Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Gays and Tennis, Part 4

With the US Open completed, is anyone here going to pay attention to the remaining 2012 masters events?

Who will end the year at #1, Federer or Djokovic?

Is Murray's 2012 a fluke or the real deal?

Will 2013 bring the Nole of 2011 or 2012?

What's going on with Rafa?

Gossip away, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 60001/10/2013

Bitch it's not only ATP! WTA too. Yes I do follow tennis all year round :) It's my favorite sport.

I say Murray and Sharapova will both flop majorly in 2013.

by Anonymousreply 109/14/2012

So sorry, R1! Yes, WTA too.

How much longer can Serena stay on top at 30?

by Anonymousreply 209/14/2012

I want Fed to stay atop the year-end rankings but he has a ton of points to defend, he won pretty much every tournament of note this time last year.

I definitely don't think Murray's win is a fluke, if anything I think getting the monkey off his back will free him up to play better tennis.

by Anonymousreply 309/14/2012

Here's a video of Djoko and his guests (including Anna Wintour and Tommy Hilfiger) at the inaugural dinner for his foundation from a few days ago. He looks and sounds exhausted, probably from losing the US Open final.

The goal of the foundation is to raise money for kids in Serbia. It must be hard to feel as if you have to carry the weight of your country on your shoulders at all times. On top of that, I've read that his father (who allegedly used to verbally and physically abuse him) has been having affairs and is still trying to control his money.

by Anonymousreply 409/14/2012

Isn't Joker in his mid twenties?

Why doesn't he tell his old man to fuck off?

by Anonymousreply 509/14/2012

I've noticed a lot of the tennis players, female AND male seem to be heavily involved with their parents even as after they're adults. It's fascinating to me but disturbing.

So what do we think of Melzer and Benesova getting married? Remember Melzer had previously dated Myskina, Vaidisova and Cibulkova, and I think he had a first wife at some point too.

by Anonymousreply 609/14/2012

r5 - Crazy tennis parents are hard to shake off. It took the Williams sisters ages to detach from Richard. Lleyton Hewitt's parents traveled everywhere with him for the majority of his career, his crazy dad fucking things up every step of the way. Sharapova successfully ditched her controlling dad, but she's got more balls than most.

by Anonymousreply 709/14/2012

I'm just curious. Why did we get a new thread and not finish out Part 3?

by Anonymousreply 809/15/2012

R9 "Serbian", can you give us more information on Djokovic and his family?

Is Novak faithful to his girlfriend? Is he gay? Other gossip?

by Anonymousreply 1009/15/2012

Where do we rank Djoker on the all time list?

by Anonymousreply 1109/15/2012

r11 - He's mid-career now, so who knows?

by Anonymousreply 1209/15/2012

[quote]It must be hard to feel as if you have to carry the weight of your country on your shoulders at all times.

Maybe if he paid his taxes in Serbia there would be no need to ask others to help the kids in his country.

by Anonymousreply 1309/15/2012

Oh, I think we can postulate, r12. It's half the fun of sports. Nadal is mid career too, but he's top 5 of all time.

I put Djoker around 12th place, just after Becker, Edberg, and Wilander.

But I can totally foresee him ending up in the Connors/Agassi/Llendl/McEnroe tier in a few years.

by Anonymousreply 1409/15/2012

Fair point R13.

Djoko has lost his last 3 matches against Nadal, last 2 against Federer, and last 2 against Murray. He's still getting to the finals or semis but hasn't been at the level where he can beat the other three. Something's off with him.

by Anonymousreply 1509/15/2012

R15, someone on Tennis channel said that Joker's old coach gave an interview in which she said that everyone around him knows what is wrong, and that if it's not fixed, he will continue to lose.

She didn't spill what the problem is, of course.

by Anonymousreply 1609/15/2012

Yeah that was his youth coach who said that. The speculation is that it's about his relationship with his parents in one way or another. If you watch the video above of him at his foundation gala, he doesn't seem like his usual upbeat self.

by Anonymousreply 1709/15/2012

Djokovic needs to pack some more meat on that body! He lost a bit too much weight becoming lean. I want him to gain 10 pounds of muscle. I don't like Murray, but his body looks just right for tennis-he has muscle but is lean. Djokovic is too lean.

I do think Djokovic has something personal going on as well. His parents sat together during the final though...

by Anonymousreply 1809/15/2012

Djoko's parents always sit together and always wear matching outfits or matching t-shirts. I have never seen them sitting apart like Federer's parents. His father has always looked like a domineering a..hole. They were so loud during a match that Federer yelled at them to shut up a few years ago, not his usual MO natch.

IMO Djoko is very thin but extremely muscular. He has very low body fat percentage. Seeing Murray in street clothes in interviews after his win, he is very slight and skinny, almost shockingly so; he is probably carrying as much muscle as his body is capable of, however, since he was even thinner a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 1909/15/2012

Question: do we know if Murray is gay friendly?

And r14: surely Agassi is in the same league as Becker and Edberg, and not better than either of them.

Becker won Wimbledon at 17, and repeated his win several times. He should be above Agassi and Edberg, come to think of it.

by Anonymousreply 2009/15/2012

R18, why does he have to pack on weight? Is there a benefit to it? I don't know what that would be.

I did notice Djoko's parents sitting together at the US Open but it doesn't mean all is right between them. Some of the speculation about Djoko's "personal problems" has been-- father having affairs, parents don't like his girlfriend, his coach (Marian V) believes he's spending too much time on PR and not enough time on tennis, other assorted things about his father.

I remember he was asked what these problems were before the US Open and he replied that his problems were small in comparison to an average person's problems so he wasn't going to discuss them.

R20, no idea about Murray.

by Anonymousreply 2109/15/2012

I think Djokovic lost a bit of power-he's struggling this year to put away balls against Nadal, Federer and Murray. Maybe if gained a bit more muscle it would do the trick.

by Anonymousreply 2209/15/2012

Neither Federer or Murray are particularly muscular. Djokovic just settled down to his regular level after having a spectacular run. He's had a good follow-up season, but there was bound to be a bit of a let-down.

by Anonymousreply 2309/15/2012

I think Murray is bigger in the upper body than Djokovic now. Brad Gilbert turned Murray on to working out and now he's really fit. You can't go by the weights listed on the tennis sites, as those are always taken when the player goes pro so they're mostly teens.

by Anonymousreply 2409/16/2012

R20, I don't believe Becker is in Agassi's league. Agassi had more raw talent, the best return of all time (maybe Djoker has surpassed him), every shot in the book, won more overall titles and won 2 more Slams. Becker is a great, great player who had tons of heart. But Agassi on his best day beats Becker on his best day 7 out of 10.

by Anonymousreply 2509/16/2012

For some laughs, here's a link to an old list of stories supposedly from groupies about the players in bed. Pretty funny stuff. I started to laugh while reading Federer's:

"Federer, Roger – Super nice guy on an off the court, though can appear aloof at times. Super committed to girlfriend, Miroslava. Would be a huge scalp for any groupie, but seems groupie proof. Word from the locker room; small (even shriveled by some reports), uncut dick, unmaintained bush. A shame."

by Anonymousreply 2609/16/2012

@ R5 isn't Murray in his mid 20's why doesn't he tell his old girl (Judy Murray) to fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 2709/17/2012

One comment on Murray's win - he did not have to play more than 1 of the big 3. Normally in GS Tournament he would have to play one of the top 3 in the semi and another in the final. It was always too much for him to play two big back to back matches.

For his US Open win there was no Nadal and Berdych beat Fed so that only left The Joker for Murray to contend with.

by Anonymousreply 2809/17/2012

R28 I've been saying that but some here think Murray is suddenly gonna dominate. I see him as a 1 slam wonder unless things fall just perfectly for him again...he's not on the same level as Peak Federer, Nadal or Djokovic.

by Anonymousreply 2909/17/2012

R28 and R29, I totally agree. However, Fed is gonna start acting his age sooner rather than later and Nadal may or not return with his same ferocity. If they both have a couple more years of dominance, then Murray won't win another. If they recede, then the Big 4 essentially becomes the Big 2 and Murray can beat Djoker one out of every four Slam finals. Maybe.

by Anonymousreply 3009/17/2012

I heard the same coming from Djoko's old (woman) coach- that something is off in is personal life. His parents look like nightmares- so intense, mad. Fed's parents are quite normal- just very nervous- and Nadal's family is very down to earth.

Perhaps Djoko is having trouble separating from his parents as all young adults must do.

Fed's time at the top is very short in my opinion- he may win another slam and some more tournaments- but the game requires such mental and physical strength that I believe his days are short. He is by far my favorite amoung the 4.

I agree, Murrray's best this year does not match the best of the other 3. But they those other three may not get back to their best- Fed as I have said, Nadal's knees, and Djoko's probably needs to rid himself of parenteral burden.

In any case, the 4 of them make up one the best top tiers in tennis history.

by Anonymousreply 3109/17/2012

Did y'all hear Juju Henin is pregnant? lol and she has oral herpes too which sucks cuz it means she can only kiss her future kids between outbreaks.

by Anonymousreply 3209/17/2012

Justine Henin - really miss her in the game. Never really heard much about her personal life. Considering her first husband was gay, wonder if she's Leann Rimes-ing it this time around? She's probably got the means to support a nice piece.

by Anonymousreply 3309/17/2012

Charlie, I agree that this is probably the best tier one in men's tennis, ever. That's why I love this right now. I know it probably won't happen again.

by Anonymousreply 3409/17/2012

See for the last 2 years or so I haven't been enjoying men's tennis because with the exception of Del Potro before his wrist injury, none of the other guys can break through the top 4. It's been so predictable Murray will reach the semis and occasionally finals and then lose to Federer, Nadal or Djokovic. He's the 2002/3 Kim Clijsters to the 2002/3 Serena, Venus and Henin.

by Anonymousreply 3509/17/2012

[R28] Murray beat both Djokovic and Federer in the Olympics so he can do it. He's not going to be as successful as Federer/Nadal but I can definitely see him winning more majors (apart from the French).

by Anonymousreply 3609/17/2012

R25: I saw Becker and Agassi play many times in person, I would pick Becker as the better player. The only reason Agassi has more slams is because Becker retired at a much younger age.

To be fair, Agassi managed his career better with time off. Becker won Wimbledon twice before he was 20, so he had little idea how to manage his life for most of his tennis career.

The two men had very different games...serve & volley vs. baseline play. For me, Becker was the far more exciting player to watch play tennis. He came into the net after almost every serve.

by Anonymousreply 3709/17/2012

R20, Becker didn't repeat his Wimbledon championship "several times." He won it a total of three times.

I used to love Becker but in time came to adore Agassi more. He was selfish and immature early in his career but rose from the depths to become a good family man and dedicated athlete. Becker did the reverse: He squandered his talent in the second half of his career and began partying, losing his family in the process.

by Anonymousreply 3809/17/2012

I get the sense that Nadal might just not come back period. I don't have any inside knowledge, but I wonder if 2013 is going to roll around and his knees are still going to be shot.

by Anonymousreply 3909/17/2012

It has seemed like a long time to be out for a "minor" knee condition. I still think the years of steroid abuse have ruined his joints.

by Anonymousreply 4009/17/2012

That's what I said earlier R40 but someone balked at my suggestion. Joints breaking down is a very common side effect of steroids. Lots of roided baseball players have had the same problem. There have been whispers about him using steroids for years. There is speculation about all of the top players of course but especially him.

by Anonymousreply 4109/17/2012

I think Nadal will play the injured card but will magically be ready for the whole clay season and win everything before becoming "injured" again for the rest of 2013.

by Anonymousreply 4209/17/2012

I don't have the patience to read the whole blog post but here's a blog post about Nadal and steroids. For one, he's complained on various occasions about drug testing in the sport.

by Anonymousreply 4309/17/2012

Do we really have to go through all the tiresome know-nothings saying Nadal is on "roids" AGAIN? We just shook off the Serena-on-roids troll.

You know what else is hard on joints? Nadal's style of play. He's been playing professionally for 10 years and if he has another few left, that'll be a pleasant surprise.

by Anonymousreply 4409/17/2012

Another reason why the courts should be faster. Nadal, Djokovic and Murray win by grinding. Their knees are all gonna be shot by the time they're 30. Sure, they won't win as much if the courts are sped up, but they'll be around longer in the game and it will allow the bigger hitters more of a chance. Right now men's tennis is about defense defense defense.

by Anonymousreply 4509/17/2012

R37, I see what you're saying about Becker, but to me Agassi was so much more entertaining. He also completely changed the game. His baseline offense was downright revolutionary. His offensive return game was far and away the best ever. Becker was a very good at serve and volley, but, other than a fiery disposition, didn't bring anything new to the game. Frankly, McEnroe did it better. And, whether it was because of career management or whatever, Agassi has the more impressive hardware. I think if you're going off stats and relevance to the game, Agassi is just in a higher tier than Becker.

by Anonymousreply 4609/17/2012

Oh, I don't think there's any doubt Serena uses steroids and an 80 percent chance Nadal does.

Becker shit away his talent, while Agassi maximized his. Love him.

by Anonymousreply 4709/17/2012

Becker was the original serve bomber before Sampras. On grass especially most guys had so much trouble returning his serve.

by Anonymousreply 4809/17/2012

r47 - Well I don't think there's any doubt that you have no actual information other than your spidey senses, so it's silly to state your opinion as fact.

I liked watching Agassi play, but hated his latter-day schtick. The whole phony zen crap and that robotic, Tom Cruise like attitude toward Steffi and their happy, amazing marriage. But I guess that's what America loves. Prodigal son. If nothing else, Agassi understood branding.

by Anonymousreply 4909/18/2012

Robotic? You can't possibly have seen how Agassi talks about Graf or looks at her to use that word to describe it.

by Anonymousreply 5009/18/2012

Yes, Serena is a roid abuser. And a felon.

by Anonymousreply 5109/18/2012

Let's move on people. The USO is over. I'm sick of reading "Serena and Nadal use steroids", "Djokovic has family problems" and "Murray is going to win a lot of slams"

In other news, unfortunately Del Potro will be out for a while trying to rest his wrist...I hope it's not gonna need surgery AGAIN. He still managed to beat Stepanek in Davis Cup on friday lmao

Also Wozniacki who just 2 weeks ago had a knee injury that caused her to lose first round of the USO is entered in the Seoul tournament. She and her father just care about getting that money lol. YOu know she got a hefty appearance fee. It's stupid if she's still hurt though as it could lead to worsening her injury.

by Anonymousreply 5209/18/2012

Graf is the only woman willing to tie Agassi up and fuck him in the ass every night.

by Anonymousreply 5309/18/2012

@ R 36 but the Olympics was different to a slam, it was more like a Masters event. At the Olympics players were only required to play 5 sets in the final if need be, that's why he can beat two out of the big three at a Masters event and not at a Slam. Worse case scenario at a slam you end up playing 7 5 set matches. No 5 set matches at all in a Masters event or Olympics. I believe this also helped Murray.

I think Murray can win more slams (US Open and Australian Open the most likely) if Nadal retires from the game completely and as Federer's best days are behind him. If this happens then he wil do well over the next two years. However, that will be it as by then Del Potro will be back on track and other players like Raonic would have gained more experience and come through the system.

by Anonymousreply 5409/18/2012

Agassi was a great player but certainly not one of the best. You only have to look at the Slams he did win and the opponents he beat.

by Anonymousreply 5509/18/2012

Does Nadal seem weirdly asexual to anyone else? He just comes off as someone with tennis as their whole life and nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 5609/18/2012

The argument that Murray's US Open is somehow less valued because he only had to beat one of the "big 4" is spurious.

Of all of Fed's GS titles, he's only had to beat two of them twice: 2012 Wimbledon and 2008 US Open.

Nadal similarly beat Murray and Fed in the 2011 French, and Djokovic and Fed at Roland Garros in 08, 07 and 06 (when Djokovic was ranked #63).

Djoko, however, has done it in three of his five GS wins.

by Anonymousreply 5709/18/2012

I think you have a point R56. I think what is really going on with Nadal is that he has lived and lives a very sheltered life with his family and close friends. He has a long time local girlfriend where he returns when not playing tennis and he still lives in the family home (rather building) in his own apt. I gather. He is indeed an odd ball. But I think he is genuinely humble. It's just that he seems to know very little of the real world, on almost every level.

by Anonymousreply 5809/18/2012

Right, r38, because winning Wimbledon a total of three times is such a small feat indeed.

And what does their private life have to do with who's the better player?

Becker is a timeless legend for winning W. twice before the age of 20.

Agassi is but a footnote of tennis history.

Case closed.

by Anonymousreply 5909/18/2012

At the Olympics Murray played in the mixed doubles throughout, and got to the final, as well as winning the men's singles gold in a best of 5-sets final. He played far more tennis than any of the other semi-finalists and as much as any of them play in a grand slam.

by Anonymousreply 6009/18/2012

R59 is an idiot. Agassi won what-9 slams? That's not a footnote. Becker was a great player too.

by Anonymousreply 6109/18/2012

R42 I agree--very likely scenario.

by Anonymousreply 6209/18/2012

R59, work on your reading comprehension skills. I didn't say winning Wimbledon three times is a "small feat." I corrected your false assertion that Becker won Wimbledon several more times after his first win.

And Becker's private life matters in how his mistakes cost him the second half of his career. Yes, it's amazing that he won Wimbledon twice by age 20. He should have won it many times more. He squandered much of his career.

I loved Becker until he succumbed to the fast life. What I came to admire so much about Agassi is that he chose to walk away from the fast life and dedicate himself to tennis and family. It's admirable.

by Anonymousreply 6309/18/2012

r59 Are you autistic?

by Anonymousreply 6409/18/2012

r50 - Yes, I have. It comes off scripted. But hey, I did like his tennis.

by Anonymousreply 6509/18/2012

Agassi is a second tier greatest of all time. He just is. Becker should have been a lock for second tier, but he just doesn't have the Slams. Too many of the "greatest" players have at least 7 and that seems to be the cut off for the second tier, like 10 is for the first tier. Becker, Edberg, Courier, Djoker (for now) are all in the third tier.

by Anonymousreply 6609/18/2012

I wasn't following tennis when Courier was winning slams. It seems that he's not highly regarded these days. Why is that?

by Anonymousreply 6709/18/2012

Courier was an absolute grinder, won two French and two Australians. His style of play was to run around to the forehand.

After grinding his way to four slams, he seems to mentally and physically wear out. In one match, he read a book during changeovers. He couldn't hang with the diversity of play illustrated by Sampras, Agassi, Edberg, etc.

Good guy, though.

by Anonymousreply 6809/18/2012

Yeah, I think Courier got the most out of his talent. Winning 4 Slams during the Pete/Agassi era, and with Becker and Edberg still viable contenders, was no small feat. He's was sort of the Andy Murray of his era. Good, but not quite good enough to be considered great.

by Anonymousreply 6909/18/2012

I think Courier won 3 slams. That's why.

Laver won 10 or 11 slams- he would have won many more if he had not turned pro after winning the Grand Slam in '62. Tennis was open only to "amateurs" until 1968.

McEnroe is a greater player than his slam count as is Billie Jean King.

So slam count is not the be all and end all of great champions. Nevertheless, Courier while a champion I think was at level below Agassi and of course Sampras.

