Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Has anyone ever had under eye filler done?

I have grooves under my eyes (due to high cheekbones and genetics), and it makes me look 10 years older than I am. I fucking hate it.

NOT dark circles, that I could actually deal with. This is actually a hollow space under my eyes. It looks awful.

Advice? I'm in Los Angeles/Orange County area if anyone has any recommendations to help.

PS: I'm like the "before" at link, but worse :(

by Anonymousreply 4410/21/2013

I just had it done recently and I think the doctor was too conservative. I plan and having at bit more soon. I did like this doctor a lot. Female in Calabasas if that works for you.

by Anonymousreply 109/26/2012

What do they use to fill the space?

by Anonymousreply 209/26/2012

I've been reading a lot about Sculptra for this purpose.

by Anonymousreply 309/26/2012

OP has more money than sense.

by Anonymousreply 409/26/2012

R2, can you link his name? Site? How long ago did you have it done? Any other info you want to share?

Why did you decide to have it done?

by Anonymousreply 509/26/2012

A friend had this done about 6 months ago. None of his freinds thought it was a big deal in how he looked, but for him it was.The change in him is amazing, he finaly has some self confidence. If this is a big deal for you, go for it OP

by Anonymousreply 609/26/2012

That guy has fucking incredible eyes.

by Anonymousreply 709/26/2012

R4, don't be a dick. I'm sure there are things you spend money on that I wouldn't agree with.

Chill out.

by Anonymousreply 809/26/2012

Dr. Celia Brown.

She spends a lot of time with you. She is very personable. I will be going back again.

by Anonymousreply 909/26/2012

OP, you look good. How often do you have to re-do it? You look very young.

by Anonymousreply 1009/26/2012

Reread OP's post, R10.

by Anonymousreply 1109/26/2012

R9, thanks! I'd rather have a Dr who is conservative. However, I don't want to have to pay twice for what I could have done in one visit. What do you think?? Do you mind if I ask the cost?

R10, that's not me in my post.. Just a link.

by Anonymousreply 1209/26/2012

DL never fails to satisfy my curiosity. I'd like more info as well.

by Anonymousreply 1309/26/2012

The blonde in the slide show at the link r9 posted looks a wax museum display.

by Anonymousreply 1409/26/2012

OP, you have a point. It's not usually wrinkles that ages a person, it's sagging, hollows, etc.. Hollows under the eyes, nasiolabial folds, jowls, etc.

Save the $ on botox and get the hollows and folds fixed!

Also, make sure your teeth look great. That's another thing that can age you if they don't look good.

by Anonymousreply 1509/26/2012

Just buy some silicone at Ace Hardware, and inject it anywhere on your face you need filler - works wonders !

by Anonymousreply 1709/26/2012

by Anonymousreply 1809/26/2012

OP, I had one filler injection and 22 units of Botox (I actually have no idea what that means) and the price for me was $670. The Botox was $10 per unit so the filler was $450 which seemed fair. There was a promotion which gave a a $100 credit on the Juviderm.

by Anonymousreply 1909/26/2012

R19, 22 units of Botox is A LOT. Can you even *move* the upper part of your face? The better dermatologists and cosmetic surgeons today know how to inject Botox in a way that avoids the dreaded "frozen face" (a la Nicole Kidman) look, to inject directly into the muscles causing wrinkles but still allowing you movement within your forehead in general.

by Anonymousreply 2009/26/2012

R20: yes I can move my face and the one wrinkle (frown line near inner eye) is still there although not as much.

I never understood it when people say how shiny someone's forehead is due to Botox. A little powder and shiny is gone.

by Anonymousreply 2209/27/2012

by Anonymousreply 2301/21/2013

I've had various fillers done in the last 6-7 years and have researched it extensively. I live in LA area. In 2010 went to a doc in Beverly Hills named Jonathan Hoenig who specializes in oculoplastic surgery. He is well known for doing under eye filler. You can find Yelp reviews, reviews and at that time lots of comments about him on PS/cosmetic surgery forums ( is the most active). He prefers Restylane (which is what I had)and is a good, conservative injector. I went back after 4-6 weeks to have the rest of what I paid for injected (so I think he did 1/4 syringe and then the remaining 1/4 syringe). I think I paid $400 for half-syringe, which is pretty expensive for 2010 (but I've had quotes that were laughably higher from another doctor's office). It did not last very long (maybe 4 months) but it looked pretty good. Maybe it lasts longer if you're younger, not sure.

Sculptra (which I am considering for my lower cheeks but haven't done yet) is NOT supposed to be good for the tear trough/under eye.

Dr. Hoenig is a little bit of a prima donna in personality (I guess not gay--he's married and wife works in the office). Another doc in BH with great reviews is Guy Masry (haven't been to him but thinking about it).

I am in my 60s (and female) FWIW and am always told that I look younger (I know--everybody says that). I don't have many wrinkles, but almost everybody has them at my age. But I'm a believer in injectables. The fillers I had in my nasolabial lines (mostly Restylane, but Juvederm at least once) worked great and those lines have actually been permanently minimized--I probably had it done 5 or so times over a couple of years. So I think the claim that it can build up your own collagen might be true (seems to have happened for me).

