Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

That new TV show? Revolution?

It's not good. The plot, the acting...everything.

Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 22209/26/2013

I watched the pilot and thought it was entertaining. I'll watch the next few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 109/15/2012

The pilot is available On Demand and online....

I have a low bar for anything with sci-fi or futurist.

Still thought it was poorly done.

by Anonymousreply 209/15/2012

I thought that got cancelled to be replaced by General Hospital in that time-slot.

by Anonymousreply 309/15/2012

That was THE Revolution, r3. A stupid high-concept talk-show. Revolution is a prime time sci-fi show.

by Anonymousreply 409/15/2012

I don't understand R4, why would two shows on the same network have the same title?

by Anonymousreply 509/15/2012

It isn't the exact same title, "The Revolution" was the crappy daytime show, "Revolution" is the new sci-fi show.

by Anonymousreply 609/15/2012

I just found out that Kim Raver has a recurring role on the show. That spells double trouble. She should have stayed on Grey's Anatomy. My two cents. At least she's a working actress. Peace.

by Anonymousreply 709/16/2012

I wil watch it for Elizabeth Mitchell.

She's hot

by Anonymousreply 809/16/2012

She looked odd in the pilot, either a facelift or they were trying to make her look 15 years younger for the storyline.

by Anonymousreply 909/16/2012

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 1009/16/2012

At least it is a future where hairdressers have survived.

by Anonymousreply 1109/17/2012

It's debuting tonight. Gets a 65% rating on metacritic which is "generally positive" but if it were really good it'd probably be getting a higher rating.

by Anonymousreply 1209/17/2012

Ooh La La!

by Anonymousreply 1309/17/2012

On now.

The planes would NOT fall out of the sky like that... in flat spins, straight down.

by Anonymousreply 1409/17/2012

The son is super-hot... could be a Bel Ami model even.

Can't believe they killed the dad off in the first quarter hour though. Thought he was going to be a main character.

by Anonymousreply 1509/17/2012

People makes jokes about the hair and clean-shaven faces. But... it's the clothes that get me. So obviously mall-fresh on their first wear, not the result of a decade of no energy.

by Anonymousreply 1609/17/2012

I think it would have been more interesting to actually see life right after the blackout instead of fifteen years later. People lose their shit these days if they are without electricity for a few hours. Drama. But they've jumped the past that to people having already figured out how to live without it and this quest to turn it back on. I was bored. Maybe there will be decent flashbacks.

The freshness of the clothes didn't bother me. you figure all of the clothes in malls that never sell, thrift store, in peoples homes etc...and I suppose some people still know how to use a needle and thread. So Boring.

I hope the next couple of episodes have a little more life in them.

by Anonymousreply 1709/17/2012

It ain't grabbing me. The science show "Life After People" was a better post-technology show. Abrams can get any wild idea imaginable green-lit, and he chooses crap like this? He needs another failure so they'll stop indulging him, although Fringe and Person Of Interest are still keeping his rep buoyed.

by Anonymousreply 1809/17/2012

I changed the channel after 15 minutes. Just found it all rather boring.

On the up side, always happy to see Tim Guinee in anything. Always thought he was fucking hot (even now that he's gotten older).

by Anonymousreply 1909/17/2012

The young girl who plays Charlie is extremely bland. Jennifer Lawrence she ain't. Bad casting mistake.

by Anonymousreply 2009/17/2012

the only interesting bit so far was the two minutes of "the lights going out", ruined of course by the complete implausability of it and the planes falling out of the sky like rocks, instead of arcing down, gliding, etc.

by Anonymousreply 2109/17/2012

I'm liking it.

by Anonymousreply 2209/17/2012

Sorry I realize I tuned in about 20 minutes into the show, but this doesn't make much sense. How is it possible that they cannot produce electricity?

by Anonymousreply 2309/17/2012

Too much swordplay and swashbuckling action. I guess I should take some fencing lessons if I want to survive the apocalypse.

by Anonymousreply 2409/17/2012

THAT'S "General Monroe"?!?

Some KID? What is he, 27 years old?

by Anonymousreply 2509/17/2012

Agree with r17.

they could have even done a 24 theme with it, each season going from one day to the next.

by Anonymousreply 2609/17/2012

The female lead is so flat, the brother is annoying, the fat guy is mushy....they even sucked the life out of the guy from "Breaking Bad".

If SyFy can have shows from Canada with good special effects, why can't NBC?

And would it kill them to give the show, and this new world, a distinctive look?

Or failing that, they could have the guys take off their shirts.

by Anonymousreply 2709/17/2012

How is Elizabeth Mitchell in it?

by Anonymousreply 2809/17/2012

r28, I wonder if she is the one with the British accent?

by Anonymousreply 2909/17/2012

Love Tim Guinee, who played the father. He was hot in a movie called Sweetland. As for the show, eh. I'm sorry, but what about solar and wind energy?

by Anonymousreply 3109/17/2012

R28, she wasn't in the first episode. She's in the second.

by Anonymousreply 3209/17/2012

R28, Mitchell was in the episode. She was the mother and later gave Charlie ice cream.

If a plane loses all electricity and navigation, wouldn't it fall as depicted?

R18, I loved "Life after People," one of my favorite guilty pleasures.

by Anonymousreply 3309/18/2012

[quote]If a plane loses all electricity and navigation, wouldn't it fall as depicted?

