Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hi, I'm Steve Burton, and I'm unemployed.

You may know me from such films as "The Last Castle", which no one saw, and nothing else. I also played hitman Jason Morgan on General Hospital. Until today.

Does anybody own a record label that needs any country-western-styled rap music?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 53312/08/2012

That's the best news I've had all day!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 108/28/2012

link?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 208/28/2012

So you just know this big baby has been upset ever since FV and RC took over and don't bow to his "Christian" wishes. He's such a huge homophobe you know he can't stand working with them. And I bet that awful JFP has a role ready for him on Y&R. So, do you think they will recast and if so, with who?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 408/28/2012

TV Guide Magazine: Word is, this is one of the most amicable soap exits ever — no money battles, storyline complaints, testy negotiations. Where's all the drama, dude?

Burton: I've been through 21 years of ups and downs with GH — regime changes, cast and crew changes, budget cuts, shakeups of one kind or another, and it's been nothing but a huge positive in my life and for my family. I have no complaints, no negative feelings at all. But it's time to go. I'm going to take some time off and do nothing but relax, just enjoy life a little bit with my wife and kids. I've bought a home in Tennessee, way out in the country outside Nashville. [Laughs] Probably too far out in the country! I've been talking about leaving GH and moving there for the last seven years. The timing was never right and then the economy crashed and I couldn't sell my house in California. I went there many years ago when I did the movie The Last Castle and loved it. Tennessee reminded me of growing up in Ohio. The people are nice, it's family oriented and, now that my kids are 6 and almost 9, I want to get them planted. My contract was coming up at GH so we put the house up for sale again and it went in, like, eight weeks. That opened the door for me to leave GH.

TV Guide Magazine: They didn't freak and offer you the world to stay? Jason's departure is going to leave a big hole in a lot of characters' lives — Sam, Sonny, Elizabeth, Carly. This is huge!

Burton: Obviously, they want me to stay and I know the timing's not the best in terms of story, but the timing for me, personally, is perfect. That doesn't mean this is easy. It's so comfortable for me at GH. This show has been my life, my family. I grew up there! I tried to sit down and write a statement to the fans to say how I feel and how much I appreciate them because they have been absolutely amazing and so incredibly loyal. I'm on Twitter a lot and have gotten to know a lot them. I'm going to miss doing the personal appearances and seeing so many of the same people again and again over the years. So I tried to write something and it was really, really tough. I couldn't get through it.

TV Guide Magazine: How will the show handle this? They wouldn't dare recast, would they?

Burton: I really don't know. Right now my last tape date is Sept. 25 but I told them I'm happy to stay for another couple of weeks if it helps wrap things up. So it looks like I will be on air through October, maybe into November.

TV Guide Magazine: Would you be open to a return visit? You could always do the Vanessa Marcil thing.

Burton: I would never say that I am closing the door to GH. But, in addition to my personal reasons for leaving, I do want to see what else is out there for me, as an actor and as a producer.

TV Guide Magazine: There's buzz that you and James Franco and [former GH exec producer] Jill Farren Phelps have teamed on a TV project.

Burton: Yeah, and it's looking great. Jill went off and did that telenovela Hollywood Heights [at Nickelodeon] and James did a day's work there. Suddenly he decides he wants to make one of his own novellas through his production company and we're like, "Huh?" So the three of us collaborated on an idea and came up with a really good one. Jill will EP it, I'll produce and star in it and so will James. We'll be able to get a lot of great cameos and guest stars because of James' connections. It'll be a fun show to do.

TV Guide Magazine: So then it's sold? It's a done deal?

Burton: [Laughs] Uh...actually I'm not supposed to be talking about it.

TV Guide Magazine: Speaking of Jill, she's now over at The Young and the Restless. Would you do a role there?

Burton: Listen, Jill is one of my dearest friends. [Laughs] I'm never going to say never because , as soon as I do, I'll be popping up over there! Here's the thing: As cool as it was to know I had a nice, cushy place to go every day with GH, I think it's going to be just as cool to not have a nice, cushy place to go every day. I like not knowing what's next for a change. I'm jumping off a cliff in a total leap of faith.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 508/28/2012

Now if he could just take Sonny with him........

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 608/28/2012

I checked out some of the GH sites to see the reaction. Even the fangurls are happy to see him go.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 708/28/2012

Steve Burton may look hunky in black T's but he has a voice that was made for silent films.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 808/28/2012

What about that short little gay guy who looks gaunt? Is he POS? He may be spray tanned to the max but he still looks sick. Scott Reeves is his name

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 908/28/2012

Why is everyone moving to Tennessee? What's going on in Tennessee? Tennessee DLers care to weigh in?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 1008/28/2012

Absolutely terrible copy but here is Steve doing Circus Of The Stars in Purple tights.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 1108/28/2012

More cow pies per-capita than any other state, r10. Burton is a cow pie connoisseur, he hopes one day to build a home out of them.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 1208/28/2012

Burton says in that linked article that he and James Franco are producing and starring in their own "novella." Why in the world would Franco want to have anything to do with a cretin like Burton? I thought Franco had half a brain and some sensibility.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 1308/28/2012

SB saw the writing on the wall. His Jason character is not the big cheese anymore. FV and RC have made their boys (Todd and John) the big fish in town. Sucks for Steve but it's great for Michael Easton and Roger Howarth. I bet Sonny goes next. His role has eroded too.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 1408/28/2012

Hated Michael on OLTL but now I like him and I have always loved Roger Howarth. I started watching this show when he came on.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 1508/28/2012

..... Forgot to mention .... and I've got a lot of health juice in my garage to sell !!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 1608/28/2012

Can I spank you?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 1708/29/2012

Mmmm...mmmm.....mmmmhh!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 1808/29/2012

You have your juice, cookbook and Jesus. You'll be fine.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 1908/29/2012

[quote] Why is everyone moving to Tennessee? What's going on in Tennessee? Tennessee DLers care to weigh in?

The Christian Militia. When the end days come they'll be armed and ready to greet Jesus.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 2008/29/2012

He played a hit man? And he's not a villain? How did that work?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 2108/29/2012

Who is the surprise character showed in the clinic scene? Is that Ian Buchanan?? He was on GH at one time?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 2208/29/2012

[quote]Why is everyone moving to Tennessee? What's going on in Tennessee? Tennessee DLers care to weigh in? For the goo-goo clusters made famous in Robert Altman's NASHVILLE

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 2308/29/2012

He's homophobic, but working with James Franco?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 2408/29/2012

'He played a hit man? And he's not a villain? How did that work?'

It didn't. That's why the ratings have gone down steadily for the past 12 years or so. Sonny and Jason killed the show.

I've been watching the past couple of weeks and I'm actually enjoying watching Todd, McBain (gasp) and Jax. It's quite an improvement.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 2508/29/2012

Jerry Jacks is holding the town of Port Charles hostage after poisoning its water supply. Everyone is set to die in 48 hours and the town is under quarantine.

r22, the surprise character was Duke Lavery, played by Ian Buchanan. Duke was one of the great loves of Anna Devane's life, a Scottish mobster who came to town in the 80s and tried to give up the mob life for her and Robin but "died". Somehow Duke is involved in the storyline with Robin being held hostage.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 2608/29/2012

Also, Kassie DePaiva, Florencia Lozano and Trevor St. John from One Life to Live should be returning this fall.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 2708/29/2012

R23, when they automated the Goo-Goo Cluster plant, the quality went way down. I was living in Nashville at the time and it was a sad moment.

One of my co-workers was a Burton fangurl. She said nobody cares if he leaves. He's a lying power hungry diva and everyone is tired of him.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 2808/29/2012

The thing is I wasn't kidding about the country-western rap music.

Steve and his GH buddies like Scott Reeves (Steven Webber), Bradford Anderson (Spinelli) etc have formed a musical group called "Port Chuck" which performs at fan events and charges the fraus an arm and a leg. Presumably while making it rain with all-natural berry juice drink Monavie.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 2908/29/2012

[quote] Steve and his GH buddies like Scott Reeves (Steven Webber), Bradford Anderson (Spinelli) etc have formed a musical group called "Port Chuck" which performs at fan events and charges the fraus an arm and a leg. Presumably while making it rain with all-natural berry juice drink Monavie.

up chuck is more like it

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 3008/29/2012

It is a Christian Music Group

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 3108/29/2012

Spinelli is a jesushead too?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 3208/29/2012

[quote]What about that short little gay guy who looks gaunt? Is he POS? He may be spray tanned to the max but he still looks sick. Scott Reeves is his name.

Scott is all man! He's kept me very, very happy for the last 20 years.

He's born again and does the right Christian thing. Always. When I sinned, Scott made me stand up in church and confess my sin! Now I'm saved.

We both believe in free speech and supporting Christian businesses and are raising our kids to believe the same thing.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 3308/29/2012

OMG FLORENCIA!

I am so happy now.

And yeah Jason can go.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 3408/29/2012

FloLo is back on the 7th, r34. She's going on the run with that baby.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 3508/29/2012

Can't WAIT to see my beloved Trevor again!! I figured they would have to resolve his story line as he got the last scene on the final OLTL.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 3608/29/2012

Attn Florencia Lozano Fans: she's doing a play in NYC with the magnificent Kathleen Chalfant. Go for Florencia and fall in love with Kathleen.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 3708/29/2012

R36, I'm a big TSJ fan too. He is my celebrity crush. Would love to see him on GH or a prime time show. How does someone that talented and hot not have producers begging at his feet?

Never a fan of Steve Burton but it does have to suck getting tossed aside like that. Oh well, GH shouldn't have been saved over OLTL in the first place. It made zero sense.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 3808/29/2012

True. GH is becoming watchable again.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 3908/29/2012

I don't feel sorry for him. He has hogged the camera and peddled his pyramid scheme juice for years. Surely he has plenty of MonaVie money squirreled away. Good riddance.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 4008/29/2012

They have a new Maxie. Like her so far. Cute and not overeaching as much as the previous actress. With this one, the quirkiness comes naturally. They use to make over the air announcements of actor replacements.

I am a OLTL crossover who is now getting into GH but it has taken awhile. I do love Roger and I never thought I'd say it--- I even like Michael Easton on this....

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 4109/06/2012

R41, the "new" Maxie was the previous one. She had some health issues and was away for over a year.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 4209/06/2012

R41 I don't get it. I like ME here too. It's weird.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 4309/06/2012

Can't stand the old Maxie. She was horrible on Days of our Lives and even worse on this show. Thought new Maxie was at least believable. Every time old Maxie speaks, sounds like she's reading lines.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 4409/06/2012

Is it true FloLo is back this week?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 4509/06/2012

Tennessee has no state income tax, that's probably why he's moving there.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 4609/06/2012

OMG, that's Bea Arthur hosting the show in R11's link. And it's in 1988, right in the middle of The Golden Girls, so she couldn't have needed the work.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 4709/06/2012

Thanks R41-- did not know that. Never watched until the OLTL cross over and Robin Mattson came back.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 4809/06/2012

R43- I HATED him on OLTL. I was glad when he was in that accident and he was presumed dead. Now it's like a different character. He's acting the same, same long hair, same whispered lines.. maybe it's because he is a reminder of Llanview.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 4909/06/2012

Does he still look like he'd stink?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 5009/06/2012

I guess he does but there's something about him in Port Charles that makes him way more likable.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 5109/06/2012

He's still ugly.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 5209/06/2012

True R51.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 5309/06/2012

Bump.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 5409/06/2012

R49, I think it's because when he was in Llandview there were more interesting characters on that show. I don't feel GH has as many good characters. That's why I think he sticks out more now than he did then. JMO.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 5509/06/2012

Good point R55

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 5609/06/2012

I love TSJ too! He is my ultimate crush. That man is so talented and sexy. I know he's straight and all but man is he hot.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 5709/06/2012

There is a rumor circulating that Brian Gaskill (Rafe the angel on Port Charles) was a favorite for a Victor Jr recast on the online OLTL since TSJ would not be returning long term. I don't believe it for a second. TSJ could not be more different from Gaskill, who is sloppy and unkempt and has long been rumored to have drug/alcohol problems.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 5809/06/2012

Steve Burton, thanks for posting here! I do remember you in "The Last Castle" with Robert Redford. I don't think you realize that you're popular here, and everyone knows you from General Hospital.

The guys posting here are the usual clowns, so don't take things too seriously here. I hope you find help soon, good luck!

Feel free to post here anytime.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 5909/06/2012

Bree Williamson was also not doing the online thing so they were obviously planning to recast Jessica as well since she wasn't written out in the finale. I'd be interested in where the show was headed had OLTL continued online. Surely Carlivatti had some story outlines already put together for early 2012. I wonder if he's used any of that material on GH.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 6009/06/2012

r60, the word was that John and Natalie would be "the new Bo and Nora", solving crimes while in love, but I think that was just the pitch. They were already setting some stuff up. RC was never a fan of John and Natalie, more a Natalie fan. And in the last months and weeks of the show he was playing John and Tea up together in scenes that grew very intimate. I think that would have been his angle to bust John and Natalie up and create drama for Tea when Victor returned.

They were supposed to be intent on going forward with "the two Todds" even if they had to recast Victor. Roger Howarth was expected to be back once he had a pre scheduled break and assuming they could iron out his contract negotiation, but in the meantime Blair was going to be with Ted King's Tomas, as she is now. Even on GH I don't think that is going to last, since KDP is coming back this month or next and is rumored to be staying.

They were going to recast Starr and Jessica since Kristen Alderson was moving to Los Angeles. And I know they wanted to keep Josh Kelly as Cutter Wentworth.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 6109/06/2012

R58, I admit that I don't know who BG is but I believe you. The only person I think could have handled Victor/Todd would be Michael Muhney from Y&R. I also think TSJ would be a good replacement for MM (Adam) if he should ever leave. Both of those actors should have producers begging at their feet.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 6209/06/2012

Frank puts the money up front in the promo for GH's move to 2 PM. This show is so much better since they canned the old writers. They actually showcase Ingo Rademacher and Nancy Lee Grahn.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 6309/06/2012

R45-- she was back today!!!!!!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 6409/06/2012

I don't know where that Brian Gaskill rumor came from, but I always thought it was bull. There's just no comparison. No way could BG capture the intensity TSJ brought. Michael Muhney could and he's also physically similar to TSJ. One name thrown around that would have been really interesting is Rick Hearst.

Just caught up with Friday's show and my girl FL looked great with cute baby "Victor". Robin Mattson always makes any show worth watching.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 6509/08/2012

Are Steve Burton and Scott Reeves friends with this guy? He could use some help now.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 6609/08/2012

There are rumors swirling that Kin Shriner and Rick Hearst are both on their way back to GH. The Hearst thing seems very likely as last week on the show, Molly made a point of saying her letters to Ric in LA were coming back "return to sender" and she doesn't know where he is.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 6709/08/2012

Sounds like the GH cast will soon be big enough for 2 shows. Can Maura West be far behind?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 6809/08/2012

Roger looked really hot all sweaty and stuff.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 6909/10/2012

Just a heads up--GH moves into its new time slot today. Check your local listings.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 7009/10/2012

I hope they keep Robin Mattson. She is great. Is it true that Kassie (Blair) is coming back?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 7109/11/2012

Kassie is back either this month or sometime next, r71.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 7209/11/2012

GH hit a 2.5 yesterday in its new slot! See what happens when you promote the show even slightly ABC?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 7309/11/2012

Oh. My. God.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 7509/11/2012

Is Steve still gay?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 7609/11/2012

What's the latest about Ronn Moss and GH? Does it look like he well do short term role?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 7709/11/2012

I havn't heard anything about Ron Moss coming to GH. I did hear a rumor about Jack Wagner coming back to throw a wrench in the Mac/Felicia reunion. Ron would make a good Frisco recast if JW can't/won't come back.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 7809/11/2012

Does Jack look decent?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 7909/25/2012

Huge rumour is that Steve Burton is taking over Billy Miller's role.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 8009/25/2012

Jack Wagner looks wrinkled and 60. Years of golfing without sunscreen.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 8109/25/2012

Crap on a cracker, I hope the Billy Miller rumor is not true. He is a way better actor than Steve Burton and way more attractive. Friends of Jill will start destroying the show sooner rather than later.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 8209/25/2012

I think I read in another thread that Billy Miller isn't definitely leaving.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 8309/25/2012

R80, that's crazy. I'm sure JFP is somewhat unrealistic about SB (she let him eat GH after all), but I don't think even she would believe Jess Walton looks like his mother.

