Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Clint Eastwood Embarrassing Rambling RNC Speech 2012

In a largely incoherent speech, Clint Eastwood “maybe possibly” praised Mitt Romney, but mostly he argued with an empty stool, which was supposed to be Obama. It was…awkward, it was disrespectful it was appalling and worst of all the crowd actually Loved it .

by Anonymousreply 16911/12/2012

Clint drooled and Mitt was dull, rambling, and sanctimonious. I feel good. America is not going to buy this crap.

by Anonymousreply 508/30/2012

Doddering old fool. He's looked like a corpse for years, someone get the hook, the coffin-dodger doesn't know when to retire and spare his dignity.

by Anonymousreply 608/30/2012

"Listen Chair, I have 7 different kids by 5 different women, some of them were even my wives, and some had kids with me when I was married to someone else, and let me tell you, no one knows American Values like a Multi-Millionare actor who pretends to be a tough guy...so take that...chair! And I hate lawyers. I mean they know the law, right? Hate em. Especially divorce law. If you are some lawyer, you should not be elected to dog catcher...wait...what? R-Money went to Harvard Law? Crap...time for a nap."

by Anonymousreply 708/30/2012

That stunk as much as "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil."

by Anonymousreply 808/30/2012

Republicans: The Democrats and Obama are beholden to Hollywood and out of touch with the real America, so we'll have an actor speak at our convention.

The president never had a real job, so we'll put Ryan (who has even less real world experience) as our VP.

Social security is evil except when it helped Paul Ryan's family.

by Anonymousreply 908/30/2012

...it made me uncomfortable, I hit the mute button after a minute or so.

by Anonymousreply 1008/30/2012

Looooved the part where he mentioned John Voight. "He's a republican AND he's an Oscar winner." Guess that Academy Award makes him more intelligent when it comes to politics.

Rambling, pathetic, and sad.

by Anonymousreply 1108/30/2012

CRINGEWORTHY!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1208/30/2012

In Eastwood's defense he has never claimed to be a part of the family values BS - he considers himself more of a libertarian, he is more about leaving people alone.

I don't even hate Mitt Romney- in fact I feel sorry for him. He is clearly afflicted with the Mormon belief - "be in the world and not of it" that is why he is so wooden. Frankly I think he is in the Republican party and not really of it. And for that reason I think he is a somewhat decent guy. However Paul Ryan is pure evil - in his narcissism he believes he is the heir apparent to Ronald Reagan. I am no Reagan fan but Paul Ryan is NOT Reagan. He is neither personable nor likeable enough to be Reagan, Ryan is just pure calculating evil, not even intelligent enough not to believe his own budget BS. Evil AND stupid is a dangerous combo.

by Anonymousreply 1308/30/2012

He and Woody Allen should have retired a long time ago. Garbo was smart.

by Anonymousreply 1508/30/2012

This:

by Anonymousreply 1608/31/2012

As an aside, does anyone know why there are so many links on DL lately to the particular site linked to by OP? Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 1708/31/2012

Also this:

by Anonymousreply 1808/31/2012

What I heard:

by Anonymousreply 1908/31/2012

"We may fuck/marry black women and even have children by them, but we are still white men,damn it!"

by Anonymousreply 2008/31/2012

It was like watching Gollum talk to his reflection.

by Anonymousreply 2108/31/2012

After Clint Eastwood's RNC speech, that Gorillaz song makes a lot more sense.

by Anonymousreply 2208/31/2012

So, hashtag "#ClintEastwooding" is starting to trend on Twitter. It's hilarious.

