Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sons of Anarchy' Actor Johnny Lewis Found Dead, and suspected of the murder of an elderly woman

A young actor best known for a role on the hit motorcycle club series "Sons of Anarchy" has been found dead outside a Los Angeles home along with an elderly woman.

The L.A. coroner's office has identified the male found by police outside a home in the Los Feliz neighborhood on Wednesday as Jonathan Kendrick Lewis, 28, also known as Johnny Lewis. Officers responding to a report of a screaming woman came upon Lewis' body outside of the home on the driveway, while the body of the woman who was in her 70s was found inside the residence.

"He appeared to have died from some type of fall, either from the stairway, or from the balcony, or from one of the roofs," LAPD Commander Andrew Smith told ABC News affiliate KABC.

"The best we're piecing together now is that it appears that some type of altercation occurred inside of the house resulting in the death of the woman. Then this individual ran outside, had an altercation with a couple of neighbors, ran back into the house and by the time we got here, he had fallen or had somehow died on the driveway," said Smith.

Lewis is considered a suspect in the homicide investigation, KABC reported. A neighbor and a handyman were badly beaten in a confrontation they had with the suspect.

The cause of death of the woman, who was in her 70s, has not yet been released, but Smith said that she had suffered major trauma. Smith said that though it is possible that Lewis was renting one of the rooms in the residence, police are still unsure, calling it "very preliminary."

Greg Sarian, a neighbor of the residence owned by the woman, said that she rented out rooms to boarders. He said that he became alarmed when he heard screams Wednesday morning.

"'Help, help,' from both sides, man and woman," Sarian said. "I was praying to God. 'God,' I said, 'Clean up this mess here, because this is evil place.' Evil place. All kind of people, by the way, coming, different people, coming, going couple of days, disappearing, coming, other people."

Lewis, who began acting in his teenage years, worked steadily in television in roles on "Boston Public," "American Dreams" and "The O.C." His career picked up steam when he landed the role of Kip 'Half Sack' Epps on two seasons of "Sons of Anarchy" and appeared alongside Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart in "The Runaways" in 2010.

by Anonymousreply 6103/26/2013

Meth. Vodka.

by Anonymousreply 109/27/2012

He was very good as Half Sack...sad

by Anonymousreply 209/27/2012

I get the impression that half the cast of SOA will meet the same fate.

by Anonymousreply 309/27/2012

Sounds like Johnny was cursed from landlady

Johnny was sexy and cute in TV SHOW

by Anonymousreply 409/27/2012

Greg Sarian sounds a little "special"

by Anonymousreply 509/27/2012

Can't believe this has only 5 replies.

by Anonymousreply 609/27/2012

Killed her cat, too.

by Anonymousreply 709/27/2012

Ditto, R6. I feel bad for everyone involved, including him, because addiction isn't fair.

But he had been in jail/court-ordered rehab for at least some time at some point recently, no? If he didn't want to pick back up after being released, it seems he could have at least told someone. Maybe he did take action, but info from media makes it look like he did not have any intention to quit.

If indeed he was too far gone to even ask for help, then...i don't know. He had probably become a permanently changed person by that point. Everyone has a different opinion about this type of thing.

He obviously shouldn't be canonized, though. For example, Katy Perry's fans want to be supportive to anything related to her, but if it were any one of their grandmothers or even pet cats, I bet they wouldn't be to sure about viewing him as totally not responsible for what happened.

by Anonymousreply 809/28/2012

by Anonymousreply 909/28/2012

As R7 said, killed her cat too ... practically torn it to pieces. Witnesses said he was showing "superhuman strength" during his battle with the neighbor and the handyman. So he was either the Incredible Hulk, or it was meth.

by Anonymousreply 1009/28/2012

Second generation Scientologist. Assuming he suffered from psychological and drug issues this guy didn't stand a chance of getting help.

by Anonymousreply 1109/28/2012

What I don't get sometimes is how people--including famous people on public platforms-- can ridicule or criticize 'troubled people' until it happens to a friend of theirs or directly affects them. Then god forbid someone should criticize.

by Anonymousreply 1209/28/2012

[quote]Save your pity for the innocent woman he murdered and her poor cat.

Ok, I will clarify, how bout "I feel bad that addiction exists." That's all I meant.

Oh and I feel doubly bad for the lady who had been apparently renting to so many Hollywood people, because I don't know anyone who can tolerate so many strong personalities at once. Maybe she didn't mind or maybe they were mostly quiet, but that sounds annoying to me.

by Anonymousreply 1409/28/2012

Was he related to Juliette Lewis?

by Anonymousreply 1609/28/2012

All of his actor friends are being overly-defensive left and right. One of them just acted pissed off at the SOA creator's comment that he wasn't surprised by the events (even though he referred to Lewis as a talented guy who just got lost). She tweeted him that "stigmatizing mental illness is a vicious cycle."

Please. These same people use jokes about the mentally ill in their comedy.

