Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

DL favorite Erin Moran thrown out of trailer park, now homeless

Oh, Joanie!

[quote]FORMER “Happy Days” star Erin Moran is haggard and homeless, bouncing around from motel to mo­tel after being thrown out of the trailer she was sharing with her mother-in-law. What’s more, sources close to the struggling child star say she’s blowing through a cash settlement she was awarded after she and oth­er “Happy Days” alum sued CBS for merchandise revenue. And once that money runs out, the former child actress and her husband Steve Fleischmann – who works in the garden center of an Indiana Walmart – will be hard-pressed to keep a roof over their heads.

[quote]... Erin, 51, and Steve, 45, then moved into the Baymont Inn & Suites in Corydon, Ind., but another source says their stay was short-lived because of Erin’s partying and belligerent behavior with hotel staff. “On several occasions the hotel manage­ment warned Erin to curb her unruly behavior, but they finally had enough of her temper and demanded that she immediately leave the property.” After a brief stay with friends, the couple checked into the Holi­day Inn Express in Corydon. But according to another insider, the couple would likely be moving to the Super 8 motel before long be­cause it’s cheaper.

Full story and photo of cracked-out-looking Erin at link.

by Anonymousreply 14011/01/2013

Hey, y'all, no need to worry about me! I'm just waiting for my agent to get back to me. I'm a shoo-in for this new ABC Family series where Delta Burke and I play best friends who run a craft store together. The series is being produced by Dina Lohan!!

by Anonymousreply 109/21/2012

Joanie moves in with Blair, who just divorced her fundie closet case husband. Hilary ensues.

Casting?

by Anonymousreply 209/21/2012

This makes me sad.

by Anonymousreply 309/21/2012

They actually did a movie together called 'Twirl' which was a rip-off of the movie 'Smile'

by Anonymousreply 409/21/2012

You think Ron Howard or Henry Winkler would have the decency to throw not only a little money her way but give her some work.

by Anonymousreply 509/21/2012

um, why should they R5. Are you such a sexist that you think women cant take care of themselves? She is grown.

by Anonymousreply 609/21/2012

She also clearly has substance issues, so money might actually be harmful.

by Anonymousreply 709/21/2012

"the couple checked into the Holi­day Inn Express in Corydon"

Well, that may have been an educational experience if their commercials are to be believed.

by Anonymousreply 809/21/2012

Who is Hilary?

by Anonymousreply 909/21/2012

She has great calves though..

But that HAIR!

by Anonymousreply 1009/21/2012

She just got awarded that settlement money, how could she be spending it so fast, why didn't she buy a house with it or something?

by Anonymousreply 1109/21/2012

Freaky - Corydon is my hometown, I would die on the streets before I'd go back there. They must not have very good cash management skills, or the settlement was very small, she could have bought a decent house outright for under 150k around there. It's not a good area to move to in order to get back on your feet though, not many jobs and never have been - only the farmers and Louisville commuters have any disposable income. If they sit there until the money is gone, they will be stuck there.

She does have very nice calves!

by Anonymousreply 1209/21/2012

Why doesn't hottie Scott Baio rescue her?

by Anonymousreply 1309/21/2012

[quote] It's not a good area to move to in order to get back on your feet though, not many jobs and never have been

But her husband works at Walmart! Given what the article says about Erin, sounds like she'd fit right in. Perhaps she could be a greeter.

"Joanie Cunningham? Searching my bags?"

by Anonymousreply 1409/21/2012

Scott Baio being a nasty right winger would tell her to pull herself up by her own bootstraps. They have no compassion or empathy.

by Anonymousreply 1509/21/2012

Too bad, sad situation. Erin has hinted that she received $65,000 form the Happy Days settlement that she and her co-stars received. And she's been burning through that money very fast. Damn, she's in a desperate state of affairs. She's drinking, probably doing drugs too.

$65,000 isn't a huge amount, but it's a little something to give you some security. It would be a shame to blow it.

by Anonymousreply 1609/21/2012

65k is not a real lot of money, but it's enough to buy a foreclosed house outright, or at the least a big down payment for one that's not a foreclosure.

by Anonymousreply 1709/21/2012

I second r6. Why should they give their money to a grown woman who has run through her own, and was by all accounts a raving bitch during the run of the series?

by Anonymousreply 1809/21/2012

She was on "Celebrity Ghost Stories" just last week claiming that the ghost of a gold-miner was haunting her family. The ghost even made the canopy bed fall down on her in the middle of the night. She fled the house with her husband and never went back.