And yeah, @InvisibleObama is now a real account to follow... very funny.

by Anonymousreply 2308/31/2012

I've seen episodes of Teletubbies that made more sense than this.

by Anonymousreply 2408/31/2012

Cringe worthy .It made me uneasy

by Anonymousreply 2508/31/2012

Isn't the "empty chair interview" one of the lowest forms of journalism? I've heard something like this before but cannot find it on the 'net.

by Anonymousreply 2608/31/2012

The question is, why does Clint Eastwood, now in his 80's and in the twilight of his life, want to be remembered for supporting the most extreme Republican platform in history?

by Anonymousreply 2708/31/2012

Piers did an empty chair interview last week when that repub who gaffed about rape cancelled the interview.

by Anonymousreply 2808/31/2012

I was just reading a lot of the tweets and coming here to bring up the fact that there were so many GOP losers trying to shit on libs for calling out Clint's embarrassing display... and I see R14 has joined us, so let me address you, dumbass:

This is a man who made a complete jackass out of himself. This is a man who showed exactly why your party is a joke. The fact that you are attempting to defend this old, RICH, fool -who has been married five times and had kids out of wedlock- when there are millions of old people who aren't as well-off and who actually NEED YOUR HELP AND COMPASSION, is precisely why you people are simply disgusting.

Don't pretend as though you would've shown compassion if he had done this at the DNC. It was pathetic and you know it, but as usual for the party of NO responsibility for everything bad and taking credit for everything good, you're attempting to make this about "libs."

YOUR PEOPLE PUT AN OLD MAN ON STAGE TO TALK TO A CHAIR. IT WAS EMBARRASSING. DON'T TRY AND MAKE THIS ABOUT US, IDIOTS.

by Anonymousreply 2908/31/2012

Wow America what a fucking joke

by Anonymousreply 3108/31/2012

I haven't seen him in a movie in forever, but I was struck by how shaky his voice was. In terms of (ridiculous and bizarre) content I think that he seemed reasonably sharp for a somewhat incoherent old crank, if that makes any sense, but he sounded "older" than my grandfather did when he died around the same age, and nobody ever thought of my Grandpa as a tough guy.

by Anonymousreply 3208/31/2012

NO, R33.

It's offensive to millions of people (eg. women, liberals, gays etc.) who have watched his movies that he would endorse the Republicans just for a tax break when this is the most extreme Republican platform in history.

by Anonymousreply 3408/31/2012

That, folks, is senility in action. Clint needs to be put into a home.

by Anonymousreply 3508/31/2012

I remember George Burns on talk-shows well into his 90s, and he still had his comic timing and wasn't doddering. Clint's current age is about the same age Burns was when he made his comeback in "Oh God." Eastwood's numerical age isn't the problem, it's the fact that he's aged so poorly.

by Anonymousreply 3608/31/2012

How fitting and symbolic that Republicans chose an old geezer in his 80s who appears to be in early-stage dementia to talk about "the future."

by Anonymousreply 3708/31/2012

I agree with R33. If you want to focus on something how about focusing on the fact that when Mitt mentioned helping the less fortunate in his speech (and being a Mormon he is sincere about it - part of the calling and church welfare doctrine) there was complete SILENCE.

by Anonymousreply 3808/31/2012

R33, are you too stupid to know the difference between funny and laughing with someone vs. funny and laughing *at* them?

by Anonymousreply 3908/31/2012

Worse was Romney's not-at-all-subtle insinuation that Obama wasn't an American.

What a fucking asshole.

by Anonymousreply 4108/31/2012

Yeah, sure. The stammering and moments of silence weren't awkward or cringe-worthy at all.

by Anonymousreply 4208/31/2012

[quote]So, so, Mr. President, how do you, how do you handle, how do you handle promises that you've made when you were running for election and how do you handle, how do you handle it?

I agree, R40. So eloquent.

by Anonymousreply 4308/31/2012

[quote]Worse was Romney's not-at-all-subtle insinuation that Obama wasn't an American.

