Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

New GLEE Episode 9/13

Whose watching?

by Anonymousreply 60012/02/2012

Naked hunk coming out of the shower is a good start.

by Anonymousreply 109/13/2012

God ... "Call me Maybe" ... ugh.

by Anonymousreply 209/13/2012

Didn't know the new season started. I'll have to catch it next week online.

by Anonymousreply 309/13/2012

"Unique" is a new cast member, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 409/13/2012

Recording while watching Project Runway.

by Anonymousreply 509/13/2012

Whose watching?

by Anonymousreply 609/13/2012

Kate Hudson is drunk, can't sing, can't dance. It's like 'Nine' all over again.

by Anonymousreply 709/13/2012

Who was the naked hunk, R1?

by Anonymousreply 809/13/2012

New cast member with Rachel in New York. In her dorm's co-ed bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 909/13/2012

finally - a great musical number, New York State of Mind by Rachel at Nyada and the new Rachel with the fat lunch lady mom at McKinley.

by Anonymousreply 1009/13/2012

I like Rachel, but it's supposed to be Glee, not the NYADA show. I'm ready for a new cast.

by Anonymousreply 1109/13/2012

Dean Geyer is the naked hunk

by Anonymousreply 1209/13/2012

Is Lauren Zizes coming back?

by Anonymousreply 1309/13/2012

Who played the drunk NYADA dance instructor?

by Anonymousreply 1409/13/2012

R14, please refer to R7

by Anonymousreply 1509/13/2012

The best thing about this show, now and always, is Kurt's dad.

He's fucking awesome. Both the actor and the writing.

by Anonymousreply 1609/13/2012

Not a Kate Hudson fan, but she shines on Glee, like Gynnie.

by Anonymousreply 1709/13/2012

Unique as Pre-Op Precious! I'm loving the new cheerleader bitch!

by Anonymousreply 1809/13/2012

Mercedes lost some weight. Why is she calling herself Unique?

by Anonymousreply 1909/13/2012

Wow, Kate Hudson's abs.

Could Blaine and Kurt have any less chemistry? Darren and Chris look like they can hardly stand to be in the same room.

by Anonymousreply 2009/13/2012

Anyone know where the actual Round Room location is? What a great space!

by Anonymousreply 2109/13/2012

The new Puck Jr. should be the new Rachel. Great voice.

Scene with Kurt and his father was moving.

Show seemed a little off with so many regulars gone or missing. Hope it will pick up more.

by Anonymousreply 2209/13/2012

Where was Trouty Mouth?

by Anonymousreply 2309/13/2012

What they need to do is just spin off the Rachel and Kurt show, and let GLEE focus on High School.

by Anonymousreply 2409/13/2012

How long do we have to put up with Kate Hudson? How many episodes??

by Anonymousreply 2509/13/2012

R23, he was featured rather prominantly. Not sure how you missed him.

by Anonymousreply 2609/13/2012

I miss Dianna Agron.

by Anonymousreply 2709/13/2012

Where was Lauren Zizes?

by Anonymousreply 2809/13/2012

I agree with R24 spinoff the NYC plots to another show and have Glee concentrate on Lima Oh's McKinley Glee Club. The NYC plot bores me to tears already, naked shower hunk or not.

by Anonymousreply 3009/13/2012

Watching now. It's sucks and I don't mean in an enjoyable act performed on a penis when I say sucks.

by Anonymousreply 3109/13/2012

Ooh, what a horrible bitter woman that Kate Hudson character is!

Love Kurt's dad.

by Anonymousreply 3209/13/2012

Forgot to add that the left-over glee club were acting like assholes in the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 3309/13/2012

The bitchy dance teacher who loves to tear down her students... wow, we've NEVER seen that stereotype before!

by Anonymousreply 3409/13/2012

Didn't you see the bitchy teacher has a heart of gold?

It is the liquor talking!

by Anonymousreply 3509/13/2012

any mention of santana, quinn, finn, puck, or mike?

by Anonymousreply 3609/13/2012

I thought Kate was pretty awesome.

by Anonymousreply 3709/13/2012

Like a teacher of first-year dance would get away with that shit.

Like Kate Hudson can actually dance. I haven't seen so many cutaways since Richard Gere in "Chicago."

Isn't Burt now a U.S. Congressman? Why is he still looking and acting like a tire shop owner from Lima, Ohio?

Schue was actually okay this episode.

Why didn't the Glee kids just smack that stupid cheerleader silly? The whole business with the slushies is just bullshit.

Unique is going to get old fast.

I know he's not a DL fave but I can never take my eyes off Darren Criss whenever he's onscreen.

In any school in the world, Chord Overstreet would be the biggest heartthrob around, as shown by his admiring fan club tonight. Let's hope that translates into him getting some action this year.

Gee, didn't miss leaden dullard Finn at all.

by Anonymousreply 3809/13/2012

[quote]Isn't Burt now a U.S. Congressman? Why is he still looking and acting like a tire shop owner from Lima, Ohio?

This is actually a very good question.

by Anonymousreply 3909/13/2012

Missed seeing Blaine's crotch and nice ass.

by Anonymousreply 4009/13/2012

R38 you should have watched Big Brother instead .

by Anonymousreply 4109/13/2012

And couldn't a US Congressman get his son into some decent school besides a Lima community college and working at a coffee shop.

by Anonymousreply 4209/14/2012

I watched a half hour of this mess and had to stop. This show has jumped the shark. It's no longer fun anymore. That opening scene with Rachel and her dance teacher was simply vile. I hated all that shit about the fat lunchroom teacher who turns out to be the girl's mom. It's just mean, mean, mean. What an awful show this has become.

by Anonymousreply 4309/14/2012

[quote]Like Kate Hudson can actually dance. I haven't seen so many cutaways since Richard Gere in "Chicago."

In a lot of the shots all you could see was blonde hair from the back. I wondered if it was actually her.

by Anonymousreply 4409/14/2012

interesting mashup of old and new plots.

Liked guy Dean plays; he moisturizes.

Curt looked, more mature.

Loved the fag and hag reunion.

Love Burt.

Love the Lunch Lady and the NEW rachel.

Miss Naya; the ONLY fierce woman on Glee EVAH!

Puckerman anger redux, old before it started.

by Anonymousreply 4509/14/2012

Blaine's clothes are shrinking tighter and tighter. I think his dryer setting is wrong.

I like Australian Dean Geyer. Liked him in Terra Nova too.

by Anonymousreply 4609/14/2012

I get not liking this silly show for a multitude of reasons but R43 makes no sense. Mary!

And yeah, Kate Hudson did fine in the cliche role but as if I am actually intimidated by her dancing. Puh-leeze.

Darren Criss looked hot in the Call Me Maybe number. Yay for those tight red pants.

Whoever mentioned Kurt/Blaine, I'll just say the same thing I always said. Does any gay men think Kurt and Blaine remind them of any young gay couple they have ever known or seen?! Anyone? Bueller? They are best friends, sexless Ken Dolls, take your pick. Not actual young gay men who are together.

Anyway. I actually thought the opener was decent. That NY dude was fucking hot, the plot flowed well (for Glee). Sure everything was fairly cliche and all the characters who were version 2.0 of old characters were obvious...but I had a decent amount of fun watching it and making fun of it which is what I want of Glee. I'm happy.

by Anonymousreply 4709/14/2012

And yeah, the idea that Burt is supposed to be a US Congressmen seemes to be forgotten by the writers. But honestly in a world of dumb plot lines the idea that this random dude along with an inept highschool teacher can run a successful campaign for a seat in the United States Congress was one of the stupidest ideas this show ever had. They really should have had it be an Ohio congressional seat. It would have been way more believable and wouldn't have affected the plot at all.

by Anonymousreply 4809/14/2012

So how come Puck's brother doesn't get to finish his audition number, but fat lunch lady's daughter gets to complete her audition song?

by Anonymousreply 4909/14/2012

Looks like another season of Tina Blowin-Wang getting the shaft.

by Anonymousreply 5009/14/2012

I think the new girl is pretty wonderful. She seems like a good, honest actress, a leading lady we will actually care about, unlike Rachel.

by Anonymousreply 5209/14/2012

Since it was the season opener, I suppose I rally wanted to like it and overall I did but in retrospect it was such mishmash with plenty of bad scenes. The abusive dance teacher was ridiculous. And she's a drunk! How soon before Rachel straightens her out and helps her remember the joy of dancing on the stage? The further ridiculousness of a teenage crossdresser who is accepted by the school? More Slushees to the face which has become tiring. (Not to mention, I think the abuse had been mentioned and dealt with last season.)

by Anonymousreply 5309/14/2012

I thought it set up the season quite well. Love Jake Puckerman and the lunch lady. "Chicago"-style editing to cover up that Kate Hudson can't dance. Hope this doesn't mean we're seeing the last of Mike O'Malley.

by Anonymousreply 5409/14/2012

So cool that Sue Sylvester had her baby over summer break when she wasn't even showing at graduation last year

by Anonymousreply 5509/14/2012

[quote]I hated all that shit about the fat lunchroom teacher who turns out to be the girl's mom. It's just mean, mean, mean. What an awful show this has become.

No it wasn't. It was teaching the kid fans that everyone deserves to be loved and respected. That's the first thing "Glee" has been and always will be about. They have taken the ferociously bullied, the gay, the Down Syndrome child, the kid in a wheelchair and put faces to them that the audience love.

by Anonymousreply 5709/14/2012

The 'round room' looked like a lecture/rehearsal hall at the Disney Concert Hall in LA.

by Anonymousreply 5809/14/2012

Who's watching? Baby-gays 22 and under.

by Anonymousreply 5909/14/2012

Perhaps the reason that Burt "still looks like an auto shop owner from Ohio" is that ... he is! That is how he campaigned and any attempt to dress up and become "citified" might lead detractors to claim he is "forgetting his roots".

As for Burt not getting Kurt into a better school of helping him land a better job (apart from Kurt not wanting his help), is that again, Burt's detractors could size upon this act of nepotism and run with it.

Wonder if we will ever see or hear from Mercedes, Quinn, Finn, Santana or Mike again

by Anonymousreply 6009/14/2012

Wow. Kate Hudson was on the show? There's a career in the tank...

by Anonymousreply 6109/14/2012

What was the locaton for the dance rehearsal room? It's lovely. And unlikely for a NY school (they wouldn't waste a beatufiful space like that on first-year dance students, they'd be in the basement.) Is it the Harkness mansion?

by Anonymousreply 6209/14/2012

[quote]Does any gay men think Kurt and Blaine remind them of any young gay couple they have ever known or seen?!

True, but none of the couples on Glee seems real. Its "romances" have less heat than Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley.

by Anonymousreply 6309/14/2012

The new bitch cheerleader is ugly.

by Anonymousreply 6409/14/2012

Where are Puck, Finn, Santana, etc.?

by Anonymousreply 6509/14/2012

"And couldn't a US Congressman get his son into some decent school besides a Lima community college and working at a coffee shop."

Kurt wasn't in a decent school or decent job because he was killing time until he could audition for NYADA again.

by Anonymousreply 6609/14/2012

Blaine was a bit too happy in that song to send off his "boyfriend," eh?

by Anonymousreply 6709/14/2012

Sebastian is sharpening his fangs.

by Anonymousreply 6809/14/2012

I so hope Sebastian transfers and joins new New Directions. He can fill the role that Santana left void.

by Anonymousreply 6909/14/2012

Sebastian joining isn't going to happen. For the time being, Gustin said he's not associated with the show.

by Anonymousreply 7009/14/2012

What? I thought Sebastian being a regular this season was a sure thing?

by Anonymousreply 7109/14/2012

Nope. He said he's open to returning, but for the time being, he's not a part of Season Four.

by Anonymousreply 7209/14/2012

Translation: He wouldn't have sex with Ryan Murphy.

by Anonymousreply 7309/14/2012

I wonder what went down for him to turn down the gig as a series regular. He was a virtually unknown actor before he started Glee. What a stupid move.

by Anonymousreply 7509/14/2012

The guy who played Sebastian showed up at The Glee Project season two that finished a couple of weeks ago. I am really kind of stunned right now, though it feels like a total redux of the Troutmouth/Sam situation last season.

by Anonymousreply 7609/14/2012

They know what they have to do.

by Anonymousreply 7709/14/2012

[quote]What they need to do is just spin off the Rachel and Kurt show, and let GLEE focus on High School.

There was going to be a spin-off featuring Rachel, Finn, and Kurt, but Ryan Murphy's feelings got hurt and he pulled the plug!

by Anonymousreply 7809/14/2012

Grant Gustin was definitely NOT offered a contract to be a series regular on Glee regardless of the rumor that it was in the works. Frankly I am not surprised, why would he have been? None of the new additions from last year are regulars this season, they are all guest stars. (Which is funny because the actors who play Mercedes, Puck and Mike are still being paid as regulars even though they will only appear in a handful of episodes)

As to whether he will return as a guest star for a few episodes it is still undecided. The Warblers are returning and Ryan Murphy has been clear that negotiations are still up in the air if Grant Gustin will join them. Not sure what the problem is there but Grant has said he would love to come back.

(As for the jokes about sleeping with Ryan Murphy, please, if that is all it took to secure being a series regular on Glee I can guarantee you all these young up and coming actors would do it in a heartbeat and thank their lucky stars it was that easy to secure such a high profile job)

I hope he does come back, his voice is pretty bland to me but he was a talented actor. It would be hot as hell if him and Darren Criss were to hook up at some point and since Kurt and Blaine will be broken up soon it could actually happen this time around.

by Anonymousreply 7909/14/2012

Maybe this was the space.

by Anonymousreply 8009/14/2012

Is the Irish "leprechaun" still on the show?

by Anonymousreply 8109/14/2012

I find it impossible to believe that NO ONE else in that school is hitting on Blaine, male, or female.

by Anonymousreply 8209/14/2012

For real. Now that Kurt is out of the way, Blaine needs to start hooking up with some closeted, hot jocks (not Karofsky)

He's attractive and masculine, he can get any guy at that school. My bet's on Puck's half brother. Now that would be HOT!

by Anonymousreply 8309/14/2012

Can't take my eyes off Darren Criss. Hope to see a lot more of him this season.

by Anonymousreply 8409/14/2012

It would be great if Darren Criss would get his nose fixed. It's the one flaw that really draws your attention.

by Anonymousreply 8509/14/2012

r84, well duh. His Glee-mates crowned him the new Rachel. He probably celebrated by being the cum bucket for the jocks and one of them will become his new lover which causes friction with the other teammates who don't want to let their new cum bucket go without a fight.

by Anonymousreply 8609/14/2012

[R82] Seriously. I would be ALL OVER Blaine. The boy is GORGEOUS, charming and talented.

by Anonymousreply 8709/15/2012

That Puckerman boy looks like Tom Cruise's kid, doesn't he?

by Anonymousreply 8809/15/2012

"That's a great haircut Mercedes, but I thought you graduated."

This was actually a wretched episode -- none of the singing performances really stood out, the fat lunch lady story was way too preachy, and the Rachel and Kurt story-lines were boring.

by Anonymousreply 8909/15/2012

Is Dot-Marie Jones coming back? And I swore Amber Riley's name was in the principal series regular credits. Is everyone coming back?

by Anonymousreply 9009/15/2012

The Fat Lunch Lady is also too similar to Coach Beiste

by Anonymousreply 9109/15/2012

It was weird the opening credits included Amber Riley but not Dianna Agron. Was Agron able to totally cut ties to the show and the media-whore Ryan Murphy?

by Anonymousreply 9209/15/2012

Is Puck's brother half-black?

by Anonymousreply 9309/15/2012

Oh yes r92, she not only is off the show but in a story I just read, it was said she made it clear she wanted to be off it for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 9409/15/2012

I wish they had made Vanessa Lengies (Sugar) a regular.

by Anonymousreply 9509/15/2012

Dianna Agron's character had no where to go anyway. Finn made his choice, she graduated, and she basically had no story left.

That said, I'm not sure what Amber Riley's story is going to be, if she's still on the show. I love the actress and the character, but... she graduated and unlike Rachel & Kurt, there isn't a story I'm aware of that we viewers care about that would warrant her return. Unless I'm forgetting something.

by Anonymousreply 9609/15/2012

To sum up Kate Hudson's character: she's a nice person deep under the surface but, having become so utterly resentful and bitter over people younger than her achieving the type of success she was unable to get herself, buries her sorrows in endless bottles of gin while pathetically trying to sing along to showtunes, all the while taking out her pent-up anger and resentment on entirely undeserving persons.

In other words, she's DataLounge.

by Anonymousreply 9709/15/2012

[quote]Oh yes [R92], she not only is off the show but in a story I just read, it was said she made it clear she wanted to be off it for a long time.

WRONG R94....

September 14, 2012

Don’t worry, Gleeks – Quinn Fabray is here to stay… for now.

Following a report by Us Weekly claiming Dianna Agron (who plays Quinn on the FOX show) is “unhappy” and has reached an “agreement” with producers to leave “Glee,” a rep for the actress told Access Hollywood the report was “false.”

FOX also said the story was not true.

