Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why does Anderson Cooper stammer s much on the air when he interviews people?

"Senator Muh-muh-McCain? Cuh-cuh-can you tell us why Luh-Libya hasn't ruh-ruh-responded... "

Shouldn't he try to fix that? It's not very professional.

by Anonymousreply 7003/21/2014

False modesty.

by Anonymousreply 109/12/2012

A lot of internal conflict?

by Anonymousreply 209/12/2012

talentless

by Anonymousreply 309/12/2012

He's thinking about Levi Johnson barebacking him and making a butt baby

by Anonymousreply 409/12/2012

Gross.

by Anonymousreply 509/12/2012

Because he isn't as talented and spectacular and flawless as some of the Anderson fans think he is.

by Anonymousreply 609/12/2012

And his ridiculous speech problem where he pronounces Manhattan as "Man-Hadden", or says "buddins" for buttons, and a "car-den" of milk! Can't ANYONE suggest a speech therapist for him!

by Anonymousreply 709/13/2012

When he is trying to do a 'tough' interview he constantly interrupts people and doesn't let them finish a sentence.

Which shows poor interviewing skills. The key is to listen and follow up with a good question.

Instead he interrupts constantly to get his point across.

Why bother interviewing people? Maybe he just do commentary, since he likes to hear the sound of his own voice.

by Anonymousreply 809/13/2012

[quote]When he is trying to do a 'tough' interview he constantly interrupts people and doesn't let them finish a sentence.

I find that very annoying.

by Anonymousreply 909/13/2012

[quote]Which shows poor interviewing skills. The key is to listen and follow up with a good question.

[quote]Instead he interrupts constantly to get his point across.

I know, right? Isn't that rude?

by Anonymousreply 1009/13/2012

He's doing schtick because he thinks it makes him even more adorable.

by Anonymousreply 1109/13/2012

The AChaters are out in full force this morning. It must be because of this new pic of AC and Ben attending Gloria's art opening yesterday in Manhattan. Nothing like a recent pic of them together to stir the ugly beast that is the angry DL ACstalkerfraus!

by Anonymousreply 1209/13/2012

Why is it when people criticize his show they are called AChaters?

What is wrong with constructive criticism?

by Anonymousreply 1309/13/2012

Mom, How do we get rid of the Benderson Fraus who won't stop stalking us, like r12?

by Anonymousreply 1409/13/2012

giggle giggle I HATE HIM

by Anonymousreply 1509/13/2012

"Another pic of AC and Ben TOGETHER?!?! Please make it stop, I can't stand it anymore, I'm going to have a total meltdown!!!"

by Anonymousreply 1609/13/2012

Why is Ben standing behind AC in that photo posted by R12 like he's some kind of bodyguard, rather than part of the conversing group? That photo makes him look like he's staff, not AC's partner.

by Anonymousreply 1709/13/2012

R7 I think Anderson has said before that as a child he went to a speech therapist. Apparently it didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 1909/13/2012

Tom Brokaw couldn't cross a "t" - for years he said he was on the "Nighly News." But he's not the only one. A guy on NPR has a program called "Intersect" but the host calls it "Innersec."

by Anonymousreply 2009/13/2012

Ben knows his place in public, and it is definitely NOT at Anderson's side.

by Anonymousreply 2109/13/2012

Because his jaw is still sore.

by Anonymousreply 2209/13/2012

The exaggerated pause, uh, or delay between syllables is an old radio trick to give yourself more time to think about what words you're going to say next. Some people use it because they think it makes them sound more authentic. He did not invent the technique. He's not that smart.

by Anonymousreply 2309/13/2012

[quote]Ben knows his place in public, and it is definitely NOT at Anderson's side.

R21, if Anderson really didn't want Ben by his side in public, why would he invite him to all these events in the first place? What you say doesn't even make any sense, that's how crazy you are.

by Anonymousreply 2409/13/2012

[quote] if Anderson really didn't want Ben by his side in public, why would he invite him to all these events in the first place?