No. And I can't believe anyone thinks that. Didn't ANYONE take even the most remedial physics in school??

A plan is going 500mph... if it lost all power, it'd still have all that forward momentum. It wouldn't suddenly screech to a halt in mid air and then fall straight down, somehow spining in the process.

by Anonymousreply 3409/18/2012

As with all pilots and series premiers, there's a lot of heavy lifting needed from a storytelling perspective. Hard to really get a feel for it until Episode 3 when they are done setting the stage and introducing characters. Won't kill me to give a chance although I agree that it was lackluster. Wish they were telling it all from the day after forward. Showing me some subdivision that is now a working farm was crap.

by Anonymousreply 3509/18/2012

A 747 has a glide ratio of about 17:1. This means that for every 1 foot loses in altitude, it can travel 17 feet forward. If a 747 loses all 4 engines at 35,000 feet, it will be able to glide over 110 miles before landing (or crashing). Provided that there is an airport in this range, the pilot could probably set it up for a safe landing.

by Anonymousreply 3609/18/2012

R34, logically, I see what you're saying, but maybe producers didn't want the planes to be mistaken for missiles.

by Anonymousreply 3709/18/2012

15 years after a blackout, there should be steam locomotives running across the country.

There are still plenty of working ones at train museums and tourist spots.

And New England with it's thousands of abandoned water powered mills would be an economic powerhouse in no time.

by Anonymousreply 3809/18/2012

[quote]The science show "Life After People" was a better post-technology show

I like Life After People, so there's no reason for me to watch Revolution then.

by Anonymousreply 3909/18/2012

Actually, r38, the Google guy explained that physics no longer work so there's no steam power either.

Which makes for an even stupider show but there you have it.

Given the parameters of the show, I'm not sure why people's brains and hearts would still be working.

by Anonymousreply 4009/18/2012

An EMP would turn out the lights and fry anything electronic, but wouldn't prevent old cars from working, or new electronic things from being built

I'm dreading the show's explanation for how electricity could no longer be generated.

by Anonymousreply 4109/18/2012

I have a feeling that the explanation for all of this will be something akin to

"Nature reclaiming the planet from people"

Though I found myself mildly entertained by the show and Danny/Charlie(the brother/sister) were both quite cute.

i will continue to watch a few more episodes to see if it goes anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 4209/18/2012

How come the google guy is fat?

by Anonymousreply 4309/18/2012

I also was insulted by the "farm in the subdivision"...how 50 square feet of corn is supposedly to feed that population, I don't know.

There us enough interest in the realities of the end of the world as we know it, that the producers could have hooked people with a little attention to those details AND built a good story around it.

Having people genuinely struggle....creates tension, and is kind of an element of mystery.

by Anonymousreply 4509/18/2012

The show has some nice male eye candy. At this point I no longer care about stories and characters, because ABC or NBC are quick on canceling shows without giving the few viewers a proper ending.

by Anonymousreply 4609/18/2012

Well the point of the end of the show was that some electricity is happening...I mean that woman fired upa computer and communicated with someone via that little metal....Google guy has one too

Where doesnthatnfit in?

by Anonymousreply 4709/18/2012

This show is really baad.

I tried watching it, got through 15 minutes, then turned it off.

Too bad, yes I was looking forward to following it.

by Anonymousreply 4809/18/2012

It was watched by almost 12 million.

I have no interest in it, but it could stick around.

by Anonymousreply 4909/18/2012

You can never judge a show by the pilot - you have to give it at least three episodes.

by Anonymousreply 5009/18/2012

The little brother does nothing for me. He's got thin lips. Billy Burke used to be hot but he's lost his luster over the past few years.

I've given up on this show for now but might tune in to see the Lady Macbeth-type wife of Esposito's character. I think she starts appearing in the 3rd or 4th episode.

by Anonymousreply 5109/18/2012

[quote]I think it would have been more interesting to actually see life right after the blackout instead of fifteen years later.

It's from the folks who brought us Lost. There will be flashbacks.

How did the uncle manage to have aan entire luxury hotel to himself?

If they kill off the son, I'm gone.

by Anonymousreply 5209/18/2012

The uncle was apparently the bartender in the luxury hotel, where a lot of other people were living.

by Anonymousreply 5309/18/2012

I honestly don't think I'll be back. Everything was just too ridiculous and silly.

by Anonymousreply 5409/18/2012

Three good minutes, 27 awful ones, and I was gone.

by Anonymousreply 5509/18/2012

I haven't watched yet, r40, but if physics don't work, does that explain the downward trajectory of the planes? Also, wtf are they serious?

by Anonymousreply 5609/18/2012

All physics is broken.

Except for one lady's attic.

by Anonymousreply 5709/18/2012

Didn't watch it but it sounds ludicrious. Is it so hard for Hollywood to write something good and actually makes a little sense?

by Anonymousreply 5809/18/2012

Actually r14 planes can fall straight down and in a flat spin it has happened many times before and is generally an indication that the plane ran out of fuel and the engines quit.

by Anonymousreply 5909/18/2012

Yeah, no... sorry. A plane where everything just cut out would not suddenly stop and fall straight down.

