Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

2012 U.S. Open Thread

Roger, Joker and Olympic Gold medalist Andy (still without a major) and Rafa out (No?).

Serena, Serena, Serena (will she threaten anyone this year?) and oh, yeah, some other people (Kim and Shara-who-pa?).

Will Chris Everett, World's Worst Tennis Commentator, finally make a pithy remark, or Pam Shriver finally give in to temptation and sleep with all the men after whom she fervently lusts?

Is Mary Carillo, World's Best Tennis Commentator, a voice clone of your primary school gym teacher?

Andy Roddick's gorgeous ass and petulant behavior may be there even if his mojo left years ago.

What will Mirka be eating, and will Brooklyn Decker Roddick finally eat something?

Francis (aka Buddy Cole-ins), DL's resident tennis insider, please contribute.

by Anonymousreply 46808/26/2013

Bless you, OP.

Hopefully some NYC DLers will have some reports of player sightings around the city in the next couple of weeks.

by Anonymousreply 108/27/2012

Serena should have been kicked out of the game for life, she is a nasty CUNT

by Anonymousreply 208/27/2012

Sucks Rafa is out. I LOVE it when he beats Fed. I guess I want Djoker, though if Murray or DelPort wins, I won't be upset. On the female side, I would so love it if Kimmy wins, but I don't she'll be able to. Anyone but Serena. Venus, Azaranka, Sharapova, I don't care. Just not smarmy Serena.

by Anonymousreply 308/27/2012

Didn't we just see all these people play last week?

by Anonymousreply 408/27/2012

I can't believe they put one of the Obama girls out there to play Clijsters tonight.

by Anonymousreply 508/27/2012

Up for the Open. I didn't start this thread for it to linger.

by Anonymousreply 608/28/2012

I WILL SHOVE THIS THREAD DOWN YOUR FUCKING THROAT, OP!

by Anonymousreply 708/28/2012

"Is Mary Carillo, World's Best Tennis Commentator, a voice clone of your primary school gym teacher?"

Oh I loathe her, she reminds me of a white Robin Roberts (who should get well soon).

by Anonymousreply 808/28/2012

This has been a more interesting tournament than I expected it to be thus far, but most of my favorites have lost and most of the guys I strongly dislike have won, so my enthusiasm of the event has dropped.

A lot of 5-set matches on the men's side, very competitive matches and several guys have come from two sets down to win in five already in the event. Garcia-Lopez coming from two sets down and 4-1 in the third set to beat 10 seed Monaco is probably the most dramatic match of the event thus far. There haven't been too many serious upsets on the male side but there have been a fair few on the women's side, although all of the title contenders on both sides have mostly cruised through.

Wozniacki was destroyed 2-6 2-6 today by a talented Romanian girl, and now she is likely headed out of the top 10. I really don't like Caroline too much.......basically at all. But she had knee problems going into this event and couldn't give her best. Her career is really unraveling on a very public scale and it's sort of sad at this point.

Serena and Venus played great in their first round matches. Venus vs Kerber will be on Thursday and has the potential to be an awesome match.

by Anonymousreply 908/28/2012

I hope that line judge is still around, runs out on court, and shoves TWO balls down Serena's suckhole.

by Anonymousreply 1008/28/2012

r10, that little Asian line judge is definitely still around. I saw her on TV while watching Cincinnati a couple weeks ago. Such a surreal moment in US Open history.

by Anonymousreply 1208/28/2012

I miss Pete!!!

by Anonymousreply 1308/28/2012

Hopefully you plan on taking some pics, R11. It would be great if you get a couple of decent player shots that you'd be willing to share with us here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 1408/29/2012

Cheers to Garcia-Lopez for that win. OP: Roddick & Murray have the same first names, at first I thought you had forgotten that Roddick does have a major.

by Anonymousreply 1508/29/2012

I'm planning on going to this event next year. Too late for this year as I live in the UK. I have been to Wimbledon and the 02 for the ATP Tour finals.

Any recommendations?

by Anonymousreply 1608/29/2012

r16 A Stosur/Navatrilova sammie?

by Anonymousreply 1708/29/2012

r14, definitely taking the camera this time. Forgot it last time & was totally pissed at myself. Fortunately a friend of mine got some incredible pics. We were like 4th row behind the baseline in Grandstand. Hoping for similar luck later this week.

r16, do you mean recommendations for the National Tennis Center or NYC in general?

by Anonymousreply 1808/29/2012

Saw Richard Gasquet having breakfast at a Pret-A-Manger on 36th Street and Fifth Avenue. So much hotter in person!

I wonder where Andy Murray is staying this year. He mentioned in an interview he's staying in a "quiet hotel outside Manhattan".

Any other sightings outside the US Open grounds?

by Anonymousreply 1908/29/2012

Andy Roddick has got to be the worst tennis player in history.

by Anonymousreply 2008/29/2012

Novak Djokovic Marriage Proposal from Kid

by Anonymousreply 2108/29/2012

r11 - Really? Roddick has squeezed an amazing career out of a middling level of talent. I can't stand him, but I give him props for getting huge mileage out of what he has. And if shot spot had been around in '03, he would have lost to Nalbandian in the US Open semi. He should be thrilled to have one slam.

Isner seems like a nice guy, but his game makes Roddick's look nuanced.

by Anonymousreply 2208/29/2012

I'm very happy about Gilles Muller beating Youzhny in a final set tiebreak coming from 2-0 down in sets today. He's a really great guy and plays a very entertaining game. He plays Hewitt next and then likely Ferrer in the 3rd round if he can beat Hewitt. Hopefully he makes a deep run here.

Today has been another interesting day, on the men's side, especially. Several long, competitive matches today which is becoming a theme of the tournament. It's been pretty humid in NY so the guys and gals who can get through their matches easily will have an advantage later in the event.

by Anonymousreply 2308/29/2012

What IS Mirka eating this tournament? Twinkies? Little Debbie's?

by Anonymousreply 2408/29/2012

Sad to see the great players exit the game. I was hoping that Clijsters could have had a really special finale tournament, but it wasn't meant to be.

It's not all that surprising considering how little she's played in the past year. But it's still sad to know that someone that actually draws you to the game (she's one of the few WTA players that does it for me) won't be taking to the court anymore.

She had gifted with talent on the court, and unfortunately was cursed with a body that couldn't always cooperate to sustain her style of play (similar to Rafa).

I would have rather seen this as the night match, but even on her swan song I suppose Kim isn't as big a draw as Sharapova.

But Kim was as good a sportsperson and human being as anyone could ever know and I think that will be her legacy.

Also - well done Robson because Kim was still playing well and she handled everything thrown at her and gave it back.

by Anonymousreply 2508/29/2012

R24 looks like Mirka is eating NY. I don't understand how a former pro athlete lets herself go like she has. Federer must be a chubby chaser. The whole thing makes no sense and no, I don't think their relationship is fake. Maybe he really likes some meet on a woman's bones. If she slimmed down and lost twenty pounds or so she would be attractive. Nice bone structure.

by Anonymousreply 2608/29/2012

Oops, I meant to say above that maybe Federer likes some "meat" on a woman's bones, not meet!

by Anonymousreply 2708/29/2012

I'm amazed anybody cares about Roddick, who has aged very poorly, with Djokovic around.

by Anonymousreply 2808/29/2012

What day is the rain from whatever is left of Hurricane Isaac expected to hit the tournament?

by Anonymousreply 2908/29/2012

I think its up for grabs

by Anonymousreply 3008/29/2012

R28, with Roddick, it's all about his ass.

by Anonymousreply 3108/30/2012

Roddick just announced that this will be his last tournament. Not a huge shocker, but I thought he'd stick it out at least one more year. He just turned 30 today.

His presser vaguely refers to all of the off-court things that 'excite' and 'interest' him, but not what those things are, other than something his foundation is doing. Makes a backhanded diss to his peers who keep going without being at the top.

He doesn't seem at all emotional about it.

by Anonymousreply 3208/30/2012

Not a Roddick fan, but I hope he goes far in this Open, his last apparently.

by Anonymousreply 3308/30/2012

Is John McEnroe drunk tonight? He's making some unforced errors.

by Anonymousreply 3408/30/2012

The folks that are hot for Roddick's ass will miss it. Like R33, I'm not a fan of Andy as a person or a player, but I do acknowledge that he has a great rear.

It was an odd time for him to make the announcement - in the middle of the tournament. But for sentimental reasons it is the perfect place to call it a career.

Mixed in with his comments he said something about not wanting to 'disrespect the game' by playing longer and watching his ranking fall farther. It would have been more accurate to say he didn't want his pride to take a hit by going out that way. There is no 'disrespect' to the sport if you are playing as hard and as well as you can for as long as you are able. In that case it's a matter of accepting your circumstances and letting pride affect the way you measure success. His comment is actually disrespectful to the multitude of players that do end their careers with slow slippage in the rankings. Another slightly asshole-ish thing from a guy that has has plenty of such moments.

That said, I think it's good that he's leaving the game while he's still in the Top 30. I just don't like the way he worded his comment and what it means for other players. Nevertheless, I will likely get a little choked up if Tomic takes him out tomorrow night.

On another topic, I always forget about Bjorn Phau when talking about players I think are hot. He's a little short for me, but I've always thought he was a cute guy.

Will Melanie be able to defend her mixed doubles title with Jack Sock? I was so sure they would lose today, but they rallied to knock out the No. 5 (I think) seed. Nice work. I like them together so I hope they do well, but ultimately I'd like Clijsters/Bob Bryan to win the championship.

by Anonymousreply 3508/31/2012

Andy was his usual self-absorbed self, calling a mid-tournament press conference to try and drum up some press and adulation for himself. He was a good player, and one who outperformed his talent, often on the sheer audacity of his ego. Watching his results erode, and his tantrums on court increase, was not at all pleasurable, though, and it'll be interesting to see what he is able to do with the remaining 50 years of his life. I'm hoping he'll surprise us, but I suspect his next headline will be "Former athlete Roddick arrested for DUI" or "Actress Brooklyn Decker charges non-famous husband with spousal abuse."

by Anonymousreply 3608/31/2012

If Brooklyn's career elevates, they'll be divorced within 2 years. He's not a guy who likes to be upstaged.

Roddick making the announcement now was a bit of a diva move, but also an acknowledgement that he's not confident he can beat Tomic without some truly obnoxious crowd support. I'll be cheering for Tomic but he's likely to be affected by the atmosphere.

[quote]His comment is actually disrespectful to the multitude of players that do end their careers with slow slippage in the rankings.

Agreed. And how is it any more 'respectful' to the game to depart as soon as you suspect you're out of your glory years? It's his prerogative to leave whenever he wants to, but it's typical of him to front like he's taking the high road while actually being a bitch.

It's also disrespectful not to acknowledge that some players weren't rolling in endorsement money their whole careers like he was and don't have the option of packing their racquets and going home as soon as they're no longer major contenders.

by Anonymousreply 3708/31/2012

I think Ryan Harrison might be heir to the throne that Roddick is vacating - and I'm not talking about his play. He can be just about as petulant and whiny on court as Roddick is/was.

by Anonymousreply 3808/31/2012

r38 Harrison is into watersports, and occasionally likes a gangbang. TOTAL bottom bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3908/31/2012

I'm just watching a recording of the Kerber/Venus match right now. I haven't seen the hot blond guy that was always in her box at Wimbledon. One of our posters identified him as her manager, but now I can't remember the dude's name. Was hoping to see if he still looked hot.

by Anonymousreply 4008/31/2012

I didn't realize that the seemingly spontaneous dancing Sam Stosur did on court was connected to the multiple appearances of the LMFAO dude in the stands until reading the attached.

Can't wait to see Delpo v. Harrison later today.

by Anonymousreply 4108/31/2012

I'm really liking this Steve Johnson guy. Apart from attending a Big Ten championship a couple of years ago, I've never followed college tennis much so I didn't know his name until this event. It was impressive to see him take out Gulbis yesterday. Later in the afternoon I watched him paired with Falconi lose to Clijsters & B.Bryan - very fun match. And later today he and Jack Sock might be in trouble in men's doubles because Jack withered a bit in the end against Almagro.

Also impressive is Laura Robson. It's a little tough to measure how unexpected it was taking out Kim Clijsters because Kim's been injured and hasn't been playing. But following that up with a takedown of an in-form Li Na is a real wake-up call. And she's such a sweetheart in interviews that it's hard to not like her.

Tomic's play really made no sense against Roddick. That kid has been so highly touted as the next big thing (and probably deservedly), but he played that match timidly like he has no confidence in his talent. And he followed up that shoddy performance with a pissy press conference. He's got some maturing to do both on and off court.

by Anonymousreply 4209/01/2012

The announcement Maria made about being split from Vujacic since the spring was funny - mainly because of her comment that she's surprised nobody has asked her about him in such a long time. She's really one of those people that you can't ask just anything of though without risking getting major attitude back if you've struck her the wrong way. So it shouldn't be a surprise to her that people might be cautious asking about her personal life.

It's also amusing to connect that info to the fact that she took a pregnancy test just a few weeks ago. She said she took the test when they were trying to diagnose what was causing her to not feel well. So if she's been split with him since spring but still had a possibility of being pregnant, she's probably been getting some loving from someone else...someone with a dick...allegedly.

by Anonymousreply 4309/01/2012

Lol, Sharapova's engagement was a sham.

by Anonymousreply 4409/01/2012

Verdasco's FACIAL HAIR is making me nauseated. I need to slap his face, slap it viciously!

by Anonymousreply 4509/01/2012

So what IS the deal with Pam Shriver? Growing up about the same time in B'more I always assumed she was a closeted lesbian, "dating" Cal Ripken, and being a vocal Republican supporter. (More old-school Republican, supporting Bush the First).

Then she married some guy who immediately died (I assumed for straight cred), and THEN married the single-use 007 (George Lazenby) and had twins at a rather advanced age, then a very nasty breakup.

Was Martina her GF during those years they won all the doubles titles? Has the fact that she pretty much peaked at 16 turned her squirrelly?

by Anonymousreply 4609/01/2012

Stosur's dance was very odd and suggests that she is distracted. And doing it for a male in her box might indicate that she's going further into the closet. Had she not explained why she did the dance, I would have guessed that she was giddily in love with a new woman.

by Anonymousreply 4709/01/2012

Raonic's mom should have told him to stand up straight and put his shoulders back when he was growing up. His posture is generally a little hunched.

by Anonymousreply 4809/01/2012

r48 That is because he spends too much time in his sling.

by Anonymousreply 4909/01/2012

Just read/watched Tomic's post-match presser. You know, he's got perfect looks & temperament to be a great villain. Tennis hasn't had one in so long. Of course, he's going to have to start winning more to be effective in this role.

by Anonymousreply 5009/01/2012

Agree with you R50. It would be good to have a new bad boy in the game, but it doesn't work if he can't go deep into tournaments.

