Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Zac Efron addresses gay rumors

[quote]I don’t like to live in fear about things like rumors and backlash to begin with -- that’s the way I was raised -- but I just can’t see what’s so wrong about being gay.

A toe out of the closet?

by Anonymousreply 4212/26/2013

not gay

by Anonymousreply 109/20/2012

Don't think he's gay either. Just a boy who used to be pretty.

by Anonymousreply 209/20/2012

Word on the street is he is a total pussy-hound, albeit a very discreet one. His attitude is not much different from a lot of guys his age. Being gay is not considered some terrible thing by many in the twenty-something crowd.

by Anonymousreply 309/20/2012

[quote]Word on the street is he is a total pussy-hound

Oh, please.

by Anonymousreply 409/20/2012

OP, did you seriously expect to get a useful answer from a bunch of delusional queens who think everyone is gay or should be?

by Anonymousreply 509/20/2012

I find it curious that nowhere in the interview does he slip in "I'm straight" or "I'm not gay." Most actors in this situation would say, "I'm straight but . . ." or "As a straight guy . .."

by Anonymousreply 609/20/2012

"Word on the street" has become the lazy just-out-of-college PR intern's go-to phrase on DL lately -- am I the only one who's noticed this?

by Anonymousreply 709/20/2012

That is the word on the street, r7.

by Anonymousreply 809/20/2012

I don't know if he's straight or gay (I kind of lean towards gay but that's just speculations) but I wonder what guy who is really straight and supports gays, can say without offending gays? It's somewhat of an impossible situation. Having to "deny" you are gay is insulting because it assumes there's something wrong you have to deny. Not "denying" it makes people think you're indeed gay. Denying has some people also think you're gay and trying too hard.

There's no winning really.

by Anonymousreply 909/20/2012

r6 even if he said that you wouldn't believe him anyways.

I think his response was very appropriate. Not defensive (as if being gay is such a bad thing) and not homophobic (as most actors inadvertently do when replying to gay rumors).

by Anonymousreply 1009/20/2012

I'd like to see he and Chace Crawford gettin busy. Oh yes I would.

by Anonymousreply 1109/20/2012

If Zac Efron were straight (or trying to affirm it), the Advocate would have asked "THE QUESTION" and his publicists would have had him answer it.

The Advocate is notorious for letting us know that Actor X, though "straight", is cool with the gay rumours.

Nowhere in that piece does Efron or the Advocate say he's straight. He's dated a girl and done enough bathing in pussy talk.

One hopes that if he point-blank says he's straight and he's not, he'd feel uncomfortable about saying it to a gay magazine and pulling a Kevin Spacey, Tom Cruise, etc.

The tide is turning. He has to see that. If he's bisexual or gay, he'll be laughed if he lies and one day wants to be truthful.

Unless the Advocate changed its policy of inning celebrities and not asking them about their sexuality, someone said "let's not go there."

by Anonymousreply 1209/20/2012

by Anonymousreply 1309/20/2012

I agree, he is not gay, rumours about actors like Zac and Jake G was the reason i stop coming here.

by Anonymousreply 1409/20/2012

She's gay!

by Anonymousreply 1609/20/2012

Faulty logic r9, somewhat addressing the rumors and saying how cool you are with gay people, gives people the impression that you're straight. It's a good way to say you're not gay and get brownie points for being such a nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 1709/20/2012

He is taking baby (gay) steps with this interview.

by Anonymousreply 1809/20/2012

Watch an episode of "Summerland" when he was 17 and before Hollywood really got a hold on him and tell that's a pussy hound.

by Anonymousreply 1909/20/2012

Maybe you're right r17.

by Anonymousreply 2009/20/2012

We STILL live in a world in which masculine/leading men/young leading men who are gay will date girls/women and lie about being gay.

Most of the actors who've come out -- Jesse, NPH, T.R., they all play comic foils or nerd best friends.

When women slept with George on GREY'S they'd go to him and say: That was the biggest mistake of my LIFE! You are my BEST FRIEND!

Did they ever do that to McSteamy or McCreamy?

No. Sleeping with Eric Dane and Patrick D. are never referred to as 'mistakes.'

by Anonymousreply 2109/20/2012

It's kinda funny how straight frau types think ALL of Hollywood's leading men are "straight."

Girl, if you ONLY knew how few are . . .

by Anonymousreply 2209/20/2012

He's gay. Everyone in town knows he's gay. He knows he's gay. His tricks know he's gay. His "girlfriends" know he's gay.

And he says here he just can't see what's so wrong about being gay.

SO, you assholes here, even if you get tired of people insisting others are gay, the question for you on this gay site, as you snark and piss about it, before you let the door smack you on your nasty asses on the way out, is,

what's so wrong about being gay?

by Anonymousreply 2309/20/2012

Oh, hell, let's just watch this.

by Anonymousreply 2409/20/2012

"Word on the street is he is a total pussy-hound"

And that street is Queen of Denial Boulevard.

by Anonymousreply 2509/20/2012

I don't know. I liked the reponse R9 gave. I also don't know what he is and I don't care. It's his damn business. But I wouldn't be shocked to find out he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 2609/20/2012

As r6 predicted, a useless thread with queens who know nothing acting like they know everything.

by Anonymousreply 2709/20/2012

[quote]Word on the street is he is a total pussy-hound

I'm on the street right now and I haven't heard that word at all!!

by Anonymousreply 2809/20/2012

No one ever asks them if they're "bi." They can deny gay if they're bi. Or even if they've been with one woman one time.

by Anonymousreply 2909/20/2012

[quote]They can deny gay if they're bi. Or even if they've been with one woman one time.

As well they should.

by Anonymousreply 3009/20/2012

If he was gay I don't think he would've said that.

by Anonymousreply 3109/20/2012

There is no proof he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 3209/21/2012

All I know is the child seems to wear more make-up than Julie Chen.

by Anonymousreply 3309/21/2012

It sounds like Zac is all grown up and very mature now.

by Anonymousreply 3409/21/2012

There is also not a lot of proof he is straight R32. I mean a relationship with his co-star from highschool musical doesn't really smell of obvious authenticity.

I have no idea what his sexuality is, but I can understand why some might think he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 3509/21/2012

I know a lot of gay men think Chris Evans is hot. But you can tell he's straight by his "I'm down with the gays, but I don't go in gay bars" schtick.

by Anonymousreply 3609/21/2012

"All I know is the child seems to wear more make-up than Julie Chen."

Link please.

by Anonymousreply 3709/21/2012

[quote]rumours about actors like Zac and Jake G was the reason i stop coming here.

Word on the street is that r14 is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 3809/23/2012

His response actually makes me like him now. He didn't get all anti-gay like that piece of shit Jeremy Renner. I think I just might spend money at a Zac Effron movie next time. Good for Zac for such a nice, respectful response.

by Anonymousreply 3909/23/2012

Bomp, bomp

Bubble, lubba, lubba, lipton

Bubble till you feel the beat

Bomp, bomp

Joy till reach defeat

Bubble, lubba, lubba, lippton

Bubble till you have no doubt

Bomb, bomp

Joy's what it's all about

Bomp, bomp

Bubble till you're on your feet

Bomp, bomp

A simulated Holland treat

by Anonymousreply 4003/05/2013

R24...that video was friggin funny.

by Anonymousreply 4103/06/2013

So is it Kwanzaa yet?

by Anonymousreply 4212/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!