Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Let's face up to facts: OBAMA is going to WIN BIG!!!

Fuck the freepers with their insidious little defeatist messages on this forum.

Obama is ahead with the electoral vote by a considerable margin in the eyes of almost EVERY major pollster, including Nate Silver and www.electoral-vote.com, the two most accurate polling sites for the last few elections.

Please post here to signal your support that Obama is going to win big. And get out and vote in November!!

by Anonymousreply 7111/13/2012

Voting for Obama!

by Anonymousreply 208/30/2012

electoral-vote.com:

Obama ahead, 332 votes to Romney's 206

by Anonymousreply 308/30/2012

Nate Silver:

Obama ahead, 300 electoral votes to Romney's 238

by Anonymousreply 408/30/2012

Michael Moore thinks Romney will win.

by Anonymousreply 508/30/2012

Op is very likely correct but the most important thing to consider is will Obama have any coattails i think that will be the big story of this election.

by Anonymousreply 608/30/2012

R4, just be aware of the complexity of Silver's methodology and that he cuts electoral vote projections to the tenth of a vote. BUT he is predicting a safe win for Obama, certainly. Unless....

by Anonymousreply 708/30/2012

Unless nothing. Obama win. I feel it in my bones.

by Anonymousreply 808/30/2012

Obama

by Anonymousreply 908/30/2012

I hope OP's right!

by Anonymousreply 1008/30/2012

Moore is just trying to scare Democrats so they'll get off their asses and vote. Tons of money doesn't always guarantee a win in politics.

by Anonymousreply 1108/30/2012

I can understand why people are losing interest in this election. It feels like we know a lot about both of these candidates and most folks have already made up their minds and would vote today if they could -- just to get it overwith.

I live in a swing state (Florida), so I am very aware that my vote really counts. But my family lives in Illinois, and whenever I talk to them on the phone and they want to bitch about the election (most of them are Republican), I just remind them that they live in a blue state and their vote really doesn't matter.

Really, the people who live in swing states are the ones who need to be motivated to get out and vote.

And I do believe that President Obama will be re-elected. That makes me happy.

by Anonymousreply 1208/30/2012

Wait till the polls after the convention is over and a a few days pass. Romney now has a solid 191. If it doesn't go up any, he hasn't a hope on getting any more.

The convention is the last chance.

by Anonymousreply 1308/31/2012

Most of the idiot freepers wouldn't be here if the webmaster would make threads invisible to search engines.

by Anonymousreply 1408/31/2012

Don't get complacent. Vote. Donate. Volunteer.

by Anonymousreply 1508/31/2012

Amen, R15.

Contribute before the deadline.

by Anonymousreply 1608/31/2012

And let's just remind ourselves, that despite all the criticism about how Obama and the White House got to where we are -- stumbling defenses of old law, evolving on the issues, finger-wagging at people who were angry, and cynicism that the final moves were all for politics - at the end of the day, this President is the first to (1) endorse same-sex marriage and lead his party to do that on a national platform; (2) support and sign the repeal of DADT into law; and (3) push for the repeal of DOMA.

This is the President who is pushing harder than anyone in history for our full equality.

He deserves our support.

by Anonymousreply 1708/31/2012

Romney outspent his primary opponents by like 10x and still lost a huge amounts of races

by Anonymousreply 1808/31/2012

You guys are preaching to the choir.

Volunteer to preach to the "undecideds."

by Anonymousreply 1908/31/2012

Never has there been such an extreme and unelectable GOP.

Hopefully when Obama gets both houses, he actually stands up to Wall Street bullying now.

by Anonymousreply 2008/31/2012

I agree, and sorry to bore you all by repeating myself but no matter who's in the White House, if the Repukes keep the House and get hold of the Senate it won't matter who's in the White House, we're still screwed, so make sure you get your ass in that voting booth in November and get in your vote for the whole Democratic ticket.

by Anonymousreply 2208/31/2012

Polls are one thing. Votes are another.

by Anonymousreply 2408/31/2012

I have to agree with the OP, especially after hearing Romney's and Ryan's fake lackluster speech. And, Eastwood pretty much costing Romney the election with his crazy speech...OY!

by Anonymousreply 2508/31/2012

I would be so happy if Obama were to win with SWEEPING numbers. Unfortunately, I think it will be close - too close for my comfort. Let's hope the young folks come out to vote once again.

by Anonymousreply 2608/31/2012

I think Obama will win because people just have too many reservations about Romney/Ryan. The President also has a very high likeability factor that makes people reluctant to throw him out.

by Anonymousreply 2808/31/2012

Ryan was revealed to be the complete fraud that he is--even Fox had to admit it.