Power trip, to show him who is boss in this relationship.

by Anonymousreply 2509/13/2012

Plus you can meet any number of guys at events.

by Anonymousreply 2609/13/2012

I don't know, r24; if Anderson really wants Ben by his side in public, why is he always lurking in the background?

by Anonymousreply 2709/13/2012

Oh god I hate how Tom Brokaw talks. Mouth full of marbles. I can't understand what he's saying but Bill Maher said he enabled birthers so I don't care.

by Anonymousreply 2809/13/2012

Anybody want to take bets on which AC show gets axed first: the CNN debacle or the syndicated fiasco.

My money would go to the syndicated mess, since Katie Couric would now seem the logical place for the frauen to convene. Then, followed shortly thereafter by a major house cleaning at CNN.

Oh well, at least he'll still have 60 Minutes gig. Guess Ben will have to start peddling his ass again to keep them in the state of luxury to which they've become accustomed.

by Anonymousreply 2909/13/2012

It happens when his cockring is to tight

by Anonymousreply 3009/13/2012

[quote]Oh god I hate how Tom Brokaw talks. Mouth full of marbles

I always wonder how people like Tom "Mushmouth" Brokaw and Barbara Walters got work when they have such awful speech habits.

by Anonymousreply 3109/15/2012

Because I used to be a hawtie.

by Anonymousreply 3209/15/2012

The syndicated venture, AC has a one year commitment with those stations so it won't be cancelled any time soon.

by Anonymousreply 3309/15/2012

AC does have a stutter problem, he does that on his daytime show too.

by Anonymousreply 3409/15/2012

R8 Total turn off . like shut the fuck Up and let the person talk

by Anonymousreply 3509/15/2012

So irritating I can't listen to him

by Anonymousreply 3611/13/2012

I HATE Tom Brokaw--he not only couldn't pronounce his "t"s, r20, he swallowed his "l"s, for example the word callously would come out cawusswey. And that vile republican rant he spewed out called "Greatest Generation"--the guy is just an untalented hack and twerp and I'm sure he must have let the right people who could promote him up the NBC ladder fuck his flat ass even flatter. He is a mouthpiece for corporations and republicans. Barbara "Hi peasants" Walters is another strange example of inability to talk being promoted as just that ability (although I'm sure she was even better connected than Brokaw), almost like the novel "1984". Oprah Winfrey is another example of contrived popularity--all she did was run out on stage and scream, any 2 year old can do that. So don't be too hard on Anderson Cooper, he might just be thinking about all that Vanderbilt money he is going to get someday soon probably.

by Anonymousreply 3711/13/2012

Brokaw sounds like he hicups every 3rd word.

by Anonymousreply 3811/13/2012

No one is worse than David Letterman. How he managed to stay on the air this long is a shock. He constantly trips up during his interviews.

by Anonymousreply 3911/13/2012

Walters' is an accent that Boston Jews have--I have a colleague who grew up two blocks away from her and he speaks the exact same way.

by Anonymousreply 4011/13/2012

While AC could benefit from a speech coach, it really doesn't matter since he'll soon be dumped by CNN while his daytime show goes away. Nobody is going to hire someone whose ratings stay in the cellar.

by Anonymousreply 4111/13/2012

Letterman never DID "serious" interviews. He does a talk show but it was always more about his sarcasm, his "tricks" and his bells and whistles. In more recent years, he has mellowed considerably (gettin' old) and now aspires, some nights, to do more actual interviewing. It is rather refreshing but he is rough at it because he never DID it. Guests were always made out to be something of a punchline. This is why Cher famously called him an asshole all those years ago. The "smart" side of Dave, if there is one, is coming out in his later years.

Cooper does stutter sometimes but he makes up for it in earnestness, I think. No intellectual, though, nor does he purport to BE one. His family pedigree has carried him far. He has picked up that stick and RUN like hell with it. The fellow doesn't have to work, never did. I give him cred that he works at being a journalist (and now a failed talk show host) as much as he does. Guy has ambition, which is admirable. Seems like some of that "To whom much is given, much is expected" creed of the wealthy has been ingrained in him.

by Anonymousreply 4211/13/2012

R42 so what? Letterman is on tv, and not only is he unpleasant to look at, he's unpleasant to listen to.

by Anonymousreply 4311/13/2012

Can you cure a stammer? I've noticed I sort of developed one after a trauma. (I was beat up.) I've been noticing I say um, before a lot of sentences.

