Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

KoMut Entertainment, their new show Partners, W&G, etc...

Partners is an upcoming American comedy series that will air on CBS. The series was created by Will & Grace creators Max Mutchnick and David Kohan. Partners stars Michael Urie, David Krumholtz, Sophia Bush, and Brandon Routh.

Will & Grace was on NBC for eight seasons. I watched it pretty regularly, even after it jumped the shark around Season 6.

Beyond W&G, these guys have produced quite a few TV shows such as these:

Boston Common (1996-1997) Good Morning, Miami (2002-2004) Twins (2005-2006) Four Kings (2006-2006) S#*! My Dad Says (2010-2011) Partners (2012-????)

Why did W&G work and the others didn't? Why can't these guys put together another hit show?

by Anonymousreply 14311/16/2012

Maybe those shows didn't succeed because of the writers' overuse of stupid dick jokes.

by Anonymousreply 109/19/2012

1. The historical timing of W&G was right on.

2. The show was unusually well cast, so much so the actors can't shake their W&G roles now.

3. Most shows regurgitate/repackage old jokes from the past.

KoMut doesn't make it because there is no sense of purpose now. Once you win, you lose your drive to win again and become arrogant and lazy.

Given me a group of genuinely creative and starving writers and they will come up with a better product than well paid, established writers.

by Anonymousreply 209/20/2012

I remember Boston Common as being fucking hilarious and was surprised it died such a quick death.

by Anonymousreply 309/20/2012

It's on at 8:30 tonight, so I'll be watching.

by Anonymousreply 409/24/2012

It's not very funny.

by Anonymousreply 509/24/2012

It's not a good idea to have a main character who is so unlikable.

by Anonymousreply 609/24/2012

All their shows have been awful except Will & Grace, and that was saved only because they got two great comic actors for the supporting parts of Karen and Jack.

Partners has received uniformly negative reviews and will go under quickly.

by Anonymousreply 709/24/2012

Creating a hit TV show, run that runs for years and years like Will and Grace is next to impossible to do once, let alone numerous times. The stars have to align. People like James Brooks, JJ Abrahms, and Ryan Murphy are very rare.

by Anonymousreply 809/24/2012

Just watched this total piece of shit. It actually makes THE NEW NORMAL look half-decent.

Michael Urie must have downed 8 Red Bulls for his pathethic attempt at a Sean Hayes imitation. He's appalling. Brandon Routh is like a lump in the middle of this.

Mutchnick, Kohan, and James Burrows should just retire and spare us any more crap.

by Anonymousreply 909/24/2012

Ryan Murphy, R8???? Are you joking?

Every single series he's involved in jumps the shark after a single season. AMERICAN HORROR STORY might be an exception, but only because it's not the same characters each season.

by Anonymousreply 1009/24/2012

Lots of producers only have one hit. The women who created Murphy Brown and Designing Women both bombed with all their other shows.

by Anonymousreply 1109/24/2012

R10, I can't stand Murphy. But he's had four shows hit the zeitgeist: Popular (his least successful of the four), Nip/Tuck, Glee, and American Horror Story. I'm assuming New Normal won't last, and it's horrible from the onset, so I'm not including it. But most TV creators would kill to have 4 shows go to series in such a short span. And all of them were critically lauded, at least for the first season.

by Anonymousreply 1209/24/2012

The guy Michelle Pfeiffer was pfucking did well on a string of comedy/dramas.

W&G had a strong lead-in show. There was a lot of input to ensure its success. Jump from the pilot to the second episode and you see a ton of tweeks made. Karen goes from a disillusioned New York woman to a deluded baby-doll-voiced clown with tits.

You'll know that either they no longer accept input or people are afraid of giving them bad news if there isn't a slew of changes between "Partners" pilot and main episodes.

by Anonymousreply 1309/24/2012

The Michael Urie character resembles no human being on earth. And he was so good on Ugly Betty.

by Anonymousreply 1409/24/2012

I'll write a story about me! Everybody would be interested in that!!!

by Anonymousreply 1509/24/2012

I heard a news story this morning that said when Jim Burrows directs a pilot episode, a series gets picked up for an entire season.

I'm willing to bet that his track record comes to an end with this one.

by Anonymousreply 1609/24/2012

Fuck Max.

