 46. New album out Oct 9th and going to be competing with Mama's "Release Me". Must be tough to sing in her shadow.

by Anonymousreply 8301/19/2013

The boy can sing. He should have gone public a hell of a lot earlier in life.

What's he been waiting for?

by Anonymousreply 109/27/2012

He's almost 50 years old now? Wow.

by Anonymousreply 209/27/2012

I'm impressed. I am not wild about the arrangements but they are better than the overblown ones on his mom's Bergman album.

Love his hot Jewish looks.

by Anonymousreply 309/27/2012

I want to see him and Lizha sitting on high stools with pin spots on their faces chatting about Mamas and singing duets.

by Anonymousreply 409/27/2012

I don't mean to sound bitchy because Jason Gould seems like a perfectly nice guy, but has he ever worked a day in his life? He's never seemed to do much of anything, as far as I can recall. At least he's not a pretentious douchebag like Sean Lennon.

by Anonymousreply 509/27/2012

Josh Groban 2.0?

by Anonymousreply 609/27/2012

Mama said on "Katie" she only heard him sing for the first time, very recently and was amazed and encouraged him. She was getting verklempt talking about it and he will be duetting with her on her next album after "Release Me" and will sing at her big Brooklyn Concert.

by Anonymousreply 709/27/2012

r5: He isn't a pretentious douchebag, he isn't a druggie, he isn't a Republican. That's good enough for me.

by Anonymousreply 909/27/2012

Is he single? I know a nice Jewish gayboy around his age that would be perfect for him...

by Anonymousreply 1009/27/2012

Hello Gawjus!

by Anonymousreply 1109/27/2012

Wow. He actually sounds great.

by Anonymousreply 1209/27/2012

Isn't that what we call muzak?

by Anonymousreply 1309/27/2012

He was very cute when he was young, but like so many Jewish men his features have coarsened into homeliness now he's in his 40s.

by Anonymousreply 1409/27/2012

nice tight hairy hole

by Anonymousreply 1509/27/2012

I clicked on the link, all prepared to laugh.

But he sings beautifully.

The songs and arrangements, on the other hand, are dreadful.

Musical junk food for fraus and old queens.

by Anonymousreply 1609/28/2012

sounds too much like Josh Groban. And he can't write, but neither can his mom.

by Anonymousreply 1709/28/2012

"I wouldn't go to the spring dance with you if you were Elliot Gould!!"

by Anonymousreply 1809/28/2012

there's a lot of good, interesting potential there. he's definitely his mother's son in terms of his phrasing and musicianship. interesting that it has taken him this long to own up to the fact that he can sing.

by Anonymousreply 1909/28/2012

He needs a Peter Matz.

by Anonymousreply 2109/28/2012

He sounds like a cross between George Michael and Josh Groben.

by Anonymousreply 2209/28/2012

[quote]Musical junk food for fraus and old queens.

GET OFF MY LAWN!

by Anonymousreply 2309/28/2012

I don't like him at all, histrionic and overwrought just like mama.

by Anonymousreply 2409/28/2012

Actually his Mom has written about a dozen or so songs over the years- some quite good (Evergreen is not one of my favorites.) I like Premier Chanson quite a lot though.

By the way, her new CD with stuff from her vaults is quite something. Great stuff. Great great singer.

Good luck to Jason. A really nice fellow from what I can tell. Briefly met him at a Toys for Tots party in the mid 90s in NYC- samll talk around mutual friends. Small, cute, shy, nice. Not in million years (if you did not know) would you suspect the fellow's mother was one of the biggest entertainers/icons or most famous celebities in the world- not to mention wealthy. I thought that spoke pretty well for him.

by Anonymousreply 2509/28/2012

Jason appears to have a good amount of talent as is evident on the few projects we've seen heard him. I thought he was very good as the son in Barbra's movie, Prince of Tides."

But he hasn't seemed to pursue anything so long enough to sustain much of a career in the entertainment industry.

Barbra has always said she is lazy and doesn't like to work. And even though her appearances are sometimes few and far between, she obviously has worked now for more than 50 years.

Maybe Jason is talented but really is lazy. And while Barbra had to work--at least at the beginning of her career--I guess Jason doesn't have to work, so he just doesn't do much (unless he works at something behind the scenes and we don't know about it).

by Anonymousreply 2609/28/2012

[quote]Is his HIV under control?

