Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Dexter Season 7, Official Thread

It premieres on Sept 30th.

Let's start early and discuss the trailer.. It looks like Louis will be trying to bust him!

Maybe C.S. Lee, aka Vince Masuka and Sexter will visit us again. That was fun!

by Anonymousreply 35207/17/2013

Let's try and figure this out!

Double click the photo at link to see a larger image.

by Anonymousreply 109/26/2012

Looks good!!

by Anonymousreply 209/26/2012

Sadly, it doesn't look like Masuka survives the season.

by Anonymousreply 309/26/2012

Maybe Louis and Masuka are in cahoots?

by Anonymousreply 409/26/2012

Louis is obvs a psycho.

by Anonymousreply 509/26/2012

Louis' importance was clearly established last season, but I can't remember why.

by Anonymousreply 609/26/2012

It looks like Dexter and Masuka are recreating a spatter pattern from a murder. I don't think Dex would kill Masuka.

by Anonymousreply 709/26/2012

Louis's head is waaaay too big.

Never trust a guy with a giant head.

by Anonymousreply 809/26/2012

Nothing about the Dexter/Deb fantasy.. good!

by Anonymousreply 909/26/2012

Well??

by Anonymousreply 1009/30/2012

OMG, Dexter is everything!

by Anonymousreply 1109/30/2012

Season 7 is off to a great start! I'm so glad Deb finally knows. And hopefully that's the end of her creepy crush on Dexter.

by Anonymousreply 1210/01/2012

Wtf? Where are all the comments on tonight's episode? Glad it's back. Enjoyed it, but the whole airport scene was way too far fetched. Same with the plastic on the toe. It would have melted in the fire as the body was burnt to a crisp. I also couldn't imagine Deb willingly assisting in burning down a church. It could have killed others, the fire that is. Plus she would have been concerned about cameras catching her buying gasoline right before the fire was set. I still loved it and was holding my breath during the final scene.

by Anonymousreply 1310/01/2012

Is Julia Stiles on it? How does she look?

by Anonymousreply 1410/01/2012

I'm still not convinced that the final scene was not only happening in Dexter's mind. Also, that bracelet on the Ukrainian killer's wrist that originally belonged to the killed female cop will come to haunt Dexter.

by Anonymousreply 1510/01/2012

I think ot's hot, R8!

by Anonymousreply 1610/01/2012

Dexter is losing it...I wonder what that lady cop is going to do with the slide she stole from the lab...can't remember her name.

can't wait for next episode!

by Anonymousreply 1710/01/2012

Everyone who watches crime shows knows fire just creates new evidence. Dexter is a dumb show compared to Home land and Breaking Bad. I can't stop watching though and I do like the actress who plays Deb. Hopefully they will drop the storylinE she's in love with Dexter....

by Anonymousreply 1810/01/2012

[quote]Dexter is a dumb show compared to Home land and Breaking Bad.

Oh, dear.

...And THAT is what happens when you let uneducated fraus in.

by Anonymousreply 1910/01/2012

I thought this episode had a good vibe to it. I like the tension that's already building. I agree, though, that Dex was probably imagining Deb in the end, though it would be kind of nice if he wasn't. I hope with the Ukrainian thing, Dex gets to travel to Europe. This show needs something different, already.

by Anonymousreply 2010/01/2012

Dear r19 I ain't no 'fraus' I do think grammer trolls are lower than pond scum...

Also good night and please go fuck yourself...

by Anonymousreply 2110/01/2012

Dexter isn't a 'dumb' show, it's maybe not your particular taste. That's one of the good reasons why you have a remote control.

by Anonymousreply 2210/01/2012

An airport? He picks a baggage room at an airport to kill after he wanders through TSA and get's photographed by about a zillion cameras while he's tracking a murder suspect?

I'm trying to stay involved with this show, but the writers have to meet me halfway.

by Anonymousreply 2310/01/2012

Not to mention doesn't Dexter strip his victims? Couldn't he changed his habit with someone who wassn't so handsome?

by Anonymousreply 2410/01/2012

Well, he knows the lost baggage room at the airport will be quiet and isolated since the airlines never lose passenger's bags.

by Anonymousreply 2510/01/2012

Bump

by Anonymousreply 2610/01/2012

[quote]I'm trying to stay involved with this show, but the writers have to meet me halfway.

Exactly. Last season was really bad, and I don't hold much hope for this one, with the writers expecting the audience to suspend disbelief and think Dex could possibly get away with that murder in the airport.

by Anonymousreply 2710/01/2012

Maybe he doesn't get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 2810/01/2012

MCH look significantly different than last season. Getting older, different haircut, illness, makeup... not sure what it is.

by Anonymousreply 2910/01/2012

Where's Sexter?!

by Anonymousreply 3010/01/2012

I will concede that the whole killing in the airport was a bit of a stretch. Well, a huge stretch. Lord knows after 9/11 if ANYPLACE would have an overabundance of security cameras it would be an airport.

by Anonymousreply 3110/01/2012

Michael was a fantastic 'Emcee' in CABARET.

by Anonymousreply 3210/01/2012

One more season after this one and Dexter is done.

by Anonymousreply 3310/01/2012

I thought this was the last season.

by Anonymousreply 3410/01/2012

I could be wrong about that R34.

by Anonymousreply 3510/02/2012

It's been renewed through season 8 but I haven't heard that 8 will be the final season.

by Anonymousreply 3610/02/2012

I know R24, I was so waiting to see his sexy feets on the table.

by Anonymousreply 3710/02/2012

The first episiode was intense. The show looks different this year. Darker color palette, not so sunny Miami. It looks good. I like that LaQuerta is going to have a bigger role this season. Dokes told her he thought Dexter was the Bay Harbor Butcher and she covered for him. Finding that blood slide has to be freaking her out. I agree that the kill at the airport seemed contrived but his sister just found out he killed a man and may have killed before. He's been thrown off his game. Cut a MoFo a break. I want to love this show again. Season six is off to a good start.

by Anonymousreply 3810/02/2012

For R37: Dexter and feet in the same video (and pictures)

by Anonymousreply 3910/02/2012

Seaason 8 is officially the final season.

I happened to like last season, and so far, season 7 is dynamite.

by Anonymousreply 4010/04/2012

Dexter a dumb show? No. It's a great show, great actors, great characters and great writers. If YOU think it's dumb, more than likely, it means you're dumb.

by Anonymousreply 4110/06/2012

I thought MCH looked great, if he had a different haircut, I didn't notice.

Eric King is going to be back this season but I'm not sure if he will be a real live Doakes or just in Dexter's mind.

by Anonymousreply 4210/06/2012

I think Dexter gets rid of Louis in episope three but I'm just guessing.

by Anonymousreply 4310/06/2012

The Julia Stiles season was the worst and she reminds me of a turtle. She aged so poorly. Cute when younger. Johnny Lee Miller was coked out of his head in the latter episodes. Compare his pupils to Dexter and the other actors. It wasn't the lighting, his pupils were saucers and his jaw was really tight.

So not fair we had to look at Colin Hank's pussy face all season long. Damn you Hollywood Nepotism!

by Anonymousreply 4410/06/2012

My least favorite season was two. Lila. Couldn't wait for her to die. Colin Hanks season was meh at best. Way too over the top. Julia's season was better than both of those, IMO. But not much.

by Anonymousreply 4510/06/2012

[quote] My least favorite season was two. Lila. Couldn't wait for her to die.

Couldn't agree more. The progression of that storyline was boring and predictable from the get-go.

by Anonymousreply 4610/06/2012

Like some others, I really liked the Julia Stiles season.

I am not sure how this one goes. Nobody can act suffering like Jennifer Carpenter/Deb. I'm not sure I will find a season of her flipping out to be something to look forward to. I love the actress, I love Deb, but Deb is fucked up. This could get uglier than is entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 4710/06/2012

Season 5 was my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 4810/06/2012

The show knocked the John Lithgow and Julia Stiles seasons out of the park. The trinity killer season is when this show turned the corner from being the usual campy Showtime show to a serious drama.

Am I the only one who thinks Jennifer Carpenter's acting has improved leaps and bounds? Her acting was downright cringe worthy the first season. But now she is one of the strongest performers on the show. She has really grown as an actress on the show.

by Anonymousreply 4910/06/2012

I think her pain and turmoil and overall fuckedupedness is seriously scorching. The character alternately repels you at her hot mess and then draws you in at sympathy for the intensity of her feelings. It may be one of the few cases where the performance is bigger than the writing. They gave her a great character to work with, but holy fuck, does she work it.

by Anonymousreply 5010/06/2012

I think Debra will get ahold of her emotions and hopefully, she will support him. She did support the vigilanti's, so how could she not support her own brother...he needs to remind her of that little fact and also that she once said she did not mind shooting a bad guy and that she would do it again. Those were her own words.

by Anonymousreply 5110/06/2012

Well here is what I think. If Debra was completely against Dexter, she would have called the cops already upon finding the blood slides. And the fact that Lt. LaGuerta found a slide of Dexter's means that she is going to end up on his table with the help of Debra somehow. I cannot wait to see how this season plays out.

I love that in the commentary last season, the writers had no idea what revealing Dexter's secret to Debra would mean. But they knew by the end of last season they had to do it. Now I am just anxious to see what they have discovered for the both of them this season.

by Anonymousreply 5210/06/2012

Lewis, like John Kerry has that big giant head, reminiscent of those cheap Sears mannequins from the 70s and other cheap, low end stores, n'est-ce pas?

by Anonymousreply 5310/07/2012

I have to say I've been a dabbler since Rita died. It's not that I liked her particularly but I lost some steam about watching it after that. I did watch the Julia Stiles season but didn't love it. Maybe having the wife die and leaving the baby pushed me over the edge from considering it a well-written show to gratutious in your face provocation.

by Anonymousreply 5410/07/2012

Geeze, that sitter must be getting rich watching Harrison while Dex stays with Deb. He doen't even mention the kid hardly ever.

by Anonymousreply 5510/07/2012

I hope they don't crowbar the 'Deb-loves-Dex' plot into this season. Deb has said a few things that make it look like it may still go there.

by Anonymousreply 5610/07/2012

No one cared about tonites rpisode? just fastfowarded myself...

by Anonymousreply 5710/08/2012

Agree R50.

by Anonymousreply 5810/08/2012

Where is everyone?? Last season we had such great discussions. Love it or hate it, it would be gay to see some action in the thread.

by Anonymousreply 5910/08/2012

I watched the whole thing. It was fine. Like Boardwalk Empire, though, I am not quite sure where it's going. I think Deb finding out was a massive mistake. That storyline should have threaded through the entire last season. I don't know how they can make her live with the knowledge without all of suffering terribly or her giving Dexter a free pass. She can't fight him and she can't join him.

by Anonymousreply 6010/08/2012

I see Desmond Harrington is still waaaayyyy too thin. He almost looks sickly.

by Anonymousreply 6110/08/2012

[quote]She can't fight him and she can't join him.