He is the worlds richest nebbish.

by Anonymousreply 1709/24/2012

Unless they start tearing Brandon's clothes off, I don't know that I can give 22 minutes of my life to this turd again.

by Anonymousreply 1809/25/2012

It was sad to see Michael Urie in this episode. He was so much better as a shallow, vapid homo in Ugly Betty. The character in Partners is to 'over the top'.

by Anonymousreply 1909/25/2012

Well, first of all, the straight guy isn't cute enough for me to care about and Brandon Routh is as leaden and lumpish as ever. And I fucking hate his hair. If he would get a short, spiky cut, he would look so much better.

by Anonymousreply 2009/25/2012

The chemistry off ALL the cast was just off.

I don't see any of those people liking each other, much less being thisclose.

The writing was surprisingly weak. I can only assume they had to sweeten the audience with a laugh track.

Michael Urie was very funny in Ugly Betty, but was supposed to be a cartoon. But even so, he was more real. He is just too manic for a lead. And his best friend is too ugly -- and his boyfriend too beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 2109/25/2012

The whole thing was really manic. They spoke so fast and even the editing was all over the place. I thought Brandon Routh (surprisgly) came across the best since he was at least speaking like a normal person.

by Anonymousreply 2209/25/2012

It was manic. Even that annoying clapping sound (like a 1980s drum machine) between scenes was annoying.

by Anonymousreply 2309/25/2012

Good Morning Miami had promise. The writing was pretty good, the leads worked well together, and Suzanne P. as the grandmother was a hoot.

by Anonymousreply 2409/25/2012

I agree that Michael Urie, of whom I'm a huge fan (loved him in "Ugly Betty," plus have seen him perform onstage here in NYC), was doing a Sean Hayes imitation. I just couldn't tell if it was because he was directed to do so or just out of his own sheer determination to make the lousy material he was working with fly. Sadly, it didn't.

by Anonymousreply 2509/25/2012

Kohan and Mutchnick seem to think, as evidenced by Jack and this character, that gays are funniest when they act like brain-damaged children.

by Anonymousreply 2609/25/2012

Just another really bad show. Badly acted, directed, and written. Shame. I loved W&G for the entire run, even if the last two seasons were weak. Karen was always great.

by Anonymousreply 2709/25/2012

Help! I'm dying!

by Anonymousreply 2809/25/2012

Well, I liked it and look forward to more episodes.

Fast paced, sly jokes, affection between the leads.

There's room for improvement, but I'm not worried about that.

by Anonymousreply 2909/25/2012

I will actually give it a few episodes, but as much as I like all three male leads, the pilot pretty much sucked. Michael Urie managed to make ubergay very relatable on Ugly Betty (possibly by letting us see inside it), but this was just annoying.

Brandon Routh remains beautiful, but what the fuck with his hair? Why is it long and thick and cut in a straight line on the side? Not a new haircut, but it irks me.

The New Normal took three episodes before I decided I like it, so I'll watch three at least, but I'm not optimistic.

by Anonymousreply 3009/25/2012

Oh good, just what TV needed. Another self-involved child-like gay man!

by Anonymousreply 3109/25/2012

For those interested in the process, Warren Littlefield's new TOP OF THE ROCK book goes pretty in-depth about Will & Grace, Boston Common, KoMut, and TV success in general. From best I can remember, they all refer to "Boston Common" as their starter show. There's conventional TV wisdom that says you need one TV show to get your legs (they repeatedly use "Wings" as the prime example, since team went on to do Frasier).

by Anonymousreply 3209/25/2012

"Well, first of all, the straight guy isn't cute enough for me to care about and Brandon Routh is as leaden and lumpish as ever. And I fucking hate his hair. If he would get a short, spiky cut, he would look so much better."

Probably the kind of poster who complains that the gay roles are huge stereotypes and will set us back 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 3309/25/2012

I liked it, too. Maybe because I wasn't expecting much from the so-so reviews?

by Anonymousreply 3409/25/2012

Nope, not at all, R33. I'm happy to see gay characters on TV if they're done well and have a reason for being, even if it's just eye candy.