What the SOA creator said was fine. At a certain point you KNOW that something is either gonna get worse before it gets better or it's just gonna get worse and worse. Lewis had already been a repeat violent offender. It's not persecuting the person, it's objectively seeing where the person is headed. And the woman should have been acknowledged by someone, instead of solely RIPs for him all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 1709/28/2012

The rage of his murderous actions look more like bath salts than meth to me.

It's because of reports like this that I won't ever consider taking drugs (who knows what kind of demons are safely locked away inside of me?)

by Anonymousreply 1809/28/2012

Aww, he was adorkable as Half-Sack. I recently started watching Season of SOA and I get pissed when they treat him bad 'cause he's young and a newbie.

by Anonymousreply 1909/28/2012

I have no sympathy for him after I read about the cat.

by Anonymousreply 2009/28/2012

Why is R8 talking about Katy Perry?

And yes, sounds more like bath salts than meth to me, too.

by Anonymousreply 2109/28/2012

R8 mentioned Katy Perry because she had dated Johnny Lewis.

by Anonymousreply 2309/28/2012

THAT's what makes up your mind?

by Anonymousreply 2409/28/2012

Not special, R5 . . . just an old Armenian man (who should've acted more proactively and called the cops!)

by Anonymousreply 2509/28/2012

David Boreanaz lives on that block

by Anonymousreply 2709/28/2012

Supposedly he had been through the clams' Narconon program.

by Anonymousreply 2809/28/2012

But apparently he refused treatment before these final events went down. For me, that's what makes it pretty hard to sympathize. If one can't acknowledge the pending destruction to self or others, caused by his or her current state, that's an ignorant choice. In my opinion, at least. If he was too messed up to even understand the offer, it's a shame there was nothing else anyone could do.

by Anonymousreply 2909/28/2012

r26 where does r20 even said that killing the lady is fine? What kind of human being kills a cat in such a savage way when it had nothing to do with whatever was going on between him and the landlady? Humans always create problems for themselves and they drag innocent creatures with them.

If anything, you sound a bit creepy yourself. Inhumanity is creepy.

by Anonymousreply 3009/28/2012

Scum actor for a scum show.

by Anonymousreply 3109/28/2012

WHY did a successful TV actor even have a landlady?

Why wasn't this man in his own home or his own condo/co-op apartment? This scenario doesn't make much sense. He rented a place with the landlady living in the same house? I guess he had money problems?

Most actors and actresses, especially those who have reoccurring roles on TV shows, should certainly be making enough money to buy something or to not live in a two or three family house. with a landlord.

by Anonymousreply 3209/28/2012

[quote]WHY did a successful TV actor even have a landlady?

Are you one of those idiots that think all actors are millionaires. He had a supporting role in a basic cable show. Hardly enough for mansion in Beverly.

by Anonymousreply 3309/28/2012

I really dodged a bullet with that one!

by Anonymousreply 3409/28/2012

Aw, come on. I doubt R32 was speaking of a mansion. This guy kept a steady string of gigs, and probably could have at least rented a space in a less private residence. But don't you think there are obvious reasons why he didn't do that? It seems to make sense, given the circumstances...

by Anonymousreply 3509/28/2012

[quote]Why wasn't this man in his own home or his own condo/co-op apartment? This scenario doesn't make much sense. He rented a place with the landlady living in the same house? I guess he had money problems?

bit parts in series don't pay enough. Usually $10K per ep.

Assuming $10,000 ep (minor character) and 13 eps/season. Amount could be even less as it was FX.

So figure $130,000/year for SOA. BEFORE agent and manager fees and taxes. And he was only on for 2 seasons.

Unless you are a lead on an established series, you have no way of knowing how much you are going to earn in a given year.

by Anonymousreply 3609/28/2012

[quote]I really dodged a bullet with that one!

You're not fooling anyone, KP.

by Anonymousreply 3709/28/2012

It sounded like a place where the actors spent a bit of time as they got the lay of the land, and maybe a paycheck or two that would allow them to put a deposit on their own place.

Its not all Hollywood anymore -- many Industry rank and file are moving between Vancouver, Montreal, Toronto, Atlalnta, North Carolina, etc as they work jobs.

by Anonymousreply 3809/28/2012

"Are you one of those idiots that think all actors are millionaires. He had a supporting role in a basic cable show. Hardly enough for mansion in Beverly."

I never mentioned a palace, you sound like a total moron.

Surely an adult with a steady income, working on TV no less, can have their own place. I moved away from home at 21, I never looked back.

I live on much less than an actors salary, I have a very nice apartment in NYC. Whatever his mental situation was, just speaking from the perspective of him having a steady acting gig, he shouldn't have been living in the same house as his landlord.

by Anonymousreply 3909/28/2012

Do you also have a drug habit, r39? Apparently Lewis did. Think about it. A bit actor who works on cable with a drug habit. LA is not a cheap place to live for someone who is still a working supporting-role actor, unless you're willing to settle in the poorer areas.