Maybe our DLer that is going to be at the Open tomorrow will get to see Roddick's final match ever. But since Andy dispatched Tomic so easily, it would be weird for him to not also take out Fognini.

by Anonymousreply 5109/01/2012

Tomic COULD be the Nastase/McEnroe/Connors of the 2010's, but with his wacky father, temper, flaming out on court and run-ins with the law over speeding, he is more likely the Capriati of the decade.

by Anonymousreply 5209/01/2012

r52 - Oh, messy Jen. Could always rely on her for some drama. Capriati always seemed like an incidental mess to me though, like she couldn't help it.

Tomic comes across more like a deliberate wanker. When he took on the journalist from Reuters, he leaned forward with his mouth hanging open in this aggressive yob posture - it was hilarious. Plus he was wearing this total bogan loose-fitting orange wife beater, and at one point leaned back with his hands behind his head, flashing his pits. A worker bee had to whisper to him to sit forward. Not sure he's got enough ambition to win consistently though.

by Anonymousreply 5309/02/2012

The Tomic post-match interview.

by Anonymousreply 5409/02/2012

Tomic has the game, but not the head, or attitude to win yet. He goes away when things get tight. His career could look a lot like a B-version Rios, unless he learns to get more of an appetite for competition.

by Anonymousreply 5509/02/2012

R37 I really don't see Brooklyn's career rise. I agree someone that Roddick aged poorly.

by Anonymousreply 5609/02/2012

James VanDerBeek's forehead has nothing on Jelena Jankovic.

by Anonymousreply 5709/02/2012

I agree Ana. They could show movies on that broad's forehead.

by Anonymousreply 5809/02/2012

There is a ball boy that bears a resemblance to currently uber-popular diver Tom Daley. Cute guy that might be a little shorter than Daley, but just as tan.

I've seen him work a few matches this week on either Grandstand or Armstrong, but today he worked the Roddick/Fognini match on Ashe. Each time I've seen him he's been positioned to the left of the umpire and players chairs (to their left if they are sitting in them) against the back wall by the IBM clock.

by Anonymousreply 5909/02/2012

Correction to my post at R59. It's not the IBM clock, it's the IBM serve speed box that he is stationed at.

by Anonymousreply 6009/02/2012

As soon as I read your post, R59, I saw him on the screen.

by Anonymousreply 6109/02/2012

I'm glad Petrova gets to play the night match on Ashe. She's a good time to watch cause she's such a headcase sometimes - not as bad as Zvonareva, but she's up there.

And it's fun to see what she's wearing because sometimes I think she needs a gay best friend to tell her that she is dressed like a clown.

by Anonymousreply 6209/02/2012

A clown? Who you calling a clown?

by Anonymousreply 6309/02/2012

Boy are the women getting screwed with tv coverage on CBS??? McEnroe must decide what matches they are covering - because his big mouth has to be all over them. Stosur-Robson should be on Ashe! She's the defending champion and Robson is the hot new star. But no... Kvitova-Bartoli has the makings of some crazy stuff but it is relegated to the grandstand. Who is in charge at the WTA??? Just sayin..

by Anonymousreply 6409/02/2012

God I HATE TRACY FUCKING AUSTIN!! Shut the fuck up bitch! Is she paid by the word??

by Anonymousreply 6509/02/2012

r59 Pedo

by Anonymousreply 6609/02/2012

I'm with you R64. And this Bartoli v. Kvitova match has turned out to be more interesting than any other ladies match today.

by Anonymousreply 6709/02/2012

I'm sick to death of Sharapova screaming like she's giving birth with every swing.

by Anonymousreply 6809/02/2012

I'm picking Juan Martin del Potro to win the tournament.

by Anonymousreply 6909/02/2012

Poor poor Melanie Oudin won't repeat as mixed doubles champion.

by Anonymousreply 7009/02/2012

3 set women's match + rain delay + 5 set men's match = 2:30 am finish time.

Sweetness for Labor Day weekend.

by Anonymousreply 7209/03/2012

Mardy Fish pulled out!

by Anonymousreply 7309/03/2012

It's a shame Mardy pulled out. That Fish/Federer match was possibly the best one on the schedule for today.

He usually gives good interviews so I look forward to hearing what he has to say about the withdrawal.

by Anonymousreply 7409/03/2012

They showed every second of that boring ass Serena match where she just demolished the other girl.

by Anonymousreply 7509/03/2012

R75, they showed that match yet yesterday they tore away from the good Hewitt match to show the entirety of the Roddick match as the undue adulation of him continues.

by Anonymousreply 7609/03/2012

Roddick is on a mission. He may get far this time around. Remember, he beat Federer at Miami Masters a few months ago.

by Anonymousreply 7709/03/2012

r77 - He barely made it past Fognini. Unless DelPo has a major choke (entirely possible) or has received a major donation from the USTA, he's going to take out Roddick. Hopefully, it's a beat-down.

DelPo ended Safin's career in 2009 too. Of course, that wasn't in front of a rabid home crowd at a slam. And of course, Safin for all his quirks, would have had too much dignity or pride or whatever to be blubbing and carrying on like Roddick.

by Anonymousreply 7809/03/2012

Please, please, please let Milos take out Murray tonight. Raonic is a talented and likeable kid while Murray has such a dud of a personality that it's difficult to root for him.

I wonder what ailment he'll be faking tonight. Tight hamstring? Lower back stiffness? Tender ankle?

by Anonymousreply 7909/03/2012

I don't know Brooklyn Decker all that well, but did she get her trout pout freshly injected prior to this event?

I'm sure she was aware of the opportunity for getting more than the usual amount of camera time due to her business partner's retirement announcement.

by Anonymousreply 8009/03/2012

Agree with the other poster, Sharapova's shreiking, not grunting ( I wouldn't call it that), has gotten worse!!

Poor little Errani will be smashed by Serena. Kerber had a better chance.

by Anonymousreply 8109/03/2012

Well, the already easy draw for the felon, just became a cakewalk. How much did the Jehovah's pay the USTA?

by Anonymousreply 8209/03/2012

The coverage by CBS has SUCKED! I've never been so happy to have the cunts at ESPN back.

The Long goodbye to Andy Roddick is ridiculous. Hope it ends tomorrow night.

I don't see any of the current crop of American men winning a slam...EVER.

by Anonymousreply 8309/03/2012

The Tom Daley (kind of) look-alike is working the Murray/Raonic match, but he's in a different spot tonight.

He's to the right of the ump/players chairs (to their right if they are sitting in them) and in the position next to the Citizen match time clock.

by Anonymousreply 8409/03/2012

Nice work to Kirilenko and Nadia for knocking out Venus and Serena from doubles.

by Anonymousreply 8509/03/2012

WTF?

The LMFAO dude sat in with Azarenka (not Stosur) during her post-match press conference.

by Anonymousreply 8609/03/2012

Awesome match between Victoria and Sam!!

by Anonymousreply 8709/04/2012

Don't think the OP knows much about tennis: Chris Everett? (Evert).

Lots of mean bitchy nasty posts on this thread. Sheesh. DL is full of miserable people.

by Anonymousreply 8809/04/2012

Oh, well, R88, I may not know much about tennis, I grant you that, but for the "Everett" mistake, I blame auto-correct.

by Anonymousreply 8909/04/2012

Well I see you've taken as seat at the table, r88. Certainly you don't feel like your first sentence about the OP was pleasant or uplifting, do you?

Of course there is a lot of nastiness on this board. The rotten comments get more attention than anything complimentary. But as you stated, they say more about the poster than they do about whatever subject is being discussed. It's unfortunate.

On another topic - what a washout today was. Was all the rain from the remnants of Hurricane Isaac?

by Anonymousreply 9009/04/2012

I know they want to get Andy Roddick on TV in primetime and to give the night session ticket holders the most high demand matches they can, but...

I don't like the idea of starting another match when there are others left over from the day session that they could have brought on court to finish up. It makes more sense to me to try to finish up some that were already started than to add to the slate of matches that are only partly complete.

Maria and Marion could have finished up their match in the time that Roddick and Delpo played. I don't understand why they announced so early in the afternoon that those girls were postponed until tomorrow. Is it a conspiracy to aid Sharapova because she has already demonstrated that a rain delay = advantage Masha.

by Anonymousreply 9109/04/2012

r92 - In the rain delay at the start of the match, PMac & JMac both mentioned they'd had some ups and downs with Roddick over the years. And Paddy seemed pretty measured in his praise, particularly relative to the tongue bath he used to give him back when he was DCup coach. And also relative to the increasingly ridiculous 'legacy' tributes Roddick's been getting. I think the love is gone.

It's funny how good 7X slam winner JMac is at lauding lesser players like Roddick and sounding completely sincere.

Can't believe that the American commentators haven't mentioned Tipsarevic's Twitter rant against equal pay. In fact, they keep promoting that homophobic, sexist POS as a fun guy.

by Anonymousreply 9509/04/2012

You know Roddick is a nasty fuck

by Anonymousreply 9709/05/2012

Roddick, on a break point, missed his return by a few feet. PM: "That was a high-quality miss. Gotta admire his spirit."

If it was anyone else, the commentary, correctly, would have been "What an ill-advised shot, especially at such a crucial moment."

PM may have had some even moments, but he is still wildly ridiculous about Roddick.

by Anonymousreply 9809/05/2012

r98 - Oh I missed that one. Well, old habits and all. Can't quit the Andy pandering cold turkey. Though no doubt it's an ESPN directive to give Roddick a happy spin. JMac gets away with more controversial comments since he's a name.

by Anonymousreply 9909/05/2012

It's as if ESPN told everyone to only say good things about asshole Roddick. Patty Mac has his lips firmly planted on his dick and always has. Sometimes Roddick made him choke on it when he would criticize his strategy in a match, but Patty never stopped sucking.

I love how they never bring up Roddick's antics. and WTF @ Johnny Mac saying Roddick is a "smart player"? HELLO? If you've ever watched Roddick play in matches, it's clear his coach comes up with all the plays. Roddick's kamikaze approaches to net are not exactly genius.

I was hoping for a Serena Stosur final rematch. Instead either Cuntapova (I'm sure Bartoli will play like shit tomorrow) or Azashrieka will reach the final.

by Anonymousreply 10009/05/2012

Tipsarevic is pathetic. He was ranting about Serena's 6-0 6-0 win over Hlavackova but Djokovic lost just 2 games in his first round match and has cruised for the most part through his draw. You can't say the women Serena faced are terrible and then say the men Djokovic faced "tried harder". Serena and Djokovic are both just that good.

This is just proof that someone who is into philsophy is not necessary an intelligent person. The antiquated things that come out of his mouth are embarrassing. What about all the big matches in which he "goes away" mentally? Does that mean he should be paid less?

by Anonymousreply 10109/05/2012

Tipsarevic has always come off like a self-loathing closet case to me. That's gotta be even more pronounced with Djokovic, his countryman, better than him, hotter than him, and perhaps gayer than him (whether he fucks men or not, Nole is pretty gay).

by Anonymousreply 10209/05/2012

How is everyone doing on their bracket? Mine took a crap when Tsonga got knocked out early.

by Anonymousreply 10309/05/2012

LOL well if hottie Tsonga hadn't run into that fire hydrant in Toronto, he'd probably still be in the draw lol. This one is hot but doesn't seem too smart.

by Anonymousreply 10409/05/2012

Message to Clilic get Misery Guts Murray the fuck out.

by Anonymousreply 10509/05/2012

I want Roddick to lose just so the commentators will STFU about him. He hasn't really been a factor for a few years, so his retirement is not a huge loss to the game.

by Anonymousreply 10609/05/2012

Tipsarevic is becoming the Shia Lebeouf of the tennis circuit, quote wise. He needs to shut up and play.

by Anonymousreply 10709/05/2012

I loved the Roddick WILL be Davis Cup cap someday crapoola from Patty Mac. The ONLY reason Patty got that job -when Courier deserved it at the time - was that Johnny Mac insisted upon it. Remember Johnny Mac's what - week long stint? JM was po'd Sampras and Agassi tanked on him for the tie with Spain right after Wimbledon 2000. Agassi 'injured' his neck when his courtesty car stopped suddenly or some such b.s. It's the same garbage the Williams sisters used to use when they did not want to play Fed Cup. I still think Courier's 'marriage' to the Asian woman (who he never talks about, maybe she uh speakuh no English) was the final piece to fall into place so JC could captain now.

by Anonymousreply 10809/05/2012

r96, the only thing to understand about the USTA's scheduling is that it's all about the money. The fact that they spread the 1st round over 3 days is idiotic, but it's meant to spread the stars, both male & female, for matches on Ashe to generate "interest" in their Subscription Ticket Plans and pump up TV ratings. Then they force the male semifinalists to play back-to-back for their pathetic Super Saturday concept. CBS of course wouldn't have it any other way.

They absurdly trump themselves as the finest major when the other three do lots of things way better (scheduling, covered courts, etc.) Hopefully a future USTA president will have the balls to say enough is enough. They could either move the men's semis to Friday night & keep the Sunday final or maintain Super Saturday & go to a Monday night final (like Final Four hoops).

by Anonymousreply 10909/05/2012

rain OMG stop! lol

It's always fucking hurricane season during the USO

by Anonymousreply 11009/05/2012

Andy Roddick looks like Stifler from American Pie. Andy never seems to win the most important matches when it counts.

by Anonymousreply 11109/05/2012

r51, I didn't see Roddick/Fognini on Sunday as we only had Grounds Passes. We did snag sick seats in the 2nd row behind the far baseline in Grandstand for a Paes doubles match, the Del Potro 3rd rounder, as well as Steve Johnson/Gasquet. Got some amazing pics. The post-match ovation for Roddick in Ashe was loud, as we heard it very clearly even with Armstrong in between. We didn't quite have the stamina to stay for the Kvitova/Bartoli finale. By that time we were ready to walk around the grounds a bit. We ended up getting some Ben & Jerry's, which recharged us enough to sneak into the Sock/Oudin doubles match on Court 17 in time for the 2nd set tiebreak.

Overall another fab experience at the Open. Thankfully we got none of the rain plaguing things this week. Although some rain did delay the Sharapova match Sunday night enough to push that epic Isner 5-setter to 2:30 am. I talked to a couple on my flight home who were at that session & said they didn't get back to their hotel in Manhattan until 3:30 am. I much prefer the day sessions.