The 26-year-old actress – whose character graduated from high school and was accepted to Yale last season – was absent at a Season 4 premiere party in Los Angeles on Wednesday and not featured in Thursday’s Season 4 premiere. However, she took to Twitter to say she’ll soon return.

by Anonymousreply 9809/15/2012

R62, I'm pretty sure the NYADA dance studio was a soundstage set. I would assume it'll be getting a lot of use this season. That round-room venue, however, is *way* too upscale for a network-show budget, so I assume that scene was filmed on location. The Disney Center is a good guess as to venue, or possibly one of the rooms at Jazz at Lincoln Center if they filmed all of Whoopi's scenes on location in NYC.

Btw EVERY main actor from last season, except Dianna Agron and Jayma Mays (Miss Pillsbury), is in the opening credits, and Ryan Murphy is on the record stating that we'll see all of them again, but only a handful of the graduates in all 22 episodes (I'll hazard a wild guess that Rachel and Kurt are the only real "regulars" remaining of the graduates). Slight spoiler alert, but Kurt will rather quickly obtain an internship at "Vogue" working under SJP, a plot stolen from too many other TV shows and films to even count ("The Hills," "The City," "Gossip Girl," "Sex and the City," etc.). Also, at least one of the show's major "couples" will break up in the third episode; I'll go with either Blaine/Kurt or Schue/Emma.

One glaring plot flaw: even though there was apparently a near riot to join Glee Club this year, Schue only picked ten people total. Don't they need a minimum of 14 to qualify for Sectionals? (Also, no mention whatsoever of the Irish kid.)

by Anonymousreply 9909/15/2012

[quote]Is everyone coming back?

Yes, everyone is coming back into the show at some point. Ryan Murphy clearly has trouble letting go. He asked the cast if any of them wanted off the show rather than cutting them as he should have. None of them did, though yes Dianna Agron obviously didn't want to be under contract anymore which doesn't surprise me. She will still appear occasionally, but this way she has no obligation.

Amber Riley, Mark Salling (Puck), Harry Shum (Mike) are just going to pop up occasionally. The show isn't actually going to follow them on individual arcs but we will get updates on their progress. And for that little responsibility...they are still cashing those checks every week. Pretty nice of Ryan Murphy but honestly he should not have continued their contract.

And yes, Dot-Marie Jones will also be back. She got an emmy nod and people love her, no way they would cut her from the show.

[quote]Is Puck's brother half-black?

Yeah, they share the same dad but different moms.

by Anonymousreply 10009/15/2012

Don't worry. I've got some new twink meat ready from "The Glee Project".

by Anonymousreply 10109/15/2012

So, is the Irish guy supposed to be back in Ireland?

by Anonymousreply 10209/15/2012

How could Jayma Mays not be in the cast credits when her character and Morrison's are engaged? Didn't he have a moment last season where he was worried that the kids wouldn't come back if they got married in the fall? I know there's not much else to her character at this point, but why would she officially drop to "occasional guest" status (or whatever the other graduates have) before she's even married Will?

by Anonymousreply 10309/15/2012

Being a regular is no guarantee of screentime, even though she is a guest star now she will probably appear just as often as she has in the past. Jessalyn Gilsig (Terri) was a regular for Season 2 but they only used her for 6 episodes.

This way the show doesn't have to pay her when they don't use her and when she isn't needed she can pursue other opportunies.

It was weird that they knocked her back but I am sure it was just either a budgetary issue or Jayma wanted the breathing room from the contract.

by Anonymousreply 10409/15/2012

Damian's not on the show anymore, but Murphy indicated he would guest star on the special Thanksgiving episode.

by Anonymousreply 10509/15/2012

[quote]amian's not on the show anymore, but Murphy indicated he would guest star on the special Thanksgiving episode.

And probably Saint Patrick's Day as well.

by Anonymousreply 10609/15/2012

I really hope the Irish kid doesn't come back. Everyone hated that character, including people in the Glee fandom. There's no reason to bring him back, he was a foreign exchange student. He stayed in the states for one year and went back home. No need to ever hear from him again. He's pointless.

by Anonymousreply 10709/15/2012

Thank you, R107. I was reading through the thread and wondering why posters were wondering about that useless character/actor.

by Anonymousreply 10809/15/2012

r107, he needs to come back as a student teacher!

by Anonymousreply 10909/15/2012

He WON The Glee Project? DIdn't they notice that he couldn't act?

by Anonymousreply 11009/15/2012

Damian has 500,000 people following him on Twitter. Remember that bitches.

by Anonymousreply 11109/15/2012

No, they didn't realize he couldn't act because they didn't bother to test acting ability, just singing and some dancing. That's the fatal flaw of The Glee Project.

by Anonymousreply 11209/15/2012

I miss Mark Salling. I liked his pithy humor. He and Jane Lynch are the best parts of the show.

by Anonymousreply 11309/15/2012

Dot Jones lost the Emmy tonight for Best Guest to Kathy Bates in "Two and A Half Men. That sucks.

by Anonymousreply 11409/15/2012

Watching Kurt's father Burt trying to hold back his tears when he said goodbye was heart-breaking.

I know... MARY!

by Anonymousreply 11509/15/2012

Yeah, I saw that, R114. I was one of the voters in that category. My problem with her submission that it was not funny. And Glee is entered in Comedy series categories. It was difficult to know how to rank her. (You have to rank all the nominees, 1-6) That said, I put Maya Rudolph first. OMG, she was funny. But I can't really argue with Kathy Bates -- she's an amazing actress and has been nominated a ton of times for Emmys and never won before.

by Anonymousreply 11609/15/2012

Kate Hudson is a loser

by Anonymousreply 11709/15/2012

[quote]Yeah, I saw that, [R114]. I was one of the voters in that category. My problem with her submission that it was not funny. And Glee is entered in Comedy series categories. It was difficult to know how to rank her. (You have to rank all the nominees, 1-6) That said, I put Maya Rudolph first. OMG, she was funny. But I can't really argue with Kathy Bates -- she's an amazing actress and has been nominated a ton of times for Emmys and never won before.

Wow, fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 11809/15/2012

How is Dot Marie a guest star? Isn't she on every week?

by Anonymousreply 11909/15/2012

The only reason it's in the comedy category is because it's a Musical. Obviously the Emmy voters are idiots. Chris Colfer won The Golden Globe for the "Rose's Turn" episode but lost the Emmy to the Stepit Faggot performance of Eric Stonestreet in "Modern Family". They gave the Guest Emmy to Neil Patrick Harris in an unexceptional performance of "Glee" over Mike O'Malley. So ridiculous a choice that NPH in his acceptance speech called out O'Malley for giving a performance that changed lives.

by Anonymousreply 12009/15/2012

[quote]How is Dot Marie a guest star? Isn't she on every week?

No, you have to be on a certain amount in the season to considered a regular. She and O'Malley are always in the guest category.

by Anonymousreply 12109/15/2012

[quote]Dot Jones lost the Emmy tonight for Best Guest to Kathy Bates in "Two and A Half Men.

Bates can always put that award where one of her tits used to be.

by Anonymousreply 12209/15/2012

It doesn't matter how many episodes you do to be considered guest performer. It all depends on what kind of contract you're working under. If you're on a guest star contract -- not a series regular -- you're going to be in the guest star category. Dot Jones has always worked on Glee as a guest star.

by Anonymousreply 12309/15/2012

I believe actors technically billed as guest stars can submit themselves in the Best supporting category if they have appeared in a high enough percentage of the season.

Mike O'Malley was a series regular in season 2.

by Anonymousreply 12409/16/2012

I guess Ryan Murphy learned (or was forced to learn thanks to higher ups) to reign himself in regarding his public statements after badmouthing music artists' decisions not to let their songs be used on Glee or casually talking about current and future events regarding the show and the actors.

by Anonymousreply 12509/16/2012

I'm not sure how much Murphy cares about Glee anymore. He spends most of his time talking about American Horror Story and The New Normal.

by Anonymousreply 12609/16/2012

Ryan Murphy does tweet a lot about Glee and he's only been on twitter for about a month.

by Anonymousreply 12709/17/2012

So how bad do we think Britney 2.0 is going to be? The tribute episodes are always a mess.

by Anonymousreply 12809/17/2012

Britney's music sucks and so does the actress who plays Brittany. Not sure why Ryan Murphy pushes her so hard. She can dance but shouldn't sing.

by Anonymousreply 12909/18/2012

Heather Morris is fine when she is used for comedy, she does that well. She is obviously not a singer or a real actor with emotional range.

The most amusing thing about the plotline for last episode was the idea that anybody would seriously believe Brittany could be a contender for lead of New Directions.

And yeah, most of the tribute episodes are pretty weak so we will see.

by Anonymousreply 13009/18/2012

One point of confusion: I thought Rachel and Finn broke up in the season finale as part of his plan to force her to go to New York to pursue her dream at NYADA. (I'm still not sure why he abandoned his plan to go with her to be an actor.)

But in the premiere, they were chatting on the phone and the big "breakup" episode is ahead. What gives?

by Anonymousreply 13209/19/2012

Something's wrong with the lighting and cuts. They've gone too far, it doesn't look authentic anymore.

by Anonymousreply 13309/19/2012

Kurt's hat and hair made him look creepy. The new cheerleaders are shit. And are they going to deal with the fact that Unique in real life would probably have not survived the first week of school? I foresee RM using Blaine as a tool to preach about transphobia and attitudes toward f-emmy guys in the gay community.

The NYC scenes felt way more fresh and interesting. The scenes in the school were for the most part awkward. Love the new girl and her mom though, but the dynamic has already been tackled with Bieste.

by Anonymousreply 13409/19/2012

The new guy who likes Rachel is HOT! Though, I didn't care for the new guy who was rejected, because of his temper.

by Anonymousreply 13509/19/2012

[quote]I miss Dianna Agron

Me too, is she coming back?

by Anonymousreply 13609/19/2012

[quote]It would be great if Darren Criss would get his nose fixed. It's the one flaw that really draws your attention

Your idiocy draws attention.

by Anonymousreply 13709/19/2012

Agron is filming a movie in Europe but plans to guest star on a couple or few episodes. No word on why Ryan Murphy continues to call Amber Riley and Harry Shum Jr. full cast members when they'll only be on a handful of times themselves.

by Anonymousreply 13809/19/2012

Loving the Patti LuPone shout out with kate hudson stopping the show until the man with the cellphone is removed from the theater.

Unique looks like Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 13909/20/2012

tina cohen chang has the perfect voice for britney - weak, no range, no interesting tone.

Brittany is shaving her hair - next she'll be barefoot in some gas station bathroom felching Lord Tubbington

by Anonymousreply 14009/20/2012

nice shout out to Chris Crocker

by Anonymousreply 14109/20/2012

What happened to Amber Riley? She has gained a ton of weight. Saw her on the 4th of July DC concert and she didn't look that heavy.

by Anonymousreply 14209/20/2012

'Glee's' Ryan Murphy: 'I Have a Really Renewed Passion' for the Series

by Anonymousreply 14309/20/2012

I will admit I loved Rachel's 'oops I did it again'.

by Anonymousreply 14409/20/2012

Crazy July?

by Anonymousreply 14509/20/2012

The beginning half was really rushed with songs, then it slowed down a bit and become a real episode.

I enjoyed that silly Blaine/Artie performance, it is absurd how charismatic Darren Criss is.

They are pushing these new kids hard aren't they? I thought they would be slowly integrated but apparently not.

Santana cameo for like 1 second, had to be a nice day at work for Naya.

Also Puck flew back from LA to have a short conversation with his brother at his old highschool? Oh Glee...

That guy playing Brody is absurdly sexy and seriously Rachel your ass got dumped, jump on that. Gguessing him and Cassandra have boned in the past? Seem like those looks between them were purposeful.

by Anonymousreply 14609/20/2012

This is great stuff!

by Anonymousreply 14709/20/2012

The voice-over thing is ANNOYING AS FUCK

by Anonymousreply 14809/20/2012

They really need to dump the Glee Project kids. The drag queen might be interesting if he could sing. The guy with the dreadlocks might not be so annoying if he wasn't supposed to be "religious." I remember seeing his epiphany on GP, when, after the "religious" kid quit and, after seeing how sad the producers were to see him go, dreadlocks kid was like "religious? I can do religious!"

by Anonymousreply 14909/20/2012

God, this week's episode sucked.

by Anonymousreply 15009/20/2012

Sam goes shirtless next week!

by Anonymousreply 15109/21/2012

I don't know why there needed to be another Britney Spears tribute so I went into viewing thus episode with mixed emotions. I can only take Brittany in small doses so an episode of her utter stupidity was difficult to take. There's being naive and then there's being inane and she falls into the latter group. Rachel's dance was some if the least erotic dancing ever. Sorry but Lea is never going to be sexy. (Darren Criss OTOH could sing and dance to anything and it would be compelling.). The newer characters were okay but I'm still unsure about Unique. He crossdresses in school and nothing is said or done about it? Granted, Blaine and Kurt were accepted but in the latter's case it took time and effort.

by Anonymousreply 15209/21/2012

Strange, other than Puck having a brother, this series of Glee isn't as schizophrenic emotionally so far. Meanwhile, The New Normal hasn't found a balance in tone yet.

by Anonymousreply 15409/21/2012

I liked the performance of "3"

by Anonymousreply 15509/21/2012

[quote]Rachel's dance was some if the least erotic dancing ever. Sorry but Lea is never going to be sexy.

I don't know if we are supposed to be thinking Cassandra is wrong but Lea is not a good dancer nor does she do sexy well. Everything Kate Hudson said is true.

[quote]. The drag queen might be interesting if he could sing.

I don't particularly like Alex but he is a very talented singer, not that you can tell when he is singing Call Me Maybe or the autotuned crap of Britney Spears where it was produced so heavily you couldn't even tell the difference between his and Tina's voice.

[quote] He crossdresses in school and nothing is said or done about it?

I say better this way than doing some cheesy melodramatic plotline.

by Anonymousreply 15609/21/2012

I liked the nod to Air-otica from 'All That Jazz' during the Oops number.

by Anonymousreply 15709/21/2012

[quote]What happened to Amber Riley? She has gained a ton of weight. Saw her on the 4th of July DC concert and she didn't look that heavy.

That wasn't Amber Riley. It was Unique, dressed as a woman, complete with tits. I know, I know--they all look alike.

by Anonymousreply 15809/21/2012

Are you sure that's not Amber? So, where is Amber?

by Anonymousreply 15909/21/2012

I love Ambuh!

by Anonymousreply 16009/21/2012

I dont have a problem with Unique dressing up but u are not being realistic if u think that he/she would not be picked on. Keep on the stage.

by Anonymousreply 16109/21/2012

Well, technically Unique was picked on in the first episode when he/she got slushied (Unique's eyes are on fire!).

I don't think I would like Glee if in every single episode certain Glee members get bullied or picked on on a regular basis and all the characters do is just shrug it off (except in that very special episode where it matters for the episode's plot).

by Anonymousreply 16209/21/2012

The dynamics of this show have changed so drastically. It's a weird adjustment because we're so used to seeing the old gang sitting in the choir room. Say what you will about the graduated glee kids, but they had so much chemistry with each other. I'm trying to give these new additions a chance but it just doesn't feel the same anymore. I miss seeing Quinn's queen bitch smirk, Mercedes rolling her eyes, Mike Chang's wide-eyed background glances, Kurt's fabulousness, Santana's quick-witted humor, and Finn's dopiness. All those characteristics made the choir room scenes most enjoyable. The new kids just sit there, not bringing life to their characters.

by Anonymousreply 16309/21/2012

The episode was okay. Don't really follow Brittany or her music so it was meh.

it is true, Lea is not sexy, AT ALL and will never be.

She looks tinier in each episode, my god, she looks ready to fade away.

by Anonymousreply 16409/21/2012

I'm sorry Unigue only works in VERY small does and makes us miss the great Mercedes. They should have given the cute Asian guy a bigger part.

Darren's number always entertains me. Shame he wasn't born in 30s or 40s he would be a big musical movie star....

by Anonymousreply 16509/21/2012

Britney Spears is actually bipolar. To insinuate that she had a breakdown in order to engineer a comeback as Brittany does in this episode is appalling.

by Anonymousreply 16609/21/2012

Lea Michele can be very hot when she doesn't try to be. That try-hard stuff is ... just no.

Rachel Berry is not hot, unless she's eye-sexing Quinn Fabray in a bathroom confrontational scene.

by Anonymousreply 16709/22/2012

Forgot to mention that I was half expecting Rachel to start singing "Cold-Hearted Snake" during her number.

The TVLine recapper said the same thing :)

by Anonymousreply 16809/22/2012

Darren Criss, I hate to say it, is over. A very fast burn, but it was cute while it lasted.

It's apparent that Ryan Murphy pretty much got his way in terms of letting most, if not all, the "graduating" cast members go, as he announced would happen midway through last season. Fox, of course, shit their panties and made him publicly backtrack immediately, but obviously let it go when it actually came down to it. Amber Riley, Diana Agron, and Mark Salling will only be appearing in tiny cameos, and they'll probably be disgruntled enough not to appear at all next season. If Murphy doesn't find a way to integrate Lea Michele, Colfer, and Monteith back into the school this season, don't expect them to return either. This show cannot maintain several disparate locations and storylines. It's too much and too expensive. Fox will see that during this season, and there will be a cast house cleaning.