Having read this article, it's more likely that they got kicked out for not paying rent.

by Anonymousreply 1909/21/2012

How did they end up in Indiana?

by Anonymousreply 2009/21/2012

I'd consider 65k in the bank as having been given breathing room for a while.

You know she hasn't seen that kind of dough in 40 years.

by Anonymousreply 2109/21/2012

I wish Ron Howard could buy her a little trailer at least....

by Anonymousreply 2209/21/2012

The only comeback she's going to have is if her trick pulls out of her ass when he gets close and lets it fly.

by Anonymousreply 2309/21/2012

She should clean herself up, dye her hair and perm it like the old days and turn tricks. There are a lot of people from the old days who would pay to say they fucked the girl who played Joanie on Happy Days. They would just have to leave off the decade they did it in.

by Anonymousreply 2409/21/2012

I am a manager at an Indianapolis Walmart and I'll give her a job. So she doesn't have to be homeless if she doesn't want to.

by Anonymousreply 2609/22/2012

Aw r26.

by Anonymousreply 2709/22/2012

Seems unstable with substance problems and poor judgement. She needs to use her money to get clean and emotionally stable. Then and only then would I ever consider buying her a little trailer or giving her a bit part.

by Anonymousreply 2809/22/2012

HOLY SHIT!! That photo is unbelievable. My brain is vomiting.

by Anonymousreply 2909/22/2012

I never noticed the Erin was a "DL favorite." It's interesting that's she's turned out to be a hard partier, because shortly after Happy Days she became a fanatical Jesus freak. I remember Marion Ross saying that Erin had told her she was "in league with the Devil" or something like that. She hated all the Happy Days cast and thought they were sinners. Apparently the Jesus freak phase ended by the time she appeared in a production of the Vagina Monologues in the late 90s. And of course these days she apparently isn't too devout.

The article tsk tsk's her for blowing through all her settlement money, but it was only $65,000, it's not like it was going to last forever anyway. She was probably one of those sitcom stars that got ripped-off not getting the residuals she deserved for syndicated airings of the show. In the olden days, contracts stipulated they'd only get paid for the first 6 repeats of episodes.

by Anonymousreply 3009/22/2012

i loved it when erin acted out an orgasm on the celebrity fit club bus.

by Anonymousreply 3109/22/2012

Very sad. It would be sad to have this happen to anyone, but when you're well-known and washed up, it's particularly humiliating. This shouldn't be happening.

by Anonymousreply 3209/22/2012

[quote]She was probably one of those sitcom stars that got ripped-off not getting the residuals she deserved for syndicated airings of the show.

Oh, for fuck's sake. That was 30 years ago. GET ANOTHER JOB. Why would anyone but a lazy piece of shit think they never have to work again after moderate success in their teens/20's?

She squandered great opportunities given her status as a recognizable face/name. There are many ways she could have exploited her celebrity. When the acting gigs dry up, you can always shill for just about any company or sell crap on QVC. Anything.

by Anonymousreply 3309/22/2012

Calling the TV series "Intervention"....

by Anonymousreply 3509/22/2012

IIRC, Erin Moran had a meltdown on Howard Stern's show back in the 1990s.

After he was talking about her fucking Scott Baio, I think he was got on to the topic of her being sexually molested as a child or as a teen.

If it did happen and if she has never dealt with the sexual abuse in therapy, I sure cna see her being fucked up as an adult and abusing drugs and booze.

by Anonymousreply 3609/22/2012

Sounds like I'm on drugs, ha.

I meant to type, "I think Stern got on the topic of her being sexually molested as a child or as a teen."

by Anonymousreply 3709/22/2012

Bitch was an AWFUL actress ( I guess she was OK as a little kid, but as she grew up - just TERRIBLE!!! ). The mother on Happy Days was also an AWFUL actress - like Lucille Ball, you could see her looking at her cue cards constantly. She didn't make eye contact with her other cast members as she was so busy scoping for her fucking lines. Just bad, bad, bad....

by Anonymousreply 3809/22/2012

[quote]She squandered great opportunities given her status as a recognizable face/name. There are many ways she could have exploited her celebrity. When the acting gigs dry up, you can always shill for just about any company or sell crap on QVC. Anything.

Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 4009/22/2012

Sorry to troll this thread, but I just wanted to say something else... Even before Fonzie jumped the shark, Happy Days had gotten so unbearable. They didn't even TRY to make it seem like it was the 50's. "Joanie" with her 80's big hair, a metric ton of makeup, etc. Same with M.A.S.H. in the later years, when "HotLips" looked like she was made up for the opera as she was working in the O.R. ( and with her huge new caps that made her look like her mouth was eating her head ) - just really really BAD days for television. Point being, none of the folks who linger on these shows after they've lost their luster deserve a lifetime of income. Get another job like the rest of the world. OK. End of rant. :)

by Anonymousreply 4109/22/2012

Erin helped make the show the success it was. If she didn't matter, they would not have spun her off into her own series.

It's really gotta suck to be an Erin Moran or (especially) Sally Struthers and have to struggle despite being on shows that made their networks so financially lucrative. Meanwhile all these half wit reality stars and tv actors of today get million dollar deals and hefty residual payments that set them up financially for life.

by Anonymousreply 4209/22/2012

Joanie Loves Chachi was just a "throw it against the wall, see if it sticks" thing. It wasn't because Erin was some great actress or was a key to the success of Happy Days. J.L.C. garnered some fans, but ultimately was another piece of crap series that was canceled after 17 weeks (the novelty wore off when the true talentlessness of the cast became apparent.) Link is TNTP (try not to puke)

by Anonymousreply 4309/22/2012

[quote]hefty residual payments

LOL @ R42. Hefty residuals on what? No one is going to be watching re-runs of all these craptastic reality shows 10 years from now. There's a new one every week. An no reality star is "set up for life" either, unless they're smart/savvy enough and spin their short lived celebrity into something else--a la Kardashian with her perfume, fashion, etc. It's no different. Erin Moran had the same opportunity to parlay her celeb status into other jobs. She blew it.

by Anonymousreply 4409/22/2012

ABC needs to give her a new show. "Joanie Loves Tchotchkes": Erin opens up her own curio shop out of a double-wide in an Indiana trailer park. Her wacky neighbors come in to buy tacky shit to decorate their trailers, while Erin's drunken, belligerent behavior towards them leads to all sorts of wacky hijinks. Hilarity ensues, naturally.

by Anonymousreply 4609/22/2012

[quote] Point being, none of the folks who linger on these shows after they've lost their luster deserve a lifetime of income.

I hated the show, but if it was successful for decades in syndication, she deserved to get paid for that. Someone was making a ton of money on it, the actors deserved their cut, fair's fair. The stars of Gilligan's Island for instance, weren't paid squat for the show being successful in syndication for decades. And yet they were on tv every day, so they were extremely typecast in those roles, making it very difficult for them to get other work. Meanwhile, Sherwood Schwartz got filthy rich on the syndication rights.

I think Erin was always unstable, and that's the main reason she left showbiz shortly after the show went off. I was the one who brought up her becoming a Jesus freak, perhaps she'd decided Hollywood was sinful.

by Anonymousreply 4709/22/2012

What a Moran.

by Anonymousreply 4809/22/2012

R42 is right. That troglodyte The Situation is a millionaire and the teen mom show pays well, among others.

by Anonymousreply 4909/22/2012

[quote]65,000 isn't a huge amount, but it's a little something to give you some security. It would be a shame to blow it

"Blow" being the operative word here.

by Anonymousreply 5009/22/2012

Happy Days was the Fonz. It was just as successful when Joanie and Chachi left and they were replaced by that guy with the belly shirt, Flip and the girl from Wings

by Anonymousreply 5109/22/2012

I wonder if her brothers & sisters know about her situation and if they have attempted to reach out to her, although from what I've heard/read she's been estranged from them for years.

by Anonymousreply 5309/22/2012

How much do has-beens usually make of residuals?

Someone here must know some washed-up sitcom star.

by Anonymousreply 5509/22/2012

they should do a charity performance of love letters starring her and scott baio.

by Anonymousreply 5609/22/2012

[quote]She was probably one of those sitcom stars that got ripped-off not getting the residuals she deserved for syndicated airings of the show. In the olden days, contracts stipulated they'd only get paid for the first 6 repeats of episodes.

You don't get ripped off by agreeing to sign a contract. You should read it & get advice from a lawyer/agent -- if you want more than the contract gives you, don't sign it.

by Anonymousreply 5809/22/2012

Scott Baio turned 52 yesterday. Hard to believe.

by Anonymousreply 5909/23/2012

she had/has pigface.

by Anonymousreply 6009/23/2012

Does she have any children?

