Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Can the political threads be moved?

I have been reading this board since I was 9 or 10 years old and I love it. I really do. But there are so many political threads! Yes, I know it is an election year but can't there be a different area for these kind of threads? Just asking.

by Anonymousreply 5111/15/2012

No.

by Anonymousreply 109/04/2012

OP, how old are you now?

by Anonymousreply 309/04/2012

I think many gays perceive this election as, for them, probably the most important of the modern era. The Supreme Court almost certainly depends upon it, and so does the impetus behind gay rights in the legislative and executive branches. Hard, under those circumstances, to leave politics alone.

by Anonymousreply 509/04/2012

As a 9 year old how did you discover this site?

by Anonymousreply 609/04/2012

The webmaster tried to move the political threads to another section a few years ago, but it didn't work. No one wanted to have to toggle back and forth between gossip and politics.

So deal with it OP. You can always scroll past the political posts.

Besides, the level of nastiness and craziness on the part of the GOP is far more intertesting that most of the other gossip here.

by Anonymousreply 709/04/2012

I think the OP was purposely trolling for more responses by saying they were reading this since they were 9 or 10 years old.

And regardless, political threads have always been a big part of this site. Yes back in the day there used to be a different section but we don't have those anymore.

by Anonymousreply 909/04/2012

OP are you male or female

And are you openly out? If so at what age did you come out?

by Anonymousreply 1109/04/2012

OP - Part of being an adult is understanding politics, especially if you are gay or lesbian. So open your eyes and open your mind.

by Anonymousreply 1209/04/2012

R11, I am male. I'm not officially out. Some people know but not my family.

R12, I understand that. I still say there are way too many political threads and I wish they were either in their own section or combined.

by Anonymousreply 1309/04/2012

Yeah, R5.

by Anonymousreply 1409/04/2012

OP your family knows.

It is just the elephant in the room.

by Anonymousreply 1509/04/2012

OP how many sexual partners have you had?

by Anonymousreply 1609/04/2012

OP, I ran as fast as I could to put your comment into the suggestion box at DL corporate headquarters.

by Anonymousreply 1709/04/2012

R15, I don't think they do. I really don't

R16, None.

by Anonymousreply 1809/04/2012

OP Always practice safe sex and use condom all the time.

by Anonymousreply 1909/04/2012

"but I do remember most things were over my head. It was still pretty fun though"

Hell I'm 49 and lots of this stuff is still over my head.

by Anonymousreply 2009/04/2012

OP. You are young, but your stance on women's rights to choose are ridiculous, and will hopefully change as you mature.

by Anonymousreply 2109/04/2012

I'm far more interested in the political threads than anything else. What kind of threads do you like? I say we shove those off to some DL ghetto instead so you don't have to ruin your beautiful mind among the grown-ups.

by Anonymousreply 2209/04/2012

Christ -- I can't believe you people are falling for this one.

by Anonymousreply 2309/04/2012

OP asked a simple question and some of you can never NOT respond like an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 2409/04/2012

All I said was the political threads have taken over. It makes sense to combine them. Nothing wrong with that.

by Anonymousreply 2509/04/2012

Eh I agree with the OP

by Anonymousreply 2609/04/2012

We go through this every four years and the answer has always been the same: no. No, they're not being moved (we tried that) and no, they are not being lumped together in one thread.

So, the simple answer is no.

by Anonymousreply 2709/04/2012

Thank you R26

by Anonymousreply 2809/04/2012

It makes no sense at all to combine them.

by Anonymousreply 2909/04/2012

Thank you too R24.

R29, Does to me. That's why I made the tread.

by Anonymousreply 3009/04/2012

[quote]It makes sense to combine them.

No it doesn't. While the polling threads can be combined (and usually are, since the Poll Troll is quite polite), the rest of the topics are widely divergent. That's as silly as saying that it makes sense to combine, e.g., all movie threads or all actor threads.

[quote]Nothing wrong with that.

Unless you're looking for coherent conversation, in which case combining the threads would be a huge mistake.

Face it; it's not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 3109/04/2012

Soooo...is THIS a political thread? If not, where should we lump it?

by Anonymousreply 3209/04/2012

It's very important to have the political threads because nobody who posts at DL knows who to vote for. It's just too, too confusing.

by Anonymousreply 3309/04/2012

Yeah, OP, let's discuss something important like 'Twilight' or Whether Anderson came out the right way. Jeez.

by Anonymousreply 3409/04/2012

Is OP the 19 year old virgin who thinks that "glob" is a verb?

by Anonymousreply 3509/04/2012

I'm wondering if OP is the 19-year-old who doesn't want older guys hitting on him.

by Anonymousreply 3609/04/2012

Oh, that brings back memories of the constant bitching to POST IN THE POLITICAL CATEGORY!!! I think I might have been banished for not posting in the right category.

by Anonymousreply 3709/04/2012

Move them where? Cleveland?

by Anonymousreply 3809/05/2012

How many people have buried their girthy cocks in your tight little asshole? And learn the proper spelling of condensed.

And also, learn the appropriate grammatical use of the word. I should also add that you should learn to love licking hairy balls, and last but not least, read up more on both history & politics. Just might save your life someday.

by Anonymousreply 3909/05/2012

It's important to have hundreds of reminders every day to vote for Obama and not vote for Romney. Without those reminders, I'd end up voting for Eisenhower or Harding.

Four years ago EVERY thread at DL ended up with messages warning us not to vote for Palin. No doubt she would be Vice President right now if we didn't have all those important warnings.

by Anonymousreply 4009/05/2012

I'm here for the political threads OP. How could you be on DL for 11 years and not understand their importance?

by Anonymousreply 4109/05/2012

Can the OP be given a brain transplant, and maybe an interst in the world going on around them, and a sense of what is really important please?

by Anonymousreply 4209/05/2012

So how political threads are worse than 8 threads about some skinny femmy twink's behind?

by Anonymousreply 4309/05/2012

R42 give him a break. He is only 20 years old.

by Anonymousreply 4409/05/2012

[quote] All I said was the political threads have taken over.

Correct if I'm wrong, but isn't the USA having an election this year?!?

by Anonymousreply 4509/05/2012

Only a moron gets their political news from a gay gossip board. Yes, this place has always had some degree of political discussion, but it used to be actual discussion and not idiots just reposting shit from other sites. This place was never a news aggregator; it was a discussion forum where our individual ideas were debated not this boring ass regurgitation of talking points. If I wanted to read the articles or the laughable polls the political trolls post, I'd be on the sites where they originated.

by Anonymousreply 4609/05/2012

R46 doesn't understand the internet.

by Anonymousreply 4709/05/2012

The election has been over for more than a week and this place is still inundated with political threads. The Petreaus thing is spawning even more political threads. Dont you bitches get tired of discussing this shit? Im beginning to think some of you masturbate to political threads!

by Anonymousreply 4811/14/2012

OP, instead of complaining you ought to be glad of freewheeling, intelligent (usually) political discussion here. I take it you are not old enough to realize that politics and money are the two main things that make the world go around and affect YOUR life directly; if anything, you should be asking for more political discussion and greater solidarity against the forces of greed and selfishness that would undermine our freedom to participate in these discussions, among other things.

by Anonymousreply 4911/14/2012

Leave them where they are webmaster, the op's opinion is clearly in the minority and he is tiresome, at best.

by Anonymousreply 5011/14/2012

NO

by Anonymousreply 5111/15/2012
Need more help? Click Here.