Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Chew -- Anyone else caught this shitstorm?

Holy moly. Every couple of weeks I get my haircut (my barber cuts Anderson's hair, BTW). I tend to go at lunchtime. And it never fails that they turn on the TV to The Chew.

Within about 30 seconds, I'm grinding my teeth. It's like Chinese water torture...these ninnies screaming everything and the audience hooting and hollering.

They basically cook and yak the whole hour. Like they'll open the show and someone will be making hamburgers and another host will quiz them about it. They'll say, "Ah, but I have a secret." Audiences goes "Ooooohhhhhhh." "Guess what I put in my burgers? [pregnant pause] Mayonnaise!" Audience erupts in applause.

And on and on and on it goes.

It's almost like someone at ABC on a goof said, well, gee, if we want to replicate the success of The View -- now I know we can't just do a show with chicks sitting around a table talking -- so we do The Chew. Yes, and instead of sitting they'll be cooking and talking.

The government should intervene and forces ABC stations to run color bars that hour. Truly.

It's even more painful that watching the daytime shows on the CW and Fox affiliates where you get bombarded with ads for jazzies and getting rich quick through the good fortune of having taken Vioxx or given birth to a mongoloid.

by Anonymousreply 9505/04/2015

It has been canceled, dear..

by Anonymousreply 109/15/2012

[quote]my barber cuts Anderson's hair, BTW

Oh just fuck off OP.

by Anonymousreply 209/15/2012

The Chew has not been cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 409/15/2012

OP has seen a picture of Coop in the barber shop window on Seventh Avenue South, but hasn't ventured in.

by Anonymousreply 509/15/2012

The most unattractive cast in television history. Every sentence Batali utters is about being Italian. Every recipe is Italian, yeah we get it, you're Italian. Nobody brings anything special to the table. The constantly giggling bald guy is the most horrendous. They could have shit canned this show for a hour of dead air and been more entertaining. They should have kept "Good Afternoon America".

by Anonymousreply 709/15/2012

Mario also looks like a greasy slob and should not be on TV. Ugh I hate that guy. And I hate that they cancelled OLTL and replaced it with this shit!

by Anonymousreply 909/15/2012

Technically they canceled AMC for The Chew and replaced OLTL with The Revolution, which in turn has already been canceled. If you think The Chew is bad, it had nothing on the dreck that was The Revolution.

by Anonymousreply 1009/15/2012

Nope, The Revolution's sin was just being boring. The Chew is in a whole different class of awful.

by Anonymousreply 1109/15/2012

The Revolution was a lot more than boring. Ty Pennington shrieked and screached through every segment. He was beyond annoying.

by Anonymousreply 1209/15/2012

Next up on ABC: THE POO!

by Anonymousreply 1309/15/2012

[quote]Ty Pennington shrieked and screached through every segment. He was beyond annoying.

Yes, but you didn't turn to stone if you looked him directly in the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 1409/15/2012

I like Mario and Clinton. Hate Oz's kid.

by Anonymousreply 1609/15/2012

Michael Simon is sex on a stick...would love to taste him

by Anonymousreply 1809/15/2012

The most horrible daytime show ever!! Abc please cancel soon and bring back the soaps

by Anonymousreply 2111/28/2012

Mario Batali was born and raised in Seattle not Italy. But just because he has an Italian name, oh, he must be an expert on Italian food. NOT.

His recipes suck. They are not authentic and he couldn't even make it on the Food Network that long.

I have no problem with Italian American food vs food from Italy but he is neither. Just bastardized version of what we think they cook in Italy.

He is sort of like faux Italian.

by Anonymousreply 2211/28/2012

I just find Mario so unappealing to look at that the thought of tasting his makes me want to explore anorexia.

by Anonymousreply 2311/28/2012

All this talk about The Chew but no mention of what a queen Clinton Kelly is on the show?

Interestingly, even though he's openly gay and married to a man in real life, he doesn't talk about that on the show.

