Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Patrick Wilson

He's made some odd choices in movie roles, but has been good in everything I've seen him in. I would think he'd get a better pick of roles. What's his story?

by Anonymousreply 5809/14/2013

He's handsome, and has a lovely singing voice, and he can genuinely act. But he doesn't have a lot of charisma. He is sort of like a Ralph Bellamy or a Don Ameche for the 21st century. It's hard to remember what he looks like when his picture isn't in front of you.

by Anonymousreply 109/10/2012

failed at TV...

by Anonymousreply 209/10/2012

He was great in the recent Bway production of ALL MY SONS, which was inexplicably critically blasted. It was really really good.

by Anonymousreply 309/10/2012

He really isn't that great an actor.

by Anonymousreply 409/10/2012

He has one of the best looking asses I've ever seen. I could eat him for hours.

by Anonymousreply 509/10/2012

And yet, r4, I repeat: he was extremely touching in ALL MY SONS.

by Anonymousreply 609/10/2012

Thanks. I'll have to check out All My Sons.

by Anonymousreply 709/10/2012

It was a play r7...It closed like 5 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 809/10/2012

AMAZING ASS!

by Anonymousreply 909/10/2012

No screen presence. At all. Plays bland very well, though. See: Little Children.

by Anonymousreply 1009/10/2012

Hard Candy.

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 1109/10/2012

He's bland and losing his looks.

by Anonymousreply 1209/10/2012

Fabulous in "Little Children" and "Angels in America". But he does play those characters that fade into the background, the everyman.

by Anonymousreply 1309/10/2012

Why, R14?

by Anonymousreply 1509/10/2012

Angels in America

Watchmen

by Anonymousreply 1609/10/2012

Pretty guy and he seems to be nice. But pretty and nice doesn't really cut it in Hollywood. Pretty, drugged, and ruthless on the other hand ...

by Anonymousreply 1709/10/2012

I was mesmerized by him in 'Little Children' because he captured that late 20s through mid 30s white guy angst perfectly. You watched him and believed.

by Anonymousreply 1809/10/2012

He can sing. Is the right age for Zaza. And, as R. 17 put it, is "Pretty" for the role. Would look beautiful in drag.

by Anonymousreply 1909/10/2012

Zaza is a baritone role.

by Anonymousreply 2009/10/2012

Zaza's role is not written in stone.

Another good Zaza would be Hugh Jackman.

by Anonymousreply 2109/10/2012

"Fabulous in "Little Children" and "Angels in America". But he does play those characters that fade into the background, the everyman."

In other words he cares about giving a good performance more than standing out by creating a splash and making an impact on the millions who wouldn't know good acting if it came up behind them and suprise a-nailed them. He's the exact opposite of Tom Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 2209/10/2012

I loved him in Hard Candy. I think the way he underplays roles worked well in that movie. And I don't mean 'underplay' in a bad way - he seems to play within the same range, but it works well for him as long as it's the right type of role. His best roles seem to be 'man in angst', and his subtlety in those types of roles is great.

by Anonymousreply 2309/10/2012

I would love his "hard candy."

by Anonymousreply 2409/10/2012

He's attractive in an "every day guy" sort of way. Frankly, I find him sexy as shit.

by Anonymousreply 2509/10/2012

I don't think Zaza is supposed to look pretty in drag.

by Anonymousreply 2609/10/2012

r26

Hush your mouth!

by Anonymousreply 2709/10/2012

How old IS Albin meant to be? Is it in the script? I'd love to see a film but with older actors. Like Christopher Plummer, but about 15 years younger.

And yeah, R22, I posted the comment you quotes. That's exactly what I meant, he doesn't go for the flashy roles, and I don't think they would suit him either. Even his small part in Prometheus was very low key.

by Anonymousreply 2809/10/2012

Albin/Zazas can be as young as 40 as old as 65.

And, as is the case in the photo with John Barrowman and John BarrowWOMAN, quite beautiful, too.

Patrick Wilson would also be a beauty as Zaza.

by Anonymousreply 2909/10/2012

He's so milquetoast. Joe Pitt should never have been so milquetoast.

by Anonymousreply 3009/10/2012

Where did this "feets" business come from? mlop?

by Anonymousreply 3209/10/2012

HUGE round buns and enormous cock

by Anonymousreply 3409/10/2012

Maybe he feets lovers and tranny lovers can have it both ways if Patrick Wilson "drags his feet"?

by Anonymousreply 3509/10/2012

"HUGE round buns"

Are they truly round and huge? In Little Children, I think it's partly the angle and the thrusting, while in other roles they don't seem big or very round.

by Anonymousreply 3609/10/2012

r36

See The Full Monty

by Anonymousreply 3709/10/2012

He's about to do a film with Alec Baldwin based on a cult classic trilogy by pulp writer Charlie Huston.