What Billy Miller does is not acting. He's in there to ham it up, much more appropriate to a BBC sitcom than a soap.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 8409/25/2012

If Burton debulked, you have to admit that he and Billy Miller could be twins.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 8509/25/2012

Sean Kaanan is returning to GH the day after SB leaves.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 8609/25/2012

[quote]If Burton debulked, you have to admit that he and Billy Miller could be twins.

Nope. They have two different looks. Billy Miller has a wider smile and a more jovial look about him.

They both have great tits, however. Billy's are even more suckable than Steve's.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 8709/25/2012

Billy's wonderful tits

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 8809/25/2012

Let's have a closer look at Steve's to be sure

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 8909/25/2012

Burton's body will only take him so far. If he does go to Y&R they will probably link him to Victor Newman so he can start hogging airtime ASAP!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 9009/26/2012

bump

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 9110/17/2012

My girl FL rocked her scenes yesterday. She and Todd were the best part of the show. I loved the way she stroked his arm and hair as she delivered her lines so icily.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 9210/18/2012

Agree R92. I wish she'd stick around.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 9310/18/2012

Wherent there rumors that Victor JR (TSJ) was coming to Gh? If so she could stick around. If not, who else could she be paired with? Shes too good for Sonny but she would make one helluva mob lawyer. I can't really think of anyone else is her age bracket other than John, Todd, steven lars, Sonny...although age means nothing. They could have her date Morgan in a few months.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 9410/18/2012

[quote]Wherent there rumors that Victor JR (TSJ) was coming to Gh? If so she could stick around.

Hope so!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 9510/18/2012

I would bet that TSJ will be back for the Victor-is-alive reveal, but I wouldn't count on it being more than a few days' worth of work for him - at least for now. I think while RH has resigned himself to being a soap actor (and it shows in his work), TSJ is still clinging to hope for a primetime or film career.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 9610/20/2012

He was shot on Friday so it looks like his run is indeed coming to an end.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 9710/20/2012

GH is currently auditioning guys to add to the cast.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 9810/20/2012

Shirtless Todd on today's GH!!! He looks good.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 9910/24/2012

Todd's shirtless scene was hot today. And what a nice butt on him too.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 10010/24/2012

Laura Wright has really terrible teeth.

And a gigantic ass.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 10110/25/2012

Is Genie coming back? Would live her paired with Kin.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 10210/25/2012

Is Kin back? Or are you suggesting that both Genie and Kin should return?

I wouldn't mind seeing you return Celia, but something tells me you might be the recipient of some horrid plastic surgery in recent years. Just a guess.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 10310/25/2012

Kin was considered for part of what became the upcoming Qs/business arc. Scott was going to come in and run a con, making big moves and pinning them on the dead Franco. Instead RC went with bringing AJ back and having him become a bigger force on GH.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 10410/25/2012

It's genious bringing AJ back. Even more genius having him played by Sean Kanan.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 10510/25/2012

Sean Kanan did not burn up our TV screens on Y&R and B&B. The jury is out on what he'll do for GH. My guess is not much. I think his only reason for being hired at GH is his resemblance to Steve Burton, but who cares about that?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 10610/25/2012

Sean Kanan was the original AJ...

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 10710/25/2012

Back when he looked a lot better than he does today. That was a long time ago.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 10810/25/2012

R101, oddly Laura Wright has just developed the larger ass in the last 6 months or year.

She never had a large ass before 6 months or a year ago.

Her hips have also become quite a bit more broad in the last 6 months.

I find her very attractive though. A seriously good looking woman!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 10910/25/2012

Billy Miller is not looking well right now.

He looks very pale, overweight, chubby, and he stopped getting his hair blonde highlighted.

He looks a lot better with blonde highlights (or predominantly blonde)

He should also comb his hair over the two balding widow peaks and receding hairline which he was doing until very recently.

He was excellent in a recent Lifetime channel movie playing the husband who killed his new wife on their honeymoon when they were scuba diving by pulling out her airhose.

He was very cute up until the last two months.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 11010/25/2012

What is Steve Burton planning to do now that is gone from General Hospital?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 11110/25/2012

She grew a huge set of hips when she was pregnant with her youngest child and she never really lost it. Part of the problem is wardrobe, who keep letting her go braless even though her tits hang down near her waist. They also keep emphasizing her wide butt.

It was even worse when she was allowed to choose her own wardrobe.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 11210/25/2012

Daytime Confidential is reporting that Wally Kurth and Robin Christopher are returning. Supposedly we'll be seeing more of Tea and Blair also.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 11310/25/2012

Great news, r113. The Quartermaines need to be on more often. Decimating them was one of Frons' worst mistakes. With AJ coming back I hope Michael's connection is explored. Anything to reduce the airtime of the mob and Sonny. I would also like to see Jax come back; he and Skye had great chemistry. I also liked Ned and Alexis back in the day.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 11410/25/2012

Alexis got huge breast implants a year or so ago and has looked overweight ever since.

The breast implants are way too large.

She seems to have gained weight - the weight gain is obvious - and the big breast implants do not help.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 11510/25/2012

Ned will be back for Edward's funeral. Skye will be mixing it up with Todd. They have lots of history going back to Skye's OLTL run.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 11610/25/2012

I was thinking Nancy Grahn had put on a few (still flawlessly beautiful) but I hadn't noticed the implants. I'll have to pay attention to her jugs next time.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 11710/25/2012

AJ and Michael will be rivals for ELQ - due to Edward Q's will. Michael will stand by baby Daniel.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 11810/25/2012

I loved Ned and Alexis. I hope Ned is back for a long visit.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 11910/26/2012

Isn't Maxie even a little afraid that there's a Hell?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 12010/26/2012

Technically, Sean wasn't the first AJ - besides the many child actors, the first 'adult' to play AJ was Gerald Hopkins - but admittedly, Sean had the more memorable run of the two - and then along came Billy Warlock.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 12110/26/2012

Gerald Hopkins was cute and looked like Stuart D.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 12210/26/2012

What would we do without you r121?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 12310/27/2012

I'd like to see Steve and that husky hunk Brandon Barash get together and fuck.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 12410/27/2012

Fuck that, R124. *I* want to fuck Barash.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 12510/27/2012

Sean Kanan looks kind of like Steve Burton melted a little.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 12610/27/2012

Great to see Sean back as AJ. Wonder if he's just a figment on Monica's imagination or if he's real.

Sean looks great for 45, better than he did a few years ago on Y&R. Has he has face work?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 12710/27/2012

Not before me, R125. He (and Y&R's Billy Miller) has some of the best tits I've ever seen on a guy.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 12810/27/2012

I agree this Sean Kanan is cute... don't know anything about him. Is he in the Jesus juice business like Steve Burton and that overly tan doctor Steven Lars?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 12910/27/2012

I don't think SK is a religious guy, I have never heard that about him. I am so glad that fucker Burton is off my screen - him and his creepy stare and his one-note acting.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 13010/27/2012

He'll be on Y&R soon enough.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 13110/27/2012

I know Sean is Jewish

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 13210/27/2012

I was standing about a foot and a half away from Dr. Patrick Drake this weekend. Nodded and made eye contact. You'll never convince me he doesn't play for our team.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 13310/29/2012

Steve went from twink (Out Of This World to He-Man (these days). Steroids?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 13410/30/2012

Steve went from twink (Out Of This World to He-Man (these days). Steroids?

Most likely. He went to Hawaii at least twice and saw a personal trainer there. Both times he came back looking very moon-faced and different. Subsequent to each visit, he put on a very large amount of muscle mass.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 13510/30/2012

r133 I've gotten a similar impression off Jason Thompson.

Was waiting with some other fans outside a post daytime Emmy party. We were just there to see who was coming and going.

When Jason walked out, some of the female fans rushed up to get autographs and photos. I stood back and just observed it all, as I had done all night.

So, while all these women are up in his face, who does Jason start checking out? Moi.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 13610/30/2012

He was with three other guys in a very prominently gay area of town r136. He's not as tall as he seems on TV and VERY skinny. I guess the camera really does add ten pounds.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 13710/30/2012

This is kind of off topic, but I went to the Days of our Lives Facebook page and women are freaking out over the gay bedroom scenes between Will and Sonny, so much for the misconception that women are more comfortable with homosexuality than straight men! You should really go on the Days FB page the homophobia is unbelievable in 2012, women are saying how gross and disgusting two guys kissing is and how they're done with the show, on top of that some dude posted that he don't want his kids watching some fags making out on TV in which a bunch of fraus immediately liked his comment! The sheer hatred aimed at gay men in this society is still unbelievable! Lesbians have it so much easier, the most anti-gay male straight guy LOVES seeing2 women together, while straight women could care less, but when it comes to 1 men together all her breaks loose. It's like how dare good looking guts not love pussy, how dare they? This world is so fucked and backwards when it comes to this issue, meanwhile gay male youth continue to kill themselves at an akarming rate. It's disgusting and I'm tired of all the homophobia being directed at gay men and then using a God that may or may not exist to justify it.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 13810/30/2012

r137 What part of town? Silverlake? Weho? Where?

Were they outside a club or what?

Details, please. Inquiring minds want to know!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 13910/30/2012

Ran into him Saturday on Bourbon St near the 800 block. I was in town for the Madonna concert, not sure why he was there.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 14010/31/2012

Is KdP back in time to sing us a country ditty for sweeps?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 14210/31/2012

Kassie and Florencia literally got stuck at the airport over the weekend.

Their airdates have been rescheduled for whenever they can get out of town.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 14310/31/2012

KDP and FL were also on twitter considering doing a Thelma & Louise and taking it on the road to CA by car. That would've been worth watching. They are close friends.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 14410/31/2012

That's a message from God, r143. He sent the Hurricane to NY for the express reason to keep OLTL people away from GH.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 14510/31/2012

What do we know about hunkalicious EP Frank Valentini?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 14610/31/2012

I know you'll have to wait in line if you want a turn with him R146.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 14710/31/2012

Frank and Ron are bringing back the Nurse's Ball aren't they? It was basically foreshadowed today.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 14811/01/2012

They're bringing back the Nurses' Ball to spotlight the dubious singing talents of Starr and Blair.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 14911/01/2012

Will Blair and Carly have a dust up over Todd? They seem so much alike.

Heads up! Shirtless Roger on Friday~

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 15011/01/2012

[quote] They're bringing back the Nurses' Ball to spotlight the dubious singing talents of Starr and Blair.

Oh no!! Still have not recovered from Blair warbling "All That Jazz" and little Starr tapping away in the OLTL 'very special salute to Kander and Ebb prison musical' special from years ago.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 15111/01/2012

Starr and Blair duet. So disgusting, my cat left home rather than listen to any more.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 15211/02/2012

Jason Thompson looked adorable in his racecar driver costume today.

So glad they are reviving the Nurses Ball. Paging Lucy Coe.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 15311/02/2012

Frank and Ron love a ball - every year on OLTL they had the big "Heart Ball" where all the women wore red.

And they also love TO ball....

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 15411/02/2012

He was there for the same reason you were, R140.

The Madonna concert.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 15511/02/2012

It's the KISH crisis from OLTL all over again, R138.

Watch TPTB drop that storyline like a hot potato before the end of the year....

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 15611/02/2012

Fuck yeah!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 15711/03/2012

Great, another veteran whose history and character they can re-write to suit themselves. Maybe they'll even have to re-write it several times to make it fit the story they want to tell.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 15811/03/2012

r158

Can you give give some examples of Ron and Frank rewriting history to suit themselves? TIA

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 15911/03/2012

I can't think of one veteran who returned whose history was rewritten. They explained Duke being alive, farfetched as it was, but it did not rewrite history except he is alive instead of dead; same with A.J. in fact Ron is making great use of A.J.'s history with Carly and Sonny and has been right on the money. Can't believe people want to continue to whine because their fave Guza, the master of rewriting history and character destruction, is no longer around to write the laughable mob story. Steve Burton's fans are pissed off and blaming Frank/Ron for Stone Cold's departure. Frankly, it was 5 years overdue.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 16011/03/2012

The 80s characters he has brought back are not the original characters. For example, Anna would not have wiped her boots on Luke and the history re-write is that she didn't really know him back then. Her character has been re-written for the continued sanctification of Luke the rapist. Anna never took a back seat to the men in her life. Remember, she was Anna Peel, and Anna Peel did not exist to support a male character.

Robert would never have acted the way he did around Robin's supposed death. Robert was John Steed and he always kept his head.

I'm not watching now, but I've been told Duke is also not being written in character.

Monica certainly is not anything like her former self.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 16111/03/2012

[quote]For example, Anna would not have wiped her boots on Luke and the history re-write is that she didn't really know him back then.

Sorry, but that was confusing. I should have said the history re-write is that she knew him well back then when that is not true. They were barely acquainted.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 16211/03/2012

When Anna did a guest stint during May 2006 sweeps, that was the first time that Luke and Anna had ever had scenes together. They specifically addressed it as the first time they had met, even though they had heard of each other.

As I recall, her debut scene was climbing down the helecopter ladder and punching Luke, later explaining she had some grievance about him.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 16311/04/2012

While I'm enjoying Sean's return as AJ and willing to suspend belief about his "death," there's one thing that seems strange.

On the fake passport AJ is using, I freeze framed the scene and saw it was issued in October 2004 under the name of Tolliver Crane. Then Alice made a point of saying it was issued after AJ died, which Monica didn't dispute.

The strange thing is that AJ died during the May 2005 sweeps.

What difference does a year make? Why are they now saying it was 2004?

As much research as they did into AJ's backstory to get it right, they would have surely found the correct date. So, why not use it?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 16411/04/2012

Have they noted that Crane Tolliver was Lila's first husband who never divorced her, thus making Alan and Tracy illegitimate? And he was later the killer of Susan Moore, Jason's mother? Is that why they picked the name?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 16511/04/2012

Tristan Rogers is returning November 15!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 16611/04/2012

Oh, another thrill. But no.

A young friend calls it Zombie Hospital now.

When I see stills with more than one of the 80s zombies, I wonder how much money was spent on plastic surgery by the subjects of those photos. Yikes, not a natural looking face among them.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 16711/04/2012

[quote]The Jews really do control the media don't they? I'm not racist ro anything but the Jews somehows always get these lucrative jobs... $30-40 million just to leave?

Maybe the Jews are smarter and study more than your kind.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 16811/04/2012

I love the people who say they are not watching GH but have an in-depth opinion about it because of what "a friend told them", LOL. I assume they are the Guzaites who seem to forget no one trashed returning characters they way he did. RC at least gives them dignity, like Anna still being a kick ass who does not take anything off a man and can take care of herself. She always, however, caved when it came to Duke and would make excuses. So that is right on with her character. Duke's whole story has not played out yet; otherwise there is no difference in his character's personality; he seems like a bad guy this time around, but it is a red herring at this point. Anyone watching the show would know how much it has improved.

Heather Webber is still a psycho and A.J. is exactly the same and bringing some great story. Monica is also the same, no different and she and Tracy are getting a ton of screentime.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 16911/07/2012

There is a theory floating around that Duke is really Faison, and that could explain why he seems extra evil this time around.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 17011/07/2012

I'm glad they're using history and revisiting what Carly and Sonny did to AJ. I was so bugged by previous writers' propping up of a mobster who tortured and forced a man to give up his legal rights to his son. That angel always irked me. AJ was depicted as horrible because he didn't want his son to be around a mobster. Michael finding out how bad Sonny and Carly were to AJ is great. I would love it if Michael starts interacting with the Quartermaines more. Too band Edward and Alan won't be on the canvas.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 17111/09/2012

Angel should be angle. Pardon the typo.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 17211/09/2012

I'm Anna Devane, and I have poor eyesight when it comes to latex masks.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 17311/09/2012

Not to mention kissing rubbery lips.