We are in a golden age now with Fed, Nadal, Djokovic and Murray. However I do think they have slowed the hard courts down too much. The slowing of the courts favors the defensive game.

by Anonymousreply 7009/18/2012

I agree that comparing Slam totals across eras isn't a perfect comparison. For instance, Mac hardly ever played the Aussie Open. I don't believe Connors did either, who still won a Slam there. Nor did Agassi until the mid 90s, and he ended up winning four of them. And Agassi didn't play Wimby the first few years of his career. That said, it is still the simplest way to define greatness in the sport. And certainly you can do it within a given era. It therefor makes sense that Connors and Mac are "about" the same, as they have won 8 and 7 Slams respectively. And Borg, who I feel was the much greater player between the three of them, won 11. Same with Pete, Andre, and Becker. Peter was by far the best and won 13. Andre the second best and won 8. Becker third and won 6. Slam total does tend to be a great equalizer.

by Anonymousreply 7109/18/2012

Courier won four slams, R71, two French and two Australian. It's posted two before yours.

by Anonymousreply 7209/18/2012

Faster courts can only help the game. You won't have as many players with injured knees because they won't be able to run everything down, and it will help tip the balance. Big hitters like Del Potro and Berdych will be able to end points on roadrunners Nadal, Djokovic and Murray.

by Anonymousreply 7309/18/2012

Anyone else see DelPotro is injured again?

by Anonymousreply 7409/18/2012

Plus Courier LOVES the cock, so he gets bonus points.

by Anonymousreply 7509/18/2012

[quote]Big hitters like Del Potro and Berdych will be able to end points on roadrunners Nadal, Djokovic and Murray.

But I don't want to watch a game where the biggest goon on the court wins the point. I'd rather have slower courts where the great defenders and shot-makers dominate.

r74 - Yes, this time it's his left wrist. It was a right wrist injury that took him out in '10. Apparently, he was advised not to play Davis Cup, but he did anyway and aggravated it in his first match. Since it's not his racquet-hand, shouldn't be as serious as his previous injury.

by Anonymousreply 7609/18/2012

r75 - But he got married so he loses all his points. Weird that he'd beard up at his age, especially when he's hardly a public figure anymore.

by Anonymousreply 7709/18/2012

I think they need to go back to having all four surfaces be very different in terms of speed. It used to be the French was slow, AO was medium, USO was fast, and Wimby was super fast. It made it so that each Slam had a special uniqueness to it, and winning it took a different strategy and skill set. Now they're all slow-medium. If Connors or Agassi played now, they'd each have 15 slams. Borg would have 20. Pete and Mac would have half as many. It's a shame. Keep the AO and French as is, speed up Wimby. Berdych SHOULD win a Wimby title! And speed up the USO. That way different style besides defensive baseliners can win. (And I love Nadal and Djoker, btw, I just miss the fun aspect of having serve and volly vs baseliners)

by Anonymousreply 7809/18/2012

It is interesting how people always want to compare players across generations. So much has changed, it's like a different sport from what it was 20 years ago. The surfaces have changed (remember at one time 3 of the 4 slams were on grass). The racket technology has evolved. Fitness has become more important, and some of that is the result of more prize money for the players ranked outside of the top ten, where they can now afford their own trainers, chefs, etc. Perhaps the most under-reported change is string technology - with the synthetic strings used today, they can really hold the ball better than gut, and players can hit with much more topspin than ever before. And as mentioned upthread, the focus on the four majors has increased. There was a period where most pros skipped the Australian, and even the French. It wasn't unusual to have players compete in two Slams per year 30 years ago.

And I think people always forget about how good the former players were. Serena is definitely one of the best of all-time, but when people start calling her the best ever, I wonder if they never saw Navratilova or Graf play. I remember when Martina was so good, she lost only one match in 1983, and won six straight Grand Slams in '83 - '84. (I'm not making a case for Martina as the best of all time, just pointing out some info that shows it's not an open-and-shut case.)

by Anonymousreply 7909/18/2012

Yeah we definitely need a mix of court speeds. AO and RG should be slow and Wimbledon and USO should be fast. I don't want any 1 style of play to dominate, and having various court speeds would help to prevent that. No way in hell should Nadal have ever won 1 Wimbledon, nevermind 2!

I don't like how almost every point these days in the men's game is long and grinding, unless the guy hits an unreturnable serve. I like to see some grinding points, but the whole match should not be that way, and certainly not most matches for the whole year. In the same way, I don't want to see all 1-3 shot rallies but I like some of those. We need a mix but right now the courts are so slow that grinders are dominating and it's not great for the game.

by Anonymousreply 8009/18/2012

R63: I have not posted here since I used the word 'several' to describe the number of Becker's slam wins in London. I give you the point that several is not the same as two, but it's a minor point to make such a big deal about.

Since you want to bring up players personal lives, Becker did speak out about racial bias in Germany when he was married to his wife, who was black. Germany was a hotbed at that point of reunification, so his comments took some courage.

Are you really so in love with Agassi that you assume only one person could possibly disagree with you about Agassi and Becker?

by Anonymousreply 8109/18/2012

If anyone squandered their talent it was Agassi. At one point he was playing challenger events and doing meth. He even admitted to tanking a match to avoid having to play Becker. Not exactly the picture of tennis virtue. I give him huge credit for taking control of his career and turning it around. Though it should be noted in his later career that he won many matches on his fitness, so you could call him a grinder like Nadal and Novak. And yeah, all the faux zen stuff was really really annoying.

by Anonymousreply 8209/18/2012

R81, I responded to you once about your Wimbledon title count error. I think you've confused me with a number of people responding to you about Agassi. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 8309/18/2012

R82, Agassi DID squander his prime tennis years. And he still ended up with 8 Slams, won all four slams (back when each had vastly different court speeds and when he had to contend with serve and volley games), and is considered one of the greatest of all time. Had he not wasted those five or six years in the late 1990s, he could have easily won 10-12 Slams. Listen, no one is saying Becker wasn't good. I just think most tennis aficionadas would rank Agassi slightly ahead of him, in terms of overall talent, career records/achievements, and intangibles.

by Anonymousreply 8409/18/2012

You know your stuff, R82. What did you think of Edberg? Did he maximize his talents or did his perceived lack of fire hurt him?

by Anonymousreply 8509/18/2012

I'm not R82, but I feel Edberg is exactly where he should be. 6 Slams, against some of the best competition is a great, great career. He didn't quite have the game of Becker, Mac, Llendl, or Andre. Certainly not Pete. But he was so fun to watch. He was like a gazelle.

by Anonymousreply 8609/18/2012

WTF stop arguing about retired players...

by Anonymousreply 8709/18/2012

Not sure that Agassi would have ended up with that many Slams - He still had an in-form Sampras to deal with, though Andre certainly had the advantage on clay.

by Anonymousreply 8809/18/2012

What are the rules in this thread? No talking about retired players. No talking about Serena and Nadal 'roiding it up. What is on the OK list?

by Anonymousreply 8909/18/2012

r89 Ideally, we can only talk about Serena. The topics must be her 1)transexuality, 2)her steroid abuse, 3)her felonious threats to small Asian women, and 4)inability to occasionally keep her testicles from showing.

So, we have four topics, all Serena. Have at it peeps !

Oh, and just for fun, we can also throw in 5)her religion, and how a Jehova's witness can reconcile violence, infidelity, and homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 9009/18/2012

We could speculate on who's in the closet. I'm surprised Federer doesn't have more rumors about him. He pings to me and his wife seems more like a biz manager than a lover.

by Anonymousreply 9109/19/2012

It just seems like you guys only want to discuss the same topics over and over again whether or not they've been beaten to death. I'm not a fan of Nadal but I'm sick of hearing about the roid rumors. and I love Serena. It's fine not to like her but the roid rumors are ridiculous. I don't mind mentioning retired players but for the few days it's been Agassi Agassi Agassi.

by Anonymousreply 9209/19/2012

I've totally been guilty of bringing up Agassi a bit too much. I didn't mean to. I just kept referring to him for one reason or another. I'm not even a huge Agassi fine. I shall now stop! My bad.

by Anonymousreply 9309/19/2012

So..um...who's on the DL in tennis?

by Anonymousreply 9409/19/2012

We have to find out Florian Mayer. I don't think he's hot at all but he's got that gay look. I've never heard of him dating anyone either.

by Anonymousreply 9509/19/2012

Ok, we all know that Sveta is one of the many lesbian players but did we know that her girlfriend is absofrickinglutely stunning. And no, sorry i don't have any pics.

by Anonymousreply 9609/19/2012

No way are Becker and Edberg in the same tier as Courier, r66.

What a silly proposition.

And no, slam count alone does not determine greatness.

Becker was as great a talent as Sampras and Agassi.

Once more, case closed.

by Anonymousreply 9709/19/2012

r81, Germany's reunification had zero to do with racial themes. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Nor did Becker's comments have any meaning with regard to reunification.

They were courageous only because few celebrities at the time had non-white spouses; but then Germany - not being an immigration country - has few non-white citizens to begin with. Consequently, the pool of black people from which German celebrities could marry somebody is relatively limited.

Finally, even prior to reunification Germans have enjoyed several high-profile and very popular black entertainers.

Mainstream Germany thought it was cool Becker had a black wife.

by Anonymousreply 9809/19/2012

R96 I've seen it on tennisforum.com which interestingly enough is frequented by many male gay tennis fans lol. Kuznetsova's gf has a similar butch haircut to her but looks like a model.

by Anonymousreply 9909/19/2012

@ R 71 isn't it Mac, Conners and Agassi's own fault that they didn't go to the Australian Open. They can't complaint about their lack of success there if they were just too lazy to fly down under immediately after Christmas.

This is the same excuse and criticism Navratilova and King make about Margaret Court and her 24 slams. They say that she won a lot of Aussie Opens and that they didn't really play. I say they have no one to blame but themselves and that they should have treated the Australian Open with the respect it deserves. Obviously there is bad blood between King / Navratoliva and Court.

@ R 79 - there is no way that Serena is the best ever - no way. Some commentators and pundit have compared her slams and gold medals to Graf's Golden Slam of 1988 but forget to say that Graf actually achieved hers in one calender year not over an entire career like Serena.

I also believe that Graf had more competition from Seles, Capriati, Sabatini, Navratilova.

by Anonymousreply 10009/19/2012

@ R 91 I don't think that Federer is gay. He is the most elegant man I have ever seen though. I believe he really loves his wife and is very happy. You only have to look at the photo he realised of him with his wife and twin daughters shortly after they were born. Federer definately had the look of love.

The only thing that got me thinking about Federer was his odd friendship with Gavin Rossdale of the band Bush. They don't seem like they would have anything in common. Plus didn't Rossdale confess to having had a relationship with Marilyn (gay male singer from many years ago) in his early 20's.

by Anonymousreply 10109/19/2012

R100, totally. That's why I argue that a player's Slam total is the total. No excuses. Sure, they can be made across eras, for a plethora of reasons, but they are what they are. It's not a perfect system, but it's the only one tennis uses.

R97, I don't, for a second, feel Courier is in the same league as Becker or Edberg. Slams do play a huge part in determining tiers. You might not think so, but most tennis lovers do. Many put Courier at the bottom of the third tier due to his Slam total. I don't totally agree, but winning four Slams, in the climate he won them in, is no small feat.

Oh, it's so much easier to refer back to your post if you don't put spaces or characters between the "R" and the reply number your post was...just an fyi.

by Anonymousreply 10209/19/2012

Lesbian at R100: The Australian championship and later Open after 1968 did not have the respect of the other slams in King's era. Margaret Court and Evonne Goolagong won it many more times each than they would have if the world's best had been consistently there. Same with the men.

It was not a matter of respect- it simply was viewed as a failed tournament.

by Anonymousreply 10309/19/2012

R100 you can't just lump it all in that way. Graf luckily peaked in 1988 before the coming of Seles, before Sabatini was a great player and while Navratilova was over 30. Graf didn't have much competition after Navratilova and Evert declined due to age until Seles came around in 1990. For much of Graf's career in the 90s she had free reign over the tour after Seles' stabbing. She may have the most slams but she didn't have the toughest competition.

Former players say Serena is so great because of her quality of play. Obviously Graf had crazy good quality of play too but her backhand could be a liability.

by Anonymousreply 10409/19/2012

Is Courier a bad coach?

Does he have a shit Davis Cup team?

Both?

by Anonymousreply 10509/19/2012

R100, you have some facts wrong. Sabatini actually made a splash before Graf, even though Graf went pro sooner. Gabby was at her best from 1987-90, which culminated in her 1990 US Open win.

Sanchez Vicario hit it big in 1989, and Seles in 1990. By early 1993, Graf had caught back up with Seles on hard courts, was always better on grass and could play with her on clay.

If not for Graf, Novotna would have had more titles. Graf played Navratilova and Evert, still strong in the second halves of their careers; in their prime players like Mandlikova, Seles, Sabatini, Sanchez Vicario, Novotna, Martinez, Garrison, Fernandez, Coetzer, McNeil, Capriati, Hingis, Pierce and Davenport; and players on the rise, such as both Williamses, Clijsters, Henin and more.

I would argue Graf's competitors were much, much stronger than Serena has had over the past 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 10609/19/2012

I would as well R106. And Steffi was being eclipsed by Seles when Seles was stopped in her tracks. That manian succeeded in his goal. Graf would not have won as many slams had Seles not dropped off the tour due to the stabbing. She was never the same on her return- and of course got fat.

Serena has been winning lately in part due to the lack of good competition. The women's game has great depth right now, but really only one great champion. King, Court, Evert, Navratilova, Graf, Seles all played in eras with multiple great champs.

by Anonymousreply 10709/19/2012

I feel Graf is the best ever on the female side, with Serena and Martina close behind, and Chrissie not too far behind. Seles would be fifth to me. As R106 said, Graf played against everyone considered great at some point in her long career. And, yes, Seles had her number, in the same way Nadal has Fed's. Federer is still the GOAT, as is Steffi.

And, my favorite player of all time is Seles, btw.

by Anonymousreply 10809/19/2012

R107, Seles had her way with Graf in 1991 and early 1992. At the '92 French Open, Seles outlasted Graf in a grueling three-setter with conditions ideal to Seles' game. Weeks later, Graf destroyed Seles at Wimbledon finale, 6-1, 6-2, I believe.

Graf lost a tough three-setter in the Australian final to Seles, but many commentators thought Graf had turned a corner in the rivalry - especially since Seles was starting to struggle with her weight. Unfortunately, Seles was stabbed a couple months later.

I don't know how many titles Graf would have won. I'd like to think it would have been the same.

What I never understood was, Seles authorized her doctors to speak about her stabbing injury, and both said it was minor, that she'd be back out on the court within weeks. Seles never needed additional surgery for it, yet she was out for 2.5 years. I think it was because of the emotional scarring, but Seles insisted it was the severity of the injury. So did her doctors lie? Or did she?

by Anonymousreply 10909/19/2012

r105, the US team made a great run to the semis, but Spain is simply too deep, especially on clay. The Bryan brothers & their guaranteed point can't roll on forever; Andy's done; Fish is 30 & out indefinitely due to the heart thing; and Isner's big serve is somewhat mitigated on clay. The US team has a tough row to hoe in the coming years until guys like Jack Sock, Ryan Harrison, & Steve Johnson can contribute. I love Sam Querrey to death, but he can't play with the big boys (i.e. Ferrer).

We drew Brazil for a home tie in the 2013 opening round. Following that, we would play the winner of Serbia/Belgium in a home quarter. That would be tough, even at home, with 2 nearly certain points for Nole. At least we'll know we have at least one tie, if not two, on hardcourt.

I do wish they'd switch to every other year like the Ryder Cup. Davis Cup every year is too much.

by Anonymousreply 11009/19/2012

r92 Shut your piehole, or Serena will shut it for you with a tennis ball down your suckhole.

by Anonymousreply 11109/19/2012

It sucks that just after winning the bronze medal, Del Potro's wrist ruined his summer. He probably would have made a bigger impact during the USO series and USO if he had been 100%.

by Anonymousreply 11209/19/2012

I can't wait for the next big events. These MM events are so boring.

How many of you gays are on tennisforum.com? It's filled with gays so I'm sure at least some of you post there. Just as bitchy as here and good wta gossip too.

by Anonymousreply 11309/19/2012

What do you consider the next big events, the slams next season or the upcoming "Asian Swing"?

Tennisforum.com is great for WTA talk. I'm not a big fan of women's tennis or interested in women so it's not for me. I wish there was an equivalent gossip board for the men of tennis.

by Anonymousreply 11409/19/2012

r91/r100 - I believe Rog loves Mirka too - loves the way she keeps his career & family life tidy. But that doesn't mean he can't have a discreet wild side to him. He & Tiger Woods were tight before Ti's big fall from grace. Haha, I'm not suggesting Fed is rolling truck stop waitresses on the side (and he doesn't really ping to me), but I can see him having a kink or two that Mirka permits or even arranges for him to indulge.

r110 - I agree. Every 2 years would be PLENTY and I would still struggle to care. The last time I remember being interested in a D-Cup tie was when the US played Spain in 2004, and that was only because it was fun to watch 18 year old Nadal show signs of the player he would become.

by Anonymousreply 11509/19/2012

R114, there is a tennis forum for men, too.

I used to post on there, but they HATE Nadal, and I just got tired of all the negative shit.

by Anonymousreply 11609/19/2012

R113 yeah I meant the rest of this year. We still have Shanghai, Paris Indoors and the WTF for the guys and Beijing, Tokyo and the YEC for the gals.

menstennisforum is good for gossip too but the problem is there are so many straights there that they mainly care about sTaTs!!!!111!!! and other boring hetero talks. There are female posters there who post atp gossip though so I check those out.

by Anonymousreply 11709/19/2012

117, yea menstennisforum is okay but there seems to be an unspoken rule there that nothing can get too graphic or lurid and there are just way too many straight fangurls. The Djokovic girls are the worst, posting endless pictures of his girlfriend (who is, lets be honest, probably just a prop) and talking about what a lovely couple they are.

by Anonymousreply 11809/19/2012

totes. Maybe we should launch a DL invasion of menstennisforums? haha that would be funny as hell. I'm sick of seeing them call everyone a "mug".

by Anonymousreply 11909/19/2012

LOL R119. I'm too afraid to ask on there but what even is a mug? I've got to admit that I do find it funny how they call Ferrer a vulture.

by Anonymousreply 12009/19/2012

When they call a player a mug, they're saying he sucks. Example: Until the USO, Murray was a mug at slams, according to menstennisforums.

The vulture term is funny because that started on tennisforum. Players like Radwanska and Wozniacki were called vultures because they usually only win an event if one of the slam winning players isn't there or is injured. Ferrer has become the premier men's vulture. He can't win any big titles but he can whore up the smaller ones where the top 4 are absent.

by Anonymousreply 12109/20/2012

R101, I too think the relationship between Federer and his wife Mirka is real. They seem to really love each other and in this day and age that is saying something.

I have been suspicious of Federer's sexual orientation as well over the years, as there were a few things that made me think he may be gay and one of them was his relationship with Rossdale. Now Federer may be bi but if that relationship with Mirka is not real I would be very surprised. He started dating her in 2000 when he was only 19 and had no ATP titles. Surely he would not have needed a beard at that point in his career.

by Anonymousreply 12209/20/2012

I want to smell and lick Novak's hole after a 4 hour match YUM suck his fat uncut Serbian cock as he comes in my mouth

by Anonymousreply 12309/20/2012

r123 is Oracene (Williams) Price.

by Anonymousreply 12409/20/2012

R103: [quote]It was not a matter of respect- [the Australian Open] simply was viewed as a failed tournament.

