Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"So You Think You Can Dance"

Is this show over? I haven't seen any threads for it on the DL this season - this despite the fact that all but one of the guys this season is gay. Surely someone lusts after Chehon's blatino meat and butt, or wants to poke fun at Cole's Asian nega-crotch?

by Anonymousreply 4609/24/2013

I'll bump this for you, OP. Surely we can't be the only ones still watching this...

by Anonymousreply 109/09/2012

Chehon the Swiss Miss cries over every little thing. He has the most beautiful body I've ever seen on this show, though... I hope some guy is working those massive pecs and eating that musky, pert ass.

by Anonymousreply 209/09/2012

Chehon loves to fucked

by Anonymousreply 309/09/2012

What, R3?

Cole has no dick at all. His mother says that he was teased when younger, and she blames it on his eccentric personality. Look at his crotch during any given routine, though. I think he was teased because he's so amazingly vaginal.

by Anonymousreply 409/09/2012

Does anyone watch Lythgoe's other dance show on Ovation called "A Chance to Dance"? I find it very entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 509/14/2012

I'm so happy that Kian won! He deserves it.

Cyrus is butt ugly and his style of dance is horrible. Never liked him.

The girls I just didn't care for them.

Eliana looks like a horse with those giant TEETH.

by Anonymousreply 609/19/2012

Can someone start a new thread for the new season? The guys are all really hot this year.

by Anonymousreply 706/18/2013

Actually, at first glance, I think they have a decently broad range of dancers this year.

I am, however, already annoyed by the judges' obvious biases already present.

by Anonymousreply 806/18/2013

Is it me of does interest in this show seem to be seriously low this year. Even the TWOP message boards are dead.

Where did the love go?

by Anonymousreply 907/03/2013

I haven't checked it out this year (yet?) OP. I used to be a big fan of the show -- thought they had some extremely talented dancers along the way.

DL never seemed to go for it though. They somehow preferred DWTS which I've never watched. I have tuned in, and although I'm sure they've probably had some decent performers, all the celebs I've seen have always looked so incredibly ungainly. Some real clompers.

I guess the show (like every other reality show ever televised) just got so formulaic and Mary and Nigel can really work a person's nerves.

How's the cast this year? Any serious manmeat?

by Anonymousreply 1007/03/2013

The big tapdancer Aaron Turner looks like he could be packing. Tucker Knox as well, perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 1107/04/2013

I think they have a great group of dancers but Uncle Nigel is already playing manipulator with the cast by cutting two very talented dancers so they could keep diversity over talent. Nigel seems to go out of his way every season to keep more hip hop / krumping / urban dance styles in the competition longer, even if it means axing better dancers along the way. Which is odd because historically, he hasn't extended that need for diversity to tappers, whom he casts and then cuts before they hit the top 20.

On the plus side, their chosen one this season actually has the skills and charisma to back up their push for him.

by Anonymousreply 1207/04/2013

There are three tappers on the show this season and they are all doing well with the other dance styles.

by Anonymousreply 1307/04/2013

Yeah, but we've had three tappers on the show before - and they were gone in three weeks (although this group does look like it will last longer and one may actually get close to the top). And I still lament the loss of Nick a couple of years ago, one of the most engaging tappers they have had - he was gone in the second week.

by Anonymousreply 1407/04/2013

Is anyone else as bored with this season as I am. I honestly feel little interest in any of the remaining contestants and have felt very half-hearted about this season in general. I'm trying to decide if it's me or if the show has really become THAT uninteresting and has gone downhill. Even the TWOP message boards, that used to be a hotbed of post show spoilers and conversation, have slowed to a crawl. I fear the end is nigh.

by Anonymousreply 1508/29/2013

I think the show could be better, like American Idol, without Horse Face Nigel Lythgoe and maybe even Horse Teeth Mary.

I have major hots for this year’s finalist Aaron Tucker. Not only is the man absolutely adorable but he’s tall and everything below the waist is very well shaped. He has butt for days, big thighs, and big beautiful feet. Oh my!

by Anonymousreply 1608/29/2013

Too much judge yammering, too little dancing. Nigel just wants to hear himself talk. People tune out.

by Anonymousreply 1708/29/2013

The ratings are down this season from last year, so the show's future is in doubt. I agree the judges yammer too long, especially gushy Ty Ferguson. They also need to broaden the pool of choreographers.

by Anonymousreply 1808/29/2013

I agree that Aaron Tucker is a hottie.

by Anonymousreply 1908/29/2013

I'm in love with Aaron and he doesn't even know I exist!

by Anonymousreply 2008/29/2013

Aaron and Tucker are two separate people, R19.

by Anonymousreply 2108/29/2013

Is he gay? I think he and his female partner had some chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 2208/29/2013

Did li'l Kent Boyd ever come out?

by Anonymousreply 2308/29/2013

thank god for dvr. i can ff thru nigel and horsy mary talking.

i think tucker, paul and haley got robbed.

fiction and amy are terrible. fiction is still on because he is black.

fiction can barely dance at all. and he is a skinny little midget to boot.

amy is ugly as hell.

i had no clue that paul's mom is russian. and holy crap his dad is OLD. like 20+ years older than the mom.

by Anonymousreply 2408/29/2013

I hate how the judges fawn all over the pompous choreographers. You'd think they were curing cancer with some of the comments. That queen Tyce DeOreo thinks her shit don't stink.

by Anonymousreply 2508/29/2013

Tucker was an incredible dancer and so was Paul. Much better than the other two. And I am tired of Fiction or however he spells his name.

by Anonymousreply 2608/29/2013

Best this season bar none is Jasmine.

