Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Facts of Life star Lisa Whelchel 'secretly ends marriage after 23 years'

Facts of Life star-turned-minister Lisa Whelchel has ended her marriage after 23 years, it has been claimed.

The actress, 49, who is about to star in the upcoming season of Survivor: Philippines, has three children with pastor Steve Cauble, 62.

Lisa waited until their youngest child, 19, went away to college before quietly filing for divorce in Denton County, Texas, in December 2011, according to the National Enquirer.

Cauble, who is 13 years Lisa's senior, didn't contest it.

Only a few family members and close friends even know about the split, but the couple has been living separate lives for months now, with Cauble buying a new bachelor pad in North Texas, according to the report.

The sitcom star was 25 and a born-again Christian when she wed Cauble in 1988.

The Facts of Life had just ended and, as she claimed in her 2001 autobiography, she was encouraged by her father to marry Steve, who was one of the pastors at her church.

She did marry him and they lived in Sherman Oaks, CA for many years before moving to Lantana, Texas in 2006.

Lisa can now be seen on the 25th season of Survivor.

On Survivor: Phillippines, which starts airing Wednesday night on CBS, Lisa is a member of the Tandang tribe.

Lisa must compete against 17 other castaways while stranded in an isolated area in the Camamoan Islands, in humid, uncomfortable conditions.

This was a challenge for Lisa, who has authored several Christian-themed books and runs the women's support group Momtime Ministries which she founded in 2000.

Then again, Lisa had to face the hard facts of reality as a teen growing up in front of the camera.

Behind the scenes on The Facts of Life, TV bosses pressured her to shed excess pounds and sent her to a weight loss center, 'three of them,' she says.

None of them worked and producers finally decided to let the girls just be the size nature intended them to be.

'I'm so grateful that it turned out the way it did,' Whelchel said. 'I looked like a normal teenage girl. We looked like normal teenage girls. You didn't have to be a size two.'

The years have been kind to Lisa.

Appearing at the CBS's Survivor fall premiere party in West Hollywood Tuesday night, Lisa looked glowing and youthful in a belted black dress and cowboy boots.

by Deserves its own threadreply 18501/01/2013

Do you see what you awful, terrible gays did by getting married? You're ruining marriages left and right!

by Deserves its own threadreply 109/19/2012

She looks fabulous in the photos!

by Deserves its own threadreply 309/19/2012

I'm happy for her, she sounded miserable for a long time and now she has a whole new chapter to explore. I really hope she doesn't make me hate her on Survivor.

by Deserves its own threadreply 509/19/2012

[quote]Only a few family members and close friends even know about the split, but the couple has been living separate lives for months now, with Cauble buying a new bachelor pad in North Texas

More like a CONFIRMED bachelor pad, ifyaknowwhatimean...

by Deserves its own threadreply 609/19/2012

Is her brother still hot?

by Deserves its own threadreply 709/19/2012

Maybe Lisa is changing. The kids are grown up and all away from home.

From what I've read (out of Lisa's own mouth) it never seemed like they were truly in love.

by Deserves its own threadreply 809/19/2012

Steve is 62?

by Deserves its own threadreply 909/19/2012

I'm really liking her thus far on Survivor.

by Deserves its own threadreply 1009/19/2012

So am I!

by Deserves its own threadreply 1209/19/2012

No way. Wow. Good for her.

by Deserves its own threadreply 1309/19/2012

Yeah, R12 - I was going to say R11 is probably more Steve...

by Deserves its own threadreply 1409/19/2012

Irreconcilable Differences = He's a fag and I need to get LAID!

by Deserves its own threadreply 1509/19/2012

Good for her, hopefully she try to find real love now.

by Deserves its own threadreply 1609/19/2012

The truck stops in North Texas must be getting a lot of activity right now.

by Deserves its own threadreply 1709/19/2012

Is Lisa Whelchel a self-righteous, sanctimonious, evil, judgemental, pain-in-the-ass like Kirk Cameron?

by Deserves its own threadreply 1909/19/2012

[quote] Only a few family members and close friends even know about the split,

Datalounge knew!

Wasn't she driving around alone on Christmas Eve or New Year's, "surprise visiting" distant relatives or something? I remember we thought it was bizarre that she would be alone and looking for company on a major holiday.

by Deserves its own threadreply 2009/19/2012

She was on "The Talk" today saying she went on "Survivor" from the first episode and wanted to play very badly. Now why would a devout Christian want to go on a show where she would have to lie and cheat and decieve? Oh yeah, a million dollars.

by Deserves its own threadreply 2109/19/2012

[quote]Wasn't she driving around alone on Christmas Eve or New Year's, "surprise visiting" distant relatives or something? I remember we thought it was bizarre that she would be alone and looking for company on a major holiday.