More rain delays today. I guess the storms are supposed to wrap up by mid-afternoon. Tomorrow & Friday look good, but more rain is forecast for Saturday & Sunday (30% & 40% chances respectively). A 5th consecutive Monday finish is looming. I recorded yesterday's day coverage and it was interesting to hear JMac talk about the original planning for Ashe back in the '80s. He said he wasn't alone in lobbying the then USTA President (forget his name) for a roof. It could have been in the 20,000 seat range with a roof for the same cost, but the guy was hellbent on the 23,700 capacity in a desire to blow away the other Grand Slams. What a moronic decision. Now the cost estimates for a roof are around $150 million (original Ashe pricetag was $250 million).

by Anonymousreply 11209/05/2012

You know I was rooting for Roddick for second there but the way Mac and the others have been drooling over him is nauseating. I am pulling for DelPo now. He was just about to really unleash his thunder on Roddick too. I am sick of Brooklyn Decker too. She ain't really all that. I think Ivanovic is hotter.

by Anonymousreply 11309/05/2012

[quote]They absurdly trump themselves as the finest major when the other three do lots of things way better

I know and I find the US Open to be the Walmart of the four majors. It's just eww.

[quote]Tipsarevic is pathetic.

He's always been vile.

[quote]It could have been in the 20,000 seat range with a roof for the same cost, but the guy was hellbent on the 23,700 capacity in a desire to blow away the other Grand Slams. What a moronic decision.

So true. What was the friggin point. That president must have had little man's complex.

by Anonymousreply 11409/05/2012

Christ I will watch the Woman's final with the sound down if it's Shriekapova and the Mourning Dove playing in the final. I really hope Bartoli can maintain. She was playing fiercely!

by Anonymousreply 11509/05/2012

The Harrison brothers' run in doubles just ended in the quarters. Hell of a run, though. I'll probably get called a pedo for this, but Christian (18, btw) is way cuter than Ryan. Ryan is way too Russell Crowe lovechild for my tastes. Should be interesting to see how Christian's singles game develops in the Challengers now that he's finally healthy.

by Anonymousreply 11609/05/2012

Can Marion actually do this? Sharapova might be going down, but not without a fight.

The Harrison bros just lost. It's funny to watch them play because they look so much alike on court and they move alike - their serves and the way they jump around is all similar. Not as much as the Bryan brothers, but close.

by Anonymousreply 11709/05/2012

r117, you & I are junkies. They're ripping me at work. They're like, "You just got back from the Open & now you're watching it online?!!" My response is, "Hey, I've got it on mute & I'm getting my work done!"

Maybe I have a problem.

by Anonymousreply 11809/05/2012

Is Fognini as cute in person? Damn fine from my seat!

by Anonymousreply 11909/05/2012

You don't have a problem R118 (I suppose unless your viewing is actually hindering your work), you are just a fan. I'm glad you had a good day at the open, and I'm jealous that you got to see the Steve Johnson/Richard Gasquet match in person.

I've got a question about the 'grounds pass.' Does that give a person access to every court except for Ashe? And to follow-up, is the seating at all of those courts (not Ashe) first-come first-served? So you could luck out and get front row seats to any of the matches? If that's the case, that's a sweet deal.

by Anonymousreply 12009/05/2012

r120, thanks! Yeah, the Johnson/Gasquet match was solid. Steve had that 1st set tiebreak at 4-0, then imploded to lose it 4-7. He is thick & muscular in the mold of Tsonga and will only get stronger. Super quick, deadly forehand. Gasquet abused his backhand, though. To be honest, I was really disappointed to miss Jack Sock on Grandstand by a day, but the lineup on Sunday was spectacular, including a doubles legend in Paes and a US Open Champion in Del Potro, which is incredibly rare on that court. I'm super bummed the USTA has future plans to tear it down. Easily the best court at the Open. I can do an online photo album if anyone is interested.

Yes, Grounds Passes gain you access to all courts save Ashe. Armstrong is reserved seating for Courtside & Loge (behind the baselines), although that still means the vast majority of seats are GA. The GA strategy there is Section 108 behind the near baseline. It fills up fast, though. Grandstand is 100% GA except for some roped-off sections behind the chair umpire for players' camps. Court 17 is also a really nice, new show court which opened last year (100% GA). Grounds Passes are really only advantageous the 1st week (through Labor Day Monday), as there's not a whole lot going on outside Ashe & Armstrong the 2nd week save juniors & doubles.

Yes, a sweet deal. I think Grounds Passes ran me $74 including all TicketBastard surcharges.

by Anonymousreply 12109/05/2012

Can Maria shriek any louder?

by Anonymousreply 12209/05/2012

You can get a front row seat in the grandstand, but not in Armstrong. Every year the Armstrong seat seem to be more and more limited to those who purchase them specifically.

by Anonymousreply 12309/05/2012

Poor Bartoli.

When is her idiotic father going to realize that coaching her to do all that shadowboxing - and not getting her into shape - is exhausting her. Every Slam she runs out of energy. And she starts making errors.

She seems so sweet in interviews and has so much talent, but the crowds and commentators laugh at her and pity her as much as they cheer her.

by Anonymousreply 12409/05/2012

Ugh, Shriekapova pulled it out. Can't stand her. Stan fought to get back on serve v. Nole & then gets broken in 10th game to drop 1st set. Sexist Janko about to close things out on Grandstand. Janko 1-2 career v. Ferrer. Should be a good match.

Why isn't there an online channel for Court 17? I want to watch Paes in the doubles quarters!

by Anonymousreply 12509/05/2012

I was impressed with Bartoli's effort. I don't think she ran out of gas, rather, she needs to mix up her game. Not one drop shot the whole match. That's how you have to play the big girl, you will lose on a baseline slugfest.

by Anonymousreply 12609/05/2012

Yeah, I love Bartoli but daddy-o is holding her back at this point. I don't think the shadow boxing would be an issue if Barti got in better shape. She would have won her match today if she hadn't tired out.

The only thing that US Open has done better than the other slams is having full post-match interview videos and transcripts. The other slams stopped doing so when tennis reporters complained.

by Anonymousreply 12709/05/2012

Mother Nature must be a Sharapova fan.

by Anonymousreply 12809/05/2012

Andy Roddick is doing a lot of dick adjustments today. It must just be a nervous tick for him because I doubt his little stubby moves around all the much under his compression shorts.

by Anonymousreply 12909/05/2012

Sharapova will probably have to play Steroid Williams again.

by Anonymousreply 13009/05/2012

R126, were you watching the match? She was way ahead of Sharapova on baseline winners. She was also exhausted. You could see her drop of energy. It happened to her last year at the Open as well.

She's a grown woman though and needs to say to let go of Daddy or fire him. She's been to one Slam final and nothing since then. It's not working.

And R130, all the crap about Williams being on steroids is just as bad as all the talk about her being a man, a felon, and EXACTLY the same crap as all the slurs on Obama as being an unAmerican Muslim. You're mentally ill.

I predict and hope for an Azarenka - Serena final.

by Anonymousreply 13109/05/2012

Cuntapova was truly saved by the rain. Bartoli had some moments today but she sure as hell wasn't as sharp as yesterday. I swear that bitch Cuntapova must have sold her soul to the devil. She has been INCREDIBLY lucky throughout her career at various times when it seemed like she was about to lose. I hope Azashrieka double bagels this bitch. As unlikeable as Azashrieka is, Cuntapova is just the worst ever.

Del Potro finally playing better. He shoulda won that first set though lol

Wawrinka the wife and daughter leaver retires...lmao he's such a pussy. I can't believe he got to the fourth round.

I love how Johnny Mac is trying to make up for all the bad things he used to say about Roddick's game and strategy by going overboard in the praise this week. Roddick has both McEnroe brothers kneeling before him and slobbering his disgusting redneck cock.

by Anonymousreply 13209/05/2012

Bullshit R131.

by Anonymousreply 13309/05/2012

Yes! Cilic took the first set off Murray.

So far Andy has muttered to himself and demonstrated some racket abuse, but hasn't faked any ailments.

by Anonymousreply 13409/05/2012

Can anyone explain why Sharapova is so popular? She's an attractive but not stunning, beautiful or gorgeous blonde with a cold and mostly bitchy or boring personality. She has no charisma and of course that super annoying shriek she does. Why does anyone cheer for her?

by Anonymousreply 13509/05/2012

She's tall, thin, pretty, blonde, rich, and accomplished. Basically she's what a lot of women wish they were.

by Anonymousreply 13609/05/2012

I agree R135 and the $$ she is raking in endorsements is incredible. I will give it to her, she is a really tough competitor mentally. She was in the right place at the right time, there were hardly any other top players that were attractive and she fit the bill. Tall Russian amazon, plus she has a good agent, and she speaks great English. She is basically American. When you look at someone like Ivanovic, who is simply stunning, you wonder why not her? I know she has had a really uneven career but shit the girl is gorgeous and sweet and has won 1 major.

by Anonymousreply 13709/05/2012

I think Tom Rinaldi (who annoys me to no end and I wish they'd just keep him doing golf tournaments) just copped a feel on Roddick's ass when he started his interview.

One Andy down, one more to go.

by Anonymousreply 13809/05/2012

Look everybody! Sharapova's muscles are contracting while she's hitting the ball! According to the idiot at R131 she's on steroids! She is pretty flat-chested.

by Anonymousreply 13909/05/2012

I haven't read the entire thread so forgive me if this has been mentioned earlier.

Has anyone noticed how Serena waves to the crowd after a win? WTF? She acts like she's on a float at parade or doing some kind of aerobic arm exercise. Seriously. Please somebody tell me they've seen this. I get the impression that Serena is going through some challenging times mentally.

by Anonymousreply 14009/05/2012

R137, Ivanovic is a real beauty, much more beautiful than Sharapova. But she isn't blonde.

by Anonymousreply 14109/05/2012

lol, r138. Yeah, not a big fan of either. Andy #2 in serious trouble on Armstrong. What a conundrum. I thought winning the Gold would propel him. Bizarre.

r136 & r137 nailed it. You can't underestimate the tall, blonde, perfect English factors. Ivanovic is way prettier but is missing 2 of those 3.

by Anonymousreply 14209/05/2012

Who knew that sweet Kimmy Clijsters was on steroids this whole time? Just look at this picture!

by Anonymousreply 14309/05/2012

but there are far more attractive women out there, there are young women who have just as much money, fame and success...and there are plenty who aren't fucking bitches.

by Anonymousreply 14409/05/2012

Can't wait for Serena vs. Ivanovic. Finally 2 women I like.

good fucking riddance to Roddick. I won't miss the hype, but I'll miss top players kicking his bitch ass.

lmao @ Murray. Go Cilic but damn I wanna shave that unibrow.

by Anonymousreply 14509/05/2012

Maria's arms don't look like this -

by Anonymousreply 14609/05/2012

The interesting thing is Sharapova is not that famous in the US. Only American tennis fans know her. Anyone who doesn't follow tennis in the US would likely not know her by name, and even Kournikova is more famous here. In Europe, Asia and South America, however, Sharapova is very famous and possibly more so than Serena which I find crazy. I think her lack of personality holds her back in the US, but the rest of the world doesn't care cuz they're obsessed with blondes, even if there are plenty of other more beautiful girls out there.

by Anonymousreply 14709/05/2012

Let's see R146, maybe because Maria and Serena are two different people and Serena naturally has more muscle than Maria.

Anyway, Delpo is one of my guys so I always root for him, but I have to be honest, I felt bad for Roddick. I've never been a Roddick fan but I really did feel bad for him today. At the same time, I was happy to see Delpo play so well. He's in much better form and it's great to see.

by Anonymousreply 14809/05/2012

Pippa in da house!

She's kind of cute, but unfortunately nowhere near as beautiful as her sister.

by Anonymousreply 14909/05/2012

Whatever happened to the Mirka troll? Is she in the other thread? I thought she'd have a special message for Brooklyn today. And where is Pammy?

by Anonymousreply 15009/05/2012

But yet Venus Williams arms look like this -

by Anonymousreply 15109/05/2012

Sharapova won Wimbledon at just the right time and had just the right look to make it as a brand, people were still obsessed with Kournikova and she fitted into that stereotype perfectly. I don't think she's great looking either and she's incredibly fake. However she's very well marketed and has been for years.

by Anonymousreply 15209/05/2012

R151, this is my last message to you because you clearly aren't very bright and you aren't here to talk about the game, you're just a troll. I know it isn't obvious to you but you posted a picture of Serena while she's hitting the ball and her muscles are contracting. You then posted a picture of Venus while she's in the ready position and her muscles are not contracting. Big difference.

But I'm sure it isn't clear to you. Read a book on human anatomy. You'll discover that some people naturally have more muscle than others. Also, Venus and Serena are two different people and they have very different body types. You are the reason that higher education should be free in this country. Anyway, troll on.

by Anonymousreply 15309/05/2012

They were looking for the next Anna Kournikova and Sharapova fit the bill.But men don't seem to respond to Sharapova the way they did Kournikova.

by Anonymousreply 15409/05/2012

When they showed Roddick's mama, before the caption telling us who she is, I honestly thought, "why are they showing up this tranny, over and over."

Seriously, is his mom going through with the operation?

by Anonymousreply 15509/05/2012

Adios Andy Roddick. Sometimes brilliant, often petulant and prickly, never quite lived up to the initial hype. Don't let the door hit your big butt on the way out.

by Anonymousreply 15609/05/2012

Sorry to see Roddick go. As I listened to the announcers go on and on, it made me feel bad for the many players whose countries do not have a grand slam tournament...Becker, Edberg..and some day fairly soon Nadal, Djokovic and Federer.

by Anonymousreply 15709/05/2012

I hope Berdych can make this good.

by Anonymousreply 15809/05/2012

r157 - Nadal & Federer are 2 of the biggest names ever in men's tennis. I think they'll both get major send-offs if they wish. It's players like Safin who get shafted, though a drawn-out, sappy exit was probably not his style anyway.

r155 - Roddick's mom is remarkably homely but I hate to say it as she seems very quiet & dignified. Although both of his parents looked like they were at their son's funeral today. Lighten up, folks. It's only tennis.

by Anonymousreply 15909/05/2012

fucking Cilic you choker! He did look cute today at least. HOW THE FUCK could he lose a 5-1 lead in the second set? idiot. Lucky Murray wins again.

Berdych winning the first set? surprised. Federer will win in 4 though. book it.

Serena should double bagel Errani and then either of the scream queens in the final. Based on form so far, it would be a joke if Serena didn't win her 15th major at this USO.

by Anonymousreply 16009/05/2012

"Don't let the door hit your big butt on the way out."

Roddick has a big butt?

by Anonymousreply 16109/05/2012

I hate that misogynistic and homophobic Tipsarevic but he is nice to look at. Tomorrow we'll see a battle of sexy legs when he takes on smooth skinned Ferrer. Ferrer has one of the best complexions for a tennis player who is near 30.