It has never been confirmed that he is actually HIV poz.

by Anonymousreply 2709/28/2012

Yes Jason Gould has worked a day in his life in fact he has always worked! It is not right to make sweeping generalizations about the offspring of stars and celebrities

by Anonymousreply 2810/03/2012

He really can sing. I wish they'd drop the annoying Kenny G-style horns in the background.

by Anonymousreply 2910/03/2012

I assumed this was a parody thread until I saw the picture.

by Anonymousreply 3010/03/2012

Oh my GAWD, I have to get this!!

by Anonymousreply 3110/03/2012

OMG! Scroll down to the end of the interview to hear the first song from the album, "Morning Prayer."

He's as talented as his mother.

by Anonymousreply 3210/06/2012

Damn, he's actually a pretty good singer. Wonder why he waited so long to record his own album.

by Anonymousreply 3310/06/2012

Charlie hits it on the nail about Jason Gould's voice. He has the range and tone of Josh Groben but the soulful phrasing and technique of George Micheal. A great combination!

He should have released an album long time ago, particularly twenty years ago when people appreciated great singing.

by Anonymousreply 3410/06/2012

He's definitely his Aunt Roz's niece.

by Anonymousreply 3510/06/2012

Wow, I'm surprised. Unlike most celebrity spawn, Jason actually has a lot of talent. I wonder what took him so long to start singing. Too bad he didn't do this 20 years ago, as the above poster said. Back then, Chris Isaak and Harry Connick Jr. were mainstream, Jason probably could have ridden that wave.

by Anonymousreply 3610/06/2012

NONE of you queens noticed his cute feets in the flip-flops?

Very strong and masculine.

by Anonymousreply 3710/06/2012

Love it!

by Anonymousreply 3810/06/2012

Oy, just what the world needs, another Streisand copycat.

by Anonymousreply 3910/06/2012

[quote]Wonder why he waited so long to record his own album.

He explained in the interview linked above that he didn't have any confidence in himself.

by Anonymousreply 4010/06/2012

Someone needs him to write him songs that don't sound like a John Tesh abortion, songs that Michael Bolton would complain had no edge, songs that you only want to listen to while gazing intently as your favorite Thomas Kinkade lithograph, songs that would make Yanni's mother cringe.

by Anonymousreply 4110/06/2012

Not a fan.

by Anonymousreply 4310/07/2012

We didn't ask.

by Anonymousreply 4410/07/2012

Pretty good although I can picture momma in her caftan playing it in background, her mussy percolating like that kenny g horn, as she applies foundation in dim light before the unsuspecting blatino Zabars delivery boy arrives.

by Anonymousreply 4510/07/2012

Nice voice but overwrought arangements and breathless singing.

by Anonymousreply 4610/07/2012

During the Clinton era it was reported that Karl Rove put out the rumors about Jason's HIV status to threaten Barbra for her financial and public support for the former President and the Democratic party. He also went after Martha Stewart for the same reason and brought her down through the insider trading scandal.

by Anonymousreply 4710/07/2012

Less is more, Jason.

by Anonymousreply 4810/07/2012

Makes his live debut Monday night with Mama @ The Wells Fargo Center PA, Philadelphia, PA.

by Anonymousreply 4910/07/2012

"Hello" is gorgeous. He has a touch of Dan Fogelberg sound in him.

by Anonymousreply 5010/10/2012

poor Barbra. It is so embarassing when the ugly untalented children want to get in on the act. Been There.

by Anonymousreply 5110/10/2012

A bit too frilly and affected - he's a bit breathy. But there is great potential there.

Huge fan of Barbra...but she brays through this.

by Anonymousreply 5210/11/2012

"How Deep Is The Ocean" is a REALLY creepy choice for a mother/son duet.

Why not "Together, Wherever We Go"? Or "Bob White"?

by Anonymousreply 5310/11/2012

R52. Thanks for the video. Barbra and Jason are terrific together. But he's in desperate need of a haircut.

Why hasn't he been singing publicly all these years?!

by Anonymousreply 5410/11/2012

I thought that was very sweet- she clearly adores him and he, her. Always nice to see in any family.

by Anonymousreply 5510/11/2012

He was an extremely handsome guy in his 20s when he was in "Prince of Tides." I don't know if that's just a bad photograph, but he has not aged well.

by Anonymousreply 5610/11/2012

They adore each other in one of those creepy Frank - Nancy Sinatra ways.

by Anonymousreply 5710/11/2012

Awful arrangement.

by Anonymousreply 5810/11/2012

Cute, I don't like his style, 'though, where are all the male rock singers these days? Everyone wants to sing the jazz style classics. Wasn't he getting fucked by that black model, Tyson Beckford?

by Anonymousreply 5910/11/2012

He's astoundingly talented. I love love love it. The songs, the arrangements, his voice, his phrasing and his big gorgeous fucking nose. I want him to sing to me then snog the shit out of him.

by Anonymousreply 6011/29/2012

I have a stoopid smile on my face now, R52. I love it. Didn't hear any braying.

by Anonymousreply 6111/30/2012

He was fucking Tyson for a couple of years, but Barbra was not supportive. I don't think it had anything to do with race.

by Anonymousreply 6211/30/2012

Of course, I always think about the fact that she didn't accept him when he first came out. Which I've always found infuriating. I never understood her homophobia.