This is sad and obviously something is wrong with her. The TV and movie studios rip people off they are not business savvy. Maybe when she first starred on Happy Days, her mother and father weren't savvy enough to get a lawyer to demand certain financial expectations in her contract.I remember reading once that Robert Wagner had to sue Aron Spelling because Robert Wagner was co creator of Hart To Hart and Aron Spelling ripped him off. Hollywood has a lot of crooks in the business side of that industry.

I know this thread is about Erin Moran, but I have some gossip about Scott Baio. I worked with this guy who worked in charity events and he was in charge of getting famous people to the charities. I think it was for a cancer charity. This guy said he called Scott Baio's manger and asked if Scott could come to the charity event ,which the manger said no problem. A day before the event Scott's manager called back , and he said Mr. Baio will go under the conditions that he will have a limo provided for him, Mr. Baio will stay at a 5 star hotel all expenses paid for Mr. Baio, and he made other demands or else Scott would not come to the charity. The guy said he told Scott's manger that this is a charity ,and we can't do that. Scott's manger replied, in an angry tone, then Mr. Baio will not show up! Sure enough the charity raised the funds to apply to Scott Baio's demands. When Scott Baio arrived at the charity event he was stoned, drunk, and he was a completely awful person to deal with as well. He was just a mess. The guy told me it was a complete bomb and it was very embarrassing. However, it was the last minute and they had no choice. Had he known from the begging Scott and his manger were going to be assholes, they would have dropped him and got someone else.

by Anonymousreply 6109/23/2012

damn good gossip,R61..thanks!

by Anonymousreply 6209/23/2012

I'm surprised Ron would be so candid

by Anonymousreply 6409/23/2012

Is she still in Corydon? There must be some other gays there to give us the latest.

by Anonymousreply 6509/23/2012

[quote]Mr. Baio will go under the conditions that he will have a limo provided for him, Mr. Baio will stay at a 5 star hotel all expenses paid for Mr. Baio, and he made other demands or else Scott would not come to the charity.

That's a big dirty secret in Hollywood. Lots, not ALL get an appearance fee and expenses for Charity events.

Erin used to do the autograph show circuit but I think she wore out her welcome. On Baio's reality show she talked him into appearing at a comic book/ memorabilia store for a few hours and he seemed genuinely uncomfortable about it and didn't want to do it, but did for her and the show.

by Anonymousreply 6609/23/2012

[quote]How much do has-beens usually make off residuals?

If it's a very successful show that reaches 100 episodes, it's not unheard of to make six figures the first few years it enters syndication. But it drops off much quicker than people realize. Within about a decade, you shouldn't be surprised if some of the checks are for small change.

If you're lucky, the show might have enough long-term popularity to cover one or two of your fixed expenses for many years. But the overwhelming majority of shows don't have that kind of longevity.

For every show like Friends that still churns out cash there are fifty shows like Coach that barely earn residuals anymore. And for every syndicated show there are hundreds and hundreds of shows that never made it to syndication.

by Anonymousreply 6709/23/2012

R67, thanks for explaining that.

Isn't Happy Days still rerun a lot, though? You think she'd be making more but I guess not.

by Anonymousreply 6809/23/2012

Remember when she did [italic]Celebrity Fit Club[/italic] and straight-up admitted she took the gig because she needed the money?

by Anonymousreply 6909/23/2012

I thought she was some fundie christian who didn't drink.

by Anonymousreply 7009/27/2012

I wish there was a way to contact Erin. I would be more than happy to accommodate her and her husband in their time of need. We have a spare bedroom that they could sleep in.

by Anonymousreply 7109/27/2012

Lock up your liquor cabinet.

by Anonymousreply 7209/27/2012

She had talent. She could have moved into quirky character roles. But I'm assuming she burned a lot of bridges during her religious preoccupation stage. Hopefully someone close to her will intervene soon, because I don't want to see her end the way Dana Plato did.

by Anonymousreply 7309/27/2012

You sound like a kind and charitable person R7, however you might want to bear in mind that her alcohol problem is so out of control that her husbands mother has thrown them out because she's so inconsiderate and belligerent. Of course if you're determined to help them then I think it was mentioned Erin's husband works at the walmart of the town they're in. I'm sure you could track them down, it's not like you'd have to get past her agent anymore.

by Anonymousreply 7409/28/2012

R19:

We strongly disagree!

by Anonymousreply 7509/28/2012

Nowadays, it's not just syndication residuals either. There are residuals for DVD, Internet, pay TV, foreign, and basic cable.

by Anonymousreply 7609/28/2012

I meant to address R71 not R7.

by Anonymousreply 7709/28/2012

People didn't get great residuals till around the late 80s, unless you were the star.