Not at all. If anything, it was historically seen as a bugger to get to - it would have taken at least 5 weeks to get to Australian on a ship in the 1910s/'20s/'30s and '40s from Europe (and probably just as long from the US), and intercontinental flights weren't all that direct until the 1970s, which is when the even picked up again. This meant that most of the winners were locals, Brits who were living there, or players who had a point to prove (Budge and the slam, King wanting to beat Court on her own turf, Jean Borotra backing up the Davis Cup coup...) until the big stars began to come over as a matter of course. That's why there's a huge divide between pre-'70s champions (some 77 Australian men and women's champions v 21 from abroad) and champions from circa '68 on (some 16 Australian men and women's champs v 72 from abroad).

by Anonymousreply 12509/20/2012

We can say Graf would have fewer Slams if Seles wasn't stabbed. We can also say Serena would have fewer Slams if in 2008, World No. 1 Henin didn't retire (not to mention Clijsters the year before), and both Navratilova and Evert would have fewer Slams if Austin and Jarger's careers were cut short.

Re: calling players "vultures" - I've never understood that. Radwanska won the Miami title this year by beating Sharapova in the finals. The field also included Serena, Venus, Azarenka, Kvitova, Stosur, and Li. Is it a "cheap" title because she didn't beat Federer and Nadal? What else was she supposed to do?

by Anonymousreply 12609/20/2012

R126 Austin had won all she was going to win by age 18. Her body and spirit gave out, she did not train hard so E & N were still gonna win what they won. Hana Mandlikova could have broken their dominance if she had been injury free as well. Jaeger? What a joke. She just didn't have the attitude to compete week to week with the top players. Shriver was never a threat, etc.

The Australian and French were replaced, for the top women, by the Virginia Slims Championship as the 'third' major 1974-1978. It was the Triple Crown of Women's Tennis and during that era Evert dominated winning the VSC in 75, 77 Wimby in 74, 76 and the Open 75-78. Martina won the Slims 78 & Wimby 78, Goo won VSC 74, 76 and BJK Wimby 75 and US 74. Wade Wimby in 77. That is the best era ever in women's tennis.

by Anonymousreply 12709/20/2012

R126, I think the vulture term is reserved for those who have a good ranking but only through dominating at events where they don't have to play the majority of the big guys.

by Anonymousreply 12809/20/2012

R126 actually it was all of Serena's injuries and personal problems that inflated the careers of Henin and Clijsters in the mid 2000s. Except for that loss to Henin at RG, Serena was DOMINATING and then had the knee injury that required surgery, the murder of her sister, depression, weight gain/loss of focus/training, and her other injuries. Henin and Clijsters were great players but experts largely agree peak Serena defeats peak any other player.

Of course, the injuries/illnesses and personal problems of Serena, Venus, Henin and Clijsters all created a void that led to the creation of the evil monster known as Sharapova. Sharapova would be lucky to have 1 slam now if those 4 had been consistently healthy and in good form over the last 8 years.

In Graf's case, she was dominating until Seles came along and started beating her except at Wimbledon.

In the case of Austin, it's true she didn't train as hard as Evert and Navratilova. She relied more on natural talent. Not only did she suffer from burnout, but she also was a in bad car accident that wrecked her back for years. Then when she returned to the game in the early 90s, it was too late and she couldn't get back into the top 100.

by Anonymousreply 12909/20/2012

Neither Austin nor Jaeger were better players than Evert and Navratilova. Sure they each had some significant wins, but both were surpassed by the two at the time they left the game.

I beg to differ about the Australian Open. It nearly was halted. It was not just travel Down Under. It thrived up until the mid to late 60s and then went flat, particularly at the advent of Open Tennis. It did not keep up in terms of prize money or venue. It only revived with the creation of a new stadium and venue.

by Anonymousreply 13009/20/2012

r 126 "but experts largely agree peak Serena defeats peak any other player."

Are you autistic, or just a tar tar?

by Anonymousreply 13109/20/2012

No, experts don't "largely agree" that.

I doubt if she's better than 7 or 8 without a little "chemical assistance." I liked Serena much more early in her career, when she was playing on her own merits. Her personality changed with the steroids.

by Anonymousreply 13209/20/2012

Oh I get it. A strong black female winning in tennis must be on steroids. That clearly is the only reason why she wins and dominates. She doesn't train hard or eat right-she just uses steroids to get that body. Steroids makes your hips wider, butt bigger and gives you big boobs too right? What fucking idiots some of you are. Enough with the steroids accusations. Players like Serena and Stosur have different body types. Just because they're not stickly runway models as some of you queens would prefer doesn't mean they're using performance enhancing drugs. They have athletic bodies. DEAL WITH IT.

and yes, you always hear commentators saying Peak Serena is the best. I've heard all the greats say it. Whether you like it or not doesn't matter. Step.

by Anonymousreply 13309/20/2012

R131 shame on you for making fun of autistic people, many of whom are very intelligent (and certainly moreso than you) and people who have mental retardation. I would think gays would be nicer, kinder people but obviously not. In addition the rampant misogyny and racism around here, we have people who insult people with developmental disabilities. It's pathetic we can't discuss tennis without some of you lowering yourselves to such an embarrassing level.

by Anonymousreply 13409/20/2012

R133, ugh, with the race card. Doesn't it get tired playing that?

For the record, as I said in my post, I was a fan of Serena early in her career, before the personality change. I've always been a fan of Venus. She's a class act through and through. I was thrilled when Yannick Noah won the French. I followed Zina Garrison's career closely. Lori McNeil, too. I loved Mal Washington. I looked up to Arthur Ashe. I respected Althea Gibson. I watched James Blake whenever he was on TV. I had high hopes for Donald Young and still hope he can reach his potential.

It's not about race. It's about the obvious change in Serena several years ago, both physically and emotionally, including her temper and abusive behavior toward others.

It's not about race.

(For the record, I also suspect Nadal and Djokovic use.)

by Anonymousreply 13509/20/2012

r133 - just don't even engage with r135. Her "suspicions" are the same thing as evidence to her and nothing will change that.

by Anonymousreply 13609/20/2012

r134 is Corky, who has not worked for years, since our show was cancelled.

Fa la la, fa la la.

by Anonymousreply 13709/21/2012

r133 is another "reverse" racist. So tired of "those people" and their bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 13809/21/2012

Anyway, lolz it seems Wozniacki's knee is suddenly ok although it was hurting her just 2 weeks ago at the USO. How is she suddenly ok for Seoul? C'mon girl. MESS.

by Anonymousreply 13909/21/2012

I love Fognini. He's funny and hot. I hope he wins a title soon. He's flashy but inconsistent.

by Anonymousreply 14009/21/2012

Wozniacki hurt her knee in New Haven, the week before US Open. It's legit - she actually called the trainer about it during the match where she was killing Cibulkova. She tried to play the semis in New Haven, said it didn't feel great and retired b/c she didn't want to risk it for the US. Unfortunately the US 1R match was just a few days later, and she still wasn't 100%, which was partly why she lost.

by Anonymousreply 14109/21/2012

I'm sure Serena juices. The "defense" if you will is that nearly everyone else does too (cf. Nadal), and those who don't certainly use legal but 1% techniques (Federer's coterie of fitness trainers/masseurs, Djokovic and his special diet).

Does it matter?

by Anonymousreply 14209/21/2012

r142 Yes, it matters. One is legal and ethical, the other is Serena.

by Anonymousreply 14309/21/2012

Please body changes? Let's talk about the transformations of Navratilova and Henin for starters. Does that mean they were juicing too? Just because someone gets fitter does not mean he or she is juicing. Someone is just pressed that a player he doesn't like is doing well. Obviously the troll is jealous because he's not a gym body.

by Anonymousreply 14409/21/2012

Anyone who goes on about "steroids" to claim that certain sports people are doping immediately demonstrates that they don't know what they're talking about. It hasn't been just about steroids for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 14509/21/2012

r145 Are you saying that the rumours about Serena are true? That she did have the surgery in Sweden?

by Anonymousreply 14609/21/2012

R142, isn't Djokovic's diet just gluten free?

by Anonymousreply 14709/21/2012

Here is Tipsarevic and Nishikori 'kicking off' the Asian Swing. ATP probably wants to really promote the Asian tournaments.

by Anonymousreply 14809/21/2012

Tipsarevic is hot!

by Anonymousreply 14909/21/2012

The comments Tipsarevic made about gays are comical in light of his underwear ad campaign. See video at link. A very hot video unfortunately. Underwear modeling, stereotypical model wife...have something to hide, Janko?

by Anonymousreply 15109/22/2012

No, r146, I'm saying that idiots who come on this board saying "I know that he/she's on steroids and therefore they are doping" are talking bullshit. They have no evidence for anything but still think they are ever-so-clever and tediously constantly spout their bullshit, although they know nothing about the subject.

by Anonymousreply 15209/22/2012

R152, you can probably explain away the body and voice changes, and maybe even the marked increase in temper, but it's difficult to explain why Serena was ducking the drug tests, going so far as to hide in her "panic room" to avoid giving blood. That's a tough one to explain.

Any one piece of evidence on its own can be dismissed, but after a while, they add up. Just ask Lance Armstrong.

by Anonymousreply 15309/22/2012

r152 We have more evidence she is a felon and a doper, then you have to the contrary. And we ALL need to stop calling him, a her. We all know there is a cock between those steroid thighs.

by Anonymousreply 15409/22/2012

To me Rafa seems gay. I've been a tad suspicious for a while. Either way I hate him on-court but off-court he's really likeable IMO.

I understand why he'd have to be closeted. Being gay would be totally against his image that he himself (and the media) have created.

by Anonymousreply 15509/23/2012

Oh yeah and there are no out gay male players, but looking at the sweeping generalized statistics, there'd be about 5-7 gay guys in the top 100 at any give time ()=)

I worried about Djokovic's position toward gays for some reason, being so closely affiliated with Tipsarevic as well as being so proudly Serbian (we all know how that country feels about gays), but I really was impressed with his reaction to a little gay fanboy at a US Open practice this year. Kinda put my mind at rest.

by Anonymousreply 15609/23/2012

Assuming Tippy & Djoker are really a couple, and the homophobia is a masquerade, which one is the total top? And which one inhales the others big, Serbian cock?

by Anonymousreply 15709/23/2012

Links to all the terrible comments Tipsarevic has said about gays, please!

by Anonymousreply 15809/23/2012

R158, copied from a message board about Tipsarevic:

He said this in an interview with Playboy (I think it was Playboy):

"Agassi was my idol, but he really dissapointed me when he married Steffi." [because he thinks she's not pretty enough]

Asked to comment on Kournikova: "She isn't all that beautiful, it's just the other female players are just so ugly. I've never seen at least pretty tennis player, except Sabatini."

"I know there are some homosexual male players, but I try not to have any contact with them. And as for women, I know Mauresmo is a pervert."

R156, I felt the same way about Djokovic. Many people thought the boy calling out "would you marry me" with Djokovic inviting him down to play tennis with him was a PR stunt, but if so, I think it's endearing that his PR stunt would be to display his attitude toward a presumably gay kid.

R157, I'm not sure Tipsy has a big Serbian cock.

by Anonymousreply 15909/23/2012

Wow, R159. Primitive doesn't begin to describe Tipsarevic.

by Anonymousreply 16009/23/2012

I can't stand the Serbs. Watch "The Land of Blood and Honey" to get a good idea of how they think.

by Anonymousreply 16209/23/2012

R162, Djokovic seems like a decent guy on a personal level. Hate Tipsarevic all you want.

by Anonymousreply 16309/23/2012

You can't dictate how someone should like or not, R163. I'll see how far Djokovic's PR campaign takes him - I'm agnostic until then.

by Anonymousreply 16409/23/2012

R106 nope. Gaby's best years didnt culminate with the US Open win. She started picking up from there. 1991 and part of 1992 were her peak when she had a win strike over Graf (five consercutive victories) and she defeated Seles twice at the Italian Open.

by Anonymousreply 16509/23/2012

Let's not forget this pic where a guy seems to be looking in Djoker's underpants and Djoker doesn't seem to mind at all...

by Anonymousreply 16609/23/2012

What pic R166? I like these pics of Djok on the catwalk in his underwear with another guy's hand on his ass. It doesnt look like the actions of a homophobe to me.

by Anonymousreply 16709/23/2012

[R167] This photo here.

h ttp://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj108/twatoo/djokovic.jpg

by Anonymousreply 16809/23/2012

sigh...Cuntapova gets by again in a tight match. Lower ranked players seem to freeze up when they see the finish line against her...

by Anonymousreply 16909/25/2012

You're right, R162/R164. You also can't reason with someone who "dislikes" people based on their nationality and ethnicity.

I, on the other hand, assume there are people of your nationality and ethnicity that have redeeming virtues.

by Anonymousreply 17009/25/2012

Just saw an ATP Tour highlights programme on this year's Swedish Open, and am seriously wondering if David Ferrer (who won the tournament) isn't gay. When he won, he looked at his box, where the camera showed the pingiest (and cutest) guy standing and applauding Ferrer. Deciding to chuck a Cash, Ferrer runs over to his box, and Ferrer and the cute pingy guy hugged for the longest possible time. Even for Europeans, that type of hug is reserved for close family (the guy *might* be his brother?) or for the love of your life. Anyone else see this?

by Anonymousreply 17109/25/2012

This is the DL, R170, not the nunnery. Can the 'holy, holy' act.

by Anonymousreply 17209/25/2012

[R171] It's possible. lol have you seen this vid before? Ferrer, Rafa in their underwear playing video games with a couple of others. Some man-love in this vid and check out Ferrer's "moves" from about 1:12 lol

h ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh2GLW7fkdM

by Anonymousreply 17309/25/2012

Fuck you, R172. This is DL, which was started for gay gossip, not for the shits of the earth to come on here and make one bigoted comment after another.

How about dropping the "Mary" act? Or are you trying to play into those idiotic "eldergay" stereotypes?

by Anonymousreply 17409/25/2012

Aaron (r173), do you know how to paste attachments into the URL box rather than the main text box? It works much better for the readers of your post who might be interested in checking out what you've linked.

by Anonymousreply 17509/25/2012

Rafa now says he doesn't know if he'll play 2013's Aussie Open.

by Anonymousreply 17609/25/2012

Thanks [R175] now that I know how to do that I'll do that from now on =)

by Anonymousreply 17709/25/2012

[quote]Deciding to chuck a Cash,

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 17809/25/2012

Well it looks like it's the beginning of the end for Nadal.

I LOVE him, and haven't really missed him because I'm so bored with the ATP.

by Anonymousreply 17909/25/2012

For all you Rafa lovers, have you seen him in that Shakira music video? Its weird how someone can be both sexy and sexless at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 18009/25/2012

You don't get to tell people how to act, R174. Nor do you get to dictate the terms of participation.

It was beautiful seeing you flip out, though. Read below for some of your vaunted gay gossip...

by Anonymousreply 18109/25/2012

R178 - Let me translate from the Australian for your benefit: "to chuck a Cash" = to behave as (Pat) Cash did, i.e. clamber over various spectators to hug his team after a big win (i.e. Wimbledon). You can chuck all sorts of things in Australian - you might remember Novotna was always chucking wobblies, and there was a while there when the Williamses were chucking sickies left, right, and centre (probably weren't being offered enough appearance money?). Not to be confused with chucking up, which is what Sampras did on court one year at the USO (against Corretja?).

by Anonymousreply 18209/26/2012

Get along, cunts. Let's talk about tennis, not hating groups of people.

People who aren't tennis fans should be the targets of our disdain lol.

That's a shame about Nadal. Hopefully he can play 2013 AO. I don't like him as a player but it sucks when 1 of the best isn't around. Look what happened in the wta in the mid 2000s when the best 4 players (Williams sisters and the Belgians) started having injuries. The game became a mess.

by Anonymousreply 18309/26/2012

I know I'm going to be yelled at by the 'let's not discuss steroids' crowd, but some people on other boards think that Nadal has been 'silently banned' for a certain period of time from tennis due to roids and the ATP is letting him cover up his temp ban. I think he probably roids (or did at one point) but this theory is too conspiracyish for me.

by Anonymousreply 18409/26/2012

More proof of Tipsarevic gay hating. LINKS PLEASE!!!!!

Please link it r159 instead of you c&p-ing it. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 18509/26/2012

R185, I can't find the original source of those quotes. They've been posted on tennis forums many times without source links. I'd like to think that means they're fabricated but I don't think so. If they were, I'm sure Tipsy would have said something.

I saw that he won his round in Thailand this morning.

by Anonymousreply 18609/26/2012

Are you kidding r186? No proof? You are part of the problem.

NEXT!

by Anonymousreply 18709/26/2012

R186 you are just as bad as the Serena uses steroids troll. Just puking out bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 18809/26/2012

R153, you are incredibly stupid. As you say, that is only one incident - and the only "evidence" you can put forward. Now, let's see what was happening in Serena's life in 2011. Oh yeah, she had used to hang around her house all the time and was such a freak that a court issued a restraining order on him. Serena ran to her panic room and called 911 when someone appeared to be trying to enter her house at 6 in the morning. She had another freaky stalker in the early 2000s too. No big deal if she wants to take extra precautions or gets scared at times.

What this incident actually shows is that tennis players are subjected to random tests all the time. You only got to hear about this one because she called the police - not her manager, but an authority no less than the police, when you claim she was induldging in an illegal act.

As for Lance Armstrong, that's a very different scenario. He went off and had a shower while the drug tester was made to wait for him. Then he indulged in a public campaign against the drug testing authority, the French, everyone, in his efforts to make it seem that this guy should not have been there to test him and that his appearance was all part of a conspiracy! The rumours/facts about Armstrong had been circulating for many years. But, he was protected, perhaps by people within the International Cycling Association. Moreover, practically everyone in cycling was doping. And, in particular in Armstrong's day, the lead cyclists, and him especially, were cycling at rates that are almost physiologically impossible for a mere human. (This year's Tour de France was 10% slower than in previous years because there has been a more concerted effort to rid it of drugs.)

Serena has no rumours circulating about her, tennis is not known as a sport which is rife with doping therefore everyone is obligated to do it, and there is no way it can be said she is doping yet being protected by the WTA. In fact, given how she can indeed be such a bitch she is hugely respected (Azarenka, whom she defeated at the US Open, called her "the greatest ever"). This is because she is universally recognised as a fucking brilliant player, and not just because she hits the ball hard but in her entire technique and set of skills. With someone who really has behaved badly on several occasions, such as Serena, you might expect that those peeved off with her might start rumours or attempt to smear her. But, guess what? There is no negative talk about Serena. Aside from your bullshit, but it's irrelevant garbage and means nothing.

by Anonymousreply 18909/26/2012

Wozniacki managed to defeat Li-how surprising. I guess the knee thing is over now.

Anyone think Donald Young is really cute? I'm dying to see him shirtless but I've never found anything online. He'll take on stud Verdasco in his next match.

by Anonymousreply 19009/26/2012

Sorry I can't pinpoint a original source link for Tipsy's comments, but why is it so hard to believe that the guy is a homophobe? Here's a link to some comments he made on his own Twitter about women's tennis. Is it so hard to believe that a guy who makes those comments would also be homophobic? And who also happens to come from a generally homophobic nation?

by Anonymousreply 19109/26/2012

Why you ask r191? BECAUSE YOU HAVE ZERO PROOF!

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH!

by Anonymousreply 19209/26/2012

Are you for real, r191?

by Anonymousreply 19309/26/2012

I will bet r191 is searching franticly for a Tipsarevic anti-gay link right now. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 19409/26/2012

I wonder if Nadal, when he's not playing tennis, also feels the need to constantly pick his underwear out of his butt.

by Anonymousreply 19509/26/2012

Well, R195.. considering it's an OCD trait, probably yes.. it's not like he does it on purpose, like some Rafa haters seem to think.

by Anonymousreply 19609/26/2012

I have no doubt that r194, r193, r192, r187, r185 are the same person evading trolldar. Listen, your boy is a bigot. Accept it and move it along.