Djokovic vs. Del Potro may or may not be good, depending on which Del Potro shows up...

Thank goodness dumbass Chris Fowler is off to do college football commentary now. He is such a fool and knows nothing of tennis, despite his long tenure covering it at espn.

Mary Jo Fernandez is such a MILF!!!

by Anonymousreply 16209/05/2012

I find Bill McAtee incredibly hot too for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 16309/05/2012

[quote]Roddick's mom is remarkably homely but I hate to say it as she seems very quiet & dignified

I like tennis parents I never see. With most of these parents, you get the feeling they're living through and off their children. Wozniacki, Tomic, Young, Bartoli - all need to grow up and cut the cord.

It's funny that you never used to see Federer's parents when he was young and now they're at every single match.

by Anonymousreply 16409/05/2012

I expect Berdych to continue like this for another 10-15 minutes and then to start choking it away.

by Anonymousreply 16509/05/2012

If Berdych hadn't been a good tennis player as a kid, he might have been recruited by one of those Czech gay porn studios to film some scenes.

I could see him playing a border guard that asks to see your papers when you want to drive into a neighboring country. And when you aren't able to produce them, he takes you into the little shack they always have at border crossings and tells you that you'll have to service him if you want to continue your journey.

by Anonymousreply 16609/05/2012

Yes, (R119), he's very cute in person. But a bit precious.

by Anonymousreply 16709/05/2012

r160 Serena will most like cut a line judge, and be banned for life.

by Anonymousreply 16809/05/2012

[quote]r160 fucking Cilic you choker! HOW THE FUCK could he lose a 5-1 lead in the second set? idiot.

That's nothing.

by Anonymousreply 16909/05/2012

Finally we have a good upset tonight. I'd been hoping for some different ones earlier in the day, but I'll take Berdych knocking out Federer too.

by Anonymousreply 17009/05/2012

Um, does everyone know that the evening session tomorrow starts with an exhibition doubles match featuring J-Mac & Adam Sandler vs. Jim Courier & Kevin James? What's that about? Can either Sandler or James run?

But stick around after that nonsense for the really good stuff - Delpo vs. Djoker.

by Anonymousreply 17109/05/2012

[quote] I recorded yesterday's day coverage and it was interesting to hear JMac talk about the original planning for Ashe back in the '80s. He said he wasn't alone in lobbying the then USTA President (forget his name) for a roof. It could have been in the 20,000 seat range with a roof for the same cost, but the guy was hellbent on the 23,700 capacity in a desire to blow away the other Grand Slams. What a moronic decision. Now the cost estimates for a roof are around $150 million (original Ashe pricetag was $250 million).

Well, maybe. Sometimes when I listen to McEnroe (either brother - take your pick) they'll be telling some story and I find myself thinking they're making this shit up on the spot. I got the same impression reading PMac's book. But in this case, I wouldn't doubt that the USTA pres wanted an additional 3000-4000 seats.

by Anonymousreply 17209/06/2012

thank FUCKING goodness there's FINALLY an upset on the men's side! After Cilic fucked up (he should henceforth be called Chokelic), I'm glad Berdych delivered! How many of you were with me in thinking he would lose in 5 after he dropped the third set? lol I was thinking it was the Australian open all over again.

Berdych held his nerve though. I hope he gets to final. Fuck Murray and that famewhore bitch Pipa Middleton who keeps going to every match of his hoping to get air time.

I'd love a Berdych Del Potro final even though I KNOW it's gonna be Djokovic Murray...zzz...

by Anonymousreply 17309/06/2012

THICK UNCUT HAIRY SERBIAN COCK RULES

by Anonymousreply 17409/06/2012

Some of you might remember last year about this point in the tournament there were quite a few backed up matches because of rain - that hurricane that was kind of a bust was only part of the problem.

Roddick was in fine form that week throwing tantrums on court several times during the tournament. He was pissed about starting matches when it was clearly still drizzling and they'd have to quit shortly. There was also the incident when they started his match on Armstrong (I think), but there was the spot on the court behind the baseline where water kept bubbling to the surface. Granted, his concerns each of those times were valid. But his delivery is like that of a spoiled teenager and not a professional with an influential name in the sport. But I digress on that point.

Anyway, I bring it up because ESPN used the downtime to have group discussions about two things:

- the growing movement to have a player union (which was a very interesting and insightful exchange precipitated by Nadal/Murray/Roddick marching into the tournament director's office in a united front to express their concerns about the scheduling)

- and the reason why USTA didn't include a roof in the planning of Ashe.

The consensus among all of the ESPN commentators seemed to be that there was a certain level of arrogance in the planning because they wanted that dreadful Ashe to be the largest tennis stadium in the world and all other concerns (like a roof) be damned. So J-Mac might have been among the voices that pointed out how having a roof might be a better consideration than having an upper deck of seating (which is so far away from the court that I wonder if folks can even see the balls), but I'm sure those voices of reason were drowned out by the money-guys driving home the point that they could make more money by having more seats.

....whoa, apologies for the long post....

by Anonymousreply 17509/06/2012

It was stupid not to include a roof...now it will never be built because of the crazy cost...

I doubt the ATP bois will really boycott the 2013 AO. All the sponsors would be pissed and we know the women aren't boycotting it.

by Anonymousreply 17609/06/2012

They ought to just stop attending the Grand Slams and organize their own tournaments as substitutes.

by Anonymousreply 17709/06/2012

[quote]now it will never be built because of the crazy cost...

I thought the roof couldn't be built on Ashe because the foundation couldn't support the weight (Ashe sits on a landfill)? Could they do it if they removed the top tier of seating?

by Anonymousreply 17809/06/2012

Biggest and ugliest of the Grand Slam venues. It's a giant blob of concrete with no aesthetic value whatsover.

by Anonymousreply 17909/06/2012

R174 whose are you talking about? Of the guys I've seen I'd want to try Troicki's. He looks dumb as fuck aka the stereotypical jock but he's hot. I like his face and body. He looks like a big boy. I like Djokovic too but I want him to gain 15 lbs of muscle-he's lean but a bit too lean now. Tipsarevic is hot looking but his beliefs make my penis invert.

by Anonymousreply 18009/06/2012

R153, it's not trolling to suggest Serena's on steroids. I've worked out a lot with weights and I know how hard it is to build muscle. Of course it's even harder for a girl to build muscle. This is Serena when she's not juicing -

by Anonymousreply 18109/06/2012

What is the word on Tipsarevic? Apparently a total asshole? What has he said/done? I don't know much about him but I'm kind of drooling over this thick hunk of Serbian man.

by Anonymousreply 18209/06/2012

Here's a recent quote in the NYT from Gordon Smith of the USTA regarding a roof:

Putting a roof on Ashe basically means putting a building on top of a building, so, Smith said, the USTA planned to remove the concrete from the upper deck in Ashe and replace the stands there with lighter material, while only losing “within a few hundred” seats. Officials would then put a roof made of lightweight materials on top. The idea is the total weight would remain the same.

“We cannot tell you when that will be,” Smith said. “We cannot tell you how much that will cost, although it will be in the nine figures. We’re working constantly. We are getting close.”

With the planned $500 million renovations to the other show courts (demolition of current Grandstand, expansion of Armstrong from 10,000 to 15,000, and construction of new Grandstand behind Ashe seating 8,000), a roof is probably a decade away. I think the USTA's assumption is that by then there will be new technology in terms of lighter building materials.

The link is an artist's rendering of the proposed new Grandstand. Not surprisingly, it looks like a larger cookie cutter version of Court 17. Gone will be the intimacy, noise & shade of the current Grandstand. The USTA's ultimate goal is to be able to sell an extra 100,000 tickets for the 2 weeks. Considering a conservation average ticket price of $75, that's an extra $7.5 million a year. It's all about the money, which we all knew to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 18309/06/2012

Sorry, meant conservative average (maybe conservation was a Freudian slip to conserve the current Grandstand).

Paes/Stepanek got a huge break earlier when Marc Lopez had to retire due to a calf injury. Seemed like the Spainards had the momentum heading to the 1st set tiebreak. Stepanek was playing pretty poorly. Now they get a spot in the finals against the winner of the Bryan brothers match currently on Armstrong.

Lopez/Granollers had been named as the doubles team for next week's Davis Cup tie vs. the US. Now that's obviously in limbo.

by Anonymousreply 18409/06/2012

R181, it's more like Serena during the off season when she's not training. And even from that picture it's easy to see that Serena has a strong build. You're an idiot and you know nothing about tennis. And you clearly know nothing about the kind of drug testing these players endure. You're just the typical gay man who hates her because she's black and most likely because she's a woman but you aren't bold enough to just say that. And you're exactly why I believe the poll results in the "If you were straight" thread are completely true.

You're just like a birther/Repug. They make up all these lies and reasons for hating Obama when they really hate him for being black and are just too cowardly to say it. You come to this thread and never talk about the game because you can't, you don't know anything about the game. If you did, you know that the core of her power (and any tennis player's power) comes from her legs, not her arms. Tennis players do not want or need bulky arms, which is why so very few have pronounced muscle on their arms, legs are a different story. Strong legs, core, shoulders, and back along with good flexibility and timing are what top players need. Like the other poster said take a human anatomy class before trying to pass yourself off as some kind of expert on muscle growth. Because you clearly don't have a clue.

You're such an expert but you don't even know anything about muscle contraction. You're such an expert but you don't even know that it would be impossible to have breast like Serena's and be a steroid abuser. And somehow you think that everyone on earth has the same amount of muscle and grow muscle at the same rate and same way. Some expert. I'll just do what everyone else is doing ( the people who actually know something about the game and who can discuss the game) and just ignore your trolling. But if I were you I'd take your concerns to the ITF, WTA, WADA, and USADA since you appear to know when Serena is abusing steroids better than they do.

by Anonymousreply 18509/06/2012

I'm glad Berdych delivered too, R173. But I'm expecting a let down against Murray. With Berdych there is always a let down. He can blow anybody off the court but lacks consistency. I hope this is a new Berdych. I hope he really takes it to Murray. But I'm prepared to be let down.

by Anonymousreply 18609/06/2012

[quote]You're just the typical gay man who hates her because she's black and most likely because she's a woman but you aren't bold enough to just say that.

You lose credibility when you resort to bigotry yourself. I roll my eyes at people who insist any athlete with muscles is using "steroids" too, but you're not going to win that argument. Some people will always believe that players they don't like are cheating when they succeed.

Now why don't you go sort out your own prejudices? It's pathetic to come on a gay board and then turn homophobic when you don't get your way.

by Anonymousreply 18709/06/2012

She's got implants dumbass. I know enough about mmuscle building to know she wouldn't just deflate in the off season and then turn into the she hulk a few months after going back into training. As far as drug testing it's a joke. You never hear of anyone high profile testing positive.

by Anonymousreply 18809/06/2012

Look at Mauresmo and Serena shaking hands. Guess who's more butch?

by Anonymousreply 18909/06/2012

R187 Maybe because there is so much racism and misogyny on this gay board. And you can find the same level or racism and misogyny in the gay world. Would you like me to start posting examples of this kind of discrimination? Because I can do that. Maybe instead of denying and crying homophobia when someone points it out you should address it and do something about it. It's not going away and this community will continue to be divided based on race and gender because people like you cry homophobia when someone address the issue.And that's why the gay movement lacks credibility.

by Anonymousreply 19009/06/2012

Believing Serena is on roids is not racist. I believe Armstrong and Clemens took steroids.

by Anonymousreply 19109/06/2012

r190 - You make broad generalizations based on message board comments? You're just looking to back up your own prejudices. You're tiresome. Quit engaging with the Serena troll who is obviously baiting you and quit trolling gay boards. What you really want to do is put gays in their place by implying that perhaps gays don't deserve equal rights if you can find evidence that the "community" contains assholes. Guess what? Every community does.

r182 - Get over it. He's not that hot, and he's disgusting. Besides his recent comments, here's a sampling of some past gems:

[quote]"Agassi was my idol, but he really dissapointed me when he married Steffi." Asked to comment on Kournikova: "She isn't all that beautiful, it's just the other female players are just so ugly. I've never seen at least pretty tennis player, except Sabatini."

[quote]"I know there are some homosexual male players, but I try not to have any contact with them. And as for women, I know Mauresmo is a pervert."

by Anonymousreply 19209/06/2012

R192, by gay you obviously mean white men because you can't be talking about women and gays of color. And trust me, I don't have to come here to find racism and misogyny in the gay community. It's imbedded in mainstream gay culture. No what I want "gays" to do is clean up their own backyard. How can you ask for equal rights when your community reflects 1950s America? How can you demand equal rights when you deny people in your own community equal rights? That's why the movement lacks credibility. And that's why I know that the "If I were straight" poll results are accurate. I don't want to have this discussion in this thread ( or this board).

Let's get back to tennis. It's a set all between Tipsy and Ferrer. I think Ferrer will dig this one out he's a pull dog.

by Anonymousreply 19309/06/2012

I meant bulldog, but pull dog sounds interesting.

by Anonymousreply 19409/06/2012

Yea I just read those comments what a neanderfuck he sounds like. Still..page down.

by Anonymousreply 19509/06/2012

R181 whatever else you are, your refusal to let this drop and your ridiculous reasoning prove you're irrational.

If you think you can't put on muscle without steroids, you know SHIT. The kind of muscle she has is easily gained by protein supplements - not illegal, not drugs.

Most of the women in Serena's family are large, like many African-American women, which gives her the body type for it.

Not only has never tested positive for steroids, she bears none of the signs that, say, Stosur does, about whom you say nothing.

Get your lazy irrational ass to a gym and stop opining from your irrational obsession with Serena.

You are a troll if there ever was one.

by Anonymousreply 19609/06/2012

r193 - I take it you're not gay. Perhaps your own civil rights should be eliminated. There's a lot of sexism and racism imbedded in the straight "community" you know. Naturally, all people with the same sexual preference share all the same prejudices.

r195 - Yeah, he looks good there. And his tennis can be fun to watch in streaks. But it bugs that he doesn't get called out on his remarks much at all. And that he fronts as this deep-thinking philosopher while bragging about discriminating against gay players and basically saying women are worthless beyond their looks. He deserves to look like Ivan Ljubicic.

