Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tom Hanks to play Walt Disney

Saving Mr. Banks has begun principal photography in the Los Angeles area, with “key locations” around Disneyland in Anaheim and Disney Studio in Burbank due to make an appearance in the film. Tom Hanks will become the first person to portray old Walt on the big screen in a dramatic feature (according to the press release, that is), while fellow dual-Oscar winner Emma Thompson is tackling the role of the very regal Ms. Travers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2009/24/2012

Who's playing Annette?

by Anonymousreply 109/24/2012

I dont think anyone will be playing Annette as the film is set after she left Disney.

by Anonymousreply 209/24/2012

Walt Disney was born in Mojacar Spain. Look it up.

by Anonymousreply 309/24/2012

Enough with the films about the making of films!

by Anonymousreply 409/24/2012

Will set the record for blandest film ever.

by Anonymousreply 509/24/2012

R3 I did look it up. Sounds like someone played you for a chump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 609/24/2012

He's going to have to lose a shitload of weight which means giving up alcohol. I'm sure he'll be a dream to work with.

by Anonymousreply 709/24/2012

I have been to Mojacar, Snopes people have not. Everyone there considers Disney a native son.

Besides, the Indalo Man told me it was so!

Neener, neener, neener!

P.S. Walt is frozen in a cryogenic vault in a hidden corner of Walt Disney World's Epcot Village.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 809/24/2012

Surely they could find someone with a hint of Charisma. Tom Hanks? What a dull actor.

by Anonymousreply 909/24/2012

Ever since the story of the making of the film of "Mary Poppins" came out in the New Yorker a few years back, I have really wanted to see it on the screen. If only for the great climax at the after-party for the premiere: "Pamela, that ship has already sailed." BURN!!!

by Anonymousreply 1009/24/2012

According to imdb, Jason Schwartzman and BJ Novak are playing the Sherman Brothers.

No word yet on who is playing Julie Andrews.

by Anonymousreply 1109/24/2012

Maybe they picked Hanks because he is dull. Squeaky clean, family friendly. Ughhh

by Anonymousreply 1209/24/2012

[quote]Maybe they picked Hanks because he is dull. Squeaky clean, family friendly.

Or old.

by Anonymousreply 1309/24/2012

I read the article but still don't get the inherent drama in the story.

There was more drama in the casting of Eliza Dolittle the same year.

by Anonymousreply 1409/24/2012

OOOOORRRRR .. because Tom Hanks was born in Mojacar Spain too!

by Anonymousreply 1509/24/2012

R14 I think the drama is going to center more on Travers life story. That and the battle Disney had in securing the rights and then dealing with her demands. There was no love lost between the two. She had to beg to be invited to the premier, they didn't want anything to do with her by that point. They finally gave in and let her attend, but she had to pay for her own airfare to California.

by Anonymousreply 1609/24/2012

[quote]but she had to pay for her own airfare to California.

I did hear that Walt sent her a parrot-headed black umbrella with a note "safe flight."

by Anonymousreply 1709/24/2012

I wonder if Julie will be a character, or if it's all going to be about the lead-up to making the movie and not include the filming itself. I hope she's included, though - it would be interesting to see another actress play her.

by Anonymousreply 1809/24/2012

Is that why Tom had that cheesy mustache at the Emmys? (and I don't mean Rita Wilson).

by Anonymousreply 1909/24/2012

Will Tom lure underage boys into his limo to suck their dicks like the real Walt did?

Will Tom hate Jews like the real Walt did?

by Anonymousreply 2009/24/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!