Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"Breaking Amish"

Tonight at 10:00 ET on TLC is the second episode ("What Have We Gotten Ourselves Into") about Amish and Mennonite kids exploring NYC. Is anyone here ex-Amish?

by Anonymousreply 11909/30/2013

I respect that they don't give a shit about popular culture.

by Anonymousreply 109/16/2012

There was a thread earlier this summer about gay Amish and several people identified themselves as ex Amish.

by Anonymousreply 209/16/2012

Who are you? Lawrence Welk?

by Anonymousreply 409/16/2012

R4 LMAO! Actually, it's Rumspringa.

by Anonymousreply 509/16/2012

I watched it last week, and while it was entertaining, it's pretty obvious that some of it is fake. Take the case of the girl that got arrested for dwi. She said she was only away from home for two weeks. She never had a driver license before. Who gets a driver license in less than 2 weeks?

by Anonymousreply 609/16/2012

Jeremiah is super sexy. Abe as well.

by Anonymousreply 709/16/2012

Amish have extra hairy balls

by Anonymousreply 809/16/2012

"I respect that they don't give a shit about popular culture"

Really? I gather you didn't read the interviews with these young Amish people, one young woman wants to be a MODEL...!!!

How original and yes, wanting to a model is so far removed from pop culture. Ha-ha.

How and why young Amish people would get involved with a reality show kind of defies their belief system. I'm guessing it's all totally fake.

Just when I was hoping this reality shit was finally dying down, here's yet another absurd 'reality' concept.

Who gives a shit about any of these reality show people. All these 'reality shows' are repetitious scripted nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 909/16/2012

Amish men are uncut and dirty. Talk about red dragon cheese!

by Anonymousreply 1009/16/2012

Didn't they basically do this show like three years ago. They took them to LA instead though.

by Anonymousreply 1109/16/2012

Yes it was LA - about 5 years ago there was a similar series.

This show is going to end badly for all of them. They have no education above 8th grade and no experience with the modern world.

What the hell are they going to do in one of the most expensive and competitive cities in the world - all by themselves?

It's exploitive to give these kids this "dream" of NYC. Can't they put them in some middle ground place so they can maybe learn how to adapt? What the hell are they going to do when taping ends? They can't go back home and they can't support themselves.

by Anonymousreply 1209/16/2012

Cold Case did an episode about what happens to some Amish in the city...

by Anonymousreply 1309/16/2012

I predict Jeremiah is gay-for-pay to make ends meet after the show ends.

by Anonymousreply 1409/16/2012

after a good washing, nothing better than a muscled Amish boy all hard and wanting their cock sucked if you are lucky they will fuck you

by Anonymousreply 1509/16/2012

OMG, Big Bertha, my future mother-in-law, has come to visit! Now, where the fuck did I put my teeth?

by Anonymousreply 1609/16/2012

It's called Rumspringa - it's the final fling before committing whole hog to the cause.

A lot of them don't go back once they've experienced the real world.

by Anonymousreply 1709/17/2012

I hope Sabrina, the Mennonite girl, can leave her past behind. Sounds like her adoptive parents never really accepted her as their own.

by Anonymousreply 1809/17/2012

For a closed and rural society, and one where Pennsylvania Dutch is the first language, you would think that these kids would be speaking in a more archaic and provincial manner, but there they were using modern constructs like, "I was like..." (instead of "I said"), and "That just pisses me off!" If they're not allowed to mix with the English or watch TV and listen to the radio (except the Mennonite girl), where would they get this from? And the girl who wants to be a model was shifting her vowels the way teenage girls from California do. I'm going along with R6 and R9 and say that it's fake.

by Anonymousreply 1909/17/2012

Another basically fake reality series. I would love a behind the scenes show literally "outing" these fake reality shows. Perhaps showing the shooting of a scripted real scene, or a director interrupting a conversation to change the tone. Wonder what that would do to the ratings of all the bullshit on Bravo and TLC?

by Anonymousreply 2009/17/2012

r16, Bertha is the name of a mother on the NatGeo series about the Hutterites in South Dakota.

by Anonymousreply 2109/17/2012

The show is giving them big bucks. They spent $112 at an East Side supermarket. Kate looks like an actress playing a character.

by Anonymousreply 2209/17/2012

I grew up Mennonite, but not THAT kind of Mennonite. Sabrina is from a small "old order" sect of Mennonites that has clung to the old ways of 200 years ago. There are a few of those sects scattered across North America.