Thanks r182.

by Anonymousreply 19709/26/2012

Thanks, R197. I don't even hate Tipsarevic. I think his attitude toward women and PROBABLY gays comes from his culture and it's unfortunate that he hasn't overcome that but not unexpected. No, R194, I'm not going to spend time searching for the original article, sorry. If you don't believe the widely propagated comments, that's certainly your right. Is he one of your favorite players? I didn't know anyone felt so strongly about defending him. jeez.

by Anonymousreply 19809/26/2012

That's because you still have no proof, dear/r198.

by Anonymousreply 19909/27/2012

No proof? look at the quotes Tipsarevic gave in a link someone posted earlier. Now fuck off with this stupid topic.

WTF @ Petrova getting to the Tokyo final lol RANDOM.

by Anonymousreply 20009/28/2012

very impressed by Radwanska today! She just totally handled Kerber and had all kinds of fun crafty shots.

Verdasco you idiot. Losing to Tipsarevic...

by Anonymousreply 20109/28/2012

[R201] Verdasco lost not long ago to a guy just inside the top 500 and just before that a guy not even ranked. Losing to Tipsy is the least of his worries lol. His career's going down the shithole real fast.

I used to be such a fan, but he hasn't bothered to improve his weaknesses and he's wasted his talent. I'm glad I got to see him live this year once though, and he won the match.

by Anonymousreply 20209/28/2012

Anybody has info on retired tennis player Gabby Sabatini? Everyone say or suggest she's a lesbian but I have never heard a rumor linking her to anybody. I always thought shw was hot inspite of walking llike John Wayne.

by Anonymousreply 20309/28/2012

" IF IT'S POSTED ON THE DL IT MUST BE THE TRUTH! "

by Anonymousreply 20409/28/2012

RE: Verdasco I totally agree. From 2008-2010, Verdasco was able to challenge the very best players. Since that time, he'll occasionally have a good match but just doesn't seem to have his game anymore.

Did anyone see his current look? WTF a BUN? really Fernando lol. a cap and a bun. Still hot but ay dios mio wtf gurl.

by Anonymousreply 20509/28/2012

R205, you crack me up. Yeah Tipsy wasn't even playing that great in today's match against him but Verdasco still managed to lose.

Any truth to the rumors that Verdasco is bi?

by Anonymousreply 20609/28/2012

Well everyone's favorite Tipsarevic lost to Gilles Simon in Bangkok so he's out of that tournament.

The Japan and China Opens start in a couple of days. Murray is playing Japan and Djoko is playing China.

by Anonymousreply 20709/29/2012

What's with the Tipsarevic obsession, r207? Troll-dar is not your friend.

by Anonymousreply 20809/29/2012

[R205] Yes, so sad. His own doing though - he refused to work on his weaknesses and somehow expected his results to be different. The very definition of dumb.

by Anonymousreply 20909/29/2012

BTW, I don't think people accusing Serena of doping know what they're talking about. Most parts of her game are not that exceptional except her serve (which all commies point to as technical perfection), and being the most important shot in tennis, of course since most WTA players can't serve that well, she's going to win most matches she plays if that shot is firing.

Seriously, her movement is fine but far from the best. Her groundstrokes are good, but heaps of WTA players can match her there as well. It's her serve that gives her the advantage over the rest of the women's tour. She's also a very careful scheduler and has had numerous injury breaks which is how she's lasted so long and avoided burnout.

She's not doping people, she just has technical mastery of the most important shot in tennis: the serve, and is a smart scheduler.

And I'm not even a huge fan.

by Anonymousreply 21009/29/2012

Yes, R203, Gabby is gay. Worst kept secret ever. But word is that she's afraid coming out would affect her multi-million dollar business so she stays in the closet. Seriously, why else isn't a 42 year old hot "straight" woman married already?

by Anonymousreply 21109/29/2012

R207 Simon is just as misogynistic...lol we just don't know if he's a homophobe too but it wouldn't shock me.

I'm gonna have to root for cokewhore (remember that club incident in Miami lol) Gasquet to kick Simon's ass in the final.

I feel for Serena and Venus. Their father and stepmother just had a baby...keep in mind Richard has a son from a marriage before he met Oracene who must be in his late 30s or early 40s by now. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 21209/30/2012

R208, I was only replying about Tipsarevic because someone (ahem) kept asking about his comments. Whatever, I'm done with the whole thing. People can believe what they want about him.

R212, the funniest part about that coke incident was that he claimed he tested positive because of some girl kissing him.....and then the ATP 'bought' his excuse and overturned his suspension. Gasquet vs. Simon in the finals in a few hours, can't say I have a real preference.

by Anonymousreply 21309/30/2012

r208, r213 is the "Tipsarevic hates gays but I have no proof" troll. He been trying to make that "happen" for awhile. now.

by Anonymousreply 21409/30/2012

wtf how many fucking times does someone need to post what he said about avoiding the known male players who are gay and that he thinks mauresmo is a pervert? that's pretty fucking clear you moron.

by Anonymousreply 21509/30/2012

Yes, Sabatini is gay. Close friends know but it would ruin her image in Argentina if she ever came out.

by Anonymousreply 21609/30/2012

Link please r215!

by Anonymousreply 21709/30/2012

R217 read back in this thread. It's there. Someone posted it. I don't care if you're obsessed with the idea of Tipsarevic penetrating you-it's not happening and he would avoid you if he knew you were gay. He' s a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 21809/30/2012

r218, there's no link. Just more unverified blog slop. Do you normally believe everything that is written on the Internet?

by Anonymousreply 21909/30/2012

R216 i don't think it would ruin her image Argentina because most people already assume she's gay (but closeted ) over there. May be she doesnt want to come out either for her family or her perfume business.

by Anonymousreply 22009/30/2012

R219 it was all over tennis sites 4 years ago before he was a top 10 player. No one cared about him then and there would have been no reason for people to randomly make stuff up to ruin the reputation of a random top 50 player. I'm pretty sure it was from an interview with Serbian Playboy or something. You can choose not to believe it, but I have no doubts about it.

by Anonymousreply 22109/30/2012

" I eat old people's excrement! "

by Anonymousreply 22209/30/2012

R222 it's ok-you can find plenty of people who don't share Tipsarevic's views to masturbate over. Unless of course you agree with the idiot's backward views.

by Anonymousreply 22309/30/2012

wow who knew preteens were posting on this site.

by Anonymousreply 22509/30/2012

I don't believe that Nando is gay, but there is some talk about him being bi-sexual. Questions around the exact nature of his relationship with very good friend Gary.

by Anonymousreply 22710/03/2012

Rafa posted a pic on his FB just recently that only says "Swimming at sea in the early morning"...with a mystery man =p.

by Anonymousreply 22810/04/2012

Funnily enough although I was once a huge Nando fan I always thought he was criminally overrated in the looks department. I was there for his tennis LOL =p.

by Anonymousreply 22910/04/2012

Nando is very sexy in real life but the current hairstyle does him no favors. Nor do his arrogance and vanity.

by Anonymousreply 23010/04/2012

[R230] Also doesn't help that whenever he steps onto a tennis court his balls seem to shrink into a vadge =p.

by Anonymousreply 23110/04/2012

Tip definitely made those comments. I cannt remember if I read them in the NY Times or the Tennis Magazine site- but they are very real.

A lot or Eastern Europeans are very homophobic-former eastern bloc countries. But that is a generalization of course. I think it is kind of obvious that Djokovic is not. Neither is Nadal. And neither are gay.

by Anonymousreply 23210/04/2012

R227 who is Gary? Got any pics of Verdasco's friend?

I'm not saying I don't believe it, but to me Verdasco seems like too much of a diva to be into guys-he seems to be the type who wants to be THE hot guy in the room with everyone only staring at him.

by Anonymousreply 23310/04/2012

ugh will Cuntapova's easy draws never stop? I mean Hercog in the third round of a big tournament? REALLY?

btw Hercog is a lesbian, DL posters.

by Anonymousreply 23410/04/2012

" Tip definitely made those comments. I cannt remember if I read them in the NY Times or the Tennis Magazine site- but they are very real. "

How convenient. Suuuure,

by Anonymousreply 23510/04/2012

r235 - Oh give it up. There are plenty of nice-looking tennis boys who aren't 'phobes for you to dwell on if that matters to you.

[quote]A lot or Eastern Europeans are very homophobic-former eastern bloc countries. But that is a generalization of course. I think it is kind of obvious that Djokovic is not. Neither is Nadal. And neither are gay.

And Nadal isn't from Eastern Europe, so I'm not sure what he has to do with that generalization anyway.

Anyway, both Nadal & Djokovic are surrounded at all times by an entourage of handlers, so nobody on the outs would really know anything that personal about them. Nadal is particularly mysterious since his career/"brand" started when he was so young. I can't think when he's ever stepped out of line.

r228 - Yeah, Rafa's people are working hard to keep him in the minds of his fans. A new FB pic every day. Not that I'm complaining.

by Anonymousreply 23610/04/2012

I EAT TOE JAM AND TOE NAILS OFF THE JANKO TIPSAREVIC'S FEET!

by Anonymousreply 23710/04/2012

Below is the quotation I read at the Tennis Magazine site from Tip. Pretty awful. Its at least 2 years old, maybe more.

"Agassi was my idol, but he really disappointed me when he married Steffi." [Tipsarevic was] asked to comment on Kournikova: "She isn't all that beautiful, it's just the other female players are just so ugly. I've never seen at least pretty tennis player, except Sabatini." "I know there are some homosexual male players, but I try not to have any contact with them. And as for women, I know Mauresmo is a *******."

by Anonymousreply 23810/04/2012

Can we just ban Tipsarevic as a topic on this thread? He's not even a good enough player to be worthy of this much discussion and almost killing this thread.

R236, I agree that it's hard to really know anything about them with their huge teams surrounding them. Still, I don't think Djokovic would have acted the way he did with the boy at the US Open this year if he were deeply homophobic. Or walk on a catwalk in a speedo while allowing another player to grope his ass and some other guy to look down his shorts.

I read that Rafa is going to make his glorious return at an exhibition game this December. It's hard to take his complaints about hard courts seriously when he'll play on them for money.

by Anonymousreply 23910/04/2012

Also I saw that Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic got knocked out of the China Open. What happened to those girls?

by Anonymousreply 24010/04/2012

It's hard to believe you remembered all that, r238. I don't really know who he is but he sounds like an ass. So I looked him up and went 10 pages deep into Google and nothing came up about anti-gay stuff. Is there a web site or some sort of link you can put up?

by Anonymousreply 24110/04/2012

That "quote", r241, has been cut and pasted on a few forums but no original link is ever given, so it's dubious. But, Tipsarevic has definitely said some disgusting things about women and the women's game so I can easily believe he's a homophobic shit too (misogyny and gay-hating going hand-in-hand, except for on DL perhaps where a large number of the gay men also seem to hate women, but that's another issue).

by Anonymousreply 24210/04/2012

Hercog, as posted up thread, is a lesbian, and was also involved with a former doubles partner. (Daniliidou)

by Anonymousreply 24310/04/2012

Aside from the weird accents, I HATE that boxed picture shit. I added a link, not a fucking picture and blurb. (What happened to that thread, rightly complaining about this new picture crap?)

Really, r243? How do you actually know that? Aside from just being "in the know"?

by Anonymousreply 24410/04/2012

R244, I saw them together, must have been about a year ago. They weren't exactly hiding anything.

I believe Eleni is out, Polona isn't - although I don't think she hides anything.

by Anonymousreply 24510/04/2012

By your logic r242 Howard Stern should hate gays but he doesn't. You're really trying hard to prove a point without proof. Are you a Republican?

by Anonymousreply 24610/05/2012

Didn't know where to post this...

by Anonymousreply 24710/05/2012

Preface: Typically I'm not a conspiracy theorist.

Robin Soderling has been missing from the scene since July 2011. He had pulled out of events last summer because of mononucleosis. It's now been 15 months, and still no date has been set for a return to the tour. An Associated Press article in May mentioned he had "suffered setbacks" when he started to train for his return.

I had mono two years ago. It was a relatively minor case, so it's possible that Soderling had a more severe case and is truly not able to compete for over a year because of it. But a big part of me wonders if he got caught doping, and is serving a suspension. The guy was really a journeyman, ranked between 25-75 for most of his career. Suddenly in 2009, basically from out of nowhere, he upsets Nadal, makes the finals of the French Open, and becomes a Top Ten player, until his illness.

And it just seems odd that there's not more news or information from the ATP or the tennis media on his prolonged absence.

Obviously I've got no proof of anything, but it just seems to be an odd situation.

by Anonymousreply 24810/06/2012

Gaby's gf?

by Anonymousreply 24910/07/2012

I guess no one is paying attention to the Asian tournaments. Kei Nishikori won the Tokyo title in front of his home crowd. Andy Murray was knocked out of that event in semis. Djokovic won the China title over Tsonga and for the women, Vika beat Shriekapova.

by Anonymousreply 25010/07/2012

Interesting result with Azarenka beating Sharapova, it's another lopsided score for Maria against a top player.

She's lost 10 matches so far this year, but in 6 of those losses, she's been unable to win more than 5 games.

by Anonymousreply 25110/07/2012

Gabby's gf is ok looking but Martina's woman is sexier.

by Anonymousreply 25210/07/2012

r248 , when Soderling had his big breakthrough it was after he'd been away from the sport for a while due to injury. That's pretty suspicious because instead of resting and healing, he might have been training like crazy with PEDs. His trainer at the time Magnus whatshisname said the injury and the time away helped him which is a strange comment.

by Anonymousreply 25310/07/2012

Not surprisingly Martina's toughest opponent at Wimbledon 83

by Anonymousreply 25410/10/2012

Just how many times will Sharapova get embarrassed in a big match? It's a joke she's the highest paid female tennis player. Serena and now Azarenka are clearly better.

by Anonymousreply 25510/10/2012

If Sharapova could still serve like she did pre-injury she would be killing everybody. It's amazing what she's still able to do with no serve.

by Anonymousreply 25610/10/2012

R256 she wouldn't be beating Serena, even with her old serve. Sharapova is not a good enough athlete and is in fact VERY lucky now that the rest of the tour sucks so much. Only Serena and now Azarenka can consistently crush her. Venus is old and in decline thanks to her condition while Henin, Clijsters and Mauresmo are all retired. Wozniacki, Ivanovic and Kvitova are slumping and the rest of the younger girls suck.

by Anonymousreply 25710/10/2012

umm forget Tipsarevic. Victor Troicki looks like a hot dumb jock with a big ol' dick.

by Anonymousreply 25810/10/2012

Troicki is kind of hot in that dumb jock way, but he's a bit of a grunt, unfortunately. And prone to complaining. Probably has something to do with being the distant #3 Serb.

As a whiner/complained, however, he has nothing on Sergiy Stakhovsky. God, he is a pain in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 25910/10/2012

Please tell us more about this sighting, r245, it sounds intriguing. What exactly were they doing?

Judging from her website Eleni isn't completely out, but she's not totally in the closet either. If they were behaving as overtly as you claim, then Polona is out too. What exactly did you see?

From Eleni's site:

The best looking guys are: George Clooney, Gabriela Sabatini

That’s my perfect day: Sleep in, going for a fredo (coffee) next to the beach, relax on the beach, going for windsurfing, going for a walk at the shops, watching a DVD in my bed with the person i love, the rest is all about imagination…

If I had the chance, I would love to…go to the penguins with the person I love

by Anonymousreply 26010/10/2012

Please fuck me...I don't care if he's sucking on the court now.

by Anonymousreply 26110/12/2012

ay dios mio even in a cheesy outfit he looks so hot. THOSE LEGS drool...

by Anonymousreply 26210/12/2012

His legs, especially his thighs are amazing, but he has such a butter face.

by Anonymousreply 26310/12/2012

butter face? WTF are you blind? Sure he doesn't look stunning in every pic he takes but he has plenty of great face pics. I think he's very handsome. If he's a butter face, I'll be his bread any time.

by Anonymousreply 26410/12/2012

well looks like Stosur will waltz her way to a title by beating a basically challenger-level field lol. I mean wow...who woulda thought a slam champ would have only 3 titles (and likely 4 tomorrow)?

by Anonymousreply 26610/13/2012

WTF Stosur! Losing in a third set tiebreak to Chang? um wow. She's never gone win another title lmao.

by Anonymousreply 26710/13/2012

LOL, Stosur is the biggest choke artist in the game right now. And yes, I know Ivanovic and Petrova are still active players.

by Anonymousreply 26810/13/2012

at least Ivanovic and Petrova have more than 3 titles lmao.

Another boring Djokovic-Murray final...as Chris Brown's song goes "Don't Wake Me Up" (for this shit) lol

by Anonymousreply 26910/13/2012

Oh, and which Grand Slam did Petrova win?

by Anonymousreply 27010/14/2012

So Djokovic edges Murray out...if there hadn't been so much wind at the USO this would have happened too.

Azarenka continues owning everyone not named Williams...

Heather Watson wins first title :) always nice when any player achieves that.

by Anonymousreply 27110/14/2012

"Sam The Man Stosur"

Good to know you're writing this kind of shit on a gay board, r270 (and on a tennis fans' thread).

by Anonymousreply 27210/14/2012

Novak/Murray match was great. Watching their styles play each other is boring but this match had enough drama to make it good. The turning point was Novak's "Tweener" shot when he was almost beaten (see video). How endearing is he?

The announcer on the video is pretty funny too.

by Anonymousreply 27310/14/2012

Novak and Andy are the present and future. The grand slam finals from this point on will likely be these two for the next 3-4 years. Fed is done, who knows about Rafa and the next wave don't have the guts to get there.

by Anonymousreply 27410/15/2012

And Sam Stosur losing that semi to Chang is a joke. Third set tiebreaker!!?? How did she even let it get that far? Talk about the classic under achiever. Heck, Melanie Oudin has a tournament win this year.

by Anonymousreply 27510/15/2012

2 women's and 3 men's events this week! yay! I love when there is a lot of action going on.

by Anonymousreply 27610/17/2012

I think it's weird when Andy Murray does this move on court.

by Anonymousreply 27710/18/2012

Andy Murray looks like the product of a vampire and a werewolf.

by Anonymousreply 27810/18/2012

Andy Murray looks like Butthead.

by Anonymousreply 27910/18/2012

R272, I'm gay and a huge tennis fan. I actually like Stosur quite a bit. It's a JOKE. Save your lectures and get over yourself.

by Anonymousreply 28010/18/2012

R277, his antics are disgusting and made even more so because he's a mess to look at. Is anyone a fan of his?

by Anonymousreply 28110/19/2012

I remember when Rafael won a lengthy final over Federer at a major contest, (one of the Big 4) and Federer was reportedly in tears. It was a very close final. Then as Rafael won more big tournaments, fans were commenting on his amazing body growth in such a relatively short time. Now, I'm wondering if his joint problems stem from steroids use and it's now catching up to him. For his sake, I hope not.

by Anonymousreply 28210/19/2012

sports=drugs=money all sports of major amounts of drugs all tennis players are drugged

by Anonymousreply 28310/19/2012

Rafa doesn't use PEDs. God, get over it. At 17 or 18 he was a bull of a human. Plus, most PEDs are designed to help with recovery. He's obviously NOT recovering well. So, there goes that theory.

by Anonymousreply 28410/19/2012

r282 - He never had an amazing body growth. He was built like a tank from the time he was a kid. And he doesn't have "joint issues" - he has a recurring injury in the same knee.

I have no idea if he or any other tennis players are using PED (apart from the ones who've been caught), but even if they are, steroids are not exactly state-of-the-art. You're not going to look at a player and know they're using. See Lance Armstrong. A player like Roger Federer who keeps on hanging with younger players is far more suspect.

by Anonymousreply 28510/19/2012

R280, you do realize that R286 has a point.