What did he say?

by Anonymousreply 4408/31/2012

I've seen him for a couple a minutes on his wife's reality show. He didn't seem to lucid, so I didn't think he would do well.

by Anonymousreply 4508/31/2012

How long till the first auto-tune dance mix is released?

by Anonymousreply 4608/31/2012

God damn, the Obama tweet is priceless. Priceless.

by Anonymousreply 4708/31/2012

Poor Dina Ruiz must be on some heavy drugs to block out the horror of her necrophilia sex-life.

by Anonymousreply 4808/31/2012

HA!

"InvisibleObama" has a twitter

by Anonymousreply 4908/31/2012

Is that Hillary on the right, R47?

by Anonymousreply 5008/31/2012

Omg!!!

That is really a Tweet from OBAMA?!

PRICELESS!!

by Anonymousreply 5108/31/2012

I'm sure Ted Nugent loved it.

by Anonymousreply 5208/31/2012

It's from his Official Twitter, yes, R51, although I think it may be technically from his Campaign staff.

by Anonymousreply 5308/31/2012

It's about time the Dems/Obama basically told the GOP "FUCK YOU!"

They already hate Obama, so what's the point in him trying to be "humble"? He tried to work with those troglodytes, but it didn't matter what he said or did, they were always going to view him as "uppity." But Bush can say "Bring it on" and dress up like a clown, and they just love that bullshit. Hypocritical douchebags.

by Anonymousreply 5408/31/2012

Someone posted this in the Clint/embarrassing thread, but here you go, R1:

by Anonymousreply 5508/31/2012

Doh! Wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 5608/31/2012

I'm not laughing at Clint I'm more laughing at how he's Clint Eastwood and can say anything he wants and not even the Romney camp can censure him. Sure he wasn't perfect but that doesn't matter because he's Clint.

by Anonymousreply 5708/31/2012

Can someone post Obama's tweet?

by Anonymousreply 5808/31/2012

This is trending all over the world.

Congrats, GOP. No wonder you only offer war and fear. You sure as hell won't get any respect.

by Anonymousreply 5908/31/2012

The ONLY reason he did this was to promote "Trouble With the Curve" coming out next month in theaters.

He's a doddering old fool now who took the advice of handlers.

Unfortunately most viewers now see him as having onset dementia and not as a movie hero.

by Anonymousreply 6008/31/2012

[quote] Frankly I think he is in the Republican party and not really of it. And for that reason I think he is a somewhat decent guy.

Then you're the biggest idiot ever. Think about how Bain Capital made money. They buy stock in a company. They tell that company, you will do as you are told. You will borrow lots of money on your credit. Then you will give 30% of that cash to us. Then we will sell out and you now have to repay not only the money you have and interest but the 30% you gave to us. How's that for a nice low interest rate?

by Anonymousreply 6108/31/2012

Clint Eastwood: "Listen chair, I've PAID for abortions!"

by Anonymousreply 6208/31/2012

Candy Crowley CNN 500 pound vegan claims Eastwood was brilliant

by Anonymousreply 6308/31/2012

It had a disrespectful tone to it, like Eastwood felt Obama didn't deserve the type of respect given past presidents. And what was this "we own this country"? Who's "we", I saw a sea of white faces in the RNC. He, like other idiotic, hypocritical Republicans choose to ignore the fact that he was blocked from getting anything done by hateful and divisive Republicans. And what the fuck was he talking about when he implied Obama might not be a nice guy because of the political ads they've put out? Has he no clue about Romney destroying his primary competition with attack ads and the right wing SuperPac ads and Romney's welfare ad lie? Clint's a senile old fool, he must be on heavy medication when he's directing and acting in his movies.

I've never been a big fan of Clint's, there's only a handful of movies, maybe less than that, that I like by him, but I'll never watch them again. He's dead to me, he's clearly brain-dead.

by Anonymousreply 6408/31/2012

Good question R27.

by Anonymousreply 6508/31/2012

"Clint has now eclipsed the total word count of his last three films," tweeted film critic Richard Roeper during the speech, which was intended to last five minutes but went on for nearly 12.

by Anonymousreply 6608/31/2012

[quote] And for that reason I think he is a somewhat decent guy.

