Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

4 Marines Investigated For Possible Hate Crime Outside Popular Gay Bar

LONG BEACH (KTLA) -- Four Marine Corps members are under investigation for a possible hate crime after a man was beaten outside of a popular gay bar.

The unidentified victim was beaten unconscious early Monday morning outside the popular Silver Fox bar in Long Beach.

He was taken to an area hospital with non life threatening injuries and has been released.

The four men were arrested for assault, but the attack is being investigated as a hate crime because one of the Marines reportedly made derogatory remarks to the man during the attack.

The Marines, who have been released on bail, have not been identified.

Two other people were reportedly injured trying to stop the fight.

by Anonymousreply 2911/10/2012

Hope Dirk Yates gets a hold of them. That would be a good part of a sentence!

by Anonymousreply 109/05/2012

As a people, we really need to start giving our bars better names.

by Anonymousreply 209/05/2012

The Marines were arrested just after the incident. They have since made bail and returned to their units, Camp Pendleton spokesman Maj. Manuel J. Delarosa said. Military officials were assisting Long Beach police and the Marine Corps was conducting its own probe, he said.

"This is an isolated incident," Delarosa said. "Committing any hate crime is unacceptable behavior and is not tolerated in the Marine Corps."

The victim was treated at a hospital for non-life-threatening injuries, Long Beach police spokeswoman Lisa Massacani said. The two others who tried to help the victim suffered minor injuries.

Neither Massacani nor Delarosa gave specifics on why it was being considered a possible hate crime.

Arrested were Lance Cpl. Lewis Serna; Pfc. Thomas Pentek; Pfc. Sean Miller and Lance Cpl. John O'Leary. Authorities were trying to determine each person's role in the assault, Stilnovich said.

The four Marines could not be reached for comment on Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 309/06/2012

The Marine corp has - like the Christian Church - their own way of dealing with those kind of things: they simply sweep them under the carpet and then they get all high allmighty when some outsider dares to intrude and question their methods.

by Anonymousreply 409/06/2012

It's always a group of closet-cases. You never hear stories about one closet-case who attacks a gay man. It's always a group.

by Anonymousreply 509/06/2012

R7, you are a sack of shit.

by Anonymousreply 709/06/2012

The US Military is an Evangelical Cristian run organization and encourages Marines to do things like this.

by Anonymousreply 809/06/2012

Go fuck yourself, R11.

by Anonymousreply 1009/06/2012

R11 is a poster from Truth4Time, Secret Religious Right Group

by Anonymousreply 1109/06/2012

There's a freeper with a learning disability trolling DL today. Every homophobic right wing post has been written by someone who's incredibly stupid, like R11. I can't respond to them because their posts have made no sense.

And I have no doubt, R11 that you earned and deserved that fat lip and black eye.

by Anonymousreply 1209/06/2012

[quote] Oh no someone who doesn't get fisted AND has a different opinion. HATE HER.

from R11

by Anonymousreply 1309/06/2012

R11 Are you drunk now? Because you sure sound like a asshole.

by Anonymousreply 1409/06/2012

Just FF R7/11 and they will be banned from this web site.

by Anonymousreply 1509/06/2012

The important question is...

Where. They. Hot?

by Anonymousreply 1609/06/2012

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 1709/06/2012

Even if the guy was being a rude, mouthy prick, that does not excuse what happened. The Marines were completely free to disregard him and walk away.

by Anonymousreply 1809/06/2012

[quote]Even if the guy was being a rude, mouthy prick, that does not excuse what happened.

Give me a break. These assholes jumped this guy solely because he's gay. Don't let some anti-gay asshole's hyothetical change what really happened.

by Anonymousreply 1909/06/2012

[quote]These assholes jumped this guy solely because he's gay.

I didn't say otherwise. I was responding to R7/11.

by Anonymousreply 2009/06/2012

This isn't going to stop until we send some MArines back to base with broken heads and enough physical damage that they become useless as cannon fodder and as functioning human beings.

The the Corps will step up "sensitivity training."

by Anonymousreply 2109/06/2012

r11 - Please explain the scenario where 4 Marines beating 1 civilian UNCONSCIOUS is acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 2209/06/2012

I driven pass the Silver Fox before what were the Marines doing there in the first place.

There nothing else around the area.

Either you were going to the bar or waiting to bash someone outside of the bar.

I hate when people who hate Gay people go to an area that Gay people frequent.

by Anonymousreply 2309/06/2012

r23 I agree Gay do need to start fighting back.

The law isn't always on our sides nobody gives a fuck if a Gay person gets his ass kicked.

I don't care if its 5 or 10 dudes someone is getting their ass kicked, tasered, or cut.

I'm a Black lesbian I can give a fuck about not paying a medical bill.

Fight dirty if you have too people don't fight people who can fuck them up.

by Anonymousreply 2409/06/2012

[quote]It's always a group of closet-cases.

I agree. These are guys who bought into the slogan "The Marine Corps builds men." They joined the Marines thinking that would rid them of being gay.

by Anonymousreply 2711/10/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!