The bits that I've seen of his match with Ferrer have been entertaining. Looks like it will go to 5 sets. Ferrer is always blown off as just a scrambler, but he's pulling off some sweet shot-making too. Hard to believe he's 4 months older that retiree Roddick.

by Anonymousreply 19709/06/2012

Man, is David Ferrer the fittest guy in tennis? Heading into the 5th set & he looks fresh as a daisy. Janko fading.

by Anonymousreply 19809/06/2012

I am starting to love David Ferrer. He is amazing, never realized how dogged he is. Kind of reminds me of Nadal that way. Cute too.

by Anonymousreply 19909/06/2012

R196, you're the only one who has behaved like an irrational bully. I'm entitled to my opinion. For the record, I've thrown some weights around and I know how hard it is to gain muscle naturally, with protein powder or not. The inflated muscularity of her arms does not look natural to me. Don't forget the panic room incident either.

by Anonymousreply 20009/06/2012

Anyone else got the hots for Leander Paes? He doesn't have the best body but it's good enough and he has a very handsome face and flawless skin. He's in love with himself and has a huge ego which is a turn off, but just from a physical point of view I want him inside me now.

Ferrer also has great skin, is handsome and I like his hair. I hate his grunt but I hope he can finish off the misogynistic and homophobic Tipsarevic.

SO not looking forward to that stupid celeb match at 7. Cut that shit out and get to the real match of the day which is Djokovic vs. Del Potro. If the celeb match goes past 8 I'll be fucking pissed.

by Anonymousreply 20109/06/2012

I think the court must be gay or female. Tipsy just took the most brutal tip and fall. I've never seen a player go down that hard on a hard court.

by Anonymousreply 20209/06/2012

R196, the poster and R181 is a painfully uneducated troll. He doesn't understand that muscle, bone, and body density vary. He thinks word-class, elite athletes have bodies just like his.

R197, I'm very gay, peaches.

Ferrer is always a tough out. He gets overlooked a lot by fans, but the guy is tough. He is a top player. I mean he's number 5 in the world!

by Anonymousreply 20309/06/2012

You may not agree with me R203, but it's hardly trollish to speculate whether Serena has juiced or not. Recent history should have taught us that competitive sports are saturated with steroids and other performance enhancers. I don't think it's out of bounds to ask why Venus has a body that looks feminine and Serena looks like she plays running back for the NY Giants.

by Anonymousreply 20409/06/2012

Tipsy and his gamesmanship. Such BS.

by Anonymousreply 20509/06/2012

I mean that was so freaking blatant! What a loser.

by Anonymousreply 20609/06/2012

Yes on top of his outdated views, Tipsarevic displays gamesmanship and sometimes he mentally checks out of matches. Check out his loss at the AO-I think it was last year, to Verdasco. After Verdasco came back, it didn't look like Tipsarevic was even trying anymore. He's a total joke but I like to top him and make him my cum dumpster for a day.

by Anonymousreply 20709/06/2012

Can we please drop the steroid meme and talk about tennis. Thanks you and good night.

by Anonymousreply 20809/06/2012

Tipsy practically sashays when he walks. And he has that shy-faun look of many a young twink.

by Anonymousreply 20909/06/2012

YAS! Ferrer tops Tiparevic in a painful long almost 5 hour session.

by Anonymousreply 21009/06/2012

Damn, I am loving Ferrer. 5'9" and as tenacious as a terrier! He's inspiring. Hate fucking Tipsy. Buh bye, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 21109/06/2012

Delpo gave his all, but Novak was just too good. If it took so long for Ferrer to put away Gasquet & Tipsarevic, does he have any chance vs. Novak?

by Anonymousreply 21409/07/2012

Ferrer has a decent head to head against Nole and he beat him soundly as recently as last year (Nole won their last two meetings). But based on what I saw from Nole yesterday against Delpo, I wouldn't bet against him. Add to that Ferrer has never beaten Nole at a slam. I would love to see Ferrer win, though.

by Anonymousreply 21509/07/2012

I love Del Potro!

by Anonymousreply 21609/07/2012

Ferrer beat Djokovic in Nov, 2011 when Joker was injured, but still playing. The word 'soundly' is accurate, but I do not expect the same thing tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 21709/07/2012

Inadvertently I watched the first set of the the Sharapova/Azarenka match on mute. Although that match was fantastic hitting on both sides of the net, it was slightly less enjoyable when I finally turned the volume up. Even with that constant auditory annoyance, it was a great display of play from players of equivalent levels.

The Errani/Serena match on the other hand was difficult to enjoy - beatdowns usually are. Serena didn't even need to play her top notch offensive game in order to easily outmatch Errani. Sara played cleanly though (only 9 unforced), but 6 winners for the match isn't going to hurt anyone in the Top 10.

When they showed Roberta Vinci in the stands rooting for Sara and referred to her as her best friend, I had a flashback to when I was a kid and didn't know much about who might be gay on the tour. I remember when Natasha Zvereva would be playing a singles match and her doubles partner Gigi Fernandez would always be in the stands - the commentators would refer to Gigi as her 'good friend.' Like I said, I was a naive kid, but I always felt like they were saying, without really saying, that they were girlfriends.

Now we don't get anything even close to that - the commentators are as complicit in keeping that athletes closeted as anyone who works for them. In fact I'm pretty sure that on the air today Mary Jo Fernandez directly implied that the LMFAO dude was dating Sam Stosur before he started hanging with Vika this week. I guess she might have been making a joke, but I'm not so sure.

When Rennae Stubbs started working behind the microphone, I thought maybe she'd make a difference because I always thought she was a 'no bullshit' kinda chick. At least when she was a player I got the feeling that she didn't like other players hiding who they really are. I'm sure she's in a tough spot though because she knows where all the bodies are buried, but has to play 'the game' a little bit now because of her job.

Anyway...

by Anonymousreply 21809/08/2012

We're just good friends R218. Really really good friends who will shower together after a doubles win, as good friends do.

by Anonymousreply 21909/08/2012

I was glad to see Azarinka win. She doesn't seem like such an entitled bitch like Shriekapova does. She even did a little jig at the end.

Mary Carillo was going off on the "noises" saying that it is keeping people away from the matches and affecting ticket sales. She also went off on the USTA for not enforcing rules. The guys were pretty much silent.

by Anonymousreply 22009/08/2012

Shut the Russian cunt up, I will no longer be attending nor watching tennis

by Anonymousreply 22109/08/2012

Jesus, what a shriekfest yesterday in the first semi. It sounded like Halloween. Vika is likeable, but I feel the need to hit mute. Serena is generally pretty quiet except when she unloads on an easy forehand winner. Not sure who I'll cheer for tonight.

Wow, it sure is windy on Ashe right now for the Murray/Berdych match. I'd like to see Berdych pull this one out.

by Anonymousreply 22209/08/2012

Just announced that Women's Final has been postponed until Sunday due to ominous forecast. Supposed to be 78 & sunny tomorrow. Vika gets an extra day of rest after the tough 3-setter. Don't think it will matter much, though. Serena seems to be on a mission.

Class move by Murray allowing the point to be replayed after his hat blew off, especially after the chair umpire had declared deuce. But then he audibly bitched about it after losing the game, just when I want to like him.

by Anonymousreply 22309/08/2012

I'm pulling for Berdych too, but I'd be OK with a Murray win. I'm conflicted when it comes to windy conditions during a match. Apart of me thinks that it's the nature of the game and players have to find a way to win in spite of the wind. But at the same time I want to see a good match and windy conditions often prevent that from happening. So I'm conflicted. Berdych has flatter shots and should be able to hit through the wind a bit better.

by Anonymousreply 22509/08/2012

Are you guys seeing this? Such BS! They cancel the match when Ferrer was about to serve for the first set. Why couldn't they put both matches on at the same time? Another Monday finish.

by Anonymousreply 22609/08/2012

Who's lucker? Sharapova or Djokovic?

I can't believe they didn't try to get both matches in. They're just going to have to move the men's final to Monday permanently.

by Anonymousreply 22709/08/2012

It was a dumb move not to put both matches on when they were fully aware of what the weather would be like. They really should just move the final to Monday. This is getting ridiculous. And they couldn't just let Ferrer attempt to serve it out and then cancel the match? BS!

by Anonymousreply 22809/08/2012

Berdych grabbed Murray's tit after he lost. That was hot.

by Anonymousreply 22909/08/2012

Well grabbed is too harsh a word. They came up to the net, shook hands, and then Berdych took his open right hand and gently cupped Murray's left breast in an overtly sexual way, leaving it there for a second or two.

by Anonymousreply 23009/08/2012

"Berdych grabbed Murray's tit"

Why would anyone grab tits? Bizarre behavior.

by Anonymousreply 23109/08/2012

The people who schedule the matches are fucking morons.

Such a shame for David. Joker will be less irritated and steamroll him tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 23209/08/2012

They didn't schedule the matches at the same time because they wanted to deliver on the promise of Super Saturday, which is two semis. The Open is all about the revenue, which consistently leads to bad decisions.

by Anonymousreply 23309/08/2012

From the first day, the scheduling of this tournament has been a joke. The women have enough beefs with the 11am no one wants to see them starts, and then tv comes on at noon or one when the first match is over. This joke today - uh, tennis is supposed to be played in outdoor conditions and rain delays happen, wind happens. What b.s.

Serena has to be happy, wind is an equalizer and even though she hits harder consistently than Vika, she could have lost to her today.

Don't get the Andy Murray hate. He is beyond talented and held it together today. Berdych looked like a Gaelic monster.

by Anonymousreply 23409/08/2012

Berdych is uncut and carries about 9 when hard as he was today in the locker room-pre match blow job

by Anonymousreply 23509/08/2012

Shut the Russian cunt up, I will no longer be attending nor watching tennis

Well, you know all about Russian cunt Martina, as you've been eating and fucking one for the past several years, nyet?

by Anonymousreply 23609/08/2012

Let's not forget that at the French Open final Djokovic was on fire against Nadal...won about 10 games in row from Nadal when the match was stopped because of rain and scheduled for the next day. Nadal rolled easily to win on Monday. (Nadal did win the last game before the match was suspended.)

I found Nadal's constant complaints as annoying as Joker's today. But, it is hard to argue that the playing conditions were not awful in Paris and today in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 23709/08/2012

What a difference a day makes.

The wind severely screwed with Berdych's game and took away any chance he had of the (mild) upset. And it looks like it might have done the same for Djoker if not for the suspension of play.

It would have been nice to see Ferrer's consistent hard work rewarded by getting him to the final. But I'm glad that Novak made it through for one reason. He's more likely to ensure that Murray's streak of not winning a GS title continues, and that's my favorite streak in the sport.

by Anonymousreply 23809/09/2012

Murray's winning tomorrow, R238, just as sure as Serena is winning today.

by Anonymousreply 23909/09/2012

We will see R239. Azarenka has been tenacious in taking out Stosur and Sharapova, and she has a slam now.

And Djokovic was on fire today.

Whatever happens, the matches should be good.

by Anonymousreply 24009/09/2012

This overzealous patriotism that -- to my recollection -- took root at the Open after 9/11, is so jarring. All the flags on the court at the opening night and before the finals...the rendition of "God Bless America" with military color guard on court then ritualistically unfurling the flag as jets fly over...it's out of sync with a tennis tournament. And one for a global sport, at that.

Needs to be toned down.

(Shit, as I was writing this the military jets flew over my part of Manhattan, no doubt eavesdropping on my communications...)

by Anonymousreply 24109/09/2012

Yes, we will see. But with each passing minute, I'm more and more certain of Andy's victory.

by Anonymousreply 24209/09/2012

Murray will win at least two Slams in his career. This may be the first one.

by Anonymousreply 24309/09/2012

I wouldn't be surprised to see Andy win tomorrow. He has a good record against Nole overall and this year. Either way I hope it will be a good one.

by Anonymousreply 24409/09/2012

J-Cap looked like a Miami street-walker at the coin toss.

by Anonymousreply 24509/09/2012

I saw most of the Joker/Ferrer match and Nole looked unbeatable.

by Anonymousreply 24609/09/2012

I'm glad they showed clips of some of Serena's 'Greatest Hits' on this court in the past couple of years, and I'm not talking about hits with her racket. But I wish they hadn't edited out the best parts like the threat to the line judge.

But my favorite is...

"If you ever see me walking down the hall, look the other way cause you're out of control. You're out of control. You're totally out of control...you're a hater and you're just unattractive...inside."

"Who would do such a thing? And I never complain. Wow. What a loser."

"Give me a code violation because I express who I am - we're in America last time I checked. Can I get a water or am I gonna get violated for a water? Really, don't even look at me, I promise you, don't look at me because I am not the one."

"Don't look my way."

by Anonymousreply 24709/09/2012

Why, without fail, does evey female tennis player (and I have noticed it more with the women btw) say in press interviews before every match, "I'm going out there and have nothing to lose." Whether they're #1 or #100, they have nothing to lose. Right. Is this what they are programmed to say by their expensive sports psychologists to psych out their opponents or make their weak selves feel better? It's just so annoyingly disingenuous. You could lose, umm, your present ranking, earnings, fan respect and loyalty, sponsorships, etc. It's just bs to keep insisting there's nothing to lose. For once, I'd like one of these ladies be honest and say, "I'm fucked if I lose this match!" I am the one with nothing to lose by just watching these silly ninnies play, not them.

by Anonymousreply 24809/09/2012

Yeah R246, he looked pretty unbeatable against Delpo too. That was insane. But I don't want to count Murray out. I just hope it is highly competitive.

by Anonymousreply 24909/09/2012

Serena will be going cunt nuts very soon

by Anonymousreply 25009/09/2012

R247, why not post a list of some quotes from McEnroe, Connors, Roddick, Agassi ... and on and on.

She's choking right now, proving she's human.

by Anonymousreply 25109/09/2012

R251, just ignore the racist Serena troll. He never adds anything of substance to the tennis thread.

by Anonymousreply 25209/09/2012

Because none of those you've listed are on court right now R251, so it wouldn't really be timely or relevant to use any of them.

Also, none of their blow-ups are my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 25309/09/2012

Is the guy from LMFAO fucking Victoria?

More importantly, did his dad (Berry Gordy Jr) fuck Monica Seles when she lived with him?

by Anonymousreply 25409/09/2012

Right, R247, the last part is the more relevant.

The blow up you quoted was not good for anyone, especially Serena, but it's harmless compared to what's come before and since.

And that's why the history is relevant.

The fact that it's one of your favorites says a lot about you.

by Anonymousreply 25509/09/2012

Wow1! Serena is flat right now. She's about to (possibly) lose to someone she's beaten like 9 times in a row!

by Anonymousreply 25609/09/2012

Sadly, I think it's over for Victoria.

by Anonymousreply 25709/09/2012

R252, if you are talking about me at R247, you are mistaken. It's possibly an understandable error, but I'm not one of the posters that keeps spouting off the crap about Serena in these threads. In fact, I post quite a bit and I don't think I've mentioned her much before, if at all. And I stay away from the threads that go back and forth about her - those seem involve discussion but at least (but possible more) unbalanced individuals.

However I am one that likes for players who act the fool to be called out on it. I'm generally as critical of Roddick throwing fits on court as I am of Serena or any other player.