Looks like my prediction about Ned leading the clan in "We Gather Together" this Thanksgiving might turn out to be true -- I recently saw a clue dropped on one of the spoiler boards that "pizza will be served" at Edward's memorial. We all know what that means...

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 17411/10/2012

Both Ned and Skye are back this month for the memorial/Thanksgiving. Skye tangles with Blair, her old OLTL nemesis, who returns along with Tea around November 26th or 27th.

The Nurses Ball returns in December with Lucy Coe and others, and is a tribute to both Edward and Robin.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 17511/10/2012

So, is it Faison underneath that mask?

Perhaps Damian Smith returned to life wanting to get his share of the mob?

Or Anthony Zacchura?

Whoever it is, it has to be someone Robin knows since she was so afraid of him/her.

Maybe its Lisa Niles.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 17611/10/2012

Funny how General Hospital has brought in the experienced soap opera actor to play AJ now but they've made it so that actor looks as much like Steve Burton as possible.

I've seen this actor on other soaps.

He has now beefed up tremendously like Steve Burton was - he's become very thick and muscled - and he's beeen given the same haircut as Steve Burton - thick hair standing straight up like a thick flat top.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 17711/10/2012

I always thought they looked alike r177. Back in the early 90's when I was younger I actually thought they really were brothers.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 17811/10/2012

Burton,

Lifetime is currently casting, "The Sandra Bernhardt Story". You kinda look like her. Why don't you give it a shot?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 17911/10/2012

Given the intermingling of OLTL characters with the GH crowd, I'd be willing to bet that under the mask is: Trevor St. John as Victor Lord, Jr.!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 18011/10/2012

The actor who General Hospital has just brought in as AJ was very recently on Bold and Beautiful and he had longish hair slicked back in a completely different style from the Steve Burton haircut and he wasn't anywhere near as bulked up as he suddenly is on General Hospital.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 18111/10/2012

Um, r177 and r181 - the actor playing A.J. (Sean Kanan) also played A.J. previously throughout the 1990s, opposite Steve Burton. He was playing A.J. when Jason had his car crash and when A.J. and Carly hooked up and made Michael. He left the role and was replaced by Billy Warlock, but he is back now.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 18211/10/2012

Stop with 'um' you pretentious asshole, R182.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 18311/10/2012

Kanan was fired from GH because of his bad boy ways. He was a drinker and drugged a lot and fucked a lot of chicks. His behavior was too much for the set where in the 70s coke and speed used to flow like water. Anyway, he cleaned his act up.

I think the current writer of the show is too showy and cheesy, but I have to admit that the show is fun to watch. With the old regime gone they can show the Quartermaine's more.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 18411/10/2012

Faison would be about 90 by now. If he and Anna have sex she won't need to see where a mask ends off to know that's not Duke. Faison should have some really low wrinkled hangers by now.

Wasn't the actor who just came back as AJ the one who played AJ from the time AJ was SORASED coming home from boarding school?

Gotta hand it to RC, he's making me try to make all these memory connection from watching GH back in the day.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 18511/10/2012

Anders Hove the actor who portrayed Faison is 56 r185.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 18611/10/2012

56? Really. He looked about 60 all those years ago. He must have had a hard life.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 18711/10/2012

Some men go grey in their 20's.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 18811/11/2012

WHO names their child Cesar Faison!?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 18911/11/2012

[quote]WHO names their child Cesar Faison!?

Tell me about it.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 19011/11/2012

r177 It was the same haircut that Sean Kanan had on B&B playing Deacon over the summer.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 19111/11/2012

Did Bree Williamson get another soap?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 19211/11/2012

Bree is going to be in the new NBC drama Deception premiering in January.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 19311/11/2012

I wish GH would bring in Debbi Morgan as Dr. Angie Hubbard and somehow lure Peter Bergman over to play Dr. Cliff Warner.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 19411/11/2012

I don't think Ron does black characters. See how he has backburnered Sean?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 19511/11/2012

Ron C. does black characters. He brought back Rachel Gannon and created the Evans family. Not sure why GH is so white washed again. I don't think the Sean character ever caught on but why not bring back Simone Hardy and her presumably now grown son?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 19611/11/2012

Steve Hardy is your father!

Jeff, STEEEVE Harday is YOUR Far-tha!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 19711/11/2012

Use the force, Audrey.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 19811/12/2012

R196, great idea! Why not bring back Tom Hardy (last played by Matt Ashford) while they're at it? I miss the Hardys.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 19911/12/2012

r195

Isn't the actor plating Sean filiming some big mvie? Star Trek 2 I think>

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 20011/12/2012

No, Valentini said in an interview that he doesn't plan to have any black characters because Port Charles is in upstate New York and it wouldn't be realistic. Sean is going to be found out to have been in league with Faison and quickly killed.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 20111/12/2012

I loved original recipe AJ, he was so hot and I loved hearing about off set bad boy ways. Steve and Sean really looked like brothers back in the day. I hated to see Sean go. I'm glad he's coming back. I haven't watched GH since 2009. I need to catch up.

R189 & R190 What?!? Cesar Faison is a badass name! Granted, it is too much name for a child.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 20211/12/2012

[quote]Steve and Sean really looked like brothers back in the day.

They sure did. The only problem was that it didn't make a lot of sense for them to look alike when they didn't look like their father Alan, grandfather Edward or grandmother Lila.

They looked like Monica and Jason wasn't related to Monica.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 20311/12/2012

They looked just like a young Stuart Damon, which is why the casting was perfect. Look at old tapes and you'll see. The only thing that didn't make sense was that Jason and AJ shared a room in the Q's mansion. Why?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 20411/12/2012

Thanks R193!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 20511/12/2012

[quote]The only thing that didn't make sense was that Jason and AJ shared a room in the Q's mansion. Why?

Okay so I wasn't the only one who caught this. The Q compound is supposed to be a sprawling estate and poor A.J. and Jason shared a small bedroom through their teens??

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 20611/12/2012

It's great that GH is now playing with its history.

Next up seems to be Lucy Coe and the Nurses Ball. It's likely that Lucy will help turn mousy Sabrina glamourous, just like what happened when Lucy joined GH.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 20711/12/2012

Is Lucy a nice character or evil?

former OLTL fan,liking GH but still struggling to figure out who's who.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 20811/12/2012

The real Duke Lavery lives!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 20911/12/2012

Lucy Coe is back in December.

Skye Chandler, Tea and Blair return at the end of the month.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 21011/12/2012

Lucy was like Blair Cramer.

Started as a troublemaker, married a bunch of guys and then settled into being mostly nice.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 21111/12/2012

How many gay men ar on/have been on General Hospital?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 21211/12/2012

In case any of you are interested. Frank made a call to Genie and Genie said that she wasn't interested at this time, but would be willing to take a meeting with Rob and Frank after the holidays to discuss story.

Also someone is going to do a documentary within on the show in GH and Port Charles. It will be shot like The Office or Modern Family and will have characters breaking the 4th Wall. It will be around the 50th anniversary.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 21311/12/2012

Let's make a list R212.

Here's two for starters:

1) Anthony Geary

2) Ian Buchanan

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 21411/12/2012

r213 - anything on the OLTLers? Todd, John, Blair, Natalie?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 21511/12/2012

How funny is it that Geary and Buchanan are fighting over the same woman?!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 21611/12/2012

Over the years, GH has been gayer than an IKEA on Super Bowl Sunday.

Tony Geary

Ian Buchanan

Ingo Radamacher

Jacob Young

Colton Scott (who later changed his name to Stephen Martines)

Kin Shriner

Billy Warlock

Ricky Martin

Richard Dean Anderson

Richard Simmons

Probably many others too

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 21711/12/2012

Any "0penly" gay guys on GH?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 21811/12/2012

Marco at R217, why did you include Billy Warlock in that list? What info do you know about him? My knowledge is he's always been involved with women.

Married to Marcy Walker in the mid-80s. Divorced.

Hooked up with Erika Eleniak in the late 80s and early 90s. Engaged and broke it off.

Engaged to Julie Pinson in the late 90s. Broke it off. Got back together with Pinson and married about 6 or 7 years ago. Still married.

I suppose they could all be beards, but Walker and Eleniak have had other marriages and are now largely out of the spotlight, so I'm guessing they're straight. And I know Walker still speaks kindly of Warlock.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 21911/12/2012

Ingo Rademacher? Why would he bother getting married?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 22011/12/2012

[R201] There are no black people in upstate NY? That is a dumb remark. I am sure there are some.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 22111/12/2012

R217. Ingo is a known man whoar. He dated several of his castmates on GH...Elizabeth (can't think of her real name) Emily (she also dated Tyler C) Brenda Marcil?. And, I remember he had a little incident at one of the Soap Awards events. He got punched or almost got into a fight for coming on to an actress from another show. The BF was from the other show as well. Ingo said he was a little tipsy and didn't mean any harm. There was a write up on the incident at the time. That being said, he could be gay, I've just hadn't heard any whispers about him.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 22211/12/2012

Lucy had a gay friend back in the 90's but I can't remember his name. Laura's business partner Elton way gay and stayed recurring for awhile. Bobbie's son Lucas is gay but he hasn't been seen in many years.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 22311/12/2012

[quote]Also someone is going to do a documentary within on the show in GH and Port Charles. It will be shot like The Office or Modern Family and will have characters breaking the 4th Wall. It will be around the 50th anniversary.

All My Children already did this for its 40th anniversary and I hated it.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 22411/12/2012

careerbuilder.com

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 22511/12/2012

I am freaking loving GH these days! And this is coming from someone who turned it off years ago because the mob crap was making me ill. It is an ensemble once again. So many old favorites back. It almost makes me sick to think how much better OLTL could have been in its final years if Frank and Ron had carte blanche with no Frons.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 22611/12/2012

r219, 220, 222 are evidence the fraus have invaded this thread.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 22711/13/2012

R227, I'm not a Frau. I'm a guy who has had a crush on Warlock since he was Frankie on Days, but was not aware of gay rumors. That's why I asked for what the rumors were, and just posted the relationships I'm aware of. I would welcome news of him being gay, although it would surprise me.

I've heard rumors about the other men Marco mentioned, so I didn't ask further about them.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 22811/13/2012

[quote]Lucy had a gay friend back in the 90's but I can't remember his name

John Hanley. The actor who played him, Lee Mathis, was dying from AIDS and was in danger of losing his union health insurance, so he put an ad in Variety begging someone to give him a job. Wendy Riche saw the ad, had Claire Labine create a character for him, and promised him that she would make sure he had at least a little work every year for as long as he lived. He passed away just shy of filming of the Nurses Ball in '95 or '96, and they dedicated it to his memory. Lynn Herring said having to film a scene where Lucy announced the character's passing was one of the hardest thing she'd ever had to do.

[quote]I'm a guy who has had a crush on Warlock since he was Frankie on Days, but was not aware of gay rumors. That's why I asked for what the rumors were, and just posted the relationships I'm aware of. I would welcome news of him being gay, although it would surprise me.

The reason Marcy Walker divorced him was that she caught him in bed with another man. There was also a rumor that he had been shared among between Jack Wagner, John Stamos, and Kin Shriner back in the early 80s. I seem to remember rumors that he and Kin had taken back up in the late 90s.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 22911/13/2012

Who lit a fire under Laura Wright?

Catching up with the past week on Hulu, I've realized that I've liked her performance as Carly in the past month and change more than I ever have previously.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 23011/13/2012

Carly seems like Blair Cramer to me. How will that be when KDP comes back? Or, is it short term?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 23111/13/2012

So this Robin character... she has been on the show since she was a child? I assume she is a good character. When she was 'killed off' I wonder if the writers already had it in their heads to bring her back? Whos is the guy pretending to be Ian Buchanan?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 23211/13/2012

Robin came on the show in the early 90's (I think or late 80s?)as Anna Devane's daughter. It turned out she was Robert's daughter too. If you watched GH over the years you pretty much saw Robin grow up. She was very cute as a child actor and became a good actress as she got older. She's one of the very few who never got SORASed.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 23311/13/2012

Robin is just about the only character on a soap that ever got to age in real time. Kim McCullough has played her on and off since she was a little girl.

Yes, she is a very good character. Of all the canvas right now, I'd argue that Robin, Anna, and Alexis are probably the show's most unambiguous heroines. She became HIV-positive back in the mid 90s, during a wonderfully executed storyline with her boyfriend Stone, who was a former teen runaway who was sort of Sonny's adoptive son/little brother (this was back before Sonny became completely detestable). She left the canvas at first when Kim went to college (she started at Columbia, but I don't think she finished), and again when she wanted to try other things. She returned eight or nine years ago as a doctor, ready to start her residency at GH. She got involved in a very complicated relationship with former womanizer Patrick Drake (detailed in the SoapNet primetime spinoff Night Shift), got pregnant, and had baby Emma. Kim was so fed up with the show's direction, she was ready to up and quit for good, but when Frank Valentini took over, he managed to convince her to stay, pre-tape some stuff so she could take some time off, and then return in the future.

[quote]Whos is the guy pretending to be Ian Buchanan?

Cesar Faison, an evil, evil man who worked for Anna Devane at her spy agency, the DVX. He is obsessed with Anna, and has a fondness for kidnapping people, having done so with Felicia, Anna herself, Robin, Lucky Spencer (on Helena Cassadine's orders), and now Robin again.

As fucked up as it is, it really plays with the show's history perfectly.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 23411/13/2012

Thanks for the recap Voice. It brings back great memories of when GH was a top shelf soap.

I remember through those years routing for Robert and Anna. I hated Duke. It would be fun to revisit that too. I also thought Faison was one of the best soap villans.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 23511/13/2012

Guess Laura Wright decided she didn't want a "Hi, I'm Laura Wright, and I'm unemployed" thread.

She must have realized that she now needs to earn her paycheck.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 23611/13/2012

Okay, so Sabrina catching Patrick shirtless yesterday? First time Jason Thompson has ever really pinged for me, but I totally see it now.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 23711/13/2012

[quote]Guess Laura Wright decided she didn't want a "Hi, I'm Laura Wright, and I'm unemployed" thread.

Honest to God, it's like she's a new character. I'm actually enjoying her scenes. Everything she's done since Jason died has been great.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 23811/13/2012

I just noticed that his body his awful. He's skinny as a bird. I would have recasted that part years ago.

Laura Wright is a smart cookie. She is one of those actors who understands that her 'okay' acting abilities means that she will be a standout on a soap and not to go trying to make it in primetime or films. So she stuck with it and has a steady paycheck.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 23911/13/2012

[quote]I just noticed that his body his awful. He's skinny as a bird. I would have recasted that part years ago.

I actually kind of like that he's not a totally buff hottie. He's a likable actor, and is always able to project that as complicated as his relationship with Robin is, he really loves her, and that he's a good doctor and a better father.

It's probably the "good dad" thing that triggers my nesting instincts.

Anyway, he's a nice counterpoint to roid-rage Burton.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 24011/13/2012

VOTN, Kim McCullough was accepted into the ABC Young Directors program and that's why she left GH. She has been wanting to direct and she's very happy with the program. After the training I understand there's some sort of apprenticeship program so it's kind of a long-term thing. She hasn't enjoyed acting since she became an adult.

The program she's in is quite a plum apparently. I was surprised when I read the names of those accepted with her. Some of them already have established credentials.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 24111/13/2012

There are a lot of rumors floating around that both Maurice Benard and Laura Wright are on shaky ground at GH. There's not much story for either of them with the mob going away, so it makes sense that would be happening. They are both very expensive, in GH's top tier salary range, so it also makes sense economically. GH has underperformed in ratings and that means their ad revenues will be less in the coming year.

Wright was really pushing hard for a pairing with Roger Howarth and she was seen humping Frank Valentini's leg at a number of events to try to bring that about. It remains to be seen what will happen there.

