Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Kirstie Alley's Maine home is for sale.

Can you say pastels?

by Anonymousreply 4112/07/2012

It looks like the Necco Wafer factory exploded.

by Anonymousreply 108/27/2012

I like the home. I'd be doing some serious painting, but still love the home, yard, etc.

by Anonymousreply 208/27/2012

Spectacular landscape design.

But two teeth rotted out of my skull by picture 12.

by Anonymousreply 308/27/2012

Beautiful...except the furniture and colors.

by Anonymousreply 408/27/2012

Now I am 100% certain she's a dyke.

by Anonymousreply 508/27/2012

Looks like Sandra Dee's doll house. Holy shit.

by Anonymousreply 608/27/2012

It's her Barbie dream house! There are ways to do a pastel explosion that would've been cool, but that sure ain't it. Not enough coordination going on, too many busy, mismatched patterns, and a lot of them are ugly. It's really a Holly Hobby dream house. And it's weird how opposite her personality is from that ultra frilly stuff, she's a mean, fat old cunt.

by Anonymousreply 708/27/2012

No wonder she's a foodie...it looks like it's made of candy and ice cream

by Anonymousreply 808/27/2012

Removing her furnishings and a week of painting and it's gorgeous.

Is she a child?

by Anonymousreply 908/27/2012

W&W for R8!

by Anonymousreply 1008/28/2012

She gorged on Mackenzie-Childs until she shat all over the place.

Do her clam handlers stay in the barracks rooms or are they forced to sleep in the folly?

by Anonymousreply 1108/28/2012

I wonder why she wants to move, maybe a giant pastel-pink doily has been converted into a house somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 1208/28/2012

That house is so grannyish that just looking at the pictures made my hair turn gray!

by Anonymousreply 1308/28/2012

Be still, my chintz.

by Anonymousreply 1408/28/2012

I actually think it is rather good for that sort of thing. So, its feminine. So what. She can't pull off the ruffles and roses look in her clothing; so, she embraces it in her decor. For that sort of design, it is really rather restrained (I some of you will find that hard to believe, but I have been in houses that make this one look like Mies van der Rohe) Of course, she probably had a stylist edit the home for the photos. That could be just a third of what she had in there. Unless someone knows her well enough to have personal photos, we will never know.

by Anonymousreply 1508/28/2012

Didn't she claim she once had a career as an interior designer? I bet both her kids are minimalists and can't wait to paint everything black. I can't imagine living in some of those interiors. The chandeliers draped with pink and mint green ribbons made me laugh out loud.

by Anonymousreply 1608/28/2012

I'm looking for the teeth marks.

by Anonymousreply 1708/28/2012

The landscaping and exterior are filled with promise, but they belie a rotten to the core interior. Even beyond the pastels and Hobbie Hobbie fabrics, it's a hideous arrangement of amorphous open spaces with false framing and upbracing. Nasty.

by Anonymousreply 1808/28/2012

I think it's a beautiful home. True, it isn't my style, but NEWSFLASH...it isn't my home! It is HER space.

It is too feminine for a guy to be comfortable in. So what? It's obviously NOT meant for a guy. It is very much a gal's space. It is a space probably for her vacations. I'm guessing she doesn't or didn't live there year-round.

The style looks like a new, polished version of Shabby/cottage chic. That is fine. Not all people want worn wood or second hand stuff in their homes.

The grounds are lovely, absolutely wonderful New England. The room with the vases, a work/"mud" room was lovely. Esp. nice was the collection of vintage? vases on the wall. The individual beauty of the vases can be enjoyed when they are not in use.

by Anonymousreply 1912/06/2012

The emotion I saw here was joy, pure joy. All those upbeat pastels! Yes, it is playful. I was born and raised in New England. This sure is a nice change from the dour, "proper" interiors I endured.

by Anonymousreply 2012/06/2012

Awful! Absolutely awful!

by Anonymousreply 2112/06/2012

The exterior and the landscape of the home is very gorgeous! R19, is absolutely right and he or she sounds very open minded and intelligent. I understand what she was trying to capture in her home which is a cottage Chintz feel ,which is really charming. However, the bedroom with the blast of various patterns is way too much, but the rest of the home is really superb and elegant. I love the vine chandelier which is beautiful and probably done by a craftsman.Unfortunately there is a major movement ,which started around 10 years ago regarding this Mao philosophy incorporated in interior design. Its really ridiculous that if someone's decor isn't minimalist, and he or she doesn't follow the masses like robots, and don't think as an individual, then their taste is insulted and ridiculed that their palace looks like grandma's house which is off the charts stupid. This is typical when I watch House Hunters on HGTV. These unsophisticated clueless fraus who are so used to furniture from their local lazy Boy store,look at a gorgeous priceless chandelier for example, and think it looks like, the recycled to death label,grandma's house or ugly? really? ugly? cut crystal prisms reflecting sunlight or colors in a room?