And actually I do think that some of my comments demonstrate that I follow the sport well, but or course you are welcome to your differing opinion.

by Anonymousreply 25809/09/2012

ANOTHER #1 ranked woman loses. WHAT A FUCKING JOKE!

by Anonymousreply 25909/09/2012

What do you mean? The match is still under way and it's tight.

by Anonymousreply 26009/09/2012

Serena is playing too poorly to win.

by Anonymousreply 26109/09/2012

Right, R258, except that was over a year ago, and you can't let it go. I wonder why.

She was called out for it, paid a fine for it, has been embarrassed by it.

This one is in the past just like all those others were in the past. Roddick was on court just this tournament, McEnroe is commentating and present as we type.

But it's THIS one you say is your favorite.

You're transparent.

by Anonymousreply 26209/09/2012

I said above Serena could lose this.

Serena is not the same as she was before the blowups and surgeries.

She wants to win so badly that if she thinks too much now, she chokes. That rarely happened in the past.

Now, if she's not crushing an opponent, she can't seem to handle it and falls apart. A little push back from a sick Radwanska nearly cost her Wimbledon. Her serve completely fell apart. This is an emotional collapse.

by Anonymousreply 26309/09/2012

Serena will win.

by Anonymousreply 26409/09/2012

From your lips, R264! YES!

That, ladies and gentlemen, is a champ. Never down until it's over. Fight back til the end.

15 Grand Slams. Fan-fucking-tastic.

by Anonymousreply 26509/09/2012

BORING!!!!! TOLD YOU!!!!!! ANOTHER #1 WHO CAN'T PULL THROUGH!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 26609/09/2012

I think it was a very good women's match. Serena was pretty subpar after the first but Azarenka played very well and made it very interesting. Very nice women's match. I think the men's match is going to be pretty great too. Well, I hope so.

by Anonymousreply 26709/09/2012

Oh it was a good match and I really like Serena but for fuck sake revise the fucking ranking system. The womens side is a joke!

by Anonymousreply 26809/09/2012

Serena's arms look really huge.

by Anonymousreply 26909/09/2012

Go Serena!!!

by Anonymousreply 27009/09/2012

I don't think they'll ever change the women's ranking system. It's terrible and everyone knows it but I don't see them changing it anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 27109/09/2012

yay Serena pulled it out! She played like shit for a set and a half but reeled in her game just when she was about to lose. True champions can win on days when their game goes off.

Azarenka played ok but except for a few good shots here and there, did nothing special.

I'm pissed Berdych and Ferrer fucked up. Djokovic vs. Murray is gonna be a boring suck fest. WE REALLY NEED SOME NEW MEN TO break through at the slams next year.

by Anonymousreply 27209/09/2012

Will CBS or ESPN be carrying the men's final tomorrow? I must have missed them saying.

by Anonymousreply 27309/09/2012

R268 surely you know the rankings are for the tour all year, not the Slams.

Serena has clearly been #1 since mid-June. About four months. Before that she had some big clay court wins but a crappy year.

If she keeps this up through the Aussie Open and plays more than the slams, she'll be #1 for the year.

by Anonymousreply 27409/09/2012

Great match, it will be Vika's next year. It was good to see Serena being gracious to Vika. This screaming of C'Mon all the girls do now? Who and when started this?

It's annoying.

by Anonymousreply 27509/09/2012

If Serena plays a bit in the fall she could be #1. She needs to win Beijing or Tokyo and the YEC and of course have Sharapova and Azarenka lose earlier in those events.

CBS tomorrow @ 4 EST will be the men's final.

by Anonymousreply 27609/09/2012

Wow, that was a great game today! I thought that Serena was going to lose, but she came back and won. Congratulations to her

by Anonymousreply 27709/09/2012

OMFG HE'S FUCKING HOT!

by Anonymousreply 27809/09/2012

btw whoever that Asian guy is in Azarenka's box, he's HOT! Nice face, body and skin. dayum. He looks like her trainer or physio.

by Anonymousreply 27909/09/2012

r272 - Djoker & Murray are not favourites of mine, but do you seriously think Ferrer & Berdych would put on a more entertaining match? I like Ferrer and all, but he's not really a GS winning sort of dude.

Of the two, I prefer Murray, so I guess I'll pull for him.

by Anonymousreply 28009/09/2012

Janko is looking eerily like his Balkans tennis superstar forerunner, Goran Ivanišević

by Anonymousreply 28109/09/2012

Serena has Wimbeldon and the US Open. How can she not be ranked No. 1 in the world?

by Anonymousreply 28209/09/2012

R282; Serena does not play much outside of the Slams. She shows up when she feels like it

by Anonymousreply 28309/09/2012

Nobody pays attention to the women's rankings.

by Anonymousreply 28409/09/2012

Wow! Serena Williams is amazing! Wimbledon, Olympic Gold and now the US Open! Did they replay tape of today's foot fault call to show if Serena actually had a foot fault? In 2009, after the foot fault was called, it later proved to be that she didn't make a foot fault after all. Still, she's an amazing Champion Tennis Player!

by Anonymousreply 28509/09/2012

I'm glad ESPN2 was able to cover the remainder of the Ferrer/Djokovic match. I like their coverage better than CBS. Plus their US Open music is way better. ESPN2 had a great two hour Sportscenter special tonight from the Open. I'm still very disappointed Roddick trumped Kim Clijsters. I suppose he has a right to retire when he wants, but Kim deserved the full limelight, and she was heavily overshadowed.

Here's hoping for an epic 5-setter on Monday afternoon!

by Anonymousreply 28609/09/2012

I loved Azarenka's deadpan "You're hilarious" to the referee.

by Anonymousreply 28709/09/2012

Luuuuuuuuuuuuv Goran r281! HUGE PENIS! YUM!

by Anonymousreply 28809/09/2012

And Ivanisevic loves women & gays about as much as Tipsarevic.

by Anonymousreply 28909/09/2012

Balkans uncut thick cocks YUMMY

by Anonymousreply 29009/09/2012

R288 Goran Ivanisevic is very sexist and homophobic. He may be hot but he's a jerk. He deserves to be raped in prison.

R291 really? Can we ever mention Serena without racist remarks and allegations of doping coming up?

I'm glad Serena won. Fuck her haters.

by Anonymousreply 29209/10/2012

Here's the link to the "death stare" piece:

by Anonymousreply 29409/10/2012

I love how the AP at least is evenhanded, saying BOTH women had problems with calls and ends the piece emphasizing how Azarenka's barbs at the line judge were "drenched in sarcasm."

by Anonymousreply 29509/10/2012

Serena, I mean, R296? You got lucky and won quite your bitchin. Your cheerleaders are no great shakes either.

by Anonymousreply 29709/10/2012

[quote]In 2009, after the foot fault was called, it later proved to be that she didn't make a foot fault after all.

Not true at all. The video, like the old replays, was inconclusive. It was purely a judgment call - it's not like they have shot spot to call foot faults.

by Anonymousreply 29809/10/2012

If you think that Serena "Jehovah Witness" Williams loves the gays anymore than Janko, guess again.

by Anonymousreply 29909/10/2012

Exactly, r299!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 30109/10/2012

30 pics of celebs at the US Open...some looking haggard.

Kevin Spacey behind Tony Danza

by Anonymousreply 30309/10/2012

John Legend looking mighty fine, r303.

by Anonymousreply 30409/10/2012

r302, like 299 and 301 you are talking out your ass. You have no idea what they really think. Celebrities talk the talk all the time.

by Anonymousreply 30509/10/2012

John Legend does it for me too.

by Anonymousreply 30609/10/2012

R305, so your big insight is you can't judge anyone by what they say or do because anyone could secretly think something else?

By that impeccable logic, you don't know whether I know them do you? Or whether I am one of the players.... So you can't really say I'm talking out of my ass.

Or you're just an ass.

I say when I hear Venus say "I love you, Bille Jean" and stand with her and hug her that's at least a LITTLE evidence to me that she's probably not a homophobe, whereas when Janko has gone on record as saying he tries to stay away from gay people, he means it.

Give me evidence to the contrary and we can have an argument, but there's no evidence that the Williams sister is a homophone, and Janko secretly loves gay people.

by Anonymousreply 30709/10/2012

You can go on blabbing with your long diatribe r307 but the reality is unless you know them personally you really don't know who they are and what they really believe. That goes for any celebrity.

I love queens like you who are sooooo delusional with their celebrity fangurl obsessions. Does Madonna talk to you too, dear?

by Anonymousreply 30809/10/2012

r285 is a LIAR. The replay shows she foot faulted, and is a felon.

by Anonymousreply 30909/10/2012

Are you insane r302? You said, "national polling now has black support for same-sex marriage at record highs."

So, 3% of blacks support us? It continually amazes me of how racist people like you are.

by Anonymousreply 31009/10/2012

Djokovic has on nice compact butt!

by Anonymousreply 31109/10/2012

That set was epic!

by Anonymousreply 31209/10/2012

Where are you getting this 3%? The polling after Obama's endorsement showed that a MAJORITY of African-Americans support same-sex marriage.

And you need to learn the definition of racist. Your lying shows it's you who's the racist moron.

by Anonymousreply 31309/10/2012

P.S. to R302.

Apart from my last post, check out Keith Boykin's breakdown of stats on African-American support for gay people. It's the opposite of what you claim.

by Anonymousreply 31409/10/2012

Let me redirect that last post to our resident racist at R310 -- one of many, clearly.

by Anonymousreply 31509/10/2012

R308, how did you end up living so bloody long being so stupid?

I said according to YOUR logic I might as well be one of them or talking to them since YOU claim nothing or anything anyone says could be true. I didn't say I was them. Are you really that fucking slow?

The comparison that has been made is the Williams sisters, who have publicly supported gay people, to Tipsarevic, who is openly homophobic. Those are the only facts we have, but you want to keep stirring shit up by claiming the Williams are celebrities and might be lying.

You're one fucking nutjob.

by Anonymousreply 31609/10/2012

HATING this wind. It has totally ruined the quality of play. The guys are doing the best they can but it sucks with that damn wind.

by Anonymousreply 31709/10/2012

Links to all the gay love and supports from the William sisters please!

While you're at it throw in links of the gay hate from that Serb dude.

by Anonymousreply 31809/10/2012

Why does Andy Murray keep adjusting his penis? You can see it hanging there. Is he not wearing a supporter?

by Anonymousreply 31909/10/2012

Damn Djokovic has a tight bod. That is my ideal with maybe a tad more muscle but the guy is tight! Perfect physique for tennis.

by Anonymousreply 32009/10/2012

Dear unhinged r316, that was my only reply in this entire thread, sweetie. There are others posting here.

Now take your meds and get some sleep, hon.

Fucking nutjob who? Sheeeeesh!

by Anonymousreply 32109/10/2012

I wish there moderators here sometimes. This spamming of racist and misogynistic trash talk is so unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 32209/10/2012

Completely agree, R322.

I hope this match goes 5. It's a good one.

by Anonymousreply 32309/10/2012

oh I am r318 too.

by Anonymousreply 32409/10/2012

Will Andy Murray choke AGAIN?

by Anonymousreply 32509/10/2012

I have to say the first two sets of this match are why I prefer women's tennis right now. I just don't have a day and a half to devote to watching one match. Novak is at least starting to come to net a little more often.

Hot as Novak is, I still want Andy to pull it out just so I don't have to keep hearing about him never having won one.

by Anonymousreply 32609/10/2012

I'm a big fan of @McEnroeTweets

[quote]@McEnroeTweets: You get the sense that this is a final. For both these guys.

[quote]@McEnroeTweets: Murray looked to be the fresher of the two here until Djokovic looked to be the fresher of the two. Let's be honest.

[quote]@McEnroeTweets: Kevin Spacey looks dazed out there at the moment. Sean Connery looks to be the fresher of the two that's for sure.

He's not as great a commentator as many seem to think and whoever is doing this parody account has definitely picked up on it.

by Anonymousreply 32709/10/2012

Well, the good news for Murray is that he's in all of Nole's service games. The bad news is that Nole isn't going away and he's confident now. This is a great match. Oh and I love Nole's body too and I agree that he has the perfect body and height for tennis.

by Anonymousreply 32809/10/2012

Sorry, I love JMac.

by Anonymousreply 32909/10/2012

Well, I guess I didn't really need to mention height since the top 4 are all around the same height. So it's kind of obvious that he is the ideal height for tennis.

by Anonymousreply 33009/10/2012

Djokovich truly has a magnificent body. He's like a classic Greek status, but with a more muscular, meaty ass. Breathtaking example of male pulchritude.

by Anonymousreply 33109/10/2012

what is it with Murray's mom? she seems like one of those miserable old woman characters from Dickens

by Anonymousreply 33209/10/2012

status = statue

by Anonymousreply 33309/10/2012

Oh damn. A 5 setter! Will there be tears?

by Anonymousreply 33409/10/2012

That butt is palm sized, and tight. Lucky the man who sleeps with Djokovic tonight, any night.

by Anonymousreply 33509/10/2012

Murray is such a choker.

by Anonymousreply 33609/10/2012

C'mon Andy!

by Anonymousreply 33709/10/2012

Murray's defense is sick. He's putting so much pressure on Nole's serve.

by Anonymousreply 33809/10/2012

Hopefully Murray won't choke away the break.

by Anonymousreply 33909/10/2012

I know, R338. He's in all of his service games which is pretty amazing considering Nole's form right now.

by Anonymousreply 34009/10/2012

NOVAK you did such a great job getting back to 2 sets all, and now to blow it?

by Anonymousreply 34109/10/2012

Wish I was the trainer rubbing the cramp out of Novak's thigh.

by Anonymousreply 34209/10/2012

Thank. God.

by Anonymousreply 34309/10/2012

Finally. I knew he had a chance and I knew it would be hard. I'm happy for him. Great match!

by Anonymousreply 34409/10/2012

Should we be happy that Murray won?

by Anonymousreply 34509/10/2012

Yes, r345, very happy.

by Anonymousreply 34609/10/2012

Does Andy have a large penis?

by Anonymousreply 34709/10/2012

Im happy for the Brits. And no im not one lol. And of course congrats to Andy - well deserved win. Thought he gonna choke.

Novak though looks particulary yummy tonight.

by Anonymousreply 34809/10/2012

I would bet my life that Murray's dick is HUGE.

by Anonymousreply 34909/10/2012

Love Andy - he's so Brit Pop. Snarky, sarcastic and his own brand of charisma. I think he'll be hard to keep down now and I see him winning Melbourne. I think Fed and Nadal are going to take backseats to Novak and Andy from this point on. Still don't see anyone breaking in outside the top four. Someone get Jack Sock the right coaching and he could be the one - eventually.