So far, nobody seems to know whether KDP is going to be on contract at GH or if this will be another short-term stint. I doubt she wants to leave NYC but she's the family breadwinner and she probably has to go where the work is. If KDP gets a GH contract, that likely means adios to LW no matter how fervently she leg-humps.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 24211/13/2012

Actually, Kristin Alderson who plays Starr also aged in real time on OLTL.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 24311/13/2012

The LW/RH pairing seems to be happening at this time. They do seem to fit together but Carly seems to be another Blair anyway.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 24411/13/2012

I can handle a Carly/Todd pairing. That could be amusing. Better yet pair them and have Jax come back. Todd the bad versus Jax the good could make for a good story.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 24511/13/2012

[quote]She hasn't enjoyed acting since she became an adult.

That surprises me. She killed it in her scenes with Ian Buchanan and Anders Hove.

I'm going to have a total fanboy moment, and I don't really care: as utterly ridiculous as Faison peeling off his Duke mask was, it was just three different kinds of awesome. First off, it was damned clever of them to use the old footage of Kim as a little girl in order to start her suspicions that "Duke" wasn't who he said he was, all three actors were completely committed to it, and it was just a good moment for Robin that even after being held captive and drugged, SHE was the one who was smart enough to put all the pieces together. It was completely absurd, and I loved every second of it.

As for Carly/Todd, I have to say, as much as I never would have predicted it, even though I'd rather have Blair, I could be in favor of it if Laura Wright is sticking around. Roger looks like he's having fun playing it, and LW is bringing her A game, which, like I've said, is a nice change.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 24611/13/2012

Carly needs to fuck AJ stat. That is the money shot couple or a Todd/AJ/Carly triangle. Todd and AJ are more or less the same, except the rape stuff.

Did anyone else notice how grainy the old Robin/Duke footage was? Why is that footage in such bad shape?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 24711/13/2012

It's almost twenty-five years old and they're probably pulling it from the original tapes without remastering them (Because that shit's expensive).

ABC didn't always maintain its tape library very well. Most of OLTL's first ten years is lost. SoapNet was only able to air Ryan's Hope because Claire Labine insisted on keeping her own tapes, and even then, the tape stock they used was so badly degraded a lot of it was unusable. They ended up having to find the first two years in an archive in, naturally, Ireland.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 24811/13/2012

The only shows with their full catalogs,

Days, YR, Ryan's Hope, The Doctors, Dark Shadows, Santa Barbara, Bold and Beautiful, Passions, Sunset Beach, Loving, The City, Port Charles, Capitol.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 24911/13/2012

Ryan's Hope doesn't have a full catalog. They weren't able to find a few dozen early episodes anywhere. They had to post recaps to those episodes on the SoapNet website, which were pulled from Labine's own personal library.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 25011/13/2012

I never implied that Kimberly McCullough's problems with acting were because she doesn't like to act or that she's not good at it. There's a lot more involved in working on a soap than emoting.

She did not like her story a lot of the time, she was very unhappy with GH's management and she hated the backstage stuff. GH has been an unhappy place to work for quite a few years and it seems to be getting worse all the time.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 25111/13/2012

Couldn't agree with you more, Voice.

There's 'bad' soap opera and there's 'so fantastic that I don't care how they got there' soap opera and that's what the Cesar reveal was.

I don't like the word 'cheesetastic' but I can suspend reality and go with it when the writing, pacing and performances are great. And on Monday they were. Hell, I'm enjoying EVERY day.

Frank and Ron have given the show back to the fans.

Another example of 'so great I don't care how they got there' was the first season of REVENGE.

Loved it. Second season, not so much. Just kill them Emily. Kill them all and let your father get his justice.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 25211/13/2012

I'm torn on McCullough.

"Stone died."

C'mon...give it a little more.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 25311/13/2012

I'm just going to pop onto Hulu and watch Monica slap Carly about fifteen more times.

I think what's finally got me at least moderately enthusiastic about LW is that they're just writing (and consequently LW is playing) Carly as a straight up bitch. I think I said something to this effect in the previous thread, but Sarah Brown always played Carly as someone who wasn't a good person, but did feel a certain amount of guilt over her scheming (I seem to remember her not being especially proud of her drugging AJ, and I know they had some great scenes where she tried very hard to apologize to Bobbie) AND also made it pretty clear that whatever horrible things Carly did were coming from a place where she was in a tremendous amount of pain. In the weird pretzel logic where Sonny is somehow a good person, we had to try to accept Carly as a good person. Now, she's just awful.

Now, if Alexis ends up as AJ's lawyer and we get some meaty scenes between Alexis and Carly like the ones on NLG's Emmy reel from Summer 2011....

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 25411/13/2012

Dark Shadows has 3-4 missing episodes.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 25511/13/2012

Guza would have never told ths story. Sonny and Jason were good. AJ was bad. The Qs were bad. There was no middle ground. As bad as AJ was Carly was just as bad and she got it all started.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 25611/13/2012

Thanks for the recap R234 VOTN Liking the show but stil trying to figure out all the characters. OLTL was my show. Started watching GH when I heard Roger was on.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 25711/13/2012

A.J. is so much more tolerable now that Saint Jason is fish food. I cannot imagine Steve Burton playing scenes where he is held accountable for all the ways he seperated father and son (A.J. and Michael) over the years. Get over it Jason, A.J. is much hotter than you. I cannot wait for Michael to tell off Sonny next. I think Ron cannot stand Sonny and Carly.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 25811/13/2012

The character of AJ is a big improvement over the way he was written before, but Sean Kanan is a terrible actor.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 25911/13/2012

[quote]Wright was really pushing hard for a pairing with Roger Howarth and she was seen humping Frank Valentini's leg at a number of events to try to bring that about.

LOL!! Laura humping Frank's leg. That's a hysterical image. Talk about barking up the wrong tree. Now, if Ingo started humping Frank's leg, I'm sure there'd be some action.

r249 Texas also has all the tapes from its 1980-1982 run. Additionally, I believe the syndicated 1984-1985 soap Rituals has its full catalogue.

r219 Check the link below to for a old DL thread about Billy Warlock.

If you're a big Billy Warlock fan and never heard the Kin Shriner rumors, you haven't been on DL very long. Those rumors have been around since the mid 80s. Those rumors exploded about a decade ago -- Kin and Billy, on the same day, made separate press announcements that they were calling off their wedding plans to whatever women they were engaged to at the time. Raised plenty of eyebrows. What an unusual coincidence that two men who were rumored to be lovers would both call off their engagements to women on the same day.

Billy of course, went on to marry Julie Pinson, but Kin is almost 60 and still single, never married.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 26011/13/2012

Kassie/Blair from OLTL is back at the end of the month for a few days to tussle with Skye and presumably Todd and Carly. I believe she is there during Edward's memorial. Edward will die on the show in a week or so. This will dovetail into the Nurses Ball revival which will be dedicated to both Edward and Robin, and usher on Lucy Coe early next month.

I don't know what they will do with Kassie but they seem committed to keeping Blair present in Todd's life. When he almost did it with Carly he admitted he still loved her, and her last appearance left that door wide open. I think RH and LW have chemistry, but to me it just seems as though Carly is his rebound surrogate for Blair. She even said so that night. I think the real heat is between LW and Sean Kanan. AJ and Carly is destined in the stars, and while Wright is far from my favorite Carly she has been unexpectedly great in the last month. They NEED to go there.

Clarification: Kimberly McCullough DID quit. The previous creative team had scheduled Robin to die permanently from either a car crash or HIV complications. When FV and RC arrived they convinced her to let the character's death be rewritten and to continue to recur. When this story wraps, Robin. Patrick and Emma will either leave town or remain as recurring status players.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 26111/13/2012

Who's is it that's back? Stone? I can't remember his name. He looks exactly like Jason. He never looked like Jason in the mid-90's. All that juice...

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 26211/13/2012

I loved Skye's female rivalries. Skye and Blair:

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 26311/13/2012

Skye and Brenda:

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 26411/13/2012

Skye and Faith:

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 26511/13/2012

Skye and Faith (sapphic scene):

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 26611/13/2012

They're going to string Kate/Connie along until they can get Viki Sleestack, aren't they?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 26711/14/2012

So, Steve dude, are you a good man in a fist fight? Are all those pretty muscles just for show or can you handle yourself like a man?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 26811/14/2012

Wow, Anna has the balls to take Dante off a case involving Sonny?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 26911/14/2012

It was great when Michael called Dante out about Sonny shooting him. This really isn't Guza's GH anymore.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 27011/14/2012

It's so bizarre. They're actually allowing Carly and Sonny to seem like the bad guys. I know AJ isn't a good guy either, but they're not whitewashing his history. They're clearly setting up that the only real victim in the situation is Michael.

I know people haven't been crazy about Chad Duell, but he's been holding his own with the vets, and that's impressed me.

Also, Tracy's fight with Alice was fucking priceless.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 27111/14/2012

Voice, I never thought I'd see the day when Sonny and Carly would ever be painted as these anything other than these heroes; my favorite scene this week was when Michael reminded Dante that Sonny shot him in the chest.

And Anna telling Dante to GO HOME.

I also love Monica ripping into Carly.

I wish Carly would stop flailing her arms about; she nearly nicked Judge Judy's cornea.

I'd love to see Michael return to the Q fold and see the Q's beefed up with the returns of Alan, Celia and a few others.

Make them the core family they used to be.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 27211/14/2012

Chad Duell also has a gorgeous little body.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 27311/14/2012

I would love to see the Qs back in full strength. Add a core Scorpio and Spencer presence and this show can be something again.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 27411/14/2012

Yes he does r273 and a rumored sizeable package to go with it.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 27511/14/2012

Where'd you hear that, r275?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 27611/14/2012

Webmaster!

Forget this soap thread, we have a serious fangurl infestation in the 1D threads. They're flocking in from all over the internet.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 27711/14/2012

Any bets that Robin will break free, get back home and show up at the nurses ball?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 27811/14/2012

Chad Duel reminds me of a young Trevor St. John.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 27911/14/2012

That explains it, R279. I don't like Trevor Saint John. They both have that entitled frat boy thing.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 28011/14/2012

I thought Robin had left the show for good - to pursue other opportunities.

So she changed her mind already?

So many of the soap actors go running back.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 28111/14/2012

She was trying to pursue some directing opportunities. They were actually going to kill Robin off for real until Frank Valentini intervened at the last minute. I'm not sure if she's back full time. This may still be GH's last hurrah.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 28211/14/2012

She's recurring. I like to think that McCoullough (sp) and her interesting dentistry felt attached enough to the show to give Robin a better send-off than have her dying to save serial-killer Jason. She has said in interviews that she likes the energy on the GH set a lot more now with the new leadership. I'm glad she's around a few times per month. Patrick's dating life, however, is probably the show's worst B- plot currently going. They need to kill that horrible Britt off yesterday.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 28311/14/2012

[quote] They're going to string Kate/Connie along until they can get Viki Sleestack, aren't they

If they can get La Slezak back on television, that will guarantee ratings supremacy....

and what about Aunt Dorian - after all, Blair and Starr are already there!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 28411/14/2012

I watched today's show and was amazed at how good the Michael storyline is. Three awful people trying to explain to their kid who was the bigger victim/bad guy. Excellent story. I FFed the Spinelli bullshit and the mousy nurse/slutty doctor vying for Patrick storyline.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 28511/14/2012

What is the deal with the Propect Park rights? They keep saying they can't bring certain characters back until the rights revert back to ABC. Yet they can bring on Todd, Starr, Blair, Tea and McBain.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 28611/14/2012

GH is gone after 50th anniversary in April. Decision has been made, but they are trying real hard not to let press know for fear of fan reprisals. Sad.....they just care about profits and the crappy reality based shows and news based shows are cheap to produce, even tho they suck! Short sited and stupid management who are too young and don't have a clue. Network being run right now based of efficiency experts suggestions that were done over last 2 years.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 28711/14/2012

Doubt it r.287. They blew it with that stupid lifestyle show they replaced OLTL with and Katie is not doing what they hoped in the ratings while GH is rising. Nice try though.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 28811/14/2012

R286, I don't know if you have inside information, but that's the same thing I've been hearing. They'll gear up for the 50th, throw a little farewell party and then it's over.

GH got a bit of a reprieve because they were a better lead-in for Katie than that dreadful Revolution. With Katie and GH both getting bad ratings, there's no way to justify GH. ABC killed all three of its soaps by executive micromanagement.

Disney/ABC may someday realize why it's a bad idea to let 23 year old bean-counters make the network's programmng decisions. So far they haven't got a clue.

This isn't the GH I loved once upon a time, so although I'm feeling a sense of nostalgia for what was (and I'm not talking about GH's 80s bad imitation of the Avengers) I'm not really sad.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 28911/15/2012

I'm loving GH right now! Came back to it after about an 8 year absence, and it has been firing on all cylinders for the past 3 months or so. I can't believe the difference, it's like night and day. Hardly any Sonny, tons of Anna Devane! I love that it has moved away from the mob, and reembraced old school soap invests. If it as to go in April, at least it's going on a high note.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 29011/15/2012

I keep waiting for the day when they have Epiphany lay smack down on Obnoxious Dr. Britt for treating Sabrina like her servant.

I guess the best storyline Liz is going to get is being Amy Vining 2012.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 29111/15/2012

R289 GH is rising in the ratings and has been. I don't know if that means it will be on past April or not, but the ratings are better than anything else in that timeslot and better than Katie's.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 29211/15/2012

That Spinelli character is stupid and it is so unbelievable that Maxie wants him. It's a waste of a story. Get rid of Spinelli, Patrick, Sabrina, the new doctor. Recast Trey and Starr. Bring back Dylan to go up against Michael.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 29311/15/2012

I hope your information s wrong. I stopped watching almost 10 year ago but started up again recently. It's a great soap again with alot of promise. It's way better than Y&R these days.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 29411/15/2012

Wrong, R287. GH is stronger in the ratings than it has been in years, and Valentini is brining the show in under budget by *millions*.

ABC is not losing money on GH, not by a long shot.

Plenty of supposed insiders said the show was gone as of last year and it wasn't. ABC has made ham-handed decisions in the past, to be sure, but it needs the branding the GH and GH alone is bringing to the table.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 29511/15/2012

Next Week On GH: The Farewell To Edward Quartermaine! Head Scribe Ron Carlivati On What To Expect!

Next week on General Hospital, familiar faces and turkey day traditions mark the emotional goodbye to the beloved Edward Quartermaine all the more special and significant. As soap fans know, John Ingle who passed away in September played Edward for all he is worth and then some. And so, GH head writer Ron Carlivati decided to craft a demise for the character that would have high emotional stakes for the Q family and resonate with the fans of the series!

In the latest edition of Soap Opera Digest on newsstand now, Carlivati discusses why the decision was made to bring Robin Christopher (Skye) and Wally Kurth (Ned) back to the fold at this time, and not others with a connection to Edward, plus what Edward’s death will mean for Tracy (Jane Elliot) and Monica (Leslie Charleson), and what will happen to ELQ? Here are a few excerpts!

Carlivati on the choice of returning characters, Skye and Ned, from a large list of MIA Quartermaines and relatives: “There’s definitely the opportunity there to bring back as many people as you possibly could, but logistically, that’s not possible. And also, I don’t want to overshadow the reactions of everybody who is already there on the canvas. There is a point where it gets to be a balance. Yes, it would be great to have 50 people come back, but at some point, it really wasn’t practical, and so we tried to zero in on a couple who made sense and would have the most impact. Ultimately, that’s what happened and we are thrilled to have Ned and Skye present at Thanksgiving.”

Carlivati on how Tracy will be impacted by Edward’s death: “For Tracy, the loss of her father will absolutely be an important life moment. It was a relationship that was often contentious, but I think the audience understands how much those two loved each other, even though they were often at each other’s throats. So I think for Tracy, it is going to be very, very difficult for her to accept that this man is gone.”

Carlivati on how Monica will be impacted by Edward’s death: “For all intent and purposes, he’s her father. They’ve lived in the same house for how many years? I think it will definitely takes its tool on Monica as well. I think, oddly, that this is a place where Monica and Tracy may end up finding some common ground in their love for Edward. And I think that’s a very real thing that people put aside their differences at a time like this.”