That, of course, doesn't preclude me from being critical of things I don't care for.

by Anonymousreply 3509/25/2012

I missed the exposition. Is Urie supposed to be an architect, too? This character couldn't design a sundae.

by Anonymousreply 3609/25/2012

Oh God, this thing makes "The New Normal" just look like a study in stark realism.

by Anonymousreply 3709/25/2012

[quote]There's room for improvement, but I'm not worried about that.

This is of infinite reassurance to the rest of us.

You probably should worry about cancellation though . . .

by Anonymousreply 3809/25/2012

Why is he playing Will AND Grace?

by Anonymousreply 3909/25/2012

Wouldn't it have been more interesting to have Michael play straight and the other one play gay?

by Anonymousreply 4009/25/2012

Yes, r40!

by Anonymousreply 4109/25/2012

The straight guy isn't cute. He's HOMELY!

by Anonymousreply 4209/25/2012

[quote]Wouldn't it have been more interesting to have Michael play straight and the other one play gay?

That would be like asking Russell Crowe to play a 98-pound 11 year-old boy.

by Anonymousreply 4309/25/2012

Sophia Bush is cute, but her acting is pure Community Theater.

And, yes, the straight guy lead is unfortunately nebbish.

by Anonymousreply 4409/25/2012

I am waiting for B. J. Routh to take his shirt off.

by Anonymousreply 4509/25/2012

I know everyone on here hates Ryan Murphy but his show The New Normal was many times better than Partners. Plus I like the little inside jokes like Brian referencing House of Labeija & the Grey Gardens.

Partners was not that horrible even though I'm not sure yet if I'll watch another episode. The Michael Urie character is pretty manic but then so was Max on Happy Endings & people raved on & on about him.

The problem for Partners is it's OK to have unlikable sidekicks but it's hard for a TV comedy to be headed up by an unlikable main character.

by Anonymousreply 4609/25/2012

"Partners" debuts to weak numbers

Better get that shirt off if you want to keep your job, BJ.

by Anonymousreply 4709/25/2012

I want Michael Urie to be my best pal and B.J. Routh to have all kinds of hot gay sex with me.

by Anonymousreply 4809/25/2012

New series Partners (2.4/6) was off to a soft start as the weakest link in CBS’ comedy lineup. It was the lowest-rated CBS comedy premiere in a very long time (if not ever). It was down from the debuts of such recent short-lived entries as Mad Love, Accidentally On Purpose and last fall’s How To Be A Gentleman.

by Anonymousreply 4909/25/2012

Disagree, David Krumholtz is really hot.

by Anonymousreply 5009/25/2012

The Latina assistant seems to be a combination of Karen Walker and Rosario. Big boobed, cranky hag.

by Anonymousreply 5109/25/2012

The current gay shows remind me about what I find odd about the generally vocal gay audience.

When straight couch potatoes, nerds, and geeks watch movies where a couch potato, nerd, or geek gets a hot female supermodel as girlfriend the audience goes 'right on, dude!' mentally high fiving the male underdog character. With a gay audience you don't get that. Whenever a more or less flaming character gets a hot boyfriend it gets a 'this is so silly, this would NEVER happen in real life!' reaction and then an ongoing rant about how sad it is that the media doesn't show actual real gay men and women in actual real relationships with real gay men and women with real problems in real situations. The gay audience downright refuses to identify with gay characters and is quick to call them embarassing stereotypes. And even worse is that a great deal of the gay audience refuses to laugh with gay comedy characters and go 'this is not funny!'. The gay audience tends to take even gay themed comedy way too serious.

by Anonymousreply 5209/25/2012

This show was unwatchable. I wouldn't be surprised if we never see a second episode. It's not so much that it's numbers are horrible, and they are, but the fact that it dragged down its lead-out show, 2 Broke Girls.

2BG is supposed to be groomed as the next 2.5 Men and they are going to protect it. I expect HIYM or 2BG reruns in its slot soon.

by Anonymousreply 5309/25/2012

Sorry, don't find the straight lead, David Crumb-holes, appealing at all.

by Anonymousreply 5409/25/2012

R52, I think the reason for that is straight guys have tons of examples of differences within the "straight guy" stereotype. They are never pigeonholed. That's just not true for gay men on network TV. The uber queen is certainly a part of the gay community, a proud part, but it's time to show other facets of our diverse population. I think it's just the easy way out and that get's tired after awhile.

by Anonymousreply 5509/25/2012

I am literally 3mins in. So from the credits it seems like they gave Ms Bush a young Deb Messing (ha!) makeover.