by Anonymousreply 4411/14/2012

Someone's angry that AC and his bf were getting affectionate at the Madonna concert last night so now they're doing their usual thing of digging up old critical AC threads in the hopes that AC haters on DL will pile on and trash him. This is how they manage their anger and bitterness when they encounter MORE proof that AC loves his man and will NEVER leave him.

by Anonymousreply 4511/14/2012

He's done; people are seeing him for the no-talent that he is. CNN's going to push him aside any minute.

by Anonymousreply 4611/14/2012

and please get rid of Piers too, CNN

by Anonymousreply 4711/14/2012

I agree. It is very annoying. It strikes me as a lack of self-confidence. In any event, he is not a very strong interviewer...he seems weak and doesn't ask strong meaningful questions--and even when he does, he seems drowned in low self-esteem. But he is physically atrractive.

by Anonymousreply 4811/14/2012

His giggle is like MUSIC!

by Anonymousreply 4911/14/2012

Aaron Brown??? Yeah, BIG career for HiM after CNN. NOW it's funny.

by Anonymousreply 5011/14/2012

I wish I was Ben.

by Anonymousreply 5111/14/2012

He's a Vanderbilt. Everyone else should adjust their ears to the stammer.

by Anonymousreply 5211/14/2012

It's even m m m m more annoying wh wh wh when an actress u u u uses it as a technique!

by Anonymousreply 5311/14/2012

He's a pathetic person. He gets fucked by bought meat and can't speak right. Oh, and his show got cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 5411/14/2012

R54 just accept that he wants Ben and nog you and move on. You sound sad.

by Anonymousreply 5511/14/2012

sprained tongue?

by Anonymousreply 5611/14/2012

R54 has a sprained brain.

by Anonymousreply 5711/14/2012

R45 explained it perfectly. Funny how a new Benderson sighting never fails to send the haters into a feeding frenzy on DL.

by Anonymousreply 5811/14/2012

HIs Daddy was gay too, you know, but I don't remember if he stammered.

by Anonymousreply 5911/14/2012

Like giving an albino Porky Pig a news show.

by Anonymousreply 6002/07/2014

I think we can all give Anderson Cooper a break, and the other broadcasters who don't have perfect diction. That said, a word of caution to the producers for the shows AC and other folks are on: record them on-air and view and listen to the tape to catch flaws and then correct them. This is broadcasting 101. Good luck to them all!

And if I may, folks who are "anonymous" and hide behind the anonymity to spew vitriol about folks are not advancing the civility of the web and, for that matter, our society. Would you say those things to a person's face? Thanks for your consideration. Note that I'm only using my first name for privacy purposes, but am not using "anonymous."

by Anonymousreply 6103/13/2014

NPR's David Greene does excellent interviews when he has prepared for them in advance on "Morning Edition." When it comes to talking to someone about breaking news, he stutters and stammers all the way to Hell and back.

by Anonymousreply 6203/13/2014

[quote]I think we can all give Anderson Cooper a break, and the other broadcasters who don't have perfect diction.

Why do any of them deserve a break? Listen to the news people like Edward R. Murrow, Charles Kuralt, Walter Cronkite, Huntley and Brinkley. They all spoke proper English with no stammer and stutter. Some of today's news people should never have been hired.

by Anonymousreply 6303/20/2014

Well, I think it's because he's got more ambition than talent but I'm sure the fan club will hunt me down for saying it.

by Anonymousreply 6403/20/2014

Wolf Blitzer is by far the worst offender. His "uhhh….uhhh…uhhhs" drive me insane.

by Anonymousreply 6503/20/2014

Why does Steve Kornacki stammer so much? Anderson has paved the way for others to stutter and stammer through entire shows.

by Anonymousreply 6603/21/2014

Steve Kornacki has the diction of an 80 year old Jewish man crippled by neurosis.

by Anonymousreply 6703/21/2014

AC also says Wimbleton.

by Anonymousreply 6803/21/2014

Any nice pics of AC and Ben? Haven't seen any in awhile...

by Anonymousreply 6903/21/2014

When he says "During" It sounds like "Juring" he does have some type of speech problem just pronoucing words differently

by Anonymousreply 7003/21/2014
Need more help? Click Here.