And where would the spin come from? Maybe if it was in the middle of turning and everything froze that way (no controls), MAAAYYYBEE.

But really, no. Sorry. That was just ludicrous. But then the planes had all their lights on. Just the engines stopped I guess. And all forward momentum disappeared. And a sudden spin force materialized out of nowhere.

The writers/creaters of this show have no fucking clue how the world works (and doesn't work).

by Anonymousreply 6009/18/2012

[quote]The young girl who plays Charlie is extremely bland. Jennifer Lawrence she ain't. Bad casting mistake.

Yep, she's awful. Thank god Billy Burke plays Bella's father in the Twilight Saga, so he's used to working with talentless, young twats!

by Anonymousreply 6109/18/2012

Poorly written for all the reasons cited above, I mean CMON.

It's like they wanted to create a visual- ie. plane spinning out of the sky and tried to mold a scenario around it. No. Good writers could've created a great scene where a plane went dead silent and coasted to an inevitable end.

It's not THAT hard to push a little further and create a dramatic visual out of more realistic cause/effect. What would really happen if all the electricity went out on a plane? Are we assuming that batteries didn't work? NO- then show the lights in the distance- flying into a hillside or something... if Yes- then picture a VERY Starry SKy (No light polutoin) and suddenly a large dark shadow passing through the stars and the sudden WHOOSH of a wind that would be the sound of the plane flying right over their heads.

That would be better than spinning planes ffs.

by Anonymousreply 6209/18/2012

Alphas was good last night.

Not that this on topic, just thought I'd mention it.

by Anonymousreply 6309/18/2012

Already done, and infinitely better. The first three books in the series are fantastic, then it sadly degenerates into Celtic-Wicca nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 6409/18/2012

I couldn't sit through it. Bunch of nerds having sword fights.

by Anonymousreply 6509/18/2012

Looks like a mashup of Hunger Games, Lost, and Game of Thrones (looking for the secret weapon that can make the Colonel the ruler of all the other republics). The sword fight was terribly lame and I don't really want to know why the Taylor Lautner wanna-be saved that Jennifer Lawrence wanna-be two times in one episode even though he turned out to be a snitch in the last ten minutes.

by Anonymousreply 6609/18/2012

[quote]I think it would have been more interesting to actually see life right after the blackout instead of fifteen years later.

Hmm, I didn't know they jump ahead like that. I don't care about some post-apocalyptic world. Like in Walking Dead, it's more interesting to see the world try to adjust than drop in on people living a completely different lifestyle like it's some faux fantasy movie.

by Anonymousreply 6709/18/2012

[quote]Actually [R14] planes can fall straight down and in a flat spin it has happened many times before and is generally an indication that the plane ran out of fuel and the engines quit.

R60 is correct. A spin is a stall. Stalls typically result from loss of control rather than running out of fuel. Spin recovery for most planes requires idling the throttle and recovering the correct attitude so loss of power is not the fatal factor it would at first seem, although one needs sufficient altitude to recover from the spin.

Now I didn't see the program in question so I don't know why pilots couldn't glide their planes (at least the ones flying during daylight hours with good visibility); I guess the notion of aircraft suddenly plummeting from the skies is more dramatic.

by Anonymousreply 6809/18/2012

I haven't yet watched, but my biggest question from the previews was why it was bows and arrows and swords, when surely mechanical guns would still be around. It's not like you need electricity to fire a gun.

Maybe jumping ahead means everyone is out of ammo? If so, big cop out as a way to go back to the middle ages. Physics don't work? Really? How do we cook?

I usually like SF and fantasy, but this show might want me to suspend too much belief to pull me in.

by Anonymousreply 6909/18/2012

[quote] It was watched by almost 12 million. I have no interest in it, but it could stick around.

With Abrams involvement, there was always the possibility it was going to be the new Lost. As with his other recent sci-fi show Alcatraz, the audience will drop off fast. Alcatraz opened to 10 million viewers and had dropped to less than half of that by the 13th and final episode.

by Anonymousreply 7009/18/2012

its Abrams and the guy who did Supernatural - it might go somewhere but it will likely be a mess (still recovering from Alcatraz).

There were some fun ideas (all completely lubricous but fun still) but it did reek of nbc execs going "thats nice. can you make it more like hunger games" every 15 mins......

by Anonymousreply 7109/18/2012

R70.. Alcatraz was a mess. No wonder it got cancelled. It didn't even deserve a full season imo. It still bugs me that Fox went for Alcatraz instead of a show that had real promise, Locke and Key. Please watch the trailer at the link. I can't believe they passed up a quality show for the embarrassment that was Alcatraz.

by Anonymousreply 7209/18/2012

Alcatraz wasn't bad, but they were waiting too long to get to the sci-fi stuff which was supposed to be more in season 2.

by Anonymousreply 7309/18/2012

This plane spinning discussion is about as tiresome as the Mad Men/Peggy's Norwegian-Catholic debate.

by Anonymousreply 7409/19/2012

[quote]I haven't yet watched, but my biggest question from the previews was why it was bows and arrows and swords, when surely mechanical guns would still be around. It's not like you need electricity to fire a gun.