The majority of Mennonites today live completely normal secular lives. They live in cities, have normal jobs, go to college, make use of all the usual modern amenities and technology, and interact with the rest of the world in a normal manner. You wouldn't know they were Mennonite unless they told you.

Many of these modern Mennonites go to church and practice what used to be a gentler, more peaceful and loving version of evangelical Christianity. Unfortunately they're becoming influenced by the hateful fundies.

Anyway, I hate to say it but I don't usually tell people I'm Mennonite. It conjures up all sorts of funny ideas that I just don't have the time or energy to explain. Or maybe I'm the one with funny ideas.

by Anonymousreply 2409/17/2012

Oh, and about the show. I find it exploitative and silly. It's a typical shallow reality show and doesn't explore the Amish way of life very deeply.

by Anonymousreply 2509/17/2012

I do sympathize with the two kids who were adopted into that life. It's one thing to know you're adopted, but then to be forced into such an austere way of living has to be difficult to come to terms with as a young adult.

It strikes me as odd that those kind of adoptions can happen.

Then again - all of the situations seem to be rather atypical. 2 adopted kids, one Amish born out of wedlock, one Bishop's daughter - these kids were on the outside even in their own community.

by Anonymousreply 2609/17/2012

I was also surprised that a judge and social services would approve Amish adoptions. Yet the Amish are actively encourage to adopt from outside their communities to broaden the gene pool.

by Anonymousreply 2709/17/2012

Of course it's a fake show. Where do you think they get the money for a midtown hotel? For shopping at the Food Emporium? For cabfare from LaGuardia?

How are they suddenly hanging over the rails of some privately-owned penthouse patio? Do you think the average tourist walks up to some doorman and asks if he can buzz the owner of the penthouse and ak if they can hang out for a while? They are 5 oddly dressed people being followed around the streets by a camera crew. There's nothing vaguely realistic about it.

Then there's the fake crushes/dislikes. What's with the false teeth not being stored in a container with water? If that Amish girl truly stored her dentures in her cap every night., they'd warp and wouldn't fit anymore. The whole "Let's steal her dentures and hide them!" is as false as those teeth. Manufactured drama and the girl with the false teeth is in on the phony prank.

by Anonymousreply 2809/17/2012

Rebecca's lack of teeth will be an advantage when she pleasures Abe.

by Anonymousreply 2909/17/2012

Yeah, the whole thing is fake, but I felt sorry for the guy who said he could barely read. Plus, don't you think it's strange that they aren't married - granted Jeremiah is no catch but for obvious reasons, the amish don't generally wait until in their 30s to get married.

I don't think there's anything wrong with not following in your family traditions, whatever those happen to be but aside from the obvious fakeness people have already pointed out, this bunch seems like a bunch of lost souls especially the adopted girl. I predict ODs from at least one of this bunch within a year.

by Anonymousreply 3009/17/2012

lol R4, i'm not american...sorry, i just got the word wrong. but i did remember the show.

by Anonymousreply 3109/17/2012

How do you keep 'em down on the farm after they've seen Pa-reeee?! Or in this case NYC.

by Anonymousreply 3209/17/2012

Not sure if it's true or not, but Jeremiah has been out of the Amish tradition for a while, he's supposedly divorced and has 3 kids.

Found this link in the comment section of HuffPo's Meet the Amish.

Wouldn't shock me at all if it's true.

by Anonymousreply 3309/17/2012

R24, isn't Jonathan Groff a Mennonite? Or at least one of his parents was... or something.

by Anonymousreply 3409/17/2012

[quote][R24], isn't Jonathan Groff a Mennonite? Or at least one of his parents was... or something.

