Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Minneapolis real estate....

Is there a particular older neighborhood with a high concentration of gays?

What's the best place to live near U of M?

Any thoughts, suggestions, flames appreciated...

by Anonymousreply 2302/14/2013

[quote]Is there a particular older neighborhood with a high concentration of gays?

Gays are pretty well integrated in many neighborhoods in both cities, as well as many first-ring suburbs.

[quote]What's the best place to live near U of M?

Don't do it. The roads are always under construction, and there are some rough neighborhoods in that area.

MTM 'lived' in what is now known as the 'crack stacks.'

by Anonymousreply 109/11/2012

"The Oxford area is the toniest neighborhood in town, with the most amount of gays."

Well OP, it's you girl, and you should know it. With each glance and every little movement you show it. You're gonna make it after all.

by Anonymousreply 309/11/2012

Ha ha!

by Anonymousreply 409/11/2012

It's Lowry Hill East and Whittier that are gay central. Technically they will tell you "Loring Park" but this is really too small to be considered an actual neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 509/12/2012

I used to live on Beard Ave.

by Anonymousreply 609/12/2012

The warehouse district is gay too.

by Anonymousreply 709/12/2012

Macalester College, St. Paul. All gay all the time.

by Anonymousreply 809/12/2012

I'm more interested in high concentrations of great houses than random gays, so Summit Avenue is my choice.

by Anonymousreply 909/12/2012

For folks in Minneapolis - if you're familiar with the Autoworld chain, the owners are on the board of the MN teavangelical group headed by Tom Emmer and pushing the anti same-sex marriage amendment.

by Anonymousreply 1009/13/2012

looking for a spot where I can get fucked by black muscle hunks?

by Anonymousreply 1109/13/2012

Is it true this city is the WeHo / Chelsea for flyovers? How are the men?

by Anonymousreply 1211/19/2012

Linden Hills is full of upscale gays.

by Anonymousreply 1311/19/2012

[quote]MTM 'lived' in what is now known as the 'crack stacks.'

The MTM house is in the Lake 'O The Isles neighborhood. Hardly the "crack stacks." Have you ever BEEN to Mpls?

by Anonymousreply 1411/19/2012

St. Paul around Macalester College is a real good choice. Summit is just a block away.

by Anonymousreply 1511/19/2012

[quote]I'm more interested in high concentrations of great houses than random gays, so Summit Avenue is my choice.

Summit Hill is in Saint Paul, not Minneapolis.

And yes, there IS a difference.

by Anonymousreply 1611/19/2012

Is there any place in Minneapolis that is good for cross-dressing pretty and delicate light-skinned black men?

by Anonymousreply 1711/19/2012

R14, he's talking about Mary's high rise apt.

by Anonymousreply 1811/19/2012

I have an in the closet friend there...and he has some in the closet fwbs. They all live in different parts of Minneapolis though.

by Anonymousreply 1911/19/2012

For big houses, Minneapolis has Lake of the Isles and Kenwood, but also Clifton Ave., Minneapolis' answer to Summit.

In the South are Tangletown and the very private Red Cedar Lane.

Older districts around Washburn-Fair Oaks Park and Park Ave. in Phillips still have a few survivors of more prosperous times.

by Anonymousreply 2011/19/2012

While you're in Minneapolis, OP, go visit Louise Erdrich's cool bookstore.

by Anonymousreply 2111/20/2012

Bump for the weho of flyover land!

by Anonymousreply 2202/14/2013

R14 - I think he meant MTM's second apt. The first one, with Rhoda and Phyliss was near the lakes. The second, the high rise, is in what is now not the greatest part of town.

by Anonymousreply 2302/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.