She was cruising for Christmas cock!

by Deserves its own threadreply 2309/19/2012

Can we assume that she'll shut up about gay marriage because she's a failure at marriage. Can't keep your man happy, Lisa? Loser bitch.

by Deserves its own threadreply 2409/19/2012

I can understand why she went on. If this story is true, she's at a crossroads. Instead of falling into depression, she's putting herself out there, embarking on a great adventure. Sounds corny but I get it. And I respect her for trying this at 49.

(Yes, I can't believe I've become a Lisa booster.)

by Deserves its own threadreply 2509/19/2012

I don't ever recall her speaking against gay marriage. Or am I wrong?

by Deserves its own threadreply 2609/19/2012

I'm single, free, and I'm sucking a different cock every night of the week! With a little Tabasco!

by Deserves its own threadreply 2709/19/2012

I haven't, either. R26. It's possible the board jumped to conclusions because of her self-proclaimed Christianity.

by Deserves its own threadreply 2809/19/2012

Hail clever DL Detectives!

by Deserves its own threadreply 2909/19/2012

[quote] Datalounge knew!

DataLoungers have been discussing it for months on the Lisa Whelchel/what a burger thread

by Deserves its own threadreply 3009/19/2012

Good for her - yayyy! Did anybody (East Coast) see her on "Survivor Phillipines" tonight? 49??? She looks, I think, incredible!!

by Deserves its own threadreply 3109/19/2012

On one of the thread, there's a quote of something she supposedly said or twatted about marriage being between a man and woman.

by Deserves its own threadreply 3209/19/2012

[quote]Is Lisa Whelchel a self-righteous, sanctimonious, evil, judgemental, pain-in-the-ass like Kirk Cameron?

I meet her a couple of years ago, and she was very nice and charming to my gay friends and I. It's hard not to dislike Lisa aka Blair.

by Deserves its own threadreply 3309/19/2012

Didn't she first come to the attention of the DL because of her freakish christer blog? Then we saw hubby Pastor Steve...

Although I never followed it, her blog was fucking hilarious.

by Deserves its own threadreply 3409/19/2012

Personally, I think she's a 'love the sinner, hate the sin' type, whereas Cameron is an all-out hater.

by Deserves its own threadreply 3509/19/2012

R20,

That makes me so sad. It's hard not to like her.

by Deserves its own threadreply 3609/19/2012

[quote]I don't ever recall her speaking against gay marriage. Or am I wrong?

Me either, I think they were confusing her with Kirk Cameron's Holy Roller sister Candace and her Chik-fil A photos.

by Deserves its own threadreply 3709/19/2012

It was so obvious that the husband was closet case. At least know the gay husband can find some dude and she can grow up and get a man who will love her not use her to fake straightness.

by Deserves its own threadreply 3809/19/2012

Not looking forward to next week, the scenes with Lisa crying were heartbreaking. :(

by Deserves its own threadreply 3909/19/2012

Heap your scorn on Jeff Kent - he donated 15 grand to Prop 8 in 2008.

by Deserves its own threadreply 4009/19/2012

But, R39, it is so clear she's not up to it. She was almost knocked off her feet in the ocean by some not very big waves. The chick she was talking to had to catch and steady her. What was she thinking?

by Deserves its own threadreply 4109/19/2012

Here's what Lisa said about being gay.

by Deserves its own threadreply 4209/19/2012

The husband looks gay.

by Deserves its own threadreply 4309/19/2012

Well praying it away obviously didn't work for big gay Steve!

by Deserves its own threadreply 4409/19/2012

Let's not rewrite history just because you people are having orgasms about her divorce and "good looks". I don't recall reading anything Lisa wrote in which she was explicitly anti-gay marriage; however, she wrote numerous posts in her various blogs re homosexuality being wrong and a sin, advocating conversion therapy, etc. She may very well be one these "hate the sin and not the sinner" types, but I'm not going to christen her the new LGBT cheerleader.

by Deserves its own threadreply 4509/19/2012

Isn't the rumor that she got the late-married Nancy McKeon to go through a GayAway program?

by Deserves its own threadreply 4609/19/2012

[quote] She may very well be one these "hate the sin and not the sinner" types, but I'm not going to christen her the new LGBT cheerleader.

Especially if she somehow blames the failure of her marriage on Steve's gayness.

by Deserves its own threadreply 4709/19/2012

Not sure if this is for real, but here's "Lisa Whelchel" answering a question about what to do if you worry you've spawned a gay.

I mean, it reads like a joke, but. . .

[quote]Could My Teen Be Gay?

[quote]We're worried about his disinterest in dating.

[quote]My 16-year-old son's more interested in the arts than in athletics, seems to have no interest in girls, and doesn't have many male friends at school or church. With all the publicity about homosexuality today, we can't help but worry our son could be gay. What should we do?

[quote]Lisa Whelchel:

[quote]You just described my husband, Steve, as a 16-year-old. He was First Chair in band, never dated, and spent more time working and studying than hanging out with the guys. Today we have a healthy 16-year marriage and three wonderful children. So just because your son doesn't resemble the stereotypical high-school boy doesn't mean he's gay.

