Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

'Dirty Jobs' host Mike Rowe to appear Wednesday with Mitt Romney at Bedford Heights event

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Politics can be a muddy business. Enter "Dirty Jobs" host Mike Rowe.

The Discovery Channel personality and Ford Motor Co. pitchman will offer his support Wednesday to Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney at a public event in Bedford Heights.

Romney's campaign announced the Rowe endorsement late Monday when confirming Romney's Cleveland-area itinerary for the final day of a two-day bus tour through battleground Ohio.

Rowe made headlines this month for an open letter he wrote to Romney, seeking a "national conversation" on skilled labor and "about what we value in the workforce." Rowe opened the letter by pledging to vote for Romney if he read the whole thing. A campaign aide later Tweeted a photo of Romney reading the letter.

(Rowe closed the letter by saying he wrote to President Barack Obama four years ago but received no response.)

Christopher Maloney, Romney's Ohio spokesman, said Monday evening that Rowe and Romney will meet before the 12:15 event Wednesday at American Spring Wire in Bedford Heights. Rowe is scheduled to introduce the former Massachusetts governor.

The campaign is billing it as a "micro-manufacturing roundtable." Free tickets are available here.

The Bedford Heights stop is sandwiched between a morning rally near Columbus, where Romney will appear with golf legend Jack Nicklaus, and an evening rally in Toledo. He will kick off his bus tour Tuesday with running mate Paul Ryan in Dayton.

by Anonymousreply 8202/23/2013

[quote]Rowe opened the letter by pledging to vote for Romney if he read the whole thing.

Rowe actually admits to such idiocy?

by Anonymousreply 109/25/2012

He's now dead to me

by Anonymousreply 209/25/2012

by Anonymousreply 309/25/2012

Will Mike have his shirt on or off? Quel hunk!

by Anonymousreply 409/25/2012

Well that's legitimately disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 509/25/2012

Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 609/25/2012

I can't think of a dirtier job than stumping for Mitt Romney, so this is working out very well for Mike Rowe.

by Anonymousreply 709/25/2012

That's surprising. Mike Rowe seems like the everyman type. In 2000, he had a cable show in San Francisco. Then he hit it big years later with Dirty Jobs.

I'm actually surprised by this.

by Anonymousreply 809/25/2012

Dead to me too, R2. DEAD.

And how exactly does he think that Mitt Romney will benefit labor and laborers?? Mitt Romney is an ENEMY of labor. What a stupid fucking asshole Mike Rowe is.

by Anonymousreply 909/25/2012

He must think he's super important to expect the POTUS to read a letter from him. I'm sure Obama has nothing better to do than read letters from D-Listers.

by Anonymousreply 1009/25/2012

So Rowe's picked the guy who closes factories, exports jobs and wants to kill unions? Sounds like a paid endorsement deal.

by Anonymousreply 1109/25/2012

r10, if it was 4 years ago, the letter was to candidate Obama.

Honestly, I don't think this is an endorsement. It's more like a roundtable discussion on labor issues. I think the Romney Campaign is spinning it as an endorsement but I'm not getting that from the article.

It's a weird condition. Read the whole letter and I'll vote for you. When you support a candidate, there should be a condition to go along with it.

by Anonymousreply 1209/25/2012

Another "top" celebrity for Romney!

by Anonymousreply 1309/25/2012

Rowe's next show, - "Dirty" Jobs. Rowe comes in as union buster and fires as many workers as possible in a half-hour slot!

by Anonymousreply 1409/25/2012

Here's Mike Rowe, bitching on camera because a male fan wrote that he has a crush on him.

by Anonymousreply 1509/25/2012

I thought I read on DL that he's gay? Yeah, I know, DLers say that about every famous guy, but I was left with the impression that it was true in his case.

by Anonymousreply 1609/25/2012

The smug assholery wipes away the "hotness".

by Anonymousreply 1709/25/2012

TBH i had seen him but didn't know his name. The youtube link here makes him look like a total douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 1809/25/2012

Alright bitches, time to out this cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1909/25/2012

Mike Rowe is a chain-smoking wanna-be, who basically made a living as a narrator (that's where the cigs come in handy), until he produced his own vehicle, that "Dirty Jobs" show.

Even Chuck Norris has had more of a career than Rowe.

by Anonymousreply 2009/25/2012

Please don't touch me Mike. Goodness. Forgive me, won't you? You see Rowe, I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at the dirt!

by Anonymousreply 2109/26/2012

R15... what a fucking tool.