Or maybe you laugh at all the stereotypes of gay men as women, girls, or just like being called a sissy. Hilarious, right?

by Anonymousreply 28710/19/2012

I actually love Rafa and Serena... but seriously, they have to have used steroids at some point.

Two words: Lance Armstrong

Who knows what will come to light in 7 years time!

by Anonymousreply 28810/19/2012

Seriously? Seriously, R288? Anyone who "reasons" with "two words" needs an education. There is no logical connection to Lance Armstrong and any random athlete, more than any of the non-steroid using athletes that are a more fair comparison.

No, seriously, R288, you clearly know nothing about physiology and training (much less body types). If you spent any time in a gym, you'd know that you can become more muscular than Rafa or Serena without "steroids". There's a huge difference between illegal drugs, on the one hand, and overloading on proteins and overtraining, on the other hand. The latter is Rafa's obsession and the cause if his downfall.

We went through this with his first knee injury. He put on too much muscle and weight and punished his body as a result. it's basic physics. You put 3x your weight on your joints when you run, as you must to play tennis these days. Lighter is smarter for tennis. Period.

You're a dimwitted twit. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 28910/19/2012

r286 - Using "fag" to make your point just makes you as big an ass as r280. Worse, actually, since at least r280 wasn't malicious, just dumb.

by Anonymousreply 29010/20/2012

R279 yes he is the real-life version of Butthead. Not attractive at all. When I see him it makes me want to be straight lol. While he's fit, his body is not hot to me either. THere's nothing about him I like. He has a stank personality too and all the press hype puts me over the edge against him. If he weren't British, he wouldn't be half as famous or rich and the press wouldn't love him.

Some very interesting matches coming up later today. Ladies: In Moscow Stosur vs. Ivanovic while in Luxembourg we have returning Venus vs. returning Petkovic. Gents: Moscow Jaziri from Tunisia making his first SF! that's huge. Vienna: Tsonga vs. Baghdatis and Berdych vs. Almagro.

by Anonymousreply 29110/20/2012

r291 ... Tsonga and Berdych are in Stockholm, not Vienna. The cities are not interchangeable.

by Anonymousreply 29210/20/2012

Petko is back in action? That's good news.

I'd nearly given up on her. Was it a back problem that kept her out for so many months?

by Anonymousreply 29310/20/2012

R290, that's my point, offensive language is offensive language and cannot be excused by saying "I'm gay". Or are you as dumb as r280?

by Anonymousreply 29410/21/2012

Stosur loses another title opportunity, 7-5 in the 3rd to Wozniacki in Moscow.

by Anonymousreply 29510/21/2012

Is Bruno Soares gay? He just won doubles in Stockholm and I could have sworn I heard him thank "my boyfriend and HIS brother for coming to support me..." I was just walking in from the laundry when I heard this so I thought I might have been imagining it ...

by Anonymousreply 29610/21/2012

Is Djokovic gay?

by Anonymousreply 29710/21/2012

r294 - A dopey, lame insult directed at a celebrity athlete implying that her muscular physique is man-like is not equivalent to directing a far more hateful slur at a specific person who you know will be reading it. But you already know that. You just like saying 'fag' on a gay board, right?

by Anonymousreply 29810/21/2012

R297 yes he likes uncut thick balkan cock

by Anonymousreply 29910/21/2012

But I'm really wondering, R299. Djokovic has pinged for me since day one but I've never heard stories of him sleeping with anyone, male or female. I think he's had that same "girlfriend" since he was a teenager. Something's not right there.

by Anonymousreply 30010/22/2012

I've wondered about Bruno too, r296. I thought that I'd read he got married a couple of years ago, but when I searched him just now, I couldn't find much of anything about him.

I didn't see the final that they won today so I didn't hear the speech that you did. But it looks like he's wearing a wedding ring when he hoists the trophy in the clip they have at the Stockholm Open site.

by Anonymousreply 30110/22/2012

Bruno is married.

I'm guessing you mis-heard him, or else something got lost in the translation.

by Anonymousreply 30210/22/2012

No, r298, I just like making a very obvious point that you are a hypocrite to be offended by. As a lesbian, I find calling a lesbian tennis player a "man" on a thread about gays and tennis on a gay board - when an out lesbian player has also been attacked for looking like a "man" - pretty shitty.

And, yes, I do find it much more serious that succesful lesbian tennis players are called "men" by their opponents, by some in the media, by some in the general public and even by gay men on a gay board. That is much more hateful for all of us as gay people and a reminder of what can happen to us if we come out than me pointing out to a moron just how shitty the use of language can be. The "man" bit is not just about physique but also an allusion to sexuality. Otherwise, according to your "logic", there's not much wrong in calling physically effete gay men fags.

If you think I use the word "fag" as part of my normal language then you're an idiot. R270 is happy to make lighthearted "jokes" about "Sam the Man", however.

by Anonymousreply 30310/22/2012

Dear R303, you must just LOVE to "hear" yourself talk. I can just imagine your sense of smug satisfaction as you surveyed your anger-filled posts. Yes, you really showed me! Wow! Are you happy? You made your point many posts ago. Move on sweetie. If you get this worked up over a dumb remark on an anonymous message board, you must just crumble when confronted with real issues.

by Anonymousreply 30410/22/2012

I can almost see r304's tiny fists on her hips.

by Anonymousreply 30510/23/2012

Wow, R304, sensitive much? I guess R303 did make her point.

As someone bullied as being a "girl" because I was gay no matter how many races I won in swimming and track, people like you piss me off even more than straight bullies. Gay people should know better, and you're giving us a bad name.

Stosur doesn't have "manly" arms. She has "muscular" arms, and many women athletes have proven that women can have muscles. What fucking world are you coming from?

You're a bigot, R304. And R305 is dead on. "Sweetie"? With that little hysterical hissy fit? You're really in no position to make gender swipes.

by Anonymousreply 30610/23/2012

Can we please discuss something other than internet fighting? Forget who's gay and who's not, does anyone have any stories they'd like to share about encountering players? Who's cool, who's an asshole.....

by Anonymousreply 30710/23/2012

The best post in this thread:

[R291] ... Tsonga and Berdych are in Stockholm, not Vienna. The cities are not interchangeable.

Really, the two cities are magical places, but cities that few American visit

by Anonymousreply 30810/23/2012

Why are all the women looking like they're about to cry at the WTA Championships ... well, Azaraneka threw fits and looked like she was going to implode, but even when she, Williams, and Sharapova won, they looked like they were auditioning for an award for Most Emotional. Kerber and Li Na were a mess too, but they lost (although Kerber fought like hell).

Serena v. Azarenka tomorrow should be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 30910/24/2012

Because they're all emotional basket cases R309. Not like me, with my stiff upper lip.

by Anonymousreply 31010/24/2012

Radwanska TOTALLY fucked up vs. Cuntapova. 7-5 4-2 and lost the match? damn it. I'm so sick of that evil shrieking bitch. How she has any fans I'll never know. I find her so unlikable.

Looking forward to the other matches. I'm glad Stosur is in since Kvitova is sick and playing like shit.

Men's action looking interesting too this week.

btw Ferrero officially retired.

by Anonymousreply 31110/25/2012

R311, who could disagree? But even though I find Sharapova's screaming and steely-eyed diva posturing unbearable, the player who is guaranteed to make me turn off the telly (or not turn up to a match I've bought a ticket to) is Azarenka. The noise she produces is beyond annoying, and I have no idea why the WTA isn't demanding she tone it down. And what's with Kvitova's bark when she hits a winner?!?!? Is there no way to make the WTA listen to our complaints?

by Anonymousreply 31210/25/2012

You're unhinged R306. Get back on your meds

by Anonymousreply 31310/25/2012

omfg.. this pic. I don't even know what to say.. lol.

by Anonymousreply 31410/25/2012

R313, you read more insane with every post, as troll-dar reveals. Once you signed off with "Stosur has manly arms! Deal with it" we could all see what a hormonal whacko you are.

Women can have muscles and not be manly. Idiot.

Stop ruining this thread.

by Anonymousreply 31510/25/2012

Serena, Queen of the court yet again. Wins WTA Championship, You go girl!

by Anonymousreply 31610/28/2012

Miss Serena Williams beat Maria Sharapova 6-4 6-3 in the WTA Championships today! Maria tried hard to upset Serena, but, Serena was very dominant. Serena also took advantage of Maria's weak 2nd serves and poor court coverage. 2013 should be very exciting WTA & ATP tennis.

Come back Rafa & keep fighting Venus!

by Anonymousreply 31710/28/2012

LOL R314 Raonic totally queening out in that pic. He's giving me Richard Simmons teas with that hair and smile...

A great day today in tennis. Serena didn't play her best at all but she still straight setted that evil bitch Sharapova in Istanbul. Del Potro finally got revenge over Federer in Basel.

by Anonymousreply 31810/28/2012

Serena has been excellent from Wimbledon onwards.She seems like she can't wait for next season, where I'm sure she'll continue to dominate.

Maria is probably just happy she beat Vika and didn't get bageled.

by Anonymousreply 31910/28/2012

Hopefully ALL of the top women will be healthy at the start of 2013 and the slumping will stop...Serena should be #1 by the end of the AO.

by Anonymousreply 32010/29/2012

The WTA needs to explain how a woman who wins Wimbledon, US Open, Year End Championship and the Olympic title cannot be ranked no. 1 in the world?? Not just that, she did not lose to the three closest competitors all year. She was 5-0 against Vika, 3-0 against Maria and 2-0 against Radwanska. Huh??? Azarenka so clealry TANKED her semi vs. Sharapova to not lose in the final to Serena and tarnish her 'no. 1' ranking. What a joke this sport is!! Either the slams need to have the winner get five times as many points as the runner up or some other rating system has to come in place. Serena was supreme in 2012, losing just 4 matches 94% of all her matches. What a stupid, stupid WTA.

by Anonymousreply 32110/29/2012

In simplest terms, the WTA and ATP rankings award quantity over quality. It used to be that rankings were based on averages (80s & early 90s). Now the rankings are sum totals. Which means you can lose early in half your events, but it doesn't hurt your ranking. The old rankings used to have quality points as well. Meaning if Serena beats No. 1 Azarenka, she earns more points. That is no longer the case - a player earns as many points beating No. 1 as she earns beating No.100.

I think the other dynamic that people lose sight of is that the rankings are based on a full year. So its easy to look at the last six months and say Serena was the best, but earlier in the year. Azarenka won 4 or 5 straight events, including the Australian Open, while Serena lost early multiple times. I still agree, Serena was the best player this year, but I could at least understand if Azarenka was a very close second.

I'd also note that the men's rankings aren't any different, they've just been lucky that the top players in recent years have played full seasons, so the rankings make sense. But it's interesting to note that Djokovic would have been ranked no. 2 behind Federer back in September even if he had won the U.S. Open, and held 2 of the 4 major titles in 2012. As it stands now, he will pass Federer in the rankings in a couple of weeks.

by Anonymousreply 32210/29/2012

He's a real card, is Tomic... I'm sure the Australian Tennis Federation's convinced they've invested wisely with this one. Oh, and for speed readers, it's "annus horribilis" with two ens.

by Anonymousreply 32310/29/2012

Sure he's trash, but men's tennis could use some diversity in personality. People love having someone to hate.

Hard to see him able to compete against equally talented players who actually put in the training time though. He's almost fallen out of the top 50. At age 20, his ranking should be going up not down.

by Anonymousreply 32410/29/2012

The Guardian's obit for Margaret Osborne duPont, in which they very coyly refer to her long-term relationship with Margaret Varner Bloss.

RIP.

by Anonymousreply 32510/30/2012

Djokovic must be a little rusty. Getting bounced in his first match in Paris by Sam Querrey is surprising, but great for Sam.

However I was looking forward to the possible 4th round meeting between DelPo and Djoker to see if DelPo could knock off the World Nos. 1 and 2 in consecutive tournaments. Now he doesn't have to face either of them in Paris.

I do kind of hate indoor tennis. I'm OK playing it (when need be) but I don't like watching it as much.

by Anonymousreply 32610/31/2012

I know the ettiquette at Wimbledon is to scoff down Strawberrys and Cream and get thoroughly pissed on Pims and Lemonade.. is that what you do at the American Open, or is there some variation of this happening?

by Anonymousreply 32710/31/2012

Djokovic wasn't right. He refused to discuss it after the match, but reports say that his father has been in the hospital in Serbia and he's been sick himself. A fit Djokovic does not lose to Querrey of all people.

The atmosphere at the tournament looks tacky. I guess that's what indoors tennis does.

by Anonymousreply 32811/01/2012

I like indoor tennis just to change it up...there's more than enough outdoor hardcourt tournaments. I think the color scheme of the Paris courts are good but the stands are weird.

and LOL @ Tomic. I can't stand the punk brat but I agree it's good to have him around. I'm sick of the top men all being nicey nice to each other. You all know if Tomic becomes a top player he's gonna piss everyone off with his ego. I'd love to see him get on the nerves of Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and Murray but he's friends with Djokovic.

by Anonymousreply 32911/01/2012

Djokovic claims to be friends with everyone. I'm sure Tomic could manage to get under his skin at some point, not that Djokovic would ever admit it. I hope he does well too because it's fun to have a bad boy in tennis.

by Anonymousreply 33011/01/2012

Tennis needs a greater diversity in court surfaces and court speeds. It's becoming narrower and narrower every year.

by Anonymousreply 33111/01/2012

YES. Murray knocked the fuck out by Janowicz the newcomer. Someone other than the top 4 will win a Masters title! I realize it's not the same cuz Federer and Nadal weren't here but still...

Wozniacki honing in on that Sofia shit title lmao

by Anonymousreply 33211/02/2012

Wozniacki's father has kicked Johansson to the curb and is back to pulling the strings. So essentially they've given up trying to develop her game offensively.

by Anonymousreply 33311/02/2012

[quote] in which they very coyly refer to her long-term relationship

It reads like out and proud to me!

by Anonymousreply 33411/02/2012

I do think Wozniacki will have a better 2013. Her father is annoying as fuck though.

by Anonymousreply 33511/02/2012

More Tomic - and the more I see, the more I like. I'm starting to agree that men's tennis needs bad boy antics again... One question, though: why isn't more being made of two young males, buck naked, all by themselves, in a hot tub, at 5.30 in the morning? :-)

by Anonymousreply 33611/02/2012

lol didn't know there were pics and video of the incident. Straight guys do the dumbest things...naked wrestling with another guy? hmmm but he's not hot at all.

by Anonymousreply 33711/02/2012

Djokovic's loss was followed by Murray's and Delpo's. Novak already has the number one ranking for 2012, so next week's season-end matches in London are not too exciting.

Thanks for R322 for taking the time to explain how the rankings work...hope R321 read the post. Surely, Serena knows that she must play more often to be ranked #1.

by Anonymousreply 33811/02/2012

I could not agree more with keeping the diversity of the court conditions just that, diverse. The powers that be are slowing down the fast surfaces and speeding up the slow ones. Did you know in addition to using heavy balls at Wimbledon, they open them two weeks ahead of time? Essentially they are playing with dead balls. Slowing the game down favors the defensive players and long rallies.

I think the ranking system is fair. It is based on total results of the last year. If you did not play, you lose points. The sport would die if it did not have its stars at the lesser events. The Williams sisters habit of playing the big events only is simply selfish. They simply could not get away with it if they were not the Williams sisters.

And for Serena fans- don't worry- the whole world agrees she is the best right now. On the other hand she is playing in an era of great depth in women's tennis but few great champions. She has not had anyone at her level, that is to say the level of Court, King, Evert, Navratilova, Graf, Seles, for a while. Henin was really the only one along with her sister, and perhaps Clisters who retired.

by Anonymousreply 33911/02/2012

Draw out for the Finals in London. Federer gets the easy (fixed?) draw with walking bye Tipsarevic, exhausted from Paris Ferrer, and DelPo. Djokovic and Murray have to slug it out with each other as well as with Tsonga and Berdych, the only player other than Djokovic and Murray to give Federer any trouble. I'm fully expecting Federer to waltz to victory.

The boys brought out their suits tonight:

by Anonymousreply 34011/03/2012

It's a little presumptuous to call Federer a winner based on the draw. As much as I'd like him to win, you never know with him these days.

Some say Tipsy tanked his match to be fresh for WTF.

by Anonymousreply 34111/03/2012

I don't think Tipsy tanked his match in Paris. He hasn't won any 1000 events ever right? Even if he's fresh, he can't realistically think he has a great shot against the others who are there. I can buy that Murray halfassed the final set against that Jerzy kid and can definitely buy that Djokovic tanked his.

by Anonymousreply 34211/03/2012

I hope Tomic and his BF got to suck a little on each other's foreskins before the cops showed up.

by Anonymousreply 34311/03/2012

I hope Janowicz wins the title...Ferrer is such a vulture. He only wins if the top 4 aren't around, or someone beats them for him.

by Anonymousreply 34411/04/2012

The best part about Tomic's latest scandal is that he pulled the "don't you know who I am?" line to the cops.

by Anonymousreply 34511/04/2012

Did anyone watch the Tipsarevic/Janowicz match? Tipsarevic was about to lose (one game away) and suddenly decided he was "dizzy" and quit. This is the same guy who bitches about equal pay for women in the slams because they don't do best of five.

by Anonymousreply 34611/04/2012

Janko is also a homophobe. Anytime he loses (even by retirement), it's a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 34711/04/2012

R249 gaby, her beard enriqueta martin and her alleged girlfriend lujan in a family pic around 1994.

by Anonymousreply 34811/04/2012

The link

by Anonymousreply 34911/04/2012

Federer may win in London, but Djokovic already has 2012 wrapped up as #1. Takes a lot of the excitement away from the tournament.

by Anonymousreply 35011/04/2012

Djokovic has probably checked out after getting the #1. Look for Federer to take this.

by Anonymousreply 35111/04/2012

Also remember any time a player "retires" just before losing that most betting agencies invalidate bets on matches with a medical retirement. Usually when you see a suspect retirement, you can guess there is a gun to his/her head.

by Anonymousreply 35211/04/2012

Interesting, R352.

Whatever happened to the resident tennis insider? Francis or something? I miss the tennis gossip.

by Anonymousreply 35311/04/2012

Interesting comments made by Kim Tiilikainen (Jerzy Janowicz's coach) after Tipsarevic retired (citing dizziness - what a queen!) agains Janowicz at the Paris masters - "Tipsarevic should go and buy himself a skirt" (a Google Translate version provided at link).

Sounds a lot like a cat fight to me (and Tiilikainen sends my gaydar way off the charts).

by Anonymousreply 35411/05/2012

Oops - Google Translate link isn't working... The link below is to the original Finnish article you can get Google to translate...

by Anonymousreply 35511/05/2012

[quote]Janko is also a homophobe.

So what's the deal with this jerk? He's also said that his favorite singer is Babs Streisand. Does this mean he might be a closeted gay man trying to maintain a facade by being extremely homophobic in public? I mean, how many straight men his age even know who Streisand is, let alone listen to her music?

by Anonymousreply 35611/05/2012

Time is on Jocker's side...Federer obviously will be a year older in 2013. Even if Fed wins he will have more points to defend at the end of next year.

by Anonymousreply 35711/05/2012

Pathetic from Berdych and Tsonga. They should be kicking ass on indoor courts but both lost today. Berdych should have straight setted Murray but lost after taking the first set. Tsonga meekly went down in straights.

I wonder if Del Potro can stop embarrassing himself against Ferrer by finally beating him tomorrow.