Carlivati on the fate of ELQ: “Obviously, this is an incredibly wealthy family and the fate of the company (ELQ) is something that had been fought over for years. So you can imagine that when the patriarch and the head of the company is not able to be there to run it anymore, there is some potential there fora possible power grab.”

So soapers, are you happy about the choice of Skye and Ned returning? Are you ready to say goodbye to Edward Quartermaine? Who do you think will get their hands on ELQ first after the reading of Edward’s will? Weigh-in!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 29611/15/2012

Valentino brought OLTL in under budget. There have been no numbers from his time at GH yet. I'm not saying that he is or isn't , but lets wait for the numbers.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 29711/15/2012

Anders Hove dishes on his return, for once does not seem cranky and insane:

-

He's met his maker twice but you can't stop Cesar Faison from terrorizing General Hospital! The über-tressed supervillain — played by fan favorite Anders Hove — returned to the ABC soap Nov. 12 in a triple shockaroo. Not only is Faison still alive after supposedly being blown to bits in a boat explosion, he's also the brains behind the kidnapping of Robin Scorpio (Kimberly McCullough). Crazier still, it was also revealed that he's been running around Port Charles in a prosthetic mask pretending to be Duke Lavery (Ian Buchanan). Meanwhile, he's holding the real Duke hostage. TV Guide Magazine rang Hove at his home in Denmark to chat about Faison's freaky return and, of course, we asked him the question on everyone's mind: How the hell does Faison cram all that hair into his Duke mask?

TV Guide Magazine: Your return was a spectacular surprise! The fans are going nuts!

Hove: I'm so happy to hear that. Unfortunately, we don't have GH here in Denmark so I'm missing the reaction. And I'm not the kind of guy who's on Facebook. [Laughs] Maybe I should start! It was quite a surprise that they called at all and very sweet. My God, it's been 22 years since my first time at the show! It's scary how fast time goes. Yet you walk back onto the set after all this time and all the same crew people are there and they're standing in the same places. It's wonderful! And crazy!

TV Guide Magazine: Had you stayed in touch with any of the cast?

Hove: I'm in touch with Tony Geary [Luke] and I talk to Kin Shriner [Scotty] maybe once a month. He keeps me up on what's going on. Two or three months ago, he told me there were rumors on the set that I might be coming back, but I didn't really believe it. There are always rumors.

TV Guide Magazine: Word is, your return wasn't the easiest thing to coordinate.

Hove: I had maybe three or four weeks' notice but getting a visa and work permit wasn't easy at all. ABC helped me find a U.S. lawyer, stationed in London of all places, who helped me out. I was pretty lucky. So I came to Los Angeles and shot for two days and flew out again. It felt so nice and secure on the set, like coming home. But the schedule is so much harder! We used to shoot one episode in a day. I did seven in two days! Kassie DePaiva [Blair] told me she once did four shows in one day. It's incredible what the actors and crew can do now. It's a whole different game nowadays but I love it a lot.

TV Guide Magazine: Will you be back for another run when the truth about Faison emerges?

Hove: I don't know. At least this time around Faison won't be dead — though that's never stopped him before! They'll probably send him to jail but maybe there will be more down the line. If [exec producer] Frank Valentini needs me again, I'm there. I will never let that show down. I'm so excited working with Finola Hughes and love that Faison is so obsessed with Anna. He's genuinely in love with her but has unusual ways to show it. His ability to love so deeply is the only redeeming thing about him. It's a lot of fun to do a character like that. It gives you the liberty to behave horribly. I hadn't seen Finola for many years but we clicked again immediately. She's wonderful to work with and pretty damn demanding. But in a wonderful way. She is determined to squeeze absolutely everything out of a scene.

TV Guide Magazine: Isn't this your first time working with Ian? Hove: It is! He was leaving the show when I first arrived, but I knew the legend. It feels like I've always known him. He's a true gentleman.

TV Guide Magazine: So how does Faison hide all that wild hair when he's in that mask pretending to be Duke? Hove: [Laughs] There are some things it's best not to think about. Ian and I aren't even the same height. He's a few inches taller than I am. That Faison is really brilliant!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 29811/15/2012

TV Guide Magazine: How, as an actor, do you find the reality in such a preposterous situation?

Hove: You must believe, otherwise you go nowhere. The first time I was around, we had some plot about a diamond that was in four pieces and if all the pieces were brought together Faison would have control of all the energy in the world. [Laughs] We also had a space alien named Casey! But we believed wholeheartedly in it. An actor must. There's no way around it. Otherwise it all falls apart.

TV Guide Magazine: Well, it's certainly working this go-round. Your performance is scaring the crap out of me!

Hove: Thank you very much! That's the goal! The fact that Faison is still alive proves anything is possible. You might think the soap audience would not accept this kind of thing but they do. And they do it with a lot of passion. You only find that kind of audience in America. I've never met it anywhere else. One minute they're angry, then happy, then frustrated. But they're always very faithful.

TV Guide Magazine: On top of your soap fame, you're also a big deal on the horror-film circuit. Ever attend a convention?

Hove: I just attended my very first last March, which is where I first met Kassie DePaiva. She was there for her Evil Dead movie and I was there for Subspecies. It was quite an experience. We were in a hotel somewhere out in New Jersey and it was filled with people in costume who remembered us from movies we did more than 20 years ago! It's unbelievable. [Laughs] Like I said, only in America!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 29911/15/2012

What's Kelly Monaco's storyline now?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 30011/15/2012

Fucking Val Chmerkovsky while trying to stay on Dancing With the Stars, R300...

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 30111/15/2012

Yes, and given that he did bring OLTL under budget and the ratings for it's replacement The Revolution plummetted, they will not make the same mistake twice.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 30211/15/2012

Are they really, NLG? Val is super hot.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 30311/16/2012

Another DLer pointed me to this, a SoapNet promo for the week, including the returns of Ned and Skye. It made me sad and made me smile at the same time.

If it was John Ingle's time, I'm just glad he got his one last episode, and that TPTB understood his place in the show's history and respected his contributions to the canvas.

I said this in the other thread, but I'll say it again: There can't be a harder job for an actor than having to step into a role that another actor has made iconic, but John Ingle did it, and made it look easy.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 30411/19/2012

This has perked my Internet didn't know Anna was back?

Is Duke back(not Faison). The duke played by Ian Buchanan?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 30511/19/2012

[quote]Is Duke back(not Faison). The duke played by Ian Buchanan?

Faison is holding Original Recipe Duke at the same clinic in Switzerland where Robin is a prisoner.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 30611/19/2012

Duke is being held hostage in a room next to Robin. Faison tried to push his buttons last week b/c Duke apparently lied to Faison about his Robin memories, which was why Robin was able to pick up on Faison/Duke not being RealDuke.

That Promo about Edward is already making me teary.

I didn't watch for years so I have no idea or interest in Dante/Lulu. She looks hotter with crazy Johnny.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 30711/19/2012

But is it actually Ian Buchanan and the actress that plays Robin are they actually back albeit Pls say yes

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 30811/19/2012

Jeff Branson is out at Y&R. Do you think Jill wants to recast Ronan with Steve Burton?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 30911/19/2012

Yeah, Ian Buchanan is back. Supposedly, Robin discovers a man she thought 'dead' in the next few months.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 31011/19/2012

Robert Scorpio is back as well. And he's been great. At least they are writing him in character.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 31111/19/2012

R311. I just watched some clips on you tube. I'm lovin it. Robert, Anna, robin, duke, Faison.

But please help me with my GH trivia. What happened to holly? Any word that Emma Samms may return?

Pls at yes.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 31211/19/2012

What connection does Skye have to the Q's? I thought she was Adam Chandler's daughter from All My Children? Can someone fill me in, please.

TIA

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 31311/19/2012

Emma Samms won't be back. She weighs about 400 lbs and has lost most of her hair. She tears it out and eats it, apparently.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 31411/19/2012

She was Skye Quartermain for awhile, r313. I've blocked out all the details.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 31511/19/2012

It's true about Samms. Also doesn't bathe.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 31611/19/2012

GH made Skye Alan Quartermaine's daughter with Rae Cummings. They paired her with Ingo Rademacher (Jasper Jacks), Wally Kurth (Ned Ashton), Tony Geary (Luke Spencer) and Ted King (Lorenzo Alcazar).

It didn't work and she never quite caught on with viewers. Robin Christopher is an amazingly beautiful woman but on camera she comes across as very aloof and remote, almost cold. It didn't help that GH had Skye decide to take Alexis' daughter from her simply because she wanted her. ("Pretty little girl. I want her. Give her to me.")

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 31711/19/2012

thank you R317. I appreciate the info.

LOL, R315, after reading what they did with the character I can understand why you did.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 31811/19/2012

Any chance the writers will bring back Ted King as Alcazar or his OLTL character? he was hot hot hot on GH but didn't kiss up to the evil trio (Guza Burton Benard) which rendered him unpopular and got his character bumped off.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 31911/19/2012

I'm sorry but David Lewis was the quintessential Edward Quartermaine. I find it strange that everyone is getting all sappy over John Ingle. They should have just recast.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 32011/20/2012

R314 = Anna Devane.

R316 = Katherine Delafield.

R320 = essentially right, but Ingle deserves props for being a decent guy. He was polite and said thank you more than any other actor I knew.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 32111/20/2012

Val seems very interested in and attracted to Kelly Monaco, and takes every opportunity to tell her so and tell everyone else too, plus he kisses her on the mouth.

Val may also be playing the game of letting the viewers believe that they are having sex or dating or are in a relationship because a romance garners votes from viewers.

But Val does seem sincere and sincerely interested in Kelly Monaco.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 32211/20/2012

Does NLG really go to the DWTS shows?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 32311/20/2012

I don't get the Celia Q love at all. I always thought she looked like a pig. Alexandria was the hot one, ironically, considering her fate. Not much with the acting, but oozed sex. Why she was saddled with that limp dishrag of a love interest I'll never know.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 32411/20/2012

She sure has been. It's odd because she was barely speaking to Kelly Monaco before this DWTS thing happened. Monaco is pretty notorious for getting drunk a lot and doing no-shows. She was supposed to be a guest at Grahn's Fan Club Weekend soirée over a year ago and she got drunk instead. On top of that, she lied to Grahn about what she was doing (helping a friend who was going through a hard time), but then she tweeted the truth and Grahn saw it. They were on the outs for over a year.

It seems fairly obvious that GH people were asked to be there and support Monaco, who is a mediocre dancer and not popular among GH's cast and crew.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 32511/20/2012

Celia looked like a pig? Maybe you're confusing her with Lorena Sharpe.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 32611/20/2012

Nope. Not confused. I remember the big buildup she was given before her big reveal. I was expecting someone whose beauty and smoldering sexuality would eclipse even the memory of Alexandria. Then down the stairs at the Q mansion comes the face of Miss Piggy. Dykey Natalie Dearborn was better looking. I grew to like the character of Celia, but never was she beautiful in my eyes. Definitely not in Alexandria's league at all.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 32711/20/2012

R20 - ITA about David Lewis. The man was pure gold. He is also the one who won an Emmy. John Ingle was a decent replacement but came across as a much nicer guy than Lewis' Edward who was the epitome of a rich Republican cad. His one-liners were priceless.

I don't think they should recast Edward though. As it was, Ingle was younger than Lewis and realistically Edward would be around 100 now. Time to let the character go.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 32811/20/2012

Emma Samms still looks lovely. Holly appeared back in February to help write off Ethan Lovett, her illegitimate love child with Luke (the previous writers claimed she and Luke had had a ONS during an offscreen adventure while he was married to Laura - awful retcon). Holly lied to Helena Cassadine and told her that Ethan was Robert's son in order to spare Ethan's life, and Ethan ran off across the globe to flee Helena's clutches before she could learn the truth.

Luke told Robert that Ethan was his as well to stop Robert from flinging himself off a bridge after learning of Robin's "death". Robert is back now and likely still pissed at Luke. Luke is absent at the moment because he went to Turkey to investigate the truth behind the resurrection of Duke Lavery - Duke was held in a Turkish prison for decades before Faison found him - and Luke is currently a 'guest' at the same prison.

Clip of Holly from February below. She also lied to Robert about Ethan to spare his life.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 32911/20/2012

Edward will pass away either today or tomorrow. Special episode for him on Thanksgiving.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 33011/20/2012

His last word was "Lila."

*sniff*

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 33111/20/2012

Emma Samms still looks good.

So,are Robert and holly still married?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 33211/20/2012

Other than NLG, which other GH "stars" have been seen ringside on DWTS, supporting Kelly? I know I saw Tony Geary there early on - but he was probably just there to see the male dancers' asses.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 33311/21/2012

R327, OMG I couldn't agree more.

Alexandria seemed like a strange choice to kill off given the Q's popularity at the time. This girl was beautiful, but, at times she seemed so nervous that the character was practically stuttering.

Sherilyn was a much better actress.

I could never figure out how she could be a Q and marry Jimmie Lee, Edward's son.

I believe Edward's real son was supposed to be this British doctor who knew Dorie Evans R.N. over in England, but a writing regime changed all that.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 33411/21/2012

R333, Haley Pullos and Lindsey Morgan, who play Alexis' other daughters, Molly and Kristina, have been there but I don't know how often. Rebecca Herbst, who plays Elizabeth, has been there a few times and she usually brings two of her children along. I think Tony Geary was there once. I don't know that he stayed for the show, but he was photographed before the show.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 33511/21/2012

I'm amazed but the promo shows Skye is actually bringing a little guest with her today - Lila Rae, her daughter with Lorenzo Alcazar (yes, the middle name is for Rae fucking Cummings). Can't believe Frank and Ron bothered with that.

I never liked Skye on GH much even though Robin Christopher is great. She didn't belong on the other soaps JFP forced her onto and when she started doing summer guest stints after finally being dumped off contract, JFP admitted Skye would only be returning to renew Robin Christopher's health insurance. It's not like the woman is Anna Lee or Lee Mathis. But I do like Skye. I just wish she'd gone back to All My Children. Hopefully RC will have her drop a reference to AMC - Adam Chandler and Edward were business rivals, weren't they? Adam can send his best wishes to the family.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 33611/21/2012

Will that snooty old bitch Amanda Barrington drop by to pay her respects? The actress who played her, Anne Jeffreys is still alive, believe it or not.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 33711/21/2012

Wonderful episode today. GH really put past and present together really well. A terrific sendoff for Edward and Lila Quartermine. Today's show ripped your heart out.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 33811/21/2012

They really did Edward and John Ingle proud.

After the Qs' dinner is traditionally ruined, Alice informs them that their normal pizza parlor is closed for renovations. They all think they'll starve, when a bunch of pizzas mysteriously turn up on the doorstep. Of course, this was Edward, making sure that everything went off okay.

They show the back of his head, lovingly looking at the family singing "We Gather Together," and then they pull back and show that he's there holding hands with Lila. They walk/roll over to the staircase while there's an audio clip of Edward and Lila agreeing to renew their vows. Then Lila gets out of her wheelchair, and they start upstairs.

I'm sure it was really cheesy and I know I'm incapable of looking at it objectively, but I don't care.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 33911/21/2012

I was in tears watching that. I am a sentimental fool and seeing the Qs arguing again like the good old days was a treat. Noticed no one mentioned Jason's passing. I guess Ned and Skye did not care much. Ron C and Frank V have put a lot into turning this show around and away from that boring and repetitive mob crap. I don't have to look at Marble face Steve Burton anymore and Sonny is just a supporting player now.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 34011/21/2012

I'm home today so I watched the episode live, even though I'm about a week behind. I won't say too much so it won't be spoiled, but very nice ending. Well done.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 34111/21/2012

OMG VOTN, I'm crying just reading about it. Watching it is going to be heartbreaking but I won't be able not to watch. I always hope against all common sense that we get to be with our loved ones when we die.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 34211/21/2012

Didn't Edward cheat on Lila over and over gain. Shouldn't he have been holding hands with Mary Mae?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 34311/21/2012

I was verklempt.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 34411/21/2012

The Heather stuff was over the top. What is this fixation RC has for psychotic, camp women? I found the last episode of OLTL to be sentimental and forced and parts of this episode were similarly strained. Sometimes you have to let an audience come to an emotion themselves without trying to force it over.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 34511/21/2012

Damnit, it's all these onions for the stuffing. I AM NOT CRYING!!!