As much as I like Michael Urie (and I do from Ugly Betty and his real life persona) this is total shit.

by Anonymousreply 5609/25/2012

The axe on this show is about to fall any minute...

by Anonymousreply 5709/25/2012

Is it possible this is getting worse 6mins in?

I thought you bitches were exaggerating Brandon Routh's wooden affect. I remember him being all right in that show...was it Chuck? Also is that an awful hairpiece?

by Anonymousreply 5809/25/2012

I didn't laugh once during that whole piece of shit. I half expected it to be replaced with 2 Broke Girls after the first commercial. And, btw, 2 Broke Girls has got to be the single most horribly acted show in the history of television. I weep for America.

by Anonymousreply 5909/25/2012

CBS sitcoms have always been shit, R59. Weep for America, but not for this.

by Anonymousreply 6009/25/2012

Please, God, take it away. I swear, I vote for invisibility on TV over this shit. As for those producers... they are quickly falling into "With friends like these, who needs..." territory. (I, for one, never found "Will and Grace" much of a step forward either.)

by Anonymousreply 6109/25/2012

I just caught it on CBS.com, I concur with r61. Michael Urie's character gayness is dialed up to "1000." It would be the equivalent of an African American character on a sitcom going, "Mmmmm-hmmmmm! Gurrrrrrrl! Thas what I'm talkin' about! (grinds neck)" every time she walked into a scene.

Over at TV By The Numbers they are predicting it will get put out to pasture after next week's episode.

by Anonymousreply 6209/25/2012

[quote] David Krumholtz is really hot.

Bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 6309/25/2012

[quote]Please, God, take it away. I swear, I vote for invisibility on TV over this shit. As for those producers... they are quickly falling into "With friends like these, who needs..." territory. (I, for one, never found "Will and Grace" much of a step forward either.)

But if you don't like it, you're self-loathing! And homophobic! And hate effeminacy! Maybe because you hate your own effeminacy! Because you're a self-loathing effeminate homophobic who doesn't see the importance of supporting anything GAY GAY GAY even though you're gay!

by Anonymousreply 6409/25/2012

Every time you laughed at WILL AND GRACE, you can be sure Max or David had nothing to do with it

by Anonymousreply 6509/25/2012

Sophia Bush is such a cutie.

Hope she lands another job, soon.

by Anonymousreply 6609/25/2012

A show about drag queens and pedophiles living in an AIDS hospice would be less offensive than Partners.

by Anonymousreply 6709/25/2012

Here's a clip from KoMut's new sitcom for BET.

by Anonymousreply 6809/25/2012

He put his head in the big boobies of the co-worker....where did we see that before?

by Anonymousreply 6909/25/2012

David Krumholtz was good looking on Numb3ers, but it looks like has since turned into a fat schlub.

by Anonymousreply 7009/25/2012

Partners was a dreadful, unfunny sitcom with every gay stereotype thrown in. Not funny, bad acting, I give it a month if that.

by Anonymousreply 7109/25/2012

2 Broke Girls is also unfunny but for some reason is a hit. Two unattractive females with lousy personalities.

by Anonymousreply 7209/25/2012

Good Morning, Miami starred the very sexy Mark Feuerstein. I wish there were some gay rumors about him.

One thing I never understood about that show was that they had a nun who delivered the weather forecast. What should have been a joke that was funny for one show was carried on in every episode. Dumb.

by Anonymousreply 7309/25/2012

They talk strangely fast and in a weird manner on two broke girls also...is that the new sitcom speak? Do they teach classes in it? Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 7409/25/2012

Urie's gestures were so grand....I felt like at any minute he would launch into Liza's choreography from Rose's Turn.

by Anonymousreply 7509/25/2012

I know Michael. He's being directed to act this way. he's a much, much better actor than this, but he also knows when to keep his mouth shut and just do what they tell him to.

PS: Sometimes the scripts seem so much better before you're actually there on the set shooting it. Such a shame.

by Anonymousreply 7609/25/2012

Tonight's The New Normal surprised me with its political ferocity.