What should have happened is exactly what Murphy did with AHS when he killed off the entire cast. The graduating cast should have been let go, returning with the new "seniors" and finding new faces. They've essentially done that, but have become bogged down by Fox's demands to keep everyone intact. Lea Michele and Colfer should have accepted the spin off because that actually would have been interesting based on where it's heading right now.. Instead, they'll most likely lose out after they're let go this year.

All of this is happening because of Murphy's terrible public fuckery during last season. He's the Dick Wolf of Fox.

by Anonymousreply 16909/22/2012

R169, all that might be true if the show even lasts after this season. Numbers are down and it's really unlikely that they will go up.

by Anonymousreply 17009/22/2012

Riddle me this: Why did Mr. Shoo only accept two new glee club members after losing at least half a dozen students to graduation? In the first season they needed a minimum of, I think, thirteen members to compete. Now there's maybe seven or eight people in the group.

by Anonymousreply 17109/22/2012

They also added Unique and Dreadlocks and Trouty Mouth came back (and it looks like he has a spectacular shirtless scene next week).

by Anonymousreply 17209/22/2012

Come on, nobody else found that forced, constant, unfunny voice-over annoying as shit? It totally ruined the episode for me. As in, this is the first episode of Glee I actively HATED.

by Anonymousreply 17309/22/2012

Hated the voice over.

I am scratching my head trying to figure out how Darren Criss is over. He's got a movie coming out with Kristin Wiig and seems to have several high profile appearances with Anna Wintour at Fashions Night Out and performing for an Obama fundraiser. Is he A-list? no, but his career is just beginning. He's so compelling on screen and fucking charismatic, he'll land something after Glee's demise. Not sure if he'll act, do music or produce his own stuff. He's a trust fund baby so Darren has the ability to take his time and be choosy. The kid does work his ass off in the business, though.

by Anonymousreply 17409/22/2012

"he'll land something after Glee's demise."

He's already 'landed.' His concerts sell out, his co-starring in the Starkid shows sell out, every benefit he does sells out.

He was ready for post-Glee when he was still pre-Glee.

by Anonymousreply 17509/22/2012

I miss Santana.

by Anonymousreply 17609/23/2012

Will Kurt get a hot boyfriend in NY?

I will bet he won't! Rachel will get all kissy with her new beau, but Kurt will be all alone. Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 17709/23/2012

"Lea Michele and Colfer should have accepted the spin off because that actually would have been interesting"

Unfortunately, FOX bailed on the spin-off offer and essentially forced Murphy to backpeddle and revamp the show after the fans rabid rebellion over losing a large number of their favorite characters from the original cast. Let's face it, with the shitastic writing, it's the characters/actors that the GA actually tunes in to see.

by Anonymousreply 17809/23/2012

With Kurt out of town, maybe Blaine will turn into a cockwhore.

by Anonymousreply 17909/23/2012

Well now that karofsky joined the navy and is on a remote island setting up a new nuclear power he won't be seen. I was hoping he would follow Kirk to NYC and we see them in a romance.

by Anonymousreply 18009/23/2012

That's not how I remember it, R178. Fox wanted the spinoff, but when word of it leaked, Murphy had a hissy fit and refused to be part of it. Fox then punted thinking it would fail without Murphy.

Later, Fox announced Murphy had come up with an innovative and brilliant way to keep the cast intact. (I'm still waiting for the innovative or brilliant way to emerge.)

by Anonymousreply 18109/23/2012

I thought the spin off didn't happen, because Ryan Murphy announced it and I think both Chris and Leah commented that they know nothing about this spin off and were never approached to do it. And Ryan got pissed that they dared to do the same thing he did: Talk to the press. So like a petulent child he killed the spin off and came up with something else to keep him busy (most likely The New Normal). Remember how Anne Hathaway called out Ryan Murphy when her guest stint never came to be even though Ryan Murphy was all exited announcing it, but then never bothered to go into details with Anne and her handlers?

by Anonymousreply 18209/23/2012

Ryan did not announce the spinoff. He had discussed it as an idea but nothing was confirmed. It was leaked and Leah and Chris was asked about it and had to pretend they know nothing. Fox did not like the idea as they do not want glee to lose its stars. The spinoff never went beyond as a possibility.

by Anonymousreply 18309/23/2012

Anne Hathaway kept pushing the idea that she was guest starring from her own camp, I don't remember Ryan ever saying he actually planned to do it. From purely a business perspective I am sure the only thing that actually killed the spin-off was Glee's declining ratings. You can't really sell expanding the franchise when you are hemorrhaging viewers.

[quote]Will Kurt get a hot boyfriend in NY? I will bet he won't!

The problem is also how gay the show can be. I think it would be difficult to give both Kurt and Blaine well developed love interests at the same time because Fox executives wouldn't want gay storylines to overpower the show.

Given that Darren Criss is much more of a sex symbol commodity than Chris Colfer is, given the choice they would probably explore using him for romance plotlines and giving Chris Colfer other storylines.

by Anonymousreply 18409/23/2012

[quote]Well now that karofsky joined the navy and is on a remote island setting up a new nuclear power he won't be seen. I was hoping he would follow Kirk to NYC and we see them in a romance

Perfect for a fleet week Officer and a Gentleman moment when he finds Kurt in Manhattan.

by Anonymousreply 18509/23/2012

Wasn't that one scene Chandler character supposed to move to NYC? He and Curt seemed like twins. Like you never see gay couples like THAT:)

by Anonymousreply 18609/23/2012

You it's not impossible to keep multiple story lines going in series, you know like a soap. Why couldn't Glee just turn into soap with song?

by Anonymousreply 18709/23/2012

R183, if you were truly a Fox employee wouldn't you know that the correct spelling of her name is Lea.

And Fox dug their own grave but not allowing Murphy to move the original cast beyond McKinley. This mish-mash of Lima and New York will not work in the long run. The new cast is not as charasmatic.

It really should be the Rachel-Kurt show. They are the only interesting characters written for personality growth and the show should revolve around that strength.

by Anonymousreply 18809/23/2012

People who find Darren Chris "sexy" puzzle me. He is short, hairy and swarthy - not sexy.

by Anonymousreply 18909/23/2012

Darren screams piano lounge entertainer to me, but not sexy. Or maybe that's just because of the bland preppy goody two shoes character he plays on the show.

by Anonymousreply 19009/23/2012

I like that, R185.

by Anonymousreply 19109/23/2012

Ryan does not run Fox. Having a new show involves many decision makers. Fox does not Want a spinoff. It will only dilute their money maker. Spinoffs rarely work.

by Anonymousreply 19209/23/2012

Darren certainly isn't classically sexy but I just think he exudes a real charisma and "x-factor" that makes him intruiging...and makes me want to rim and fuck him hard.

by Anonymousreply 19309/23/2012

The new cast members have dead eyes. They can sing, but have no spark.

I love the NYC show: Two women who can't dance at all competitively showing off their dancing to each other.

I had trouble finishing the last episode.

I'm going to delete it from my DVR.

It was fun for a while, but I'm bored by it now. Even Britney S. Pears has gone from fun stupid to stupid stupid.

by Anonymousreply 19409/23/2012

This week was the first time I wondered if I was done with Glee.

Not yet, but if they have any more episodes like that stinker, I certainly will be.

by Anonymousreply 19509/23/2012

R194, I've always thought Brittany was annoying as hell. Nobody is that stupid.

by Anonymousreply 19609/23/2012

Agree R193. And the preppy thing just makes him that much more desirable to me. Someone you'd bring home to momma.

I find it so when he's on screen he commands the screen and you can't look away from him. Incredibly charismatic.

by Anonymousreply 19709/23/2012

Caught up on the episodes. I think it's slightly improved from last season, but still a bit rough and patchwork.

I actually like that they've split focus between NYC and high school, because let's be honest, after three seasons how many original storylines can you come up with about a high school in Ohio? They're already going over old stuff with love triangles, people quitting the group, people joining the group at the drop of a hat, etc. So the possibility of something different is nice, and I've been liking Kate Hudson's character, even if she is a cliche.

The new cast is fine, though their characters and storylines are a blatant copy of the first season - the talented but insecure unpopular girl dreams of being with the hunky dreamboat, but his attention is caught by the popular bitchy cheerleader, which gives plenty of opportunities for talented unpopular girl to pine away and sing about all those... feelings.

This is random, but I think Chris Colfer looks really good this season - his face is getting a bit more defined and angular, and the new hair and highlights work for him somehow.

by Anonymousreply 19809/23/2012

Max Adler had said that he would have liked to return to Glee in any capacity but TPTB never contacted him about returning.

by Anonymousreply 19909/23/2012

Who should take Blaine's cherry?

by Anonymousreply 20009/23/2012

[quote]Who should take Blaine's cherry?

Miss Pillsbury with a dildo in the choir room!

by Anonymousreply 20109/23/2012

I'll volunteer to take Blaine's cherry

by Anonymousreply 20209/23/2012

[quote]Max Adler had said that he would have liked to return to Glee in any capacity but TPTB never contacted him about returning.

Sad. He's always been one of my favorite characters.

by Anonymousreply 20309/23/2012

No comments in the latest episode?

by Anonymousreply 20409/27/2012

How was SJP in the role? I DVR'd but won't watch it til the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 20509/27/2012

Max Adler was in Last Resort this evening. Nice to see him.

by Anonymousreply 20609/27/2012

Heather Morris just cannot sing.

by Anonymousreply 20709/27/2012

TVLine reports that Max Adler will not return. I do like the idea of him meeting Kurt in NY and rekindle their romance.

SJP actually sang and played a insecure fashion editor who used to design clothes.

Next week is the breakup episode.

by Anonymousreply 20809/28/2012

I don't think I could bare the break-up episode, I just won't be able to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 20909/28/2012

Enjoyed Darren Criss singing "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" but that was about it. It seemed like a pure filler episode, just setting things into motion for future episodes. Who didn't see the ending coming when Rachel answered the door?

by Anonymousreply 21009/28/2012

The show is so dumb now, it's like Brittany writes it.

I was rolling my eyes at Kurt the magic fashion elf. Within moments of meeting "fashion icon" SJP she's pouring out her heart and insecurities to him, and telling him what a genius he is. I guess this is payback for the fans who whined all last season about Kurt failing at everything.

The only consolation was Blaine and Sam interacting, and sparking a hundred masturbatory fantasies for me.

by Anonymousreply 21109/28/2012

There's a reason SJP's musical career ended with "Annie," and it was evident tonight when she opened her mouth to sing. Incredibly weak and such a cliche song. She also looked very haggard and unattractive. Did she piss off the cameraman?

So much time-wasting bullshit tonight between the student council election and the blue ribbon panel stuff. Who cares about any of that?

Aside from Darren Criss, the best part of the show was Britney not remembering she dated Artie. THAT took the wind out of his pompous little sails.

by Anonymousreply 21209/28/2012

I thought Kurt already took Blaine's cherry. Are they breaking up? Is Finn coming back?

by Anonymousreply 21309/28/2012

SJP did ONCE UPON A MATTRESS and was a replacement Rosemary in HOW TO SUCCEED opposite her husband... but you are correct, small, weak voice. I saw her play Princess Winifred and it was painful.

by Anonymousreply 21409/28/2012

Sad. I loved this show, now it is just unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 21509/28/2012

all exposition and shitty songs poorly sang - no character development or attempt to engage the audience into empathizing with anyone!

the writing is shit, it is all shit.

by Anonymousreply 21609/28/2012

"poorly sang"? oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 21709/28/2012

So, if Shue is going away for months, will Sue take over the glee club? Coach? Principal Figgins? Brittany? Will anarchy rule?

by Anonymousreply 21809/28/2012

Gee, I wonder where Will is going to go away to. Could it be . . . New York?

by Anonymousreply 21909/28/2012

I believe spoilers say Finn is going to take over the Glee club for a while, to give the character something to do.

This episode was alright, nothing amazing but I was entertained enough while watching. I don't understand why Brittany is singing so much, everyone knows Heather Morris doesn't have a great voice.

I've some complaining about the Sam/Blaine conversation at the end but I thought it was a nice honest conversation. As a gay guy who "passes" it is easier making friendships with straight guys which is something that I know gay guys like "Kurt" struggle with. Not saying it is fair but nice of the show to be realistic and acknowledge the difference there.

Because it can't be said enough, Brody is ridiculously hot. When Rachel was talking about all the girls wanting to date him I was thinking..what about the guys? Please realistically a good 30-40% of the guys at a musical theater program would be gay and god knows Brody would be fending off attention from both sexes. Still not really an interesting character and no real reason why he is so into Rachel.

by Anonymousreply 22009/28/2012

I thought it was stated that the blue ribbon committee was taking place in Washington, DC as part of funding for high school activities.

by Anonymousreply 22109/28/2012

How will Finn take over if he's in the army?

by Anonymousreply 22209/28/2012

Brody's interest in Rachel borders on a fetish.

by Anonymousreply 22309/28/2012

It would be great if Brody was a stalker and Kurt comes home one day to find Rachel's dead body stuffed inside a ventilation duct.

by Anonymousreply 22409/28/2012

Last night's episode was painful. First, Finn showing up at the door at the end could be seen from a mile away. Second, every single thing having to do with SJP was awful. The idea that any boss would be THAT nice and THAT forthcoming about her insecurities with an employee she'd just met is ridiculous. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop and us to find out she was really a dragon lady. But, no, she's just a gracious and wonderful human being who doesn't even mind when Kurt sneaks friends in after hours. Sure. Also, the idea of Kurt even getting that internship is absurd. You can't even get an internship if you're not in school these days and no way would a place like Vogue hire a kid who flat out admitted his ultimate ambition isn't even to work in fashion.

by Anonymousreply 22509/28/2012

[quote]The idea that any boss would be THAT nice and THAT forthcoming about her insecurities with an employee she'd just met is ridiculous.

It's an Ohio thing.

by Anonymousreply 22609/28/2012

Agree with R225. The next plot development will be Kurt running that department and sleeping with Brody. No more ridulous that what happened last night.

by Anonymousreply 22709/28/2012

[quote]Sad. I loved this show, now it is just unwatchable.

But you will Dear and you'll return to bitch once again.

by Anonymousreply 22809/28/2012

[quote]Second, every single thing having to do with SJP was awful.

Was that part where Kurt and Rachel sneaked into the Vogue fashion vault/closet with SJP supposed to be homage to Sex and the City? I was waiting for Ron Rifkin to pop out in his Versace underwear.

by Anonymousreply 22909/28/2012

r225, thank you Ms. Suarez.

by Anonymousreply 23009/28/2012

I find the NYC story line better than the glee club stuff. At least it is different. I wonder if it will overtake the show and we see 15 minutes of glee club and the rest NYC

by Anonymousreply 23109/28/2012

The reason the NY stuff is better is because the remaining McKinley students are mostly newbies or people the show has never bothered to fully develop. I mean, Tina has been there since the pilot and is still playing second fiddle to guest stars like Unique and Puck's brother. Even the lunch lady has gotten more screen time this season than she has.

by Anonymousreply 23209/28/2012

Did Brittany purposely lose the election and if so, why?

by Anonymousreply 23309/28/2012

Sweet interaction between Sue and Becky.

by Anonymousreply 23409/29/2012

Why do you people come here and bitch and act like "Glee" is a documentary? People break out in song. The entire Glee Club consisting of outcasts all got laid before graduation, including the gay guy and kid in a wheelchair. "Glee" has a life changing message that the tortured and downtrodden youth today can believe in themselves wrapped in a bright colorful musical package. Sit back and just enjoy the ride.

by Anonymousreply 23509/29/2012

It is weird when bitch about the unrealism of Kurt's internship, umm, one of the very first plotlines of Glee was a women faking a pregnancy to her husband. There are many things to bitch about Glee but it has always existed in a hyper-reality.

by Anonymousreply 23609/29/2012

Agreed R236. The whole show is a fantasy that does not take its characters seriously, so what difference does it make that particular aspects is unrealistic?

by Anonymousreply 23709/29/2012

There is a line between hyper-reality and ludicrous. There is also a line between silly fun and asinine. There is winking at the audience and there is treating the audience like a bunch of idiots who aren't capable of remembering what happened from week to week. And in any genre characters should have some sort of internal consistency. Anything else, regardless genre or intent, is just plain, bad writing. Glee is badly written. Very badly. Glee has excellent, snide, funny moments. The musical numbers can be clever. The production values are good and the kids are appealing. But, looked at as a whole, it is a terrible, embarrassing and stupid program. I find this all the more frustrating because it can and should be a brilliant, engaging, enlightening and fun program. All the pieces are there - they are just being horribly assembled.

by Anonymousreply 23809/29/2012

You're right. They treat the show as if it were solely wrapping for the songs.

by Anonymousreply 23909/29/2012

I like Sarah Jessica Parker's guest appearance. It was like a total fairy dust dream with her being so nice, approachable, and a bit lost. Fairy godmother indeed.

I so wanted for Sam and Blaine to make out in the make over montage. Too bad Sam's crushing on Britney who will most likely forget that she's in a lesbian relationship and hook up with him.

This scripted drama show could also be considered science fiction, because it doesn't bow down to many common (sense) laws.