Well, there were some guns. But yeah, the inference is that ammo has run out over the course of 15 years, and it's reserved for only really necessary moments.

by Anonymousreply 7509/19/2012

Bullets and guns were manufactured long befoe electricity; it wouldn't be that difficult. There are just so many plot holes in this show so far.

by Anonymousreply 7609/19/2012

But why can't they MAKE electricity? And if electricity is gone from nature, too, wouldn't the universe collapse?

And, ooh, a Magical Negress!

by Anonymousreply 7709/19/2012

Are the producers expecting to go years before revealing the mystery? I am so tired of the survivor against survivor story. Been done to death.

by Anonymousreply 7809/19/2012

Very disappointed in this show, for all the reasons listed above.

R62's ideas for interesting plane sequences are far superior to what was aired. Flat spins, really? Wtf?!?!?

The problem with saying "physics stopped working" is that EVERYTHING is physics. Walking is physics, talking is physics, vision and light is physics ffs!

I'll give the show a couple more eps to get going, but if it continues to suck, then I have no problem dumping it from my life.

by Anonymousreply 7909/19/2012

Re: Alcatraz:

What I usually do with new shows is wait until the first season is finished and has been renewed for a second, before watching and getting interested in them.

Soon after I downloaded and watched the pilot of Alcatraz, I learned it'd been cancelled, and so I stopped watching it.

Saves me a lot of frustration and wasted energy.

by Anonymousreply 8009/19/2012

Oops, I mean "R79, who's just begun watching Breaking Bad"

by Anonymousreply 8109/19/2012

Outside of the box sci-fi/horror shows usually only last one season, though. Happy Town, The Gates, Persons Unknown and Wonderfalls are 3 recent series I liked that only lasted season. Yes it sucks that they don't get to do a satisfying final episode, but I figure one season is better than nothing.

by Anonymousreply 8209/19/2012

SO how long until we find out that the Elizabeth Mitchell character isn't dead, is in the Monroe Republic, and is one of the people responsible for the power outage?

by Anonymousreply 8309/19/2012

I also liked The River, the best post-Lost imitator I've seen. Netflix considered picking it up for a second season.

by Anonymousreply 8409/19/2012

Also...they say privately held guns have been confiscated by the militia...or attempted to be.

by Anonymousreply 8509/19/2012

The plot is so unbelievable. Us gays would have electricity back up within three days so we can use the hook-up app Grindr again.

by Anonymousreply 8609/19/2012

I imagine they are going to address most of our concerns in future eps.

by Anonymousreply 8709/19/2012

R87...you are funny!

by Anonymousreply 8809/20/2012

My concern is one average guy that single-handedly managed to kill about 2 dozen people. Will that be addressed?

by Anonymousreply 8909/24/2012

First cancelation of the new season.

by Anonymousreply 9009/24/2012

The only reason I'm watching this ludicrous program is because the "Can I get a hot tub?" guy from the State Farm commercial (see link) is on it, and he's quite hot. His name is Graham Rogers.

by Anonymousreply 9109/24/2012

Oops, didn't include the link to the "Can I get a hot tub?" State Farm commercial.

by Anonymousreply 9209/24/2012

R80, that's what I do. I've learnt to not get invested in TV.

by Anonymousreply 9309/24/2012

She's alive! Shocking!

by Anonymousreply 9409/26/2012

Episode two...also kind of crappy.

The girl lead...boy, she is not an actress.

What a shame.

by Anonymousreply 9509/26/2012

It's beating a lot of the other shows in the ratings.

Looks like Hawaii Five-O is starting to collapse.

by Anonymousreply 9609/26/2012

This show will collapse a few weeks down the road. Look for the second season of Smash to replace it in November.

by Anonymousreply 9709/26/2012

The speculation on 'the mystery' feels very similar to FlashForward to me, but the rest of the show feels a little like everything I hated about Terra Nova.

Were we supposed to know who the guy was that showed up at the end of the last episode? The black lady with a working dos computer used his name, but I didn't connect with who that is.

And a general comment - too much choreographed sword fighting.

by Anonymousreply 9809/28/2012

Nice product placement this week, Apple. We didn't see the brand name of the CD player that started playing when the special necklace glowed, but we clearly saw the Apple symbol when the mobile phone powered up.

How is it that the iPhone showed the current date and time? Isn't that information fed out over the cellular network?

by Anonymousreply 9910/03/2012

Somewhere, Apple persists after the apocalypse.

by Anonymousreply 10010/03/2012

Just read that "Revolution" has been given a whole season, and that it has high ratings numbers.

by Anonymousreply 10110/03/2012

high ratings for a "NBC show", because otherwise it sucks. the show will fizzle out. just like heroes and smash (where is that show again mid season airing?). sorry nbc, nice try.

by Anonymousreply 10210/03/2012

I can't believe they just killed off the only character that I was starting to be interested in.

But now I wonder how Apple will get their product placement in future episodes.

by Anonymousreply 10310/10/2012

I'll watch it again only if they do A Very Special Episode set in Amish country.

by Anonymousreply 10410/16/2012

OK, now I've watched 3 episodes.

It sucks, but Elizabeth Mitchell is still lesbian eye candy.

by Anonymousreply 10510/16/2012

NBC was number one with adults 18-49, while ABC won with total viewers.

