Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Who made the film that lead to the outrage?

Okay, so the photo that was released a few hours ago showing Egyptian protesters in Guy Fawkes masks that had press passes visible in the photos. Then this-

-----

News reports have indicated that the film mocking the Prophet Muhammad, that has resulted in outrage in the Muslim world and the attack on the U.S. embassy in Libya resulting in the death of U.S. Ambassador Stevens, was made by Sam Bacile. But is there really such a person?

U.K.'s Daily Mail reports: A search is on for the man behind the 'blasphemous' film that branded Mohammed a fraud, pedophile and a womaniser and sparked deadly protests after records apparently reveal he does not exist.

The producer, whose movie led to demonstrations that left the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other American officials dead on Tuesday, claimed he was an Israeli Jew named Sam Bacile and living in California.

But his identity began to crumble as it emerged Israeli authorities had no records of him being a citizen, and there were no property, phone, license or court records of Bacile in California. Despite claiming he had spent $5 million on the film, he also has virtually no footprint in the Hollywood community, has no agent listed on IMDBPro and no credits on any film or TV production.

Steve Klein, a consultant for the film, told the National that Bacile is not Israeli or Jewish and is in fact working under a pseudonym - but he does not know the man's real name.

It raises questions over the real identity of the man behind the 'offensive' film and his motives for creating a movie that promised to spark outrage - and death.

He claimed the two-hour movie cost $5 million and was financed with the help of more than 100 Jewish donors, who believe the film will help his native land by exposing Islam's flaws to the world.

The film "released" into the Muslim world on 9-11  is clearly designed to enrage the Muslim world, sort of like the way the 9-11 attacks enraged many in the U.S.

And now the filmmaker turns out to be a mystery man. Very interesting.Â

by Anonymousreply 6001/29/2013

Who translated it from English to Arabic in less than 24 hrs? Who pushed it on YouTube? Who financed it? Who are the actors?

by Anonymousreply 109/12/2012

mossad's fingerprints all over this...

by Anonymousreply 209/12/2012

No, this is too sloppy for Mossad.

The actors are identifiable and it's going to unravel. It's been less than 12 hours (in News Time) yet people are asking very dangerous questions.

Watch the media drop this story like a hot potato.

by Anonymousreply 309/12/2012

[quote]That usally pisses off the muzzies.

Please do not use religious epithets. I understand anger about recent events. But name calling makes things worse.

by Anonymousreply 609/12/2012

Why did the Egyptian protesters wear Guy Faux masks? How very "mainstream" and totally misguided of them.

by Anonymousreply 709/12/2012

As you can tell, I've been following this story today with incredulity.

Who had a motive for releasing it (and being able to ensure that it goes viral) on 9/11 and creating pretext for more intervention?

Cui bono?

by Anonymousreply 809/12/2012

Christian activist tells Atlantic writer that Sam Bacile is a pseudonym and the man behind the name is not Israeli.

by Anonymousreply 909/12/2012

This is juicy and it certainly won't end well.

by Anonymousreply 1009/12/2012

And of course the film portrays you-know-who as a homosexual because that is the absolute worst thing the hate mongering filmmaker could think of to call him.

A bigot is a bigot is a bigot.

by Anonymousreply 1109/12/2012

Are Romney's people stupid enough to do this in an attempt to make history repeat - when Reagan beat Carter because of the whole Iran shitstorm?

by Anonymousreply 1209/12/2012

$18 says that it is a vocal Southern Babtist behind the movie.

by Anonymousreply 1309/12/2012

s/b Baptist *I can't see what I'm typing on Safari

by Anonymousreply 1509/12/2012

I just assumed you were from the south R13/15. That's the way we pronounce it down here.

by Anonymousreply 1609/12/2012

Funny, R16. I read it too and didn't even notice the spelling.

by Anonymousreply 1709/12/2012

Interesting article:

by Anonymousreply 1809/12/2012

R14, when I read the word Muzzie, my reaction is not that the writer is anti-religion. My reaction is that the writer is a xenophobic ignoramus.