In the real world I would have found Sam's approval spreech for Blaine condescending (you're a good gay I can play with, aren't you, aren't you? here is a cookie, who's a good gay? you are, yes, you are! *Sam patting Blaine on his head like he's a dog*). In real life people click and connect with each other based on common interest and chemistry. On the show the audience have to take for granted that Sam and Blaine are good pals based on ... what exactly? Doesn't really matter though, that's how Glee works: Visual appeal with not much sense behind it.

Shows like Glee you either like or hate depending on whether you go along for the ride or you turn it into a frustrating torture by dragging common sense into it.

by Anonymousreply 24009/29/2012

Re Sam and Blaine. I think it was Sam saying that he had more in common with Blaine than with Kurt. And, to be honest -- and I'll probably be criticized as self-loathing -- if it were the real world, I think I would too.

by Anonymousreply 24109/29/2012

[quote]But, looked at as a whole, it is a terrible, embarrassing and stupid program.

You're a bore.

by Anonymousreply 24209/29/2012

I saw this week's episode but missed last week's. How did Kurt and Rachel get that apartment they're living in in Brooklyn? Of course it's way too big for anything they could possibly afford (and appears to already be fully furnished as well, unless they rented it that way). How was it explained that they're paying for it? Certainly not on the measly salary Kurt would be drawing as an intern at a magazine. And does Rachel even have a job?

All those questions aside, I actually agree with those who say the NYC storyline is more interesting than the McKinley storyline and frankly think they should just make the whole show now about Kurt and Rachel in NYC. The kids back in the school just drag it down now.

by Anonymousreply 24309/29/2012

R230, Betty was hired by Daniel's father, because Daniel had a habit of sleeping with his secretaries. In the real world she would have been shown the door at Meade.

by Anonymousreply 24409/30/2012

Is Sebastian returning?

by Anonymousreply 24509/30/2012

That does it! I'm having a shame-Triscuit!

by Anonymousreply 24609/30/2012

by Anonymousreply 24709/30/2012

The "Anti Chris Colfer Troll" on the Glee IMDB board is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 24809/30/2012

Probably the best thing about this episode was the seeds of split being sown between Kurt and Blaine... signaled not just by the Skype thing where Blaine was realizing that Kurt was only into himself... but Blaine losing the bow-tie.

by Anonymousreply 24909/30/2012

I hope that Blaine finally breaks up with Kurt. The final nail in the coffin should have been when he discovered Kurt was texting another guy in the "Whitney" episode. Blaine can do so much better.

by Anonymousreply 25009/30/2012

[quote]There's a reason SJP's musical career ended with "Annie," and it was evident tonight when she opened her mouth to sing. Incredibly weak and such a cliche song. She also looked very haggard and unattractive. Did she piss off the cameraman?

SJP also had those Madonna arms. I believe that Heather Morris will be the lead singer for Glee, replacing Rachel.

by Anonymousreply 25109/30/2012

[quote]Is Sebastian returning?

Yes, supposedly Blaine's new boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 25209/30/2012

Nope, no Sebastian. Currently Grant Gustin isn't associated with season four. He said he'd be open to returning, but no one has contacted him about it.

by Anonymousreply 25309/30/2012

That is just speculation R252, it is still unknown if Sebastian will be back, much less if he will hook up with Blaine.

[quote]I saw this week's episode but missed last week's. How did Kurt and Rachel get that apartment they're living in in Brooklyn?

They mentioned they are in Bushwick and that the rent was 1800. That rent is believeable but the space would definitely not be that large, their apt it huge. Not word on how they are paying for it, presumably Kurt's Dad and Rachel's Dads send them money.

The next episode is apparently titled the break-up and honestly it is time. Kurt and Blaine have been together for a long ass time, time to split them apart and give the actors other things(and guys) to do.

by Anonymousreply 25409/30/2012

And of course Rachael and Finn need to break up as well.

by Anonymousreply 25509/30/2012

Agree with R241, Kurt is now a complete stereotype of a gay man who is totally involved with himself...even Rachel is just there to comfirm how great he is. Blaine is a distant figure. It's understandable because Kurt is starting his successful new life in New York, but it's surprising at how easy it has been for him.

by Anonymousreply 25609/30/2012

Twitter does say that Sebastian is returning .

by Anonymousreply 25709/30/2012

In the throwaway lines, in the jokes, this epsiode of Glee was great. From hate-watching Treme to the end there were good lines all around. I'd forgotten about the Scarlet Fever fellow. Kurt needs humanizing, but really Colfer works best with characters he has chemistry with like Rachel and Burt. He no longer has any chemistry with Criss. I think the Glee Project winner will be Blaine's new BF.

by Anonymousreply 25809/30/2012

[quote]I think the Glee Project winner will be Blaine's new BF

No way.

by Anonymousreply 25909/30/2012

[quote]I think the Glee Project winner will be Blaine's new BF.

That's my guess too. I think his character is going to be gay(er) Finn.

by Anonymousreply 26009/30/2012

I haven't every episode but was 9/27 the worst in history? Darren can do no wrong but poor Heather ( who I also like) didn't look very good.

Whoever made the decision to get rid of so many members of the great cast must be insane...

by Anonymousreply 26110/01/2012

I want to have a sword fight with Blaine in Trouty's mouth.

by Anonymousreply 26210/03/2012

On Thursday, Blaine jets to NY to breakup with Kurt.

Listen to this acoustic version of Teen Age Dream that Blaine sings at a NY cabaret. Heartbreaking!

by Anonymousreply 26310/03/2012

R243, they gave two completely different explanations on how they could afford that apartment. Last week it was 45 minutes from Manhattan and only accessible via the J train. This week it's in Bushwick, which is hipster central and only 15 minutes from Manhattan. Just one of an endless series of continuity errors on this show. Also, Rachel does not have a job, presumably because her studies at NYADA consume all her time. (I would assume her two dads either saved up a healthy college fund to pay for her schooling, or she's taken out loans, like most students.) I have no idea about how Kurt pays his expenses; a Vogue internship would be unpaid, and Kurt's dad ain't exactly rich.

Btw it's already been stated that "The Break-up" could involve any one of three relationships: Finn/Rachel, Blaine/Kurt or Schue/Emma. Personally, I'd say Finn/Rachel is certain, Blaine/Kurt is probable and even Schue/Emma is possible, particularly since Jayma Mays isn't in the main cast this year.

R258, the awesome throwaway lines are undoubtedly thanks to Ian Brennan, who remains the show's best writer. He's their go-to on Sue-heavy episodes, but his writing role (along with Brad Falchuk's and Murphy's) was drastically cut back starting last season as they added a stable of staff writers (whereas nearly all the early episodes were penned either by Brennan, Falchuk or Murphy).

Finally, I agree that this whole business of keeping the entire original cast intact, at least in the credits, is just stupid. We're really supposed to believe Puck flew all the way in from L.A. for a THREE-MINUTE pep talk with his brother?! Also, I think we've seen Santana for all of 15 seconds thus far, and no sign whatsoever of Mercedes or Mike. I don't mind the dual McKinley/NYC focus, but they need to cut the dead weight of the graduated cast members aside from Kurt and Rachel. I actually *like* the new people, particularly the hottie Rachel's obviously ending up with (who is a vastly better actor than Cory Monteith as well as a much more interesting character).

P.S. Am I the only one who's noticed that the wonderful Joe Keenan is now a producer on the show? He was one of the best writers "Frasier" ever had, and hopefully can do something to keep "Glee" from becoming any more of a train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 26410/03/2012

I thought I rememered Kurt's dad saying something like there was enough money for him to survive in New York for three months when he dropped him at the airport. But then I also thought he and Rachel said they were each paying $1900 a month, not total.

And didn't Shoo and Emma already get married? I watch regularly but can't keep track of all the plotholes.

by Anonymousreply 26510/03/2012

I think they were going to and then pushed it back? I'm like you, I've seen every episode, but there's so much stuff going on, it's hard to remember.

by Anonymousreply 26610/03/2012

I like Santana but the show doesn't need her. I agree that they should dump her, Mike, Puck, Mercedes, and Finn. The only grads featured should be Rachel and Kurt.

I realize it's a pipe dream, but I'd also love to see Shue and Sue disappear. I used to love Sue but there's nothing for her to do except suck up valuable air time.

by Anonymousreply 26710/03/2012

I agree R267, Jane Lynch and Matthew Morrison are both really talented but honestly the show doesn't know what to do with them. They are only still around because the show needs adult teacher characters but they are being wasted.

So it is already being reported they cast a new lead Warbler dude who is straight, but Sebastian will be back among the Warblers and have some interaction with Blaine. Doubt we are going to get any Grant/Darren action or any other Blaine hook up for a while because apparently (BIG spoilers if you actually care about this damn show) Blaine has sex with a dude from the internet and that leads to him and Kurt breaking up.

by Anonymousreply 26810/03/2012

I'm not updated on spoilers or anything, but I was hoping that the reason for Kurt and Blaine's break up would be Blaine cheating with Sebastian.

by Anonymousreply 26910/03/2012

I was hoping that their breakup was because Kurt has a new life in New York City and Blaine is still so high school.

The show is a bit schizo right now, with the two storylines going at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 27010/03/2012

I was hoping the cause of the break-up would be due to Blaine getting caught sucking off Mr. Shue for glee club solos.

by Anonymousreply 27110/03/2012

The script was supposedly leaked, and in the script the character is RANDOM GUY BLAINE'S AGE. And he asks if Blaine's upset that he doesn't look like his profile picture.

So assuming that was legitimate, not Sebastian, or anyone else we know.

by Anonymousreply 27210/03/2012

Can't wait for tonight's episode

by Anonymousreply 27310/04/2012

Finn sucked the air right out of the promos.

by Anonymousreply 27410/04/2012

And Blaine lights up the screen.

by Anonymousreply 27510/04/2012

OMG, I'm frickin crying right now...this is extremely painful to watch. Poor Kurt!

by Anonymousreply 27610/04/2012

The "Teenage Dream" song is so moving, this is bringing me back to when my boyfriend broke up with me.

by Anonymousreply 27710/04/2012

This guy is ten times better than Finn in so many ways!

by Anonymousreply 27810/04/2012

Who was Blaine with? How did I miss that?

by Anonymousreply 27910/04/2012

R279 it was just a text message. Nothing else was shown.

by Anonymousreply 28010/04/2012

Bushwick is not hipster central. My sister lived there and moved to Crown Heights after too many close encounters with drug/gun violence. She had two roommates in a decent-sized apartment and paid $850/month in rent.

by Anonymousreply 28110/04/2012

Chris Colfer is looking good

by Anonymousreply 28210/04/2012

Why did he say it was a hook up?

by Anonymousreply 28310/04/2012

I think they did hook up leading to him telling Kurt he cheated but they didn't show anything but a text during "Barely Breathing" from the hook up (Eli C) that said "Hey Sexy do you want come over?". Then Blaine flew to NYC.

by Anonymousreply 28410/04/2012

Lesbian drama coming up....

by Anonymousreply 28510/04/2012

Oh my GAWD...

by Anonymousreply 28610/04/2012

"Whose watching?"

I haven't had a chance to read the entire thread, so just in case someone hasn't already said this: Oh dear!

by Anonymousreply 28710/04/2012

Great song Santana and a great scene between the two.

by Anonymousreply 28810/04/2012

Does T. Swift write her own songs? I've noticed that her music actually has lyrics more complex than the typical pop song.

by Anonymousreply 28910/04/2012

plane tickets from Glee town to NYC are apparently cheap? 4 trips so far tonight.

by Anonymousreply 29010/04/2012

Blaine's got cash - his room was nicely decorated and "rich", went to an "exclusive" private school and his brother is Matt Bomer. He can afford a ticket to NYC.

by Anonymousreply 29110/04/2012

Apparently I called it: *everyone* broke up (though I didn't see Brittany/Santana coming). The Schue/Emma thing was just fucking RETARDED -- they broke up after ONE FIGHT?! And why on EARTH would Schue have any interest in going to D.C. for months when the Glee Club is the end-all focus of his being? (and they have the fall musical coming up!)

Anyway, although this would *seem* like the perfect way to write out Finn and Emma, from the previews they're not only *not* gone, but Finn is directing "Grease," which somehow has Mike in it even though he's in college (and there are no Asian characters in the musical). This show has moved past train-wreck stage and is approaching Hiroshima proportions...

by Anonymousreply 29210/04/2012

I don't know if I'm ready for Blaine and Kurt to break up, yet. But I supposes what's going to happen is they'll break up, Blaine will find someone else, Kurt will realize he won't do any better than Blaine and the season will end with high emotional drama with Kurt and Blaine getting back together.

by Anonymousreply 29310/04/2012

R292, love your post. Did yoU MEAN the "pun" about no Asian characters in "Grease"/show ("Glee") approaching Hiroshima proportions???

by Anonymousreply 29410/04/2012

I love the song "Barely Breathing"...

by Anonymousreply 29510/04/2012

I'm long past ready for Blaine and Kurt to break up.

by Anonymousreply 29610/04/2012

I have to say, if you ignore the continuity problems and the contrived stuff with Mr Shue, it was the best GLEE episode in a while. Certainly the best use of music.

by Anonymousreply 29710/04/2012

wow, I loved Teenage Dream a few years ago when it was Kurt falling in love with Blaine. As a breakup song it was so poignant. Wow.

Nicely done.

by Anonymousreply 29810/04/2012

So... what needs to happen (and won't) is that Kurt and Rachel should have their own show, a spin off in NYC. Santana should join mid-season as she moves to NYC. Mike Chang too.

Flin's character should only appear as a guest star when Kurt goes home, or has is family visit him in NYC. He shoudln't appear on Glee any more. No cross-overs between the two shows.

Kurt/Blaine should stay broken up.

When Blaine graduates, he's character is just gone. Much as I love the character and the actor, I just don't see a place for him after this year anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 29910/05/2012

R298 Darren Criss arranged the song and played the piano on the arrangement. Agree it was poignant in this context and nicely done.

by Anonymousreply 30110/05/2012

I felt so bad for Britney and it was good to see her showing how much she loves Santana. It would be nice to see them move to NYC together.

by Anonymousreply 30210/05/2012

This ep reminded me of how good Chris Colfer really is. His breakup was the most affecting.

by Anonymousreply 30310/05/2012

Ok I think I have a crush on Blaine, hes so great.

The scence wheres he tells Kurt of his infidelty brought back memories, been the victim of that and almost word for word the same scenario LOL

When Blaine sang his song I wanted to reach through the TV and hug him

i think it would be much hotter if he hooked up with Sebastien

by Anonymousreply 30410/05/2012

Even teenagers who are in hot and heavy relationships, do they go around saying, "Oh, you are the love of my life"? I think most of them kind of realize that teenage love is not forever. But Blaine and Kurt are always so effusive about this, and Kurt was ready to accept a marriage proposal from Blaine last season. Makes them seem like a couple of idiots. Especially for two people who barely "mess around."

by Anonymousreply 30510/05/2012

First loves? Yes

by Anonymousreply 30610/05/2012

[quote]I think most of them kind of realize that teenage love is not forever.

I think you're too old to remember what being a teenager was like.

by Anonymousreply 30710/05/2012

That part of the episode tore me up. D Criss deserves an Emmy for that scene.

I felt the scenes at McKinley were buzzkills.

by Anonymousreply 30810/05/2012

I hated today's episode. Why did everyone have to break up.

Cried when Darren Criss was singing.

by Anonymousreply 30910/05/2012

Will and Emma just had an argument, they didn't split up.

by Anonymousreply 31010/05/2012

This episode would have been a lot more realistic if Blaine would have used Grindr instead of Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 31110/05/2012

And I'm I supposed to believe that Blaine would go off to a hook up with a guy who didn't even have a profile picture? That's a really nice photo of a lighthouse there "Eli", but come on.

by Anonymousreply 31210/05/2012

Naya Rivera's easily the best singer on the show. What a great performance. Too bad she's only going to be in a few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 31310/05/2012

Great episode.

by Anonymousreply 31410/05/2012

Lots of great acting other than the horribly untalented Corey Monteith.

by Anonymousreply 31510/05/2012

Exactly, R312. No gay guy on the planet would do that unless he were the type of guy who deliberately doesn't post his pic. Even on sites like POF and Match no guy will respond to you if you don't have a pic. But this is TV Land.

by Anonymousreply 31610/05/2012

[quote]This episode would have been a lot more realistic if Blaine would have used Grindr instead of Facebook.

[quote]And I'm I supposed to believe that Blaine would go off to a hook up with a guy who didn't even have a profile picture?

Haha, both these comments are so true.

This episode was really strong. I am actually impressed, the writing felt mature about the reality of long-distance relationships when you are young and how love isn't always enough.

Also every single musical performance was actually good and let the cast members shine rather than being over-produced Kidz pop sounding shit.

I have to agree that Chris Colfer has been looking pretty good this season. He is definitely maturing into his looks. Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 31710/05/2012

Unfortunately, R317, he's not maturing into his voice.

by Anonymousreply 31810/05/2012

[quote]Even teenagers who are in hot and heavy relationships, do they go around saying, "Oh, you are the love of my life"?