The thing I like about Maureen "Marcia" McCormick was she went through a lot of crap, but in her book she never blames anyone but herself. She said she came out of the Brady Bunch with about half a million bucks and put it up her nose.

She also states she never had any trouble finding acting jobs after the Brady Bunch. They just weren't the star roles, but she could've worked and worked steadily in lessor roles had she went that route.

Kathy "Family Affair" Garver said she never had any trouble getting acting work, but again, it was small parts and theatre and she worked when she wanted to but her ego was in check and she realized she was a working actress and not a star.

by Anonymousreply 7809/28/2012

My husband and I are getting the spare bedroom ready. I just changed the sheets on the bed. I'm hoping to get a hold of Erin so she and her husband can come and stay with us. I'm going to try and track her down by calling the motels, other than that I hope she's reading this. Erin you are welcome into our home.

by Anonymousreply 7909/28/2012

Erin may have had a better change at getting more role if she done something with that brillo pad hair of hers.

by Anonymousreply 8009/28/2012

R80, haven't you seen the no make up thread? Women shouldn't have to lift a finger to improve their appearance. They look just fine au natural.

by Anonymousreply 8109/28/2012

um r79 sweetie? I think you've had enough?

by Anonymousreply 8209/29/2012

R81 This has nothing to do with her make-up. She just needs to do something about that outdated lesbian hairstyle.

by Anonymousreply 8309/29/2012

Sunday, Monday Happy Days Again

Tuesday, Wednesday, Happy Days Again

Thursday, Friday, Happy Days Again

The weekend comes, your ass, your thumbs

Ready to use the loo

These days are ours

Happy and free

Those Happy Days Again

These Days our your and my Happy Days Again.

by Anonymousreply 8409/30/2012

Is this Corydon clode to Louisville? If so my brother lives there...

by Anonymousreply 8509/30/2012

So Sad. Maybe we ought to start raising a fund here at DL to help her out.

by Anonymousreply 8609/30/2012

She is one of the ugliest TV stars ever.

by Anonymousreply 8709/30/2012

R87 Haven't things been hard enough on her already without you calling saying she's ugly?

by Anonymousreply 8809/30/2012

hated, hated hated Happy Days. And certainly Joanie Does Chachi. With that said I think this is pretty sad. Ron Howard is worth a gazillion dollars and he can't even help her out.

by Anonymousreply 8909/30/2012

R89 Ron Howard offered her money and she told him "that's not enough." She has a serious drinking problem and needs to be put into rehab. I feel sorry for her husband.

by Anonymousreply 9009/30/2012

r85 Maybe you could get in touch with your brother and get him to go to the Walmart Erin's husband works at let him know r75 is putting mints on the pillows as I write this...

by Anonymousreply 9109/30/2012

R88: Things have not been hard for her. She is an extremely ugly person who made a lot of money in an industry that prizes beauty (TV).

People would kill for her success.

The fact that she has pissed it all away on booze (and probably worse) is her fault.

Oh, boo-hoo!

by Anonymousreply 9209/30/2012

R61, why did Scott Baio have a manger? (Oh, dear.)

by Anonymousreply 9310/01/2012

Moran's descent seemed to begin rather quickly. I remember that in the late 80s (if memory serves), she was on the cover of the National Enquirer or a similar tabloid, angrily proclaiming "I was screwed by both Hollywood and my mother". I remember it vividly because I was fascinated. I only scanned the article -- Moran indicated that her mother stole and/or poorly invested her earnings and that Hollywood wouldn't hire her. I believe that it was the same article in which Moran talked about losing her virginity to Baio on the HAPPY DAYS set and that they had sex several times a day.