It mad me realize just how lame Partners really is.

by Anonymousreply 7709/25/2012

Wow Michael Urie is on gay crack /he needs to tone down the minstrel act.

by Anonymousreply 7809/25/2012

R73

"Good Morning, Miami starred the very sexy Mark Feuerstein. I wish there were some gay rumors about him"

I don't think there are any. He's now on Royal Pains and his GMM co-star Ashley Williams guest starred in a couple episodes as a country club manager with trauma induced face blindness.

The nun was the worst part about GMM.

by Anonymousreply 7909/25/2012

You gays are so funny! Hell must be an absolute riot!

by Anonymousreply 8009/25/2012

Royal Paims is a total bore.

by Anonymousreply 8109/25/2012

I wanted to like Partners, but didn't care for it much. I'll watch a few more episodes just to give it a chance, but it better improve in a hurry.

by Anonymousreply 8209/25/2012

I found PARTNERS pretty boring. Brandon Routh was the best thing about it. THE NEW NORMAL is head and shoulders above it.

by Anonymousreply 8309/25/2012

I thought the lead actors (Urie and Krumholtz) weren't very engaging either.

by Anonymousreply 8409/25/2012

R29, your standards are appallingly low.

by Anonymousreply 8509/26/2012

[quote]Wow Michael Urie is on gay crack /he needs to tone down the minstrel act.

See R76. He can't tone it down it he's being directed to be on gay crack.

by Anonymousreply 8609/26/2012

Hmmm, could R76 and R86 be Michael?

by Anonymousreply 8709/26/2012

David Krumholtz is too fugly to be the romantic interst of either an attractive woman or an attractive man. Too bad there are no dogs or cats on the show.

by Anonymousreply 8809/26/2012

no r52...since this thread is only up to 53 posts...

by Anonymousreply 8909/26/2012

Yes, it was the end of civilization as we know it.

by Anonymousreply 9009/26/2012

Isn't there a dog in the show? I seem to remember one.

by Anonymousreply 9109/26/2012

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 9209/26/2012

WOW anther gay sitcom!! How daring. Yawn

by Anonymousreply 9309/26/2012

Oh and get this: a gay guy and a straight guy are, wait for it, FRIENDS. BEST friends, even. Imagine... and hilarity ensues.

Network TV is officially a parody of itself.

(But the writers and, yes, those awful producers get the blame for every joke about sausage and "a variety of meat" and every other groaner that sounds like a high schooler wrote it. ha ha, insert dick joke here, we've come a long way, baby)

by Anonymousreply 9409/26/2012

Is this show on tonight?

by Anonymousreply 9510/01/2012

Yes it's on tonight, but don't hold your breath for next week.

by Anonymousreply 9610/01/2012

Okay, I will give this show another chance. Maybe it will get better.

by Anonymousreply 9710/01/2012

No way would a Michael Urie get a Brandon Routh. Nope. Wouldn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 9810/01/2012

As I'm watching this show, I'm thinking that there is a reason why Will and Grace were the main characters and Jack and Karen were the supporting characters. It's okay to let supporting characters be outrageous annoying cartoon characters. But when your main characters are outrageous and annoying? It's not believable ... and it can't last.

by Anonymousreply 9910/01/2012

The second episode is a lot better than the first. For what it's worth.

by Anonymousreply 10010/01/2012

um ... okay ... is that it?

by Anonymousreply 10110/01/2012

I watched tonight's episode. I'm willing to stay with it. It's showing some promise.

The women don't get to make an impression besides being cardboard cutouts.

by Anonymousreply 10210/01/2012

"I don't want you to bone a chicken. I want you to de-bone a chicken!" Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 10310/02/2012

I know, R103, that was a pretty sad exchange of painfully unfunny dialogue. The whole show was nothing but painfully unfunny dialogue, not to mention horrible cliches.

by Anonymousreply 10410/02/2012

Michael Urie is quite funny in it. But that Latina making the come-ons to gay men, that's lame. Ugh, Can anybody create a decent sitcom anymore?

by Anonymousreply 10510/02/2012

Saw their profile on CBS Sunday morning -- interesting, and their sitcom portrayers are not far off the mark.

by Anonymousreply 10610/02/2012

R105, Parks and Rec, Community, Louie, 30 Rock, Girls (sitcom adjacent), New Girl, and Happy Endings are all pretty damn good recent sitcoms. Don't judge all of them by this horrible POS.

by Anonymousreply 10710/02/2012

A friend is one of the writers. He says everyone there is aware that it's on the precipice of failure, but hopes it will gain a following.

by Anonymousreply 10810/02/2012

In a time where shows are supposed to be immediate hits and not getting more popular with each new episode this doesn't bode well for shows like Partners which is just too sugary coated sweet that I almost fear my teeth falll out after watching the first two episodes.