He's dead to me.

by Anonymousreply 2209/26/2012

Is he filming an episode of Dirty Jobs?

by Anonymousreply 2309/26/2012

Well Mike Rowe, our lust affair was fun while it lasted.

Hit the showers, daddy, and clean up your act.

by Anonymousreply 2409/26/2012

when he first started doing those commercials, DL swore up and down he was gay. no longer true?

by Anonymousreply 2509/26/2012

Both Datalounge and I believe Mike Rowe should use the back door, and, although different, our reasons involve something dirty.

by Anonymousreply 2609/26/2012

Clearly Mike is NOT gay after all.

Is he going to muck out the stall of Ann's horse while he's with the Romneys?

by Anonymousreply 2709/26/2012

r25, watch the video at r15 and then tell us what YOU think the answer to your question is.

by Anonymousreply 2809/26/2012

I kinda liked Mike Rowe, but that video at r15 wiped it out in 90 seconds.

Mike, you may be more handsome and butch than I, but only one of us was a Home Shopping Network host.

by Anonymousreply 2909/26/2012

Yeah, I used to think he was hot too but the Romney connection and the clip at R15 have thoroughly vacuumed it out.

He looks and sounds like that Ernest (Hey Vern) character in that clip anyway.

by Anonymousreply 3009/26/2012

Rowe-whine-a is frontin'

by Anonymousreply 3109/26/2012

That clip has been around forever but this Romney thing has wiped out most of his gay fans, I am pretty sure. In one fell swoop.

by Anonymousreply 3209/26/2012

I just want to know why people were swearing on their grandmother's grave that he was gay. Obviously, he isn't and never has been.

by Anonymousreply 3309/26/2012

First I saw of the video. But it alone would have been enough to wipe out any appreciation I had for the guy. Add in the Romney thing? He's beyond dead to me.

by Anonymousreply 3409/26/2012

Well that is sure a boner killer. No Ford. no Dirty Jobs.

He no longer exists for me.

by Anonymousreply 3509/26/2012

Haha what a turn around from DL.

by Anonymousreply 3609/26/2012

Mike Rowe is a pompous douchebag--just like Romney.

Rowe's show is dirty and gross and appeals to straight men, yet he expects to go onto his website after a hard day of filming and read adoring fan mail from females. He's a conceited asshole.

by Anonymousreply 3709/26/2012

I've always thought he was a douche, and saw that video awhile back. I've also always thought he looked like Ernest, too. Never saw the appeal.

by Anonymousreply 3809/26/2012

Argh! He should've stayed out of it. Now I can't watch his show anymore.

(And yeah: Romney being a supporter of skilled crafts and labor? Not bloody likely).

by Anonymousreply 3909/26/2012

He's a tool. The repugs can have him. He acts so smug in those truck commercials. No big loss.

by Anonymousreply 4009/26/2012

Why would a celebrity come out in support of Romney NOW? Isn't that like hopping on board the Titanic after it had begun taking on water?

by Anonymousreply 4109/26/2012

that saddens me greatly

by Anonymousreply 4209/26/2012

This is DL, r33. That's all you need to know.

by Anonymousreply 4309/26/2012

I never thought the guy was even close to being hot and always thought of him as a major douchebag.

Some of you queens have some mighty low standards for hotness if this paunchy, middle aged schlub rocked your world.

by Anonymousreply 4409/26/2012

I still think he's gay-or a closet freak. 50 years old,never married,wannanbe opera singer and never linked to any female and apparently Repug. Smells like a self hating closet case to me!

by Anonymousreply 4509/26/2012

'Dirty Jobs' star Mike Rowe talks work with Mitt Romney in Ohio

By Kate O'Hare | September 26, 2012 1:47 AM ET t Mike meets Mitt on Wednesday (Sept. 26) in the Buckeye State to talk about how to get America back to work.

Mike Rowe is host of Discovery's "Dirty Jobs" and the new "How Booze Built America," airing Wednesdays, but he has a spin-off career as creator of, a Website and a movement dedicated to functioning as a PR campaign for traditional, hands-on jobs.

"I really believe," Rowe tells Zap2it, "part of the reason that three million shovel-ready jobs entirely imploded is the fact that [President Barack Obama] was trying to sell that notion to a country that doesn't want to pick up a shovel."

Back in early September, Rowe, as he did for the newly elected Obama in 2009, wrote an open letter to GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney about the state of work in America, stating, "If you read the whole thing, I'll vote for you in November."