You need to read the article at the link. 'Somewhat decent guy', my ass.

by Anonymousreply 6708/31/2012

I think so, r50. It looks like Leon Panetta to his left.

by Anonymousreply 6808/31/2012

[quote]Can someone post Obama's tweet?

Obama tweeted "This seat is taken." and picture of him sitting in a chair marked "The President" at some metting.

by Anonymousreply 6908/31/2012

Millions of people are running to Ikea today to buy that chair. Boycott his new film. And wasn't it charming to hear the roars of laughter from all of those good Christians when he implied that invisible Obama told him to go fuck himself.

by Anonymousreply 7008/31/2012

"I talk to the trees..."

by Anonymousreply 7108/31/2012

He's still a better speaker than Sarah Palin.

by Anonymousreply 7208/31/2012

I hate Sarah Palin, but she shined in '08.

by Anonymousreply 7308/31/2012

cringe worthy

by Anonymousreply 7408/31/2012

[quote]I hate Sarah Palin, but she shined in '08.

She did?

by Anonymousreply 7508/31/2012

That pic President Obama tweeted is so cute!

And Btw,none of those people attending the Rethug Convention seem to be hurt by the economy...bunch of well heeled hypocrites!

by Anonymousreply 7608/31/2012

"Shined"?

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 7708/31/2012

I posted this on the other thread, but what the fuck. The left media needs to call the Repubs out on this shit:

This is the same party that goes on about hollywood and how all the celebrities should keep their mouths shut and stick to acting or singing.

Could you imagine if Streisand or Clooney spoke at the Democratic convention? The Republicans would be screaming outrage.

by Anonymousreply 7808/31/2012

Who did Clint's hair?

by Anonymousreply 7908/31/2012

Not sure if Obama tweeted that himself, or whether it was done by his campaign.

On his Twitter it says that Tweets from Obama himself are initialed "BO" afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 8008/31/2012

Sit down old man!

by Anonymousreply 8108/31/2012

Karma!!

Love it!

by Anonymousreply 8208/31/2012

Brit here, who fondly recalls Obama's effortless humiliation of Trump at the Correspondents' Dinner.

The GOP has handed Obama an opportunity almost embarrassing in its potential: He'll in fact have to be careful not to take too much advantage of such weak and woeful whimsy.

Better to treat it like great-grandpa's spirited turn which is just about indulged. Obama's youth and eloquence are in themselves reproof enough.

But yes, for now the picture of POTUS at work In The Chair is a flawless riposte.

by Anonymousreply 8308/31/2012

Indeed!

by Anonymousreply 8408/31/2012

[quote]Who did Clint's hair?

Maaco.

by Anonymousreply 8508/31/2012

Are we sure Mittens didn't do Clint's hair? It is one of his hobbies, after all.

by Anonymousreply 8608/31/2012

Joe Scarborough was incredulous. He said if that happened at the Democratic convention, the Repubs would be all over it the next morning, which is really what's NOT happening.

by Anonymousreply 8708/31/2012

are they talking about it on the networks, or are they silent and pretending it didn't happen?

by Anonymousreply 8808/31/2012

This appears to be the inspiration for Clint's speech.

by Anonymousreply 8908/31/2012

Sarah Palin delighted the RNC delegates in 2008 because she's a Republican's idea of what a woman ought to be--perfectly groomed, all wrapped up in the flag and clutching the cross, and dumb as a bag of rocks.

by Anonymousreply 9008/31/2012

he's looked like shit for years and I hate all his movies.

by Anonymousreply 9108/31/2012

It's so ridiculous the way Clint referenced Jon Voight being an Oscar winner and the delegates cheered. Not that Voight isn't an Oscar winner and, apparently, really deserved the win but because he won for the very anti-war, anti-Vietnam film, Coming Home. Not to mention, opposite Jane Fonda (who also won, deservedly).