2 Broke Girls is able to pull off that sexual innuendo talk. Partners so far doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 10910/02/2012

CBS’ comedies were all down, with rookie Partners (2.1/5) falling the most, down 13% from its lackluster series premiere last week; [italic]a call on substitute Rules Of Engagement may not be far down the line.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 11010/02/2012

This thread includes last week's comments too...

by Anonymousreply 11110/02/2012

Brandon Routh cannot do comedy. Period. I'm not even sure he can act.

by Anonymousreply 11210/09/2012

I watched some of the show last night. It seems to be getting better -- characters more human than in the previous two shows. But it may be too little too late.

by Anonymousreply 11310/09/2012

Freshman [italic]Partners[/italic] (2.2/6) was up a tenth.

by Anonymousreply 11410/09/2012

Can't they even hint once in a while that the gay guys ever fuck?

by Anonymousreply 11510/10/2012

I really like the latest episode. The bit about Ali putting Louis on the spot during the game of Celebrity (about her second celebrity hook up) was hilarious. Also Wyatt talking to Joe and Ali about being scared to play Celebrity with Louis was a funny scene. To me it's the best one so far.

But I have to admit that the basic premise of Ali being pissed about Joe always running to his best friend Lois and sharing private stuff with him will grow tedious very fast.

by Anonymousreply 11610/10/2012

If Urie's character's boyfriend has no sense of humor and doesn't know gay references, how and why did they ever wind up together?

by Anonymousreply 11710/10/2012

The third episode was better, actually watchable. Urie's manic performance has been turned down several notches, and Routh's character was a little more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 11810/11/2012

Just caught up on all three episodes, back to back.

The third episode is by far the best. However, that's not saying a lot.

Overall, this series in not funny. There are a handful of funny scenes here and there. One of the best was Ali trying to get Louis to name her second celebrity hook-up.

Michael Urie is slowly toning it down, but has a long way to go.

Brandon Routh seems to be acting in a completely different series from the other three. Don't know what the sad sack routine is all about, but it doesn't fit in with the other three.

I don't expect Partners to be around by the beginning of the year.

by Anonymousreply 11910/11/2012

I liked the third episode a lot. I actually think Routh is funny in it, mostly because they're writing around the fact that he can't act. "I mean I'm screaming at you" said in his monotone made me laugh.

I'm rooting for it. At least to get a full season. I think there's a good show in there if it's allowed some time to grow.

R115, they did:

Wyatt: Mennonites aren't allowed to watch TV. We had one, but we couldn't plug it in.

Allie: Oh, is that why you left the church?

Wyatt: Well that, and I love sleeping with men. Mostly the TV though.

by Anonymousreply 12010/11/2012

Of the freshman series that have been on the air for at least three weeks, only CBS’ comedy Partners is still awaiting word on an episodic or script order. The comedy was pre-empted last night, and the network will likely wait another week before making a decision.

by Anonymousreply 12110/23/2012

Did you all stop watching this show? Is it getting better?

by Anonymousreply 12211/05/2012

It has been slowly getting better, and tonight was actually enjoyable. Of course it's all helped by the hotness of David Krumholtz, but the writing is improving week to week.

by Anonymousreply 12311/05/2012

[quote]... it's all helped by the hotness of David Krumholtz...

I just don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 12411/05/2012

There was encouraging news last night for modestly rated freshman CBS comedy Partners.

As the CBS Monday lineup returned from a three-week break, Partners (2.1/5) was even with its most recent airing while all other CBS series were down.

The hold may be enough to clinch the series a back episodic order. Partners is the only new fall series that launched early in the season not to get a script or episodic pickup.

by Anonymousreply 12511/06/2012

That noise that they use for scene transitions that sounds like blocks of hollow wood clapping together is annoying.