Well at least that's what I've observed that times I've seen segments of The Chew (I've never watched an entire show). And none of the DL regulars have posted anything about him talking about being gay on the show.

by Anonymousreply 2411/28/2012

Is Clinton still on that What Not to Wear show or has that gone by the way side?

by Anonymousreply 2511/28/2012

[quote] "Every couple of weeks I get my haircut (my barber cuts Anderson's hair, BTW). "

[bold] MARY! [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 2711/28/2012

I don't hate the show, but sometimes I wish it were just The Carla Hall Show.

by Anonymousreply 2811/28/2012

My Mother and I went to see THE CHEW this morning; we had tickets for months.

While we were on line, a guy came out and said they overbooked so they gave us VIP tickets for another date of our choosing. Since I put the car in a garage 10 minutes earlier, I got stuck paying $18 and a tunnel toll for nothing!

I was pissed and we were tired, so we came home.

by Anonymousreply 2911/28/2012

I ADORE this show! It makes being unemployed less sad and more enjoyable!

by Anonymousreply 3101/11/2013

I can't stand Michael Simon's laugh!

by Anonymousreply 3201/11/2013

I find the show more entertaining than most others. I like all the personalities on the show. Some of the guests are unknown to me, but I have no problem watching it daily.

by Anonymousreply 3301/11/2013

There is a spinoff coming in a few months, to be called, The Expectorant. The talk-format will tackle the weighty problem of getting a bad taste out of one's mouth.

by Anonymousreply 3401/11/2013

The show is on now and Jewell is the guest! The cooking is getting to Clinton (the gay guy); he admitted to adding 15 pounds, but he looks today like he added 30 pounds!

by Anonymousreply 3503/18/2013

don't like the show at all.

carla hall is hideous. eeww she was hit with 2 ugly sticks.

and they are cheap. i went to a taping and got NOTHING. not even tasted the food.

mario needs to shave his head. the whole bald on top ponytail in the back is NASTY.

by Anonymousreply 3605/04/2013

Lordy... I caught a quick glimpse of Carla in a 2 piece.

She's brave, I'll give her that!

by Anonymousreply 3905/04/2013

Apparently this Carla Hall woman was a model. Hard to believe.

by Anonymousreply 4005/04/2013

[quote](my barber cuts Anderson's hair, BTW).

Mary! Smell [italic]you![/italic]

by Anonymousreply 4105/04/2013

It's 16 bucks, you dumb fuck.

by Anonymousreply 4205/04/2013

[quote]All this talk about The Chew but no mention of what a queen Clinton Kelly is on the show?

I don't like him. He seems snotty and bitchy.

by Anonymousreply 4305/04/2013

[quote] Apparently this Carla Hall woman was a model. Hard to believe

A model what? citizen?

by Anonymousreply 4405/04/2013

Clinton Kelly is married to another man and the show did a feature at their apartment not long ago. Supposedly they were cooking but they were laughing about it -- not for real. They have a house in CT as well as the small apartment. I like Clinton, find him funny.

by Anonymousreply 4505/04/2013

I like the show. The Oz girl is pretentious and is always "look how perfect I am." I don't like her.

by Anonymousreply 4605/04/2013

I don't think Batali likes the black woman. He makes some real stinging remarks to her that don't seem like friendly ribbing. It really is noticeable and uncomfortable to watch.

by Anonymousreply 4705/04/2013

The black woman's name is Carla. That's not hard to write or remember.

by Anonymousreply 4805/04/2013

[quote]I don't think Batali likes the black woman.

He's probably either jealous that she has better hair than him or that she's a better cook.

by Anonymousreply 4905/05/2013

[quote]Apparently this Carla Hall woman was a model. Hard to believe.