His father is Mennonite. From Pennsylvania. IT sounds like he had a normal "worldly" upbringing, however. One that included church, but still.

by Anonymousreply 3509/18/2012

And while we're on the subject of the show being fake ... of course it is. We all know that. It's TLC, afterall.

It's implausible that a group of Amish kids would all decide to live in NYC together. If they were going to leave the colony at all it's much more likely they would go to a small town or a small city nearby. They wouldn't suddenly decide to go to the largest, busiest city in the country.

by Anonymousreply 3609/18/2012

Yeah I was dissapointed to find out it was fake. I wonder why the mainstream media hasnt picked up on it.

They were all Amish and have their backgrounds. But TLC is proclaiming this is the first time out for them. Which is not true. Its not even a recreation of events.

by Anonymousreply 3709/18/2012

[quote]I wonder why the mainstream media hasnt picked up on it.

BEcause everyone knows it's fake.

by Anonymousreply 3809/18/2012

And another thing ... if they leave the colony and move to the city to live as "worldly people" they would immediately ditch their Amish clothes and wear what other young people are wearing. They would try to blend and fit into their new surroundings as much as possible. They certainly wound't parade around Manhattan in their floor length dresses, nurses shoes, and white caps.

This could have been an interesting exploration into young people leaving their Amish communities and learning to adjust to their new lives. But TLC decided to make it a cheap, fake, tacky spectacle.

Everyone look and laugh at the Amish freaks! Aren't they funny?

It makes me sick.

by Anonymousreply 3909/18/2012

[quote]does anyone remember the reality show where they would put some amish during their "springa"-time in a house with a couple of regular loons? 2005ish?

Yeah, it was called "Amish in the City" from summer 2004. I watched it and it seemed sincere, though a bit on the "Real World" side. But not as badly staged as this one. They let you know they'd been away from the colony for a while, and only one, Ruth, went back to the Amish lifestyle. Last I heard, she's still there, married.

The one hottie (non-Amish) was Kevan, the half-Iranian guy. He was so swarthy and handsome and a total cheeseball. He's a stand-up comic now.

by Anonymousreply 4009/18/2012

Mose Gingerwich from "Amish in the City" hosts NatGeo's "Out of Order." He runs an organization in Missouri to help ex-Amish.

by Anonymousreply 4109/18/2012

Wow, that's impressive, R41. Mose seemed the least likely of the group to not go back to the Amish lifestyle. Any more details on the organization?

by Anonymousreply 4209/18/2012

r42, Mose has a blog.

by Anonymousreply 4309/19/2012

The hotels rooms are $499 a night!

by Anonymousreply 4409/20/2012

Kate almost sounds like she has a southern accent.

This show proves my theory that a group of three women can't be friends. Two always gang up on one. Who knew there were Amish mean girls.

by Anonymousreply 4509/20/2012

Thinking that the Amish are all sweet and kind is the same as believing that priests, brothers and sisters in religious communities are all loving and caring.

by Anonymousreply 4609/20/2012

[quote] This show proves my theory that a group of three women can't be friends.

This show proves you are an idiot.

It's manufactured drama, you gullible tool.

Jeebus, this place has gone downhill.

The very fact that they show a set of dentures not being stored in a container of water shows how fake it is.

by Anonymousreply 4709/20/2012

Not so innocent.

by Anonymousreply 4809/20/2012

R21, I think that was probably a different Bertha.

by Anonymousreply 4909/20/2012

r21 here. Your right, 49, I should have said "Bertha is also the name.."

by Anonymousreply 5009/21/2012

Here's a true Amish reality event in Ohio.

by Anonymousreply 5109/21/2012

Ugh!!! They ALL need haircuts, R48. The state should demand it. They look busted. Ew!!!!

by Anonymousreply 5209/21/2012

Are there more than two episodes?

by Anonymousreply 5309/21/2012

There are ten, two have aired. Upcoming episodes are here.

by Anonymousreply 5409/21/2012

Is 'Breaking Amish' fake? Evidence shows reality hit is staged

By Jean Bentley, September 20, 2012 10:30 PM ET

We sat through years of "The Hills," so by now as savvy TV viewers we're aware that so-called reality TV isn't quite as spontaneous and unscripted as we'd like. But after learning that TLC's series "Breaking Amish," about Amish and Mennonite people living modern lives in New York City, is possibly staged, we can't help but feel a little lied to.