What a GREAT US Open. Those finals were the best in ages.

by Anonymousreply 35009/10/2012

yes R347, its 8.5 inches, 6.5 diameter

by Anonymousreply 35109/10/2012

R350 WTF are you on ? lol. Murray has NO charisma and his personality ranges from boring to just annoying. His lack of good looks doesn't help either.

As for Djokovic, his legs are very hot, but I wish he would add 10 lbs of muscle to his upper body. Up top he's lean but a bit too thin for my liking.

I wish they would speed the fucking courts up. The guys at the top are such great athletes and defenders that the points go on forever.

by Anonymousreply 35209/10/2012

Told ya.

Murray got a big confidence boost at the Olympics and Djokovic is mentally and physically nowhere near his form of last year.

I am glad that Murray won. Finally someone breaks though the top three.

by Anonymousreply 35309/10/2012

[quote]I wish they would speed the fucking courts up. The guys at the top are such great athletes and defenders that the points go on forever.

You're insane. Long rallies are where the suspense and excitement comes in tennis.

by Anonymousreply 35409/10/2012

If the women are getting equal money, why aren't they made to play 5 sets? At least the semis and finals should be best of 5.

by Anonymousreply 35509/10/2012

THICK UNCUT HAIRY SERBIAN COCK YUMMY

by Anonymousreply 35609/10/2012

I'm glad Andy won. I didn't want to see him tear up after yet another Grand Slam loss. He seemed to really hold his emotions in check in that 5th set. Too bad Nole's legs cramped up late; I seriously doubt it was a groin strain. Looked like the tell-tale signs of cramping.

Yeah, after somewhat of a snooze-fest the first week, a tremendous pair of Finals. The Ferrer-Tipsarevic quarter was also epic.

by Anonymousreply 35709/10/2012

Glad he finally won, more for myself so I don't have to keep hearing about him carrying the weight of the UK.

by Anonymousreply 35809/10/2012

It's good to have a mix of long and short points. I don't want every damn point to be a marathon. If the top guys hit a great shot, it shouldn't come back. Right now, defense is the biggest weapon in men's tennis. The top 4 are such great movers but except for Federer, they don't have the best putaway shots. I enjoy seeing big hitters win every now and then too.

by Anonymousreply 35909/10/2012

Now when is our Andy going to win won too?

by Anonymousreply 36009/10/2012

It's called having an opinion R361. Some of tonight's points were impressive but we need more guys who have the firepower to end points.

by Anonymousreply 36209/10/2012

Who has the bigger dick? Murray or Djokovic?

by Anonymousreply 36309/10/2012

I assume Djokovic. Murray looks average.

by Anonymousreply 36409/10/2012

Rewatching the Women's Final replay on Tennis Channel. Who is the cute blonde dude with the grey Nike tennis t-shirt sitting in Serena's box? Part of training team?

by Anonymousreply 36809/10/2012

R259, you don't think Rafa and Nole have great "putaway" shots??? Are you joking? Nole paints the lines more than any other player I've seen except maybe Agassi. And Rafa has every shot in the book. Both are amazing defenders, true, but both play offensive as well as some of the best players of all time. Hell, Rafa IS one the best players of all time! And Nole will be in a few years.

I will give you that Murray is more of a backstop. But that's why he just got his first.

And you can't really count the lack of closing points out quickly for this final. The wind was unbelievably bad, and, if you've ever played tennis in the wind, there is nothing worse.

by Anonymousreply 36909/11/2012

Nole is much better than Rafa PERIOD

by Anonymousreply 37009/11/2012

Was pulling for Nole, but Andy deserved a slam and it too talented not to have a few at least under his belt. Joker played a good match but was too passive in the final set, maybe he was expecting Murray to wilt away? Surprising change in momentum there...I expect them to split the next several hard court slams unless maybe DelPo can get back over the hump soon.

by Anonymousreply 37109/11/2012

R370, I'm a Nole fan, but he isn't there yet. 5 Slams to 11 makes not even a debate as of now.

My Top 10 of all time:

1. Federer

2. Laver

3. Sampras

4. Rafa

5. Borg

6. Connors

7. Agassi

8. McEnroe

9. Llendl

10. Toss up: Becker, Edberg, Wilander, Nole.

by Anonymousreply 37209/11/2012

r369, yeah playing tennis in the wind SUCKS. Same with volleyball, golf, & snowboarding. Wind can even ruin a glassy lake ideal for wakeboarding. The only sportsmen who like the wind are sailors & kiteboarders.

I give Murray props. He had to handle a full semi in worse conditions than today. Nole only had to handle less than a set before his postponement.

by Anonymousreply 37309/11/2012

The wind is the only way Murray was winning this final lmao. He handled it better than Djokovic because Djokovic goes for more. Murray is content to get the ball in play except when the opening is obvious, and that works in the wind. I hope Murray is a 1 slam wonder. He's a great player but surely not an all-time great.

by Anonymousreply 37409/11/2012

R363, I don't know about Murray but there are dozens of shots online of Novak showing off his bulge. He isn't shy at all.

by Anonymousreply 37509/11/2012

Anyone who knows more about the technical aspects of tennis care to explain what happened in that final set? Novak rallied for two sets in a row and then completely fell apart within ten minutes. Did he tire out? Injury really affected him? Everyone talks about the wind, but I'm not sure how he could go from dominating sets 3 and 4 to falling apart so quickly.

by Anonymousreply 37609/11/2012

It looked like the super fit Djokovic was starting to cramp! I was shocked. This is the same guy who made NADAL tired in the AO final which was longer than this and in hotter weather too. Djokovic stopped moving as well in the 5th set. Something happened after the 4th set when they took a bathroom break. Since he stopped moving so well, Murray had more of an advantage during points and thus won.

by Anonymousreply 37709/11/2012

It also looked like Novak lost his serve on that final set. I was hoping he'd win and it makes it worse that the last set didn't even feel like tennis.

Do any of the insiders here have any gossip on Djokovic in general?

by Anonymousreply 37809/11/2012

He cramped out

by Anonymousreply 37909/11/2012

r376, sometimes when you go up 2 quick sets in a best of 5, you might begin to play much more conservatively/defensively, especially in less than ideal weather conditions. In other words, your mind doesn't let you continue doing what got you to that point. Add in the self doubt that Murray likely felt never having won a major after 4 previous chances in a final, and you've got a perfect recipe for a letdown in sets 3-4. Then all of a sudden the 5th set is upon you, and it's do or die. You can't play conservative/defensive tennis anymore hoping your opponent will make the mistake. You've got to get aggressive again and take more chances. You've also got to go back to giving maximum effort on every point. Murray's concentration sharpened, and you could tell by his body language he was fired up & totally into it again.

On the other side, Nole used a ton of mental & physical energy to square the match. Sometimes you just hit a wall after such a monumental comeback. It also looked like his legs were cramping badly at the end. If you've never experienced severe leg cramping, it can be brutal...

by Anonymousreply 38009/11/2012

Andy had about as subdued a reaction to winning as I can ever remember seeing any champion have. And that can't just be because of his disposition since he's expressed joy before when winning some of his Master's trophies. He seemed dazed and confused - and that must have set in before the match was even over. In that last game he lined up to serve on the wrong side of the court for one point.

They question him about it in his post match press conference and the person asking says he's behaving as if he lost the match. He jokes that maybe Lendl is rubbing off on him, and his team.

It was nice that the CBS coverage stayed with the tournament long enough to see Andy and Danny share their very tender embrace in the hallway before he went in the pressroom.

by Anonymousreply 38109/11/2012

R276, it's the nature of the mental aspect of the game. Tennis is the biggest mind fuck ever. So much of it is willing yourself to win, especially at the elite level. That's why guys with more talent, let's say Agassi, didn't start winning (up to his talent level anyway) until he "mentally" grew up. He let things get to him, as do most players, even the greatest players, like Agassi.

Nole is incredibly mentally tough, but even he, and especially in these frustrating, frustrating condition, and against a human backstop (Murray) let's things get to him. You tense up on your shots. You over think. And remember, he played against a very good player (though not even near as good as Nole) who also played a part in the outcome.

by Anonymousreply 38209/11/2012

R378 Djokovic's serve did go, but that was because of his leg cramping. If your leg is cramping or injured, your serve will most definitely be affected and will lose speed.

by Anonymousreply 38309/11/2012

Thanks for the explanations, folks. So does anyone know anything about "Nole's" life off the court? I know his parents are said to be crazy, but is he a nice guy? Asshole? Does he cheat on that girlfriend who is always in the stands?

by Anonymousreply 38409/11/2012

Although it's quite an achievement to with 5 hour match it's also too long of a match! Many points were shit and really not that entertaining!

I went back and forth to see who was winning but there was no way I could sit through every minute of that. Play b/3 or only have one serve and make the 5th set a tie break.

by Anonymousreply 38509/11/2012

I only watched the first set and then I went to bed (UK). I was not impressed with what I saw, lots of unforced errors, double faults and just both players hitting the ball back and forth to each other. It was not a pretty sight.

Both Murray and Nole are good players but they are not world stars. There was less interest and excitment about this final than there has been about previous finals when say you have Federer and Nadal.

by Anonymousreply 38709/11/2012

Nole is physically the best player ever, but it seems clear he was not that mobile today.

by Anonymousreply 38809/11/2012

Again, the wind was absolutely insane. Borg would have been baffled playing. Same with Laver, Fed, Pete, Andre, whoever. They both managed to play incredibly well considering.

I think Nole wins in 4 sets with normal conditions. And the points go a helluva lot faster. And about two-thirds less unforced errors. And Nole is NOT physically the best player ever. That distinction is Rafa's. Nole is gaining, but he isn't there yet.

by Anonymousreply 38909/11/2012

The end of this match was so strange.

I don't think Murray seemed super happy when he won his gold medal, either.

He's an odd one.

by Anonymousreply 39109/11/2012

What R385 and R387 said!

Taliban member at R390 they're not too weak to play b/5 and their matches wouldn't be anymore of a "mugfest" than the horrible 5 hour final, David Ferrer matches and just about every 5 set match that is played.

Male players should play b/3.

by Anonymousreply 39209/11/2012

Nole had to work very hard in almost all of his service games just to hold serve so the fatigue and cramping wasn't surprising.

by Anonymousreply 39309/11/2012

I didn't think Brits could look anymore miserable than he did last night, then I remembered he's also Scottish.

He looked more constipated than celebratory.

by Anonymousreply 39409/11/2012

Well, after the tears at Wimby I thought he would be elated to win his first slam. But it seemed like just another day to him. It was odd, but Murray's a little dry. He admits that he's boring and doesn't have an interesting personality. Maybe he was in shock. But he was expressive after winning the gold medal.

by Anonymousreply 39509/11/2012

Then they shouldn't be paid equal money, R390. I mean, all you hear is how equal women are to men. I think they'd just have to get their lazy asses into shape and it would be fine. I'm sure Serena and someone like Clijsters in her prime could go 5 rounds. Steffi Graf could have, as could Martina. Some of the women players look positively out of shape because they can be and still win.

If the women's final was the best of women's tennis, then women's tennis sucks.

by Anonymousreply 39609/11/2012

"Nole had to work very hard in almost all of his service games just to hold serve so the fatigue and cramping wasn't surprising."

True from the middle of the 4th set. Nole was lucky to win that 4th set. By the 5th set, it was obvious his legs were done. Glad Murray won. But in better condition, Nole almost certainly would have won the 1st set.

by Anonymousreply 39709/11/2012

Enough of men versus women.

Gossip about Nole and his big uncut Serbian cock please.

by Anonymousreply 39809/11/2012

What about Jack Sock's big, cut, American cock?

by Anonymousreply 40009/11/2012

R400, Jack Sock looks 12.

by Anonymousreply 40109/11/2012

How do you pronounce Nole? Like Mole?

by Anonymousreply 40209/11/2012

No-Lay, R402

by Anonymousreply 40309/11/2012

NO-lay.

by Anonymousreply 40409/11/2012

The talking heads/analysts always said that Murray's challenge was that as the No. 4 player, he'd never win a slam if he had to get through 2 of the Top 3 to do it.

Well good for him taking advantage of the opening he was presented with. He only had to take out one of them, and he did it.

by Anonymousreply 40609/11/2012

r401: turns 20 later this month, 6'1", 180 -> quite legal & all man.

by Anonymousreply 40709/11/2012

I'm not saying he's not of legal age. I'm saying that he looks underaged to me. He has nothing on this.

by Anonymousreply 40809/11/2012

Nole is hot but has tiny nips

by Anonymousreply 40909/11/2012

With the $500,000 bonus for reaching the finals after his superb hard-court play this summer, Nole ends up with almost $1.5 million, about half a million less than Murray.

by Anonymousreply 41009/11/2012

Yeah, r410, but it's the US Open title he coveted. Like golf, the top guys, especially the Big 4, make way more money in endorsements than prize money. Another Grand Slam title would have meant way more cash in the long run than the $500K bonus. Hardly anyone remembers Grand Slam runners-up a decade later, except maybe those in all-time epic matches (i.e. Roddick losing to Federer at Wimbledon in '09). At this point in his career, Nole is after GS & Masters 1000 titles to build his endorsement resume & his legacy in the sport.

by Anonymousreply 41109/11/2012

Has Serena even been sexually tested? I am sure she is tested for steroids, though one of her flubby sisters likely pees for her. But has the WTA actually checked to see what is in those panties?

by Anonymousreply 41209/12/2012

Nole Pole:

by Anonymousreply 41309/12/2012

I agree that a $500K bonus is petty cash to Djokovic at this point. But, he has a large support team, and the $500,000 is a symbol of the gap between the top top 4 players and everyone else in mens tennis in terms of ability to hire.

Of course, Nole would have wanted to win his 6th grand slam far more that receive the bonus (for all the reason R411 mentioned).

He still has a good chance to finish the year at number 1, because from here to the end of the year, Nole has very few point to protect. Fed was amazing last year after the Open, so he has many point to protect. I understand that winning a Slam is more important than being number 1, but it still is an important goal for Nole.

by Anonymousreply 41409/12/2012

Serena has a big black cock

by Anonymousreply 41509/12/2012

R414, Nole will probably finish at #1 because he's been quite consistent this year. He's been making it to the semifinals or finals almost all of the time but can't finish the job like he did in 2011.

Does anyone think this year's Novak is the real Novak and 2011 was a fluke or is it the other way around?

by Anonymousreply 41609/12/2012

Enough with the Nole. Unless you're friends with him, just say Novak.

by Anonymousreply 41709/12/2012

He's asked his fans to call him that many times. It's not a Datalounge thing.

by Anonymousreply 41809/12/2012

No R416, even though NOLE is not my favorite, I do believe he is at the top of his game and the best in tennis now. If the conditions were right he would've beat Murray on Monday.

by Anonymousreply 41909/12/2012

Anyone have a link to Serena's cock?

by Anonymousreply 42009/12/2012

r416, this year was probably more representative. Winning a major is a very successful year, especially in the current era of the Big 4. Last year was one of the greatest years by a men's player in the history of the game. Many of the top commentators have said that a year like that takes a massive toll on you mentally & physically. You could tell he just wasn't as sharp this year, especially mentally.