At approximately the same time, a coworker told me that she saw Moran on a talk show where she had been "talking crazy".

by Anonymousreply 9410/01/2012

R92, if she was sexually molested when she was a kid, that would explain why she she drank. you don't know what hell she might have been dealing with through out the years. Also, I have heard Scott Baio was a complete creep to her. She thought he loved her ,but he was just using her and then dumped her after he got what he wanted out of her.

by Anonymousreply 9510/01/2012

Remember when she thought she was a rock singer with Jimmy Baios famous brother?

by Anonymousreply 9610/01/2012

It wouldn't surprise me if 'fags' aren't her thing. Wanna bet she's a big ol' homophobe?

by Anonymousreply 9710/01/2012

R95: Being fucked by Scott Baio when you have a face like hers is not being molested; it's hitting the jackpot.

by Anonymousreply 9810/01/2012

She's not so bad in her youth she was cute. Now she isn't aging very well and the drinking isn't helping...

by Anonymousreply 9910/01/2012

People here must be judging her ugly in retrospect. She was a quite popular cheesecake poster model in her day. Remember Farrah Fawcett was the most popular poster model of the '70s and her looks have also fallen out of favor.

by Anonymousreply 10010/01/2012

I thought she was pretty hot during her Joanie Loves Chachi days.

by Anonymousreply 10110/01/2012

Former child stars like Erin Moran and so many others are just so pathetic; they always have this attitude like Hollywood owed them a career as adults and we're supposed to feel sorry for them because they couldn't find any work once they grew up. They never realize it's over and then transition to another career. The smart child actors like that ugly kid from the Wonder Years and the kid who played Chunk in the Goonies knew they would never make it as adult actors, and both of them went to law school and are now doing well as attorneys. Most of them, however, try to hang on for years and years and go crazy like Erin did, and Corey Feldman, and Danny Bonaduce....the list is endless. It's so sad.

by Anonymousreply 10210/01/2012

R102 How rude! Erin never had a chance. All her money was spent by her parents so she wouldn't have been able to go to college. She was pretty and had a lot of talent, but Hollywood never gave her the chance. I could easily see her in major movie roles if she kept with it.

by Anonymousreply 10310/01/2012

R103, there are strict laws on the books in CA that make it impossible for parents to syphon off their kid's acting money. It's more likely that she just didn't make all that much, and what she did make, she ran through quickly. Yes, she was on a hit show, but she only had a small role in an ensemble cast. You can't rest on you laurels if you're only making a few thousand per episode. She needed to use her celebrity while the iron was hot to pursue other roles or to launch another career. She did neither, so....she squandered opportunities others would kill for.

by Anonymousreply 10410/01/2012

Sorry, but she was NEVER a pretty girl.

She was very lucky to be on TV at all.

by Anonymousreply 10510/01/2012

She was generally considered more sexy than pretty, like Judy Landers and Joyce DeWitt, she rocked a dancers body type look.

by Anonymousreply 10610/01/2012

[quote]there are strict laws on the books in CA that make it impossible for parents to syphon off their kid's acting money.

I think those laws rather recent. Gary Coleman's parents did the same thing to him.

by Anonymousreply 10810/01/2012

Sexy Erin #1

by Anonymousreply 10910/01/2012

Sexy Erin #2

by Anonymousreply 11010/01/2012

Her face was a broke then as her wallet is now.

by Anonymousreply 11110/01/2012

Those laws are national, not just in California. It is called "The Coogan Law", named after the child actor of the 1920s Jackie Coogan, who went on to play Uncle Fester on The Addams Family series in the 60s, and whose parents squandered his huge silent screen fortune leaving him broke as an adult. Broadly, the law dictates that 15% of the wages of the minor must be put in escrow for the performer when they are legal adults. I assume its 18 years of age, but it might be 21. After manager fees, agent commissions and taxes, 15% is a decent percentage. The kid's families are often living off of what they can legally spend at the time.

I'm sure Erin got her money and frittered it away quickly, especially if she was 18 years old.

by Anonymousreply 11210/01/2012

I never thought she was pretty. Could never figure out how fuggo Joanie landed hot Chachi. Put her in a red wig and she looks just like Chucky. Joanie IS Chucky.

by Anonymousreply 11310/01/2012

Radar has more SHOCKING DETAILS about the SAD LIFE of DL favorite Erin Moran, now reduced to partying with strangers in a motel parking lot!

[quote]Moran went on to regale them with stories about her years on Happy Days as 70s sweetheart Joanie Cunningham, in between talking about her faith in God, and her bizarre family circumstances. "She talked about her husband, and she said he’d been working at Walmart for 20 years. I asked her what she was doing there because I didn’t know she had lost everything, she said she was taking care of her mother-in-law She said she had some bad investments or someone took advantage of her, she made it sound like she had lost everything," explained the source.