Try Dr. Hoenig unless his price has gone through the roof. Other parts of your face don't really need an expert injector but your under eyes absolutely do. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 2401/23/2013

R24 do you know good surgeons for breast lifts?

by Anonymousreply 2501/23/2013

Check out Makemeheal dot com forum. That's where I look for docs now. I haven't found another board that's more active. Realself is another source but I think it's mostly doctors advertising themselves. But there are a lot of questions answered there. Even if you have to pay $200 (or whatever) for a consulting fee, do go to meet at least 4 (or more) surgeons before you make your decision. Look at their photo galleries. Always best to find a surgeon who specializes in the procedure you want done, not a generalist. Good luck!

by Anonymousreply 2601/23/2013

No. I have never had ANY work done. Don't you dare suggest otherwise, or I will call my attorney PDQ.

by Anonymousreply 2701/25/2013

Who's the best for fillers in NYC?

by Anonymousreply 2810/21/2013

Yes - Restylane works wonders under my eyes. Your body absorbs it over time so you have to have it redone periodically, and it is not cheap. But, the results are excellent and completely unnoticeable (if you have a good Dr.) My Dr. is a board certified facial plastic surgeon who has a large male clientele (pro ballers, CEOs, etc.) Here is a photo of the Dr. himself after he treated one of his own eyes with Restylane.

by Anonymousreply 2910/21/2013

Those results are amazing !!!

by Anonymousreply 3010/21/2013

I want to get it done.

by Anonymousreply 3110/21/2013

The dermatologist at the spa I go to in LA, Erik Chagall, sent me to Dr. Lisle Von Rhuman. It was expensive but the injection worked quickly. She is recommended by many celebrities here.

by Anonymousreply 3210/21/2013

[quote] 22 units of Botox is A LOT

No. its not. I get 55 units in my forehead, glabella, bunny lines (nose) and crow's feet.

R19 got a good deal. Where I am, a "sale" is $10 per unit for Botox. I get Radiesse rather than Juvederm. It's $800 per vial and I wait until there's a two for one sale to get it (which happens once or twice a year).

by Anonymousreply 3310/21/2013

My doctor uses Belotero under the eyes. It's supposed to have fewer side effects. I haven't had it done.

I get Radiesse for nasolabial folds, marionette lines, chin pebbles and for a wrinkle in the glabella area that looks like a dagger wound. It lasts about 5 months and I get constant compliments of how good I look. It's so funny because I know my face looks better, but I don't see so much of a difference as other people seem to see after I've let it wear off and then get it done again.

My doctor also does Selphyl, but that's just too expensive for me.

by Anonymousreply 3410/21/2013

The more expensive it is the better it must be.

by Anonymousreply 3510/21/2013

Leave your face alone, you look fine.

by Anonymousreply 3610/21/2013

[quote] The more expensive it is the better it must be.

Not really. Selphyl lasts as long as other fillers. The advantage is it's your own blood. Many people on all-natural kicks won't get an artificial filler, but they will get selphyl because it's "natural."

It's like paying more for organic food. If you eat a carrot, how long it takes for you to be hungry again doesn't depend on whether or not your carrot was organic or not.

I've been getting botox since 1999 and fillers since 2003. The younger you are, the longer it lasts. The older you are, the sooner it wears off. And I've never known anybody who has received results lasting 2 years, which some doctors claim fillers can last. Nobody.

For me, 9 months has been the longest fillers have lasted. Right now, they last about 5 months for me. But I'm 10 years older than when I first started getting fillers injected.

by Anonymousreply 3710/21/2013

I've had it done but I'm not 100% sure what was used. Not Sculptra. It was either Restylane or Juviderm. I think Restylane but that was a few years ago so who knows what she uses now?

My Dr. is Ava Shamban in Santa Monica. I highly recommend her. Very competent and I'd just trust her judgement on type of filler.

by Anonymousreply 3810/21/2013

Start young - as young as possible - that's the only way to get on top of aging before it hits you. Cost should be no object. You can do it - just look at Cher, she looks wonderful. Joan Rivers looks great, too. Start now and you can be a success sorry, too! Most clinics have payment plans.

by Anonymousreply 3910/21/2013

Restalyne is a gel based filler that lasts about 4-6 months, but over time and with repeated usage, it might last longer. Botox relaxes the muscle, this can be useful below the lower lashline, so you don't get a squinty look which then causes a fat pocket "jelly roll" under the eye. There are other injectables like Radisse or Artifil but I haven't done those. A stronger approach is fat graphing but every doc will tell you to do a regular filler first. Dr Torkian of the Lasky Clinic in Bev Hills is great.

by Anonymousreply 4010/21/2013

A friend of mine had a party at her house and someone came and injected them.

by Anonymousreply 4110/21/2013

Was her name "Priscilla" by any chance?

by Anonymousreply 4210/21/2013

No, Eleanor.

by Anonymousreply 4310/21/2013

Restylane is better than Juviderm, but a bit pricier.

by Anonymousreply 4410/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!