Or can she?

by Anonymousreply 6210/08/2012

Hi R59, I'm here. I'm back to speculate our way through season 7. Fingers crossed Sexter joins us again.

by Anonymousreply 6310/09/2012

agree r61. he looked better before the ana or meth or whatever

by Anonymousreply 6410/09/2012

Help, I didn't get to see the last show and I'll probably miss the nex show also.

by Anonymousreply 6510/09/2012

R61, he looks very very ill. I hope he's ok.

by Anonymousreply 6610/11/2012

R61, R64 and R66, look at this side by side comparison of him. It's fucking awful, whatever has happened. And no, it's not just "aging" as some people will undoubtably say.

It's harrowing seeing both pics together. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 6710/11/2012

Might be from working out and dieting too much

by Anonymousreply 6810/11/2012

[quote]Might be from working out and dieting too much

If I diet and work out too much will my eyebrows do that?? It may save me a few grand getting a brow lift!

by Anonymousreply 6910/11/2012

What's a little odd is the way his cheeks sink in...it's as if he has no back teeth and that's what makes him look like a meth head.

by Anonymousreply 7010/12/2012

But I don't want him to get any fillers, I think he has had enough face work...he just needs to leave it alone.

by Anonymousreply 7110/12/2012

He looks like Karen Carpenter's twin. If there's no drug problem or medical illness, then there's some body issues going on. But the way he speaks makes me thing drugs or alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 7210/12/2012

I wish I could watch it this year but I seem to be shit out of luck, no Showtime.

by Anonymousreply 7310/14/2012

This scene was really poorly written:

Nadia going to see Quinn to tell him that her dead dancer friend loved the bracelet she was wearing when she was killed and wanted to make sure she's buried with it. Then Quinn telling her the bracelet went missing.

A non-family member seemingly making arrangements for the use of a victims personal items? This scene was so crudely crow-barred in so they could do the GPS scene, then have the Russian almost find Dexter.

by Anonymousreply 7410/14/2012

What happened tonight? Spoil away...

by Anonymousreply 7510/14/2012

Louis has been dispatched, which I'm terribly disappointed by. I was rather excited about the idea of Dexter driving someone mentally unstable to kill, and then having to deal with the monster he himself created.

by Anonymousreply 7610/14/2012

R76, I'm disappointed too that Louis is gone. His character was just getting interesting. I enjoyed that storyline much more than the strip club heroine arc. Those business men bore me.

by Anonymousreply 7710/15/2012

So did Dexter kill Louis and if he did, why did he kill him? Thanks for any spoilers.

by Anonymousreply 7810/15/2012

Anyone know what the relationship is like between Carpenter and Hall? I wonder if there's any weirdness.

by Anonymousreply 7910/15/2012

That Isaac daddy is hot.

Lots of hot men this season, actually.

Would it kill Jennifer Carpenter to cut some bangs or something?

by Anonymousreply 8010/15/2012

I thought the exact same thing R74. It was just such a lame link. Maybe they reworked the story at the 11th hour. It really did seem "crow-barred in".

And the russians getting rid of Louis was so anti climactic. The Russian story line is no where near as interesting as the Dexter/Louis cat and mouse game.

This episode seemed a bit off kilter. Deb coming around to Dexter's "lifestyle" overnight and even Masuka firing Louis, all just seemed a bit left of centre.

Of course it could've been the wine I was drinking and not the episode itself that effected my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 8110/15/2012

I agree with everyone's comments, but I think Louis will come back to haunt Dexter after all. They'll find his body, and his blood on Dexter's boat, and sis will be absolutely convinced he killed Louis, and it will be public enough that she can't hide it.

Of course Dexter will kill the Big Bad Russian with the British Accent, and maybe Jason Gedrick too (it's nice to see him again).

by Anonymousreply 8210/15/2012

I agree with R82

by Anonymousreply 8310/17/2012

[quote]That Isaac daddy is hot.

Anyone else remember Ray Stevenson as Titus Pullo on HBO's Rome? He was much nicer there and just as hot.

They are dispatching too many hot men without me being able to see their feets on Dexter's table.

by Anonymousreply 8410/17/2012

I am having a problem with Dexter and Debbie. They changed her personality. It is not believable she would wait. She always just reacts, doesn't think.

by Anonymousreply 8510/20/2012

Anyone else disappointed in this season so far?

by Anonymousreply 8610/22/2012

I'm having trouble with the Dexter and Debbie scenes. I know they just got a divorce, so maybe it's me, but when they're discussing Dexter killing people, their dialogue all seems to have this weird double meaning where they're parroting lines they said while they were deciding to get divorced. It's like watching bad couple's therapy.

I was pleased to see Dexter feed the guy into the oven--always nice to see something different, but wasn't it kind of odd to kill him with the stake instead of just sliding him in there alive?

by Anonymousreply 8710/22/2012

I had to think back to remember how the English/Russian guy found Dexter's boat. It was that the guy Dexter killed in the airport took a bracelet off the dancer he'd killed and that bracelet had a GPS thing on it. The point that eludes me - why did the bracelet have GPS? I know the writers had to figure out a way for the gangster and Dexter to meet, but this one is weak - a magic "GPS bracelet".

They never show Harrison anymore, probably cause the child has changed too much in the last year. I see him being shipped off to relatives like Debra suggested last night.

I'm getting kinda tired of the 'Dex is superman' thing. He's always able to overpower all these male victims, no matter their age or size, then haul their unconscious bodies to his killing room without being seen.

by Anonymousreply 8810/22/2012

Another thing that annoys me - Miami is LOUSY with crazy killers.

Plus, most of them are the type of killer that plans out elaborate scenarios and tableaus, have funky costumes, leave clues to taunt the police, have shrines, take trophies. My eyes were rolling at the killer last night with the minotaur horns and built a maze in a house. Too much.

by Anonymousreply 8910/22/2012

I didn't see it but tell me...didn't Michael C. Hall do a great job on the kill?

Is Isaak gay?

by Anonymousreply 9010/23/2012

There have been a million clues that tell you, Deb does not have a problem with killing bad guys. In the books, she completely accepts it, no problem.

by Anonymousreply 9110/23/2012

R85 and R87, please stop calling her DEBBIE. It's Deb or Debra.

by Anonymousreply 9210/23/2012

It seems like Isaac and Victor were lovers but for the life of me, I can't see anything lovable about either one of them.

by Anonymousreply 9310/23/2012

Which one is Victor? I wondered if the guy in the pic was Isaac's lover, or if it will turn out to be a brother or son or some stupid thing.

by Anonymousreply 9410/23/2012

[quote] but for the life of me, I can't see anything lovable about either one of them.

You haven't seen them with their pants off.

[quote]I wondered if the guy in the pic was Isaac's lover, or if it will turn out to be a brother or son or some stupid thing.

Of course they are lovers, they look nothing alike and aren't even from the same country.

[quote]Another thing that annoys me - Miami is LOUSY with crazy killers

Why are you even watching the show then? It's like saying I love Glee except for all the terrible singing.

And ANOTHER hot guy dispatched with no feets. Boots? I want old Dexter back where the guy is naked, saran-wrapped to a metal table, bare feet to camera.

by Anonymousreply 9510/23/2012

Thanks, R95 - I have to admit I only kind of half-watched this episode. The picture caught my attention only because I thought of how hot it would be if Isaac had a gay lover.

by Anonymousreply 9610/23/2012

i think the bracelet was how the russian mob tracked the drugs or drug mules...

by Anonymousreply 9710/24/2012

We weally hope you arh enjoying what we as actohs arh doing. we weally, weally wove ouh jobs.

by Anonymousreply 9810/24/2012

How awesome would that be if they portray Isaac as gay? His Italian shoes and suits are to die for.

by Anonymousreply 9910/24/2012

How hot will Isaac be when he's nude on Dexter's table? He's much younger in real life than the character he plays. Thought he'd at least be in his 50s.

The guy who plays Joe, I'll agree w/someone up thread. Brow lift, for sure. He also seems to have had his nose tip shaved back a bit. A small cheek implant to cut his features sharp. The over aggressive brow lift tightened his face too much. The eyes belong on someone in their 20s. It should settle nicely if he doesn't overdo the Botox in about a years time.

by Anonymousreply 10010/24/2012

R67's pic - he was so hot before. He's not that old - does he really think he needs brow lifts and starvation?

by Anonymousreply 10110/24/2012

Who is, 'Sexter'?

by Anonymousreply 10210/24/2012

Isaac is gay and Victor (Isaac's lover) was killed by Dexter, because Victor, killed Michael (the detective).

So the gay mobster is after Mr Handsome.

by Anonymousreply 10310/24/2012

R101, sometimes agents or managers force their clients into plastic surgery or weight loss or boby building that the actor isn't really interested in, it's kind of sad.

by Anonymousreply 10410/24/2012

I thought that stripper was banging Victor.

I'm confused now.

by Anonymousreply 10510/24/2012

[quote]I was pleased to see Dexter feed the guy into the oven--always nice to see something different, but wasn't it kind of odd to kill him with the stake instead of just sliding him in there alive?