These people are so ignorant and without thought it's like falling down a greased shoot into a deep, dark cultural black hole.

by Anonymousreply 9208/31/2012

FWIW - I think CDAN would consider Caan 'A list', if for no other reason than he's old Hollywood. Same way someone like Clint Eastwood would be considered an 'A'. Young people who don't know who he is obviously wouldn't, but I'm not thinking these actors would be anyone that young people would follow. I'm not saying it's Caan, either - I'm just saying think of that generation, or a generation below.

by Anonymousreply 9308/31/2012

Oops, wrong thread...

Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 9408/31/2012

Yes, r77, SHINED! And do you know why? VO5 naturally Shiny shampoo and conditioner! Leaves my hair silky and shiny. My whole family uses it. I've shipped a case to Clint. His hair was a disaster!

by Anonymousreply 9508/31/2012

Well it seemed to almost fit, r93. I don't know what CDAN is, but James Caan is an old a-list Republican actor comparable to Eastwood. All I know is they never would've had Kelsey Grammar give a speech at the RNC. He's a Republican, but that crowd would just think he's a "fag."

by Anonymousreply 9608/31/2012

Ugh, make that Kelsey Grammer. Spell check tells you it's spelled wrong and I wasn't awake enough to question it.

by Anonymousreply 9808/31/2012

James Caan is JEWISH

Kelsey didn't go from movies to TV. He is known for TV, not film.

Stallone is a good guess.

by Anonymousreply 9908/31/2012

R97, I don't think it's that people didn't like Clint but honestly, what did he say that was supposed to move us to put our faith in Mitt Romney? What, that Obama started a war in Afghanistan? That Mitt Romney is a lawyer and that we shouldn't put lawyers in the White House?

Which part was so substantive to you? The implication that Obama was telling the RNC to go fuck itself? Really?

Clint was amusing, for sure, both intentionally, unintentionally. But this was supposed to be the re-launch of Romney and it's Clint that grabbing all the headlines today...for the wrong reasons. So go lick your wounds.

by Anonymousreply 10008/31/2012

R97 = the cognitive dissonance I mentioned in the other thread. You're so painfully sad.

Sweetheart, did you also go on about how the left was "afraid" that Sarah Palin might run against Obama?

You really don't comprehend how embarrassing you people have become? Though not as embarrassing as what we witnessed last night.

Even Mitt's people were wincing. Spare yourself by shutting the fuck up about this one. Let it go. People were too busy cringing to even know what in the hell he was saying.

If anything, you should be concerned that more people remember that than whatever substance-less nonsense Mitt spewed.

by Anonymousreply 10308/31/2012

I'm with R4 and I am a liberal. It was their convention and they can say anything they want. I missed Eastwood last night, but saw all the griping and thought it must have been really bad. Then I saw a part of it this morning and it wasn't that bad. He meant to be funny and he's not a politician. If the republicans want to put him up in prime time instead of their own candidate, good for them.

I think the bigger issue is that there was a lot of bad planning and poor execution all across this convention, from picking this location for an event during hurricane season, to having Mitt's wife give a speech about her husband without a single anecdote. I think it shows the way they would run the country, with one poor idea after another.

by Anonymousreply 10408/31/2012

R102 is correct. We need to get those boys out of there so we can start even more neo con wars in Iran, Syria, China, Russia, Mordor... and I hear Voldermort's back. Ya know, because we have so much disposable income to put up with this bellicose bullshit that the world hasn't grown sick of from the last GOP jackass.

Go stick your head up chickenhawk sack of shit Dan Senor's ass, you useless tool.

by Anonymousreply 10508/31/2012

I honestly do not see how the Romney/Ryan ticket will fare at all well during the debates. They talk about nothing. 12 million jobs! Well, how? (Not to mention, the CBO has already projected the creation of 12 million jobs in the current economic climate so, what? Romney is just going to ride along for that?)