Federer/Tipsarevic will be a joke.

by Anonymousreply 35811/05/2012

Berdych fell apart after one thing didn't go his way, as he usually does. I think a fatigued Djokovic is still just too much for Tsonga, it's not really Tsonga's fault.

by Anonymousreply 35911/05/2012

What's with Djokovic being exhausted at the end of every season?

by Anonymousreply 36011/05/2012

Due to his consistency he has played quite a few more matches than any other player on the tour. He's probably mentally tired as well because he has the #1 locked up.

by Anonymousreply 36111/06/2012

He is really not all that consistent, at least not this year. Has he really played more matches than any other player? I'd be curious to find out if he's played more matches than Murray.

by Anonymousreply 36211/06/2012

Here are some stats; ATP Most Matches Played:

1tDavid Ferrer ESPt86t

2tNovak Djokovic SRBt81t

3tNicolas Almagro ESPt80t

4tRoger Federer SUIt78t

5tJanko Tipsarevic SRBt78t

6tJuan Martin Del Potro ARGt77 t 7tJo-Wilfried Tsonga FRAt77t

8tTomas Berdych CZEt75t

9tAndy Murray GBRt 69tt

by Anonymousreply 36311/06/2012

Ferrer's actually played the most matches thus far this year - 86. Djokovic and Tipsarevic have each played 82. Murray has, surprisingly, only played 68. Fed's played 78.

by Anonymousreply 36411/06/2012

I think Djokovic is wiped at the end of the season because of his style of play. He plays an awful lot of marathon matches, and even the points during his matches are exhausting. Same story for Nadal, who has never played his best late in the season - a combination of surface and fatigue.

by Anonymousreply 36511/06/2012

is the rumor true about finding gay porn in Novak's hotel room?

by Anonymousreply 36611/06/2012

R366 where did you hear that lol

by Anonymousreply 36711/06/2012

It's not often that we hear the players talking about there being too little drug testing in the sport, but both Fed and Murray have expressed concern that there has been less out-of- competition testing this year.

by Anonymousreply 36811/06/2012

Tennis is a clean sport, no?

by Anonymousreply 36911/06/2012

[quote]It's not often that we hear the players talking about there being too little drug testing in the sport, but both Fed and Murray have expressed concern that there has been less out-of- competition testing this year.

Fuck! Time to hide in my panic room again before the testers enter my house.

by Anonymousreply 37011/06/2012

Agree with R365...also Djokovic made the finals of all four grand slams, which means he played more four and five set matches than Ferrer, and perhaps Fed.

by Anonymousreply 37111/06/2012

R371, Djoko did not reach the Wimbledon final. He lost to the Fed in the semis. He was, however, the only player to reach at least the semis of all four Slams and the Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 37211/06/2012

What, R366? You can't come by and drop that and not explain.

by Anonymousreply 37311/06/2012

JMDP vs Djokovic and Murray vs Federer in the semifinals tomorrow. I think JMDP is going to be a real threat for 2013 if he continues playing like this.

by Anonymousreply 37411/10/2012

Back off, Kevin Spacey!

Besides, the young blond twink that sits in the stands between you and Ian McKellan is more your type.

by Anonymousreply 37511/11/2012

WHAT is Andy Murray wearing?

by Anonymousreply 37611/11/2012

@ R376 the yellow shorts were horrible. Someone at Addidas does not like Murray much I mean they made him wear bright orange all summer and now that yellow.

by Anonymousreply 37711/12/2012

All the eldergays were out at the 02 supporting Murray - Kevin Spacey and Sir Ian. Sir Ian looked awful, his hair was a mess and he was wearing an old oversized jumper. He looked like a homeless dude.

by Anonymousreply 37811/12/2012

Isn't Murray a bit too old, a bit too ugly and too much of a troll for the British eldergays? Or is he considered a hunk over there?

by Anonymousreply 37911/12/2012

How ridiculous is this cartoon of the Top 8?

Did they actually all pose in this awkward "Superfriends" set up?

by Anonymousreply 38011/12/2012

In case it doesn't show properly, try this...

by Anonymousreply 38111/12/2012

Fed kicked Muzza's arse.

by Anonymousreply 38211/12/2012

Djojker is back. Wins the year-end title. Sorry Roger.

The Top 4 players take one each of the four Grand Slams.

Not a bad year for men's tennis.

by Anonymousreply 38311/12/2012

Are Andy & Brooklyn the couple that this blind item is referring to? I would agree that she's a C+ actress at best, but she's better known as a model and would deserve a higher grade on that. Also, he is described as an A-list celeb, but not an athlete. Most celebs have trainers, so that doesn't indicate he's an athlete, but I think that's what leads people in that direction.

Not that I don't think this arrangement is maybe possible in Roddick/Decker's relationship, but my guess would be this blind item is referring to someone else.

[quote]This C+ actress/model who is married to an A list celebrity has always suspected her husband is at least bisexual. They rarely have sex despite her being considered one of the more beautiful women in the world. When they do have sex, it is awkward and often disappointing as if she is the first woman he has ever been with and he can rarely maintain any kind of well, you know. Now he says he wants to take a year away and travel the world with his male trainer while she works on her career.

by Anonymousreply 38411/12/2012

[quote]Isn't Murray a bit too old, a bit too ugly and too much of a troll for the British eldergays? Or is he considered a hunk over there?

Andy has the best legs and ass on tour. And his ass tastes better than haggis.

by Anonymousreply 38511/12/2012

That was a decent final! I still want Del Potro or someone NEW to break up the top 4 next year. I'm sick of the same guys winning every fucking thing...Del Potro looked like he pooped out after going a set and a break up against Djokovic yesterday...unfortunate.

That blind item DEFINITELY sounds like Roddick. His wife is a model and C list actress. I was always completely turned off by Roddick so I never looked at or thought about him in a sexual way but he just doesn't seem like he's into guys at all. The blind item did appear to be describing him though...

by Anonymousreply 38611/12/2012

Congrats to Novak Djokovic for winning in London an hour ago, and, most important, leading Fed by almost 3,000 points as the 2012 tennis season closed.

by Anonymousreply 38711/12/2012

Ewww, R384, we don't want Andy Roddick on our team. He's disgusting and a loser. Give him back to the straights.

by Anonymousreply 38811/12/2012

R384 thanks for sharing the blind item but there is just no way that Roddick would be described outright as an "A List Celebrity". It would say "A List celebrity" for the sports world or something like that.

Who watched the Federer/Djokovic match tonight? Djokovic was roaring like a crazed man at the victory. I know that a lot of uptight pearl clutchers don't like Djokovic's winning celebrations but the man is fucking hot when he does that. I'd suck him dry. Can't tell if he pings. Sometimes I think he does.

by Anonymousreply 38911/12/2012

Fed just needs to win one more slam before he retires. He's broken so many records, it's sick how great and consistent his game has been over the years.

Djokovic has another three years of great tennis in him. He will easily get to ten slams. I doubt he will be like Rodge and kick ass at 31, though.

Del Potro is getting into good shape again. I hope he becomes a slam contender next year.

Nadal's future is anybody's guess.

by Anonymousreply 39011/12/2012

I have a funny feeling Nadal is gonna dominate next year. When he was hurt on and off throughout 2009, he came back and wiped the field in 2010. Assuming he's healthy, only Djoker can defeat him with any consistency.

by Anonymousreply 39111/13/2012

Is Nadal's long absence related to drug testing?

by Anonymousreply 39211/13/2012

I just wish most of the guys would gain about 10 pounds of muscle...I would still have sex with a lot of them now but most are a bit thin for me...just in terms of looks (NOT PERSONALITY) I think Verdasco, Ferrer, Fognini and Tipsarevic have the hottest bodies in the top 100. They actually have a decent amount of muscle and aren't too thin.

by Anonymousreply 39311/13/2012

393, in tennis, muscles in the chest and arms don't do much but add extra weight to pull around the court. That's why most of the top players have lean upper bodies, but big legs and asses. Back muscles and obliques are also developed because to the serve and ground strokes.

I love the look. Nole has the perfect physique IMO. Grrrrrrrrrr.

by Anonymousreply 39411/13/2012

[quote]in tennis, muscles in the chest and arms don't do much but add extra weight to pull around the court.

Bitch, please.

by Anonymousreply 39511/13/2012

Word, Serena.

I was talking 'bout the mins.

by Anonymousreply 39611/13/2012

Novak is no longer with his girlbeard, and yes they found gay porn in his room at the Four Seasons

by Anonymousreply 39711/13/2012

R397 his galpal was in the seats during his win over Fed. She was calmer than usual.

by Anonymousreply 39811/13/2012

R397 more info please? Do you know someone who works at the hotel? He was with his girlbeard last night.....

by Anonymousreply 39911/13/2012

I thought that it's been established here that Richard Gasquet (currently ranked #10) is probably gay, not Novak Djokovic (ranked #1).

by Anonymousreply 40011/13/2012

[quote]Word, Serena. I was talking 'bout the mins.

Well, duh'.

by Anonymousreply 40111/14/2012

r392 Silent suspension--my guess is yes, drug-related. After all, if his knee is so bad, why is he photographed playing golf not that long after Wimbledon.

by Anonymousreply 40211/14/2012

R394 you can lift weights and be a top player. I don't find Murray hot in any way , but he has bigger muscle than Djokovic who is too lean for me. Troicki has a hot body too. Monaco as well. I'm not saying they have to be bodybuilders, but lifting weights to add a bit more muscle to the chest and arms won't hurt you.

Agassi started lifting weights after he stopped using meth and had the most consistent period of his career. His fitness kept him in the game til his mid 30s! Nadal has a decent body too.

I like guys who are fit but not super lean.

by Anonymousreply 40311/14/2012

R400 I hadn't heard anything about Gasquet. I don't think there was anything posted about Novak Djokovic being gay until someone started posting about gay porn being found in his hotel room. I could see Djoker as gay but who would really bring a DVD of gay porn with them in 2012? Anyway, I'm waiting for more info from R394 since this is the first real gossip we've had on this thread for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 40411/14/2012

r402 - Your guess based on nothing. Recreational golf hardly puts the same strain on his knees that grinding on the court in a pro tennis match would.

by Anonymousreply 40511/14/2012

There were printed rumors about Richard Gasquet and an older married man in France and other countries six or seven years ago. They both denied the rumors.

French reporters say privately that while they like Gasquet, he's a mystery to them...even a bit of a head case. It should be said that Gasquet is a much bigger deal in France than in any other country.

by Anonymousreply 40611/14/2012

[quote]There were printed rumors about Richard Gasquet and an older married man in France and other countries six or seven years ago. They both denied the rumors.

Arnaud Lagardere was the businessman who denied having an affair with Gasquet.

by Anonymousreply 40711/15/2012

Not sure why, but I've always thought the doping screening program in pro tennis was as rigorous as cycling and track, but apparently it isn't.

This article is about how they are considering adopting a system where players have baseline blood levels established so that random tests can determine any questionable deviations. To me that seems like something that should already have been in place and I'm surprised that it isn't.

They also mention that there have not been as many out-of-competition (OOC) tests done in recent years - this is the issue that Fed and Murray have spoken out on. I hesitate to mention it because I don't like to feed into the steroids vitriol that Serena gets here, but the article mentions both Serena and Li Na as examples of players that didn't have any OOC tests at all in 2010 or 2011.

Since there is no player union (yet) to have to negotiate an agreement with, it seems like the sport should do what they can now to set the standard for screening.

by Anonymousreply 40811/15/2012

To be honest I am a little tired of all the steroids talk now in tennis. They can talk all they want but until they actually institute a stricter system, it means nothing. It's time for ATP and WTA to put up or shut up.

by Anonymousreply 40911/16/2012

It's up to the ITF to administer the drug-testing programme rather than the ATP or WTA, both of whom have pretty much no sway over policy. However, the testing programmes enforced by national sports federations e.g. USTA, DTB, LTA etc, is never taken into account by those claiming tennis has a serious problem. After all, the associations are not bound by law to reveal details of whom has been tested when and where, and the method of test, unless a positive result is given.

by Anonymousreply 41011/17/2012

the ITF has no power over tennis as a whole anymore. This isn't the 1980s. You need an update R409/R410.

The ATP and WTA run their own tours and most pro tournaments, and the ITF's big events are only the Slams, Davis Cup and Fed Cup.

It's not "up to the ITF". And the ATP and WTA more than "have sway" over policy. They ARE policy for every major event but the Slams.

Are you on drugs, R409?

by Anonymousreply 41111/17/2012

[quote] I don't like to feed into the steroids vitriol that Serena gets here, but the article mentions both Serena and Li Na as examples of players that didn't have any OOC tests at all in 2010 or 2011.

In 2011 when the drug testers showed up at Serena's house, she called the police and hid in her panic room. She claimed that she'd mistaken them for burglars.

If the article mentions that she didn't have any OOC tests that year, she presumably didn't submit to being tested then.

by Anonymousreply 41211/17/2012

Serena was also off for about a year don't forget and is infamous for thinking she doesn't need the tour, just the slams.

r412, you're "hilarious" ... and full of it.

by Anonymousreply 41311/17/2012

Go fuck yourself R413. The panic room incident was reported in the press.

by Anonymousreply 41411/17/2012

Whoa. That's fuddup.

Yeah, something don't smell right with Rafa and Serena, among others (Schiavone?). Sadly, I'm afraid they both dope. That would be horrible for tennis, but maybe it's time to call them out.

I note that Federer and Murray have recently gone public for blood testing like cycling. I think they're signalling something's up.

by Anonymousreply 41511/17/2012

The press, R414?

You need help, so here are some starters.

1. TMZ is NOT "the press", anymore than the National Enquirer is, or Yahoo is.

2. TMZ's basis for the panic room claim is "We're told..." That's it, no confirmation. That's gossip, not fact.

3. If you read Yahoo's analysis ... and even TMZ's report ... even they think the drug tester's behavior was bizarre, showing up at 6 a.m. without notice. We have no idea how else they behaved under the circumstances.. even a knock on my door while I'm asleep would jolt me ... but of course you were more interested in your spin.

When TMZ comes off as more balanced than you, it's clear you've got issues.

To blow up with "go fuck yourself" as argument over this, you make Serena's outburst look charming.

by Anonymousreply 41611/17/2012

R416 = Serena's PED supplier

by Anonymousreply 41711/17/2012

Well, perhaps before you act like a snarky cunt you should make sure you get your facts right. The ITF is solely responsible for developing and implementing drug-testing policy and programmes on the tours, NOT the WTA nor the ATP or tournament committees/directors. Neither of these organisations has any mandate to block or veto the ITF on this issue. If they do not cooperate they are taken off the WADA charter immediately. The input from either is pretty much zero; there would be far too much of a vested interest in hiding or ignoring positive tests as they make so much bank from their top stars. However, if an organisation such as a national tennis federation, national sports fed, olympic committee etc wishes to subject the players to further testing they are free to do so.

by Anonymousreply 41811/18/2012

Djokovic imitating Guga. Guga was another one who always pinged for me

by Anonymousreply 41911/19/2012

[R419], it's pretty common knowledge that Guga is gay.

by Anonymousreply 42011/19/2012

r418 you're still wrong.

The ATP and WTA and their Tours have separate legal status. The ITF has no legal authority to imorse drug testing on ATP events. This had nothing whatsoever with a "veto" or "blocking" any voting. You have no idea what you're talking about.

When the ATP got its first drug testing policy even before it became a separate legal entity, it requested the Men's International Pro Tennis Council to develop it. The ATP thereafter acquired separate legal status.

The ITF only has authority over its events - the Slams and a much smaller tour.

Period.

by Anonymousreply 42111/19/2012

Is it really R420? I wonder why he bothered marrying his wife in 2010 then. LOL. It's not as if anyone would care if he remained single in his retirement.

by Anonymousreply 42211/19/2012

Nadal is back to practicing. I wonder if he'll be a factor next year.

by Anonymousreply 42311/24/2012

Nadal needs a good arse shagging

by Anonymousreply 42411/24/2012

Nadal is either asexual or gay. His girlfriend appears to be hired help, even more than Djokovic's girl.

by Anonymousreply 42511/24/2012

I don't get sexual vibes from Nadal lol. He's attractive but I just don't find him sexy except for that ass.

by Anonymousreply 42611/24/2012

[quote]except for that ass

And that makes all the difference.

by Anonymousreply 42711/24/2012

Rafa's giant ass (when he's not picking at it)

by Anonymousreply 42811/24/2012

Wonderful! r428.

by Anonymousreply 42911/24/2012

His ass is what cocks were made for.

by Anonymousreply 43011/24/2012

Fabio Fognini has a hot ass.

by Anonymousreply 43111/24/2012

Nadal has a fabulous ass but can you really imagine him having sex? He's like a child mentally.

by Anonymousreply 43211/24/2012

let's stop talking about Nadal and sex in the same sentence. There are plenty of other hotties to precum over.

If anyone here likes older guys, I've always had a thing for former players, coaches and commentators Brad Gilbert and Roger Rasheed. Every now and then I search for shirtless pics of the buff mature guys but to no avail...

by Anonymousreply 43311/24/2012

Hopefully Rafa is at least bi. It'd be a shame for an ass like that never to entertain a fat dick.

by Anonymousreply 43411/24/2012

I miss Djokovic and his furry chest. I love it when guys dare not to wax.

The offseason is cruel.

by Anonymousreply 43511/25/2012

Is Rafa's hole hairy?

by Anonymousreply 43611/25/2012

The visible parts of Rafa seem hair free, so.

by Anonymousreply 43711/25/2012

[R434] Rafa kinda pings something in my gaydar, so who knows.

[R433] Lord knows Rafa's face isn't the greatest, but how can you look at that perfect streak-free suntan and big perfect ass and not feel at least a little turned on? =p

Zimbio have this cool little 'zoom' button top left of their photos. I mean here you can zoom in on Rafa's naked ass that's already quite close-up.

by Anonymousreply 43812/06/2012

Why had I not seen the rafa ass pics before? Thanks for sharing.

by Anonymousreply 43912/06/2012

[quote]Lord knows Rafa's face isn't the greatest

That will be utterly irrelevant when I'm plowing him doggy style.

by Anonymousreply 44012/06/2012

Tomic belatedly realizes that the McEnroe spoiled-brat bad boy era was over a decade he was born. Even Agassi is calling him on his behavioral problems:

by Anonymousreply 44212/06/2012

[R422] Tomic's a douche. In other words, the sky is blue.

So, onto other players, Stan Wawrinka seems to have a great friendship with Benoit Paire. And here, on the beach with Paire's arm around him it looks like Stan has an erection to be honest. Food for thought.

by Anonymousreply 44312/06/2012

More pictures of Rafa's gorgeous ass, please.

by Anonymousreply 44412/06/2012

[R444] There must be a thread for that already, surely. But OK, once more just for you =p. One of my fave pics on the subject =p

by Anonymousreply 44512/06/2012

I'm curious who we all think is truly gay in tennis. Not "slight possibility" but you actually think he's gay.

My real guesses are Federer and Grigor Dimitrov who they're now trying to pair with Sharapova (after "dating" Serena Williams).

Rafa is a huge possibility but he's so weird and kid-like that it's hard to tell.

Some of the French guys are also strong possibilities.

Don't know about Djokovic.

I would say someone like Andy Murray is a definite no and the straights can keep him.

by Anonymousreply 44612/07/2012

OMG, R445

by Anonymousreply 44712/07/2012

[R446] Truth be told we don't have any hard evidence on anybody sadly - only the odd picture or mannerism here and there.

I agree on Murray, though he seems to go through a woman's menstrual cycle every time he plays a match. And yes, the straights can keep him.