On NBC, The Voice scored a 4.8 adults 18-49 rating, even with last week. Revolution garnered a 3.4 up 13% from last week's 3.0 among adults 18-49. This was a rare care of your predictions being way too pessimistic.

by Anonymousreply 10610/16/2012

The guy from the State Farm "Can I get a hot tub?" commercial is the only reason to watch this spittle of a show.

by Anonymousreply 10710/16/2012

So now they have two really strong TV actresses (Kim Raver and Elizabeth Mitchell) in the cast. But so far neither of them has been allowed to do much.

Hopefully the show is around long enough to let them both shine. I'd rather see both of those ladies hog the screen and they can kill off the girl and her uncle that are the current main characters.

by Anonymousreply 10810/16/2012

Does General Monroe ping for anybody besides me? Maybe it's just his portrayer, David Lyons.

by Anonymousreply 10910/16/2012

Now they've killed another smart, interesting female character...while the idiot Charlie continues to walk around.

by Anonymousreply 11010/20/2012

Best Friend? I think not.

by Anonymousreply 11110/20/2012

Next Revolution

by Anonymousreply 11210/21/2012

Horses & Bayonets

by Anonymousreply 11310/23/2012

Was there a new episode last night? My DVR didn't record one. Was it bumped for the debate?

by Anonymousreply 11410/23/2012

Tumblr blog for Revolution

by Anonymousreply 11510/27/2012

I love the fact that the villain is The Cape.

by Anonymousreply 11610/27/2012

You and I are the only onesthatunderstand that.

by Anonymousreply 11710/27/2012

How is Elizabeth Mitchell?

by Anonymousreply 11810/27/2012

Mitchell is good, but underused at this point. Only a scene or two each episode.

by Anonymousreply 11910/27/2012

I'm surprised there's still a market for these mediocre half-baked Lost rip-offs in 2012.

by Anonymousreply 12010/27/2012

Why are amazing actors like Giancarlo Esposito and Andre Braugher in this genre crap? (Braugher's in The Last Resort.)

I always figure racism, but then I think, they are working and have had decent roles.

Esposito is hot as hell, too.

by Anonymousreply 12110/28/2012

[quote]How come the google guy is fat?

He's not fat. He's big-boned.

by Anonymousreply 12210/28/2012

Thank you R116. I have been trying to figure out why he looked familiar and kept forgetting to check IMDB. Much like I forget to watch this show in real time.

by Anonymousreply 12310/28/2012

R121, don't blame racism for Esposito and Braugher's career choices. Neither has the career of, say, Jeffrey Wright who gets to do quality work on stage and feature films. I wish both of them would return to doing theater in NY from time to time.

by Anonymousreply 12410/28/2012

Danny captured but is he really a guest?

Tom gets promoted to Major and gets to torture people (yippee)

by Anonymousreply 12510/28/2012

Gus Fring lives!

by Anonymousreply 12610/29/2012

Oh shit, Jacob from Lost is on there too.

What was the actor who plays Miles on before?

by Anonymousreply 12710/30/2012

I'm really loving this show.

I find it thrilling and the actors are uniformly strong.

I'd given up on most non-cable programming, but this is great stuff.

by Anonymousreply 12810/30/2012

NBC just announced that it will go on a break from early December to late March.

by Anonymousreply 12910/30/2012

I'm still frustrated by the acting and story development.

by Anonymousreply 13010/30/2012

I think the nutty guy last night was on lost, too. The cute curly headed guy was on ER.

by Anonymousreply 13110/30/2012

R129 that's the same thing NBC did with The Event. When it came back everyone had moved on to other shows and no one cared. I hope this doesn't happen to Revolution.

by Anonymousreply 13210/30/2012

Just spotted the pilot from Lost

by Anonymousreply 13310/30/2012

Danny (Can I get a hot tub!) is the only eye candy post-apocalypse.

by Anonymousreply 13410/30/2012

Why r132, it's a pile of garbage that needs to be left on the curb. Just like The Event was.

by Anonymousreply 13510/30/2012

I hope they get the power back soon r134 so we can see Danny in a hot tub....or something along those lines.

by Anonymousreply 13610/30/2012

The problem is the sister and brother are charisma free so I don't really care about them. I like the fat Google guy, Elizabeth Mitchell is usually good, and Miles is growing on me.

by Anonymousreply 13710/31/2012

I'm surprised that I'm liking this show. I almost deleted 4 eps without watching them.

by Anonymousreply 13810/31/2012

Is ANYBODY watching FARM KINGS? those guys are HAWWWWT!!! They still need to take their shirts off more.

by Anonymousreply 13910/31/2012

r139, thanks for the recommendation. I will check it out.

by Anonymousreply 14010/31/2012

Aftershow

by Anonymousreply 14111/01/2012

Actors from Taken and Sons of Anarchy are joining NBC’s Revolution.

First up is Leland Orser. He’s best known from the Taken franchise, and was a regular on ER and appeared as memorably panicked characters in Seven and Alien Resurrection. Orser will play a John Sanborn, a tense scientist who loves to build weapons.

Next is Patrick St. Esprit, who was the lumberyard owner/ex-mayoral candidate on Sons and was on The Chicago Code. He’s going to play Wayne Ramsey, a tough leader in the rebel resistance against Gen. Monroe.