They are going to get so tangled up in the web of lies and distortion it's not even funny. And Obama has a record to run on. It won't even be close.

by Anonymousreply 10608/31/2012

And another thing, you had the GOP bring out Jeb Bush to defend his brother -- the way other boys went to die in Vietnam in place of that coward.

If the GOP is so proud of Dubya, they should've put him out there to defend his own record, and make sure he gives that speech under that debt clock he helped build with his 'off the books' wars and wartime tax cuts.

by Anonymousreply 10708/31/2012

Here's the bottom line: it cannot be good for the Republican nominee that on the day after his big speech, everyone is talking about Eastwood and the chair.

And the image itself is not helpful to the Republican brand. Instead it is emblematic of what is wrong with the current Republican Party: An angry, old white man hectoring an imaginary version of Obama.

How different is this from some rabid old Tea Partyer yelling, "Obama is a socialist!" Not one iota.

by Anonymousreply 10808/31/2012

Romney Staff ‘Winced’ During Clint Eastwood’s Bizarre Speech

by Anonymousreply 10908/31/2012

Isn't it funny how some of these Reps are showing more compassion towards a rich, old, "family values" white guy making an ass out of himself than they would a woman who is impregnated by a rapist?

by Anonymousreply 11008/31/2012

FEMA should be in charge of Romney's campaign right now. At this point, it's down to disaster management.

by Anonymousreply 11108/31/2012

Suddenly me celebrating a Chechen war criminal wasn't so bad.

by Anonymousreply 11208/31/2012

I can't wait for the debates so the President & Vice President can mop up the floors with these idiots.

They are lying sacks of predjudice shit that only care about the rich.

by Anonymousreply 11308/31/2012

I always knew Eastwood had been the Republican mayor of a small city in California (Carmel?); but I was willing to give him a pass because he didn't wear his politics on his sleeve. Turns out the guy is equal parts vile and senile.

by Anonymousreply 11408/31/2012

The freeper's golf reference reminds me. I saw MSNBC repeat some golf joke about Obama that fell so flat in the white crowd that you could hear a pin drop.

by Anonymousreply 11608/31/2012

Clint was an embarrassment but I think Nancy Grahn summed it up by tweeting- "20 years ago I wanted Clint to make my day. Now I just want him to take his pills and b thankful he doesn't need Medicare"

by Anonymousreply 11708/31/2012

Dream on, self-loathing Mary at R115.

Any self-respecting gay person would never vote for a candidate who doesn't believe in their equality. Also no self-respecting woman would ever vote for a party that wants to control her body and take her back in a time machine.

That's why you're going to get "Bama" for four more years, fucker.

by Anonymousreply 11808/31/2012

You just know Ryan is going to go into the VP debate full of bluster and Biden will just put him down. I mean, all Biden has to do is his homework - Ryan is full of completely assailable positions. You can lie on the campaign trail, you can lie at your convention but you can't lie during a debate. And Ryan just keeps telling the same lies over and over. He's going to be roadkill.

Biden, for all his faults, is a career politician. He'll pull it together. With relish, I imagine.

by Anonymousreply 11908/31/2012

One thing that really bothered me about Eastwood's speech were the instances where Invisible Obama "interrupted" him, once where Eastwood said that IO had told him to shut up and the other where IO had apparently told Romney to go fuck himself (Eastwood made a comment about Romney performing an impossible act with himself). What bothered me was Eastwood's supposition that the real Obama could be that low, base and vulgar. Did he forget that the party he was there to represent - the Republicans - have tried to demean and demonize Obama at every opportunity, even going so far as to interrupt him during a State of the Union address? And yet, Eastwood thinks it's amusing to have Obama call him out?

by Anonymousreply 12108/31/2012

R119, I was thinking the same about Biden. I'm not a huge fan of Biden, but the GOP really is pathetic if they think Biden's guffaws are all that he is. When in the hell have their guys even been face-to-face with a real challenge?