You're right, it IS hard to believe. I had to see for myself and I found some old shots:

by Anonymousreply 5005/05/2013

Carla is so likeable though. I loved her on Top Chef, she seems genuinely funny and kooky. I like her energy. She should have her own show, maybe O can cook up something (get it?) for Carla on the O network.

by Anonymousreply 5105/05/2013

Carla reminds me of Tracy Ellis Ross.

by Anonymousreply 5205/05/2013

R48, yeah, it is. If I would have remembered her name or actually have known it I would have written it.

by Anonymousreply 5305/05/2013

DYING laughing at their Spice Girls' halloween costume outfits! Seeing Batali and Symon as Ginger and Sporty Spice was simply hilarious. Clinton was WAY too comfortable as Posh:

by Anonymousreply 5510/31/2013

Anderson Cooper gets his hair cut by a barber?

by Anonymousreply 5610/31/2013

I LOVE this show.

Mario Batali (Goop's buddy), no surprise, is the only real idiot of the bunch.

by Anonymousreply 5710/31/2013

Maybe you should stop going to Supercuts and get a real hair stylist, cheapo.

by Anonymousreply 5810/31/2013

The video is even better. You work that lipstick and wig with your beard, Mario, you sexy rotund ginger bitch!

by Anonymousreply 5910/31/2013

I had a dream. The Chew was canceled. All the people on the show had to get real jobs. There ego suffering amused me. It was such a beautiful dream. If only dreams really did come chew.

by Anonymousreply 6011/19/2013

are the chew hosts all fags. i hate that bald guy and his two other guys. are they GAY? THEY look like they have a lovers spat all the time.they are so homely and creepy'

by Anonymousreply 6111/19/2013

Where's r1? I thought this had been cancelled, dear.

by Anonymousreply 6211/19/2013

Sat what you want about Batali(such as being insufferably smug), but he's one helluva' businessman. He and that schmuck Joe Bastianich(Hi! Lidia) have a string of restaurants, 23 at last count. SOMEbody must like his idea of Italian food.

by Anonymousreply 6311/19/2013

This is my secret pleasure. I enjoy it way more than I thought I would. It's just a light-hearted fun show.

by Anonymousreply 6511/19/2013

Yuck! Anyone see the other day Daphne's disgusting "10 Layer Bar" creation? Sickening! This bitch is not a damn cook-she and Clinton don't belong on a food show. Disgusting recipe in link:

by Anonymousreply 6601/10/2014

Michael Simon looks so horrible in street clothes.

by Anonymousreply 6701/10/2014

What's will all the dorky plaid shirts?

by Anonymousreply 6801/10/2014

I hate this show but always liked Michael Symon's Food Network shows and appearances on Iron Chef. I haven't been to any of his restaurants, but his food seems appealing, with Eastern European and Greek influences you don't always see on these shows. I also like his lack of pretension.

by Anonymousreply 6901/10/2014

Food Network is now ripping this show off with their own version called "The Kitchen" (weekly, not daily) with Sunny Anderson, Katie Lee, Jeff Mauro, Geoffrey Zakarian and Marcela Valladolid.

Speaking of Marcela -- whatever happened with her homewrecking romance with Paul Hollywood from "American Baking Competition"?

by Anonymousreply 7001/10/2014

I just flip by it, but those milliseconds have been enough to result in nausea and headache. WHAT is that black-haired freak bitch with the clown eye glasses? The fat mouthy cook? The "cute" straight guy who also never shuts up? The mouse girl? Christ - they're all hideous.

by Anonymousreply 7101/10/2014

Isaac. Good barber. I've been going longer than Anderson. Ben lived in my building until he shacked up with the Coop. BTW.

by Anonymousreply 7201/10/2014

This complete turd of a show is on every day in the break room and my life is suffering from it. Each person on it is worse than the next. The onslaught of fake laughter and cheering for people that are both un appealing and horrifiyingly annoying is sickening. Do the world a favor and never let these idiots on tv again.

by Anonymousreply 7304/29/2014

I see it at work all the time too. Carla Hall is beyond annoying and Mario Batali is gross. The only tolerable person is Clinton and maybe Daphne.

by Anonymousreply 7404/29/2014

[quote](my barber cuts Anderson's hair, BTW)

How many conversations do you work this into, Namedroppy?

by Anonymousreply 7504/29/2014

Between the food, the booze and the coke, how has Batali not had a heart attack by now?

by Anonymousreply 7604/29/2014

sexy

by Anonymousreply 7704/29/2014

Clinton and Daphne really shouldn't even be on here as they aren't fucking chefs! Daphne doesn't even have a medical or nutritional degree yet thanks to her daddy Dr. OZ, she's the health authority on the show.