He's not into torture. He always goes for a quick kill.

by Anonymousreply 10610/24/2012

The actor who played Victor, Enver Gjokaj, has an identical twin brother named Demir. For those of you into hot twin fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 10710/24/2012

Enver.

by Anonymousreply 10810/24/2012

I don't think most of us want to watch torture...I know I don't.

by Anonymousreply 10910/24/2012

I don't think Dexter's killer urges would be satisfied by simply pushing a button on an automatic crematorium, hence the satisfaction of a thick stake through the heart.

by Anonymousreply 11010/24/2012

R103, I thought they were father and son.

by Anonymousreply 11110/24/2012

It certainly didn't seem like a father and son situation to me.

by Anonymousreply 11210/25/2012

Nor to me, r112 - didn't he have a picture of the two of them hidden?

by Anonymousreply 11310/25/2012

Do we still have a DL mole on the Dexter set?

by Anonymousreply 11410/25/2012

Not that I know of...doesn't seem like it but I'm always looking for spoilers.

I'm wondering if Quinn will die at the end of this season?

by Anonymousreply 11510/25/2012

I think something weirdl go down in Debs house eventually. It's a such a creepy place.

by Anonymousreply 11610/26/2012

They shouldn't bring in the supernatural...Dexter can't stake a supernatural villian.

by Anonymousreply 11710/26/2012

Dexter will definitely have to prove to Deb that he didn't kill Louis. And yes, I'm still not sure if Victor was the boss's lover or son or brother.

by Anonymousreply 11810/26/2012

You must be kidding. It was so obvious that Victor and Isaac were lovers. In the closet? Yes but still lovers.

by Anonymousreply 11910/26/2012

Yep they were lovers. If they were father and son or brothers the entire club would have known.

by Anonymousreply 12010/26/2012

I thought it was his grandson.

by Anonymousreply 12110/26/2012

When it comes to Ray Stevenson, I'd hit it hard and often.

by Anonymousreply 12210/26/2012

I'm not feeling the subplot of the blonde murderess; time drags when she and Dex have scenes together.

I wonder if Quinn will make it alive to next season r will the Russkies kill him.

by Anonymousreply 12310/28/2012

I don't think Quinn is going to make it...either he will die or get fired. But Deb can't fire him because he knows Dexter killed Liddy, so Deb will probably have to save Dexter again.

by Anonymousreply 12410/28/2012

I hope Dexter kills the blond but I can't tell if he hates her or if he might have a crush on her?

by Anonymousreply 12510/28/2012

He has a crush on her and she knows it. I have a feeling she's going to take advantage of Dex in some way. Blondie seems up to no good.

by Anonymousreply 12610/29/2012

I hope Dexter (well, the writers) is smarter than to let another blonde bitch into his bed. Really, they need to make him asexual. Not every male on TV needs a damn woman.

by Anonymousreply 12711/03/2012

Off topic but that blonde is making her Broadway debut this fall in GOLDEN BOY at the Belasco. Cast as love interest Lorna Moon.

by Anonymousreply 12811/03/2012

And Dexter doesn't really have chemistry with them. The only reason he fell for Lumen is because he felt guilty about Rita.

by Anonymousreply 12911/03/2012

I'm not enjoying the entire Russian subplot, I don't like the British actor, he's a typical 'tough guy', there is nothing new there.

What's the twist, that he's gay? Snore. Who cares.

I also don't enjoy Dexter getting involved iwth the female killer, she's as dull as dishwater.

This might be the worst Dexter season ever. Can't believe we've waited so long for this crap.

by Anonymousreply 13011/05/2012

Yep, the whole Russian sub plot is as boring as all get out, but I like Dex fooling around with the homicidal blonde. I also like Laguetta starting to circle Dexter like a shark although how she suddenly realized there was a link between the bay harbour butcher and missing murderers was tenuous.

by Anonymousreply 13111/05/2012

This show always sucks me in. I always think the first few episodes are crap and by about #3 I never know what the hell is going to happen. It's interesting.

by Anonymousreply 13211/05/2012

Isaac looks hot in his prison jumpsuit. I would love to be his prison bitch.

by Anonymousreply 13311/05/2012

Why didn't Dexter kill the blonde? WTF?

Seriously. :/

by Anonymousreply 13411/05/2012

That ending was hot...but totally ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 13511/05/2012

I know, R134. That ending was a little creepy to start, and then it just seemed so fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 13611/05/2012

I don't care how hot she is (and she is very hot!!), Dexter wouldn't overlook the fact that she killed innocent people.

by Anonymousreply 13711/05/2012

My question goes a few episodes back.

What happened to his kid when Dex moved in with his sister for a few days? Kid was not mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 13811/06/2012

R138. I think the nanny probably stayed with Harrison in Dexter's apartment. But nobody bothered to mention that.

by Anonymousreply 13911/06/2012

It was mentioned. He was visiting his brother and sister at their grandparents' house. The nanny took him.

by Anonymousreply 14011/06/2012

[quote]Dexter wouldn't overlook the fact that she killed innocent people.

As this episode made very clear, Dexter's fundamental motivation to kill is a lust for blood, not a love for justice. That's just what restrains him. If he wanted to fuck her, I could easily see him letting her live.

She's the logical next step after Lumen. Lumen killed for revenge. Blondie kills in part for the same reason as Dexter: For pleasure.

But just how many people can Dexter have in his life who know his secret? Blondie makes four--Deb, Lumen, Trinity's son and Blondie. Dad must not be pleased.

by Anonymousreply 14111/06/2012

Yes but Dexter usually turns down the innocent kill...so even though he kills for pleasure and sport, it's different. I don't like this woman who easily kills the innocent. She's a more disgusting kind of monster. Why couldn't she kill evil people? There are many evil people to kill...Rush Limbaugh.

by Anonymousreply 14211/06/2012

Because, R142, I think this maybe signals a shift in Dexter's 'code'. He got off on this woman, knowing that she's killed. The whole scene was staged in such a way as to romanticize the 'kill'. I wouldn't be surprised if after he pulls out next week he plunges his other knife into her. Or, maybe he'll let her live and she'll be his eventual downfall. Is this the last season, btw?

by Anonymousreply 14311/06/2012

His code is "kill only the guilty" not "kill all the guilty."

by Anonymousreply 14411/06/2012

There will be at least one more season after this one.

by Anonymousreply 14511/06/2012

Or, maybe, the two of them will start killing together and that's going to lead to his downfall. Isn't this the penultimate season anyway? The writers could easily stretch this storyline until the end of the show.

by Anonymousreply 14611/06/2012

NO MENTION OF THE HOT TRUE CRIME WRITER?? What the fuck has happened to this place?

It's Santiago Cabrera. I think he's Chilean. I almost didn't recognize him, he looks so different in most every role he's played.

Anyhow, I hope we get to see more of him..

My guess is that the blonde will find out he is looking into her being a killer. Either Dexter will be stupid and tell her, or she will find out by snooping on Dexter's computer.

Then, she will kill the writer, or will try.. Dexter will be put in the position (again) to kill her, since now Deb is dating/in love with/sleeping with the writer.

Poor Deb, every single guy she has dated or been in love with has been killed or had something bad happen. So, it looks as though it will happen again.

Any other theories about this?

by Anonymousreply 14811/06/2012

Hmmm, I say we'll see Dexter and Hannah laugh about their sexual encounter and how it can never happen again. They chalk it up as a "misunderstanding" .. She also makes Dexter promise that he's not going to try and kill her again. She tells him she never really thought he'd kill her anyway. Blah, blah, blah ...

I think at first, Dexter thinks Price ("the hot crime writer") sees him as just an innocent lab geek in over his head. However, Price finds out Dexter fucked up the reports and confronts him about it. ("Clouds parted, and much was revealed").. Price accuses him of protecting Hannah and puts him in a difficult spot, prompting Dexter to try and negotiate, begging Price not to write about it because it will destroy his career with Miami Metro. Dexter asks what it will take to keep him quiet. Price will suggest that Dexter give him some inside information for his book. He wants a Juicy "lab tech seduced by femme fatale" story, but Dexter will hem and haw and try to give him something else until he can wiggle out of the situation.

Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 14911/06/2012

Goid theory r149. I think we were meant to believe that when Blondie told him to go ahead and kill her, she took all the fun out of killing her. And we're supposed to believe that he has such a boner for her that it's clouding his judgement. So instead of killing her, he just screwed her instead. It's all very out if character for Dex but i think they're trying to suggest that he is becoming more reckless, setting up the scene for next year, the final season, when it starts to close in on him. Of course he'll probably get away. Probably run off to a farm in Argentina with the blonde if he hasn't killed her already.Lord knows what they'll do with Harrison, he's so inconvenient to the show.

The show is deliberately increasing the number of people who know he's a killer. Deb, lumen, the hot blonde, Quinn knows he killed liddy and Isaac knows he killed his lover. Not to mention La Guerta is suspicious that the bay harbor butcher works in law enforcement. One of them will eventually talk. Of course all these people knowing goes totally against his fathers code so the impression is that it's all beginning to close in on Dex. There are too many people to keep an eye on.

On a separate note, that hot crime writer and Deb seemed to have zero chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 15011/06/2012

I'M SO SICK OF DEB GOING APE SHIT EVERY MINUTE. TALK ABOUT OVER ACTING! SHEEEEESH!

DEB IS KILLING THE SHOW. AND SAY "FUCK" EVERY OTHER WORD DOESN'T MAKE IT "EDGY."

by Anonymousreply 15111/10/2012

R151, your all caps post is way more annoying.

by Anonymousreply 15211/11/2012

I like what R149 said. I'd love it if Dexter gets caught up with the crime writer guy.

He's getting in over his head.

by Anonymousreply 15311/11/2012

R151. Leave Deb alone. It's perfectly reasonable to freak out about your brother being a serial killer, especially if you're a police lieutenant.

I changed my mind about Dexter and Hannah. Not as ridiculous as I first thought. I think she's going to get him to stop following the Code and that's going to make the show much more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 15411/11/2012

R149 is either psychic or somehow saw this weeks episode early.

by Anonymousreply 15511/11/2012

R149 = Sexter?

by Anonymousreply 15611/11/2012

r149 seems to be right on the mark. An insider, perhaps? I can't stand Deb's ears but she has beautiful exotic eyes. Is she part Native American?

by Anonymousreply 15711/11/2012

I saw deb in a gym, she is soooo skinny!

by Anonymousreply 15811/11/2012

It's weird how many people comment on Deb around here. She's skinny. Someone doesn't like her ears.

by Anonymousreply 15911/11/2012

[quote]I saw deb in a gym, she is soooo skinny!