Both parts are possible-recurring guest star slots on the fall breakout drama, which airs Mondays at 10 p.m. (if you missed the show this week during the literal East Coast blackout, try to find it — arguably the strongest episode since the pilot).

by Anonymousreply 14211/01/2012

The former Google guy with the glasses is becoming my favorite character.

by Anonymousreply 14311/01/2012

I'm hanging in with this show, but they need to kick it up a notch.

by Anonymousreply 14411/01/2012

I had to groan the whole time there was a flashback with the Google guy and his Asian fiancee who was all about 'I do not care about your money, that you are fat, that you are helpless, that you cannot defend me, etc.'. To me the woman was a total overkill of virtue.

by Anonymousreply 14511/01/2012

There is another show called "Survivors" about after the apocalypse that is pretty good.

It was made by the BBC and 99% of the population is dead from a virus.

It is a little Disney-fied (no bodies laying around for example) but they do look at different aspects of survival thoughtfully.

It's on Amazon prime for free, maybe other places.

by Anonymousreply 14611/02/2012

This whole 'Fellowship of the Pendants' thing has lost my interest. The long, slow journey of the rag-tag crew is just full of side-story distractions.

Each week they put all the interesting stuff in the last 2 minutes of the episode. If they keep dishing out the core of the mystery in just those closing few minutes, they can keep this show going for many years. But they'll probably lose me after the upcoming winter hiatus.

by Anonymousreply 14711/13/2012

NBC was number one with adults 18-49, while ABC won with total viewers.

On NBC, The Voice earned a 4.3 down 4% from last week's 4.5 adults 18-49 rating. [bold]Revolution scored a series-low 2.6 among adults 18-49, down 7% from last week's 2.8.[/bold] Your predictions were too optimistic.

by Anonymousreply 14811/13/2012

It is too unrealistic that these people keep fighting off their enemies every time when they are out-armed and outmanned.

by Anonymousreply 14911/14/2012

It's also unrealistic that their hair is always so clean and shiny, and their clothing is never filthy.

by Anonymousreply 15011/14/2012

Gus's wife has highlighted hair, can you still do that without power?

by Anonymousreply 15111/14/2012

r151 - oops referring to the black guy who used to play Gus on Breaking Bad, too lazy to look up his character name on this show.

by Anonymousreply 15211/14/2012

They could probably still do a homemade version of highlighting using bleach or lemon juice....buy why would they bother?

by Anonymousreply 15311/14/2012

r124, both of them have families, which might account for them staying in TV.

Esposito has 4 daughters and I think Braugher has at least 3 kids.

Also, career choices are based on whatever is on offer for all but the top 0.5% of actors.

I could see racism derailing them in movies, but I am a bit surprised they are doing this kind of TV show.

by Anonymousreply 15411/14/2012

I'm watching he season premier of Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 15511/14/2012

The battle for power is building to one EPIC showdown.

Sneak a peek at tonight’s new episode, which features the music of Led Zeppelin Official!

by Anonymousreply 15611/19/2012

This show sucks without Danny "Can I get a hot tub?"

by Anonymousreply 15711/19/2012

I wanted to like this show but it's very slow. I watch now justcause I'm curious why the lights went out. I zone on most stuff: Charlie, Nora, the militia crap, GC Esposito's evil act, sword fights, hostage Rachel.

I will admit I perked up when Kashmir came on.

by Anonymousreply 15811/19/2012

When does Danny (Graham Rogers) come back?

by Anonymousreply 15911/20/2012

And it was another hour of Fellowship of the Pendants nonsense - with hallucinations to top it all off. What a waste.

As usual the only story advancement was the last 5 minutes with the mom stabbing the scientist whose presence would have made keeping her alive unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 16111/20/2012

Tonight's BIG fall finale changes everything you thought you knew about Revolution.

by Anonymousreply 16211/26/2012

Have they even revealed what caused the blackout and where those pendants came from?Is this going to end up being some alien invasion bullshit,cause you'd have thought Elizabeth would have learned to steer clear of that after V tanked.

by Anonymousreply 16311/27/2012

Monroe and Miles acted like a pair of jilted lovers in last night's episode.

by Anonymousreply 16411/27/2012

It didn't change anything that I thought I knew, r162.

I wonder why Kim Raver left Grey's Anatomy and took this show. At least she had some dialog and stuff to do as Teddy.

by Anonymousreply 16511/27/2012

Can someone give the scoop on what happened last nite?

by Anonymousreply 16611/27/2012

I don't think she left Grey's of her own free will R65

by Anonymousreply 16711/27/2012

In a nutshell, r166, the fellowship group finally got to the compound where the 'can I get a hot tub' kid and Elizabeth Mitchell are being held. There's a reunion in a holding cell between sister, brother, and mom who was thought dead.

But the bad guys did a Sophie's Choice thing to make Elizabeth pick which of her kids would get killed if she didn't finish making that machine.