They're toast.

by Anonymousreply 2908/31/2012

F&F for r27.

by Anonymousreply 3008/31/2012

If the wrong people win, I will DESTROY them!

by Anonymousreply 3108/31/2012

Another voter suppression law was struck down in Ohio. More good news for Obama, even with its upcoming appeal.

by Anonymousreply 3208/31/2012

The message that we shoudl all be repeating is not that Obama is going to win, but that the race is close and needs all of us to get out the vote and support Obama to ensure a victory.

The entire rethug strategy is to generate enough energy in their base to ensure a huge turnout - hence the re-ignition of key culture war issues like abortion, gay marriage, etc.

DO NOT let people like OP carry this idiotic message. At best OP is a simpleton who doesn't understand the flaws with statistical sampling used in polling and at worst is another vector by a freeper to make the gays complacement.

It ain't over until it's over.

by Anonymousreply 3308/31/2012

Yay!

by Anonymousreply 3408/31/2012

There are too many people who will stay home for whatever reasons; mild depression, whatever, but we need *everybody* to get to the polls.

And everyone who can easily get to the polls needs to volunteer to take others.

by Anonymousreply 3508/31/2012

A win is a win. And if he does, I hope he signs tons of executive orders, screw Congress since they didn't want to do anything during his first term.

by Anonymousreply 3709/01/2012

Now is no time for complacency.

Donate to Obama, and to every Democratic House and Senate race you can.

Time, money, signs, bumper-stickers, facebook posts, twitter tweets... whatever you can do.

And make sure to get out and Vote in November. And encourage all your like-minded friends to get out and vote.

by Anonymousreply 3909/01/2012

Clint Eastwood effectively torpedoed Romney's convention. No one is talking about Romney's speech. EVERYONE, from mass media to my next door neighbor is talking about the bizarre empty chair incident. Fucking hilarious! Eastwood did us liberals a huge favor.

by Anonymousreply 4009/01/2012

Voter turnout will be very low.

by Anonymousreply 4109/01/2012

...for Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 4209/01/2012

Don't be fooled. Don't assume anything, least of all that there will be a low voter turn out. The conservatives will come out in droves to get "the n*gger out of the White House." The hate for Obama is scarily irrational. Gee, I wonder why....????

by Anonymousreply 4309/01/2012

There are BILLIONS of dollars being invested in a Romney Win by very rich and powerful people.

These same people not only own congressmen, they own the voting machines and the media.

DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING FOR GRANTED.

Everyone who is against a Romney Presidency needs to come out IN FORCE, and VOTE FOR OBAMA. Even if you're disappointed in him for whatever reason.

There is no time for vanity 3rd party votes. All those do is split the majority, allowing the Republicans to steal the election through voter suppresion, voter intimidation, voter roll purging, and voting fraud.

We must make sure Romney and his minions are defeated. That is job number one. We can worry about all the other things after that threat is removed. If that threat isn't removed, then none of the other things will even matter.

by Anonymousreply 4409/01/2012

Oh, R43, they don't hate him for his color. They only hate him for what they imagine he did... while wearing their race-colored glasses.

I am so jonesing for the debates. I love people thinking Paul Ryan will be able to handle Biden.

Sorry, kiddo, you got to lie to the choir. I doubt ol' Joe will let you do it again.

by Anonymousreply 4509/01/2012

R44 is right. Oh, and I think OP might be a freeper.

by Anonymousreply 4609/01/2012

he should ditch biden, he's useless

by Anonymousreply 4809/01/2012

Keep talking to that chair, R47. One of these days, you might be able to match its intellect.

by Anonymousreply 4909/01/2012

As were your English teachers, R48.

by Anonymousreply 5009/01/2012

Obama will only win if people don't get complacent, think he already has it in the bag and then stay home on election day. Keep ramming that into the Dems' asses.

by Anonymousreply 5209/01/2012

r51 is completely incapable of evaluating the worthiness of polls, knowing that the President is not elected by popular vote, or realizing that every candidate gets a momentary bump from his party's convention.

by Anonymousreply 5309/01/2012

Again, with the well-reasoned rebuttal, r54/51/47.

by Anonymousreply 5509/01/2012

I think it's Obama's election to lose.