I am so glad that Guza isn't around anymore. I shudder to think what today's episode would have been like with him at the helm.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 34611/21/2012

I didn't really lose it until they pulled back to show Lila was with Edward. I came awfully close during the montage of clips (I had to take points off of Brook-Lyn and Dillon being blurred out, but I realize they didn't/couldn't pay the actors, but was happy they did manage to show Alan and included the clip of Edward performing at the Nurses Ball), but it was really seeing them together that did me in. I was thinking they might show actors as young version of Edward and Lila walking into the light, but somehow, seeing them the way they appeared on the show was a lot more poignant.

[quote]The Heather stuff was over the top.

It was, but it served its purpose: To establish that Heather is still a threat, that there's something in Edward's will, and, of course, to ruin dinner.

That said, Alice knocking her out with AJ's exuberant "NICE!" was almost worth it.

I have to say, in his scenes with Michael, Sonny seemed almost human. Almost.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 34711/21/2012

Quartermaine Thanksgivings are always hilarious and silly.

AJ's reaction made it gold.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 34811/21/2012

Todd, Carly and Skye crash Blair's wedding to Tomas Delgado in Llanview next week - when they discover he looks exactly like Lorenzo Alcazar.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 34911/22/2012

Still available, folks.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 35011/22/2012

I'm with you VOTN, I've been watching GH on and off for about 25 years and cheesy or not, I teared up at Edward and Lila walking up those stairs.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 35111/22/2012

I only caught bits and pieces of it. I will have to go back and watch it online later. I was shocked that we got to see Lila Rae, who we've never seen since she was a baby. Was that Robin Christopher's real life daughter playing her again? I thought it was delicious that they included Heather in this also. I often forget she was Edward's "other wife".

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 35211/22/2012

r340

Skye did say that if they had to lose Edward and Jason, it was nice to have AJ back but Ned sad nothing about Jason

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 35311/22/2012

Just watched the Thanksgiving episode. I can t believe how well done it was. I gave up on GH years ago so my expectations were low. I cried like a baby.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 35411/24/2012

The actor who used to play Lee Baldwin was who stepped in to play Edward there at the end. The voice was John Ingle.

They put some time and effort into that tribute. I was wonderful.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 35511/24/2012

Oh you were, were you, R355?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 35611/24/2012

R355 gives good line readings.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 35711/24/2012

Let's pretend Bob Guza wrote the Edward Quartermaine death and tribute. How would it have played differently?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 35811/24/2012

No flashbacks, no Lila, just an hour of Sonny remembering Jason and seeing Edward in the background behind Steve Burton.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 35911/24/2012

If Guza were still around, that would mean JFP was too. Since JFP fired Anna Lee knowing she was near the end of her life and needed her SAG insurance, I'm hoping she would have been too embarrassed or ashamed to bring Lila back to go into the light with Edward (I wouldn't count on her having human emotion).

Heck, JFP would have fired JI because his health had been failing for some time. That would have solved another pesky problem and Thanksgiving would have sucked again.

Guza would have had a rival gangster break into the Q mansion while they were eating pizza. Jason would have gone in with guns blazing to kill the evildoer. Sam would have been right behind him with only her nipples covered and her tits flapping in the breeze.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 36011/24/2012

Yes, Jason would have been having Thanksgiving dinner with the Qs while a mob rival breaks in and shoots him. Sonny is right behind and arrives in time to kill the shooter but he gets Edward instead. Edward's last dying words would be "Sonny".

The past few weeks showing. The Qs and the Scorpios shows that this could still be a damn good soap.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 36111/24/2012

Just watched an abbreviated version of it on YouTube. Very touching. And respectful to the viewers as well as GH history. One question---is that Scott Reeves playing Steven Lars? When did he start looking so much more masculine? When he was younger he had total gayface(and everything else).

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 36211/24/2012

Yes, leathery, slut-shaming Scott Reeves is Stephen Lars.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 36311/24/2012

Still loving me some Heather Webber ...lol

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 36411/24/2012

Thanks to this thread I watched the Thanksgiving episode. I thought it was an amazing tribute. Walking off with Lila was so true to the history of this soap. It s way obvious that there are new people in charge. Unbelievable that it took ABCD this long to figure it out. And yes, I cried.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 36511/24/2012

Oh, they had it figured out before - at least, for their plans. I don't know what the original plan was when Brian Frons was hired, but his last few years there were along the lines of "do what you can to give the higher ups NO reason to keep soaps around." He was in charge of soaps and his decisions brought them down to the ground. I think this turn around after he left (and GH was on life support), is something of a fluke they weren't planning on but are kind of happy for since ABC's plan to replace soaps with cheaper fare with higher ratings has hit several snags. I think GH is still on borrowed time because ABC will CONTINUE to work to find a cheaper replacement - but with Frons and Guza out of the picture (and Guza wasn't trying to kill the show, he was just a horrible, repetitive, single focused writer), the show actually has something of a fighting chance to extend it's life and at least go out on higher ground when the end eventually comes.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 36611/25/2012

I always thought that Brian Frons was purposely sabotaging the soaps to get rid of then. Nothing else makes sense.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 36711/25/2012

Is it true Peter Hansen played Edward in that last shot? Is it possible we will see Lee back when they finally bring Scotty back?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 36811/25/2012

If Guza had been writing it, there would have been a shoot out at the church. Some hitman going after Sonny's son Michael, but instead taking out Monica.

Michael would have grabbed the gun and started shooting, taking out all four hitmen in just two shots, thereby proving he could be a worthy replacement to Jason as Sonny's enforcer. Also proving once and for all that Michael is truly a Corenthos rather than a Quartermaine.

Few Qs, more mob was always Guza's philosophy. So Edward's death could have accomplished both! Guza would be a happy man.

Then JFP would have produced the hell out of it and submitted the episode as her Emmy reel, thereby winning GH another Emmy for the year

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 36911/25/2012

Anyone else cant stand Sam/Kelly Monaco? Such a low energy character, such a bad actress.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 37011/25/2012

Well, I cried too.. and I never knew who Lila (Anna Lee) was or Edward for that matter. I am one of the OLTL followers who switched over to GH. Now that some of the characters are beginning to fall in place as I figure out the back stories, I am loving this show.

I do remember Ms. Lee playing one of the nuns in THE SOUND OF MUSIC.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 37111/25/2012

R370, she's a support system for a pair of tits. She's got nothing else going for her.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 37211/25/2012

I don't understand the Sam/Monaco fanbase. She is a terrible actress and so fucking boring. I hadn't watched GH for years but I can imagine how horrible she and Steve Burton were 'acting' in scenes together. She needs an energetic actor in her scenes for us not to fall asleep (e.g. Roger Howarth-who should have had scenes with Sam, who he took the baby from instead of harpy Carly).

Praying Maurice Bernard decides to leave.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 37311/25/2012

Roger Howarth had real chemistry with Kelly Monaco, who does need a good scene partner to work. Their scenes were electric and actually very soulful for Todd. It reminded me of his forbidden romance with Rebecca Lewis, played by Reiko Aylesworth. Carly is just too much.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 37411/25/2012

I likedSam with Todd and McBain.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 37511/25/2012

The end of the tribute with Edward and Lila was such a loving hat tip to GH, the Qs and both John Ingle and Anna Lee. I've watched soaps for years and always been intrigued and ultimately disappointed when an actor dies offscreen before they do on the show. I've never seen one use a faceless actor, or pair of them for that matter, to such great effect.

Consistency is definitely not a strong suit of the current GH but by god it's an awesome roller coaster of drama each and every day - make that commercial brake.

I gave up on GH about a year or two into Guza's reign (when Riche left?) after absolutely loving the Labine years. I often followed the ratings and was actually glad when they dropped under Guza/JFP. I saw the great viewer reaction to RC/FV on OLTL and loved the fact they had turned the show around, so I decided to watch GH from around August. I am absolutely loving the show, every day. Such a rarity. I must say most of the stories or characters have very little depth or emotion compared to Labine's days as Head Writer.

That said, loving the reinvigorated GH.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 37611/26/2012

Promo for the week. Blair, Skye, etc.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 37711/26/2012

reply 368 Yes, it was Peter Hansen. He and John Ingle were long time friends.

I have no idea if he is coming back. He looked pretty frail himself.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 37811/26/2012

I've discovered over the past few weeks that I really like Julie Marie Berman, and I think today I finally figured out why. She reminds me so much of Genie Francis. It's not just that Lulu has a lot of Laura's traits, although her decency certainly speaks to that, it's that I could totally buy them as mother and daughter.

I hate to admit this, but Tracy's inheritance being a jar of Pickle-Lila Relish made me smile. Not because I think Tracy is awful, but just because I was glad they remembered Lila's role in getting the Quartermaine fortune back.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 37911/26/2012

A friend just told me a story about Victoria Wyndham that dates back to the 80's. She and a friend, both in their teens and skipping school, were waiting outside the AW studios, in Brooklyn I believe, hoping to meet a few stars. Out walks Victoria Wyndham but before they could get to her, an older drunk woman pushed them out of the way and started ragging on VW about her hairstyle.

"You used to have the best hairstyle on television. Now you have that fuzzy-wuzzy pubic head."

Wyndham was not amused. She shot the woman one of those angry, icy RACHEL stares and then ran to her limo.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 38011/26/2012

Nancy Lee Grahn (again!) and Leslie Charleson ringside tonight cheering on Kelly Monaco on DWTS.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 38111/27/2012

Who's running Kelly's Diner these days?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 38211/27/2012

Thank you R382! I'be been trying to remember her name for 2 days.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 38311/27/2012

[quote]Who's running Kelly's Diner these days?

That would be Shawn, ex-Marine, ex-bodyguard, rumored to be affiliated with the bad guys and may not be around much longer. So, yes, do drop off that resume!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 38411/27/2012

That would be a perfect job for Roxy Balsom.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 38511/27/2012

Love it, R385!

And what a perfect little bit of synchronicity that the spot was previously filled by her old running mate, Roger Coleridge.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 38611/27/2012

Gotta love those BLT's at Kelly's!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 38711/27/2012

Blair's wedding to the Ted King Character Clearinghouse is on Friday!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 38811/27/2012

That's funny r380, and the drunk woman was right.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 38911/27/2012

If the producers wanted to bring on Blair full time contract, do you think they would offer her the same deal AMC gave Susan Lucci? Flights home each weekend and two months off each summer?

Add Tea to the mix.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 39011/27/2012

I don't think anyone will ever give any woman on daytime a Susan Lucci deal again.

I do think it's likely that we will see much more of Blair and other OLTLers after January when the Prospect Park holding deal ends. That is supposedly what has kept Melissa Archer (Natalie) away. KDP seems to think she will never be on for more than short stints because her character is "redundant" with Carly on GH, but I think there is plenty to do with Blair and Tea, even if they are only recurring characters. I think they work well in that role.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 39111/27/2012

Can someone please explain this supposed Prospect Park holding deal? I don't understand how they can use Todd, Starr, and McBain full time but have limits on Blair, Tea, Natalie. Believe me, I'm in no rush to see Natalie again but the whole thing is a mystery to me.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 39211/27/2012

Don't know about Melissa Archer but I thought that Kassie and Florencia didn't want to relocate to California.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 39311/27/2012

I don't know about the others but I seem to recall "Starr" not signing on with Prospect Park.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 39411/27/2012

Neither she nor Roger Howarth signed a deal with Prospect Park. But Kassie, Florencia and Michael Easton were among those that did.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 39511/28/2012

Does this mean that come January Niki Sleestak might appear in Port Charles?

That would be HEAVEN.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 39611/28/2012

I don't think the PP deal has anything to do with it - it's more about managing the budget and maintaining a 25/75-ish OLTL/GH balance.

PP deal was was more than likely pay or play anyway (and it would have been for the rights to all of the stories and characters, not just ones played by actors who happened to sign).

They couldn't bring too many people over full time so they went for bang-for-buck - the two guys they thought women like and could drive story (as well as Starr I guess because she's young and gives Todd some depth/color). Then they figure Blair, Tea, etc. (maybe Natalie) who can play off of Todd and/or McBain are more or less available on recurring basis when needed as they don't have too much else going on besides stage and other TV guest spots.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 39711/28/2012

The only thing Kassie DePaiva has going on besides her GH guest spots is that infomercial for the No No hair removal product (that's her in the green robe).

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 39811/28/2012

Kassie has actually gotten some horror work. After OLTL ended she started putting herself out there on the genre convention circuit and was quickly picked up for a remake of a Mexican horror film. The horror genre takes care of its vets these days. She did Evil Dead 2. I think she'll not hurt for character parts in that scene if she wants them.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 39911/28/2012

My understanding is that once Prospect Park announced it wasn't going ahead with the online version of the shows, the actors who had signed were released from contract.

However, PP had licensed the rights to the characters from OLTL and AMC. That licensing agreement expires in January.

So, any of the OLTL characters that have appeared on GH in the past year, ABC had to pay a fee to PP to use them. That's why only Blaire and Tea have recurred, in addition to Todd, Starr and McBain who are on contract at GH.

Any number of OLTL characters could cross over for a few episodes and easily fit into the storyline -- Natalie, Clint, Tomas, Dorian, David Vickers, Addie (Starr's grandmother), Viki, Jack, Sam . . .

Rumor has it that some AMC characters will be on GH for a story arc sometime early next year, once the PP deal expired. David Hayward and Angie Hubbard could easily fit into the show.

And maybe David Hayward has Alan Quartermaine and Georgie Jones locked away, ready to be brought back to life. One can only hope . . .

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 40011/28/2012

God, I would have fit in great in this new landscape. Damnit, why did I drop dead?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 40111/28/2012

Brody (Mark Lawson) would be so cute for Maxie.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 40211/28/2012

Did the show actually have a "Stephanie Burton" on today as a potential surrogate for Dante and Lulu who turned out to be a money grubbing bitch?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 40311/28/2012

Really stupid mistake on today's show: the headline on Skye's ipad read "Blair Kramer"- honestly, how that possibly slip through?

I'm loving Skye - wish she would stick around awhile - she is connected to everyone. Can't wait to see her with Todd and Blair again.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 40411/28/2012

[quote]Really stupid mistake on today's show: the headline on Skye's ipad read "Blair Kramer"- honestly, how that possibly slip through?

I've seen it spelled that way for years, although I've also seen it spelled with a "C." Maybe they never agreed (or cared about) on an official C/Kramer family spelling.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 40511/28/2012

You guys may not like Kristin but I think she has really good chemistry with Roger.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 40611/28/2012

Back in 2008 when Dorian took over Buchanan Enterprises, she made a big deal about changing the name to Cramer Enterprises. She even presented a logo for CE.

This mistake is simply the fact that the prop masters at GH are not familiar with the OLTL history.

Not the first time it's happened since Frank and Ron took over. As I recall, back in the spring when Kate was reading a book called "Oh yes she D.I.D.", the subtitle of the book said something about Viki Lord and Niki Smith, but spelled it Vicki and Nicki.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 40711/28/2012

I agree R404; but things do slip through!

Isn't your post missing a 'could?'

But I love how we're all into the show.

I look forward to GH every day again; I haven't said in that years.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 40811/28/2012

Characters vocalizing how miserable and underhanded Carly and Sonny have been throughout the years are real plus for me.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 40911/28/2012

Jack Wagner on a return in TV Guide: "There was a call in February when I'd committed to Dancing With the Stars and wasn't able to go back, and since then there's been nothing," reports Wagner, who also declined B&B's recent invite to return for Stephanie's teary farewell. "General Hospital is always dear to my heart and I'm really happy Kristina's back. She still looks so beautiful. Kristina and I haven't talked about it, but I have a feeling if I went back that would probably garner just a little bit of attention."