In the official description of the show from TLC and production company Hot Snakes Media, it's said that the former Amish and Mennonite subjects of the show are leaving their isolated communities for the first time. But evidence unearthed on social media sites like MySpace and Facebook and compiled on several blogs, most notably one called "X Amish Atheist," shows that most of the subjects have not been Amish for some time. In fact, they have children and arrest records that prove otherwise.

Kate, an aspiring model, was arrested for a DUI in Florida before signing up for the show. Although it's mentioned on "Breaking Amish," it's not mentioned that she's apparently been submitting photos to modeling sites for a few years now -- definitely not very Amish.

Rebecca and Abe are portrayed as two strangers with a shy flirtation, but apparently in real life they have a child together. And Jeremiah has reportedly been living outside of the Amish community for as many as 14 years, and is divorced with three kids.

For what it's worth, Hot Snakes Media says that the controversy will be addressed on future episodes of the show. "There is a lot of information floating around about the group featured on 'Breaking Amish.' Much of it is not true, but some of it is -- and is addressed in upcoming episodes," the company says in a statement to Variety.

"Our Amish and Mennonite producers that we hired introduced us to Amish and Mennonite men and women who were already determined to leave," the company says. "They had already made the decision to go out and see the world, with or without us. They courageously allowed us to follow them on this journey."

by Anonymousreply 5509/21/2012

[quote]"Our Amish and Mennonite producers ....

Uh. no. I am 99% sure that a member of an Amish sect would not be permitted to be a producer or otherwise be associated with the outside word. Perhaps they managed to find one of the very few Amish communities that are actually more liberal the Old Order Mennonites, but I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 5609/21/2012

This story has their pictures.

by Anonymousreply 5709/22/2012

If you want to see hot Amish guys, watch National Geographic Out of Order. The ex-Amish boys are so hot.

by Anonymousreply 5809/22/2012

And they're all uncut.

by Anonymousreply 5909/22/2012

Tonight's episode "Breaking All Rules." The cast grow more comfortable in the city when they get wardrobe makeovers and tattoos, and Kate and Rebecca mull modeling careers, but surprise visits by Abe's and Rebecca's families could put an end to this experiment.

by Anonymousreply 6009/23/2012

From NY Daily News 9/22/12:

Apparently the Amish are great at building barns — and fooling TV producers.

The makers of “Breaking Amish” are probing how at least one member of the hot TLC reality show’s cast — supposedly fresh-faced Amish and Mennonites who had never been exposed to the outside world — hid the fact that this person had already lived outside the closed community, got married, had children and was divorced.

A source close to the show told The News that as filming went on, it became clear that this cast member, and possibly another one, had misrepresented themselves.

In a statement, TLC said the issues are addressed in future episodes of the series.

[bold][italic]“There is a lot of information floating around about the group featured on Breaking Amish,” reads a network statement. “Much of it is not true, but some of it is — and is addressed in upcoming episodes.”[/bold][/italic]

The source said even though all the members of the cast were vetted as thoroughly as possible, the Amish and Mennonite communities do not keep as accurate records as mainstream society.

“Breaking Amish” is only two episodes into its 10-episode run.

The first two episodes, which aired Sept. 9 and 16, have averaged about 3 million viewers, making it TLC’s most-watched series premiere in three years and a much stronger performer than the network’s other white-hot show, “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.”

by Anonymousreply 6109/23/2012

New episode tonight.

by Anonymousreply 6209/23/2012

I want to know why that one girl doesn't have any teeth.