While Rowe says he "will make no public endorsement, one way or the other," it does appear that the former Massachusetts governor did indeed read the letter, as seen in this photo tweeted out on Sept. 6 by his traveling press secretary, Rick Gorka, with the note "Gov catching up on news after debate prep, incl. an interesting letter about skilled labor from @MikeRoweWorks"

Two days later, Rowe tweeted, "Holy crap! He read it ..."

"I heard from him within 12 hours," says Rowe. "He called back and invited me to Ohio to sit on a roundtable with a bunch of CEOs to have a conversation about all of it."

Of course, after this exchange, attacks on American embassies in Libya and elsewhere overtook the news cycle, along with the Romney and Obama campaigns. Rowe wondered if the event was still on.

"They called last night," says Rowe, speaking on Sept. 25, right after landing in Cleveland, Ohio, "and they said, 'No, game on. Can you get there?' I said, 'Yeah, as long as I'm still invited.' They said, 'Oh, you are our invited guest.' So I hopped on a plane, and here I am."

Billed as a "Manufacturing Event with Mitt Romney in Bedford Heights (OH)," the free event takes place at American Spring Wire. According to Rowe, the CEO will take the invited guests on a tour of the factory, followed by a conversation in front of the crowd. No word at press time whether any portion of the event will be televised nationally, but Rowe does plan to post at least some video on his site.

"There are going to be a lot of cameras there," he says, "but I'm working right now to see if I can get somebody there to chronicle the event for mikeroweWORKS people."

Rowe traveled at his own expense. Also, despite reports saying that the appearance with Romney equals support for the Republican's campaign, Rowe says, "That is indeed spin. No, it's not an endorsement.

"In fact, I'm going to be as clear as I can -- this is the same message that I've been out there with for the last four years, same message I went to various states with.

"It's the same message that got the whole 'Go Build...' campaign off the ground in Alabama."

And, Rowe's willing to take his act on the road with Romney's rival.

"Look, if the president calls and says, 'Hey, I'm having a jobs summit,' I'll be there, if he wants to talk about a PR campaign for work. I'm not beyond taking advantage of a presidential election.

"I've not heard from the White House. No, but standing by!"

by Anonymousreply 4609/26/2012

SO far, this is his dirtiest job.

by Anonymousreply 4709/26/2012

What a moron.

throw your support to the guy who wants to destroy unions and export the factories where you do most of your 'dirty work'.

I wonder how much he's getting paid.

Dirty indeed.

by Anonymousreply 4809/26/2012

Does Rowe even get the hypocrisy of supporting someone who is an affront to what he highlights?

by Anonymousreply 4909/26/2012

I am happy to say that I never liked this guy and cannot bear to watch anything with him in it. He ALWAYS came across as a major douchebag asshole even when he first appeared on TV.

I prefer Don Wildman - he would get down and dirty on "Cities of the Underworld" and "Off Limits". And of course "Filthiest Cities."

He also is a hell of a lot hotter (and seemingly, more intelligent) than that shlub, Mike Rowe.

by Anonymousreply 5009/26/2012

An opera singer who lives in San Francisco with a mysterious GF no one has ever seen.

Okay SF, DLers, if any of you have ever slept with this slime, it's time to out him!

by Anonymousreply 5109/26/2012

[quote]Some of you queens have some mighty low standards for hotness if this paunchy, middle aged schlub rocked your world.

Actually, there are plenty of "paunchy, middle aged" guys that I find sexy—just not this guy.

by Anonymousreply 5209/26/2012

Dead to me.

by Anonymousreply 5309/26/2012

Just another whore. Don't act so surprised.

by Anonymousreply 5509/26/2012

R54, the guy you're going after simply said that people were swearing up and down that he was gay. I remember all that: he lives in SF, he sings opera, he doesn't have a wife or gf. THEREFORE, he MUST be gay.

Rather than go after someone who is simply stating a fact, maybe you should be mocking all those silly teenage-girls-in-men's-bodies queens who were just so SURE this guy was gay.

by Anonymousreply 5609/26/2012

[quote]Rowe traveled at his own expense. Also, despite reports saying that the appearance with Romney equals support for the Republican's campaign, Rowe says, "That is indeed spin. No, it's not an endorsement."

Can any of you idiots read?

NOT an endorsement. What is unclear about this?

by Anonymousreply 5709/26/2012

His appearance is an endorsement whether or not he wants to claim it as such. You can't have it both ways.

by Anonymousreply 5809/26/2012

What everyone else said: Rowe is dead to me.

by Anonymousreply 5909/26/2012

R57, please explain this statement Rowe made:

[quote].Rowe opened the letter by pledging to vote for Romney if he read the whole thing. A campaign aide later Tweeted a photo of Romney reading the letter.

by Anonymousreply 6009/26/2012

[quote]wrote an open letter to GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney about the state of work in America, stating, "If you read the whole thing, I'll vote for you in November."

