Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Food Network's "Restaurant Impossible"

So why are these places still open before that guy arrives? Aren't there food inspectors in those towns?

by Anonymousreply 4112/09/2013

Good question. There's something about this show (other than Robert Irvine's muscular bod) that I enjoy. I love a winning story. I don't know how much of these shows is real and how much is false, but I like seeing the rebuilding of the restaurants.

by Anonymousreply 109/27/2012

Irving is nowhere near the asshole that Ramsay was, though.

by Anonymousreply 209/27/2012

Agree that Irving is more tolerable than Ramsey, but both shows are among my "guilty pleasures."

Have you seen the show on SPIKE TV called "Bar Rescue"? It's the same show again, only this one goes into bars and taverns (most of which also serve food) and do a two day "makeover." The stuff they find in dirty bars (fruit flies in bottles, bugs and mouse droppings in the ice bin, etc.) will make you think twice before you drink at a "dive bar" again.

by Anonymousreply 309/27/2012

The formula is the same for each episode and it's grown tiresome. I hate the Restaurant Stakeout show....My favorite food show is now Chopped.

by Anonymousreply 409/27/2012

Last Saturday morning I went to a place that was on this show. Poco's on the Blvd. (Kansas City, MO) I liked that it was not a rat infested, dirty, cockroach type restaurant that seems to be featured on this show. It was about a family in crisis who had just lost their matriarch and owner of the place.

The place is beautiful, the food is grand and service was excellent. I will go back.

by Anonymousreply 501/08/2013

I am so tired of fake reality.

by Anonymousreply 701/08/2013

Oops, Robert, not Richard.

by Anonymousreply 801/08/2013

Not naked, but stripping.

by Anonymousreply 901/08/2013

The first time I thought he [italic]might[/italic] not be totally straight was on the special about him getting married to Gail Kim -- he was the one doing all the wedding planning. It could just be that he's a control freak, but he was getting all Bridezilla about tableware and such.

by Anonymousreply 1001/08/2013

To me, Irvine looks like an anteater.

by Anonymousreply 1101/08/2013

RI does nothing for me but I'd definitely fuck his carpenter, Tom Bury.

Love the show. It's like the male Tabatha.

by Anonymousreply 1201/08/2013

I wanted Tabatha's fifth season already.

I watch Restaurant: Impossible and I do like Robert Irvine, but those shows do get a little formulaic after a while. Tabatha seems to be more personally invested in the owners, generally gives good advice, and does suffer fools gladly. I've also read a few articles that say that RI plays up the dirtiness of the restaurants (Tabatha's been accused of that too), and will often redo the restaurants with little thought to the local clientele.

It also impresses me more that Tabatha goes back to personally see how the businesses are doing.

That said, I would happily be spit-roasted by Tom Bury and designer Lynn Kegan.

by Anonymousreply 1301/08/2013

The Food Network on-demand special: "Back to the Crack: Robert Irvine vs Tom Bury".

by Anonymousreply 1401/08/2013

Tom Bury not just fucking but making love to Lynn Kegan. I would totally pay to see that!

by Anonymousreply 1612/06/2013

Lynn Kegan is gay and formerly of Austin, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 1712/07/2013

There's a show with an Asian woman who saves Asian places from going under.

by Anonymousreply 1812/07/2013

[quote]Heaven forbid you actually turn off the TV and read a book.

I really hate cunts like this.

This is a gossip board. This is a thread about a Food Network show. If you don't like it, don't click on it.

by Anonymousreply 1912/07/2013

Food Inspectors? Restaurant inspectors? They are an ASSAULT on our LIBERTY!!!