It's the LA actress syndrome. They put her in these super sleek pants and they still look like palazzo pants on her.

Speaking of palazzo pants, what was that horrible brick toned dreck they had Capt. LaGuerta in? With those hideous platform shoes, it looked like wardrobe had it in for her.

by Anonymousreply 16011/11/2012

wow, just saw the show and it's interesting now Debs wants to get in on the killing!

by Anonymousreply 16111/12/2012

I just do not find anything about the Hannah plot interesting. I'm so demoralized that they went this disappointing way with the story, when the season started out with so much promise.

by Anonymousreply 16211/12/2012

Wish they'd bring back the Trinity Killer's son. Hot!

by Anonymousreply 16311/12/2012

It is nice that they have two good looking blond women on the show for a change. It was hard having to look at Rita and Lumen. I've noticed that Hannah won't do topless scenes. She certainly has a bright future in the business. I hope the Hannah character sets her sights on taking out Deb and Dexter has to make a choice. Deb dying would be the best thing to happen to Dexter. He could be his old self again. They should kill off all that are onto Dexter so he can start fresh again and be like the earlier seasons. Hannah kills Deb and then Dex kills Hannah. Angel gets Deb's position and forgets his restaurant career. I've the feeling LaGuerta will be killed off this season. They've drastically reduced her camera time and seem to be phasing her out. Masuka will be the last one standing.

by Anonymousreply 16411/12/2012

r163 so do I. At least HE had chemistry with Dexter, unlike this blonde bore.

by Anonymousreply 16511/12/2012

I can't get into this season at all, I can't stand Hannah, the actress, her acting and her storyline.

Dexter doesn't need this albatross, I don't even see a deeper psychological reason why he'd get involved with her. He's over his head because she's completely and utterly devious, I can't believe he truly trusts her. She will do anything to continue killing and that means she will even kill Dexter or Deb if given the chance.

Dexter has always had a clear vision about who he kills. Hannah basically told him, her main reason for killing, "survival of the fittest'. Besides being delusional, she kills for the pure pleasure of doing it, there's nothing redeeming about this cold crazy blond bitch.

If the director and writers wanted to show Dexter as a sexual person, have him fuck some call girls! They didn't need to have him involved with a crazy woman who now knows all his secrets! What a mistake, Dexter suddenly becoming so forthcoming to a serial murderess?

The Russian guy with the British accent? Where are they going with this? Yet another character who knows Dexter is a killer, c'mon!

I'm enjoying that Deb wants Dexter to kill Hannah. If he decides not to, I would love Deb to go the darkside, for Deb to kill Hannah herself. Mostly because I can't take Hannah for much longer, not for the entire season.

by Anonymousreply 16611/12/2012

I hate to say it but Hall doesn't seem to have chemistry with women...don't know why.

I hope Isaak kills Hannah...it's only fair.

by Anonymousreply 16711/13/2012

I don't believe it is at all odd that Deb wants to use Dexter as an assassin. It seems human to me.

by Anonymousreply 16811/13/2012

Yes, Isaak should/will kill Hannah. That storyline with Hannah is like reverse of the storyline with the crazy woman Dexter cheated with while with Rita. When the crazy woman found out Dexter killed, she wanted to kill, too. Then, Dex killed her.

by Anonymousreply 16911/13/2012

MCH's hair is looking wonky this season. He seems to have more forehead and his hair seems teased and fuzzy like (fake) hair has been blended in to make it look fuller.

Maybe his hair never recovered from his chemo sessions.

He has no chemistry with Hannah - I hope they never have another sex scene. Blech.

Deb cannot keep a man! Another male that showed an interest in her ends up dead.

by Anonymousreply 17011/13/2012

I miss the old Dexter, the outsider who didn't feel the same things human beings felt, the one who had to watch people to observe how to behave himself, especially in relationships, and the one who was always pretending and hiding in plain sight.

Now he's banging a hot blonde every season and apparently enjoying it.

by Anonymousreply 17111/13/2012

Saw the actress who plays Hannah in GOLDEN BOY on Sunday. She was very good. Good actress in a great revival at the Belasco.

by Anonymousreply 17211/13/2012

R171 You should read the books (if you haven't already). Dexter is a total sociopath in the books and doesn't change and become more human.

by Anonymousreply 17311/13/2012

So I'm alone in thinking Hannah and Dex have great chemistry? But I miss the old Dexter too R171. I like that he was dead on the inside and faking his ability to care. But now that he does care about the blonde, he's in quite a conundrum-choosing between his sister and the blonde.

I didn't think Sal Price and Deb had much chemistry however, which is why her turning vigilante over a guy she had 2 dates seems a bit much.

Im also curious as to what will happen to Quinn. He didn't buy Dex's version of the sal price heart attack story.

by Anonymousreply 17411/13/2012

My theory: the Ukrainian mob (or Isaac) will draft Quinn to kill Dexter. That will ultimately lead to Quinn's death.

by Anonymousreply 17511/13/2012

[quote]So I'm alone in thinking Hannah and Dex have great chemistry?

She's the first one to have ANY chemistry with Dexter, so yeah, you're right.

I'll admit that when Dexter looked over at her and said "Boy, did he pick the wrong car to fuck with," that was pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 17611/13/2012

I wanted the bitch dead for killing Price and I never had any dates with him. I did think he was cute and liked his character, so yes I want Hannah dead as soon as possible.

by Anonymousreply 17711/13/2012

Whatever disease Desmond Harrington has, Will Arnett seems to have caught it too. They both are over tanned and quite manorexic looking. Maybe it's a deep voice syndrome thing.

by Anonymousreply 17811/13/2012

I agree R178, they both look starved.

by Anonymousreply 17911/13/2012

The Russian will have Hannah killed to punish Dexter.

by Anonymousreply 18011/16/2012

I hope so, except I really wish Deb would kill Hannah...stomp her to death.

by Anonymousreply 18111/16/2012

Yet again, and not coincidentally, MCH has exponentially more chemistry with a man than he does with the blonde love interest the producers try to shoehorn in for him.

I could not possibly care any less about Hannah, and I can't imagine that anyone else does, either; this can't be what they intended for the character.

by Anonymousreply 18211/18/2012

The scene with Dexter and Sirko was fantastic. Best scene of the whole season so far.

by Anonymousreply 18311/19/2012

So who thinks Hannah is going to go after Deb, forcing Dex to choose?

by Anonymousreply 18411/19/2012

I think that might be the case R184.

by Anonymousreply 18511/19/2012

Love that Sirko is gay. That was a sad rendition of a gay bar. Boring as hell with just couples sipping cocktails and chatting. He gave away his gayness earlier in the episode when he signaled to the police car outside of the club. He sauntered and peacocked, almost sashayed into the strip club. He's like an evil, brooding James Bond. Love where his scenario is going.

by Anonymousreply 18611/19/2012

Yep Dex is going to have to choose between Hannah and Deb. He'll choose Deb. Ultimately she's the only person he really cares about. Even though we're supposed to believe he also loves the much neglected Harrison.

Im wondering if Hannah is a danger to Harrison. All that "I love kids" business is a bit hard to swallow considering she kills people for fun.

by Anonymousreply 18711/19/2012

Of course she is a danger to Harrison...she hates kids and I guess I do too because I'm hoping she either kills Harrison or Debra takes over Harrison's upbringing. His father is a serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 18811/19/2012

Let's face it, Hall has chemistry with men...not usually with women.

I guess I kind of wish they would stop giving him girlfriends...his character isn't really into women, he kind of expressed those feelings in the first episode. He did seem to love Rita but he really started dating her so he could look normal

by Anonymousreply 18911/19/2012

The kid(s) who plays Harrison is the mellowest little toddler I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 19011/19/2012

Am I suppose to think he should live because he's an adorable little toddler?

by Anonymousreply 19111/19/2012

No R19, I don't think he should live because he's "adorable". In fact I think they should have killed him off several seasons ago. He's been totally inconvenient for the show. Does anyone care if Harrison is killed off? Doubt it. I was just wondering if Hannah is going to be the one who finally does him in, despite her insistence that she just loves the kiddies.

by Anonymousreply 19211/19/2012

I loved Ray Stevenson's delivery of the scene in the gay bar. In every respect. He's a hot looking man.

The close ups made me realize CMH needs lower lid eyelash implants.

by Anonymousreply 19311/19/2012

Or just some mascara. Either way.

by Anonymousreply 19411/19/2012

I always felf like MCH has his lashes dyed black. What do you think?

by Anonymousreply 19511/19/2012

' I wipe back to front! "

by Anonymousreply 19611/19/2012

I am female and I don't have a brother... wouldn't it be odd to tell your brother you are in love him. I think I would keep it to myself.

I only watched the episode on and off.. so maybe it was a dream?

by Anonymousreply 19711/19/2012

R197. No, that wasn't a dream, Deb really told Dexter she was in love with him. And yes it was a very odd thing to do. Deb said it herself. "you're a serial killer and I'm more fucked up than you.". My favorite line of the night.

by Anonymousreply 19811/19/2012

My older brother once kissed me like a man kisses a woman. I was a bit surprised but I just thought it was an accident. I was a 14 year old female. Do guys make those kinds of mistakes?

by Anonymousreply 19911/19/2012

Jennifer Carpenter is great this season. MCH has got some serious fivehead going on... The actress who plays Hannah reminds me of a taller Naomi Watts.

God, I love this show and I seem to be in the minority of people who actually think this season is great. Much better than the last two.

by Anonymousreply 20011/19/2012

I like it too r200. I think Hannah is better looking than Naomi Watts btw and doesn't have that annoying smirk Naomi always seems to have.