by Anonymousreply 1909/12/2012

Gawker has a piece about an actress in the film.

by Anonymousreply 2009/12/2012

It's still better than any Christopher Nolan movie.

by Anonymousreply 2109/12/2012

r

by Anonymousreply 2209/12/2012

Related to the topic:

by Anonymousreply 2309/12/2012

They need only look for the earrings

and the Caftans!

by Anonymousreply 2409/12/2012

Don't the $¢1ento$ have a film studio somewhere out in the SoCal desert?

by Anonymousreply 2509/12/2012

Obama

by Anonymousreply 2609/12/2012

The lead consultant on the film is former CIA.

by Anonymousreply 2709/13/2012

see other thread

by Anonymousreply 2809/13/2012

[quote] Don't the $¢1ento$ have a film studio somewhere out in the SoCal desert?

Not in Santa Clarita. If they did it would be near Hemet, where they have a big presence.

by Anonymousreply 2909/13/2012

He's a convicted federal felon who was ordered to stay away from computers and the internet for five years as a condition of his probation, so the Feds can take him in for parole violations. They need to do this right away.

Here's yet another thread that has some more info.

by Anonymousreply 3009/13/2012

jewish?

by Anonymousreply 3109/13/2012

No, silly. He's a Muslim-demonizing, Jew-scapegoating Christian.

by Anonymousreply 3209/13/2012

The whole "it was financed by 100 Jews" sounds like it comes from a Medieval, Eastern European folktale.

by Anonymousreply 3309/13/2012

Jesus

by Anonymousreply 3409/13/2012

Yes R11, Muslims do think homosexuals are horrible which is why we are put to death in most Muslim countries.

by Anonymousreply 3509/14/2012

Juan Cole is always on the inside track...

"But the story gets more complex. Nakoula had Coptic and evangelical associates in the shooting of the film, including Steve Klein, a former Marine and current extremist Christian who has helped train militiamen in California churches and has led “protests outside abortion clinics, Mormon temples and mosques.” My guess is that most of the Egyptian Copts involved are converts to American-style fundamentalism.

The Egyptian Coptic church has roundly condemned the hateful film they made smearing the Prophet Muhammad.

Anyway, the bigotry of the edited film, directed at Muslims, is part of a movement of religious prejudice that also targets . . . Mormons.

Mitt Romney may want to rethink his ‘visceral’ reaction to the US embassy in Cairo’s tweet condemning the group’s hate speech."

by Anonymousreply 3609/14/2012

Looks like the guy was a Coptic Christian. Outrage the Muslims and blame it on the Jews. Nice.

by Anonymousreply 3709/14/2012

Actually, the AP had that inside track about 12 hours ago.

by Anonymousreply 3809/14/2012

[quote]Israeli Jew

As opposed to a...what? Israeli Palenstinian?

[quote]named Sam Bacile

Sounds a lot like "imbecile", especially if you pronounce it Frenchly.

by Anonymousreply 3909/14/2012

Juan Cole is the go-to insider that even AP checks in with...

by Anonymousreply 4009/14/2012

has anyone seem the film?

by Anonymousreply 4109/14/2012

It wouldn't shock me if the Republicans were behind this. Romney is even using the incident to attack Obama. GOP fingerprints are all over this. This all thing seems Karl-Rove-esque.

by Anonymousreply 4209/14/2012

If anyone likes to stir up the muslims it's the reghugs.

by Anonymousreply 4309/14/2012

Nakoula Nakoula (aka Sam Basile) is a convicted crystal meth manufacturer, like on Breaking Bad.

by Anonymousreply 4409/14/2012

How could this be advantageous to Rove et al. when Romney went on the attack and was swiftly and roundly criticized even by those in his own party? Did Rove anticipate that Romney would play it right? That Romney would follow the lead of other past presidential candidates and keep mum about ongoing foreign crisis and back the President? And then hope the Middle East blew up? I think Rove would make sure that Romney didn't fuck up if he were behind it.