Restaurants should be able to sell rat droppings and call them capers. If they're not, then NONE of us is TRULY FREE!

by Anonymousreply 2012/07/2013

Restaurant Impossible

Bar Rescue

Bakery Boss

Kitchen Nightmares

Salon Takeover

Restaurant Stakeout

"Not only did they save my business, they SAVED my family..."

by Anonymousreply 2112/07/2013

I'd love for one of these shows to drop in on one of Guy Fieri's restaurants.

by Anonymousreply 2212/07/2013

r21, "SAVED my family." I remember when Michael, the son, said that after Buddy put Violet's Bakery in Queens back in business.

by Anonymousreply 2312/07/2013

I'd love to do the pussy with Robert. Just imagine him carrying you around pumping his cock into your hot cunt! You hold onto his monster biceps and straddle his waist as his cock is slammed deep into your rectum! And all the while Robert is saying dirty nasty things to your face, hideous insulting things, calling you a whore and a bitch -- each time thrusting his hot, blood-engorged cock in deep -- and when you call him a fucking asshole from Britain, Robert instantly cums, shooting a huge load up into you, but the stuff falls back onto his dick shaft, dopping down on your lovely Berber carpet in pools that, when you use your blacklight, appear on your rug fluorescent !

by Anonymousreply 2412/07/2013

Overall, R24, this makes a lot of sense.

by Anonymousreply 2512/07/2013

R19, that tiresome troll shows up whining in every television thread.

She thinks watching television and reading are mutually exclusive.

by Anonymousreply 2612/07/2013

R24 got me hot.

by Anonymousreply 2712/07/2013

R24 = Alton Brown

by Anonymousreply 2812/07/2013

Look at the menus for Irvine's restaurants, Eat and Nosh, both in South Carolina.

They're like what passes for upscale cooking in airports in minor American cities.

What great chef has only two restaurants in a non foodie town and claims to be the great sage of cooking.

This guy is an industry joke.

by Anonymousreply 2912/07/2013

There is a restaurant in my city that almost closed down after the show and Irvine left. The owner redid the place ,restoring a lot of it to the way it originally was and now business is booming again.

by Anonymousreply 3012/07/2013

All these food network shows are formulaic. At least it's not Cupcake Wars or Guy's Grocery Wars.

by Anonymousreply 3112/08/2013

Guys grocery wars is actually really fun and requires genuine cooking skills.

by Anonymousreply 3212/08/2013

I'm very familiar with 2 of the restaurants that were "fixed." The first was one of the Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares ones. That one wasn't one of the hell hole of filth places and had been very popular for many years. Typical story. The new owners had some cooking experience but no clue how to actually run a restaurant. Gordon was pretty much spot on with his criticisms and watching we realized why we'd stopped going there. The biggest issue that he failed to mention though was that the nearby completion had become way stiffer over the years. Two nearby places in particular, both Michilin star winners, were similarly price with way better food and atmosphere. Guess where Gordon held his wrap party? Hint- it wasn't at the place he'd fixed. The place closed within 6 months.

Irvine seems to have better luck but I suppose it all depends on the owner. One he did last summer in Saugatuck, MI has been there at least 20 years that I can remember and was very popular at one time but I

by Anonymousreply 3312/09/2013

Oops, didn't finish. Near as I can tell Irvine cleaned it up but not much else has really changed.

If you like these shows tho try Hotel Impossible on the Travel Channel. Not sure if it's running right now but their season finale was a whack job slum lord who gave Ramsey's Crazy Amy a run for her money in the cray cray department.

by Anonymousreply 3412/09/2013

Irvine is hot as hell but I am disappointed now, he looks totally shaves, legs and all and that's so disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 3512/09/2013

I'd love for Robert Irvine to talk about about working on Princess Diana's wedding cake. That'd be too good to be true!

by Anonymousreply 3612/09/2013

R36 it was another one of his lies

by Anonymousreply 3712/09/2013

Irvine's many lies. I'd forgotten how over the top some of them are. This article is full of camp gold.

by Anonymousreply 3812/09/2013

The only rescue dish Irvine ever seems to come up with is Shrimp Scampi, regardless of what they usually serve.

by Anonymousreply 3912/09/2013

R39, what is especially sad is the "happy dance" he does after tasting his own food. Who dances around after eating shrimp scampi? Especially their own?

by Anonymousreply 4012/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!