Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

SLOTS on Grindr

A friend is on Grindr with an empty profile (no pic, etc). He just likes to check out who might be on, etc.

Anywhoooooo ... suddenly about a week ago, the word SLOTS appeared above where his picture would be (I said it should say SLUT ...ha ha) ... and he's started getting responses (which never happened since his profile was 'empty'.

Anyone know what this is about ? I thought maybe there are now 'bots' in the Grindr app and I told him to respond to one and maybe he'd get something back saying "Meet Thousands Of Men In Your Area ... Join blah, blah, blah"

Thanks for any information you might have !!

by Anonymousreply 703/03/2013

Anyone ?

by Anonymousreply 109/09/2012

I'd have told you, but the way you claim "a friend" wants to know is so lame I can't stop laughing.

by Anonymousreply 209/09/2012

Can you sign up for Grindr without a pic? I thought that was the whole point?

by Anonymousreply 309/09/2012

So your a SLOT too, r2?

by Anonymousreply 409/09/2012

No, R4, but you're a good person to be so concerned over "a friend's" account on Grindr.

by Anonymousreply 509/09/2012

OP here ... swear it is a friend. I don't even have Grindr. Funny story. He did a search for 'Slots on Grindr' and it came up to this posting. He knew I had posted it because of the 'slut' refernce.

by Anonymousreply 609/09/2012

I'm experiencing the same thing. It started in the last week. I removed all info from my profile. I tried deleted my photo, but there is no option to do so. Instead, I replaced it with a picture of a background. That's when I started getting these hits. First a greeting. When I respond, I get this "I've just been working out and now I'm horny as hell... lol..." I've blocked two of them. When I do, they were still able to message me.

by Anonymousreply 703/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.