Also, how can that Jeremiah guy have been out of the Amish community for 14 years and have 3 kids? He doesn't look much older than 21-25!

by Anonymousreply 6309/23/2012

Jeremiah is 32.

by Anonymousreply 6409/23/2012

Any gays on this show? I've never watched.

by Anonymousreply 6509/23/2012

Abe is adorable, Jeremiah not so much.

by Anonymousreply 6609/23/2012

Jeremiah looks like total hustler trash after his "English" makeover.

by Anonymousreply 6709/23/2012

Shit....Jeremiah is 32?!

by Anonymousreply 6809/23/2012

Rebecca has blonde highlights in the front of her hair, something is phony going on.

by Anonymousreply 6909/24/2012

Kate does have big teeth.

by Anonymousreply 7009/24/2012

What surprises me is the amount of profanity they all use. They didn't pick that up in their closed Amish/Mennonite communities.

by Anonymousreply 7109/24/2012

[quote]What surprises me is the amount of profanity they all use. They didn't pick that up in their closed Amish/Mennonite communities.

Duh, that's because it's all fake.

by Anonymousreply 7209/24/2012

Amish don't go to the dentist; I've seen plenty of them with really awful teeth.

by Anonymousreply 7309/24/2012

Apparently Abe and Rebecca have been a couple for some time and have a child. (Lots of good tea at the link.)

by Anonymousreply 7409/24/2012

How much of a nightmare will this be for TLC? If they say things will be revealed in time, then it'll be interesting to see what they do about it. There's no way producers of the show couldn't have known any of these things about these people. It's not that difficult to trace someone's life on the internet, nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 7509/25/2012

In last night's episode, Sabrina, the Mennonite, yearns to get in touch with her Puerto Rican roots, so she walks around Manhattan, in Mennonite garb(!), asking random people where one would go to soak in some PR culture. One man tells her to go to Astoria. So she hops on a train to Queens and out of the blue she has a job interview with two pretty PR sisters, the owners(?) of a PR-themed restaurant. They take an instant liking to her and take her to a beauty salon for a full makeover, followed by a shopping spree to make her look more Nuyorican. What potential employer does that?!

The producers aren't even [italic]trying[/italic] to make this "reality" show believable. And can they be any more obvious in making Kate look like a mental case?

by Anonymousreply 7610/01/2012

Not to mention Kate and Rebecca just waltzed into a modeling agency and were seen by two men who told them to get into bathing suits and that Kate had potential. Kate doesn't have potential. She has big teeth and ordinary looks. She is not thin enough to be a runway model and not notable enough to be any other kind of a model.

And it was funny how Rebecca became all demure about bathing suits when there is a photo of her online in a bikini from more than a year ago. Plus she has the baby with Abe hiding out somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 7710/01/2012

My partner and I have caught bits and pieces of this show and I initially thought it was despicable to be bringing these young Amish kids to New York to exploit them for a show.

But after reading so much about it online and here on DL, I now have no doubt that it's 100% faked and that these "kids" were likely only once Amish, if at that, and have been drinking, partying and whoring around for years before we ever met them back at their respective farms.

Fucking TV has become the pit of hellish feces. Shame on all of us for letting networks destroy themselves and us by viewing this garbage.

Oh, and does anyone know what because of the thin blonde girl's tooth question? Is she actually toothless? If so, how'd she lose all of her teeth at such a young age??

And the blue eyed girl, is she as fucking crazy as she's coming across on the previews??

by Anonymousreply 7810/01/2012

Rebecca said she had all her teeth pulled and this is common for the Amish.

Yes this show is so scripted, Rebecca met a dentist who offers to do her teeth for free.

by Anonymousreply 7910/01/2012

Jeremiah gives off a very strong wife beating/child molesting vibe. The white trash features, bad tattoo, and terrible 'English' clothes only add to that aura.

by Anonymousreply 8010/04/2012

Abe is hot.

They drink through penis straws.

by Anonymousreply 8111/06/2012

Rebecca says "like" all the time. She didn't learn that in Punxatawney. Abe says "awesome." Well, maybe he's describing his dick.

by Anonymousreply 8211/06/2012

And they all swear a whole lot. Is that okay for Amish or Mennonites?

by Anonymousreply 8311/06/2012

Abe's brother Andrew has BDF. He's briefly shirtless in the finale. Not cut, but I wouldn't kick him out of bed.

by Anonymousreply 8411/14/2012

Anyone catch the reunion show?