[quote]Two common threads exist among those who struggle with homosexual tendencies. First, does your son exhibit any signs of childhood molestation or incest? If you suspect this is the case, seek help from a local Christian counselor.

[quote]Then look at the father/son (and for girls, the mother/daughter) relationship. Does your son feel accepted by his father? Is your husband a jock who rejects or even ridicules your son's interest in the arts? Perhaps your son's father isn't even in the picture, either by divorce, absence, death, or passivity.

[quote]The father holds the key to affirming a boy's manhood. Without that blessing, a gaping hole is left in a young man's life. Fortunately, a healing substitute often can be found in a strong father figure. If not, some young men attempt to "cannibalize" other men through homosexual actions to fill that void.

[quote]I know from personal friendships it's possible for someone who struggles with homosexual temptation or who has embraced that lifestyle to find freedom and strength to change. The answer is first found in receiving redemption through Jesus Christ. From there I recommend logging onto www.exodus-international.org or www.lovewonout.com for further information and direction.

by Deserves its own threadreply 4809/19/2012

When did she write that R48?

by Deserves its own threadreply 4909/19/2012

If that post is for real r48, it does seem like she married a homo.

by Deserves its own threadreply 5009/19/2012

Why don't one of you bitches contact Lisa on her Twitter and ask her point-blank how she feels about the gays?

by Deserves its own threadreply 5109/19/2012

Privately, not secretively. She ended her marriage privately.

by Deserves its own threadreply 5209/19/2012

r49 - I have no idea.

r33 - Actually, it's quite easy to dislike a moron who spreads ignorance like she does. Just because she does it with a big smile doesn't mean she's not causing harm.

I'm going to presume all the "you go girl" posts about this hateful POS are from straight women.

by Deserves its own threadreply 5309/19/2012

R49, that was written on a section of her blog, about 10 years ago. Within a few months, she's removed that text with the blurb that R42 found.

And even though other posters here may say otherwise, the stuff at R49 and R42 is the beginning and ending of Lisa's on-the-record mentions of homosexuality. She's never publicly commented on same-sex marriage.

In the 10 years since she wrote that stuff, it seems like Lisa's views have softened on any number of topics relating to Christianity. She no longer takes any kind of hard line on anything.

And I'm sure she's thought of this topic many times as she's come to the likely conclusion that, yes, her husband is gay, and she was manipulated into marrying him.

So, yes, 10 years ago Lisa made some comments about "praying the gay away". And she's said nothing negative about homosexuality since then. She's had ample opportunity to talk about it since then -- she's written three books since then, published stuff on her blog regularly, etc. Seems like she's consciously avoided the topic, really.

by Deserves its own threadreply 5409/19/2012

R48 posted some of the writings I was referencing. Lisa wasn't joking. But go ahead and admire her! Pffffffttt!

by Deserves its own threadreply 5509/19/2012

I wrote this on another thread, but because some people here can't seem to figure out why anyone on Datalounge would be a fan of Lisa or at least interested in her story, I thought I'd repost.

[quote]Child actor who moved to L.A. with her Grandmother. Big, long-running series. Started out as "the pretty one" then had troubles with weight, where the producers of FOL would weigh her each week in front of the whole production staff. Sexually abused. Finds Jesus. Trusts her church, who sets her up with a gay man and marries her off. BABIES! Loses her money in bad investments while husband works as an Assistant Pastor. Gets book contract to write about raising children in a Christian home. Hot-saucing. Feels like a fraud and afraid to let even her closest friends know her feelings of failure. Bankruptcy. Supports family for years by travelling every weekend to one-horse towns to speak at churches for a few hundred bucks + expenses. Relationship with husband a complete failure, but terrified to let anyone know because her whole family's livelihood is based on her being a perfect Christian wife and mother. Kids leave home. Nervous breakdown. Slowly emerges from all this with some honesty, openness and a new identity. Tries to regain her career.

by Deserves its own threadreply 5609/19/2012

r54 - She's "softened" her stance that being gay is a result of unmanliness or pedophilia? What a hero. And how do you know that anyway? She could just as easily be avoiding the topic because she couldn't hack the backlash, not because she's changed her opinion any.

If she suffered in her marriage, it was probably less than the gay kids whose parents put them through de-gaying programs advocated by her.

by Deserves its own threadreply 5709/19/2012

I read her blog for a while, and always got the sense that her hubby was gay. And at least one of her children. That's not a criticism, though. Most of us here are gay, right? But I get the feeling she wanted to change/save him from his gayness. And we all know how successful that sort of thing is, right?!

by Deserves its own threadreply 5809/19/2012

Sounds like the typical midlife crisis when all these "good girl" mom/wife types abandon their families and start trying to ride every cock they see.

by Deserves its own threadreply 5909/19/2012

Do you think she & Mindy Cohn would make a good couple?

by Deserves its own threadreply 6009/19/2012

R57, I agree that what she said about homosexuality being the result of unmanliness and pedophilia is awful. But more than that, it's uneducated. Lots of people who used to believe that no longer believe that. My parents and much of my family though that when I came out to them 15 years ago. But they know better now.