As for siblings of any gender "falling in love" or kissing younger sisters well that's 18 kinds of creepy in real life. I guess on Dexter the premise is that Dexter was adopted as a toddler, so deb and dex arent really related. Although Deb and Dex were raised as siblings so it's still freaking bizarre. Which is why Deb said that great line about being more fucked up than her serial killer brother.

by Anonymousreply 20111/19/2012

Anyone else thinking / hoping the babysitter was going to drive off the road or get hit by a semi when she was transporting the kids from Orlando?

by Anonymousreply 20211/19/2012

That would be me, R202. I don't know why exactly. I guess because, in my heart, I ALWAYS FUCKING HATED RITA and she's the one who ties them all together.

Though I did think Trinity was quite rude to her.

by Anonymousreply 20311/19/2012

It'll suck if the show shoe-horned the kids back into the story line just to put them in peril from Hannah or Sirko. Isn't Astor traumatized enough already?

by Anonymousreply 20411/19/2012

Jennifer Carpenter is surprisingly good this season to the point that she is the standout in the cast (she has come a long way from her awkward performance in the first season).

I think the actress who plays Hannah is also very good - she and Dexter have really good chemistry and I think it is mostly her acting that is conveying that chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 20511/20/2012

R199. I hope you're kidding. Your brother is a sick freak and if you have kids I hope you don't let him near them. How do you "accidentally" kiss someone?

R203. I've never understood all the Rita hatred. I always liked her but killing her off the way they did was great for the show. And you're right about what Trinity did-he had incredibly bad manners :)

by Anonymousreply 20611/20/2012

[quote] Jennifer Carpenter is surprisingly good this season to the point that she is the standout in the cast

This. I think this has been the strongest season in a while but I'm slightly concerned with the writers trying to weave too many storylines into it. I fear that by the end they will wrap them up quickly, and way too conveniently.

by Anonymousreply 20711/20/2012

I just... Rita had this smug, peaceful earth mother thing going on and it pissed me off. She was like a Krystle Carrington who never made it. I don't know why she bugged me but she bugged the shit out of me.

Her death, though, was terrible and awesome at the same time. I can't recall if I saw it coming or not but man, that was a big finish. Trinity was one of the best seasons of all. I liked the Lumen season, too, but nobody else seemed to.

by Anonymousreply 20811/20/2012

I loved Rita until she refused to have an abortion...oh, I probably already said that.

by Anonymousreply 20911/20/2012

This was one of the best episodes in awhile. Just so many layers were developed, and so many changes in character. I'm even more anxious to see how it all plays out, now. I hope the writers don't let us down.

by Anonymousreply 21011/20/2012

Am I the only one who liked Lila, the gross, English titty vampire?

by Anonymousreply 21111/20/2012

I loved the Lumen season, it was my favorite so far.

Lila was ok, but she killed Doakes and that really pissed me off.

by Anonymousreply 21211/21/2012

Doakes needed to be killed. His scenery chewing was costing us too much money.

by Anonymousreply 21311/21/2012

It looks like love! Michael C. Hall and novelist girlfriend enjoy an amorous stroll around Paris.

More at link -

by Anonymousreply 21411/21/2012

MCH has gayface for WEEKS!

PR fail

by Anonymousreply 21511/21/2012

I don't know how much PR fail it is, R215, when he bounces from marriage to marriage. I think he's probably a bit of a flake.

by Anonymousreply 21611/21/2012

Ive decided to spoil the remainder of the season for you guys -

Okay, so here's what happens -

Dexter finally kills Issak in what has to be this show's most enormous asspull ever.

Dexter finally decides to ice Hanna, straps her to a table with Saran Wrap - she claims she's pregnant with his kid. He doesnt kill her. He confirms the news with a test kit, but keeps her locked up in a cage while deciding what he should do.

Captain LaSquirta figures out Dexter is the Bay Harbor Butcher, and Deb kills her to keep her quiet. Dexter walks in on her doing it, just like she did him in last years season finale. They have sex.

by Anonymousreply 21711/24/2012

They have sex, R217? Really? Does that happen in the books?

by Anonymousreply 21811/24/2012

So it ends with Hannah in the cage, alive?

by Anonymousreply 21911/24/2012

I hate Hannah and I want her dead. In a cage? Just like Doakes?

by Anonymousreply 22011/24/2012

I wish Jennifer and Michael C. would each win an Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 22111/24/2012

The actress who plays Hannah is pretty marvelous in Golden Boy on Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 22211/24/2012

Gayface? First two seasons, I thought he had aid's face.

I understand why he doesn't want to come out but when I started watching Dexter, I thought gay. When I watched Six Feet Under, I just thought, "this guy is a great actor."

by Anonymousreply 22311/24/2012

Jennifer Carpenter is BRINGING IT this season. Just her physical acting in the scene where she admits to Dexter she is in love with him... WOW! I definitely hope the GG/Emmy voters see this.

BTW Trinity is still alive, right, so does anyone else think he will be back this/next season? Am I wrong in remembering Trinity made a quick one scene appearance last season, as well? I remember Dexter went on a road trip and saw him somehow or another and then he talked to his son who I bet will be back sooner or later, too.

by Anonymousreply 22411/24/2012

I wish Dexter would kill his sister so we could watch in peace. Overacting will be the death of this show.

by Anonymousreply 22511/24/2012

R224 Dexter killed Trinity, then he went home and found Rita dead in the bathtub. You really need to watch the season 4 finale, it was the best episode.

by Anonymousreply 22611/24/2012

R226, I distinctly remember the overhead shot of Dexter stabbing Trinity wrapped in the saran wrap but I didn't bother to check to remind myself if that was real or just a fantasy/dream. There are a lot of fantasy sequences on this show, after all. Nonetheless, Lithgow DID reappear last season, so maybe he will be back - perhaps you "really need to watch" last season again. Also, I disagree and clearly remember the Thanksgiving episode being far and away the best of S4 with Dexter and Trinity brawling in the kitchen and his creepy, sterilized house/family. S4 was most definitely the best season, though.

I really hated the Johnny Lee Miller season - the plot holes were insanely huge and it fizzled.

by Anonymousreply 22711/24/2012

Wow R227. I answered your question and recommended that you watch my favorite episode and you seem to have gotten offended. That's weird.

by Anonymousreply 22811/24/2012

This season is a big improvement over the last one. But it sill feels far-fetched. The way they built up Louis' character, only to kill him off without a satisfying explanation was sloppy. And Deb's response to Dexter's revelation has been hard to swallow.

by Anonymousreply 22911/24/2012

r214, if you look at the first shot in your link you can see MCH is wearing a wig. The way it blows in the wind is a give away. Think of those shots of Joan Collins when the wind whipped her wig off of her head. The front pieces bend back in the breeze because they are anchored. Then you see he wears a hat over the wig in the follow up. So, his hair never made it back after chemo and/or his hair was starting to recede and never grew back the same after the treatments.

by Anonymousreply 23011/24/2012

No, he did an interview when his hair was growing back after chemo and it was all there...like it was almost a shaved head. Anyway it was all there except it may have been receding a little. I don't believe he could have faked all that stubble on his head.

by Anonymousreply 23111/24/2012

I do see what you mean r230 but after his chemo, it was growing back but you are right, that does look like he might have on a wig. He did have the natural receding pattern when it was growing back...except it wasn't showing in that recent picture.

by Anonymousreply 23211/24/2012

I was posting about this interview.

by Anonymousreply 23311/24/2012

"It's like how I like m&m's even though I know they're bad for me". I love it when Dexter tries to relate to people. It's like when he said "I'm sorry for your loss" after telling the kids their mother had been murdered.

by Anonymousreply 23411/25/2012

God this show would improve tenfold if they really let Isaac have the hots for Dex and vice versa.

by Anonymousreply 23511/25/2012

That was a great episode! I just hope Dexter isn't going to get all sensitive now. That happened with Michael on Burn Notice and it's ruining the show.

by Anonymousreply 23611/25/2012

It just is not believable that Dexter would suddenly feel feelings for nearly anyone, but let alone Hannah. Why are we supposed to buy into it?

It can't be that it's because she knows he's a serial killer and loves/lusts after him anyway... that describes both titty vampire Lila AND Deb. So why keep shoving Hannah down our throats?

by Anonymousreply 23711/25/2012

217 AKA Magnificent bastard you need to have your brain asspulled from your rectum after that post! Dexter didn't kill Viktor that's for starters. LaGuerta will not be the only one that knows about who the Bay Harbor Butcher is. It's unlikely that Deb would take her out. In addition,Dex was willing to kill for Hannah what makes you think he would try to kill her again?

BTW your so-called spoilers came from someone who claimed to work on the show. So far he's hoodwinked at least one bastard......

by Anonymousreply 23811/25/2012

I miss Sexter. He was the only one who gave us real spoilers last year. I wish CS Lee would come back too. That was a fucking riot.

by Anonymousreply 23911/25/2012

CS Lee found this thread and posted?

Link please!

by Anonymousreply 24011/25/2012

R240, as I recall, a guy that worked on Dexter was posting here, (someone nicknamed him Sexter, as he was really cute), and he must be friends with CS Lee, because he posted a few times too. He also posted a few photos saying " I love Datalounge". He even dated it.

It was pretty fun. Not my favorite season, but having Sexter and CS here made it fun. One guy doubted it was really CS, and CS posted a photo flipping him off. Ahhhh, good times.

by Anonymousreply 24111/25/2012

WTF, that thread with Sexter and CS Lee was deleted.

I had it bookmarked and now it says thread does not exist. Shit, I wonder if they got busted.

by Anonymousreply 24211/25/2012

It would be much better if Isaak and dexter had gotten together...Hannah...so predictable and she is like a cobra in his bed but he doesn't see it.

by Anonymousreply 24311/25/2012

so what gossip did the insiders post on the thread that was deleted?

by Anonymousreply 24411/26/2012

I didn't see any gossip.

by Anonymousreply 24511/27/2012

Who said there was gossip R245? It was just a lot of fun.

by Anonymousreply 24611/27/2012

Another great episode! I thought his relationship with Hannah would cause Dexter to stop following his code but it didn't happen the way I was expecting.