Fik-shun is actually REALLY really insanely talented.

That you don't see this makes me wonder about you....

by Anonymousreply 2708/29/2013

Oh, please! Fik-Shun is the least talented of all the dancers, and should have been eliminated months ago. Jasmine Harper should win in the finals, IMHO.

The best reason to watch is Neil Haskell. He's so popular that he's asked every season to dance with the contestants.

by Anonymousreply 2808/29/2013

[quote]That queen Tyce DeOreo thinks her shit don't stink.

Tyce is stuck up, but he knows his shit. Fuck, he used to be a principal dancer for the Janet Jackson Velvet Rope tour.

by Anonymousreply 2908/29/2013

I never enjoy Tyce's pieces. To me, he is easily the least talented of all the choreographers SYTYCD routinely showcase.

by Anonymousreply 3008/29/2013

They need to get rid of the silly Indian dances. Nobody cares about that shit.

by Anonymousreply 3108/29/2013

Fik-shun has charm for days, but outside his genre he is decidedly meh. Not that you would ever know with the judges fawning over him regardless of what he does. But as Nigel will drone at you, this is the search for America's FAVORITE dancer. Unless of course, Nigel doesn't like you.

by Anonymousreply 3208/29/2013

Here is the site to discuss SYTYCD. I still like this show, once loved it. My bf is a very successful dancer. There is always merit in the talent of young dancers on this show.

It is still the most pure of the reality contest shows, for what that is worth. Competition and repetition brings out the worst in everyone involved. The network, Nigel, the judges and choreographers. But there are always new talented dancers to enjoy even if they are playing the game. Dancers are the most dedicated of performing artists, no?

Check out the site if you are a true fan. It goes back week by week to season five. There is always an insightful yet fun review, and very interesting comments on everything. No one is spared, you just can't call people the names that are allowed on DL.

by Anonymousreply 3308/29/2013

It seems that Kent Boyd is the most successful of all of them.

by Anonymousreply 3408/29/2013

by Anonymousreply 3508/29/2013

Kent, the most successful? No, not at all.

Twitch, Allison, Kathryn, Kherington, Chelsea, Dmitry, Lacey, Travis, Pasha, Anya, Danny Tidwell, Mark, Alex. All are working on stage and screen.

by Anonymousreply 3608/29/2013

This is the first time in a long while that I have watched this show. I tried looking for this thread a few weeks ago, but could not locate it. Have really liked this season and so wanted to discuss. Wish I'd had your link R33.

I thought they have had an exceptionally talented group of dancers this year. Some outstanding routines too. Since I haven't watched for a while, there are quite a few choreographers that are new to me.

Aaron and Jasmine have been my favorites as a couple this season and I was also pulling for Tucker and Hayley.

I think Fik-Shun is great and his solo [italic]was[italic] outstanding the other night. However, I do think Paul was the better dancer and deserved to go into the finale.

I have not been thrilled with Scrunch Face (Amy) but she was phenomenal in her routine with Travis the other week. So pleased to see what a fantastic choreographer Travis has become.

Neil has lost some oomph R28, but I will adore him forever -- my heart and balls remain warm for him.

So they now have a male and female winner? That's a much smarter way to do it.

Jasmine has to be the female winner -- she is an absolutely exquisite dancer and a beautiful woman. Love her.

by Anonymousreply 3708/29/2013

[/italic] A thousand apologies. Don't know what I did there.

by Anonymousreply 3808/29/2013

WTF?[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 3908/29/2013

You didn't close your italic tag properly. [/italic]

There, fix it for you.

by Anonymousreply 4008/29/2013

Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 4108/30/2013

I think Fik-shun and Amy are going to win solely based on their personalities and not their dance skills. Although Amy is a pretty good dancer.

I thought Mackenzie was the most talented dancer (not to mention physically beautiful)out of the females and Paul was the most talented out of the males. I don't like Aaron or Fik-shun at all. I'd rather see Jasmine win over Amy but I don't think that's going to happen.

Also, Paul reminds me of a young Sal Mineo. Does anyone know if he's gay?

by Anonymousreply 4208/30/2013

They're keeping Fik-Shun on because they think it helps ratings; he probably gets votes for his personality and back story. Thy did the same for the robot guy last year. The choreographers always push him in the back during the group dances so you can't see how badly he really dances compared to the others. Then they gave him some stupid trick at the end to make him stand out. That's the formula.

The show would be much better if it was only one hour and the judges would shut up. The choreography is becoming one-note too. I feel like we've seen it all. The exception was Mark Kanamura last week; he showed some innovation.

by Anonymousreply 4308/30/2013

I agree that the choreography is just boring and stale this year. So much lyrical looking crap that always has some theme to it. The one thing they haven't done this year is the cancer scarf dance. But maybe in the finale.

And I don't think anyone should win. The women were so weak this season and I can't believe that Aaron is in the final. He's so plodding and unappealing. I can't believe Paul was booted. He really was by far the best dancer there.

by Anonymousreply 4408/30/2013

Jasmine is by far the best dancer left, and was always better than Paul.

by Anonymousreply 4508/30/2013

can't believe fiction won. he is a terrible dancer.

tucker is a beautiful dancer.

by Anonymousreply 4609/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.