They seem to forget that their guys have pretty much been in a FOX cocoon. They haven't really been up against anyone that will call out their lies to their faces.

They're entitled idiots who honestly believe Obama has been "protected" by the media because unless they claim he is a "socialist out to destroy America," they're liberal.

As far as I'm concerned, that empty chair was perfect. Intellect-wise, it's on the same level as the average Republican these days. It's about the only thing a Rep. is qualified to argue with because anything with at least one functioning brain cell is too much for them to handle.

by Anonymousreply 12208/31/2012

Really, R120? Well, if you ever again encounters these "some," tell them it doesn't bode well for the GOP.

If a planted actor playing the part of a senile old man talking to a chair could get by Mitt's people, why in the hell would I want them in charge of National Security?

by Anonymousreply 12308/31/2012

[quote]Some are speculating that Clint was an Obama plant.

Oh, he's a plant alright.

by Anonymousreply 12408/31/2012

It was perfect:

An angry old white man arguing with an imaginary Barack Obama.

by Anonymousreply 12508/31/2012

(alltogether)"bitch stole my act!"

by Anonymousreply 12608/31/2012

It was disrespectful for Clint to say Obama should fuck himself

by Anonymousreply 12708/31/2012

It was a very funny skit when Bob Newhart did it.

by Anonymousreply 12808/31/2012

Chris Hayes just said the idea of Clint standing there and literally talking down to President Obama as though he were a child was incredibly offensive. I agree.

by Anonymousreply 12908/31/2012

You know I always say; "Give Republicans enough rope..."

by Anonymousreply 13008/31/2012

Post your favorite #invisibleobama tweet:

Mine so far:

"The Invisible Obama was cruel to wave Mitt's Invisible Tax Returns around like that. Clint should've stopped him."

by Anonymousreply 13108/31/2012

I never thought about it like that, R130.

by Anonymousreply 13208/31/2012

Even Mittens's aides are all "WTF???"

by Anonymousreply 13308/31/2012

Clint doesn't say 'cut' on his movie sets when he directors.

He says 'stop.'

Stop, Clint. Just stop.

by Anonymousreply 13408/31/2012

[quote]You know I always say; "Give Republicans enough rope..."

...and they'll find a black guy to hang?

by Anonymousreply 13508/31/2012

It would have been much more entertaining had Sondra Locke come out as a surprise guest and sat in the chair.

by Anonymousreply 13608/31/2012

The Romney people were not happy with Eastwood's speech.

Paul Ryan had a total WTF look on his face when it was all over.

Awful embarrassment for a legend.

by Anonymousreply 13708/31/2012

That asshole commentator on CNN, Alex Castellanos said that Clint Eastwood made it "socially acceptable" to laugh at President Obama and he said those male yahoos in Ohio or whatever loved seeing the President denigrated by Clint. This is what their mindset is, Republicans are scum.

by Anonymousreply 13808/31/2012

Alex C was on Romney's election staff last time around.

I watched the video of Clint's comments again, wondering if I just needed to find my usually healthy sense of humor.

But -this time I noted his slitting the throat action while talking of letting Obama go. I think he did it twice. Unforgivable.

by Anonymousreply 13908/31/2012

Hope he gets a visit from the IRS.

by Anonymousreply 14008/31/2012

Fox News thinks he was amazing!

by Anonymousreply 14108/31/2012

I think he's tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 14208/31/2012

Will there be any fallout for Eastwood over this? He fucking deserves it. But the people in Hollywood will still kiss his ass.

by Anonymousreply 14308/31/2012

Don't think it matters, R143. His company finances his films. He's a bit like Mel Gibson in that way. I'm sure right wingers will go to his movies now. Doubt he'll ever be nominated for an Oscar again, though.

by Anonymousreply 14408/31/2012

Too bad, his new movie looked sort of cute.