I would like to see Frisco, but the guy has been a deadbeat dad for over 20 years. I think the healthiest thing they have done with Felicia the Flea is for her to get over her need to be with and emulate men like Frisco and Luke, and recommit herself to her daughter and to poor Mac. It's made me like Felicia for the first time since the 90s. I fear Ron will try to reunite Frisco and Felicia and I can't get behind that.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 41011/29/2012

I agree with keeping Skye on the canvas. I always enjoy watching her. Yesterday's scenes with Carly were actually entertaining (even Carly doesn't bother me lately). They have this cat fight and then realize they have a common cause- that was good.

A mix of the old characters with a couple of OLTLers mingled in has done wonders for GH.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 41111/29/2012

KDP should rethink that feathered bob. Sure, it's low maintenance and flattering but she's gotten enough mileage off of that look and it looks tired to me now. It reminds me of growing out short hair.

If I were her, I'd totally rip off Finola Hughes's hair. She could also go back to her tried and true bouncy long pageboy too since that's probably her best look.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 41211/30/2012

Is this the new OLTL thread? I'm so excited. Any word when David Gregory and his surgically altered breasts will be turning up?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 41311/30/2012

Tea's feets! Seriously though, she has incredible legs.

Michael is really growing on me. Love that he's calling bs on Sonny and Carly.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 41411/30/2012

Michael looks like a young Trevor St. John.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 41511/30/2012

Is my Andy Trischetta legal yet? I want to begin fantasizing about him, but I promised I'd wait til he became of age. Please tell me he's fair game now.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 41611/30/2012

What is it with Laura Wright and "sure as the hell?" I've never heard it phrased like that before, but since I noticed it once, I've noticed it every time she's done it.

As tiresome as I find Connie/Kate, I can at least admit that Kelly Sullivan acts the hell out of the part.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 41711/30/2012

Jack couldn't do GH b/c Dancing With the Stars had started?

Please.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 41811/30/2012

Lucy Coe is back either next week or the following week. Expected to be here for awhile.

KDP is expected to return as Blair for at least several more stints.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 41911/30/2012

Michael is really growing on my too! I never thought I'd see the day when I'd say that, he used to annoy/bore the pants off of me.

I would love it if Skye stuck around, but I have a feeling this Alcazar thread is going to be the catalyst for her to leave. "Tomas" won't show for the wedding, and she'll end up searching for him.

And that's ok, just as long as she come back with him!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 42011/30/2012

I love that they're using Ted King's stint on both OLTL and GH to drive plot.

Very smart of Ron to combine both Tomas and Alcazar. Makes me feel like life is still happening in Llanview, even though we aren't seeing it daily.

Also loved that Skye mentioned her Uncle Stuart in Pine Valley. All Skye's Pine Valley connections were so routinely ignored during the Guza era, so this was very nice.

Now I just wish that Skye would make mention of how much Sonny looks like a guy she knew in Pine Valley named Nico Kelly.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 42112/01/2012

[quote]Very smart of Ron to combine both Tomas and Alcazar. Makes me feel like life is still happening in Llanview, even though we aren't seeing it daily.

But in post-apocalyptic Llanview, Tea's house is the only building still standing.

I ended up with a huge shit-eating grin on my face at Robert's "Mrs. C!" to Helena.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 42212/01/2012

Not so. We have also seen John and Natalie's new house. Much nicer than that fleabag hotel room he lived in for 8 years.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 42312/01/2012

They could really use an African American couple. Maybe a love story between an ex-husband and ex-wife reuniting at age 55. Just throwing it out there.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 42412/01/2012

That cow Carolyn Hinsey assures us that OLTL will be back!!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 42512/01/2012

R425 Yeah, I really believe her. That cretin will say anything to get attention and remind the world she is still alive. OLTL is not coming back.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 42612/01/2012

Bump

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 42712/01/2012

David Gregory has a recurring role on NBC's thriller soap, Deception, Bree Williamson is also on that show.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 42812/01/2012

The rumor is that they're casting a gay male sidekick for Sabrina.

I approve of this. I would have rather had Lucas Jones and a boyfriend to move back to Port Charles, Jack Manning and Morgan Corintos and falling for each other at military school, or especially McBain convincing Anna to hire Fish for the PCPD while Kyle gets a job at GH, especially since I would hope we might even get to see them get married, but I'll take what I can it.

Just please, find somewhat for somewhat to bring Kevin back as Connie/Kate's shrink.

So we know who's supposed to Liz and Sarah Webber's biomom? Annie Logan?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 42912/01/2012

[quote]So we know who's supposed to Liz and Sarah Webber's biomom? Annie Logan?

God willing!!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 43012/01/2012

A woman named Caroline was Elizabeth's bio-mom and married to her father Jeff in a story that went nowhere and had no resolution.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 43212/01/2012

[quote] How McBane still survives is an unsolved mystery for the ages.

He's a vampire, silly...

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 43312/01/2012

It should have been OLTL that survived, not GH.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 43412/01/2012

The gay character at GH is really not that good looking.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 43512/01/2012

If they're going to do a Lucy Coe-type thing and turn mousy Sabrina into a glamourpuss, then GET ON WITH IT.

The Patrick-Sabrina-Brit plot is not just the B-story, it's the Z-story. Only reason it's even remotely tolerable is that it's leading up to the Nurses Ball.

Will Robin escape and make it home in time for the Nurses Ball? The climatic moment being when Robin enters the theatre.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 43612/01/2012

R235 What gay character is on GH?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 43712/01/2012

R436, I hope they're not planning to try that with poor dull Robin. Since no one cares if she's dead, the scene would be purely anticlimactic.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 43812/01/2012

The gay friend for Sabrina - Felix - has already been cast and is on in a week or two to make her over.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 43912/01/2012

They are all still supposedly in the process of recasting Jack.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 44012/01/2012

Lynn Herring has said she expects to be on through to at least March.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 44112/01/2012

If one more character from OLTL shows up, some of those GH fraus on the soap boards are going to have a fucking meltdown. They already think the show has taken over (even though 90% of the cast is GH) and they whine and rant. Personally, I don't see a need for Jack anyway. I would like Todd to be free to put in other stories. I can't stand that cow Blair.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 44212/01/2012

Now that a handful of Llanview characters have been incorporated in the GH fold, have they resolved the OLTL cliffhanger that revealed Victor is still alive?

I am not watching GH, but I'd like to know how they brought closure to that story...if they have.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 44312/01/2012

Is Ted King actually coming back on? Or will they just say that Tomas ran off because his past as Lorenzo was discovered?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 44412/01/2012

It's the character of John McBain I resent. I want Robert Scorpio!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 44512/01/2012

Why would they recast Jack when they had the perfect Jack who was was going to be smoking hot the minute he turned legal. I wonder if he's legal now?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 44612/01/2012

Not yet, r443, but it's coming. You should watch the show, it's great.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 44712/01/2012

I too was a dedicated OLTL viewer, but I watched GH for the first time on Friday to see Todd, Blair and my beloved Tea.

Did they ever explain what happened to the baby Tea was carrying by Victor? She was not pregnant on Friday and the baby should have been born by now..

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 44812/01/2012

r448 Yes the plot has been resolved. They did an entire 4-month baby switch plot about it.

Tea's son whom she named Victor died during childbirth in June. Todd and GH looney Heather switched the baby with the baby of Sam and Jason Morgan who was born at the same time.

The plot was resolved in October, done fairly quickly thanks to Steve Burton (who played Jason) leaving the show.

Baby Victor is now with his mother Sam and is now named Daniel. Tea went back to Llanview and is pissed at Todd for his part in it.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 44912/01/2012

The only way Claudia is returning is if she's married to Anthony Bouvier!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 45012/01/2012

I expect more OLTL appearances come January when they don't have to pay for the PP rights to the characters.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 45112/01/2012

R448, that baby died, but Tea was given Sam's baby -- thinking it was hers. Florencia did a great job when it all came out.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 45212/01/2012

Really, R451? Port Chuck, here I come!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 45312/02/2012

Thanks, R449 and R452.

Now how soon before Queen Erika Slezak comes to Port Charles?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 45412/02/2012

Darlings, they'll bring back Emma Lutz before bringing back Claudia & Brian... Or Claudia & Anthony Bouvier for that matter!!!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 45512/02/2012

WHET Sharon Wyatt, who played Tiffany? Loved her southern accent. Didn't Tiffany marry Sean waaaày back when?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 45612/02/2012

I fully expect people like Erika Slezak and Jerry ver Dorn to make some kind of appearances.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 45712/02/2012

Sharon is not well. She was on Passions for a bit, but in recent years she's been suffering from some disease where her jawbone has basically been disintegrating. They've been trying to do reconstructive surgery, but it hasn't worked.

I always loved Sharon & Tiffany Hill, so it's been so tough to see. There are some stories online about it - I think Entertainment Tonight did a clip a couple of years ago. I couldn't even watch the whole thing because it was difficult to see her in that condition. (I know, MARY!)

And I know some crazy things get posted on DL, but this unfortunately is true, and not a troll post.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 45812/02/2012

[quote]WHET Sharon Wyatt, who played Tiffany? Loved her southern accent. Didn't Tiffany marry Sean waaaày back when?

I'm unsure of the reason why, but she and John Reilly, who played Sean, were let go in the mid-90s. At the end of the season season of General Hospital: Night Shift, Robert (who was in the hospital dying of cancer) had a dream that Tiffany, Sean, Mac, and Luke appeared to him. First, they got major style points because they used the classic GH theme from the 80s, and even more style points by faithfully recreating the set that they used for Robert's house in the 80s, down to that hideously unsafe staircase with no bannister.

Anna had already appeared in the flesh to be with him while he was sick, and they had tried to get Holly for the hallucination as well, but Emma Samms had a conflict.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 45912/02/2012

Am I the only one who remembers Angela Shapiro's ill-fated attempt to get soap fans to help underwrite the shows by encouraging them to buy (tacky, cheap) costume jewelry as featured on the show. I remember they expanded to other housewares after a while (I seem to remember they expanded it to bedding (again, cotton-poly blend that cost far too much than they should have).

I was reminded of that when Maxxie pulled out her Hershey bar on Friday, though of course it wasn't nearly as obnoxious as Guza and Steve Burton making sure that their gullible audience would think MonaVie juice could cure viruses and so forth.

I can accept a certain amount of Disney corporate whoring, including Liz's kids being safe from Jerry's toxin by having Audrey taking the to Disney World.

As an aside, part of my is bothered by Maxxie called Mac "Mac" these days, since once upon a time, she called him "Daddy" since he was much more of a father to here than Frisco ever was. The in same vein, during the Markham island flu story, Mac got to punch Robert in the face and tell him getting to be Robin's surrogate father was the best think that ever happened to himl

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 46012/02/2012

The deterioration of Sharon Wyatt's bones (osteonecrosis) has been attributed to Fosamax, a drug that is routinely prescribed to millions of women without thought to its side effects.

Many are coming to believe osteoporosis is nothing more than a ruse to sell drugs to gullible and frightened women. The tests for thinning bones were developed by a drug company and given to doctors at no charge.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 46112/02/2012

I love that the CIA agent to delivered the news about Tomas was named Ted King.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 46212/04/2012

More Helena and Robert please!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 46312/04/2012

I know that some people who used to have SoapNet don't anymore. I still do and the OLTL reruns are at the start (sort of) of the Kish storyline.

Today was the episode where Fish went on a dinner date with Layla. Kyle was sitting at the bar watching them and telling Christian that there are things the roommates don't know about Oliver and that he's just using Layla.

It's fun to relive those episodes.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 46412/04/2012

"The Real Cassadines of Spoon Island."

I would totally watch that.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 46512/04/2012

Love the Kish story!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 46612/04/2012

ABC has repeatedly tried to buy back the Prospect Park rights to OLTL and AMC over the last year, instead of just waiting for the license to run out as they do next month. Rumor has it they are considering re-launching one or both as a limited run summer daytime series or on ABC Family. Huge grain of salt.

GH is casting a teenage boy aged 14-17. Either Morgan or Jack Manning but all the rumors I have heard is that Jack is back with Blair soon.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 46712/04/2012

r467, there is no feasible place to even put a "re-launch". Even if they dump The Chew, I doubt they would throw money at a canceled soap opera.

The people at ABC were complete morons for throwing 2 shows away at once. They might be riding high if they left the GH/OLTL block followed by Katie.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 46812/04/2012

This show needs grand dame Sleestak!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 46912/04/2012

Steve, before I give you a job I need to find out, are you a top or a bottom?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 47012/04/2012

R467, they sold off OLTL. The sets are gone, the costumes are gone, everything is gone. They wiped the place out. They gave the actors almost no notice that they needed to vacate their dressing rooms, it was done in such a hurry.

It would be ultra-expensive to rebuild everything from scratch. If they thought OLTL was too expensive before, how would they feel about building it from the ground up? As much as I would love to see OLTL's glory days again, I can't see it happening.

I doubt GH is going to go on beyond its anniversary. I think they'll do an anniversary show or a series of shows, and then kerplunk.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 47112/04/2012

Serials were never about the sets. Heck in the 1970's the walls would shake when people shut the doors too hard. They could start off slow and build up the shows again. Bring them back with smaller casts and 1/2 hour format.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 47212/04/2012

R472, why would they bring back shows they perceive as having failed at the end of their runs? Indeed, the remaining soaps are only drawing a small percentage of their former audience so there's good reason for the networks to feel that way. B&B, which is a half-hour, is not faring all that well. It used to make more money because the shorter format was popular in foreign markets, but it's lost some of those markets now.

I would love for some of the better shows to come back, but it's been a long time since I've clapped for Tinkerbell.

It's not just sets when we're talking about rebuilding. It's cameras, it's lights, it's sound, it's hiring a cast and crew and trying to get people to come back after they've moved on.

Those old rickety sets you're talking about would not work for today's viewers. Look how critical posters are on the soap threads about how the shows look? Can you imagine if they went back to the original standards?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 47312/04/2012

Given the recent ratings, I can't imagine keeping GH isn't on the table. Before? Maybe it was a done deal. Now? With the failure of The Revolution and the horrible showing of The Chew, ABC has to be just a tad nervous.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 47412/04/2012

Any lawyers in Port Charles these days?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 47512/04/2012

Word on GH is that it's safe through to the anniversary. Another decision point would come around February - which would put its cancellation date at fall at the earliest, IMO. But given the numbers and the new investment in a companion reality show ("The Real General Hospital") I am not convinced that will be happening. ABC likes the numbers.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 47612/04/2012

Robin Strasser tweeted she's off to LA "on business". And "looking forward to seeing FV"

Does this mean Senator Aunt Dorian is coming to Port Charles?

Before Dame Viki? AN OUTRAGE!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 47712/05/2012

If only they could tell the story of how freshman Senator Dorian made it onto the Intelligence Committee (as per Monday's show, Blair mentions it).

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 47812/05/2012

[quote]If only they could tell the story of how freshman Senator Dorian made it onto the Intelligence Committee (as per Monday's show, Blair mentions it).

Marco Rubio is on the Intelligence Committee and he's just about to finish his first two years.

In the Majority side, Mark Warner and one of Udalls are members and both are in their first terms.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 47912/05/2012

MISS Coe if you're nasty!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 48012/05/2012

So what's the deal with Tony Geary? They've rewritten the current story to give Robert all of Luke's lines. I know all about Geary's vacations, but they've managed to work around that successfully so far. I can't help but think something is not right.

MB has signed a new contract. Worst news I've heard since OLTL and AMC were cancelled.

And does anybody actually watch The Chew? I always catch the last few minutes of it before GH and can't believe the superficial drivel it is. A panel of essentially worthless little personalities who have absolutely no star quality or charisma who spend the time sitting around a table talking about useless trivial aspects of their lives like they were twittering anything that comes to their minds... and they all obviously can't stand each other.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 48112/05/2012

Thanks for posting the clip of Roberts 80s reunion. Sean and Tiffany looked great.

I'm so sad that Wyatt is going through so much health problems. Hope she gets better. She was one of my all time Faves.