People always have this misconception that actors have a lot of money. Statistics show that less than 1% of millions of actors make a living off of acting alone. Less than one percent.

by Anonymousreply 4009/28/2012

It's now being reported that Lewis did go through Scientology's NARCONON program. Which of course doesn't work.

by Anonymousreply 4109/28/2012

[quote]Do you also have a drug habit, [R39]? Apparently Lewis did. Think about it. A bit actor who works on cable with a drug habit. LA is not a cheap place to live for someone who is still a working supporting-role actor, unless you're willing to settle in the poorer areas.

People always have this misconception that actors have a lot of money. Statistics show that less than 1% of millions of actors make a living off of acting alone. Less than one percent.

Except the person who originally posted didn't express any misconceptions of the sort. The guy had been working regularly in Los Angeles, enough to have saved something, and evidently had supportive parents. He did not exactly have the typical starving artist's resume.

Furthermore, the poster was more referring to the fact that it seemed peculiar for him to live in a private residence with its owner. Though I personally don't think this is peculiar for an addict, given the right conditions.

Also, not always true about having to settle in horrible areas. Some people who just wait tables at fancy restaurants (tip-dependent) have been known to afford themselves a place in a decent niche in the likes of Los Angeles.

by Anonymousreply 4209/28/2012

Johnny Lewis was the son of two Scientology OT8 - Scientolgist's so high up, they were superhuman, according to church teachings. He was raised in Scientology. The link has details of his involvement.

by Anonymousreply 4309/28/2012

Scientology is very much responsible for these deaths/.

by Anonymousreply 4409/28/2012

Well although it will probably annoy you to hear this, there are certain considerations that need to be taken into account in terms of where you live and how you spend your time when you are a young actor in hollywood.

You might be making enough to own a nice home in the suburbs, but you are not working in sales or marketing, you are working in an extremely social scene-y industry so you probably want to live close to where all the action is, in a hipper LA neighborhood, where maybe you can't afford to buy, but you can rent.

ALSO the nature of the job is super unreliable: yeah, youre making 130k a year for two years, but unlike a marketing executive there is far less of a gaurantee that that salary will continue for the foreseeable future or taht you;ll even be working in the area. what if you land a job on a series that films in Hawaii?

ALSO why are we scratching or heads about the possibly impractical life planning decisions made by someone who MURDERED HIS LANDLADY AND HER CAT UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF DRUGS?

by Anonymousreply 4509/28/2012

What kind of drugs?

by Anonymousreply 4609/28/2012

he never had a chance if he was raised a scientologist.

by Anonymousreply 4709/28/2012

"But killing the old lady is fine, [R20?"

I'm not R20, but obviously that is not what he means and you know it. So shut your self-righteous yapper. It's always the same tired bullshit you type pull out of your asses. Now I'll let you go off to doing your every afternoon soup kitchen duties for the hungry, or other people-related charity.

by Anonymousreply 4809/28/2012

Asshole. So you're horribly depressed and drug addicted, fine take your life. But killing an innocent old woman and an animal? Good riddance to him and RIP for them. I've struggled with depression and addiction myself and have seen members of my family succumb to it. None of them killed or injured innocent people/animals and I know that I would never hurt anyone else. It sounds like he was just a rotten human being.

by Anonymousreply 4909/29/2012

Ughughugh, R45. You're the one who made the original comments about something they were not.

The point was: if he could afford to pay rent at all (or even if his parents paid), why not in a situation without the landlady INSIDE the house? This is entirely plausible. My answer to that was, he was probably avoiding signing a certain type of lease, and/or no one he knew wanted to be his housemate or roommate. And please, he was working only in CA with his parents and daughter there as well.

by Anonymousreply 5009/29/2012

He killed a cat, I hope his death was slow and painful. Piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 5109/29/2012

Here's an amazing reflection on the crime from Taylor Negron who lived in that home early on and knew and loved the murdered landlady, Cathy Davis.

by Anonymousreply 5209/29/2012

There's been information today he was on one of those bizarre new drugs created in the lab, in this case one called "Smiles."

by Anonymousreply 5309/29/2012

Cathy Davis and the house.

by Anonymousreply 5409/29/2012

Woah, R52, thanks for posting that article. Extremely moving, and I'm not easily moved by writing.

It was reported that Katy Perry's best friend praised Lewis on twitter, eventually deleting those messages and tweeting condolences for Davis' friends. Now we know why: many actors loved Davis. Sick.

by Anonymousreply 5509/29/2012

He was probably also broke from spending all his money on Scientology courses.

by Anonymousreply 5609/29/2012

Katy Perry sure knows how to pick 'em

by Anonymousreply 5710/15/2012

Was he fired from SOA?

by Anonymousreply 5803/26/2013

Holy zhit. The toxi ology report was negative for everything. Dude was just psycho.

by Anonymousreply 5903/26/2013

That's interesting news, R59. Programming meltdown?

by Anonymousreply 6003/26/2013

Or the rumors that he was on some sort of synthetic drug that they can't test for are true. Can they test for synthetic drugs yet? Taylor Negron's reminiscences were lovely and sad. WHET him? Is he gay?

by Anonymousreply 6103/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!