Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Could the Libya crisis hurt Hillary Clinton's chances for 2016?

She had a good run as Secretary of State, but this crisis in the final months of her term is causing some major headaches.

by Anonymousreply 3110/12/2012

She has already gone on record as saying she will not run for Prez.

by Anonymousreply 109/24/2012

She'll be too old

by Anonymousreply 209/24/2012

R1, she's the front-runner for 2016 and an increasing number of people are saying she's considering it.

Bill Clinton said yesterday that he doesn't know what she's decided yet.

by Anonymousreply 309/24/2012

R3 She said she has no interest in politics. Once this election is over she plans to retire from public life.

by Anonymousreply 409/24/2012

R1 and R4: do you realize how many *scores* of politicos have claimed they have "no interest" in running for a given political job ... and then go right and have a "change of heart"? Whatever Hillary's claimed publicly up until now is completely irrelevant. Remember that politicians keep their cards up their sleeves until needed ... or have you bitches already forgotten how long it took for Obama's opinion on gay marriage to "evolve"? (never mind that he was quoted on the record in favor of it FIFTEEN YEARS AGO)

OP: no, whatever happens in Libya will not affect the U.S. or anyone in American politics negatively. There's a limited amount we can do regardless, barring a full-scale military intervention (which many of us absolutely do NOT want, for countless reasons).

by Anonymousreply 509/24/2012

Well Hillary is wrapping up her Secretary of State job in January, no matter what.

She will have 3 years to enjoy retirement.

by Anonymousreply 609/24/2012

I'm not seeing Hills enjoying retirement.

by Anonymousreply 709/24/2012

R4, Bil Clinton is not ruling out her running. That tells you something.

Nancy Pelosi has said Hillary is our best shot for 2016.

Kirsten Gillibrand has asked her to run.

Hillary leads all Dems in matchups out for 2016.

That's why I think the Republicans are trying to hurt Hillary by blaming the Libya crisis on her.

by Anonymousreply 809/24/2012

I happen to think she will run. And I don't see how the Libya crisis is going to hurt her.

by Anonymousreply 1009/24/2012

Reagan was older than her.

She will run, and she will win.

by Anonymousreply 1109/24/2012

And we often forget the life expectancy of females is greater than that of males. She'll run.

by Anonymousreply 1209/24/2012

People forget the latest news a week later. Look at Missouri. Akin is going to beat McCaskill.

by Anonymousreply 1309/24/2012

Wrong, R13.

McCaskill is ahead in the polls.

by Anonymousreply 1409/24/2012

FWIW, every single "moderate" I know, specifically moderates who tend to lean a bit right, have told me that they would vote for her in a heartbeat. They feel safe with her in a way they don't feel with Obama. I don't get it, I feel she's just as liberal as he is, but whatever.

I really hope she runs.

by Anonymousreply 1509/24/2012

According to the fucktards at Fox News, yes!

by Anonymousreply 1609/24/2012

I don't think people will even remember it 4 years from now.

by Anonymousreply 1709/24/2012

No matter what happens with Obama's second term, and no matter how her time as Secretary of State ends, Hillary Clinton will be elected in a landslide in 2016 if she decides to run. Historic. She'll manage to break into some of the states that have eluded the Democrats since Bill's runs. It won't mean a sea change - it didn't mean one when Bill one parts of the South as a southerner - but unless her first term involves her taking bribes on camera while taking a dump on the Oval Office eagle, she'll get two terms out of it.

Oh, of course. She has to "decide." Right.

by Anonymousreply 1809/24/2012

[quote], whatever happens in Libya will not affect the U.S. or anyone in American politics negatively. There's a limited amount we can do regardless, barring a full-scale military intervention (which many of us absolutely do NOT want, for countless reasons).

CNN is REALLY REALLY hoping the Libya situation is going to blow up and bring down the Obama Administration, they're practically giddy over the prospect.

by Anonymousreply 1909/24/2012

Hillary had virulent haters not just when she was First Lady, but also when she ran for President in 2008. One of the reasons some Democrats turned to Obama was because they considered him less polarizing.

Her current beloved status is a function of her not holding elected office. If she runs in 2016, the Republicans will go all out to demonize her the way she was demonized in the past and the way Obama is demonized now.

by Anonymousreply 2009/24/2012

I wouldn't expect them to do anything else.

by Anonymousreply 2109/24/2012

Personally I have found the voters don't care no matter how many Americans are killed on your watch. Yee haw!

by Anonymousreply 2209/24/2012

Why wouldn't Hillary renew her term as Sec of State? Who would replace her?

by Anonymousreply 2309/24/2012

I can't imagine her looking at the prospect of being the first woman president in an easy election against the sure-to-be-deranged Republicans and saying "nah, who needs it?"

by Anonymousreply 2409/24/2012

Ok, I'll ask again. How is Libya Hillary's fault?

by Anonymousreply 2509/24/2012

R23, Susan Rice or John Kerry will replace her.

She is tired and needs a rest.

by Anonymousreply 2609/24/2012

My partner is visible at the State Dept and while she doesn't work for Hillary, she's closely aligned. It's well known in certain circles that she's going to leave after this election and gear up for 2016.

by Anonymousreply 2910/12/2012

I think most people are sick of her.

by Anonymousreply 3010/12/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!