When I watch old movies, skim through many different interior design books from the 30s, 40s, 50s, 60, 70s, and 80s, ironically I observe much more individuality than today. Some homes had Asian decor, others had classic furnishings, some had minimalist interiors, some had French ornate interiors, on and on. People had various tastes.

BTW, I also think there are some hypocrisy coming from those who are concern about our environment. Many people who ecologically conscious will buy new furniture made from a throw away dump frame of mind in our modern society.Most furniture made today is made out of pressed wood which is pure shit and full of chemicals, yet they won't but antiques? Or 20th century modern vintage pieces? Since the minimalist look is key, Art Deco furnishings from the 20s through the 30's are very simple lines and many pieces were designed ahead of there time. Again, very simple lines can be found in most furniture from the 1940s which many pieces were very much ahead of their time. And of course, many of the 50s and 60s furnishings are very modern and futuristic. The furniture of the past was made to stand the test of time.

You can find bargains at flea markets, thrift shops, and antique stores. The search for pieces is much more fun. Also, no one to very little of the population will have what you have when you buy older anything because it did not come off a conveyor belt recently. It makes you unique and and special.

Sorry for being preachy.

by Anonymousreply 2212/06/2012

R22, this is the poster from r19. I agree with you about antiques and older interiors. In fact, I like your post very much. You are an informed individual.

And YES, I know what you mean about those home decor shows on the television. So much modern stuff is really just....well, junk.

by Anonymousreply 2312/06/2012

How many threads will be dedicated to this?

by Anonymousreply 2412/06/2012

R22

The fact that she is maintaing the honest rustic look of the exterior and the grounds is commendable. It' looks right and it's beautiful.

And I agree about the vine-covered ceiling lamp. Another poster pointed it out as well. It stopped me as I clicked through the pictures.

But the rest is a disaster.

As far as your post about "the minamalist" look... go to any shelter mag or shelter web site out there today: there is lots and lots of nostalgia on view. It's been the rage for the last few years now.

But the problem with the home here: the owner doesn't have the taste, or the culture, pull it off.

It looks to me like she was a big fan of Laura Ashley back in 1992.

by Anonymousreply 2512/06/2012

horrific, horrendous, horrid, ghastly, hideous

by Anonymousreply 2612/06/2012

No man would ever spend the night in that house (as decorated).

Especially a straight one.

by Anonymousreply 2712/06/2012

Good god...it is like living inside of a cupcake.

by Anonymousreply 2812/06/2012

That furniture makes me nauseous.

by Anonymousreply 2912/06/2012

Does it have much closet space?

by Anonymousreply 3012/06/2012

Agree with R22. Not my taste but I think it's very charming in its own way. Everything fits together very well.

by Anonymousreply 3112/06/2012

R22 and R31 are the sorts of people who think that if a combination of orange and blue is carried out throughout a place with an obsessive consistency, it is tasteful and pleasing. It's all about having your socks and panties match, no matter what that means.

No.

by Anonymousreply 3212/06/2012

The original home is a Cape Cod and you know what that means. It means the builders tried to convince the buyers that slanted attic space equaled two extra bedrooms. Capes need to be dormered or they are so oppressive. Better off taking out the floor and lofting but even then, a Cape is a poor excuse for a house. Better leave it as a bungalow or cottage because it can never really pass as more.

by Anonymousreply 3312/06/2012

It did look like someone barfed up a dollhouse. I looked at the pics half expecting to see a giant hand reaching into one of the rooms.

by Anonymousreply 3412/06/2012

I don't mean to change the subject, but is someone planing on writing a thread on Kristie's autobiography that just came out? A lot people are pissed off with her because she claims that when she was in the film, North and South, staring Patrick Swayze, she said he was going to leave his wife for her? People are angry because he is dead and he can't defend himself verifying if this was true or not. Also, that was a slap in the face to his wife who apparently he deeply loved.

by Anonymousreply 3512/06/2012

frou frou to the max

by Anonymousreply 3612/06/2012

Laura Ashley Slept Here.

by Anonymousreply 3712/06/2012

Never said it was tasteful or distasteful, R32. Nice try. What I meant was that as a theme (dollhouse to the extreme), it's very well done. Even charming in a way. I could see it being successful as a bed and breakfast just because of the novelty.

by Anonymousreply 3812/06/2012

^Oops, I'm R31.

by Anonymousreply 3912/06/2012

[R37] Laura Ashley on Acid!!

by Anonymousreply 4012/07/2012

I'm saying it's distasteful[R38].

by Anonymousreply 4112/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.