The show still doesn't make me laugh much, but I haven't deleted it from the DVR yet, so I guess I'm still in the 'giving it a chance' phase.

by Anonymousreply 12611/13/2012

[quote]Brandon Routh cannot do comedy. Period. I'm not even sure he can act.

Yeah, but I still want to blow him.

Call me old-fashioned.

by Anonymousreply 12711/13/2012

I really liked last night's episode. I laughed several times. I'm going to be sad when it's inevitably cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 12811/13/2012

This show upsets me. I'm a huge Michael Uri fan, but in this "program" he's annoying as hell. He just over acts and all of his scenes are forced. The rest of the cast is of little interest and many of them are not even likable. Very disappointing indeed.

by Anonymousreply 12911/13/2012

I like Michael Urie, too. He did a good job in that Mattachine play in NYC a while ago.

However...

After UGLY BETTY I was worried he'd be typecast and never work again.

After PARTNERS I'm dead certain of it.

by Anonymousreply 13011/13/2012

Producers of new CBS comedy series Partners probably wish the network made a back order decision on their show last week when the freshman sitcom was the only Monday CBS series to post ratings gains vs. its most recent airing. Because last night, Partners (1.8/5) was the only member of the CBS Monday lineup in negative territory — down 14% from last week for a series low.

by Anonymousreply 13211/14/2012

The laugh track sounds more desperate each week. The "jokes" are just embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 13411/15/2012

clop clop

clop clop

clop!

by Anonymousreply 13511/15/2012

Well, I guess this gives all of us our answer. (see link)

So wouldn't this make KoMut kind of like network poison? They have created many shitty shows now and only one hit that has been off the air for six years.

by Anonymousreply 13611/16/2012

Interesting that this link thought that Brandon Routh was the star of the show.

I suspect the actors are grateful to get out of their contracts and leave this stinker of a show behind them.

by Anonymousreply 13711/16/2012

Why do we gays not support our own shows?

by Anonymousreply 13811/16/2012

[quote]Why do we gays not support our own shows?

Because we are way beyond that. We are no longer willing to take crumbs; we want quality.

The show was very poorly written and acted, so why would gay people waste their time watching it.

Besides, it wasn't "our" show; it was the producers, hoping gay people will watch any shit as long as it pretends to be about them.

by Anonymousreply 13911/16/2012

First the cancellation of THE A-LIST.

Then the announcement that LOGO was going non-gay.

Now this.

There is a war against the gays on TV!

by Anonymousreply 14011/16/2012

[quote]Why do we gays not support our own shows?

Because there is no "we". As a gay man of color, I don't connect at all with any of the so-called gay shows, which are invariably aimed at a white, middle class demographic. As such I don't feel obliged to support shows which seem to go out of their way to exclude large sections of the gay population. So as far as I'm concerned the makers of these shows can just go fuck themselves.

by Anonymousreply 14111/16/2012

No one has to support shows they don't like. But I don't think network executives are going to say, hey that show with the gay 'white' people flopped because the audience wasn't big enough who identifies with that group. Let's go with an even more marginalized group and make a show starring a gay man of color.

In fact every failure of gay shows in general lessens the likelihood of seeing a show starring gay people of color or a show with a butch character or anything of that sort.

You have to realize that CBS is notorious for never having gay characters in any of their shows (where they would fit in like having a Nate Silver like character in The Big Bang Theory). This shows failure means they're less likely to take a chance on one again.

by Anonymousreply 14211/16/2012

r141, I understand what you're saying -- I really do. We're still in the beginning stages of primetime shows being headlined by gay characters on American television. What I will say is: where yours and my frustration comes from is a history in the gay community of lack of advocacy for racial equality. And this lack of advocacy isn't some delusion or just "whining" about no one paying attention. It's more about the gay community lacking in multicultural representations and advocacy within itself. As gay characters have become more visible on mainstream television, we see that it is mostly representations of gay White males. Now, we could go off of r142's assumption that CBS will become less likely to support such a show again. Or we could go with the assumption that people are ready for more than a spin off of Will & Grace with literally no racial diversity. I'll say that I do love and support the New Normal. That show is doing just fine for NBC, but they have the same issue with gay racial diversity. Can't get rid of this fucking inkling that if the current representations of gay men were anything other than White, people would pay even less attention than they did to Partners.

by Anonymousreply 14311/16/2012
Need more help? Click Here.