Romney read the letter. Sure as fuck sounds like an endorsement to me. That and the fact that he showed up with Mittens is enough for me. Like others he is dead to me.

Anyone know if he's still doing Ford commercials? If do definitely time to stop buying them.

by Anonymousreply 6109/26/2012

I distinctly remember that he identified as conservative Republican during the last election. I have hated him ever since. So I have to wonder if he claims he gave obama the same chance to "read his letter."

Talk about narcissistic and self-important. And talk about not understanding the importance of political involvement. He makes it sound like a fucking reality show contest. "Show me a picture of you reading this and you get my vote!"

by Anonymousreply 6209/26/2012

Apparently POTUS did not deign to publicly read the letter of a cable TV host so now he's pissed and threw his support behind Romney. I doubt the President even knows who Mike Rowe he is and could care less.

by Anonymousreply 6309/26/2012

Rowe is always championing the average working man. How does he compare this "corporation are people too"?

by Anonymousreply 6409/26/2012

He's too fugly to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 6509/26/2012

You think Rowe spent time talking to the UAW workers in Detroit? You know, the ones who still have their 'dirty jobs'? The ones that would have disappeared if Mitt had let the auto industry go down? Which is what he said he would have done? Huh, Mike? Did you?

Didn't think so.

by Anonymousreply 6609/27/2012

R-45 is right - the girlfriend has never, ever been seen or identified in all these years. That just isn't possible. The guy is playing straight - for whatever reason - but I am sure he's gay as a goose!

he's dead for me, too.

by Anonymousreply 6709/27/2012

Can't this guy afford to get a new cap? He looked positively juvenile wearing that same cheesy cap he has been wearing for years and years.

Rmoney was beaming at him exactly the way he beams at Ann when she is speaking. Creepy.

by Anonymousreply 6809/27/2012

Rowe has gotten flabby too. In the early years of his dirty jobs gig he was hot- now he's just another idiot voting against the best interest of those he appeals to. Doubt the Koch bros watch his show.

by Anonymousreply 6909/27/2012

Don Wildman is a decent guy. I briefly waited tables with him in my 20s and he was a cool, nice guy.

What does ANY union member have to gain by supporting ANY Republican!? Bizarre!

by Anonymousreply 7009/27/2012

Charlie is right. Rowe now has major moobs! He thinks he looks hot in those truck commercials? He's deluded. I always thought he was a big closet case, too. Now, after this, he has tipped over into douchebag territory. And I don't think he's comin' back.

by Anonymousreply 7109/27/2012

[quote]The girlfriend has never, ever been seen or identified in all these years.

Just like Corky St. Clair!

by Anonymousreply 7209/28/2012

by Anonymousreply 7309/28/2012

Does Mike Rowe produce his own programs or does he just star in them?

by Anonymousreply 7409/28/2012

Here with another DEAD TO ME comment. If he thought that by promoting his show by appearing with Mitt was going to line his pockets - well, fuck HIM!

He's already doing these stupid truck commercials trying to appeal to this uber tough guy mystique, meanwhile the man sings opera.

Real men sing opera donchaknow?

Fuck him - I used to think he was cool - now I know better. And I hope his handlers see this as it WILL appear on his Google Alerts.

by Anonymousreply 7509/28/2012

I sure hope Ford drops him as a liability.

I know I won't purchase or patronize any place he shills for now.

He can go fuck himself.

by Anonymousreply 7609/29/2012

At one point, he was truly a smoking hot daddy. But eventually he became insuffarably smug and full-of-himself...and the hotness evaporated.

Now it's gone for good. Never to return.

by Anonymousreply 7709/29/2012

Mike didn't vote for that prick Romney!!!

by Anonymousreply 7802/22/2013

UGH! He is DEAD to me, despite being sexier than any other guy!

by Anonymousreply 7902/22/2013

thanks for reviving this thread, I just brought it up on the other thread about Rowe.

by Anonymousreply 8002/22/2013

Why do people vote in the first place? The electoral college can overwrite the popular vote thus leaving votes pointless in the end.

by Anonymousreply 8102/23/2013

What a dumb fucker. Why does he have to be like that? Another 'dead to me' vote.

by Anonymousreply 8202/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!