Luckily for her, he was the bigger person and forgave her.

His singing is a little Josh Groban for my taste, and this is a really weird song for them to be singing to each other.

by Anonymousreply 6311/30/2012

R62...Tyson Beckford? I'm having a tough time believing that. Tyson could get a pretty hunky guy, and that's not Jason.

by Anonymousreply 6411/30/2012

who says she didn't accept him when he came out? I never heard that.

by Anonymousreply 6511/30/2012

Mediocre voice and overrated by all the white queens on DL. Just like his mother.

by Anonymousreply 6611/30/2012

r66

He's no Hateretha or Patti LaYell, amiright?

by Anonymousreply 6711/30/2012

All the male vocalists now sound like Josh Groban, Michael Buble and Harry Connick Jr. All Sinatra imitators and I didn't even like him all that much. I liked Joe Cocker, Chuck Negron, Al Green, Marvin, etc.

by Anonymousreply 6811/30/2012

Of course Groban, Buble' & Connick sound similar to Sinatra to you, because they're singing music similar to what he sang.

There are plenty of male vocalists who sound more like Cocker, Negro, Green and Gaye, but you can't reference them in a discussion about Jason Gould's voice, because the genre is completely different.

by Anonymousreply 6911/30/2012

But my point was, why sing in a style similar to your mom's or Sinatra's when you're not that generation? Sing something with balls, most gay men sing like Gould, breathy or Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 7011/30/2012

I need another Josh Groban like I need another hole is my ass.

by Anonymousreply 7111/30/2012

I agree, he's hot and I'm starting to doubt the HIV rumours. But what's with the 90's long hair?

by Anonymousreply 7211/30/2012

[quote] I'm starting to doubt the HIV rumours

Why?

by Anonymousreply 7311/30/2012

Hello, gorgeous! What an amazing voice! Just wish he could have overcome his fear of singing publicly sooner, though the intimidation he must have felt being the only child of Barbra is certainly understandable.

I wish there wasn't such ageism on this site. It's just like racism and homophobia, people--and just as ugly and wrong.

by Anonymousreply 7411/30/2012

r74

It may be ugly, but it's not just as ugly. People who experience racism and homophobia can experience it their whole lives, not just in the latter part, as with ageism.

by Anonymousreply 7511/30/2012

wow

by Anonymousreply 7612/01/2012

Fuck you R67. You know very well that Aretha and Patti, not to mention Gladys, Whitney, Anita, Regina, Phyllis and many others, can wipe the floor with your beloved Barbara. BS is incredibly over rated as a singer for one reason only. She's white. If BS was black her career would have lasted one or two albums only with her "voice".

by Anonymousreply 7712/01/2012

R74

So of course that makes it ALL RIGHT.

by Anonymousreply 7812/01/2012

[quote]But my point was, why sing in a style similar to your mom's or Sinatra's when you're not that generation? Sing something with balls, most gay men sing like Gould, breathy or Broadway.

He's pushing 50 years old. Do you want him to come out in leather pants and embarrass himself like Steven Tyler dos today?

[quote]who says she didn't accept him when he came out? I never heard that.

Yeah never heard it either, she has always been very protective of him, and clearly adores him, Stop reading the unauthorized biographies and Enquirer.

[quote]Mediocre voice and overrated by all the white queens on DL. Just like his mother.

Feel better now?

by Anonymousreply 7912/01/2012

"He's pushing 50 years old. Do you want him to come out in leather pants and embarrass himself like Steven Tyler dos today?"

I didn't say that, that's you being a drama queen! Sing something rock for chrissakes, there are too many standards singers around now.

by Anonymousreply 8001/11/2013

HE NEEDS GROOMING. BADLY.

by Anonymousreply 8101/11/2013

Just saw that album cover. Jason looks like a hebrew mtf tranny.

by Anonymousreply 8201/11/2013

Although some of you may not care for his style, he is unquestionably a gifted singer. I'm a singer, and I only wish I had that much color in my voice and his musicianship. Those of you who are saying he 'can't sing' don't know what the fuck singing is.

by Anonymousreply 8301/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.