You're right, I don't know for certain what her exact views are today. My feeling is that she's had a change of heart about a lot of things she said and felt in the past, and given the experience she's had with her husband, plus considering the gay friends she has now, it seems like (but yes, only seems like -- I don't know 100%) that she may have changed some of her views on homosexuality.

by Deserves its own threadreply 6109/19/2012

She's still a very sexy woman and could attract the likes of Al Pacino, Noah Wyle, or Ray Lamontagne.

by Deserves its own threadreply 6209/19/2012

r61 - OK, I agree that her story could make for a good Lifetime movie. But only a dumb bitch would let such ignorant statements stand on record without ever amending them.

by Deserves its own threadreply 6309/19/2012

R60 - no Lisa and Nancy.

by Deserves its own threadreply 6409/19/2012

"...it has been claimed"? Oh, fucking Daily Mail.

by Deserves its own threadreply 6509/19/2012

Is Lisa even aware that she was one half of the first lesbian couple in tv history?

by Deserves its own threadreply 6609/19/2012

According to Geri Jewell's memoir, Lisa was incredibly supportive and friendly to her.

by Deserves its own threadreply 6709/20/2012

A 62 year old guy is too old for her. Time to go younger.

by Deserves its own threadreply 6809/20/2012

r67: She was not supportive of Geri Jewell AT ALL! When 'Cousin Geri' joined the cast, her exact words to Norman Lear were, 'why does the tard have to play MY cousin.' And this is true

by Deserves its own threadreply 6909/20/2012

I wonder if the National Enquirer reads DL.

by Deserves its own threadreply 7009/20/2012

This woman abuses her children. Why celebrate her at all. She is a cunt.

by Deserves its own threadreply 7109/20/2012

Another gay hating heterosexual marriage down the tubes, haha.

by Deserves its own threadreply 7209/20/2012

We're all of mixed feelings about Blair -- some are fangurlz, some cast a cold eye.

I think we're all relieved that she's made a break from that difficult life, and are curious to see what see does next.

by Deserves its own threadreply 7309/20/2012

Oops, she is, in fact, anti-gay and/or frighteningly stupid.

From the article:

On her website, Whelchel told a mother worried her son might be gay that, "if a person desires, it is possible to leave behind a homosexual lifestyle. I know this is true because I've seen it come true in the lives of many of my friends. Thousands have been helped, loved, and supported by websites such as Exodus [International] and the many ministries they recommend."

by Deserves its own threadreply 7409/20/2012

She should have done Celebrity Apprentice.

by Deserves its own threadreply 7509/20/2012

That queerty link is something she wrote years ago (around 7 years ago since she said then she'd been married 16 years). If she has, in fact, divorced her husband because he is gay, she would have to have been forced to change her opinion about gays being able to pray themselves straight. She really ought to address it, though. I think she doesn't want to upset her christian fans by saying it's ok to be gay and doesn't want upset the gays by saying otherwise. I wonder if the Women of Faith speaking group fired her because of the divorce. Churches can be strict about that sort of thing. Most of them won't let you be any sort of leader if you've been divorced even once.

by Deserves its own threadreply 7609/20/2012

R56 timeline that they posted makes it sound like she found Jesus after FOL. She became a born again in 1973, I believe, long before Facts. She's never been one of the newly converted ever since she's been in the public eye.

by Deserves its own threadreply 7709/20/2012

r62-What?!!

by Deserves its own threadreply 7809/20/2012

People DO change, you know.

If she

by Deserves its own threadreply 7909/20/2012

I think her husband was one of the people trying to "pray away the gay" and her father encouraging her to marry him was part of his "cure". Ain't gonna happen.

by Deserves its own threadreply 8009/20/2012

She be turnin' em, gurl.

by Deserves its own threadreply 8109/20/2012

I wonder why she didn't want to stay married to this guy.

I just can't put my finger on it.

Hmmmmm.

by Deserves its own threadreply 8209/20/2012

All these posts and no one has taken the Mail to task for describing her footwear in that photo as "cowboy boots."

FOR SHAME, DL.

by Deserves its own threadreply 8309/20/2012

R82 - I wonder what he was looking at on the computer when he QUICKLY closed the window.

by Deserves its own threadreply 8409/20/2012

She was in a prayer group with Donna Summer, Debbie Boone, and Charlene Tilton.