Great grainy cellphone photo of Erin, complete with thighs bigger than her head...

by Anonymousreply 11410/02/2012

Off topic but is there some reason Radar, like other sites, have switched to forcing people into using FB to post comments? I would not use that to post stuff to a gossip rag nor do I have the time or patience to set up multiple accounts.

by Anonymousreply 11510/02/2012

I am currently in the process of making phone calls to the various motels Erin is staying at in Croydon, Indiana in an attempt to contact her. My husband and I have just finished getting her room ready in our California home. We're hoping she and her husband will accept our invitation to stay with us. Since we are locate just 1 hour outside of Los Angeles, it would be a good chance for Erin to get her career back on track.

by Anonymousreply 11610/02/2012

R115: It is to protect them legally from anonymous people libeling people.

That pic makes it clear that she's spending the rent on meth.

by Anonymousreply 11710/02/2012

I hope for his sake r116 is joking...

by Anonymousreply 11810/03/2012

r116 is like the Annie Wilkes of "Happy Days."

by Anonymousreply 11910/03/2012

My husband had spoken to a woman at the Super 8 motel that Erin was staying at last week. He left our number so we're hoping we'll hear from her soon.

by Anonymousreply 12010/06/2012

She should go on "Dancing with the Stars" with everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 12110/07/2012

First of all Coogan's Law is only in California. California has the most restritive laws in the nation. There is no national law, other than your basic employment laws.

[quote]there are strict laws on the books in CA that make it impossible for parents to syphon off their kid's acting money.

In theory yes, but they are easily gotten around.

In common law parents are entitled to all their children's wages. This has been modified by codes, for example Coogan's law say 15% must be set aside for the child actor.

But that is earned money. If a child makes a million dollars, 15% goes to his agent. Often his parents. Another 10% will go to a publicist and other "acting" promoters.

Then you add in lawyers, accountants, investment agents and it's easy to see a child star who earned a million dollars over a child career could lose half of that to expenses.

So of a million dollars only a $500 grand will be his.

And the parents legally must trust only 15% of that amount to the kid. In this case 15% of $500,000 is only $75,000.

And remember parents can hold be multiple things. A parent can be thier kid's agent, publicist, and accountant and siphon money off like that.

And what is left is easily manipulated.

Coogan's law states unauthorized use by the parents is considered, by law, stealing.

But it's incredibly easy to get authorization from a judge.

Johnny Whitaker from Family Affair, said when he turned 18 his financial statements said, he earned about 12 million as an actor. But he only saw $800,000. The rest was used for fees and for financing his sibling's education. He was from a large family in Utah.

His father went to the judge and said, the entire family was giving up things by living in LA for Johnny's career and it's only fair that he give things back to his siblings and the parents got that approved.

Jodie Foster's brother Buddy, said, his mother put his money in a trust then got permission to use the trust as collateral to buy houses. His mother promptly bought houses in his name and his sibling's name.

So when he turned 18 he had wealth but no way to access it. To get the money he would have to have his sibling buy him out. Which they couldn't afford to do. (Except for Jodie). So to get the money he would have had to sue his other sisters and force the sale, thus rendering them homeless.

But to Buddy's credit, he says in retrospect he was lucky he didn't do that or get his hands on the money as he was already a hard drinker at 18 and would've simply blow the money on drugs, even possibly killing himself in the process he noted.

by Anonymousreply 12310/07/2012

good call r121. Hollywood loves a comeback. I would not be surprised if this whole thing were a stunt to get Erin on DWTS.

by Anonymousreply 12410/07/2012

I still don't buy that Erin Moran is a DL fave.

by Anonymousreply 12510/07/2012

Terrific post, R123. It's so nice when people who seem to actually know what they're talking about post here. Even better, when it's well-written and modulated.

by Anonymousreply 12610/07/2012

Remember "Mad About You"? That show was huge and Helen Cunt was the first star to get a million dollars per episode. It was in syndication for maybe 3 years at the most. It's forgotten today.

Some shows went on for years in syndication --- Gilligan's Island, Mary Tyler Moore, F Troop, All in the Family. (I mention F Troop because at least two generations of kids knew that "Eet Ees Balloon!" remark from commercials for F Troop). not to mention I Love Lucy and The Honeymooners.

Looks like Seinfeld and Friends are the most recent shows that have gone into long term syndication. I mean, who still sees reruns of Wings or Cheers on TV anymore? TV shows by and large don't do 30 years of syndication anymore.

by Anonymousreply 12710/07/2012

I've been reliving "Happy Days" by watching the DVDs. I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to set up the DVD player in Erin's guest room along with the "Happy Days" DVDs, or if that may be too painful for her to look back on her troublesome career.

by Anonymousreply 12810/07/2012

The latest on Erin: An attempt to break in to her mother-in-law's trailer:

[quote]The situation got so tense that Steve’s mom threatened to call the police if Erin didn’t leave imme­diately, said the source. “She finally did leave, but Steve’s mom was right on her heels, chasing her out of the trailer, shouting at Erin as she made her way across the yard to their car. “Steve’s mom was standing in the street in a nightgown and hair curlers, and the two women were screaming profani­ties at each other.”