Did they address the rumors of the show being fake?

by Anonymousreply 8511/23/2012

Abe's brother was going around saying that he slept with rebecca

by Anonymousreply 8605/30/2013

Anybody watching the second season?

I'm not as into it as I was for the first season - which I thought was hilarious.

This time it's kinda ho hum.

Although gawd help me, last night I had a dream where I was making out with Jeremiah. We were getting naked when I woke up.

For some reason I find that scrawny, simian-faced douchebag hot.

I obviously need professional help....

by Anonymousreply 8706/03/2013

Is anyone watching "Breaking Amish: L.A."? Matt is clearly family, and Devon looks ready to screw anything that moves.

by Anonymousreply 8807/23/2013

Poor guy. All he wants to do is sew!

by Anonymousreply 8907/24/2013

So no one is watching this show? The gay guy is every gay porn site's dream... Cute face, nice body, and a ripe uncut cock.

by Anonymousreply 9007/25/2013

by Anonymousreply 9107/26/2013

There are ex-Mennonites and ex-Amish "living among us." I went on a blind date with one of the latter. There was a conflict between his dad and grandad; that's why his family left. He then went into the military after leaving his small town farming community, married, had 3 sons, and divorced when his wife cheated.

Although very good looking and well built, he still retained very traditional values and beliefs. The entire concept of getting your face in the media and "going Hollywood" would be a total contradiction to everything he grew up believing and valuing.

By the way, I've already discussed on another thread the conflict between growing up Amish and being gay. Essentially it's a contradiction in terms. The Amish, like the Chinese, focus on community, family, and sacrifice, in the obligation to fulfill others' needs.

by Anonymousreply 9207/26/2013

Supposedly there will be a new Reality Show of those just leaving the Quiverfull movement. Wonder if it will really be real.

by Anonymousreply 9307/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 9407/28/2013

They showed a clip of Devon ripping his shirt off at the beach. He's got delicious big nips.

Poor Matt. That whole crew seems to hate him, but he's fairly innocuous.

I'd do Samuel. He'd be really grateful to have any gender, at this point.

by Anonymousreply 9507/29/2013

R90, Matt is indeed a cutie, in that fresh-off-the-farm sort of way. And despite his self-righteous piety, I feel sorry for him. I suspect this whole "I'm saving myself for marriage" religiosity is just his way of hiding/denying his homosexual tendencies.

But then again, as previously mentioned, this whole series reeks of fakery. The fact that these Amish/Mennonite kids swear so much and know the latest lingo ("v-card"?, c'mon!) tells me that these kids aren't so fresh-off-the-farm.

by Anonymousreply 9608/05/2013

They showed his cock, r90?!

by Anonymousreply 9708/05/2013

All the Amish and most of the Mennonites are uncut, R98.

by Anonymousreply 9908/05/2013

They sure love to accuse people of witchcraft on this show.

by Anonymousreply 10008/05/2013

I'm watching it now and omg this show is so addictive! I've always been fascinated by the amish. I find it really interesting... like they're so different from the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 10108/05/2013

You would probably find more realistic stories at this link.

by Anonymousreply 10208/05/2013

Just watched the new episode yesterday. The new guy is crazy, and so is Betty. Possessed by demons.. really?! Samuel and Devon didn't seem to have any trouble receiving a lap dance from the strippers. Me thinks there's another reason besides faith for why Matt freaked out and left so soon (he's gay).

by Anonymousreply 10308/06/2013

I didn't see the first series, but I caught the first 3 episodes of BA:LA last night. Clearly, much of it is fake, but I am still fascinated.

Matt, the closeted Menonite, was caught doing "something bad" that related to his "lust issues" and nearly got him sent to a 12 month program called Shepherd's Fold. Sounds like reparative therapy racket for gay men. Also, he wants to be a fashion designer.

Betsy looks exactly like DJ Qualls in a dress, and believes she is sometimes possessed by demons. The other Amish think she is a witch. A witch like those in The Craft, not like the one in Wizard of Oz.