I still have a strong gut instinct on Rafa (a friend of mine with good gaydar agrees too). He does have that 'longterm GF' but she pointed out (and I agree) that once upon a time she watched his matches quite a lot (probably when the business deal was new and they wanted to show everyone that Rafa has a GF) but nowadays I don't think she bothers turning up. Clearly they have no issues being apart.

Novak seems accepting but not gay IMO. Unlike Rafa's GF you can see real love between them. Her reactions during Novak's matches says it all and she seems to attend all the matches she possibly can of his.

Federer actually has the most effeminate mannerisms of all the top players to be honest, but I'm not getting the feeling he's gay. He's just...European.

So of the top players that just leaves Rafa (ie. hottest bottom bitch on the planet) for me =p.

by Anonymousreply 44812/07/2012

Benoit Paire has big puffy nips. I wholeheartedly approve.

by Anonymousreply 44912/07/2012

[446] Totally forgot to RE. on the Frenchies. Seen this pic of Benoit Paire? Takes a very secure or very gay man to boldly wear such fluorescent pink =p.

Then there was also what appeared to be a boner in that Wawrinka pic with him

by Anonymousreply 45012/07/2012

To whoever changed my post on [R448] you've got it totally wrong. I'm gay myself. How is it bigoted to say someone has effeminate mannerisms? Puh-lease.

by Anonymousreply 45112/08/2012

[R451] I don't think anybody changed ur post. A word u used was automatically changed.

by Anonymousreply 45212/08/2012

Yeah Aar (r451), don't sweat it too much because the change to your text wasn't personal.

There are a handful of words that this site censors and is set to autocorrect. As ridiculous as it might seem considering all the ugly and hateful language that is allowed here, the word 'e f f e m i n a t e' is automatically changed to what you see in your post.

There are some long-time posters that say the change originated with a personal issue the webmaster had with a specific troll that was repeatedly using that word, but I haven't been here long enough to have seen any of that.

by Anonymousreply 45312/08/2012

R450, Benoit Paire pings off the charts in that pic but again it's hard to tell if he's "just European" (using R448's words).

I agree that Novak's gf seems into him but who knows how he feels about her. If he is gay he is probably so deep in the closet considering the extremely homophobic views of the majority of his homeland.

I think Rafa's relationship with his girlfriend is completely fake. I wonder if he and his team will forget about the girlfriend completely this year and just not bother.

by Anonymousreply 45412/08/2012

How can anyone's gaydar *not* go off? This performance (especially opening minute or so - note left hand) is something even I could be proud of...

by Anonymousreply 45512/09/2012

[R446] and {R448]: I agree that Murray is definitely straight.

And I want his hot bod for myself!

by Anonymousreply 45612/09/2012

LOL R455, I like your comment about his left hand.

I don't really have an opinion on Roddick's sexuality, but this clip is a perfect example of why I think he's a huge prick. I've tried to like him over the years, but the way he would berate officials and umpires was a douche move. He has a valid complaint in this scenario, but instead of delivering it in a calm, rationale manner, he has to act like a eight-year-old schoolgirl who got her apple juice taken away.

The way everyone deified him when he announced his retirement was ludicrous. A very good player, but greater players than him got fewer accolades upon their retirement.

/rant over

by Anonymousreply 45712/09/2012

s/b "rational" instead of "rationale".

by Anonymousreply 45812/09/2012

Roddick was a very good player and had a career worthy of the Hall of Fame. He came along at an interesting time. In 2002 and 2003, Sampras and Agassi were having their last hurrahs, although Agassi stuck around for a few more years. Nadal, Djokovic, and Murray had not yet emerged. Federer back then was still a bit of a head case. I really thought when Roddick won the U.S. Open in 2003 that it would be the first of many Slams. But then Roger got his mental game together. Once Nadal came along, Roddick was left in the dust to two of the greatest of all time. Roddick also started to play a very passive game compared to when he was younger. I never understood why he wasn't more aggressive. He almost beat Federer at Wimbledon in 2009 by being more aggressive, then abandoned the style again. Still, he was a solid Top Ten player for a decade and he bagged a Slam. That's more than most players can ever hope for.

by Anonymousreply 45912/09/2012

[quote]And I want his hot bod for myself!

You're gonna have to go through ME, Ms Lindt.

by Anonymousreply 46012/09/2012

"That's more than most players can ever hope for."

Hate to be an ass, Rafter, Hewitt and Safin also hoped for something more as well. But at least they each won a second slam. And each player won at the U.S. Open, with Rafter winning twice.

by Anonymousreply 46112/09/2012

R461, that still doesn't change what I wrote. Most players would kill to have a career like Roddick's. Of course there are players with better careers or Slam records, but they also achieved things only other elite players do. Most players don't ever get to that level.

by Anonymousreply 46212/09/2012

r462 - The point was that the send-off Roddick got exceeded that given to better players such as Rafter - who was probably more popular too.

But I agree Roddick had an exceptional career, particularly given that he was not an exceptionally talented player. Gasquet is far more talented and will never achieve a fraction of his results.

by Anonymousreply 46312/09/2012

I saw Rafter play several times at the Australian Open. The whole country stopped what they were doing when Rafter's Melbourne night matches were on TV. So he received plenty of love Down Under.

I guess Roddick can be proud of having one more Grand Slam than Gasquet. But, Gasquest has never come close to realizing his potential...and I am just as frustrated as the French.

by Anonymousreply 46412/10/2012

Roddick had such a sweet ass and legs that wouldn't quit. I'm so gonna miss him =(

[R459] Indeed, the lose of power in Roddick's game was really weird. I look at this vid from 2004 and it really puts it in perspective.

by Anonymousreply 46512/11/2012

r465 - It's not that puzzling. Other players were adjusting to his game and he tried to adapt a higher percentage style of play that relied on less power (apart from his serve). It kept him in the top 5 or 10 for a long time, so I guess it was successful.

[quote]But, Gasquest has never come close to realizing his potential...and I am just as frustrated as the French.

Lots of talent, but never the drive. I do wonder what he could have done with a fraction of Lleyton Hewitt's motivation.

by Anonymousreply 46612/11/2012

Dani V at [R460]: I'd love to take both your and Murray's dicks at the same time!

by Anonymousreply 46712/11/2012

[R465] I see what you're saying but he even abandoned the idea of easy big forehand after a big serve which is an almost foolproof strategy.

Anyway what I'll miss about Roddick was not his game (hated the pushing shit he did towards the end of his career) or personality but this:

Sweetest buns in tennis besides Rafa.

by Anonymousreply 46812/11/2012

Funny - Hewitt says Nadal is his son's favourite player, not him. At least the treacherous little bastard has good taste, haha.

by Anonymousreply 46912/12/2012

I must be the only person who thinking Richard Gasquet is more sexy than Nadal. I always watch at least one of Gasquets' match at the U.S. Open...luckily he usually plays in the Grandstand or Armstrong so I get to see him up close.

by Anonymousreply 47012/13/2012

Dicky Gasket has a fabulous posterior, ITA.

But so does Murray (and the best legs on tour), and he gets nothing but shade....

by Anonymousreply 47112/14/2012

[R471] I'll just speak for myself but I find Murray annoying to watch because he's so rampantly negative. And Raonic has the best legs on tour =p.

by Anonymousreply 47212/14/2012

I like Raonic, but he still needs to put on a little meat and definition for me to think he's hawt...

by Anonymousreply 47312/14/2012

[R473] I know what you mean. I don't find Milos hot in that way, I just think he has great legs =p

BTW am I alone in thinking Tomas Berdych is totally cute?

by Anonymousreply 47412/14/2012

Berdych is stunningly handsome off court with piercing eyes.

Gasquet - nice bum, and really nice guy, but painfully shy. I agree with previous poster that it's his lack of grunt that's stopped him from being as successful as he should have been.

by Anonymousreply 47512/14/2012

I sat next to Gasquet in a restaurant right before the US Open, and he looked so much hotter and beefier up close!

by Anonymousreply 47612/14/2012

Bump

by Anonymousreply 47712/18/2012

Berdych is super hot. Those legs, OMG. Like oak trees.

Simone Bolelli is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 47812/18/2012

[R478] Glad others think so.

God how I miss Soderling. His groundstrokes were incredible. His inside out forehand which he hit with so much angle was one of a kind. If he doesn't come back I'll cry :'(

by Anonymousreply 47912/18/2012

I seldom look at Richard Gasquet's website, but did just now. He's added quite a few photos covering the last four years. They must have just gone up because the date is 12-19-2002. Sadly, none of the pictures show his very nice ass in white shorts.

I agree with R476, Gasquet is much hotter in person than he appears on TV. It may be because he's a little shorter than many other male tennis players. None of that matters when you see Gasquet play a match at the U.S. Open, Indian Wells, etc.

by Anonymousreply 48012/18/2012

Gasquet's new photos do include one of Richard on the ground wrestling with another player at the 2012 Olymics. Nice shot of Gasquet's butt.

by Anonymousreply 48112/18/2012

We're waiting for you to post a link, r481!

by Anonymousreply 48212/18/2012

[R480], Gasquet actually looked taller than the 6'1 height the ATP lists. And he definitely looked heavier/beefier/yummier than the 165 lbs according to the ATP site.

by Anonymousreply 48312/18/2012

Take a look at the 2012 Olympic photos. Gasquet is slightly shorter than the other French players. He is not the first person you notice in the picture. Just my theory of why such a sexy male tennis player is often not written about here.

by Anonymousreply 48412/19/2012

Gasquet in person is not tall at all - about the same height as Simon.

And for (R478), in person Bolelli and Dimitrov are absolutely beautiful. Bolelli has a bit of an attitude but is generally nice, but Dimitrov is wonderful - funny, charming, extremely friendly and co-operative. Which makes the incident in Finland a couple of years ago seem even more bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 48512/19/2012

Gasquet needs a good hole sucking and fucking

by Anonymousreply 48612/19/2012

I miss Marat Safin! The hottest tennis player of all time!!!

by Anonymousreply 48712/21/2012

I dunno, R487. Safin was hawt, for sure, but I think Tommy Haas, Pat Rafter, and Pat Cash were every bit as hot in their prime.

by Anonymousreply 48812/22/2012

[R488], our tastes seem to overlap. Here's my top 5 hottest tennis players of all time:

1. Marat Safin 2. Tommy Haas 3. Jan-Michael Gambill 4. Patrick Rafter 5. Andy Murray (I know the face is kinda bad, but his body is so hot)

by Anonymousreply 48912/22/2012

Brooklyn, you're right. ITA on Murray. I wanna fuck him like a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 49012/22/2012

R488 and R489, has this thread already degenerated to the level of lists of hot players we'd like to fuck? Well, here's mine then: 1) Murray (sideways till next Tuesday, please, and then some more; I like the sneering attitude, what can I say?); 2) Nadal (that arse should NOT be allowed to go to waste); 3) Berdych (that mouth should not be wasted); 4) Volandri (those legs, over my shoulders, NOW); 5) Gasquet (a perfect little sub, with a French accent to boot - what more could you want?).

by Anonymousreply 49112/22/2012

Nice to see Murray get some "love" around here for a change. :-)

I find his sneering and swearing attitude hot too!

by Anonymousreply 49212/22/2012

Yeah, Nadal.

Nobody who loves men could take a pass on that ass.

by Anonymousreply 49312/22/2012

Who's got the best ass? Nadal, Murray or Roddick?

by Anonymousreply 49412/22/2012

[R494] Roddick! Rafa's pretty close though!

by Anonymousreply 49512/22/2012

Rafter had the perfect hairy hole back in the day

by Anonymousreply 49612/22/2012

Best body - Michael Russell

All around hotness - Nicolas Kiefer

by Anonymousreply 49812/22/2012

I did not see Boris Becker in person until a few years after his 1985 & 1986 slam victories. When I finally saw him, he was much more sexy than I expected. I would not say he was extraordinary in any one feature, but the whole package was pretty amazing.

by Anonymousreply 49912/22/2012

Forgot to also mention James Blake (yes, he's still playing lol). Probably in the top 5 most conventionally handsome men on the ATP tour.

by Anonymousreply 50012/23/2012

Nadal has the best ass.

Murray has the best legs.

by Anonymousreply 50112/23/2012

Nicholas Kiefer in action

by Anonymousreply 50212/25/2012

Rafa withdrew from the Aus Open.

ESPN Classic is showing some of the noteworthy matches of 2012 today and right now as I'm watching Rafa vs. Nole at the last Aus Open final, they had the breaking news scroll on the bottom of the screen announcing Nadal is pulling out.

They say it's for a stomach virus (same thing kept him out of that Abu Dhabi exhibition tournament this week) and not related to the knee. But who knows how honest that report out of his camp is?

by Anonymousreply 50312/28/2012

Rafa's withdrawal from the Aussie Open confirmed by ESPN.

In an opinion article, it is suggested that he will not play until the toutnaments leading up to the French Open, all on clay.

by Anonymousreply 50412/28/2012

2013 season has started. I kinda liked Nico Almagro already before (very talented and aggressive player), but now I like him more after I read what he had to say about the possibility of gay players on tour.

by Anonymousreply 50512/31/2012

Way cool of Nico, Aar. I think Rafa has been accepting, too. His reaction at the Open a few years ago when that guy leaped onto court and tried to kiss him was gracious and adorable.

by Anonymousreply 50612/31/2012

That's great of Almagro. R506, I agree about Nadal. Djokovic was great with a guy (teenager really) at the USO this year too.

by Anonymousreply 50712/31/2012

Slight O/T, I'd really love to see Rafa in a porn with this big black dick fucking him =). That would be hot.

by Anonymousreply 50801/02/2013

I want to watch Andy Murray fucking Andy Roddick's ass!

by Anonymousreply 50901/02/2013

Rafa trying to avoid as many drug tests as possible by pulling out of the Aus Open.

by Anonymousreply 51001/02/2013

Wow, Djoker has one hot ass. Watching him playing Tomic in Hopman Cup right now. They are dressed identically (same blue shirt and white shorts)and kind of look alike from a distance. Up close, though, Bernie looks like Nole's retarded little brother. He has the face of a constipated weasel.

by Anonymousreply 51101/02/2013

Did Djoker just seriously lose to Tomic at this Hopman Cup? WTF happened?

by Anonymousreply 51201/02/2013

r510 - They're tested out of competition too, genius.

r512 - Hopman Cup is just a hit & giggle warm up. Probably not significant.

by Anonymousreply 51301/02/2013

Nole's immitation of Guga is great. Love him for his sense of humor and talent both tennis and non tennis related. He is a breath of fresh air. Have always loved Guga and always wondered about him too. But my hopes were dashed recently when I heard he married (a woman) or was about to.

by Anonymousreply 51401/02/2013

R514, Guga is married to a woman but I don't know, there have always been very persistent rumors about him being gay.

Nole's impression of Guga was great. He's eerily good at embodying another person. I like Nole but why on earth has he made himself so bland these days? I feel like he'd be more beloved if he just was himself. I don't know the guy but he always has a devilish look in his eye.

by Anonymousreply 51501/03/2013

I used to like the Australian Open but I've come to dislike it because the Australian media are so insufferable when it comes to hyping their own players. Nole letting Tomic beat him at Hopman Cup will only make things worse *sigh*.

by Anonymousreply 51601/03/2013

Didn't they play that match on New Year's? I wonder if Nole was hungover, no (d)joke. Someone posted a pic on TF of him on New Year's looking very drunk.

The Australian media is bad about that, but the UK's is worse.

by Anonymousreply 51701/03/2013

[R517] Oh my God yes, Wimbledon must be unbearable if you live in the UK and aren't a fan of Murray. It would've been bad when Henman was playing too, but at least Henman is somewhat likeable and had a nice game =p.

by Anonymousreply 51801/03/2013

How soon before Nadal announces his retirement?

I just don't believe this stomach virus thing and think it has more to do with his mental health.

by Anonymousreply 51901/03/2013

Good one to R519's name. I don't believe the stomach virus thing either. I think he has a problem with his knees that isn't really going away and he's afraid to compete on hard court.

I bet he'll show up at the French to dash Nole's dreams again.

by Anonymousreply 52001/03/2013

[517] and Aar,

The USTA/US television/CBS are the worst! They insist on showing live matches of Roddick, Venus, and unheard-of American players on the main courts. At the expense of top-ranked players!

In my opinion, Serena is the only one American who deserves star status. I don't even like her, but I think she's not getting the hype that she deserves in the American press.

by Anonymousreply 52101/03/2013

r519 - He and his whole team were so emotional at his last French Open win, it was obvious he needed it badly. I think if his clay season doesn't start well, it's a possibility. Last season, he also started referring to his advancing age and being worn out in interviews too.

I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled a Bjorn Borg and just walked away. Of course, BB didn't have the pressure of the major sponsors that Nadal has.

by Anonymousreply 52201/03/2013

I think Nadal still wants to equal Federer's slam record. I know he loves to play the humble part, but I never bought into it. He has been chasing Federer all his career, he won't stop now.

by Anonymousreply 52301/03/2013

I think Nadal doesn't want to play tennis anymore.

by Anonymousreply 52401/03/2013

Well, at least we know Djokovic doesn't have a problem posing for pics with gay men. Where is Djoker's hand in this pic?

by Anonymousreply 52501/04/2013

I don't have any evidence, but I think Andy Murray is homophobic.

Of course, self-loathing gay that I am, that turns me on even more.

by Anonymousreply 52601/04/2013

R526, this isn't to your point really, but do you know Murray's father is openly gay?

by Anonymousreply 52701/04/2013

R527, even if Andy Murray's father is gay, which I doubt he is, he's certainly not openly gay. He's been in a relationship with a woman for a while now.

by Anonymousreply 52801/04/2013

(R515), you're right about the blanding out of Nole. It started after the fallout from the US Open the year Roddick called him out for always being injured, blah, blah. He was really affected by all the negative PR he got out of that, and the "make Nole more media-friendly" strategy began, which coincided with getting Benito on board as his PR guy. Nole is a very funny, friendly guy but he always comes across as desperate to be liked.

by Anonymousreply 52901/04/2013

R529, I'm sure you'd have no problem with all the pressure and attention that goes with trying to beat the two most popular players on tour, or to face off against an American in New York. Some people, like McEnroe, were content to be assholes. Most players would probably like to have a crowd to cheer for them at least occasionally, especially at the most daunting moments in a match.

Sure, being an athlete is about being tough, but the crowds at these tournaments are so obsessed with Nadal and Federer, Novak was smart to work on his popularity.

Lendl proved that being a dour East European with a killer game is not enough. These crowds will pick their favorite and turn you into a villain if you play the beloved ones. And when it's just you, in a tough moment, under pressure, having your opponent being the won the crowd cheers for, going nuts over your every mistake, it doesn't leave you a lot of positive energy to be the bad guy and knock out the favorite. When you're down on yourself, the last thing you need is a crowd applauding your collapse, or not being there to encourage you.

Novak put his game together and won fans for that, but by learning how to be diplomatic, to let Roger's disses roll off his back, to laugh with the crowd, get them to want him to rip his shirt off, he has his fans, and plenty of people want the suspense of a competitive match with two players they like.

Now, when he plays Federer or Nadal, the crowd will get behind him just as easily. They want to see the tense 5-setters, and they will pull for him to get them there and just want to see a good match.

So is he desperate, or smart?

by Anonymousreply 53001/04/2013

I love Nole.