That is like a DL dream cast.

by Deserves its own threadreply 8509/20/2012

I wonder if Steve is going to come out, or will he remain a single "straight" divorced man all his life?

by Deserves its own threadreply 8609/20/2012

With the church he's in, R86? He will stay deeply closeted.

by Deserves its own threadreply 8709/20/2012

I love that video. We're talking Tobias Funke territory.

by Deserves its own threadreply 8809/20/2012

There's an expectation in the uber Christian sects that women are to "help" men with their mental problems, no matter the cost to the gals.

So in some corners, it is Lisa who is thought to be the failure. She may even think this herself, in terms of him.

As for dating, she really can't and remain a Christian. Jesus was pretty clear about that.

by Deserves its own threadreply 8909/20/2012

What a botox queen her old hubby is.

by Deserves its own threadreply 9009/20/2012

Has anybody tried to post a comment about Steve's gayness on the Daily Mail? There aren't many comments and none about this. They probably wouldn't publish.

by Deserves its own threadreply 9109/20/2012

Thank you R56. I started reading her blog for shits and giggles, but began to realize she was covering up a lot and just trying to make the best of the situation she found herself in. She was the one who held that family together financially, so who can blame her now that she's cutting Steve loose?

I may not agree with her beliefs but I give her props for doing her best for her kids. Well - except for the hot sauce craziness.

by Deserves its own threadreply 9209/20/2012

I think Steve is tremendous!

by Deserves its own threadreply 9309/20/2012

He might have the straightest files, but that's the only thing in that video that is straight.

by Deserves its own threadreply 9409/20/2012

Lisa speaks to People! "We will always be friends," Whelchel says. "And we will always be family, too."

by Deserves its own threadreply 9509/20/2012

OMG, R82's video link! I bet he and Marcus Bachmann would get along great.

by Deserves its own threadreply 9609/20/2012

Man, that blog she wrote about their "courtship"- she pretty much had to talk herself into being attracted to him. He never told her he loved her, just that he could 'help her'. Weird, weird, weird.

by Deserves its own threadreply 9709/20/2012

Poor Lisa. She needs to find true love.

by Deserves its own threadreply 9809/20/2012

corky st. clair.

by Deserves its own threadreply 9909/20/2012

Wow, you guys were right.

by Deserves its own threadreply 10009/20/2012

Yeah, it's been pretty clear for a while that something was remiss in their relationship. Some of us came to that conclusion even before the Sumptuous Mother's Day Feast thread on another one. Even before she filed.

Eureka! I made reference to this tweet in the Sumptuos thread and I wasn't able to find it on her Twitter because she deleted it. It's in the Twittering Mind thread. You could see it coming from here:

[quote]Feeling very alone in my empty nest. You'd think I was one of the plagues the way Steve avoids me. I'm sure he (and the Lord) have good reason for it. by: Anonymous reply 114 06/24/2011 @ 12:22AM

Now, of course, her refound fame may force the spotlight on him. How many hits is that video going to get now with more than a few curious folks Googling his name? I think there's going to be some folks putting two and two together: A forced/arranged marriage documented by Lisa herself, the divorce and then watching the video is going to set off some lightbulbs.

by Deserves its own threadreply 10109/20/2012

[quote]Yeah, it's been pretty clear for a while that something was remiss in their relationship

It's AMISS, not remiss.

by Deserves its own threadreply 10209/20/2012

Who is the other guy in the video? His business associate Benji?

by Deserves its own threadreply 10309/20/2012

Steve is so queeny in that video he could be on the New Normal.

by Deserves its own threadreply 10409/20/2012

He was certainly negligent in their relationship, no? And this:

[quote]lacking force or energy; languid; sluggish

seems particularly fitting. That marriage lacked force and energy from day one and Lisa spent years trying to understand why.

by Deserves its own threadreply 10509/20/2012

r105 - I was pointing out that the expression is "something is amiss." Regarding remiss: SomeONE can be remiss but someTHING can't be remiss thus "something was remiss in their relationship" doesn't make sense.

by Deserves its own threadreply 10609/20/2012

Bingo, R15.

by Deserves its own threadreply 10709/20/2012

So remiss can never be used to describe anything but people? Not a situation? If so, I'm mistaken.

by Deserves its own threadreply 10809/20/2012

I grew up in the born again church. So many of the "men" in the church were closeted gays. Looking back, it's shocking. One of the guys is a friend of mine on facebook. He's now 50ish, married with kids. He hits me up, finds out I'm now out snf proud. It took me, oh, about two weeks to get him to send me a picture of his cock.

Fucking hypocrites.

by Deserves its own threadreply 10909/20/2012

How long ago was that, R109? Because I feel like the gay guys in church thing is a relatively new development, it wasn't like that a few decades ago. And yes, I am taking well closeted gays into consideration.

by Deserves its own threadreply 11009/20/2012

Why are there so many gay men(usually closeted or trying to be straight) involved in church? Even aside from the cover it can provide, what is the appeal there? Why does it rarely appeal to more masculine men?

by Deserves its own threadreply 11109/20/2012

She was born again at age 10. She basically had an arranged marriage.