So she finished the amplification device, bad guys used it to power up a military helicopter, fellowship group escapes the compound, and the show ended with that chopper aiming its guns on the escaping group (which now includes mom and brother).

by Anonymousreply 16811/27/2012

this show is crap, along with Guys with kids. How did these shows ever get greenlighted?

by Anonymousreply 16911/27/2012

Don't get too invested..it ain't gonna be around in a year.

by Anonymousreply 17011/27/2012

Thanks r168. It doesn't sound too exciting

by Anonymousreply 17111/27/2012

I have the last 3 episodes on my DVR and just can't work up the energy to watch them.

by Anonymousreply 17211/28/2012

Did the "can I get a hot tub" kid get a lot screen time? Was he shirtless at all?

by Anonymousreply 17311/28/2012

This show is so bad but the twink brother is cute. Too bad he's such a wuss in the show and can't act for shit.

by Anonymousreply 17411/28/2012

It's the highest rated new show of the season. It isn't getting cancelled anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 17511/28/2012

Was he "Evil" guy wearing guyliner and what is wrong with his forehead,it was all lumpy and misshapen.

by Anonymousreply 17611/28/2012

Its a good show for the Twihard crowd.

by Anonymousreply 17711/28/2012

Blah Blah Blah about the first half of Season 1

by Anonymousreply 17811/29/2012

Just watched the season. I completely agree it's crap. I completely agree that it makes no sense. I completely LOVE it and I can't believe the stupid thing doesn't come back until MARCH.

Madly in love with Miles. Love the gay subtext between him and Monroe. Or really, not even subtext.

Love that Mark Pellegrino is on there, even if just periodically.

Thought I'd hate it and quit after two or three eps. But Miles . . . YUM.

by Anonymousreply 17912/08/2012

What was going to be 12 remaining episodes this season has now been cut to 10 more shows.

Not the worst sign ever, but not very promising either.

As much as I'm torn about enjoying the show, I think they do themselves more damage than they have to by taking this 3 month hiatus mid season.

by Anonymousreply 18001/07/2013

When is this coming back?

by Anonymousreply 18102/17/2013

March 25.

by Anonymousreply 18202/17/2013

Thank you, R182.

by Anonymousreply 18302/17/2013

Anyone watching "Zero Hour" starring Anthony Andrews? I mean Edwards. Anthony Edwards.

by Anonymousreply 18402/17/2013

Never mind. I found the thread for "Zero Hour."

by Anonymousreply 18502/17/2013

NBC has been promoting the shit out of the return of Revolution next Monday.

They are going to get their feelings hurt if the audience doesn't improve significantly over current time slot holder Deception.

by Anonymousreply 18603/21/2013

So On Demand has all 10 of the previous episodes. Marathon time.

by Anonymousreply 18703/21/2013

I assume that people will be curious about the new judges/coaches on The Voice so it will get a higher debut rating that it would have otherwise.

That might boost the viewers for Revolution on the first night back. But by next week I expect it will get back to normal.

Either way, it's gotta get more viewers than Deception did.

by Anonymousreply 18803/25/2013

This show is really slow, ponderous and ridiculous, but I'm keeping with it for the relationship between Miles and Monroe -- Bass Monroe seems to be in love with Miles. Those guys have an intense love/hate thing going and I'm kinda shipping them.

Thank you, Eric Kripke.

by Anonymousreply 18903/25/2013

I can't believe this cheesy show hasn't been cancelled yet. "I'm going to turn the power back on!" Mkay honey

by Anonymousreply 19003/25/2013

Casting that girl was really a disastrous mistake. And I doubt she'll be an improvement in tonight's episode.

by Anonymousreply 19103/25/2013

I like it. It's different and I also like the Miles/Monroe love story/breakup. I think it's gonna be the hell hath no fury like a dictator scorned situation from here on between them. Hopefully there will be some blips of memories of the two of them before the breakup.

The relationship of Giancarlo Esposito's character and his son is also intriguing.

They ordered 10 more eps. I'll stick with it and just see.

by Anonymousreply 19203/25/2013

I really am trying to keep with this show but God, it's a battle.

Most of the actors on t ere I enjoy watching so thought I would give it a chance but I think it might be my last week. Can't do it anymore

by Anonymousreply 19303/25/2013

Thank God they killed off Danny. I hope they kill off Charlie in the season finale. Girl needs to go off and take acting lessons.

by Anonymousreply 19403/25/2013

Holy Crap r194. I haven't watched the episode yet, but if they really killed off Danny, there is at least one guy who posts on here (or did last fall) that will be done with the show.

The 'Can I get a hottub' kid was the only reason he was watching this mostly tedious program.

by Anonymousreply 19503/28/2013

Killing Danny was a good start. Maybe they will also kill fat bearded guy, Son of Giancarlo Esposito, Latina rebel, and Charlie?

by Anonymousreply 19603/30/2013

I loved the mention of Governor Affleck in California.

by Anonymousreply 19704/02/2013

Things have gone right back to normal as far as the ratings for this show. The new episode set a new series low for the adult demographic.

Still, it's getting more viewers than a lot of other NBC programs, so I'm we'll see the full season.

by Anonymousreply 19804/03/2013

R198 that's because the target audience for this show is pre-teens.

by Anonymousreply 19904/03/2013

Correction: the market is pre-teens, along with the stupidest of fraus (and gay men, regrettably).

by Anonymousreply 20004/07/2013

Lionel Richie? Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 20104/09/2013

I thought the same thing, r201. Couldn't they afford the rights to some decent music?

And again I wonder why Kim Raver left Grey's Anatomy, where they at least gave her stuff to do each episode, and ended up taking this show where she's on about every 3rd episode and doesn't get to do a damn thing.