Like r414 stated, he doesn't have nearly as many points to defend in the 4th quarter as Fed. That gives him a lot of flexibility with his schedule. He can play less and get re-charged for next year, beginning with Melbourne. A lot of pundits are naming Murray the early favorite, but it's got to be Novak. He's going to come in fresh & hungry, wanting to prove that perhaps the windy conditions in NYC prevented a double GS year.

by Anonymousreply 42209/12/2012

Another big retirement announcement - Juan Carlos Ferrero is finally going to call it a career next month.

It took me a long time to warm up to the Mosquito, but I definitely consider myself a fan and have been excited to see him perform fairly (injuries considered) well over the past year.

Who will be the next big name to hang the racket up? Tommy Haas would have been my guess, but he's had a fantastic summer after coming back from his latest injury break. Lleyton?

by Anonymousreply 42309/12/2012

At 1:05 Novak talking about French kissing with his French driver. The driver asks, "with me?" while Novak replies "no you're not my type, I like girls more" all while massaging the driver's shoulders.

by Anonymousreply 42409/12/2012

We need some new guys to emerge at the slams. I'm so fucking sick of the top 4. Murray will be a 1 slam wonder unless Nadal stays injured, Federer continues his decline and it's windy when he faces Djokovic. Murray is 1 of the most uncharismatic and unlikeable players next to Sharapova.

by Anonymousreply 42609/13/2012

Nole's hole is really big as Serbian's have huge thick cocks

by Anonymousreply 42709/13/2012

r423 - Lleyton & Roger are the only 2 left from the 8 players featured in the docu "Facing Federer" about the 2004 YEC. Actually, that's exactly what I would have predicted at the time too. (The field was: Federer, Roddick, Hewitt, Safin (miss him), Moya, Coria (shame his career was so short), Henman & Gaudio.)

by Anonymousreply 42809/13/2012

Andy @ r427 - now that you're retired, it's time you learned when to use an apostrophe.

by Anonymousreply 42909/13/2012

R423, going back just a couple of years farther than the Facing Federer doc, do you remember the first iteration of the ATP's "New Balls Please" ad campaign?

The guys from 2001 - what I think was the first year they ran it (it's surprisingly hard to find these online now) were the following:

Guga Kuerten

Lleyton Hewitt

Jan-Michael Gambill

Tommy Haas

Juan Carlos Ferrero

Nicolas Lapentti

Mariano Zabaleta

Roger Federer

Marat Safin

Andy Roddick

Mark Phillippoussis

Magnus Norman

Of that group I never would have thought that Roddick would have had one of the longest-lived careers. I really thought he would just be a flash in the pan when he burst on the scene and the media pushed him on us.

by Anonymousreply 43009/13/2012

Roddick's serve technique had many people convinced that he would eventually suffer a career ending shoulder/elbow/wrist injury. However, the shoulder held up pretty well. It never failed him. But his game did and that's what finally ended his career. He did the best that he could do with what he had.

by Anonymousreply 43109/13/2012

r430 - I do remember that campaign! Ha, oopsie on Zabaleta, Norman, Lapentti & Gambill. Yeah, Roddick really handled the pressure and delivered a respectable career. Never would have called that one either.

by Anonymousreply 43209/13/2012

Roddick was just lucky his back and shoulder never gave out. He, along with Federer was one of the luckiest players ever in terms of not getting seriously injured/sick. That's why it's hilarious he retired at 30 saying injuries were piling up lmao. It's only been the last 2 years that Roddick has had several minor problems. He never had anything requiring surgery or a long leave of absence from the game. It's like the minute he started having anything wrong with him he gave up and considered himself old.

by Anonymousreply 43309/13/2012

Healing from injuries is probably more difficult when an athlete is 30. Plus, I bet the hunger to win is not that strong, and the motivation to go through rehabilitation and back to game is harder to maintain at that age. Del Potro, for example, will bounce back, but he has a lot more to prove.

by Anonymousreply 43409/13/2012

Andy Murray will be than a one slam wonder. I expect him to dominate men's tennis for a few years. He has figured out Fed and Djoko and Nadal from the point could only beat him on clay. Andy has too much game, the best groundstrokes and now the right mental attitude.

Djoko never recovered from the efforts of the Aussie Open. Fed slid right in for Wimby, wisely playing enough tourneys and winning big ones quietly. Rafa shot his wad on clay and for whatever real reason, he is not going to play the rest of this season. Something is up with that.

by Anonymousreply 43509/13/2012

I think that Nadal will be the next surprise retirement.

by Anonymousreply 43609/13/2012

Murray to dominate? LMAO. His forehand still breaks down. He almost lost twice at this year's USO (to Cilic and Lopez). The wind was what allowed him to beat Djokovic. No way does Murray dominate.

by Anonymousreply 43709/13/2012

R436, I wonder if the speculation that Nadal is breaking down due to steroid use is true. His camp has been oddly quiet about his disappearance from the game.

R437, I think almost everyone would agree that Djokovic would have beat Murray if not for the wind. The better question is why the wind affects Djokovic's game to the degree it does. He seems so affected by it while his opponents are not.

by Anonymousreply 43809/13/2012

I would LOVE to eat Andy Roddick's asshole. Those are some PLUMP cookies.

by Anonymousreply 43909/13/2012

I could see Murray winning another slam or two just because Nadal might be done and Fed is in his twilight. And, he can beat Nole, though he isn't in Nole's class in terms of talent and game.

I think you need at least 6 slams to be considered an all time great. That way, wind, injury, a weaker field, or whatever can't explain your championships. All of the greatest players of all time have had at least 6. Murray isn't getting close to that number.

by Anonymousreply 44009/13/2012

r438 - Oh good grief. Breaking down from steroids? WTF does that even mean? Never mind.

And Berdych was undone by the wind as well in his match with Murray. Some players just aren't good in the wind.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nadal did have a sudden retirement though. I can't see him continuing to play if he's not in contention for slams.

by Anonymousreply 44109/13/2012

Murray is basically a vulture. He only won this slam and will win other slams if the field is depleted, there is a lot of wind, or everyone else is slumping/playing like shit.

Sharapova is done winning her slams. She managed to get lucky 1 time at each of the 4 slams but it won't happen again. I don't care if she has a career grand slam-in no way is she an all-time great.

by Anonymousreply 44209/13/2012

I actually like Sharapova, but I totally agree with you R442. She has benefited from Serena's ups and downs, Clijsters and Henin retiring way before they should, and a lack of talent otherwise to deal with. She's a second tier player who hasn't really had to deal with the normal first tier players as often as others.

I mean, can you imagine if Capriati, Davenport, or Hingis played now? They'd all have eight or nine Slams now easy.

by Anonymousreply 44309/13/2012

Also Venus' decline in health and form helped too. Peak Venus would obliterate Sharapova worse than those Wimbledon beatdowns. Sharapova is a great player, no question but in no way is she in the same league as Serena, Venus, Henin or Clijsters. All 4 of them should have dominated the last 10 years the way we've seen the current top 4 in the ATP dominate for the last 5 years.

Now with Azarenka around, Sharapova has another player who can dismiss her continuously. I expect her 2013 to be a major letdown and will be surprised if she reaches more than 1 slam semifinal.

by Anonymousreply 44409/13/2012

So how does Serena keep the testicular cancer covered up? I must know.

by Anonymousreply 44609/13/2012

I agree that six slams is the benchmark (Becker only won six), so it matters. Djokovic is only one away.

by Anonymousreply 44709/14/2012

You guys are crazy about Murray. He is going to be more than a one slam wonder. He followed up Olympic Gold with the US Open. That's two majors in a row. He peaked and performed. Fed is not going to win anything else, he's done and Rafa may get a few more French Opens but that's it. It's Murray and Djoko to battle slams for the next two or three years. I don't know who the next star to challenge them is going to be. Certainly NONE of the current top 100 Americans. Ryan Harrison is a choker; he has talent but can't get over the finish line. Donald Young has no weapons. Brian Baker looks to the only one with potential but he's 27. John Isner??? Too stupid.

by Anonymousreply 44809/14/2012

Actually, Isner has tailored his huge serve and big forehand to win matches while conserving as much energy as possible. He plays smart matches, not seeming to put much into trying to break his opponents serve except for one or two games during a set, and if he does manage to do so, the set is usually a wrap because his serve is so dominant. The problem with Isner is that his long legs don't have the endurance to last for a best of five match like at the slams. Sure he's had the longest match ever, but he lost second round the last two Wimbledon tourneys. He's a grand slam underachiever. I think he is going to have to improve his net play and find ways to break his opponents more consistently to be a grand slam threat.

by Anonymousreply 44909/14/2012

@ R448 well if it's Murray and The Joker battling for Slams from now on tennis just got boring.

by Anonymousreply 45009/14/2012

Isner's problem is he's not that fit. He can survive 1 long match per week but that's it. It's not about his height-check out the other really tall guys. Karlovic and Cilic are in great shape. I don't know what kind of fitness work Isner does, but it's clearly not enough. He looks "soft" and not toned. If he starts working his ass harder, he'll be fitter and have more endurance. I know when he had all those long 3 setters in North Carolina the week before the USO that he would crash out by the 3rd round and I was right.

R448 You're a dumbass if you can't see Murray BARELY won his first slam under perfect conditions. No Federer or Nadal for him to face, he had Djokovic in the wind and still needed 5 sets. Plus he almost lost to Lopez and Cilic. Things aren't going to be this perfect again. I'm sure he'll lose early in the AO.

by Anonymousreply 45109/14/2012

R451, I don't like Murray, but he had beaten Djokovic at various events prior to the US Open final. I think their head to head record stands at 8-7 (or thereabouts) in favor of Nole. On sight, Nole certainly looks like the more skilled player but I think Murray will remain good enough to beat him about 40% of the time. As much as I don't like Murray's style of play, it's also not fair to dismiss him and say he won't win again.

by Anonymousreply 45209/14/2012

What has happened that we never see or hear from monica Seles anymore? The announcers rarely mention her, and she was on track to be one of the best ever. Did she ever marry?

by Anonymousreply 45309/14/2012

You might be right r445. I guess we'll find out in the next year or so. Like a lot of others, I'm just waiting for a couple guys to break the stranglehold of the Big 4. Del Potro did it in '09 & then got hurt. Hopefully someone like Tsonga or Isner can at least get to a GS Final next year.

by Anonymousreply 45409/14/2012

I think I might have had something to do with Seles' fear of the limelight.

by Anonymousreply 45509/14/2012

Privately, a great many commentators believe Seles was never the same after the stabbing, and the Graf's record needs to be asterisked (especially because it was her fan who did it, and because of her questionable behavior in the aftermath). So, mentioning Seles (at all) opens that can of worms. Ergo, you will find that in the current "Is Serena the best ever?" debate, they focus *a lot* on Martina, and sidestep the Steffi question.

by Anonymousreply 45609/14/2012

The men's final was the highest rated since 2007. Yes, Murray and Djoko - two 25 year olds in their physical peak. It's a great rivalry. I think Fed and Nadal have had that win every week mentality and now it's just reserved for the majors. They might continue to win a slam or two, but they are going to take a backseat to the younger guys. It's just tennis evolution.

And on the women, Sharapova is the most stupid of all. Her tactics are deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 45709/14/2012

I'm going to put in another request for some gossip on these tennis guys. Talking about the matches is okay, but surely someone has to be in the know. What are they like in person? Sex gossip preferred (of course) but otherwise who's a jerk and who's not?

by Anonymousreply 45809/14/2012

How are Sharapova's tactics stupid? She's a tier two player that has been thrust upon us as a tier one player because of lack of competition and her Q rating. Neither is really her fault. She does own 4 Slams, more than Davenport, Capriati and equal to Sanchez Vicarrio, Clijsters.

In reality, she should be talked about alongside Mary Pierce and Amelie Mauresmo. A very good player, but not a great player. But again, she does have the hardware, like it or not.

And I totally put Seles in the same category as Steffi, Martina, Chrissie and Serena. Monica is right there. She would have won at least 15 Slams, and Graf would have a won fewer, had it not been for the stabbing. She was unstoppable on clay and hard courts and completely changed the woman's game.

by Anonymousreply 45909/14/2012

r458, there's another pretty informative thread on that subject with some juice.

by Anonymousreply 46009/14/2012

Whore Jurgen Melzer (he previously dated Myskina, Vaidisova and Cibulkova, as well as had a wife recently) married Iveta Benesova today. They've won a mixed slam together. We'll see how long this lasts lol

pbs.twimg.com/media/A2w5VpGCMAAoPCM.jpg

btw the USO is over now...can a premium member open a new general tennis thread?

by Anonymousreply 46109/14/2012

I can start it, R461.

by Anonymousreply 46209/14/2012

Carry on here (new thread):

by Anonymousreply 46309/14/2012

I don't know why that link takes you back to the "part 2" thread. Anyway, part 4 is up...go find it I guess.

by Anonymousreply 46409/14/2012

"You're a dumbass if you can't see Murray BARELY won his first slam under perfect conditions. No Federer or Nadal for him to face, he had Djokovic in the wind and still needed 5 sets. Plus he almost lost to Lopez and Cilic. Things aren't going to be this perfect again. I'm sure he'll lose early in the AO."

R451, I think it is you who is the dumbass. What does barely won mean? There is no such thing as barely won, a win is a win whether it is a close match or not.

With respect to no Federer or Nadal, Murray has defeated Nadal in slams before and Murray just defeated Djokovic and Federer back to back at the Olympics. If you think Murray can't win more slams, you don't know what you are talking about. Federer is getting too old and inconsistent,he may get lucky again and win one more. Nadal has had his issues although I suspect he will come back strong and Djokovic has been a shadow of his 2011 form. Who else is there to win slams right now? I say this and i am not even a big Murray fan.

by Anonymousreply 46509/18/2012

"Djokovic has been a shadow of his 2011 form."

Well Novak won one slam and was in the finals of two other slams. Murrray has a day of rest on Jocker, yet Novak came back from two sets down to lose in the fifth set of one of the two longest mens final at the USO. Was he as good as last night: No. But, his season was hardly a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 46609/18/2012

Will there be a 2013 thread?

I did a search and can't find one.

by Anonymousreply 46708/26/2013

Word. Where's the new thread, queens?

by Anonymousreply 46808/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.