I hope LaGuerta doesn't get killed. But I don't see how she's going to survive once Dexter finds out that she's on to him.

by Anonymousreply 24712/02/2012

Is Hannah still alive? I want her dead.

by Anonymousreply 24812/02/2012

Just how bad did LaGuerta piss off wardrobe?

by Anonymousreply 24912/03/2012

Yvonne Strahovski, who plays 'Hannah' in the Broadway revival of Clifford Odet's GOLDEN BOY opening this week at the Belasco.

link to production photos.

by Anonymousreply 25012/04/2012

Either LaGuerta is gonna die or maybe Dexter finally gets busted and spends the next season (expected to be the last) on the run. I'm not sure what the show would look like if that happened, but it would be a hell of a lot less formulaic.

by Anonymousreply 25112/04/2012

I was wondering if Dex was going to end up on the run too r251. Next season is the last one, and it might be a season of will he/wont he get away. My guess is he may run to Argentina which is the place Hannah is always rambling about. Of course if this happens I'm not sure where this leaves Deb. She takes pride in being a cop but she's covered for him ever since she found out. If la Guerta finds out she's screwed too but I think Dexter will protect her somehow.

At the moment though, I'm worried about Quinn. He's hiding a bunch of stuff too and has been for years. And now he's lied about the shooting. He's in as much shit as Dexter.

by Anonymousreply 25212/05/2012

Quinn really is a show killer. All of his storylines stop the show cold, and almost always center around some tedious romantic relationship. It doesn't help that he's taken the anorexia and spray tanning to the utmost extreme, and is starting to look like shoe leather.

by Anonymousreply 25312/05/2012

Isn't Quinn supposed to die this season? I think I've read or heard that somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 25412/05/2012

R253. I agree, Quinn is a useless character.

by Anonymousreply 25512/05/2012

I like Quinn and no, he's not dying.

by Anonymousreply 25612/05/2012

I like Quinn too r256.and I don't think he's a useless character. He's living a parallel life to Dexter at the moment. His past is coming back to haunt him too. The fact that he used to be a dirty cop is beginning to close in on him. The difference between him and Dexter is that he has feels bad about his past unlike Dexter who has started to embrace his "dark passenger".

But the most interesting part of Quinn is that he is and always has been suspicious of Dexter. A few seasons back he tried to get La Guerta to investigate Dexter and she refused. And recently he was suspicious of dexters story about how the crime writer died. So I doubt they'll kill him off before he blabs his suspicions.

by Anonymousreply 25712/06/2012

LaGuerta's a goner. Good riddance. Awful character.

by Anonymousreply 25812/06/2012

When Masuka blurted "You're SEXTING, aren't you!" it almost seemed like a little wink-wink re: his Sexter escapades.

by Anonymousreply 25912/06/2012

R259, I thought the same thing!!!

Probably so since that long 600 post Dexter thread that CS Lee and Sexter posted on got deleted, I am guessing the producers got pissed or something and had Midiopolis delete it. Maybe that was a wink to us that he and Sexter still read DL.

by Anonymousreply 26012/06/2012

R259/260 it hadn't even occurred to me that might have been a wink at the seven of us from the last thread but maybe.....

I don't think Sexter got in trouble btw. I suspected that his bosses knew, perhaps even asked him to fish around the net to see what people thought of last season or which direction the audience hoped the show would go on the final seasons. He seemed especially interested in defending the deb/Dex love storyline. When the nut job troll from last year declared that he hated the idea, Sexter was super annoyed by that. He may not even work on the show anymore, especially if he was involved in creating those tableaux from last season.

Obviously I'm just spit balling, I hope I'm wrong and he does still work on the show and pops up again to give us a few teases.

by Anonymousreply 26112/07/2012

That image of Hall pulling the T shirt over his head in the opening credits gets me all hot and bothered every time.

by Anonymousreply 26212/07/2012

I know, R262, there's something boyishly devilish about it.

by Anonymousreply 26312/07/2012

I doubt Masuka gets to write his own lines, though a shoutout would be cool. I hope they didn't get in any trouble. If anything they made me love the show even more

Something about this season seems very Maxim. The show seems geared toward straight males. Strip clubs, men in suits, shots of Hannah emphasizing her undergarments. There's been less humor, less local flavor of Miami, less family centric story lines, just less of a connection between characters in general. It's lost it's ensemble feel. Everyone is involved in individual story lines. I'm still tuning in, but it seems like the show has moved into another direction - like it's a completely different show. More like a daytime soap. Even Dexter's kills seem anticlimactic, rushed, and sloppily written. Maybe it's just me.

A shout out to Masuka's pup. Cute little thing you are!

by Anonymousreply 26412/07/2012

From The Onion:

Coy 'Dexter' Producers Hint At 'Huge Plot Holes' In Season Finale

[quote]Promising “jaw-dropping inconsistencies” and “flaws in the story line you never saw coming,” producers of the Showtime series Dexter offered fans a teasing look at the season-seven finale today, hinting to reporters that the Dec. 16 episode will contain multiple plot holes viewers won’t want to miss. “I can’t reveal too much, but fans should prepare to have their patience strained to the extreme as this season reaches its mind-bending and completely unbelievable conclusion,” series creator James Manos dished to the entertainment website TVLine, adding that the jam-packed episode offers fans “shocking narrative gap after shocking narrative gap.” “If you thought the end of season six was blatantly unconvincing, then this time your mind will truly be blown. You won’t believe how we destroy the continuity established over this past season and push all the pieces of the puzzle farther apart. At the end of the night, viewers will be saying, ‘How did they do that? And why?’” Manos added that fans will have plenty of time to discuss the finale before the premiere of season eight, when “all their questions will be left unanswered.”

by Anonymousreply 26512/07/2012

Actress Yvonne Strahovski who plays Hannah got some decent reviews last night in the revival of Clifford Odet's drama GOLDEN BOY. Ms Stahovski is making her Broadway debut as Lorna Moon.

link to the reviews, production and opening night photos.

by Anonymousreply 26612/07/2012

[quote]I doubt Masuka gets to write his own lines, though a shoutout would be cool.

I'm sure that's true in general, but sometimes actors who have a good comedic sense and really know their character are allowed to ad lib or adjust things from time to time. If the director thinks it worked in the scene, they go with it. So, it could just be a coincidence that Masuka seemed to invoke Sexter, but I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of a little gag from CS Lee. He seems to be as devilish as his character.

by Anonymousreply 26712/07/2012

I think Deb drugged herself.

by Anonymousreply 26812/09/2012

Either that, R268, or Deb will join Dexter in his murder 'hi jinks' and next season will be all about them being on the run. Maybe Deb will kill Hannah? I like the character and hate to see where her story is going.

by Anonymousreply 26912/10/2012

I don't think Deb needs to murder Hannah now that Hannah is in jail. I think LaGuerta may figure out that Deb planted the evidence for Dexter and will go after her for that.

I also think that Mathews may know that Dexter is the bay harbor butcher and he may have known all along.

by Anonymousreply 27012/10/2012

Isn't Dexter concerned that Hannah will turn Dexter in for all of his crimes? She's in police custody and can easily strike a deal for a lesser sentence. It doesn't make sense that Dexter turned her in rather than kill her.

by Anonymousreply 27112/10/2012

R271. Yeah, that's true. I don't think Dexter or Deb thought that through.

by Anonymousreply 27212/10/2012

it's a pretty simple thing for them not to realize.

I hope Hannah just goes to jail and isn't killed off. I actually really like the character and the actress is so good: she's alluring, dangerous, but still somewhat sympathetic and vulnerable. She's the best thing to happen to this show in 3 seasons.

by Anonymousreply 27312/11/2012

I think Deb drugged herself too R268, to set Hannah up. Hannah actually said that she has never made a mistake, every person she has ever poisoned ended up dead, but deb survived. I'm sure Deb set Hannah up for revenge and to make dexter choose between them. Although now that Hannah is going to jail, because of Dex's betrayal, she no longer has to keep Dex's secret so why bother?

I also wonder if Deb and dexters phones are being tapped. Recently they've said a lot of incriminating stuff over the phone. They openly discussed planting evidence in the last episode over the phone. I have a feeling this is going to come back to haunt Deb.

And I wondered too R270, if Matthews knows about Dex and is protecting his best friend's son. He's in trouble though because La Guerta told Mathews, in a very pointed way, that he was going to get what he deserved.

by Anonymousreply 27412/11/2012

This show is getting dangerously close to a shark jump of no return. The previews make it look as though Deter is arrested for murder after LaGuerta figures it all out (I can't help it, I love the Maria character)....

If thats the case, Dexter can't come back from that and work as a cop... Either the series is over or it becomes too absurd to suspend disbelief.

I've loved the show but maybe it's time they wrap up the story. Otherwise it just goes on and on and on with the same old cat and mouse thing.

by Anonymousreply 27512/11/2012

Me too R273. Just saw her in GOLDEN BOY on Broadway. I think she's a good actress. Does a good american accent too. She's australian.

by Anonymousreply 27612/11/2012

R275. I don't think it would be a shark jump, I think they actually are starting to wrap up the series (I heard that next season is the last, not sure if that has been confirmed). But that scene in the preview for next week where LaGuerta arrests Dexter might just be something that Dexter imagined. That's extremely annoying when they do that.

I'm really starting to root for LaGuerta. And I agree about Hannah R273. She's totally hot and an interesting character. I don't agree that she's the best thing in the last three seasons though. I loved season five with Lumen.

by Anonymousreply 27712/11/2012

It did occure to me that it could have been Dexter's imagination (the arrest).

On other episodes, I've seen Dexter but up a kill room without gloves on. If he did that this time, his prints would be all over the plastic...which would make Laguerta completely sure that Dexter is the BHB.

by Anonymousreply 27812/11/2012

I thought the arrest was a dream sequence too since Doakes makes an appearance as well. Killing LaGuerta wouldn't change anything at this point. He would have to show someone framed him. Also it looks like his girlfriend is released from jail.

by Anonymousreply 27912/11/2012

I love Laguerda, so I don't want her dead.

by Anonymousreply 28012/11/2012

I just watched the preview and I think that scene with Doakes is from years ago.

Obviously La Guerta is very suspicious of Dex but does she have proof he's done anything? I wonder if that arrest is because Dex covered for Hannah after she murdered the writer, rather than because he's the bay harbor butcher.