I could see Adelson's people funneling money to the shady, but stupid CA neocon Christians chomping at the bit for their cause. These two groups have mutual biblical interests (I've forgotten what they are because they were non-sensiscal when I read them, but the fundies love the Zionists). I think Rove would be much slicker and employ professionals.

I mean this Sam Bacile/Nakoula Bassesley Nakoula character was either dumber than a box of rocks or crazy like a fox. His own actions guaranteed that he would be found and found quickly. Maybe the Adelson people found the perfect patsy in him. He's a convicted felon who'd just gotten out of Federal prison, he had previously owed huge back taxes and had liens on his property and, I imagine, employment prospects weren't bright. It's hard to say what his ties to the Coptic Christian community were since he was a professional con man and they quickly disavowed him today. So, basically, he was a man adrift and he could be easily bought for the right $$$, even if it meant going back to the federal pen for parole violations.

by Anonymousreply 4509/14/2012

Hahaha, on top of the bank fraud charges?! Jesus, the right wing nutters found themselves a peach!

by Anonymousreply 4609/14/2012

Many men want to start a war. It's the ultimate power trip.

by Anonymousreply 4709/14/2012

exactly

by Anonymousreply 4809/14/2012

VICE has done some excellent work tracking down other players in the "Mohammed" film. If this was a CIA or Mossad operation using cutouts to distance themselves from the film, they have done an excellent job. You want cutouts to be so flaky that you really can't know for sure why they did anything. This sure fits this crew.

Of course, we all know Nakoula Bassely Nakoula (possibly using the alias Sam Bacile) is a former fraudster. Now VICE introduces us to Robert Alan Brown, who possibly uses the aliases Robert  Brownell and Alan B. Robert. And then VICE manages to get an interview with another person involved with the film, Jimmy Israel, who was born Jewish and states that he is now "mostly" Buddhist.

If you are really bored with your life, this article will give you a reason to live another day.

Make your choice, A. the CIA/Mossad is getting good at what they do, or B. these guys are just real fruitcakes. That is gets dubbed into Arabic on 9-11 suggests choice A.

by Anonymousreply 4909/15/2012

What is "VICE"?

by Anonymousreply 5209/15/2012

Oh look, the jeebus lovin hypocrite bigot at r50 and r51 made time to post before sunday church.

by Anonymousreply 5309/15/2012

VICE is an international answer to Rolling Stone, and has serious journalistic creds.

by Anonymousreply 5409/15/2012

Time for your meds, R50/51.

by Anonymousreply 5509/15/2012

The movie discussed in a very 'Datalounge' type way:

by Anonymousreply 5609/16/2012

The very first sentence of the ED entry is wrong.

by Anonymousreply 5709/16/2012

So, the producer was a government stooge-

From WIRED mag-

"In recent days, we’ve learned that Nakoula used 14 different aliases — including “P.J. Tobacco” and “Kritbag Difrat” — in a complex check kiting scheme. We’ve learned that Nakoula was sentenced to 21 months in federal custody for the affair. According to The Smoking Gun, Nakoula was released from the the United States Penitentiary in Lompoc, California in September, 2010. He spent the following nine months in and out of a halfway house in Long Beach. Unnamed officials tell ABC News he wrote the script for the film, which depicts the prophet Muhammad as a thug and a child molester, while in prison.

"The punishment was relatively gentle, even though it wasn’t Nakoula’s first encounter with the law. That’s because Nakoula had decided to become a federal informant.

“I am sorry for what happened. Now I know it was wrong. I decide to cooperate with the government to retrieve some of those mistakes,” Nakoula told Judge Christina Snyder in June of 2010, according to a sentencing transcript obtained by The Smoking Gun."

by Anonymousreply 5809/16/2012

I noticed how Clinton refused to acknowledge that this film was the alleged spark for Benghazi.

These people are evil. Obama, Bohner, Cantor, Clinton...they are all just shills for the new Nazi party, USA style.

by Anonymousreply 5901/29/2013

r59 you're crazy dude. What is it like to live in your mind so full of conspiracy theories. Get out of your mind and back to reality.

Let me guess, you're a 9-11 truther.

by Anonymousreply 6001/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.