With Lucy coming back is Scotty far behind?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 48212/05/2012

Geary's absence was apparently a personal issue.

Rumor has it FV is fed up with the copious vacations and this will be Geary's last contract under his old terms. TG could exit in April for the anniversary with Genie Francis.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 48312/05/2012

Hinsey is a pig for toying with those already battered fans by suggesting the soaps might be back.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 48412/05/2012

Sabrina's gay fairly godmother who comes supplied with lipstick in his pocket was fun yesterday.

Hope they develop the character a little more.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 48512/05/2012

I hope they do something with that rat nest of hair she has...

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 48612/05/2012

FV confirms in the mags that Anna confronts Faison next week with the help of Robert and John. Faison tries a swap with the real Duke somehow, but Anna catches on. Anna and Robert then head for the infamous Swiss clinic. This ends Anders Hove's run (too brief) but the story continues.

Lynn Herring debuts next week as well. A new podcast interview with her is linked below. She sounds thrilled.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 48712/05/2012

LH also confirmed that she is on through to spring and that the Nurses Ball will air in a couple months.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 48812/05/2012

They tied AJ to Faison! I'm in heaven. You could see the wheels turning in Anna's head today. Excited to see her confront Faison, but sad that it means the end of Anders Hove, who is always fun to watch. I have to say, Ian Buchanan has done a pretty good job of playing Faison-as-Duke. From the moment he's stepped on screen. his portrayal has felt creepy and awkward, even before the audience knew the truth. It will be interesting to see the contrast when he gets back to playing "real" Duke.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 48912/05/2012

r490, although your post is very hard to read, I get that you want SB back. But truth be told, Burton left on his own accord because he wasn't top dog anymore. He had it easy for the last decade. FV was not going to play the bizarre game of favorites that Phelps, Guza and Frons did which gave Burton such privleged status for the last decade. Burton is also not willing to branch out as an actor - he's lazy and entitledand, and extremely homophobic. Working in this new environment filled with gay men in charge made him uncomfortable. MB, KM and LW know who butters their bread and have accepted the changes - SB refused to and was very unhappy with ME coming aboard and striking up such chemistry with KM. KM was very welcome to the new story direction; SB wasn't. When the pyramid scam money runs out, SB may come back begging for his job back, but he won't be given so much power again. It will be sheer necessity that he will come crawling back.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 49112/06/2012

R491 - while I think you lay an awful lot at SB's door, i do agree with the general notion that his removal from top spot on GH did play into his departure. In the short time the new team had been running things, Jason was no longer always right, Jason no longer always saved the day, Jason actually actively made wrong moves, and Jason didn't always get the girl. At best, Steve probably realized he would be having to share the spotlight that usually went exclusively to his character, with at least one other character (John McBain in this case). I think all these changes and his decision to make personal changes in his life at the same time, absolutely tied together.

And as much as I've detested MB's Sonny for years - and honestly, felt some negativity towards MB for willingly hogging the spotlight with SB to the detriment of the show, I have to give him some credit for staying on and signing a new contract when it is clear that while Sonny is still important to the canvas, he is no longer co-center of the show. He's one of several, and in some ways, he has been shoved a bit off to the side to deal with mob stories.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 49212/06/2012

R491, I agree with the gist of your post but there are a number of factual errors.

[quote]FV was not going to play the bizarre game of favorites that Phelps, Guza and Frons did which gave Burton such privleged status for the last decade.

FV has his own bizarre game of favorites. He has a large stable of "pets" whom he favors. Why else would anyone as supremely untalented and unattractive as Kristen Alderson be given as much airtime as she gets? FV has even pimps her singing career, which is a joke.

I don't like Burton, but he has tons of money. The "pyramid scheme" money was a drop in the bucket. He was making a few million a year on GH, and he owns a number of successful businesses. He's greedy and he'll never have enough, but there's no danger of his money running out.

He could very well be homophobic, but I've actually never heard that about him. I've certainly never heard that it affected his dealings with FV and RC. He was mightily unhappy that he was no longer top dog on GH when ME and RoHo were brought on, and that he objected because the writing for his character was worse than ever, but I've never heard anything that implied that his problems with the new leadership at GH were based in homophobia.

I think what amazed me most about R490's post was SB's looks. His looks were in the past. He hasn't aged well and the years of overtanning and neglecting his skin and all of his yo-yo dieting have taken their toll. He loves to overeat, especially the worst kind of junk food. He bragged about eating a dozen Krispy Kremes in the back seat of a car on his way to a PA. If he doesn't weigh 300 pounds by the time winter is over, I'll be surprised.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 49312/06/2012

Looks like the fraus have invaded who are wailing over the loss of the one-note Burton.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 49412/06/2012

One frau, R494. Those who posted afterward disagreed with her.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 49512/06/2012

Someone over at Mediadomain came up with a good call on Olivia's visions regarding Lulu's dog-baby: jackals are canines - Damian's nickname is The Jackal. Lulu and Dante are going to be bringing up Damian's baby.

I'd love to know the terms of MB's new contract. Paycuts? More vacation time? As someone else said, it is big of MB to accept the changes his status has undertaken. He's really nothing more than a supporting character to the more pronounced Kelly Sullivan. I was really expecting him to walk. But MB is smarter than Peter Reckell or Ronn Moss, 50ish actors who feel they can throw away a job at this time in careers that only centered on soap operas - in a time when there are only four soaps left on daytime TV. I personally don't think MB is well - he looks haggard and lethargic; perhaps his bi-polar condition is dragging him down and his health isn't in the best position to give up a job.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 49612/06/2012

Bipolar disorder becomes more difficult to manage and properly medicate as a person ages. MB seems to have done well for the most part, but at his age patients generally have to start making some medication adjustments. It's a disease that tends to age people.

MB's wife is beginning a new career in producing, so this may not be the best time for him to quit. He may need the stability of work now more than ever.

MB has been through some life changes that have probably taught him to adapt. SB has never had to learn any of that.

Peter Reckell and Ronn Moss hated things that were going on with their respective shows, so it wasn't only about money with them. They have both invested well and are probably looking forward to a soap-less future.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 49712/06/2012

I find it hard to believe that FV and RC are the first gay men Burton ever encountered. I am sure most of the actors on daytime are gay. I am not so sure that would have played a role in his departure. Ten years of being top dog and having the writers and EP bow to your wishes is more likely the reason. He even refused to do love scenes and his insistence on not removing any clothing led to some ridiculous scenes (Liz, a nurse, putting a bandage on his shotgun wound around his bloody jeans rather than removing them). Frankly, it is like a new, better show without his sleepwalking acting dominating the show.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 49812/06/2012

I'm really hoping they do something to rework Sonny Corinthos because I am not looking forward to a continuation of all that has been happening so far. The scene yesterday in which he apologized to Connie for her getting raped by Joe Jr and then in the next breath coming on to her like a creepy old man was disturbing - not in a fascinating way. The character continually repulses me. I can only see the next step for Sonny is try and go legit, and hopefully we can see him take a few hits from a stronger AJ to humanize him. It would even be satisfying to see Sonny hanging from a meathook begging a grinning AJ to be let down.

And they have to get rid of Johnny Zacchara. The character is just floating around carrying the shame of killing a child. With AJ in the picture and an inevitable Todd-Carly-AJ triangle and a Sonny-Connie-AJ triangle looming on the horizon, we don't need Johnny anymore.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 49912/06/2012

[quote]And they have to get rid of Johnny Zacchara.

No! They have to keep him. I've grown very attached to him. Take Dante instead.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 50012/06/2012

The ridiculous obsession with Kristen Alderson is quite mind-boggling. Does her mother have blackmail material?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 50112/06/2012

We need Sleestak on GH!!

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 50212/07/2012

I agree that Johnny is better than Dante, but Dante has family ties. Johnny has none. He's a free agent that orbits the family structures of GH and he's been backed into a corner with this latest story. There is way too many potential leading men on this show right now.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 50312/07/2012

Way too many potential leading men, but few of them are attractive.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 50412/07/2012

I always thought that when a gay man produced a soap, the chances would be far greater that it would be visually appealing.

Under FV, GH's hair, makeup, wardrobe, lighting, editing and photography have all gone downhill, and its music sucks.

Are we sure this guy is gay?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 50512/07/2012

I would get rid of both Johnny and Dante. I would recast Dylan and age Michael a bit so that they can go head to head against each other. Also, Lulu needs a different leading man, a dirty white boy that is going to rock her world and get her caught up in danger and intrigue. I'd also create maybe a new doctor and a young law student who dates a recast Kristina, but is actually hot for Alexis. I would get rid of the black bartender guy and his kid.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 50612/07/2012

R506 So let me get this straight - get Lulu a white boyfriend, get rid of the blacks, make a couple more changes and we're all good?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 50712/07/2012

No silly, I wasn't being racist. I said a dirty white boy, Dante's white and a cop and too clean and good for Lulu. Lulu needs a man like her father, who just comes into her life and turns everything upside down. Someone who is nothing but trouble.

The black bartender guy is completely useless, not because he's black but because he was brought on by a different regime for another purpose. The show has changed, and the character doesn't fit anymore. If he was still Carly's bodyguard and had the hots for her, that might be interesting.

Oh and I would also get rid of Star Manning.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 50812/07/2012

The problem with Starr Manning is that she's not being written correctly. She's the daughter of Todd and Blair, she should be a major-league schemer.

We're just now starting to see this again. Glad they got rid of her Teen Mom shackles.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 50912/07/2012

The problem with Starr Manning is that they need to hire a different actress to play her.

KA does not have the talent, presence or looks to pull off the part she's playing. Too bad, because I enjoyed her when she was a kid but she hasn't grown into the role.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 51012/07/2012

Spectacular show today. I wasn't expecting that last scene. I love how the show reserves these little surprises in the age of spoilers.

LW and CD rocked in their scenes.

Today was the first day I actually liked that Sabrina character. I loved her scenes with Todd and that scene with Patrick in the elevator was sweet.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 51112/07/2012

R510, ITA. Alderson is no Heather Tom.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 51212/07/2012

Johnny is the only man on canvas who has really smoking chemistry with Kristen Alderson.

That said I would like to thank GH for putting little Chad Duell onscreen prancing around in tiny boxers again today. Whoever is responsible for having him constantly in his underwear in December is a great humanitarian.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 51312/07/2012

Johnny also has the best chemistry with Maxie.

GH was stupid for firing Ingo Rademacher because he worked well with every woman they ever paired him with, but Brandon Barash is a close second to him.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 51412/07/2012

Why do they keep forcing us to witness Patrick's tiny little bird chest. Thank God that big dicked twink Chad Duell gave us a little show today.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 51512/07/2012

How do we know of Chad Duell's package?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 51612/07/2012

Hard to believe that Chad was recently married. Lucky wife getting plowed by that cutie.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 51712/07/2012

r510 Fifteen years ago, people might have said the same thing about Kimberly McCullough (Robin).

Kristen Alderson may not be an Oscar caliber actress, but we've known her in that role since 2000. That counts for a lot. We've watched her grow up and that has established a huge bond with the audience.

That longtime connection is something only the soaps can provide. But its even rarer for soaps to allow a child actress to grow up in a role.

Kimberly McCullough, Erin Torpey, Christie Clark and Allison Sweeney are the only other ones I can think of who we've watched grow up on the show. Well, I guess you could also count Eddie Alderson on OLTL too.

I like her in the role. I like the character.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 51812/07/2012

The difference is Kristen Alderson grew up on OLTL. This isn't OLTL, this is GH which requires a higher caliber of acting and a different look.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 51912/07/2012

R518, I thought the same thing many times about KA while I was watching OLTL. I also thought it about KMc on GH, although I didn't like her when she was a child either.

This is GH we're watching now. Many GH viewers did not watch KA/Starr grow up and they aren't interested in cutting her any slack because she's not very good.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 52012/07/2012

In the current edition of Soap Opera Digest Scott Reeves talks about his character being an LSD baby and how that would affect the person he is playing today.

Heather took LSD while pregnant with his character, Steven Lars.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 52112/07/2012

I feel bad for personally attacking the OLTL transfers on here. I just feel there's a whole agenda at work and it's like the Friends of Frank, you know? I like Kassie and Roger. I'm just projecting.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 52312/07/2012

Angry fatty alert at R522

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 52412/07/2012

What Frank and ROn did to Heather Webber was really obvious and lazy in my opinion. The worst kind of Baby Jane Hudson laboured camp. I love Robin Mattson but the writing was so grating and one-note for her that I couldn't wait for her to leave.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 52512/07/2012

I already apologized r524. I just wish people could understand why I take it out on the Llanview people, even though it's not really their fault. They represent the transference of a specific vision onto a show that never worked the same way. GH has just become so pedestrian. You'd think two gay men would give us an exotic ticket to some adventurous port town. The actors aren't even trying anymore. Everybody is just running off the mouth with their lines but nobody's really PLAYING it.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 52612/07/2012

No one should bash Ron and Frank for trying to turn this show around, but Kristen Alderson is not GH caliber. There a million actresses who could play Star much better and be attractive at the same time. GH has always been an actor's soap. I'm going to compare the soaps to their primetime equivalents.

Days = Melrose Place. Campy, over the top, oversexed, with hot guys and beautiful women doing outrageous things.

YR = Dallas. Great production values, solid performances every once in a while, but bigger than life and melodramatic.

BB = Dynasty. Nothing else needs to be said.

GH = Was always like a cable drama. Solid acting, complex storylines, complex characters, played by actors who could really act. Alderson can't act. She's was okay for OLTL, she's out of her league on this show.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 52712/07/2012

Bizarre comparisons. Days is about as opposite to Melrose Place as a show could get. Days is a conservative happy religious show (Eric Brady's come back as a priest for god's sake). Melrose was a brilliant satire of the human condition, a cynical vicious innovative little upstart.

Y&R and Dallas? I'd compare Y&R more to early Dynasty, pre-Alexis. I wonder if Bill Bell lifted Victor and Heather Tom's Victoria and her hatred of Ashley from the original Blake/Fallon/Krystle relationship.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 52812/07/2012

Someone clearly never watched OLTL at its best if they think it was the low-class soap compared to GH.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 52912/07/2012

r522 Sorry you're not liking Ron and Frank's vision for GH.Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Everyone is entitled to prefer Guza's vision for Port Charles.

But you do realize that if not for Frank and Ron, GH would now be history. Guza, and Garin who followed him, aided by JFP, where taking the show straight to cancellation.

So as much as you're bitching about how horrible it is under Frank and Ron, keep in mind the show could be dead right now.

Would you rather have a show to nitpick over or a canceled show?

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 53012/07/2012

I can't believe after years - YEARS - of people complaining about Guza and PHelps' one note portrayal of Mob Hospital that people are now complaining because - basically - OLTL characters are on GH. Never mind that the show is now more balanced than it has been in a decade. Never mind that after years of a slow, agonizing death, the Quartermaines are front and center again and are actually growing. Never mind that historic GH characters - Robert, Anna, Lucy, Heather, Faison - are back for short term arcs or permanently. Never mind that the mob is FINALLY not the center of the show. Never mind that PCPD is once again being shown as somewhat competent. Never mind that every new regime brings on new characters and as such, Frank and Ron actually made a brilliant move by bringing on 'new' characters from an already established show to mix things up and bring in new viewers - and it's worked.

The show is finally worth saving again.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 53112/07/2012

R531, the only one that is out of place is Kristen Alderson as Starr. Todd and McBain are fine. The periodic guests stints from Tea and Blair are fine. Alderson is the problem. She's weird looking and can't act.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 53212/07/2012

K. Alderson's whole situation is almost tragic. She's not physically attractive, is not a good actress, can't sing but because an EP who's known her since she was a kid has an attachment to her, she's in a job that exposes her to endless scorn. I don't blame her for collecting a paycheck, but, and I mean this literally, her presence could kill GH. She needs to go to nursing school and let someone who can capitalize on the opportunity to keep GH on the air take the Starr Manning role.

by Steve Burton, hero of Port Charlesreply 53312/08/2012
Need more help? Click Here.