Ever hear of Romeo and Juliet?

by Anonymousreply 31910/05/2012

[R304] I've been crushing since he first appeared. He's just so dreamy and charming.

by Anonymousreply 32010/05/2012

I got the impression Blaine had already hooked up with that guy and the guy was texting him for an encore.

by Anonymousreply 32110/05/2012

With its “Break-Up” show last night, Glee (2.6/7) was up 8% from last week.

by Anonymousreply 32210/05/2012

[quote]The scence wheres he tells Kurt of his infidelty brought back memories, been the victim of that and almost word for word the same scenario LOL. When Blaine sang his song I wanted to reach through the TV and hug him

So someone cheated on you but you want to hug the cheater? Do you have Welcome embroidered on the back of all your shirts?

by Anonymousreply 32310/05/2012

R316 I respond to people without pics all the time. Most men who have them have pics that are 10 years and 20 lbs old.

I find a lot of really HOT married men, or men in the public eye who won't do pics.

Pics...8 out of 10 are trolls.

No pics 1 out of 10 are trolls.

I like my odds better.

by Anonymousreply 32410/05/2012

Not a bad episode. Most of the acting was good as we're the songs and performances. As someone else mentioned, I had the impression that Blaine's IMs were from someone he knew. Don't like the new cheerleader as bully. Why doesn't anyone ever stand up to these people?

by Anonymousreply 32510/05/2012

But R325 she is a Chtistian Bully. This could get fun. Also the reference to her as a Carrie Underwood song now firms up she will be the Christian country singer we have been warned about.

by Anonymousreply 32610/05/2012

I agree with r313. Naya is one of the most talented singers and actors on this show and her presence is missed for sure.

I do like the new bitchy cheerleader, Kitty. She's basically Santana 2.0, but fundie and totally hateable. Too bad we won't get to see Santana and Kitty going toe-to-toe with one another.

by Anonymousreply 32710/05/2012

I was glad for all the break-ups. I'm over the graduated characters -- they should have their own show, not horn in on the undergrads.

by Anonymousreply 32810/05/2012

So, we had to wait for the breakup episode to see Kurt and Blaine kiss and be in bed together?

by Anonymousreply 32910/06/2012

Too much drama crammed into one ep. Also, the characters must have a lot of air miles with the amount of flitting back and forth between Ohio and NYC.

I'm curious as to how Finn, who has no qualifications or experience to teach, wild suddenly take control of the New Directions.

by Anonymousreply 33010/06/2012

Well, R330, Kurt got a job at Vogue in under thirty seconds with a high school diploma. Anything is possible on Glee.

by Anonymousreply 33110/06/2012

I don't think Blaine cheated on Kurt, because he was flirting while texting on Ping. That was all he did!

by Anonymousreply 33210/06/2012

[quote]So someone cheated on you but you want to hug the cheater? Do you have Welcome embroidered on the back of all your shirts?

It's just more romantic when someone serenades you through song. Very hard not to forgive someone like that.

by Anonymousreply 33310/06/2012

Glee is a fantasy world! You're suppose to enjoy the fantasy, not analyze it.

by Anonymousreply 33410/06/2012

[quote}I'm curious as to how Finn, who has no qualifications or experience to teach, wild suddenly take control of the New Directions.

You don't need qualifications or experience to be in charge of an after school club, especially not in a small town where there probably aren't any other applicants.

by Anonymousreply 33510/06/2012

According to the closed captioning, Blaine told Kurt: "I was with someone".

That means cheating to me. That means fucking to me.

And a freeze-frame on Blaine's phone says that the IM was from someone named Eli.

Do we know this person? I was sort of hoping Blaine would be topped by Sebastian.

by Anonymousreply 33610/06/2012

Blaine's cheating will be addressed in a future episode. Blaine had sex with Eli but was very regretful. That page of the script was leaked. Eli seemed to be just some random guy.

by Anonymousreply 33710/06/2012

OMG, Blaine had sex with Eli Manning!!

by Anonymousreply 33810/06/2012

I think Blaine has been hooking up with Puck Jr.

by Anonymousreply 33910/06/2012

All these break-ups may have been remotely touching if all the relationships weren't so poorly developed except for Rachel and Finn's (and, to a lesser extent Schue and Emma). I had to laugh about how you were supposed to tweet your favorite relationship moments from each couple and couldn't think of one scene between Brit/Santana or Kurt/Blaine. I guess I was supposed to swoon over their "don't blink or you'll miss it" kiss or that odious "Baby, It's Cold Outside"

by Anonymousreply 34010/06/2012

Anyone surprised that Blaine wouldn't cheat? Kurt always struck me as asexual, as in not liking sex, while Blaine was more active. It was even mentioned in the episode when Blaine said "I miss talking to you. Kissing you... fooling around with you". Plus, we don't even know what the cheating entailed, we assume it's sexual but perhaps in the sterile romantic life of Blaine and Kurt, going out on a dinner date with someone else is considered cheating.

by Anonymousreply 34110/06/2012

Actually Brittany and Santana were the only break up that actually made me feel a little sad.

by Anonymousreply 34210/06/2012

The young woman who was flrting with Santana was hot. Santana and Brittany never worked for me on any level.

by Anonymousreply 34310/06/2012

So will the guy in the suit who flirted with Kurt when he got the flowers from Blaine be Kurt's next love interest?

Only on fictional television can someone so nelly be considered attractive to so many hotter men.

by Anonymousreply 34410/06/2012

Was the guy in Kurt's office a kid in the Mighty Ducks movies?

by Anonymousreply 34510/06/2012

R344, I'm wondering if Karofsky is the guy Blaine cheated with. I haven't seen all the eps so I don't know if they showed the guy's face, but if not, that would be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 34610/06/2012

In no way can the guy in Kurt's office be considered hot,and, if the guy that Blaine hooked up with was Karofsky, that would not be interesting-that would be Melrose Place.

by Anonymousreply 34710/06/2012

The Glee writers have said that Karofsky's story has ended. He is not coming back, so Blaine did not have sex with him.

I really would like Karofsky to come back to the show and be Kurt's boyfriend in NYC!

They have great chemistry together. As cute as Darren Criss is, he and Chris Colfer do not have the sizzle.

by Anonymousreply 34810/07/2012

You could plainly see that Karofsky was [italic]hungry[/italic] for Kurt!

by Anonymousreply 34910/07/2012

by Anonymousreply 35010/07/2012

Wow..I have not been liking this new season at all but who would have known that Naya Rivera would turn out to be the best actress on this show....

by Anonymousreply 35110/07/2012

The guy Blaine hooked up with was named Eli. It was in his Facebook messages.

by Anonymousreply 35210/07/2012

Here is a post from Darren Criss on Facebook THANKING all of his fans for the past 2 amazing years...

Dearest friends-

Though my very first episode aired on TV in November of 2010, the end of this past September actually marked the two year anniversary of a phone call that really turned my life upside down: I was notified that I had been cast as a new character on the popular television series, “Glee.”

By that point, some of you had maybe known me from silly youtube videos, and for even less of you- from cafes, restaurants, and bars I used to play music at. Regardless of the when or the how or the why, it’s been been a pretty incredible journey for all of us since that phone call.

Some highlights:

In April of 2010, I was getting ready to start working on what some of you might now know as A Very Potter Musical. I was a senior at the University of Michigan, and I had just read an article about the cast members from the new hit TV series “Glee” singing at the White House. I thought, “Man, that’s insane.” Well, just this past June I took a song I wrote called “Not Alone” that I used in that very same musical I was working on in college, and sang it in person for the President himself... Shortly before I got to fist-bump him.

In July of 2011, I was asked to speak on a Harry Potter-based fan panel in San Diego. I thought I was a bit under-qualified for the job, but was nonetheless excited to be asked to speak on a panel at one of my favorite summer events: Comic-Con! When I got there, I realized that we were given a rough time slot because it was the same exact time as the panel for that same hit TV show, “Glee.” I thought, “Man, this ‘Glee’ thing is really stealin’ my thunder...” Ok, well, the very next year, I couldn’t do the HP fan panel again because I was on that Glee panel.

The crazy stories go on and on, not to mention the little things like magazine covers or hitting Billboard charts, or doing a film with the likes of amazing people like Kristen Wiig, Annette Bening, Matt Dillon... Let’s see, what else, oh, getting to live my dream of doing a Broadway show, and then of course, there was getting to sing “Rainbow Connection” with Kermit the Frog... I mean, these things are unbelievable. Unbelievable. I have a pretty wild imagination, but I never thought any of that could actually happen, let alone in such a relative short period of time.

Here’s the deal- I work hard, I try to make the right decisions and do the best I can with everything I do and all that good stuff- but really, that can only go so far. There are so many contributing factors to what has happened for me that go far beyond my control... And that’s where you come in. You, the fans, have been a huge part of the reason why I’ve been able to do half the things I’ve been able to do.

We live in an unprecedented age of social connectivity, and I am happy to say that you none of you have failed to take full advantage of that. Don’t think I’m not aware of how active the fandom is, or how much impact is has. Remember: Not only am I fan myself, but I do have an internet connection. I see the gifs, I see the fanfics, I see the memes, and it’s all amazing stuff. Though I haven’t met the majority of you, it’s a real thrill to know that many of your lives have come together on behalf of mine. That’s an incredibly moving concept, and the fact that those connections have yielded so much positivity is something even more amazing.

Let’s take my own stories out of the picture for a second- you, as a group, have all accomplished some pretty amazing things yourselves. You done everything from raising money for great causes to organizing awesome flash mobs over the internet to show your support. You have shown up at the crack of dawn and stayed until you’re the last one standing. You have come together to create something far greater than any of us: a real sense of community and a genuine place of support- not just for me but for each other. And I can safely say that I wouldn’t be where I am now if it weren’t for that.

Oftentimes I meet people who challenge me, “You have no idea what you’ve done for me.” Well the truth is, it’s the other way around. I do have an idea, and a pretty good one at that. Because for whatever you may think I may be giving you, you are actually giving back to me, tenfold. And I am constantly wondering when and if it will fade, who will stick around, who will get bored- I often think about the day there won’t be anyone on the other side of the stage door... but despite myself, as time goes on, you all have never ceased to amaze me with your enthusiasm, creativity, and seemingly endless joy that continues to inspire and encourage me.

Tonight is the premiere of the dreaded break-up episode. For many Glee fans, I imagine there will more than reason to be sad. But cheer up, think of it this way: much of your support has allowed me to be on this show long enough to reach a breakup in the first place; it has created a relationship that people cared enough about whereby it was even worth writing an episode about its potential end. I never thought I would get to be around long enough for something like that. And I really have you, the fans to thank for it. It’s something to be proud of.

What’s more, I was even asked to play my own arrangement of teenage dream for this episode- an acoustic piano version which so many of you have supported since I sang it as my first song on my very first episode. I started playing this version at shows as a sort of “thank you” to the fans, for making it such a big song for both myself and the show. It was the song that started everything.

So before the episode airs tonight, I thought it was only appropriate to write a fully fledged note to all of you that could express my deep appreciation for the past two years since that crazy phone call. I hope that this is just the beginning, and that I get to thank you many more times for many more adventures as the years roll by. But for now, know that I am so very grateful for everything you’ve given me, and I am very proud of what we have accomplished together. From teenage dream to teenage dream, thank you for allowing me to live mine.

your biggest fan, Darren

by Anonymousreply 35310/07/2012

He's a good kid.

by Anonymousreply 35410/07/2012

Kee-rist! What a windbag.

by Anonymousreply 35510/07/2012

He sounds like a drag.

by Anonymousreply 35610/07/2012

Anyone who has a soft spot for Kermit the Frog isokay with me...

by Anonymousreply 35710/07/2012

is Darren a homo sexxchual?

by Anonymousreply 35810/07/2012

Well, Darren knows how to work the social media to keep his fans fawning over him.

by Anonymousreply 35910/07/2012

R358 - officially, Darren is not gay, BUT whispers, gossip and rumors all point in the other direction.

I was sort of hoping Blaine's hookup would be with Troutymouth....

by Anonymousreply 36010/07/2012

Perhaps the lighthouse picture was the best choice over banana, hot dog, rocket or the Washington Monument?

by Anonymousreply 36110/07/2012

Darren obviously wrote all that because he's worried fans will hate him after Blaine cheated. Though he must already be used to the people who complain about every single thing he does on the show, even after two years.

by Anonymousreply 36210/07/2012

343 ? In what world ? Brittany never did it for me too, but Quinn... Dianna Agron is really the ghost of Grace Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 36310/09/2012

One of the best episodes of the series, hands down. Darren Criss sort of redeemed himself for his middling performance since his debut (although he cannot act, at all) and I actually didn't want to punch Lea Michelle in the face which is a major accomplishment for her.

Blaine's admission to Kurt was perfectly done and very painful to watch.

Of course, Murphy wrote this episode. He's a sad, twisted mess, but writes this sort of thing perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 36410/09/2012

Puck's half-brother Jake referred to eating Kosher. He's only half-Jewish via his father and of course it's through the mother where one obtains Jewish identity. His mother's black. Has it been established that the father and Jake even live in the same home? Have we seen Mr. Puckerman before?

I was amused watching Kate Hudson's character having a hissy fit over a phone. A friend of mine got kicked off the set of Something Borrowed because Hudson wrongly suspected he was using his phone to take a picture of her when he was only checking for messages. She was quite a cunt about it.

by Anonymousreply 36510/28/2012

Wasn't Mr. Puckerman played by Thomas Calabro in one episode?

by Anonymousreply 36610/28/2012

Finally catching episode one online. It's over the top now. Who are all these talented kids playing the cups and dancing with Blaine while he sings to Kurt ?? Why aren't any of them in the glee club ?

by Anonymousreply 36711/03/2012

Wow. This show has lost it's way. All of the 'new' characters (which are really just Mercedes 2.0, Rachel 2.0, Puck 2.0 and Quinn/Santana 2.0) are not appealing at all. They kept loser minor characters Sugar and Joe ....and there's poor Tina STILL not getting any leads. But Blaine sure is cleaning up. He really *is* 'The New Rachel'.

The NY stuff is okay, but soooooooooooo unbelievable. That apartment, Kurt's job, the perfect hot straight dorm roommate ....

The worst so far has to be that weird Kitty/Left Behind club shit ...what the fuck was that ? And why did EVERYONE show up for it.

And now Shue is going to traipse off and Finn takes over 4 months after graduation ?? Uhhhh, yea ...okay.

'Grease' .... Really ? Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 36811/03/2012

Spoiler alert!

4x05 will only feature the new kids preparing for the 'Glease'production.

by Anonymousreply 36911/05/2012

I'm excited to see how Blake/Ryder does.

by Anonymousreply 37011/05/2012

when will they wax Darren's hole?

by Anonymousreply 37111/05/2012

On a special cross-over episode with The New Normal.

by Anonymousreply 37211/05/2012

I like the new homo singing Jukebox hero with Fatty Finn. who is he?

by Anonymousreply 37311/08/2012

Are they working on Grease tonight?

by Anonymousreply 37411/08/2012

Blake Jenner, winner of the Glee project, nice Glee to give him strippers dancing around him in order to hide the fact that he isn't that talented a singer was completely outsung by Finn.

A Glee episode without Lea Michele. Interesting to see they are willing to do that. Still can't really care about the newbies that much, Marley just isn't interesting enough to be a leading lady IMO.

Also, that guy who plays Puck 2.0 is a damn talented singer and dancer I have to admit. Almost ridiculous he lost the musical lead to Glee Project kid who honestly can't even compare talent wise.

by Anonymousreply 37511/08/2012

That emotional moment with Unique was pretty damn good... very moving and very well done. Bravo, Glee, for putting that out there.

by Anonymousreply 37611/08/2012

Well, just too many damn characters now. OK episode, and Puck Jr. should have gotten the lead.

Agree that new characters are just old characters recycled.

Saw Ryan Murphy with NeNe on Housewives of Atlanta episode having lunch like hollywood buddies and thought, "WTF?!"

by Anonymousreply 37711/08/2012

I like Unique! I don't care for the new guy playing Danny Zuko, he seems too bland. I much prefer the Irish guy, he was cute!

Can't wait till next week!!

by Anonymousreply 37811/08/2012

Little Puck was pretty impressive tonight, and Unique is growing on me. They still need to decide if she's transgendered or a drag queen though, they like to go back and forth.

I like Ryder so far. Not the strongest singer, but he's very likeable and had some funny moments. Marley is still blah to me.

by Anonymousreply 37911/08/2012

Jessica Sanchez is coming to Glee. Yeah, a real highschooler.

by Anonymousreply 38011/09/2012

I really enjoyed this latest episode and thought it was probably the best of the season so far. I didn't care for Unique at the start but did love her speech to Finn about never feeling like she fit in. I also enjoyed Finn dressing down Sue in the principal's office although when he mentioned Sue having a retarded baby, my first reaction was "damn!" Of course, Finn being who he is, the comment wasn't meant in malice. Short use of Darren Criss although loved his opening song. Also enjoyed the Born To Handjive number.

by Anonymousreply 38111/09/2012

Marley is Rachel 2.0 in reverse. Rachel was the "hate to love" her character (she was completely annoying (ambitious, confident she had star quality, quick to say inappropriate things), yet when she sang you went "DAMN"). Marley is the likeable, sweet, nice girl who can sing. Your reaction wouldn't be the same.

by Anonymousreply 38211/09/2012

I usually think the complaints about Darren's acting from his haters are overblown, but he was flat out terrible in this episode. How could the director let through that awful onstage scene where he weepily turned down the lead role?