I also like the scene where Hannah confronts Deb-pointing out that Debs not so innocent either.

by Anonymousreply 28112/11/2012

The show jumped the shark a while back, R275, but I keep watching it anyway, waiting for it to get better. This season started out so well but things have kind of dipped since they killed off Isaak (loved him).

In the last few episodes, the most enjoyable scenes for me were the ones between Matthews and LaGuerta. Go figure, huh? I thought they were a hoot together.

I think Matthews believes Dex is the BHB, too, and confronted him straight on as more of a heads up than any kind of legitimate investigation. He's probably hoping that Dexter puts LaGuerta on his kill table and that he can get his old job back.

Count me in the camp that believes Deb drugged herself. I thought it the moment she suggested to Dexter that Hannah had opportunity. I doubt she would have cared if Dexter had decided to 'take Hannah out' over turning her in.

by Anonymousreply 28212/11/2012

Next season is definitely the last but Dexter is probably too complex a show to wrap up in just one season so I think this season will end with a bunch of cliff hangers. Will La Guerta get Dex or will he get her first? Will Deb get done for covering for Dex? Will Quinn be killed by the Russians? Will Masuka finally get a decent story line? Will Dex's baby sitter finally get a day off?

by Anonymousreply 28312/11/2012

I just want LaGuerta in better outfits.

by Anonymousreply 28412/11/2012

Quinn too. Who puts a very thin man in dark shirts with vertical stripes? Every single episode.

by Anonymousreply 28512/11/2012

Quinn needs a donut, a sandwich and to stop getting his hair done at Ultracuts.

by Anonymousreply 28612/11/2012

LaGuerta goes to my gym and my grocery store.

A very well preserved woman of a certain age in real life, but they keep her painted to the GODS on camera.

NYC is so interesting in that you see your "average Joe" working actor on the streets or on the subway all the time.

And I know Dexter is shattering their ratings records, but they need to end this next season. And I must also say that Yvonne Strahovski has been absolutely superb as Hannah. Never watched Chuck so didn't know much about her, but I'd definitely like to see her in more stuff.

by Anonymousreply 28712/11/2012

R287, what part of NYC are you in? I could swear I've seen her also but I live in W. Village.

Agree that Quinn needs so e food and perhaps a doctor. Will the retarded cop go away now that he's opening a restaurant?

Also agree that they need to wrap this series up next season.

by Anonymousreply 28812/12/2012

La Guerta has become more sympathetic this season especially since she is essentially redeeming Doakes' reputation. Dexter has become much too sloppy,it's about time that he gets caught. That would be a mindfuck to a lot of the lemmings that think that Dex can be so sloppy, have so many people know that he's a serial killer and get away with it for so long.

As much as a self serving cunt as Maria has been in the past, she comes off much better as trying to redeem Doakes. The producers would make a big mistake by offing her in any way in order to neatly end this BHB plot line.

by Anonymousreply 28912/12/2012

I like that LaGuerta is a seriously flawed character. She's power hungry but that makes me like her even more.

by Anonymousreply 29012/12/2012

R287 & R288. Lauren Velez has a twin sister so you may have seen her instead.

by Anonymousreply 29112/12/2012

I don't care if she's flawed, I like her. I don't care if Dexter is flawed, I like him.

Someone said Laguerda will arrest Dexter with evidence but she can't hold him. I don't know if that is a real spoiler or not.

by Anonymousreply 29212/12/2012

Any thoughts on tonight's finale? No spoilers - just thoughts on what's going to happen, or if it'll be a good episode.

by Anonymousreply 29312/16/2012

I have loved this show since the beginning, but goddamn if this season wasn't written by about seven different people who never spoke to each other or saw each other's scripts.

by Anonymousreply 29412/16/2012

Yeah, this season was all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 29512/16/2012

dexter and deb will fuck next season! yay!! LOL

by Anonymousreply 29612/16/2012

Why didn't they just have Dexter leave the scene and have Deb say she came upon the scene with Hector and Laguerta and had to shoot Laguerta in self-defense? Are they going to ignore that the bullet will show that it was fired from Deb's service weapon? And that fucking Hannah bitch is still on the show! Ugh, I am at a loss, really.

by Anonymousreply 29712/16/2012

I loved Leguarda, so I will really miss her character. I have no idea how Dexter and deb will get out of this. Deb hugged Leguarda after she shot her...she'll have blood all over her.

Maybe Hannah will kill Harrison?

by Anonymousreply 29812/16/2012

Right r298, yet Deb went to the New Years Party wearing the same dress and there didn't seem to be any blood on it.

by Anonymousreply 29912/16/2012

Great episode but it really depressed me. Deb had so much potential, she could have been a hero and saved LaGuerta...now she's just a worthless murderer. I hope she kills herself.

by Anonymousreply 30012/17/2012

I suspect that's how it ends... with Deb dead and probably Dexter too... or the whole season repeats the origins and there's little Harrison, sitting in another pool of blood.

by Anonymousreply 30112/17/2012

R300, Mary!!!

by Anonymousreply 30212/17/2012

For those like myself, who enjoyed Yvonne Strahovski's performance as Hannah, here is an interview about the actress and her current project on Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 30312/17/2012

Correct link to the first page of the Playbill article.

by Anonymousreply 30412/17/2012

So if Hannah escaped, did she run off to be with her meth-head girlfriend, or will she return next season to wreak vengeance on Dexter?

I'm so disappointed that the creepy fellow who collected the Ice Truck Killer paraphernalia didn't have more of a storyline. I really expected him to be the Big Bad this season. Even when his blood was on Dexter's boat, nothing ever came of it.

by Anonymousreply 30512/17/2012

Why wouldn't LuGuerta have brought back up to the shipping yard?

by Anonymousreply 30612/17/2012

R306. I was wondering that, too

R305. I agree, Louis' storyline ended so abruptly, that was weird. It would have been cool if he had been a Dexter copycat. The series finale could have been him killing Dexter and Deb.

Am I the only one that assumed the plant that Hannah left was poisonous and meant to kill Dexter (but maybe it will kill Harrison and/or the nanny instead)?

by Anonymousreply 30712/17/2012

I think it was just an orchid, which was 'their' flower... but I thought it looked like either a black or a blood red orchid, though in that lighting it could just have been purple.

I assumed it was her way of saying I'm out, I love you, wanna hook up?

by Anonymousreply 30812/17/2012

No, I think the orchid was a warning. She'll surface next season.

by Anonymousreply 30912/17/2012

My question to R306. Why didn't she put the DVD in a safe place? Or maybe, she did.

The shows on cable (Homeland, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy) seem to be much more original and well written, but they tend to have more holes in the storylines and jump the shark earlier than shows on network tv.

by Anonymousreply 31012/17/2012

Hey, have you guys heard that the actress who played Hannah is the Broadway show GOLDEN BOY? It hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 31112/18/2012

but how is Hannah gonna hurt Dexter? She just escaped from custody, cops will be looking for her. I suspect Debs will die, Dexter will run away with Hannah to Argentina...

by Anonymousreply 31212/18/2012

Why is every character on this show so fucking stupid except Dexter?

If you think Dexter is the BHB why would you even share you suspicions with him in the first place thus giving him time to magically hide perfect frame up evidence on you.

Dexter had his wife murdered in house a writer murdered in his house, his brother was a serial killer, he's dating a serial killer and yet no one at Miami stupid fucking Metro ever suspects that something might be a bit wrong with this guy.

by Anonymousreply 31312/18/2012

R313, that's why people think this show has gotten so fucking stupid. Quinn became the new Doakes and that plotline was cast to the wind. I mean half of Miami Metro seem to know that this guy is the BHB and he's still free? Dexter has gotten sloppy going after Estrada in broad daylight,coaxing Deb to off La Guerta and falling for that crazy cunt,Hannah. I hope by the last episode , he is caught,killed and quartered for his misdeeds...that goes for Deb too. La Guerta was highly flawed and into self interest BUT she definitely wanted justice for Doakes.

by Anonymousreply 31412/18/2012

I don't think deb or Dexter will die or that Hannah won't come after Dexter She'll just run to argentina, where dexter will eventually run to as well. I wonder if the investigation into Dexter will be continued by Quinn, who has always been suspicious of Dexter. Especially if he ends up dating the nanny who may mention Dex's weird tendency to stay out all night sometimes. Of course the Russian mob might eventually come after Quinn who may end up dead before he can expose Dexter.

by Anonymousreply 31512/18/2012

Suddenly, deb is a cold blooded murderer?!? And Dexter is arrested as a serial killer and walks out 10 minutes later and nobody mentions anything about it later? Wasn't Hannah cuffed when she came into the hospital?

I've watched this show from he beginning but its become so absurd and silly. At this point Dexter makes The Big C look like Masterpiece Theater.

LaGuerta was a great character wasted. Anybody else remember her storyline with the female defense attorney? LaGuerta was tough but pretty, complex, leaned toward justice, a bit of a sad/tragic character.....and they off her in such a stupid way....yet they keep the clueless retarded cop who can't even pronounce words correctly.

by Anonymousreply 31612/18/2012

Hannah will be coming back next year, unfortunately. She wants to get even and just as Arthur did his worst to Dexter, Hannah plans on doing the same.

I will miss Leguarda. I know she was killed in the first book, by Brian, I believe but I wish she could have stayed till the end of the show.

by Anonymousreply 31712/18/2012

I don't give a fuck about Hannah or that actress. Her character makes me sick. I wish she would not be back next season but I'm sure we have not seen the last of her.

by Anonymousreply 31812/18/2012

[quote]If you think Dexter is the BHB why would you even share you suspicions with him in the first place thus giving him time to magically hide perfect frame up evidence on you.

She didnt. Not until she arrested him. It was the other dude who told LaGuerta suspected him.

by Anonymousreply 31912/18/2012

316, LaGuerta pretty? I find her widely spaced eyes a distraction. She's not easy on the eyes and the show is now focusing on attractive characters so I knew she was a gonner.

by Anonymousreply 32012/18/2012

Hated that ending. LaGuerta deserved better than that. This decision crosses a line into amorality. We now have two characters who murder to protect themselves. Where do they go from here? And I also think it was a cheat in case they decide to do two more seasons. This may be the point where I stop watching. That is how much I hate how this ended.