I feel bad for her. She doesn't seem like a mean/evil person, she just seems like she was brainwashed at an early age. That video of her husband is jaw dropping. I can't believe nobody took her aside and told her not to marry a gay guy, it would only end in anguish.

by Deserves its own threadreply 11209/20/2012

R110, I'm 32 and knew this guy in my mid-teens, I guess around 1995,6.

R111, I think it attracts people who have learned to utterly suppress any and all sexual drives. Or, guys who have low sex drives to begin with, so the lack of having the type of sex you want isn't that big of a deal. Women in the church will simply accept the fact their husbands won't fuck them very often in a way secular women wouldn't. My sister is very involved in the church still, and I have heard this complaint from a few of her girlfriends. I just smile and nod. I know what that means.

by Deserves its own threadreply 11309/20/2012

How could Lisa not have been able to tell that Steve was gay? She lived and worked in Hollywood for years; you'd think she would have been clued into the fact that he was obviously a gay man.

by Deserves its own threadreply 11409/20/2012

This sort of goes along with r113's post: Many of these hard-core fundie types believe sexual intercourse is for procreation only, and you can forget about oral sex or any other "unnatural" shit, so that must appeal to the weirdo closet case guys who belong to these churches. They know that the women they marry won't be making many demands on them sexually. I imagine Steve and Lisa hadn't had sex in a long, long time before they broke up.

by Deserves its own threadreply 11509/20/2012

So she knew that she was cast on Survivor before pulling the trigger, right?

by Deserves its own threadreply 11609/20/2012

Did she say anything about it yesterday on her appearance on The Talk?

by Deserves its own threadreply 11709/20/2012

She was talking like she was still happily married on the Talk, it was weird.

by Deserves its own threadreply 11809/20/2012

damn

by Deserves its own threadreply 11909/20/2012

Make sure to watch the video of the gay husband.

DL was right all along.

by Deserves its own threadreply 12009/20/2012

[quote] So grateful for all of the love, support, understanding, benefit-of-the-doubt, and grace today. Thank you deeply.

by Deserves its own threadreply 12209/20/2012

think of the children!

Oh wait. She did.

by Deserves its own threadreply 12309/21/2012

How many 100% straight men will truly follow fundie beliefs of no sex, and often no heavy petting before marriage? It made a little sense when everyone got married as soon as they hit puberty. Fundie women grow up believing that sexuality is a special gift for their husbands. They also are taught that men don't really want or respect provocative demonstrations. Actual sex is often quick and predictable. Easy for those closeted to "prove their masculinity" by having children. Then they have an excuse to become workaholics, and stay emotionally distant from their wives. Fundies usually socialize with the same sex. They claim there's less temptation for extra-marital flirtations. Great cover for gay men too.

by Deserves its own threadreply 12409/21/2012

I am pretty sure he's had sex with men during their marriage. He traveled a lot for his job....

by Deserves its own threadreply 12509/21/2012

OH this is REALLY BIG NEWS. And she is going to appear on Survivor- this rated 125 posts?

by Deserves its own threadreply 12609/21/2012

You must be new here, r126.

THIS IS LISA WHELCHEL WE'RE TALKING ABOUT.

by Deserves its own threadreply 12709/21/2012

Where does he live state wise? Anyone met him

by Deserves its own threadreply 12809/21/2012

Texas

by Deserves its own threadreply 12909/21/2012

How's that sanctity of marriage going Lisa?

by Deserves its own threadreply 13009/21/2012

[quote]So she knew that she was cast on Survivor before pulling the trigger, right?[/quote]

Probably, R116. She posted the video campaigning to get on Survivor in early September, and the divorce papers were filed in December. I have no idea when she actually auditioned for the producers, but given that production was going to begin in March, I would guess that it was before the first of the new year. So, yeah.

Having said that, I think the divorce was a fait accompli whether or not she got Survivor. I suspect she made that decision when she was out on her "vision quest" last summer.

by Deserves its own threadreply 13109/21/2012

Please she's judgemental prig who pretended she had a perfect marriage in the Lord...am I wrong?

by Deserves its own threadreply 13212/23/2012

Yes.

by Deserves its own threadreply 13312/23/2012

R132, yes, you're wrong. She never pretended her marriage was perfect and constantly blogged about how distant they were and how he ignored her and how lonely she was.

by Deserves its own threadreply 13412/23/2012

It wasn't that secretly when we talking about it on this forum?!

by Deserves its own threadreply 13512/23/2012

Jo gonna fuck Blair!!

by Deserves its own threadreply 13612/23/2012

I wonder if this Christmas he is having a better time than cruising down back roads, looking for someone to visit.

by Deserves its own threadreply 13712/23/2012

He's probably spending Xmas with her. Apparently, he's still close to her. In her People mag article he was pictured with the entire family watching Survivor.