The brother and sister, Samuel and Lizzie, look like their eyes are upside-down.

Tonight is the makeover episode... can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 10408/11/2013

This is actually the third episode

by Anonymousreply 10508/11/2013

Tonight's is the fourth. "Family Secrets", "Exodus", and "Black Sheep" were the ones I watched last night. Not that it really matters.

by Anonymousreply 10608/11/2013

I like it too, R4. It's fake, but it's still entertaining. Matt is clearly gay. I hope he can come to terms with his sexuality.. seems like he's still got some issues. Didn't he say he was afraid of impregnating a girl? LOL. Like that's ever gonna happen.. don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 10708/11/2013

Despite my knowing better (esp. after last season's obvious fakery), I've tuned in and become addicted to this show (closet gays and witchcraft, oh my!). However, several things have already started to bug me:

The blatantly manipulative, and slightly offensive, soundtrack. When Betsy talks amount being possessed by demons (a legitimate concern if that's your belief system!), she gets the creepy girl music, while Matt, when he was drafting his "Ten CoMATTments" house rules, got "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy"! Whether or not this was an allusion to his past ballet history, the implication is clear: Matt's a fairy, wink wink.

Iva. Last season, she was the girl that Jeremiah left behind to go to NY. This season, no mention of it. Perhaps it will come up in future episodes, but shouldn't this have come up during the introductory episode?

Andy. Obviously, he was brought in to stir up trouble since the existing roomies are a bit too polite and laid back, but, like Iva, why bring in somebody closely associated with last season's fakery? Yes, I know this season is likely just as phony as last season, but let us suspend our disbelief by giving us people who we want to get to know, not people we already have preconceived notions about.

by Anonymousreply 10808/11/2013

IIRC, R108, Iva's association with Jeremiah was addressed in the first episode.

by Anonymousreply 10908/11/2013

Does Matt have Asperger's? I got that vibe when he started going on and on about his "10 CoMattments."

by Anonymousreply 11008/12/2013

by Anonymousreply 11108/12/2013

Tonight on The Discovery Channel 9PM EDT is the premier of Amish Mafia second season. While the show is totally fake it is completely entertaining. Jolin the enforcer is extremely hot.

by Anonymousreply 11208/12/2013

Did anyone catch the last episode, when DL was in PT? It was kinda boring. Nothing really happened except the makeover, and Betsy continuing her witchcraft. LOL. Matt was a dumbass not to accept a new hairstyle though. His hair is just.. no. It was hilarious that he helped the other guys with picking out clothes. He seems to have a good fashion sense.. the pieces are coming together. Matt has a "dark past", is into fashion, and seems to have an issue with naked women (I don't buy the faith thing). He's obviously gay.

by Anonymousreply 11308/16/2013

I felt bad for Matt. He was clearly having a panic attack at that "Thunder Down Under" show - I feel like that was simultaneously his fantasy world and his worst nightmare. He would be better served to meet some really gay people, and not be used as comic relief by the two Amish bitches with the bad skin.

by Anonymousreply 11408/18/2013

Matt's ass looked good in those tight pants.

by Anonymousreply 11508/26/2013

What is it with all of their horrible acne, that either: shows through the make-up, or; is the make-up?

Do the Amish/Menonites not wash their faces for religious reasons?

by Anonymousreply 11608/26/2013

I find it hilarious how obvious the show is about implying Matt's gay. Of course you have a girlfriend, sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 11709/08/2013

The blonde guy who Matt interned with at the fashion place was fantastic. So patient, countering Matt's internalized homophobia without pushing him away, encouraging him professionally, and giving him opportunities for personal growth without ever being disrespectful... well, I think he's tremendous.

Matt's shirts looked good too. Not high fashion, but well-tailored and much better than any men's shirt I've seen on Project Runway. I'm only a flyover guy, but I would have worn two of the three.

Sad that in the previews his parents call the cops on him when he tries to go home. I hope he ends up back in LA pursuing his dream.

by Anonymousreply 11809/09/2013

Matt was so sad on the reunion show tonight. Come out and be free!

by Anonymousreply 11909/30/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!