I enjoyed this season because it seemed like they were logically putting an endgame into play, but, nope, once again everything is neatly wrapped up so that we can continue spinning in circles again.

I swear I would've preferred that anything happen except what did. I can't believe the writers did that to Deb. I wonder how Jennifer Carpenter really feels about the hit job they just did on that character.

There is no one to root for anymore. I want Deb to kill Dexter and then kill herself. That's the fucked up ending these people deserve. I'm trying not to rant but I cannot remember the last time I felt so betrayed by a show.

by Anonymousreply 32112/18/2012

Yes, you're right r321, better that all of Florida's repeat violent offenders be free to roam about as they please than for evil monster Dexter Morgan be around to incarcerate or kill them. That makes so much sense!

by Anonymousreply 32212/18/2012

And Laguerta didn't lean toward justice any more than dirty cop Doakes did. She leaned toward her own self interest and fucking her way to the top of a job that she rarely bothered to do. Even this last tiresome foray into nailing Dexter was all about her and her fucking love life, it had nothing to do with justice.

by Anonymousreply 32312/18/2012

R322. Dexter never really cared about justice. He only followed Harry's code so he would be less likely to get caught killing. And now that he stopped following the code, it's time for him to die.

R321. I agree that was a terrible thing to do to Deb's character. On another website some lunatic actually wrote that she hopes things work out for Deb because she "deserves a happy ending." No, she deserves to be brutally murdered.

by Anonymousreply 32412/18/2012

Nothing at all was wrapped up R321? What was wrapped up? Hannah is loose, no one knows if Deb or Dexter will be able to cover up the murder of Leguarda, we have no idea what the future holds. One more season and pretty much anything could happen. It's very possible that Quinn will get suspicious of Dexter again and since he's not dating Debra anymore...who knows what he may do?

by Anonymousreply 32512/18/2012

R323 you are wrong. As flawed as LaGuerta's charcter was she was interested in absolving Doakes of a crime he didn't committ.

Unfortunately, the producer has already mentioned the possibility of Dex showing up on the crime scene and fucking up the evidence to get Deb's bullet out. Angel supposedly didn't file his papers yet so he might become the new Doakes or Quinn. Hannah kills Deb then Dexter gets caught or killed.

One extremely bad part of the ending ,Deb was wearing the same dress she hugged LaGuerta with!No blood would show up on her dress? Bad continuity.

by Anonymousreply 32612/18/2012

In the segment after the show, the director discussed the fact that everything in the scene after Deb shot Laguarda was adlibbed by the actors (Deb running to Laguarda and holding her, etc.) so perhaps that is part of the problem with the continuity with the dress at the party later on. They could have filmed all the party scenes first and then the murder scene and no one caught the error in the editing room when they put everything together. I'm sure it happens all the time in TV with the crazy schedules they have to keep up.

Another moment that rang false was when Laguarda showed up at Dexter's apartment and acted like she didn't know Dexter's nanny, even though it is the niece of her ex-husband whom supposedly the girl has always been close with over the years. Lazy writing.

Nonetheless, I say this show still has two seasons left in it, but perhaps they will make the next one the final season after all and just leave the door open for a movie later on (in the early seasons, the creators discussed that concept but it hasn't been related recently). Maybe it will end and Dexter will die.

Who knows? There could always be an origins story with Dexter in high school, college, etc. (though that didn't work so well for the Hannibal Lector's prequel).

by Anonymousreply 32712/18/2012

The next season is the least. Thank goodness.

This season was so much better than the last but it's still full of terrible plotting and character building.

by Anonymousreply 32812/18/2012

*last

by Anonymousreply 32912/18/2012

Actually r319 she did. She was going to go and talk to Dexter but Tom convinced her that he should do it. It's the same thing in my book.

She shouldn't have said anything to Tom or anyone else until she collected all of the evidence she needed.

Dexter was clever enough to hide his killing for years and he killed the only cop smart enough to suspect him. And yet LaGuerta does some pretty dumb things in her pursuit of this killer.

This is what I mean about Dexter only surviving because everyone around him is monumentally stupid.

by Anonymousreply 33012/18/2012

So what you're saying r323 is that it's OK to kill someone just because they may not be likable.

Dexter is just like any other serial killer. He kills innocent people.

by Anonymousreply 33112/18/2012

"Another moment that rang false was when Laguarda showed up at Dexter's apartment and acted like she didn't know Dexter's nanny, even though it is the niece of her ex-husband whom supposedly the girl has always been close with over the years. Lazy writing."

I actually think the nanny is Angel's sister not his niece. I remember Angel was overly protective when she was involved with the computer tech guy Dexter killed. Angel even went as far as threatening the guy.

by Anonymousreply 33212/18/2012

I don't see how Deb's character can do anything now except descend into total madness. Her intense attachment to her brother has destroyed her. She can't cope with what she's done. Next season will just be dark and ugly. I will watch, but they've totally fucked themselves with this. There can be no mystery or excitement... just waiting it out to see what happens to two characters who've been destroyed by stupid writing.

by Anonymousreply 33312/18/2012

I heard that the guy who plays Louis wanted to be written out.

by Anonymousreply 33412/18/2012

Yes, I believe he had another gig.

by Anonymousreply 33512/18/2012

r334 That's such a shame, because they could've done something great with that storyline. Instead, it just disappeared, like every potentially great situation in Dexter.

by Anonymousreply 33612/22/2012

Deadline is reporting that Aimee Garcia who plays the niece of the retarded cop has been made a regular... WHY?

They really needed to end this series last season.

by Anonymousreply 33702/05/2013

[quote]Deadline is reporting that Aimee Garcia who plays the niece of the retarded cop has been made a regular... WHY?

Wow, and WTF.

Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 33802/05/2013

It's official -

Dexter is over after this season. Sounds like somebody came to their senses and realized they're beginning to destroy the show if they don't wrap it up.

The whole Deb killing Laguerta thing was so over the top.

Announcement was made on the official Dexter Facebook page last night.

by Anonymousreply 33904/19/2013

Good they took a great concept way too far into the ether.

by Anonymousreply 34004/19/2013

Agree with R340. It's time to wrap it up, probably should have a season or two back.

Looks like Deb is destroyed for life, from the preview they're showing.

I still think it was absurd that the Debra character would have just shot and killed someone in cold blood, especially another cop. She was never THAT conflicted over Dexter's killing, she knew it was wrong.

It was completely against the grain of the character that's been written that she would shoot her boss in the chest for no other reason than to keep Laguerta's mouth shut. Just stupid, messy, sloppy writing.

So who's left standing? Will Dexter be killed or arrested? Or, will Debra kill herself? One will likely go into the sunset, the other will likely die or go to prison.

by Anonymousreply 34104/19/2013

What? Is it possible that Deb did not shot La Guerta? Because I can't continue to watch the show if she murdered her. I thought the last season was too much and it couldn't continue because i could no longer root for Dexter.

by Anonymousreply 34204/19/2013

How would that be possible, R342? We saw her shoot her.

This show has only had 3 good seasons (1,2,4) and the past 2 have been utter shit. I'm excited about how terrible this will all end. My guess is it will end with Dex and Deb on the run as lovers, but I'm sure the writers will be able to come up with something even more stupid.

by Anonymousreply 34304/19/2013

I read the first post and did not realize it was from last year stating a Dexter fantasy.

The show is over for me.

by Anonymousreply 34404/19/2013

R342, there is no doubt, by viewers or implied, that Deb didn't murder LaGuerta. She did.

Yep, it was completely adverse to the character we've been sold the last 6 years or so, which is what irritates me about it.

Now we're going to see drama Deb tormented not only by her incestuous love of her brother, but by her murder and her coverup of Dexter... Which means, unfortunately, this season is going to be 95% about Deb. As a character I've never been able to stand her and I immediately mentally tune-out during most of her scenes.

I think one scenario they've considered would be Dexter turning himself in and somehow saving Deb from both herself and prosecution in the end. We've all loved to hate/love him and they may want him to go out with some level of audience goodwill; the only way that can happen is if he redeems himself in some way.

He could be supported initially because he killed bad people who'd murdered.. But now he's resorted to murdering those who get in his way, the first rule in his dad's code apparently. He can only go out evil, or by somehow throwing himself on his sword. I doubt we'll see it end with Dexter walking off into the sunset to kill another day.

by Anonymousreply 34504/19/2013

I've always loved the Deb character a lot more than most, and Jennifer Carpenter has always sold it, but her killing LaGuerta was just too much.

I hated that decision so much, and thought it was so antithetical to the character they'd spent all these years developing. I still think it was lazy, stupid, and sloppy writing.

I'll watch just to see how it all ends, and that's it.

by Anonymousreply 34604/19/2013

Ma

by Anonymousreply 34704/19/2013

r346, Maybe that's why they're ending it on such short and unexpected notice. Perhaps the producers and writers realized after last season that they'd fucked the series up beyond repair by making Deb a murderer. There really isn't a lot more to drive it from there unless they want to get absurd (like The Following).

Maybe after last season they figured out they'd gone too far

by Anonymousreply 34804/19/2013

How come this season is starting in June? It's going to conflict with True Blood.

by Anonymousreply 34904/19/2013

I liked the way last season ended. I never expected this show to end with anything remotely like a "feel good" ending, so I don't know why having everything come apart is seen as such a betrayal. I'm sorry, but as much as they built sympathy and loyalty for Dexter, the fact of the matter is that he's a serial killer, and not someone we should be feeling sympathy and loyalty for--bringing it back to a point where they force the audience to confront that fact and the way he destroyed other innocent people around him seems a perfectly appropriate and logical way to end things. Remind the audience of how misplaced their feelings became over the seasons.

by Anonymousreply 35004/19/2013

Hi SEXTER! Any other scoop in the actors on Dexter? How's Quinn? Is he on drugs? Does he eat ever? What's Dexter like in real life?

give us some tidbits, what snacks or food do they like?

by Anonymousreply 35107/17/2013

R351, there's a new thread for this season, and Sexter came back!:

by Anonymousreply 35207/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.