by Deserves its own threadreply 13812/23/2012

I love Blair. More Blair Threads!!!!!

by Deserves its own threadreply 13912/23/2012

Semi-arranged marriages are common in all coservative or fundie religions. Young couples are pressured into pairing up, often because their parents or Church elders feel that it would be a good match. The needs of the individual are considered selfish, to be subordinated for the values of the group. Romantic love based on physical attraction or "chemistry," is viewed as temporary. Marriage has traditionally been an economic partnership, a means to produce and care for children to carry on traditions. Many couples actually have long-lasting relationships because the roles are proscribed, they have same-sex support systems, and actually spend little time together without the children present.

by Deserves its own threadreply 14012/23/2012

Her husband has gayface for miles.

And WHAT is that outfit she's wearing in the first photo?

by Deserves its own threadreply 14212/24/2012

I hope Lisa is in favor of gay marriage, since she took part in one for more than 20 years.

by Deserves its own threadreply 14312/24/2012

[quote]Best wishes for Lisa in 2013 -- I wonder what is next for her?

I hear she's dating Jake Gyllenhaal.

by Deserves its own threadreply 14412/24/2012

W&W for R144.

by Deserves its own threadreply 14512/24/2012

R143 & R144 made me laugh.

[quote]Best wishes for Lisa in 2013 -- I wonder what is next for her?[/quote]

In one of her recent interviews, she said she'd like to do a sitcom again - and that she's already had a few offers - but, it would have to be show that brings "light into the world" or some such shit. The sitcoms on network TV are too dark and vulgar for her tastes (I can't remember if she actually used the word vulgar, but that's what she was getting at). Well, that pretty much limits her to the Disney Channel fare....unless TVLAND cooks up something completely innocuous for her, to pair with Scott Baio's "See Dad Run."

What I would DIE to see, because I love a good dose of irony......a guest spot on "Happily Divorced." Lisa knows Peter Marc Jacobson -- they were in an acting class together, and he appeared in an S9 episode of FOL. So she probably score a guest spot, if she wanted it....but I can't that see that happening in light of her recent comments (and her awareness of the speculation about Steve).

Which reminds me.....about a year & a half ago, when Happily Divorced debuted, Lisa tweeted PMJ to say that she had seen Fran & Peter on Oprah, and she was "so happy" for the two of them, and wished them great success with the show. At the time, I was STUNNED -- not only that she felt that way, but more so, that she expressed it publicly! I vaguely wondered if she'd had the tv on mute, and hadn't actually heard what they were talking about. LOL

Now I get it. That interview hit very close to home. A bullseye, in fact.

by Deserves its own threadreply 14612/27/2012

I remember that tweet, R146.

I've never watched Happily Divorced, but I assume the theme is remaining friends after a divorce. (is the ex-husband gay on the show?) I could certainly see Lisa having an interest in such show if that is the theme. It is kind of uplifting if exes can get to that point. I'm sure Jacobson could write an episode that isn't raunchy or whatever.

by Deserves its own threadreply 14712/27/2012

She has sinned against God. I fear she is on her way to hell.

by Deserves its own threadreply 14812/27/2012

R147, yes, the ex-husband on the show is gay. That's the premise. After 20 years of marriage, he realizes he's gay, they divorce, but remain good friends and continue living together (because they can't sell the house). It's more or less based on Fran & Peter's relationship (IRL he came out after they divorced). THAT's what they were talking about on the Oprah episode -- Peter coming out, Fran's acceptance & support, how great their relationship is now, that they will always be best friends, etc.

by Deserves its own threadreply 14912/27/2012

Thanks, r149. If the ex is gay then it's too close to home.

by Deserves its own threadreply 15012/27/2012

[quote]Which reminds me.....about a year & a half ago, when Happily Divorced debuted, Lisa tweeted PMJ to say that she had seen Fran & Peter on Oprah, and she was "so happy" for the two of them, and wished them great success with the show.

Great find -- totally missed it.

by Deserves its own threadreply 15112/28/2012

I didn't watch the Survivor show where the winner is announced - I hate the inane chatting that goes on there. I have wondered if Lisa's showbiz past was brought up then and how the other Survivors reacted to it.

by Deserves its own threadreply 15212/28/2012

Maybe she could join Hot in Cleveland as a fundie bakery owner ("Blair's Blessed Bakery), who tries to bring God to the Godless bitches on the show.

by Deserves its own threadreply 15312/28/2012

Lisa Whelchel was easily the best Mrs. Garrett. I liked Cloris Leachman too but Lisa was better in the part.

by Deserves its own threadreply 15412/28/2012

Happy New Year, Lisa!!

by Deserves its own threadreply 15512/28/2012

[quote]I hope Lisa is in favor of gay marriage, since she took part in one for more than 20 years

Someone posted in twitter that she does support our gays.

by Deserves its own threadreply 15612/28/2012

Is the new season of Survivor over?

by Deserves its own threadreply 15712/28/2012

r157...yes

by Deserves its own threadreply 15812/28/2012

[quote] First gas-up stop on our road trip & they had to call the local fire station. Bit of a spill.

by Deserves its own threadreply 15912/30/2012

[quote]First gas-up stop on our road trip & they had to call the local fire station. Bit of a spill.