Every week I vow never to watch again but it's such a cornucopia of cute boys.

by Anonymousreply 38311/09/2012

[uote]They still need to decide if she's transgendered or a drag queen though, they like to go back and forth.

I think they've established Unique as Transed with the bathroom dilemma. Drag Queens have no problem using the men's room.

by Anonymousreply 38411/09/2012

I liked the Born to Handjive number and how they gave a wink to the movie by having one of the girl dancers dragged across the floor.

by Anonymousreply 38511/09/2012

In the very first episode they had Unique say that she identifies as female. Though yeah, they have had a lot of other lines which confused that. I think the show does intend that she is supposed to be a transwoman character.

I have to agree R383, I like Darren Criss while acknowledging he isn't the strongest actor but that scene was cringeworthy from him.

by Anonymousreply 38611/09/2012

Was there any mention of Sue's baby having Downs Syndrome or "retarded" before last night? If there was, I missed it.

by Anonymousreply 38711/09/2012

I think Little Puck is more talented than Ryder, but guess we should give the new guy a chance...only his first appearance.

by Anonymousreply 38811/09/2012

[quote]Was there any mention of Sue's baby having Downs Syndrome or "retarded" before last night? If there was, I missed it.

They didn't say it, they just showed her.

[quote]How could the director let through that awful onstage scene where he weepily turned down the lead role?

Because every thirteen year old girl watching simultaneously got their first period.

by Anonymousreply 38911/09/2012

I guess the scene with Blaine moping away was supposed to be humorous, but it really wasn't clear we were supposed to take it that way until we got Artie's bemused reaction, and Blaine isn't normally the kind of character they do that sort of thing with.

by Anonymousreply 39011/09/2012

It was never explained how 50 year old Sue had a baby at all. She never looked pregnant. If she already had the baby when the school term started she should have been showing by the end of the previous term. And why isn't she on maternity leave?

by Anonymousreply 39111/09/2012

R391 because she's SUE (GOD DAMNIT) SIMMONS

by Anonymousreply 39211/09/2012

The new guy Blake from the Glee Project is damned talented - hope they give him a chance to really show it.

by Anonymousreply 39311/09/2012

Former WNBC news anchor Sue Simmonds? I'm glad she landed on her feet!

by Anonymousreply 39411/09/2012

Last night's episode was crap.

by Anonymousreply 39511/09/2012

Glee (2.4/6) was down 8% in its return from a five-week hiatus (In 18-34, it was up 4%) but built onto its X Factor lead-in for the first time in Live+Same Day.

by Anonymousreply 39611/09/2012

I'm probably the biggest Gleek on this site. I started many of the Glee threads and defended it over and over again. But, I've got to say, I am getting increasingly disappointed with it. It has totally lost direction. They need to get rid of the old cast and start developing some new story lines. It is too messy with so many characters and, with all the old members coming back, they don't have adequate time to develop the new characters. It will be the death of the series, I'm afraid.

by Anonymousreply 39711/09/2012

I agree Ciaran.

by Anonymousreply 39811/09/2012

[quote]I like Darren Criss while acknowledging he isn't the strongest actor but that scene was cringeworthy from him.

In profile singing in the stands, he's already getting a middle-aged neckline-waddle. Not his best angle.

by Anonymousreply 39911/09/2012

Spoilers for 406-410

by Anonymousreply 40011/11/2012

For me it gets harder and harder to get back into the show with each break. Most of the new guys aren't compelling enough and they don't have that bite or edge to them which the original cast had.

by Anonymousreply 40211/11/2012

407 Episode description

by Anonymousreply 40311/11/2012

408 Episode description

by Anonymousreply 40411/11/2012

Klaine and Finchel? Holy shit I'm going to puke.

by Anonymousreply 40511/11/2012

I find all these contrived "surprise" visits back to Ohio quite ridiculous.

When I was living in NYC, going back home to the Midwest even twice a year was expensive, and that was when flights were cheaper and easier to book.

Shark; jumped.

by Anonymousreply 40611/11/2012

Glease 406 Spoilers

by Anonymousreply 40711/12/2012

Glease? I'm offended!

by Anonymousreply 40811/12/2012

What was the point of bringing back Mike and Mercedes? They weren't even featured much in the songs. Isn't Mike supposed to be at dance school? The writers feel obliged to keep these characters alive but don't even tell us what they've been up to. I'm sure Harry Shum and Amber Riley were thrilled to be called in to work only to find themselves cheering on the new kids.

by Anonymousreply 40911/12/2012

I'm sure it was easy for Mike to drop out of his first semester at dance school so he could go home to Ohio for six weeks. His parents were probably thrilled as well.

And I'm sure that Mercedes' bosses at the record label were happy to give her a leave of absence, not to mention her landlord and/or roommates.

It's so relatable, as we can all look back and remember the time when we quit our jobs and moved back to our home towns when we heard one of our high school friends didn't know what to do with his life.

by Anonymousreply 41011/12/2012

Really missing Frankie Avalon right about now

by Anonymousreply 41111/15/2012

"Go greased lightning... she's a real honey wagon."

I know they can't say "pussy" on network television but ugh!

by Anonymousreply 41211/15/2012

Was it ever explained why Mike, Mercedes, and Santana are able to shoot the breeze in Ohio during midterms? They're bringing these characters back too soon. They only just graduated a few months ago.

by Anonymousreply 41311/15/2012

I suppose, just as on daytime television, Glee time has its own peculiar way of acting -- sometimes it passes very slowly, other times very quickly.

by Anonymousreply 41411/15/2012

I so want Blaine and Kurt to get back together!! Why won't Kurt even talk to him!!!!???

by Anonymousreply 41511/15/2012

Say what you want about Glee, but sometimes the writing is just perfect.

"So Santana, what are you doing back in town?"

"Who cares? Everyone's just happy she's here!"

by Anonymousreply 41611/15/2012

Why did Blaine and Santana have to share the same pink lipstick? Guess Lima doesn't rate a Sephora.

by Anonymousreply 41711/15/2012

Did they lift the settings and choreography directly from the movie?

by Anonymousreply 41811/15/2012

I laughed at that also R416. Also the show blatantly pointing out it would make much more sense to give that role to Tina...they just aren't going to do it.

The meta, when done well, I do think fits with the show.

Anyway, I thought the ep was fine, I enjoyed it and thought the songs were all done well.

I do think the dynamic of the cast is still a problem. You can't just keep every character around. The show is trying to make it work but I think it is a bad idea.

by Anonymousreply 41911/15/2012

The show is just a mess. The mishmash of half written storylines isn't doing anything for either the new characters or the old ones. All the creative spark has gone out of it. And Darren doesn't seem hot anymore.

by Anonymousreply 42011/16/2012

Vanessa Lengies (Sugar) is the true star of this show. She's right up there with Lea and Chris, but doesn't get enough dialogue to work with. She's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 42111/16/2012

No comments on how good Cory Monteith looks this season? He's shed quite a few pounds and looks like he's been working out.

by Anonymousreply 42211/16/2012

Agree with you 420, Glee IS a mess. I think Murphy and company have hit the right idea with American Horror Story, make it a 13 episode miniseries. That seems to be about the attention span they have for their projects.

And you're right, Darren is not looking so hot anymore, in fact most of the guys aren't. Did you notice how they're all starting to look Matt Morrison's age? Probably a good thing they were graduated. And the new guys aren't doing it for me. Rachel's new love interest is a mouth breather and the guy from the GleeProject looks like one of the Monkees.

by Anonymousreply 42311/16/2012

Cory does look good thinner, but also looks every bit of 30 now

by Anonymousreply 42411/16/2012

So is Sue's baby actually disaabled or not?

by Anonymousreply 42511/16/2012

Did we really need to see the entire Beauty School Dropout number? It exists so that the kids will buy the song from iTunes, I guess.

I was waiting for Becky to play a tiny xylophone before Sue makes the PA announcements.

by Anonymousreply 42611/16/2012

Is there any news from Fox if they are going to renew this show for next season? I know that the main players have a contract for six seasons, but the ratings continue to drop. I stopped watching it after that horrible Christmas special last year. That was truly as bad and as campy as a high school Christmas show. But the true jump the shark moment for me was back in season 2 with the Carol Burnett guest appearance as Sue's mom. By that episode the show had devolved into a Dancing with the Stars vehicle for C list performers attempting to revive their careers on the show's back. Once everybody and their brother had their turn in a guest spot on the show, any semblance of a storyline about the glee club had long been forgotten. Writing out Will's wife was also a major mistake. After her departure, Morrison was reduced to making jazz hands during the songs and his airtime consisted of 30 second appearances 'leading' the New Directions. If they are smart they will pull the plug on Glee at the conclusion of this season. Although the powers that be will more then likely try to squeeze out a 5th season, perhaps in an abbreviated form to wrap up loose ends.

by Anonymousreply 42711/16/2012

So Kurt flew all the way to Ohio to see Blaine, and then refused to talk to him?

They've obviously written this storyline to take advantage of the way Colfer barely seems able to stand being in the same room as Criss. It's funny how everybody seems to love Darren Criss except his TV boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 42811/16/2012

Matthew Morrison needs to replace Matthew Broderick in NICE WORK IF YOU CAN GET IT... he's be perfect and he'd be reunited with Kelli O'Hara. Is he leaving the show for a few months to do a play or movie or will there be a story line and we see him in Washington?

by Anonymousreply 42911/16/2012

Sneak peek at Episode 407 airing 11/22.

by Anonymousreply 43011/16/2012

Why didn't mr shuster direct Grease since he was still in town?

by Anonymousreply 43111/16/2012

What was the Matthew Morrison reference on The New Normal?

by Anonymousreply 43211/16/2012

Marley is the worst. What has the audience response been to her thus far? She was so awkwardly grafted onto the show that I thought she was a Glee Project winner at first.

by Anonymousreply 43311/16/2012

"Did we really need to see the entire Beauty School Dropout number? "

They always air edited versions, and that was edited. Criss did not sing the "hooker" line.

And he looks constipated.

Also stupid, but plausible, is that they sang "You're the One That I Want," which is NOT in the original musical, but just the film (Yes, I've seen both).

Do high schools or community theatres these days perform a bastardized movie version? No doubt the dinner theatre hordes in the flyover states would demand their money back if they didn't get their extra numbers from the film.

by Anonymousreply 43411/16/2012

High schools don't do the original book. It's too profane and the last revivals integrated material from the movie.

by Anonymousreply 43511/16/2012

Loved "Glee" hate this season. They should have done the spin off. None of the new actors have a lick of star quality. The only time the show came alive this whole season was the "There Are Worst Things I could Do" number last night.

by Anonymousreply 43611/16/2012

by Anonymousreply 43711/17/2012

r437, The downward spiral will continue in next 3 episodes.

*Gangnam Style song for Sectionals/Marley fainting (continuation of eating disorder storyline)on stage.

*Quinn dating her Yale Professor.

*Sam and Brittany Mayan Calendar (end of world) wedding.

by Anonymousreply 43811/17/2012

So when are we going to see santana give a verbal smackdown to that kitty chic?

by Anonymousreply 43911/17/2012

I'm still watching..for now. Grease was decent. Finn is looking much better with the weight gone, but def looking older. They aren't using Chord much these days, a shame.

Ryder is pretty but not sure is acting is up to the rest.

and what's with the stupid constant 'after school special 'storylines?

by Anonymousreply 44011/17/2012

Who is Ryder?

by Anonymousreply 44111/17/2012

They need to either cut the old cast out completely or drop the high school aspect and focus on Rachel and Kurt in New York. It's absurd having all the graduates constantly hanging around and it prevents any investment in the new characters. Also, Trouty Mouth should give all the hot new male cast members striptease lessons.

by Anonymousreply 44211/18/2012

r441, Ryder is the latest castmember. He was the winner of last season's The Glee Project and plays the kooky jock who has a crush on Marley Rose (who has the fat lunchlady as mom).

by Anonymousreply 44311/18/2012

The old cast still shows up from time to time to keep the old fans watching the show in order for the old fans and viewers to get used to the new cast members.

by Anonymousreply 44411/18/2012

They desperately need to spin-off the NYC stuff. Move a few "old" cast members to that show.

by Anonymousreply 44511/18/2012

R438 Never heard that about Quinn. Where did you get that spoiler ?

by Anonymousreply 44611/18/2012

R435- The last Broadway revival added the movie songs including "Grease is the Word" and "You're the One that I Want." I assume that theater groups and high schools are now allowed to license that version for performance. Prior to that, many groups added the movie songs but they didn't have permission to do so.

by Anonymousreply 44711/18/2012

I don't care for the NYC stuff, Lea Michele as Lea Michele is annoying, don't want to watch Kurt answer phones at Vogue, although I do like Kate Hudson bitch teacher character. And unfortunately, tthe new kids back at McKinley are SO bland. Only still watching to see Matt Morrison's fine ass and hopefully get a chuckle from Jane Lynch.

by Anonymousreply 44811/18/2012

Q&A's from Ryan Murphy's Twitter and gleekoutbr.tumblr.

by Anonymousreply 44911/18/2012

Matt Morrisson has the flattest ass.

by Anonymousreply 45011/18/2012

Is lunch lady's daughter too f'ng stupid to get on a scale to see if she is really gaining weight???? Even if she doesn't own one, her school does.

by Anonymousreply 45111/18/2012

451 that can be said for all anorexics. It's an illness

by Anonymousreply 45211/18/2012

R449 Thank you! I knew about the boyfriend from the Q&A, but not the fact he was a teacher. Looking forward to see Santana going all Lima Height on Quinn's arse.

by Anonymousreply 45311/19/2012

Song Spoiler for 408 Sectionals:

Tina and The New Directions 'Gangnam Style.'

by Anonymousreply 45411/20/2012

The Glee/Grease soundtrack CD/download included a version of "Summer Nights" featuring (the perennially under-used) Mercedes and Sam.

How come that number wasn't aired????

by Anonymousreply 45511/20/2012

It was in a different episode. Yes/No back in season 2, r455. They just tacked it on since it was also Grease.

by Anonymousreply 45611/20/2012

Sebastian is back tonight!

by Anonymousreply 45711/22/2012

Is it so wrong that I want Darren Criss to sing to me?

by Anonymousreply 45811/22/2012

Me too R458

by Anonymousreply 45911/22/2012

I'd like to rim that new Warbler. Sam looked hotter in his superhero suit.

The Ryder dyslexia storyline is too afterschool special.

by Anonymousreply 46011/22/2012

Did I miss something? Is Unique gone? Or just not in this episode with no explanation?

by Anonymousreply 46111/22/2012

they're back to the 'every other episode' schedule. almost no one is in every episode. Oddly Finn seems to be the holdover - who would have guessed?

by Anonymousreply 46211/22/2012

the new puckerman kid is so damn hot. i'd watch an hour of just him standing and smiling.

by Anonymousreply 46311/22/2012

It beggars belief that stupid, clueless, talentless Finn is now somehow the voice of wisdom AND a credible vocal coach, choreographer and producer.

Blaine should have gone back to the Warblers. And should just buck up. He was horny and got laid. Probably because Kurt is pretty much unfuckable.

The hero thing was right up there with the dumbest of the dumb GLEE ideas. Poor Dot-Marie Jones, having to wear that stupid costume and say those stupid lines.

by Anonymousreply 46411/22/2012

Twin supermen! I got my JO material for the night!

by Anonymousreply 46511/23/2012

[quote]the new puckerman kid is so damn hot. i'd watch an hour of just him standing and smiling.

I don't find him all that.

by Anonymousreply 46611/23/2012

I liked the superhero thing fine enough, it is what Glee should be...funny, silly entertainment. The show loses what makes it work when it starts taking itself too seriously all the time.

The eating disorder storyline continues to be dumb as hell but this ep was fun to watch, especially after an evening of thanksgiving drinking.

It was nice to see Sebastian again and I am glad the new Glee project winner can actually act. Continue not to give a fuck about Marley, seriously, they are doing a bad job crafting their wannabe new leading lady.

by Anonymousreply 46711/23/2012

And the next episode is "the holidays," so EVERYone comes home!

The cast'll be bigger than that of "It's a Mad Mad Mad World!"

by Anonymousreply 46811/23/2012

I like how Puck already looks like a 30 year old hustler and he supposedly just got out of high school last year. Having said that, I'd give him 25 bucks for a little action.

by Anonymousreply 46911/23/2012

Why do people still watch this shit?

by Anonymousreply 47011/23/2012

Sugar disappears a lot too. Although apparently her contract doesn't allow her to be in any tribute episode.

by Anonymousreply 47111/23/2012

Cancel this show already, please!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 47211/23/2012

Nice show, with just a few of old characters shown briefly.

It's sad they they will all be back next week for Christmas, with no indication how they paid airfare to fly back recently to see "Grease."

by Anonymousreply 47311/23/2012

Not feeling the new Warbler leader and the cheerleader chick. Ryder's good enough of an actor to make the dyslectic stuff look compelling and not turn int into a total farce. Nice goofy setup with the superhero costume theme. Not the worst episode, but not the best one either.

by Anonymousreply 47411/23/2012

Don't Mike and Santana live fairly close to Ohio (Chicago and Kentucky) and have parents with disposable income? If so, it would be fairly easy for them to come home frequently.