I like Amy Adams.

by Anonymousreply 14508/31/2012

Poor Clint leaves a very bad legacy because of this speech and saying good things about that nut job Jon Voight makes it worse.

I was of course voting for Obama any way but poor Clint saying we need a 'business man' for the job convinced me more I'm making the right choice. I know business men AND business majors and believe me you don't want them running our country.

To think this man i (or was) James Brolin's best friend and he was the one who introduced him to Barbra.

by Anonymousreply 14608/31/2012

LOVE the comment that FEMA should be running the Romney campaign.

I hope the Democrats have someone talk to an EMPTY SUIT!

Romney picking Lyin' Ryan

Lyin' Ryan's dead eayed delivery of his non-factual speech

And the Clint Eastwood debacle

made Anne Romney look HUMAN!

Winner of the week: Anne Romney Cookie Recipe

Looser of the Week: Mitt Romney

Close Second: Rinse Prewash of the RNC

by Anonymousreply 14708/31/2012

'Don't think it matters, [R143]. His company finances his films. He's a bit like Mel Gibson in that way. I'm sure right wingers will go to his movies now. Doubt he'll ever be nominated for an Oscar again, though.'

VERY bad for Poor Clint because all he makes is Oscar bait movies. Remember his J Edgar not I repeat NOT a gay movie that didn't get Leo the Oscar he thought he would get? The one who suffers the most is Beyonce or will we hear the announcement that Poor Clint was canned as director of A Star Is Born?

by Anonymousreply 14808/31/2012

Listening to otherwise sane, intelligent, professional adults defend the Eastwood speech reminds me of the way they claimed to be pleased and thrilled at the choice of Sarah Palin in '08.

by Anonymousreply 14909/02/2012

I thought Clint's performance was delightful in that he channeled my dear Ronnie.

by Anonymousreply 15009/02/2012

Here's an irony:

Clint thought it beneath him to appear on his wife's Reality Show!

by Anonymousreply 15209/02/2012

[quote]Clint rocks!! All the time..

Should've been in a rocking chair.

It's not going to work, honey. It was embarrassing for the GOP.

We LOVED it. The only thing that would've made it better is if Palin or Trump was out there to further embarrass the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 15309/02/2012

I'm so disappointed in him. Always thought he was a cool guy. Republicans don't like jazz, unless it's Dixieland. At least poor Sondra Locke is finally vindicated.

by Anonymousreply 15409/02/2012

I was too, R154.

He used to be cool, there is no question.

Perhaps early Alzheimer's?

by Anonymousreply 15509/02/2012

More importantly, will this get us higher ratings?

by Anonymousreply 15609/02/2012

/quoteThe one who suffers the most is Beyonce ..

Yes! Dear god, in these times of such uncertainty, as the direction of the nation stands in the crossroads, WILL SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF BEYONCE!!

by Anonymousreply 15709/02/2012

Who gives a FUCK about Be-wigged???

by Anonymousreply 15809/02/2012

The same thing will happen if Elaine Stritch speaks for the Democrats...

by Anonymousreply 15909/02/2012

[quote]Rinse Prewash

LOL! I'm gonna use that one...

by Anonymousreply 16009/02/2012

What's Reice's story? Seems as gay as the day is long!

by Anonymousreply 16109/02/2012

Eastwood totally trolled the GOP

by Anonymousreply 16209/03/2012

No he didn't.

by Anonymousreply 16309/04/2012

Would someone please set the traps next time before the vermin comes in? Use Rush's turds in place of cheese for enticement.

by Anonymousreply 16509/05/2012

I miss Peg.

by Anonymousreply 16609/05/2012

I think Clint Eastwood messed up badly. I don't think his film will do well, because of that.

by Anonymousreply 16709/05/2012

Clint phones it in

by Anonymousreply 16811/12/2012

Doug McClure gets Clint ready for some Hollywood humping.

by Anonymousreply 16911/12/2012
Need more help? Click Here.