Oh dear -- is she driving around again?

by Deserves its own threadreply 16012/30/2012

Look out! She's LA bound in a rented U-Haul!

by Deserves its own threadreply 16112/30/2012

How odd. I'm trying to read her twitter feed, but I'm getting a note from Chrome that twitpic is likely to infect my computer with malware. Hmm.

by Deserves its own threadreply 16212/30/2012

Is she moving back to Los Angeles?

I remember when she lived in Castaic.

by Deserves its own threadreply 16312/30/2012

Yep, she's moving back to L.A. Mindy Cohn is excited to have her back. Seriously.

by Deserves its own threadreply 16412/30/2012

So she drove away from the gas pump with the nozzle still attached?

by Deserves its own threadreply 16512/30/2012

Apparently so, R165. Hilarious. Why is she even messing around with a U-Haul? Surely she can afford a moving company. Just pack up the car with a few essentials & the dog, and be done with it.

by Deserves its own threadreply 16612/30/2012

[quote] Apparently, someone cut our fuel line and tried to siphon out our gas. Replacing hose now. Then "on the road again." #takethegoodtakethebad

by Deserves its own threadreply 16712/30/2012

Mindy and Lisa are already planning to eat...

[quote]@LisaWhelchel: @MindyCohn I'll call you once I get all moved in. Can't wait to have a long catch-up lunch!” we are due. xo.

In other news, poor Mindy has fewer than 600 Twitter followers.

by Deserves its own threadreply 16812/30/2012

Mindy's pretty new to Twitter, so not surprising that she has so few followers. Plus, she really doesn't tweet that much. She has mentioned that she's been going for workouts with Tracy Anderson, so soon Mindy should be looking as strung-out and ropey as Anderson's other clients, Madonna and Gwyneth. No more Happy Magic Marker for Mindy.

Plus, you know the only reason Mindy wants to lunch with Lisa is to get all the gossip about the breakup of her marriage. Mindy's gays are likely demanding information...

Also: Mindy tweeted about going to the movies with her bestie, Jason Gould, a couple weeks ago.

by Deserves its own threadreply 16912/30/2012

Those photos make me think that Lisa's life is now like an update of "One Day at a Time."

WHUP on your FEET, Lisa!

by Deserves its own threadreply 17012/30/2012

Is Mindy a lesbian or a fag hag?

by Deserves its own threadreply 17112/30/2012

Mindy says she likes the peen.

by Deserves its own threadreply 17212/30/2012

That U-haul reminded me of Alice Doesn't Live here Anymore. New hopes, new beginnings...

Did her Jeff Probst shows air already?

by Deserves its own threadreply 17312/31/2012

How is her hot brother doing? Is he gay yet?

by Deserves its own threadreply 17412/31/2012

Poor ol' Lisa -- can't catch a break.

Hopefully, LA will be nicer to her.

by Deserves its own threadreply 17512/31/2012

Who knew that Lisa is actually a grammar (ok punctuation) troll!

by Deserves its own threadreply 17612/31/2012

Another reason to love her!

by Deserves its own threadreply 17712/31/2012

Lisa and Mindy are actually a hoot on twitter.

by Deserves its own threadreply 17812/31/2012

Whatever people may think about Lisa for her views, she's always been a very good writer. I don't think she's ever hired a ghost writer. And she has a good sense of humor and appreciation for the absurd. I'm sure the latter has helped her through many a rough situation.

by Deserves its own threadreply 17912/31/2012

Re: Twitter.... For some reason, I LOVE that Mindy follows Loren Lester, who played Roy -- the dorky delivery guy, who hit on Jo relentlessly, during the Eastland years. I thought he was hilarious! Total dufus, but unwaveringly confident in his view of himself as a ladies' man. He & Mckeon were very funny together.

by Deserves its own threadreply 18001/01/2013

Lester is an in-demand voice actor like Mindy.

He played Dick Grayson/Robin for years on the Batman cartoons along with Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill.

by Deserves its own threadreply 18101/01/2013

Cool...thanks, R181.;) Didn't know that! Good for him! I can see hos he would be good at voicing cartoons,

by Deserves its own threadreply 18201/01/2013

R163

Did she live in Castaic or Saugus?

by Deserves its own threadreply 18301/01/2013

Castaic near the lake and animal shelter.

by Deserves its own threadreply 18401/01/2013

184 I think for a time they used to live in Saugus, off by Copper Hill and the Circle K. They used to live next door to a friend of mine.

by Deserves its own threadreply 18501/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.