Carla is fun so I enjoy her. I don't mind the other 2 but I don't care for any of the food cooked on this show.

by Anonymousreply 7804/29/2014

R40 You've got to be shitting me. No way was she a model.

by Anonymousreply 7904/29/2014

by Anonymousreply 8004/29/2014

The name is gross,everyone talking at the same time. The show is an accident.

by Anonymousreply 8111/19/2014

I like it when the "APPLAUSE!" light comes on whenever anything related to chocolate happens, and the studio audience dutifully complies.

by Anonymousreply 8211/19/2014

They cancelled my soaps for this crap.

by Anonymousreply 8311/19/2014

[quote] While we were on line, a guy came out and said they overbooked so they gave us VIP tickets for another date of our choosing

VIP tickets to The Chew?

Brrrrffffppp!

That must be like the oral surgeon booking you a special 90 minute appointment.

by Anonymousreply 8411/19/2014

Carla Hall should get a recurring role as Tracee Ellis Ross's younger sister on "Black-ish."

by Anonymousreply 8511/19/2014

The capitalist self-help authors want you to blame yourself so you do not blame the wealthy & their corporations for your spiritual poverty.

by Anonymousreply 8611/19/2014

So sorry people but I watch The Chew all the time and I have to say I really enjoy this show , kind of like anything on TV if you do not like it change the darn channel.

by Anonymousreply 8702/04/2015

Saw it today for the first time. With the cheesey lot of them, forced banter, live audience, applause, rapid fire recipes -- and today they made boeuf bourguignon with chicken meatballs -- it should be called "The Spew". Bleh.

by Anonymousreply 8802/05/2015

I wonder when that fat chef is gonna have a heart attack. He is so fat!

by Anonymousreply 8902/05/2015

I don't know what you people are all so worked up about. This show is harmless fun. The View, on the other hand...

by Anonymousreply 9002/05/2015

It's my guilty pleasure!

by Anonymousreply 9102/05/2015

Has there ever been a more unlikable cast of idiots doing nothing? I mean Live With Kathy/Kelly is pretty bad, maybe as bad as this, yes, definitely as bad as this, but this has a big cast of UGLY/Goofy/DumbAss people--is Carla even human? Is Clinton A. Cohen's gay twin? B/C he is every bit as queeny as A.C.

It has to be cheap to produce. I didn't watch soaps, but they have to be better than this.

Doesn't Mario's clan own Eataly, that tourist trap pseudo Italian chain, and didn't he and his sister steal tips from their NYC restaurant servers? Anyone know if these stories are true.

The Chew--makes me want to take a ****.

by Anonymousreply 9202/05/2015

I love this show and watch it every day. Clinton is a hoot.

by Anonymousreply 9302/05/2015

I love Carla's personality. Ever since I first saw her on Top Chef, I knew she would have a future on tv. She's so likable. As for the rest of the cast, Clinton's personality is fine but he's not a chef or baker so I don't get why he's on the show. Daphne is like Kelly Osbourne and has no business on the show either but being an Oz gets you far. Batali and Symon are professionals like Carla, but I don't care for them too much.

by Anonymousreply 9402/05/2015

Carla is extremely annoying. She constantly acts like she I thinks she is so hot, but she is just a super skinny obnoxious attention getter. Mario dresses like a slob. Enough italian crap. (And I'm married to an Italian) daphne oz is only there cause she is dr oz' s daughter. Terrible cast and tired old canned laughter.

by Anonymousreply 9505/04/2015
Need more help? Click Here.