Also I'm wondering about who NBC tried to fool by attempting to market the second part of the season as 'This is when everything changes!' but it all feels exactly the same to me.

by Anonymousreply 20204/10/2013

Because NBC bumped the show for a special about the Boston bombing last night, they are going to run that episode next week and push out the remaining shows accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 20304/16/2013

So... apparently they resolved the mystery of how and why the power went out... and nobody's talking about it. Did the reveal suck that much, or does nobody care?

by Anonymousreply 20404/16/2013

I don't care, R204.

They make us wait all this time to see if they save the cute blond boy, and then they kill him off?

FUCK REVOLUTION. FUCK NBC. Whoever made this decision deserves to have dog shit shoved up his nose five times a day.

by Anonymousreply 20504/16/2013

How's the white kid with the yellow skin doing?

by Anonymousreply 20604/16/2013

They have only offered the vaguest explanation possible, r204. In fact during the last episode it seemed like Elizabeth Mitchell was going to explain all to the Google dude, but it turns out she only knows part of the story.

There has been no technical explanation for what happened. We only know that the team of scientists that Mitchell and her husband were part of were not happy that Randall and the Department of Defense wanted to use their 'invention' (?) for warfare purposes.

But they used it - whatever that means exactly - and now The Tower is the place that they need to get to if they want to restart everything.

That's about the level of detail that they've given. Not much of any explanation at all.

by Anonymousreply 20704/16/2013

So these micromachines (nanites?) have something to do with the power being out.

"Can I Get a Hottub" had one inside him because he had cancer and it kept the cancer at bay. We saw Elizabeth Mitchell cut it out of him after he died.

And this week Meredith Grey's mother (I need to learn the names of these characters) showed up with the secret book on how to do whatever they have to do once they get to The Tower. She also had a loved one (her other-race, lesbian lover?...that's the vibe I got) with cancer being kept alive by the nanites.

Apparently doing what they need to do at The Tower to restart the power means the nanites of the world cease to work. Who knows how many there are or what they are all doing besides stopping cancer cells from multiplying? But that's apparently how Elizabeth Mitchell initially agreed to play along because the pay off was that her son got the cancer curing nanite in his body.

Whatever.

by Anonymousreply 20804/26/2013

So... putting the entire world through untold suffering with many millions of deaths so that one person doesn't die from cancer?

What a selfish cunt.

by Anonymousreply 20904/26/2013

I think it was like she was being blackmailed by the offer. Yeah, you know we can save your kid and all you have to do is keep helping us with this other thing....

by Anonymousreply 21004/26/2013

Just from reading the last 10 posts, I'm glad I gave up on the show.

by Anonymousreply 21104/26/2013

What's the skin color of "Can I Get a Hot Tub"?

by Anonymousreply 21204/26/2013

Revolution is one of the shows that NBC is renewing for another season.

by Anonymousreply 21304/26/2013

I couldn't watch that business with the compound fracture, so I have no idea what Rachel said to Aaron.

by Anonymousreply 21405/07/2013

okay so what I don't get (more lost crap) if these pendandts stop the nanites and they can build an amplifer big enough to power a helicopter - how is it danny did not die when he came in contact with the field that shut down the nanites?

nevermind they spent the whole 9 episodes rescuing danny to have him die when they come back from a 2 month hiatus...

stupid.

by Anonymousreply 21505/07/2013

I'm not sure what Danny suffered from. But Jane's gf has cancer. Jane has been willing to use power for a few minutes here and there, so apparently it doesn't cause instant death. I gather that if the power came on and stayed on, the gf would die as the cancer progressed. Maybe it was something similar for Danny.

by Anonymousreply 21605/07/2013

Did they bring back Danny? I didn't watch again after they killed him. There is no fictional universe I want to inhabit in which he doesn't get to gut and cook Giancarlo Esposito in the end.

by Anonymousreply 21705/07/2013

So they are at The Tower and it seems like anyone that matters on the show is there now - and most are inside, except for the dude from Breaking Bad and his son.

But of course it can't be as simple as just turning shit back on. First off they have to convince the underground dwellers that guard the place to allow them to - or overtake them by force. Then what magical black woman (somebody called her something like that early in this thread) Grace revealed is that there's a slight possibility they are wrong about what flipping the switch will do. She says it might set the world on fire. Was that supposed to be a metaphor?

From the preview it looks like they go ahead anyway and light it up next week during the finale.

I don't understand why they have security cameras all over the compound, but Monroe got to just sneak away at the end there when the mole people captured Google guy, Charlie, and Charlie's mom from Lost.

by Anonymousreply 21805/29/2013

Revolution had a panel at Comic-Con. They released the trailer for Season 2 along with a little bit of teaser info.

Apparently the power is only restored long enough to laugh nukes.

by Anonymousreply 21907/21/2013

Tracy Spiradikos is gayer than Ellen Degenerate (typo- and it stays). Everyone I know who sees this show complains about her. Did she get killed of yet?

by Anonymousreply 22007/21/2013

Graham Rogers aka Danny aka Can I get a hot tub kid finally got his kit off, in Hawaii on vacation.

by Anonymousreply 22107/21/2013

Link to a Season 2 thread for the premier (now on Wednesdays) tonight.

by Anonymousreply 22209/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.