What is the real reason Mathew Morrison is leaving for 3 months? Recording, part in a play, would bottom for Ryan Murphy anymore?

Agree that Marley and Ryan are rather bland; and the "seniors" that stayed are pretty unexciting.

by Anonymousreply 47511/23/2012

I actually think they're doing a much better job with the new characters than they've done in the past. Ryder and Unique are only there because of the Glee Project, but they're 1,000x better than last year's Glee Project additions, Joe and Rory.

by Anonymousreply 47611/23/2012

R476, they have kept Joe for some inexplicable reason.

The Blaine/Kurt story line is completely over wrought. Teens can be dramatic, but after a few weeks they are on to the next thing.

by Anonymousreply 47711/23/2012

Kurt is such a sexless character that it is hard for me to imagine someone being so passionately in love with him, esp. when Kurt put off intimacy for so long. What Blaine really needs is a hot fuck from Sam, who always seems to be buzzing around him and whose own romantic affections have seemed to be unfixed as far as the girls have gone. His interest in Mercedes was incredibly ridiculous and served as a convenient cover-up for his true sexual proclivities.

by Anonymousreply 47811/23/2012

Hate the new Warbler as well. Murphy keeps creating more characters like Sue who are only good at bitchy posturing, like Nana in The New Normal, Nene in Glee and TNN, Sebastien, and Kitty. Overload of cunts who are just cunty for the sake of it.

by Anonymousreply 47911/23/2012

The new Warbler Gerald Nolan Funk played Conrad Birdie in the Broadway revival of BYE BYE BIRDIE a few years ago. The show didn't get very good reviews. However, this kid got better notices than stars John Stamos and Gina Gershon.

by Anonymousreply 48011/23/2012

That's because GNFunk came out in just a pair of tighty-whiteys and poured milk down his front. There was nothing left to the imagination.

You won't find Stamos or that pig Finn doing that!

by Anonymousreply 48111/23/2012

R475 is correct. Both Mike and Santana are approximately a four-hour drive from Lima. And we can probably assume the others' parents will be paying for their plane tickets home for the holidays, whereas their other trips this fall were self-financed.

In the early seasons, I used to wonder why they couldn't hire a cast who were all strong actors, dancers and singers; assuming they were plentiful in Hollywood and Broadway if you looked hard enough. Now I look at the new kids who are all strong actors, dancers, and singers; and realize how wrong I was. They all look like they stepped out of the JC Penney catalog, they have no chemistry with the original cast or each other, and their dancing and singing has no charm or star appeal. I'll take five clumsy Finns or reedy Quinns over one Marley or Jake.

by Anonymousreply 48211/23/2012

The bulimia storyline isn't serving Marley well, but she's absolutely compelling when she sings. Far more watchable and a far better voice than Lea.

by Anonymousreply 48311/23/2012

"Kiki, what do you think?"

"I think that I am the human, and you are the machine."

by Anonymousreply 48411/23/2012

"I get it, my first idea was pretty bad."

"Worse than Funk."

"Worse than Night of Neglect."

by Anonymousreply 48511/23/2012

Boy, Darren Criss was acting all over the place. Someone get a mop.

by Anonymousreply 48611/23/2012

The guy from the Glee Project who plays Joe isn't nearly as bad as Rory. His acting was cringe-worthy awful.

by Anonymousreply 48711/23/2012

I think the Gerard Funk kid did a fine job but the character was just one note and seemed kinda unnecessary when you have Sebastian there who the audience is already invested in rather than another new face. Maybe if they had an excuse to get him into underwear we would care, he is apparently a former gay for pay stripper who is packing some meat.

I do agree that in general the new cast just has less charisma and star power in front of the camera even though a lot of them are technically very talented, they are getting better though.

I realized during some nights how much they are really lacking Lea and Ambers power vocals for group numbers to elevate them. They really should have used Unique there, he is the only new cast member who can do those power wails.

by Anonymousreply 48811/23/2012

Amazing how the new members pale in comparison. They are really boring, especially Marley. Why would two guys be fighting over her?

by Anonymousreply 48911/23/2012

Blake isn't bad as Ryder - still hate his hair, though.

At least's he's waaaay better than the Joe character. That guy won the first season of the Glee Project, which is why they probably had to have 3 runners-up appear on the show.

They need to bring in a sorta runner-up (maybe 4th or so?) from the 2nd season of the Glee Project - Michael Weisman.

That boy is sex on a stick. His singing and acting are fine, and he just oozes HOT. He'd be a great follow-up to Puck as the studboy.

He and Blake (Ryder on the show) were BFFs, and I refuse to believe they weren't fucking each other silly every night....

by Anonymousreply 49011/23/2012

Oh yeah, to Ryan/Ian/whomever from Glee watches DL -

please use Chord Overstreet more.

That guy is good, and not just because he's so frickin' gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 49111/23/2012

All time low in the ratings 11/22

9:00 p.m. Fox – The X Factor/Glee Viewers: 6.89 million , A18-49: 2.3/ 7

9:30 p.m. Fox – Glee Viewers: 4.45 million , A18-49: 1.5/ 5

10:00 p.m. Fox – Glee Viewers: 3.80 million , A18-49: 1.1/ 4

by Anonymousreply 49211/23/2012

I wonder if writing Kurt and Rachel off to New York was intentional. It's common knowledge that Chris and Lea do not get along with the cast. They've been separated, and I'm noticing that no one (Kevin, Jenna, Chord, Naya, Diana) are even tweeting them.

by Anonymousreply 49311/23/2012

I've heard Lea is a diva and isn't well-liked, but I'd never heard that about Chris. Someone upthread said he and Darren Criss hate each other too. What's the story there? Colfer should be thanking his lucky stars for this show. He's talented, but he's gonna have a hard time finding work after this.

by Anonymousreply 49411/23/2012

All of this talk about the newest episode and no one mentioned the BEST part -- Sam wearing the jockstrap?

by Anonymousreply 49511/23/2012

Well, it was Thanksgiving night, it's not surprising the ratings were low.

by Anonymousreply 49611/23/2012

Chord Overstreet has some sweet abs

by Anonymousreply 49711/23/2012

Glee gets a major boost when the dvr viewers are counted in.

by Anonymousreply 49811/24/2012

[quote]What is the real reason Mathew Morrison is leaving for 3 months? Recording, part in a play, would bottom for Ryan Murphy anymore?

Since you apparently missed it, Mr. Schue barely had a storyline last season, and he's had next to none this year. I'm thinking "Glee" is pulling a "90210" and slowly getting rid of all the adult characters, and that we'll be hearing an announcement in a few months that Morrison is leaving to "pursue his singing career." Really, there's not much storyline-wise left for him, or Miss Pillsbury now that she's gotten over her OCD enough to let Schue savagely fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 49911/24/2012

The preview for next week's episode showed Mr. Schuester, so Morrison isn't totally gone.

Morrison must be pretty frustrated. In season 1 he was the central character and sang and danced regularly. Now he's lucky if there are two scenes focused on Will in an episode. Kind of a waste of someone who's an acclaimed Broadway performer.

by Anonymousreply 50011/24/2012

It clearly shows that there's no one running this ship anymore when the one "old timer" they've decided to continue featuring is the least interesting one, both as an actor and as a person - Cory Montieth. ANY of the other graduates would have been a better choice.

And that Kitty girl doing a bad Reese Witherspoon impression must go.

I like the new guy Ryder - he's hot and needs to appear shirtless more.

I'm thinking this will be GLEE's final year - the sharks are circling below the jump ramp.

by Anonymousreply 50111/24/2012

What I've heard about Darren and Chris is just some backlash about how Chris had to fight so hard to be a lead member of the glee cast and Darren walks in and kinda overshadows him even though technically he isn't half the actor Chris is. I don't think they hate each other though, frustration at the system is not hate at the coworker, Chris gets that but they both wanted that relationship to end.

Chord really has come onto his own. He is a nice and talented guy, kinda dim, but the Glee writers know how to write for him now and he has grown into a more mature person and a better performer since he got cast.

Not an insider, just gossip.

by Anonymousreply 50211/24/2012

[quote]I think the Gerard Funk kid did a fine job but the character was just one note and seemed kinda unnecessary when you have Sebastian there who the audience is already invested in rather than another new face.

I thought the same thing. Last season it looked like Grant Gustin was going to be a significant addition to the cast -- they gave him that great Michael Jackson number with Santana, among other things -- and then they seemed to forget about him. I think after they had him nearly blind Blaine there was too much backlash against the character. (Ditto with Karofsky -- the character was just too hated by Kurt obsessives even though a minority of viewers were really into him).

by Anonymousreply 50311/24/2012

[quote]What I've heard about Darren and Chris is just some backlash about how Chris had to fight so hard to be a lead member of the glee cast and Darren walks in and kinda overshadows him even though technically he isn't half the actor Chris is.

He came in and overshadowed everyone. The number of songs any other male cast members had plummeted after Blaine joined the show. He gets a lot of flak for not being a great actor but before he came along they didn't have any male singers who could really deliver credible pop performances visually as well as vocally.

by Anonymousreply 50411/24/2012

I think it would be better to have Finn permanently be the glee coach. At least they can have Finn interact with the kids outside of telling them the weekly assignment. As other people have said, there's just nothing for Schue to do anymore. He's been mostly irrelevant after the first 13 episodes, and all the other stories they've given him seem shoehorned in. Also, I think Cory is a pretty good actor, and his signing is really improved.

I doubt this will be the last season. Glee is still a big money maker, even if it's ratings and acclaim aren't what they once were. I think they'll at least get a season five. Depending on how it goes, I could definitely see it being cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 50511/24/2012

[quote]And that Kitty girl doing a bad Reese Witherspoon impression must go.

She's not doing Reese; she's doing a hybrid of Quinn-Santana from the first half-season of "Glee," back when they were one-note cunts instead of sympathetic daughter-tortured-by-freeper-parents and secret-lesbian-but-fucking-every-guy-in-school.

by Anonymousreply 50611/24/2012

[quote]Chord really has come onto his own. He is a nice and talented guy, kinda dim, but the Glee writers know how to write for him now and he has grown into a more mature person and a better performer since he got cast.

Yeah he has stepped it up since he came back. In the first season he was on he wasn't bringing much to the table -- he was hot but kind of low energy, and after the initial speculation about him maybe being Kurt's boyfriend the interest in him seemed to drain away, especially when Darren Criss came on the scene. Now he's funnier and even hotter. (But if his twitter is any indication, not the sharpest knife in the drawer).

by Anonymousreply 50711/24/2012

I thought Sam was perfectly hilarious in season two. Defending Kurt, the Justin Bieber experience, dating Santana, and the impressions. He was always a great character.

by Anonymousreply 50811/24/2012

Agreed, R508, and I think it was preposterous to have been written off like that, even if only for essentially one-third of a season.

by Anonymousreply 50911/24/2012

I think the speculation about Chris hating Darren comes partly from their lack of onscreen chemistry in season 3 and partly from how little the two of them interact publicly... Obviously there is only so much you can tell from media or things like twitter but I just get the sense they don't have much of a relationship off camera, though they may like each other fine.

by Anonymousreply 51011/24/2012

I heard that Karofsky is coming back! and he is going to sweep Kurt off his feet.

by Anonymousreply 51111/24/2012

[quote]I think the speculation about Chris hating Darren comes partly from their lack of onscreen chemistry in season 3

I agree, but I also think Darren simply isn't a good enough actor to fake chemistry with Chris, and since he probably has no sexual attraction to Chris even if he (Darren) *is* gay ... well, there you go, no chemistry and no way to fix it. The scenery-chewing we've been forced to endure from Blaine since Kurt dumped him only reinforces his limitations as an actor (on television, at least - that kind of shit might play better on stage). Still, it's not like this type of paring is unusual on "Glee"; there was never ANY chemistry between Sam and Mercedes, and don't even get me started on Puck and that obese chick he was worshipping for a while.

No, what I like is the prospect, mentioned upthread, via a tweet from Blake Jenner (Ryder) on a "surprise" as to who his character might be dating. Marley's obviously no surprise (plus she's apparently moved on to Puck Jr.), but I could *totally* see a Blake/Blaine pairing, finally giving gay fans the chance to see a real "jock" as a gay character instead of Blaine, who isn't anywhere near as nelly as Kurt but whose sartorial choices alone simply *scream* uptight homo. Also, Blaine needs a new love interest, and unless it's going to be Sebastian from the Warblers, Ryder is the most sensible choice.

Btw I will say this about this week's episode: it was the first that actually got me interested in the new characters, and the first that convinced me that the show could go on just fine without Schue, Rachel or Kurt -- and without the endless veritable cameos we'll be getting next week for Regionals, which for some reason this season is a week after Sectionals instead of three months (unless they're jumping ahead a bit as part of an extended hiatus over the holidays).

by Anonymousreply 51211/24/2012

[quote]Is Unique gone? Or just not in this episode with no explanation?

Unique's parents pulled him from "Grease," remember? I was just assuming they forced him to leave the Glee Club as well. Either that or he was just pouting about having been pulled so abruptly.

by Anonymousreply 51311/24/2012

I'm really hoping that Ryder is closeted/bi and that he'll be Blaine's new boyfriend for the rest of the season. Also, I think it would be a great way to distance Ryder from being a Finn/Sam clone.

Maybe Darren's acting would improve if Blaine had a hot guy to be in love with.

by Anonymousreply 51411/24/2012

But Blaine is historically into fem guys. The guy working at the GAP in season two, and Kurt.

by Anonymousreply 51511/24/2012

I think they would have established some kind of connection between Ryder and Blaine immediately if they were going that way.

I'm not sure Kurt and Blaine are even going to be apart long enough to get new boyfriends.

by Anonymousreply 51611/24/2012

I disagree R512, Darren does have limitations as a dramatic actor but there are things he does well and playing loveable and romantic is one of them.

Blaine and Kurt were always written to be cute and inoffensive, they were never allowed to be a real sexual couple. You can't blame the actors.

I can't see the Ryder/Blaine thing ever happening, but it is true that Glee has shown every part of the spectrum except a bisexual male.

by Anonymousreply 51711/24/2012

Lea and Darren are friends offscreen and perform regularly at events together. He actually has more chemistry with her - probably because he's not gay - than he does with Chris. Like Sebastian and Santana. But if you look at early episodes with Darren and Chris, there was much more chemistry than now. They are just an old married couple now and it's boring.

by Anonymousreply 51811/24/2012

Criss became popular because of his looks. Yeah, there are other good looking guys on the show, but Puck and his mohawk were never gonna be on the cover of Teen Beat or whatever. Criss is a classic pretty boy. His appeal is a lot broader than any of the other guys on the show. And as someone said upthread, he's the only one with the right voice for the pop music this show covers so often. Corey Monteith can barely sing and Colfer sounds like a castrato for god's sake.

Also, the idea that Colfer had to "fight" for anything on this show is ridiculous. The role of Kurt was created specifically for him and he's had the most three dimensional character and deepest and best storylines since the show premiered. And Glee was his first professional credit. If anything, Criss is the one who's had to fight for a role on the show. He was a struggling Broadway actor before being cast and was rejected for the role of Finn originally. And when they finally brought him in as Blaine it was only as a guest star. It took an entire season before he was made a regular.

by Anonymousreply 51911/24/2012

Two quick corrections to incorrect facts upthread:

Darren Criss was never a "struggling Broadway actor". He was in college when he created the Harry Potter musical which became an internet sensation and brought him to the attention of people in Hollywood. He finished school and went directly to LA. His first appearance on Broadway was when he replaced Daniel Radcliffe in "How to Suck Seed..."

Meanwhile, as for Chord Overstreet's absence in Season 3, he was originally signed to the show as a recurring character, not a regular. He also had a music career he wanted to pursue, but the studio wanted him on camera every week, as well as on the tours. So he broke his contract to pursue his music (which went about as well as Mark Sailing's music career) - if you saw the GLEE 3D movie, you'll recall the scene where he announces to the audience he won't be back next season. Meanwhile, the producers were deluged with fan mail and realized his popularity, so they went back and offered him a contract as a regular starting in the middle of Season 3.

by Anonymousreply 52011/24/2012

[quote] if you saw the GLEE 3D movie, you'll recall the scene where he announces to the audience he won't be back next season.

No, I do not recall this. Unless it was a deleted scene?

Not sure if anything you wrote is true actually. Chord left the show because they didn't offer him a regular role in season 3, not because he *didn't* want to be a regular. And when he came back, they didn't make him a regular until season 4.

by Anonymousreply 52111/24/2012

R506 Exactly my thought when she appeared with a nail filers while talking to Marley. That is so Santana! My guess is that maybe Murphy & co. try to create a new Faberry.

by Anonymousreply 52211/24/2012

Should Glee finally kill off a kid to make a point? I feel that Kitty is too much of a cunt to be believed. They should have Marley keel over to shake things up a bit.

by Anonymousreply 52311/24/2012

I'm wondering if they're geering up to introduce Blaine's "tryst" guy, since they made an effort to blur his face. Perhaps, at regionals??

by Anonymousreply 52511/24/2012

I don't get the Kitty/Quinn comparison. Kitty insults everyone in her path, while Quinn saved all her venom for Rachel. I can't even recall Quinn randomly insulting someone in glee club (ie: Artie, Mercedes, Tina, Kurt) just for the hell of it. She was much more aloof and passive aggressive with her bitchiness.

by Anonymousreply 52611/24/2012

This was the year Glee should've taken the chance to do a flash foward. Keep all of the original cast and move the show five years out and have some of the cast in California, some in New York and some still in Lima.