"A Dangerous Man" is one of the nastiest ,grittiest NY crime novels I've ever read. If Wilson can pull this classic "innocent guy in the wrong place" role off, he's got his choice of roles for the rest of his career.

When I read it, however, I immediately thought of Jon Hamm. So he's got his work cut out for him.

by Anonymousreply 3809/10/2012

Just saw him in Young Adult as the object of Charlize Theron's stalking. He was bland in that too. Nice looking man but no charisma about sums it up.

by Anonymousreply 3909/10/2012

It's great Patrick Wilson cares about the giving a good performance; but having star quality in front of cameras is something you either have or you don't. Yes, Tom Cruise has it, and so does Julia Roberts, and neither is a particularly talented actor: however, many superb actors, like Barbara Stanwyck and Bette Davis and Paul Newman, also had it. And there are many other talented actors besides Patrick Wilson who also did not or do not have star quality in front of the camera and who did not really make it as bankable movie stars: Carrie Snodgress, Mary Martin, Zero Mostel, Julie Harris, Raul Esparza, Peter Gallagher.

It's not all about trying hard or even looking great (Marie Dressler, one of the biggest stars in Hollywood in the early 30s, was hideously ugly, and so was Wallace Beery). Some people just are riveting on camera, and some people are not.

by Anonymousreply 4009/10/2012

Bump

by Anonymousreply 4109/10/2012

[quote]Hard Candy. That is all.

This. There is a sickening sexiness to him in that film. He's playing a perv, but seeing him all tied up and begging for his life was hot.

And, his dick may be as big as Jon Hamm's if seeing him in that red thong in The Full Monty is any indication.

by Anonymousreply 4209/10/2012

It would be a real shame if those cocksucker lips were wasted!

by Anonymousreply 4309/11/2012

Lush lips just waiting for bright red lipstick -- and my lips.

by Anonymousreply 4409/11/2012

Just watched Prometheus and was surprised that he made a cameo appearance.

by Anonymousreply 4609/11/2012

I'm a Wilson fan and didn't even notice he was in 'Prometheus'?! But then I can't take my eyes off Fassbender in a movie so maybe that's why I didn't notice. The film was mind-numbingly dull .

Wilson's the William Holden of today. Clean All-American look, sexy without hitting you over the head with it and a damn good actor. Just like Holden and just like Holden he needs a Billy Wilder-type director to get him to the next level. Sadly there aren't those kind of directors left.

by Anonymousreply 4709/11/2012

I agree, R42 - where he's tied up in Hard Candy and getting all mad and violent - totally made me hot in a very bad way.

by Anonymousreply 4809/11/2012

r. 45

Yes, he would look good in drag. She look at a few of his photos in which his hair is long. Imagine makeup and women's clothes.

I'll be he could pass as a woman. He's a good enough actor, too.

by Anonymousreply 4909/12/2012

I know someone who knows Patrick. Nice guy and very gay friendly.

In fact, I heard he wants to play Albin/Zaza in a movie musical version of La Cage Aux Folles and would, if asked!

by Anonymousreply 5009/12/2012

Love him although I've been watching Gifted Man on Netflix and it's awful. I cannot believe Jonathan Demme produced this farfetched mess of a series.

by Anonymousreply 5111/23/2012

A really nice guy. I met him a few times while my brother was working on Full Monty with him. Very genuine and unassuming, and treats everyone on the crew and production staff well. He has a great deal of personal drive (was shooting Angels at the same time he was appearing as Curly in Oklahoma. Unfortunately, he believed the advice that he should go Hollywood (The Alamo, anyone)?

by Anonymousreply 5211/23/2012

Patrick should star as Albin/Zaza in the movie MUSICAL version of La Cage Aux Folles. He's approaching the right age. And it might just be his star-making vehicle.

by Anonymousreply 5311/23/2012

Patrick did look effeminate with long hair in the Alamo -- almost "Pretty."

by Anonymousreply 5411/24/2012

Anyone have feets photos of Patrick Wilson with or without socks? They're hard to find.

TIA.

by Anonymousreply 5511/24/2012

"Patrick Wilson is going to be signing autographs and having his pic taken with fans at the Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS on 9/22 in Times Square. from 10-7"

by Anonymousreply 5609/14/2013

[quote]Another good Zaza would be Hugh Jackman.

Honey, there isn't enough depilatory in the universe for that.

by Anonymousreply 5709/14/2013

damn he looks good in that red thong

his ugly ass polish wife is lucky

wonder if she married him for papers?

by Anonymousreply 5809/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.