[quote]When it looked like the situation might escalate to physical violence, Steve finally in­tervened and managed to get Erin into their car. “It’s evident that Erin’s living situation has become more dire than ever before,” added the source. “She’s desperate and quickly run­ning out of options.”

by Anonymousreply 12910/10/2012

Henry Winkler to the rescue of DL favorite Erin Moran!

Will "homeless and haggard" Erin become a guest star on Arrested Development?

[quote]Sources say the bighearted actor wants homeless and haggard Erin to join him on “Arrested Develop­ment.” “Henry is absolutely shattered over what’s become of Erin,” a source close to the beloved star told The ENQUIRER. “He desperately wants to help her get back on her feet – and what better way to do it than with a role on ‘Arrested Development’?”

by Anonymousreply 13010/17/2012

Where was Henry Winkler when Rox Kelly (aka Pinky Tuscadero) needed help?

by Anonymousreply 13110/24/2012

Almost heaven Indiana

White wife beaters and a red bandana

Life is dull there, there ain't even trees

Only where corn grew, and of course the fleas

by Anonymousreply 13210/24/2012

[quote]Where was Henry Winkler when Rox Kelly (aka Pinky Tuscadero) needed help?

Eating out my pussy.

by Anonymousreply 13310/24/2012

Radar says DL favorite Erin Moran is now writing a book!

Oh, and she was confirmed for a taping of "Dr. Phil" where she should get help, but she never showed.

--

Happy Days star Erin Moran has become a recluse after a series of bizarre incidents showing her personal life spiraling out of control, and RadarOnline.com has learned exclusively that she’s writing a book about her troubled life.

The actress who shot to stardom as Joanie Cunningham was kicked out of the trailer park where she was staying and is now holed up in an Indiana hotel room writing a book about the difficulty of finding fame at a young age.

"She’s working on an autobiography, which she hopes will help her settle some debts she has.

"Every time she ventures out, whether it’s to a bar to grab a drink or even to the supermarket for some groceries, Erin seems to land in hot water.

"Her husband Steve [Fleischmann] has been helping her stay out of trouble – but they just don’t leave their hotel room anymore," the source revealed.

by Anonymousreply 13411/09/2012

The guest room is still available, Erin. If you're out there.

by Anonymousreply 13501/10/2013

Oh it's the Joanie Show, the Joanie Show, you're positively gonna love the Joanie Show

There Joanie and what is more

You'll never see Jenny Piccolo, that whore

In a giant jar lives our Joanie friend

Her names is Erin Moran she's the meanest on end

And here's the star of the show

(Thank you folks)

Joanie well what do you know

Ready here we go, it's the Joanie Show...

by Anonymousreply 13601/11/2013

Erin, can't wait for your "Joanie" show. Will Chachi make some guest appearances and show off his sizemeat?

by Anonymousreply 13701/11/2013

It's "Joanie's Tchotchkes", [r122],

by Anonymousreply 13801/11/2013

Now DL favorite Erin Moran has developed a taste for the ladies!

Brawling in a bowling alley... oh, Joanie!

[quote]ERIN MORAN is ready to dump her husband to become a lesbian – that’s the latest shocking claim about the former “Happy Days” cutie, whose once-glam­orous life has seemingly crumbled into a seedy quagmire of heavy boozing and cheap hotels, say sources. And Erin’s humiliated husband of 20 years, Steve Fleischmann, seems ready to say good riddance to the onetime child star after her outrageous display with another woman during a wild night of drinking in a Corydon, Ind., bowling alley.

by Anonymousreply 13901/17/2013

The Enquirer can't get enough of this DL favorite turned "bitter, middle-aged boozer" in a new article about stars who've become homeless:

[quote]HAPPY DAYS have come and gone for the actress who played Richie’s kid sister Joanie. The former child star has gone from a sitcom cutie to a bitter, middle-age boozer who has bounced around from motel to motel after being thrown out of the trailer she was sharing with her mother-in-law. ...

What happened to the plans for her to star in "Celebrity Swan"?

by Anonymousreply 14011/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.