Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Boycott NBC

I just read that the moment of silence for the victims of 9/11 was not shown on The Today Show. What did they show instead??????? An interview with the mother whore Kardashian promoting the new season of the shitfest and her new breasts. This is the lowest of the low and they must be punished for their disrespect. Who the hell makes these decisions????? I am so angry, so mortified. Let's send these scumbags a message by not watching their crap! Do not watch any of their programs and spread the word.

by Anonymousreply 2510/06/2013

And just how many years are we supposed to keep picking at the scab of 9/11?

by Anonymousreply 109/11/2012

Sorry OP, but anytime someone starts a rant with the words "I just read that..." my bullshit detector goes into red alert.

by Anonymousreply 209/11/2012

How angry are you?????????????????

by Anonymousreply 309/11/2012

Actually The Kardashians were the worst attack on America since 9/11.

by Anonymousreply 409/11/2012

what are you talking about? I had the Today Show on and yes, they did cut away to the moment of silence.

by Anonymousreply 509/11/2012

If what you read is true, OP, it's just an indication that not everyone is obsessed with the 11th anniversary of a tragic, albeit not entirely unpredictable event. There's another posting or thread to the effect that no one observed the 10th anniversary of Pearl Harbor. Certainly no one observed the 11th anniversary thereof.

How did you mark the date last December 7?

by Anonymousreply 609/11/2012

Wait, I'm confused. How can you boycott something that is already being ignored?

by Anonymousreply 709/11/2012

[quote]How did you mark the date last December 7?

I cant speak for OP, but I commemorate December 7th the same way every year. I get bombed on a pitcher of gin kamikazes resulting in a hang-over that lives on in infamy.

by Anonymousreply 809/11/2012

I read it on TV Newser on Why would they be so stupid as to print something like that?

by Anonymousreply 909/11/2012

Freeper fundie cunts have taken over 9/11

by Anonymousreply 1009/11/2012

How to Cover the 11th Anniversary of 9/11?

The pain, the outrage, the loss – these never fade. The amount of journalism, however, must. This is the 11th anniversary of Sept. 11, 2001 – that infamous date in the history of New York, the nation and the world. Last year, on the 10th anniversary, The Times produced a huge special treatment – an elaborate Web presence and an ambitious special section, along with major stories on the days leading up to the anniversary.

This year, coverage in The Times will be far more muted, largely confined to news stories, like Sunday’s front-page story about the infighting among politicians over the future of ground zero, and coverage of the reading of names.

Is that enough to satisfy readers’ sense of what is appropriate? Does it fulfill the journalistic responsibility to note an important date?

And, if not, what are the alternatives? Although the intensity and the relative recentness of 9/11 bring their own set of issues, this is not a new discussion.

You might call it “anniversary journalism.” Every year, the anniversary of D-Day, the commemoration of Veterans Day and other important dates cause journalists to try to find the right balance between what readers think is appropriate and necessary and the lack of any actual news to drive the coverage.

Often, other than the local events surrounding an anniversary, there isn’t always much to say that is original. Yet, readers, understandably, want the dates remembered in a substantial way.

I talked to two key editors at The Times about the quandary.

“Some anniversaries offer a natural reflection point,” said Carolyn Ryan, the metropolitan editor. Last year’s 10th anniversary of 9/11 surely fit that category. “In subsequent years, we do have to mark these moments, but it will be in a more modest way.”

In every case, though, editors try to let news events or developments dictate how much news coverage an event will get – and sometimes that has nothing to do with a round number.

Two years ago, for example, on the ninth anniversary, there was major 9/11 coverage because of a controversy over whether an Islamic community center would be built near the site. That story led The Times’s front page during the anniversary week.

This year, editors say, coverage will be modest. A story today describes what is happening around the city. Wednesday’s paper will offer coverage of the reading of the names, an event at which emotional photos are very likely. One of those could easily earn its way to the front page, as editors evaluate the images of the day.

There is an important sense of duty about it, said Wendell Jamieson, the deputy metropolitan editor, but also an effort to bring something new to the readership.

“You look for an angle that has news value,” he said, “and you ask can we mark this day in a creative, exciting and journalistically meaningful way.”

by Anonymousreply 1109/11/2012

Mediabistro? Ugh. Was Free Republic too liberal for you?

[quote]Actually The Kardashians were the worst attack on America since 9/11.

I think the Turks were onto something.

by Anonymousreply 1209/11/2012

R6, Sad to say but most people aren't familiar with "Pearl Harbor Day."

by Anonymousreply 1309/11/2012

I think MSNBC did a 9/11 special this morning.

by Anonymousreply 1409/11/2012

We are celebrating the day by counting all the dollars we made from the fake war we shoved down America's throat.

Thanks for the trillions! Were indebted to you taxpayers!

by Anonymousreply 1509/11/2012

Datalounge sweetheart Ann Curry was reporting from Syria this morning.

by Anonymousreply 1609/11/2012

Kardashian + 9/11 = no one gives a shit anymore.

by Anonymousreply 1709/11/2012

OP = Ann Curry

by Anonymousreply 1809/11/2012

OP, are you a member of OMM? Because you sure sound like you are.

by Anonymousreply 2009/11/2012

OP's profession obviously is authoring Fw: Fw: Fwd emails.

by Anonymousreply 2109/11/2012

The veins in her breasts were so blue that day.

by Anonymousreply 2209/11/2012

OP, keep on trollin'!

by Anonymousreply 2309/11/2012

Instead, can I just boycott the Kuntrashians?

by Anonymousreply 2410/06/2013

r6 Every December 7th I get so confused, that I attack Pearl Bailey.

by Anonymousreply 2510/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!