He's fun, he's got personality, he's matured into a great competitor, and he's HAWT!

by Anonymousreply 53101/04/2013

R530: The problem is the bland Nole has not really worked. Fan almost always support the other player in matches, not just Nadal & Fed.

by Anonymousreply 53201/04/2013

R530, you make good points but as R532 said, I don't even think it worked. Fans still overwhelmingly support Federer and Nadal. Federer has 12 million likes on FB and Nadal has 11 million. Novak has 2.5 million. I don't begrudge Nole for wanting to be more popular and loved, but I don't think he's doing it right. His interviews sound like PR rehearsals these days and he's ramped up the charity work. Boring.

by Anonymousreply 53301/04/2013

R533, maybe his nationality is the problem? Serbs generally have a bad reputation all over Europe. They have a very dirty past, and they're still guilty of supporting a mass murderer. They think the genocide of innocent muslims were just and they're to this day very homophobic and conservative. 1/3 of Serbians support violence against gays and lesbians, and 60 % disapprove of homosexuality. Then you have the hooligans and the criminal gangs and mafia. The country is a shithole. And I think many people have a hard time supporting Nole because they just can't get past his nationality. I know I can't. I also disagree with his views on Kosovo etc. I don't think he'll ever get as many fans as Nadal or Federer, because of the politics but also because he's not as likable as them.. it just looks like he's trying too hard, almost like it's all fake, a put on, an act.. just to get more fans. It's off putting, and it doesn't work. If anything it just makes more people sick of him.

by Anonymousreply 53401/04/2013

Maybe it is, R534. I don't know how much most people take into account western vs. eastern Europe when deciding whether to like/support someone.

By the by, I probably won't change your mind, but the word is that Djokovic is not homophobic at all, in contrast to most of his countrymen.

by Anonymousreply 53501/04/2013

I'm sure Djokovic is a nice guy, but I have to agree with R534 - Serbia is loathed across the world, and he'll have to work very hard to erase that association with genocide.

by Anonymousreply 53601/04/2013

Do most people still think of that when they think of Djokovic being from Serbia? I assumed most people (who, let's face it, aren't very informed overall) don't really think of Serbia period.

by Anonymousreply 53701/04/2013

Until there is proof otherwise, I think reasonable tennis fans will assume that Novak neither personally killed anyone, nor actively supported genocide.

by Anonymousreply 53801/04/2013

Serbians may be disliked universally, but Belgrade is now a desired tourist destination.

From the NY Times travel section in 2011: 'go now. By the time you start reading that Belgrade is “the New Berlin” or “the next Prague,” this Balkan charmer will surely have lost its slightly gruff but wonderfully un-self-conscious charm.'

In Europe, Belgrade has the reputation as the #1 party city in Eastern Europe. Despite his more recent conservative behavior, Novak might as well sound Viva Belgrade every time he walks on the court. Too bad because I like him far more as a person (from watching him on TV and at the U.S.Open) than Federer or Nadal.

by Anonymousreply 53901/04/2013

The Serbia thing doesn't seem to be a problem for Ana Ivanovic. Crowds love her everywhere even though she's been largely irrelevant since 2008. I don't quite get the feeling that's why he's less popular than Roger or Rafa. I think Roger is more liked because of his 'beautiful' style and Rafa for his apparently higher sex appeal.

But to say Novak is homophobic I think is wrong. He walked a catwalk with another guy in his underwear and let him touch his butt, there's a photo where a guy seems to be looking down his underwear, and he was super-nice to that gay fan at the USO last year.

by Anonymousreply 54001/04/2013

Serbia elected a new president not too long ago. Someone who has, possibly, been part of Serbian paramilitary in the war in Bosnia, and who is a nationalist and denialist. Djokovic is hugely proud of being a Serb. I can see his political views being on the right wing side. He has a more polished 'presentation' than Tipsarevic, but who knows what he's like.

by Anonymousreply 54101/04/2013

I miss Robin Soderling so much =(. That's a guy who's not afraid to say it like it is, and beautiful technique on the serve & groundstrokes too. Still no word on a return =(.

by Anonymousreply 54201/04/2013

R538 must have spent the 90's in his bathtub with a broken hip. I like Djokovic, but I agree with the others that being a Serbian activates wariness and even dislike in others. I think it's naive to assume that some tennis fans aren't reacting to his nationality.

by Anonymousreply 54301/04/2013

Of course, many fans are reacting to Djokovic's nationality, and rightly so. My point was only that Belgrade has become a popular tourist destination. For that matter so is China, a country where millions of its people were killed by the government.

The difference is that Djokovic could speak out against what the Serbs did in the 1990s, but has not on any effective level. A Chinese tennis player isn't even able to speak out against his/her government. Yet we seem to give the Chinese government a pass.

by Anonymousreply 54401/04/2013

That's a good point, R544. No Chinese player is considered suspect over Tiananmen Square.

Let's see some photos of Djokovic butt. This will help us decide whether we are convinced by his PR campaign.

by Anonymousreply 54501/04/2013

R541, Djokovic's family are actually very vocal supporters of the more liberal party in Serbia. I don't know how "liberal" the liberal party over there is, but they definitely aren't right-wingers.

Of course, almost every single Serb, liberal or conservative, is going to say Kosovo is Serbia.

by Anonymousreply 54601/04/2013

Oh, for fuck's sake.

Do you want to here Serena spouting off on slavery, on the evils of drone warfare, or on economic inequality?

Do we require Roger Federer to publicly tar and feather the Swiss for complicity with the Nazis in WWII?

Should Rafa take a public stance on the Basque conflict? Apologize to Mexico?

They're tennis players, you MARY!s. We pay them to play tennis.

by Anonymousreply 54701/05/2013

here = hear. Don't "oh, dear" me.

by Anonymousreply 54801/05/2013

R547 is right. The list could be endless:

Sweden was essentially in the same position as Switzerland during World War II.

Is it surprising that Gasquest has not talked against Vichy's anti-Semitism?

Boris Becker is the best example. He was one of the first major German tennis players to emerge since World War II. He did speak out against German anti-immigrant feeling after reunification, and many Germans were pissed at him. Many non-German agreed with Becker, but wondered why a mere tennis player could know enough to speak about the issue.

by Anonymousreply 54901/05/2013

Could never stand that Boris Becker!

by Anonymousreply 55001/05/2013

"Oh, for fuck's sake."

Eloquently argued, Queen of the MARY. (That fearful post at the end was a nice touch of class.)

by Anonymousreply 55201/05/2013

Can we talk about WTA too? Did anyone see Ivanovic's absolutely dreadful performance in the Hopman Cup today? Anyone have inside info on what her deal is? She can't handle any sort of pressure situation and was literally shaking during the match. I feel bad because she seems so genuinely kind. How did she go from being a slam winner to so fragile?

by Anonymousreply 55301/05/2013

Rapier wit @ R552, do you have any logical argument as to why we should expect tennis players to be statesmen -- or are you content simply to snipe?

by Anonymousreply 55401/05/2013

"Rapier wit @ R552"

I rest my case. I have no quarrel with your assertion. I just find your prose histrionic and vulgar.

by Anonymousreply 55501/05/2013

R555 is right. The 'Mary' is way overplayed these days.

by Anonymousreply 55601/05/2013

[R554]The weird/annoying thing is that Ana's a former slam winner and made 3 slam finals in a year from '07-08 so she has the experience, but that doesn't seem to matter with her...

She's just like Verdasco one of my faves of the men - mentally weak. Nando has/had ADHD, so that's his excuse. I'm not sure what Ana's reason is.

Speaking of which, damn, Nando's looking fitter (physically) than ever this season. If there was any excess weight or bulkiness in the past few seasons it appears to have gone =)

by Anonymousreply 55701/05/2013

[quote]I have no quarrel with your assertion.

Thank you.

To my mind, the expectation that Nole or any other tennis player should be Churchill-lite is absurd. And that expectation was expressed "histrionically" in this thread, so I believe the "MARY" was justified, by your own criterion.

by Anonymousreply 55801/05/2013

I found Switzerland beautiful and boring, but not Zurich. I've always liked the city; it may not equal Belgrade as a 'party' city, but there's a lot going on there. I have not seen enough of the country to say how typical Fed is of the Swiss people. Anyone else have an opinion?

by Anonymousreply 55901/06/2013

Verdasco used to be so hot. I wish he would get rid of the beard and long hair, it doesn't suit him at all.

by Anonymousreply 56001/06/2013

r532 and r533, he can't win with people like you.

I don't think he's bland at all and millions of people agree (as if Facebook "likes" are a measure of anything"). First he's trying too hard - are you saying he's not trying enough?

Novak is actually funnier and has more of a personality than Nadal and Federer combined. The Nadal and Federer fans can't point to anything that explains their fandom - other than that they've won more slams. Give it time.

There may be bias against East Europeans generally as seen as dour, so if anything it's nothing he can do - but the reality is fandom is often irrational and cruel. If you beat the beloved Nadal or Federer you're demonized.

by Anonymousreply 56101/06/2013

Murray beat Dmitrov in Oz.

Damm, if you could put Grigor's head on Andy's body, THAT would be a good cracker!

by Anonymousreply 56201/06/2013

(R561), the problem is not so much with Nole but with the media/fans/players around him. Nole was a breath of fresh air personality-wise on the tour; one that was unfortunately saddled with crazy parents, an asthma problem and a propensity for appearing to bail when the going got tough. However, Federer's active campaigning amongst other players to stop the "inappropriate" impersonations, combined with the negative feedback from the media and public at the US Open, led Nole to stifle his natural personality and become another tennis-bot sprouting the same meaningless PR-speak as most of the players.

I'm one of those who always felt he was trying too hard to be liked, particularly off the court, but I concede that that is perhaps partly due to second-language issues and cultural sensibilities. Azarenka is similar in many ways - she is a lot of fun off-court, but often her humor comes across as a bit forced or contrived. I don't think it's because she necessarily trying too hard - because really i don't think she gives a fuck - but more due to cultural and language factors.

by Anonymousreply 56301/06/2013

R563, Federer wasn't the only one who didn't like Djokovic's impressions. Nadal made it quite clear he wasn't happy with what he was doing in the locker rooms and on court...don't put it all on Fed. Also, Fed had issues with Djokovic's conduct during matches - he tended to give up or quit due to some kind of illness.

Also, he acted a fool at the US Open and the crowd completely turned on him. He had to work the last few years to get the crowds back on his side.

Fed has the right to state his opinion if asked, the other players on the tour have that right as well.

by Anonymousreply 56401/06/2013

[quote]Damm, if you could put Grigor's head on Andy's body, THAT would be a good cracker!

Dmitrov's head on Dimtrov's body works will for me.

by Anonymousreply 56501/06/2013

I see it a classic, and very human, case of Fed forgetting that he was not the most mature person when he first came onto the tennis tour, nothing more, nothing less. Having sad that, I believe Fed owes Joker an apology.

by Anonymousreply 56601/06/2013

[quote]The Nadal and Federer fans can't point to anything that explains their fandom - other than that they've won more slams.

People tend to like athletes that embody qualities they admire in others. For Nadal fans it's his fighting spirit on court and his humble talk off court; for Federer fans is his elegance on court and straightforward (I'd say very European) manner of speaking off court.

I find it very odd that you'd say there is nothing special about Nadal or Federer. They are making tennis history, each with his own unique style of playing. That's plenty for a tennis fan to admire.

by Anonymousreply 56701/06/2013

Speaking of Dimitrov...he's now dating Sharapova. She likes them young, huh? Don't blame her in the least! Get it girl!!

by Anonymousreply 56801/06/2013

Sharapova has pulled 4 years younger boyfriend Sunday January 6, 2013 - 15:37 510 views

The most beautiful tennis player in the world meets Grigor Dimitrov, Bulgaria which was "mixed" with Serena Williams The start of 2013 brings to the fore another couple of sensation in the world of sports! Maria Sharapova loves the Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov, considered the future star of world tennis!

Even if " Beby Fed "as it is nicknamed Dimitrov's four years younger - he is 21 years old, Sharapova 25 - than his new girlfriend, that did not keep to relatively quickly conquer most desirable Russian in world sport .

Even if the performance can not be compared, the two have several points in common: they are under contract with the same company for sports equipment, both are very much in the U.S., in addition to Los Angeles, and, most importantly, both were alone.

Sharapova announced in autumn separation from her fiancé, basketball player Sasha Vujacic Slovenia and by spring Dimitrov ended a relationship with ... Serena Williams! Which has now passed to his former coach, Frenchman Patrick Moratoglou.

The first rumors about a possible relationship between Sharapova and Dimitrov appeared last month in December, when accompanied Bulgarian Maria in Milan at demonstrative tour.

Even if it came and went together, the two always met "by chance" on the street, shopping. Confirming their relationship came yesterday in Australia, where Dimitrov (48th ATP) lost the final of the Brisbane and Mary (2nd WTA) has already started training in Melbourne for the Australian Open.

Journalists there were obtained from several mutual friends, more confirmation of the relationship between the two, and threw the market today "bomb".

Click! Say

Maria Sharapova won last year only Champions Tour, 890.000de dollars, twice the money from Dmitrov tennis throughout 2012! Overall, throughout his career, Sharapova won 23,151,623 dollars and $ 981,344 Dimitrov.

by Anonymousreply 56901/06/2013

Serena, and now MaSha?

Sweet Jesus, Grigor must have meat.

by Anonymousreply 57001/06/2013

R561, I was the person who quoted the Facebook "likes". I know it may sound silly but they do indicate a larger truth about the overwhelming popularity of Nadal and Federer. As for Novak, I personally like him a lot and didn't mean to hate. I just wish he'd let it all hang out like he did years ago rather than be this PR version of himself. I think people detect that he's trying too hard. Basically I agree with R563.

Does Dimitrov ping off the charts for anyone else? He seems obviously gay to me, more than any other male tennis player.

by Anonymousreply 57101/06/2013

[quote]Does Dimitrov ping off the charts for anyone else? He seems obviously gay to me, more than any other male tennis player.

Of course. And if you know how to read between the lines of the modern day version of 'coding' you'll know what the story about dating Masha means.

by Anonymousreply 57201/06/2013

Dating Masha is always a sign of gayness. It's like taking a picture of yourself with a ripe, uncut cock in your mouth, and then releasing it to the media.

by Anonymousreply 57301/06/2013

Grigor also dated Serena BEFORE Sharapova, so what does that mean? And please no racist sentiments...TIA! I also saw pixs of Serena and Grigor together last year.

by Anonymousreply 57401/06/2013

Serena looks like a man. There's your answer.

by Anonymousreply 57501/06/2013

Honestly? I don't think Sasha Vujacic pings.

About a year ago there was a lot of speculation on here about Sharapova's sexuality. There were a couple of people who used to post on these threads who actually had inside gossip, and one of them posted that someone on Djokovic's team told them that he and Sharapova had a fling years ago. This is when they were being spotted at nightclubs together. I think Sharapova could be bi, but I don't know her excuse for dating Dimitrov.

by Anonymousreply 57601/06/2013

R575, Really? Yes, all that tits and ass is very manly(SMH). You have tennis players making fun of her voluptuous body parts - on what planet is that manly? If you have a problem with her face, then say so, but the rest of Serena is FAR from manly.

by Anonymousreply 57701/06/2013

A 21 year old dating a 31 year old woman (Serena) is just kind of uncommon, so it's only natural to wonder what the situation was there (if they even dated at all).

by Anonymousreply 57801/06/2013

I have to agree with R575, R577. Serena and Venus are both very manly - they're aggressive, and they walk like men. Female bodybuilders can still maintain big boobs (usually through surgery), but they're still masculine.

by Anonymousreply 57901/06/2013

Dimitrov "dating" Sharapova--that's pretty much confirmation he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 58001/06/2013

If they are dating, why are there no pictures of them together other than those bizarre ones that seemed staged? The ones where they were in Milan and Dimitrov was eating Sugarpova while walking far behind Maria. Yeah, that seems totally for real.

by Anonymousreply 58101/07/2013

Man in crowd says "we love you Novak" and he blows a kiss lol!

by Anonymousreply 58201/08/2013

R581 people are stupid in the world if they really believe Dimitrov and Sharapova are dating. This could not be a more obvious PR stunt.

by Anonymousreply 58301/08/2013

I really fail to see why there'd even be PR stunts in tennis. It's not like anyone apart from tennis followers (and even then, not all) would give a crap...

by Anonymousreply 58401/09/2013

Isn't a large percentage of the money that tennis players make from companies that sponsor them? If so, it's easy to see the PR value of Sharapova and Dimitrov.

by Anonymousreply 58501/09/2013

No one gives two flying fucks about Dimitriov. He hasn't done anything significant on the ATP tour. When he makes a proper run at a slam then we can talk...so I say bs to the PR push.

by Anonymousreply 58601/09/2013

Sharapova is the highest earning female athlete in the world. It absolutely behooves her to present a hetero image to keep those endorsement dollars flowing in.

by Anonymousreply 58701/09/2013

The pics of Sharapova and Dimitriov look as staged as the ones of Sabatini and Guillermo Perez Roldan.

by Anonymousreply 58801/09/2013

[R586] I think it's clear to see that Dimitrov is a future star. He's good-looking, has a very attractive game and started the year with a final in Brisbane and pushed Murray to 7-6 6-4. He's not very well-known outside tennis circles yet but give it time =)

by Anonymousreply 58901/09/2013

Also in Dimitrov's favor are his complete fluency in English, really outgoing personality and excellent sense of humor. With his great looks and beautiful game, if the ATP can't market this guy effectively, then something is seriously wrong. I've done sponsor events with him and he completely charms everyone in the room.

by Anonymousreply 59001/09/2013

R589, R590, He's been called "Baby Fed" for the last few years, since he style's his game after Federer. Again, that charm is all good, but won't make a difference if you don't have the results to back it up. We'll see how he proceeds in 2013.

by Anonymousreply 59101/10/2013

R582, love that Novak loves his gay (or pretending to be gay) fans. With his body it's a surprise he's not more of a gay icon.

R590, interesting about Dimitrov. Have you done sponsor events with any of the other guys? Any other stories? Also: Did he ping for you?

by Anonymousreply 59201/10/2013

Quite a few guys (R592). Lots of them are not really comfortable in that kind of situation, but make an effort, others are pretty natural and (very few) make it clear they have no interest in being there. That doesn't count the ones that you don't put in that situation to begin with, either because they are just asses or they are in a shitty mood for whatever reason (no, and not having just lost) and would be a waste of space - Verdasco and Troicki immediately spring to mind. It always really helps if you've got an MC who has done his homework and is willing to joke around with players and not ask them the same boring questions they always get asked.

Re. Dimitrov pinging, not especially, but there is an ease about him that's really engaging and he was very touchy-feely with Monfils at one function we did. It would not surprise me one bit if he were gay, and that's not just me wishful thinking - the guy is gorgeous!

by Anonymousreply 59301/10/2013

Is it possible to go one Open season without Tomic causing drama?

by Anonymousreply 59401/10/2013

[R594] I'm already sick of him and his career's barely started. If I'm gonna watch any AO matches I'll make sure the stream has foreign commentary so I don't have to hear about him at all.

by Anonymousreply 59501/10/2013

I am now pretty suspicious Sharapova is a lez. This Dimitrov relationship couldn't be more fake.

by Anonymousreply 59601/10/2013

There have been rumors about Sharapova being a lesbian for years, R596

by Anonymousreply 59701/10/2013

No man is confirmed as gay until i date him, bitches!!

by Anonymousreply 59801/10/2013

R593, Is it possible for you to be more specific by including a few more names, especially the players whom you liked.

by Anonymousreply 59901/10/2013

I agree the Sharapova-Dimitrov thing is a PR stunt, and she is probably lez. However, she's probably just doing it to protect her image & re-affirm her desirability & hotness, and not cover-up her homosexuality.

When Reese Witherspoon got divorced because her husband cheated, she agreed to beard for Jake Gyllenhaal. It was good for her image because JG is popular & good-looking. I don't know if Vujacic violated his contract & actually cheated on Sharapova, but my guess is she's doing for the same reason.

by Anonymousreply 60001/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.