They can't get complacent, of course. But I doubt that they would. Obama's a damn good campaigner, he proved that in '08.

by Anonymousreply 5609/01/2012

And he doesn't know that Rasmussen is a right wing skewing polling operation.

by Anonymousreply 5709/01/2012

I think John Kerry is a great analogy, but I think it applies to Romney, not Obama. Kerry was always close in the polls - depending on the day, sometimes he was over 270 and other days he wasn't. In the end, he had to win either Florida or Ohio, and he lost both. Bush had many paths to 270, Romney's could only go through FL and OH. I was confident he'd pull it off, and I remember sitting and watching in horror as Florida and Ohio were both called for Bush and realizing that it was all over.

Bush was very unpopular with about 50% of the country, just like Obama. And I think for all the same reasons Bush won anyway, Obama will win. Just like Kerry, Romney has very few paths to 270 and Florida and Ohio are must-wins for him (in addition to several others.) I think he'll lose at least one of those, if not both, and regardless of whatever else happens Obama will get to 270 and will win.

So, yes. John Kerry is a very appropriate analogy, but this time around the Dems have the incumbent advantage. Remember the whole "You don't change horses midstream"? Same applies here. It's Obama's to lose, we just need to Get Out The Vote.

by Anonymousreply 5809/01/2012

I think it will be record low turnout on both sides. But Obama will squeak by, much the same way the unpopular Bush won a second term.

by Anonymousreply 5909/01/2012

If you think turnout will be record low, you're smoking something pretty strong.

And the Kerry == Romney angle is truer than you think:

by Anonymousreply 6009/01/2012

9/1/2012

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A modest bump in popularity for U.S. presidential hopeful Mitt Romney from this week's Republican Party convention looks to be short-lived, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll.

Democratic President Barack Obama regained a narrow lead on Saturday by 44 percent to 43 percent over his Republican challenger, former Massachusetts Governor Romney, in the latest daily installment of the four-day rolling poll.

Romney was ahead by one point in Friday's online poll and two points in Thursday's survey as his campaign came under a blaze of media attention at the convention in Tampa, Florida.

by Anonymousreply 6109/01/2012

Ha!

by Anonymousreply 6209/01/2012

[quote]Still drinking black kool aid?

You should try it. I'm sure it would be an improvement over your usual drink of grandpa's piss, you worthless turd.

by Anonymousreply 6309/01/2012

I say there's going to be a recount. It's going to be that close. If the economy wasn't so bad, Obama would win by a landslide.

by Anonymousreply 6409/01/2012

I say there's going to be a recount. It's going to be that close. If the economy wasn't so terrible, Obama would win by a landslide.

by Anonymousreply 6509/01/2012

R64, a recount where? You do understand this isn't a nationwide popular vote contest, right? Nationwide polls aren't nearly as significant as state polls in the swing states.

by Anonymousreply 6609/01/2012

Bumping this thread to congratulate the OP on his accurate prediction. :-)

by Anonymousreply 6711/13/2012

Yes, OP you were right all along. There was another thread that said Obama supporters were in for a rude awakening and that there would be tears and anger and shock because Romney was going to win. Haha!

by Anonymousreply 6811/13/2012

I mean if we hypothesize the military is behind it...well, then their acceptance of gays in recent years may be the story behind our electoral wins this year. But why would they want a GOP Congress? Surely they know it is weakening the country.

by Anonymousreply 6911/13/2012

I'm all for a gay military. Think of the uniforms!!

by Anonymousreply 7011/13/2012

Before the election, Fox news said Romney would win over 300 electoral votes in a landslide.

After the election, they said Obama won the election by a "sliver" with his over 300 electoral votes.

by Anonymousreply 7111/13/2012
Need more help? Click Here.