The main problem with doing this is that the show relies so heavily on performing current music that it couldn't have worked.

But I agree with others upthread, so long as the show keeps selling music on I-Tunes, etc .... it will have another year or two.

by Anonymousreply 52711/24/2012

They're not really selling songs anymore, R527. The highest charting song from the last episode "Some nights" peaked at 62 on Itunes. I'm not sure any of the songs have even reached the top ten this season. One or two at the most.

by Anonymousreply 52811/24/2012

I wouldn't be surprised if next season is the last one for the show. Its ratings aren't what they used to be and, not only is it not a watercooler show anymore, but it's a show people say "people still watch that?" about. Fox pulled the plug on The OC after 4 seasons and Ally McBeal after 5 seasons. I think this show is on a similar trajectory.

by Anonymousreply 52911/24/2012

[QUOTE]I'm wondering if they're geering up to introduce Blaine's "tryst" guy, since they made an effort to blur his face. Perhaps, at regionals??

No, the whole reason they didn't show him was that it was irrelevant who he was -- Blaine threw his relationship away for some random guy he was never going to see again.

by Anonymousreply 53011/24/2012

"Summer Nights."

by Anonymousreply 53111/24/2012

There are a number of possible reasons they did not show 'tryst' guy's face. Perhaps he will show up later in the season, and the producers want the audience to be surprised when they learn his importance to the Blake story line.

by Anonymousreply 53211/25/2012

Still thinking about that image of Sam with the jockstrap pulled over his head - mmmmmm

by Anonymousreply 53311/28/2012

It was actually a decent Bane impression by Chord, also noticed he had clearly been slacking on going to the gym. Not that he didn't still look good but not nearly as ripped as he has in some other shirtless pictures, though maintaining that type of body is hard.

Apparently in tommorows episode Glee will be making sure to not let any pop culture fad pass them by and will be jumping on the "Gangnam Style" bandwagon. Too bad it is a couple months late on that.

by Anonymousreply 53411/28/2012

Gangn just became the most-watched you tube video of all time, so I don't think the fad is quite over yet.

by Anonymousreply 53511/28/2012

Laughing at this thread.

by Anonymousreply 53611/28/2012

Good acting by Darren tonight. I believed him.

by Anonymousreply 53711/29/2012

I haven't watched this show since Spring 2011.

Am I missing anything?

by Anonymousreply 53811/29/2012

For all the hand wringers about Glee's pending cancellation here's TVbythenumbers take on this:

"Few fan reactions surprise me after five years of working on the site, so while the worry from some Glee fans didn't surprise me, it did prompt me to write this post.

Yes, Glee ratings are well below their heyday, but the show is still Fox's #2 rated live action scripted show this Fall. Unless the cast or producers decide to call it quits (which I don't try to predict), it's coming back next season"

by Anonymousreply 53911/29/2012

I wanna have a kiki!

by Anonymousreply 54011/29/2012

Nice to see that one can recover from being a quadriplegic so completely. I'm sure it gives all spinal chord victims such ~hope~.

by Anonymousreply 54111/29/2012

The phone call scene between Blaine and Kurt was absolutely moving, Darren Criss was really good.

Detest "Gangnam Style"...WHY?

by Anonymousreply 54211/29/2012

Santana's snark was always the highlight of the show for me. It was nice to see her back, even if only briefly. Missed that bitch.

by Anonymousreply 54311/29/2012

Is there still a gay presence on this show? Wasn't the gay actor written out?

by Anonymousreply 54411/29/2012

R544 There's alot gay still going on

by Anonymousreply 54511/29/2012

How charming and appropriate to do a song about blow jobs at a high school singing competition.

by Anonymousreply 54611/29/2012

The Kiki was the best number ev. SJP was all Carrie Bradshaw fab. Rachel, Kurt and the Queens need their own show and dump the rest.

by Anonymousreply 54711/29/2012

What's the song about blow jobs? Is that the Gangnam style one because that one's all in Korean and no one is going to know anyways.

by Anonymousreply 54811/30/2012

[quote]How charming and appropriate to do a song about blow jobs at a high school singing competition.

Almopst all the songs tis season are recent and they suck badly. That song was awful. The new cast sucks. The dreads guy is worthless, as bad as the Irish guy they fired. The only time the show comes alive is with the old cast now.

by Anonymousreply 54911/30/2012

R548, Blow My Whistle by Flo Rida

by Anonymousreply 55011/30/2012

I miss Santana too. I was good to see the old cast back. Would be interesting to see Santana and Quinn move to NYC and be roomies.

by Anonymousreply 55111/30/2012

Sectionals episodes used to be so fun. I remember last year Quinn propositioned Sam to help raise her baby, Sam was stripping to earn cash, Rachel got suspended, and Blaine was hitting a punching bag. This show used to be so jam-packed.

by Anonymousreply 55211/30/2012

Bring back the Irish guy, he was cute!

by Anonymousreply 55311/30/2012

Singing Mennonites??

by Anonymousreply 55411/30/2012

Did I see Shangela during the Kiki/Turkey Lurkey song? If so, hallelu for her.

by Anonymousreply 55511/30/2012

Yeah that was him.

by Anonymousreply 55611/30/2012

Please, no more Gangnam Styles!

by Anonymousreply 55711/30/2012

Just read The Hollywood Reporter article. I didn't have much opinion about Ryan until now.

I understand why so many here did not like him. He comes across as a real jerk, very self centered.

by Anonymousreply 55811/30/2012

R558, isn't your comment for the Amazing Race thread?

by Anonymousreply 55911/30/2012

Let's have a kiki was fucking great, love that they did that. I overall enjoyed this one, with the exception of Marley stupidity.

It's a fucking joke if ND wins. I also can't believe they didn't have character make a joke about Whistle, wtf Glee? Also what is going on with Sebastian's hair? Can we please make him look sexy again? New Warbler dude killed it. They should bring them back for Regionals and I am guessing that's the plan.

The Kurt/Blaine phonecall actually felt real, so much of their stuff doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 56011/30/2012

But wasn't Kurt supposed to accept Blaine's apology and yet tell him that it's over? It seems like Kurt gave Blaine the impression that they may get back together at Christmas when they talk things over.

I know a lot of you guys don't like Sarah Jessica Parker but I find her fairy godmother boss role great.

I must be the only one who liked all songs in the latest episode. I thought Blow my Whistle was a perfect Glee song by giving the episode some of the snarky edge that it had at the beginning.

I start to like stupid and naive Marley and Ryder, but for some reason don't care for the Puckerman brother.

by Anonymousreply 56111/30/2012

[quote]New Warbler dude killed it. They should bring them back for Regionals and I am guessing that's the plan.

I'm confused. There's only one winner at sectionals, right? And only the sectionals winners compete at regionals, and only the regionals winners compete at the nationals, right?

So how can the Warblers, who competed against New Directions in the sectionals, have competed against them last year at the nationals?

And how could a Warbler dude, assuming the team is defeated at sectionals, come back for regionals?

by Anonymousreply 56211/30/2012

I still hate all the newbies. I want to watch the NY story for the full hour, especially if they're going to do more numbers like "Let's Have a Kiki." Just when you thought that this show couldn't get any gayer, it features drag queens vogueing while SJP sings a Scissor Sisters song. I mean, really.

by Anonymousreply 56311/30/2012

Glee can really do whatever the hell they want R562. They can have teams tie and both move on like they did in Season Two. They can have the Warbler win but ND moves on anyway because they are defending champions. They can have no one be the declared the winner because of that Marley shit and have them compete again at Regionals.

[quote] I thought Blow my Whistle was a perfect Glee song by giving the episode some of the snarky edge that it had at the beginning.

I loved the edge of the song. I just thought it would have made it better if the show made some joke indicating they knew what they were doing rather than just playing it straight with no comment. Missed opportunity there for some good humor.

And yeah, Lets have a kiki is the most awesomely gay thing Glee has ever done.

by Anonymousreply 56411/30/2012

So let me get this straight: less than a week before Sectionals, Finn is going to have the glee club learn a song in Korean while trying to simultaneously master the corresponding dance moves? Sure, why not?

The opening with the old cast members coming together on stage was saccharine overload.

Blow jobs or no, the Warblers gave great performances. Too bad both songs were mindless pop tunes.

I'll turn in my gay card if I must, but I found the whole kiki routine way over the top. And Kurt's singing was so affected.

Still not sure why the hot TA at school wants anything to do with Rachel. Has he not seen any of the extras parading around? And the fox trot? Really?

I thought Kurt and Blaine's conversation seemed genuine and touching. And I thought Quinn and Santana were going to make out after slapping each other. But of course Quinn is fucking a 35-year old professor.

Next week's previews should make you want to see the show, but when Sue says she's going to destroy the glee club, it just makes me want to skip it. Same old boring shit from two seasons ago.

by Anonymousreply 56511/30/2012

Bitch moan bitch bitch moan bitch moan. It's fucking "Glee", not Masterpiece Theater. You really need KIKI!

by Anonymousreply 56611/30/2012

Let the Mennonites win!!

by Anonymousreply 56711/30/2012

[quote]I'll turn in my gay card if I must, but I found the whole kiki routine way over the top. And Kurt's singing was so affected.

Agree! Hated it.

by Anonymousreply 56811/30/2012

Why doesn't Vanessa Lengies get any lines?

by Anonymousreply 56911/30/2012

glitter train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 57011/30/2012

I grew up near the mennonite community and always remember fondly their delicious homemade ice cream. I can't imagine them dancing in a competition though. Who knows, maybe this is the modern day version.

by Anonymousreply 57111/30/2012

It was a complete cartoon. Mennonites only fraternize with "Englishers" at county fairs and produce sales.

by Anonymousreply 57211/30/2012

[quote]I still hate all the newbies. I want to watch the NY story for the full hour, especially if they're going to do more numbers like "Let's Have a Kiki." Just when you thought that this show couldn't get any gayer, it features drag queens vogueing while SJP sings a Scissor Sisters song. I mean, really.

I agree 1000% with this post. Personally, I think GLEE, even if the ratings are still decent, is creatively spent and needs to end after this season; however, I do like the New York portion of the series and if they are going to bring it back, they need to dump the school scenes and focus the series entirely on Rachel and Kurt in New York. In fact, if they'd been smart, they would've moved Mercedes, Santana, Sam and Blaine to NYC with them and fucking forgot the rest.

by Anonymousreply 57311/30/2012

You can't have a show called Glee about Kurt and Rachel in NY. Maybe a spin-off like 'Glee: Kurt and Rachel Making it in NY', but either Glee keeps its focus on the Glee Club in Lima, Ohio or it should just do a American Horror Story and switch location (= new high school with a new Glee club).

And I am sure some fans would appreciate somethign like a web series spin-off called Glee: The Warblers about the Warblers and their preppy antics.

by Anonymousreply 57411/30/2012

I'd watch Glee the Warblers story. Imagine the stories to tell of the secret happenings in an all boys prep school.

by Anonymousreply 57511/30/2012

[quote]I'll turn in my gay card if I must, but I found the whole kiki routine way over the top. And Kurt's singing was so affected.

I thought the Kiki number was wonderful, how can anyone not like it?

I like Sebastian this season, he's starting to look handsome to me. I didnt like him when he was mean to Kurt.

by Anonymousreply 57611/30/2012

[quote]You can't have a show called Glee about Kurt and Rachel in NY. Maybe a spin-off like 'Glee: Kurt and Rachel Making it in NY'

R574, I totally agree. When I heard a rumor over the summer that they were thinking of a Rachel/Kurt spinoff, I actually thought that would be the best way to go. They could call it "Glee NYC" or something to that effect and just junk the original series, which, in my opinion, has run its course.

by Anonymousreply 57711/30/2012

They are not in Glee Club anymore, it should be called "Audtions" and there is plenty of room for the others to come crash in that big loft.

by Anonymousreply 57811/30/2012

The Warblers are just a shallow echo of the previous season. There's no context without Blaine and Sebastian, etc. The whole dipping in and out of private/public schools is preposterous, even for Glee un-reality standards.

They should give hottie bass line blond guy (who's never had a single line) a story line, not that malaclusioned toothy new front man.

by Anonymousreply 57911/30/2012

Personally I hate the NYC parts of the show, so I would rather it be a separate show that I wouldn't watch. Part of that is I'm not a big Kurt fan, and I find Rachel to be a heinous cunt.

by Anonymousreply 58011/30/2012

So I hope you’re up, girl, Cuz we are all coming over Lock the doors, lower the blinds Fire up the smoke machine and put on your heels Cause I know exactly what we need Let’s have a kiki! I wanna have a kiki Lock the doors, tight Let’s have a kiki! Motherfucker I’m gonna let you have it Lets have a kiki! I wanna have a kiki Dive, turn, work Lets have a kiki! We’re gonna serve, And work and turn, and h-h-honey

by Anonymousreply 58111/30/2012

[quote]... but either Glee keeps its focus on the Glee Club in Lima, Ohio or it should just do a American Horror Story and switch location (= new high school with a new Glee club).

Personally, I would LOVE to see a Glee / American Horror Story crossover.

by Anonymousreply 58211/30/2012

The best thing about the Kiki number was SJP's glorious dress. Why she paired it with a necklace that Marie Antionette would think was ostentatious is anyone's guess. On top of that, I always thought kiki was something sexual, but I guess I'm a dummy.

by Anonymousreply 58311/30/2012

American Horror Story: McKinley High

by Anonymousreply 58412/01/2012

[quote]Why she paired it with a necklace that Marie Antionette would think was ostentatious is anyone's guess

Who said she did? Actors don't dress themselves, even SJP had Patricia Fields dressing the them on "Sex And The City".

by Anonymousreply 58512/01/2012

REALLY, R585? I thought actors and actresses brought their own wardrobe! And I thought "Glee" was a documentary! Thank you for opening my eyes! I will really see things differently now. And, btw, it's Patricia Field.

by Anonymousreply 58612/01/2012

Am I the only gay hoping the Kiki scene would finish with the Turkey Lurkey Time choreography, the bit where they dance through each other towards the end?

by Anonymousreply 58712/01/2012

[quote]Just when you thought that this show couldn't get any gayer, it features drag queens vogueing while SJP sings a Scissor Sisters song. I mean, really.

Marry me.

God help me, I LOVED the Warblers second song. I know it's a One Direction trifle but the choreography was AMAZING! (Yes, I did say that with a Taylor Lautner affectation.)

by Anonymousreply 58812/01/2012

I agree with you R580. It's just so boring... Santana snarky remarks where the highlight of the episode. And I think Santana should really get her mack on with Quinn. Totally expected that after the slapping.

by Anonymousreply 58912/01/2012

Yeah, the only parts I like are the ones where the old cast comes back, but how long can you do that? I do love that Kurt and Blaine talked, though - I'm such a sap for young, gay love.

by Anonymousreply 59012/01/2012

I also agree that the high school setting is dull at this point. We've seen them do sectionals/regionals/nationals what, four times now? Enough already. I can't bring myself to care about the new kids either.

I wish they would've put this Glee to rest and launched a spin-off focusing on the grads' futures. Throw a few more of the grads in NYC with Rachel and Kurt, amp up the gay (Let's Have a Kiki was great) and that's that.

It would make the New York parts more enjoyable if they didn't focus solely on Rachel, she's beyond insufferable by herself.

by Anonymousreply 59112/01/2012

Seeing how they try to keep the gay love male and female style as chaste as possible on Glee, I don't think they could have Santana and Quinn as a couple. Their volatility + sexual realationship would be way too hot for TV.

by Anonymousreply 59212/01/2012

R592 - that definitely would be rated M. Guess, I'll keep that idea on my dreams. And as wanking material.

by Anonymousreply 59312/02/2012

Moving away from a high school setting would kill the show, which is probably just as well.

by Anonymousreply 59412/02/2012

My favorite part of the 'KiKi' number is when Rachel jumps in with her 'Turkey Lurkey' mash-up and Sarah Jessica Parker looks at her like "What. The. Fuck."

by Anonymousreply 59512/02/2012

Who watches this crap? Oh yeah, the gays!!!!

by Anonymousreply 59612/02/2012

I could've done without the Turkey Lurkey part. Da fuck was that? Should've just done the whole Kiki number

by Anonymousreply 59712/02/2012

I want Jake and Ryder to start fucking each other. Yummy.

by Anonymousreply 59812/02/2012

Kurt's face during the Turkey Lurkey dance section looked like a marionette controlled by a drunk puppeteer.

by Anonymousreply 59912/02/2012

Haven't watched it consistently so can anyone tell me if Puck has been dumped from the show? I only ever watched it to see him but he was barely on it after Ryan Murphy turned on him. Where is he???

by Anonymousreply 60012/02/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!