Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

True Blood Season Finale 8/26 - "Save Yourself"

And the craptacular season comes to a close.

Will it all be worth it?

Let's watch and find out!

by Anonymousreply 8205/25/2013

Will Jason or Alcide be naked tonight?

by Anonymousreply 108/26/2012

Well that was... sudden and anticlimactic.

Who writes this shit?

by Anonymousreply 208/26/2012

spoil it...what happened?

by Anonymousreply 308/26/2012

"If I wanna be a fool, I'll BE a goddamned fool! That's my God-given right as an American!"

by Anonymousreply 408/26/2012

Jesus, Russell's death was an anticlimax.

by Anonymousreply 508/26/2012

"That train has already sailed!!!"

by Anonymousreply 608/26/2012

Can anyone explain why the cells full of naked Shifters can't do what Sam did and just shift into flies and escape?

by Anonymousreply 708/26/2012

Because they're not shifters.

by Anonymousreply 808/26/2012

no r7 why can't

by Anonymousreply 908/26/2012

Well this just gets more and more stupid.

by Anonymousreply 1008/26/2012

Well shit, I did not see that coming.

by Anonymousreply 1108/26/2012

THERE we go. THAT'S what we've been waiting for all season.

Tara and Pam though... isn't that mother/daughter incest?!?

Still, Tara and Pam have been the ONLY good things about this season (and Tara only for the second half).

by Anonymousreply 1208/26/2012

Oooh! What happened r11! Please spoil!

by Anonymousreply 1308/26/2012

BILL!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1408/26/2012

Cooooooooooooooooool!

by Anonymousreply 1508/26/2012

... a cliff-hanger.

Well, at least they didn't try to redeem Bill. So there's that.

Okay, they need to spin off the Pam and Tara show. The rest of this can just go fuck itself.

by Anonymousreply 1608/26/2012

I'm sorry bitches but that fairy birthing scene was the best evah!

That was a shout out to DL

Love the ending.

And I think Russell's last word was appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 1708/26/2012

That was a great fucking ending!

I'm glad that they didnt try to redeem Bill since he is really beyond that now, I wonder now what will become of him next season, does he now takes Lilliths place, is she now free or did she die the true death?

Pam & Tara needed to happen and I'm glad we saw them finally kiss.

I really live the dog playing Emma.

by Anonymousreply 1808/26/2012

I'm so fucking glad they didn't do a big redemption for Bill. Ideally, I wish they'd killed him off, but I can deal with evil Bill. I'm a Eric fan.

Love Tara now as a vampire, and the Pam/Tara is a great move.

The fairy birth scene and how the fairies are portrayed in general sucked. No pun intended..

Overall, not bad.

by Anonymousreply 1908/26/2012

Is it me or is the Authority gone crazy storyline a not so thinly veiled version of the Republican party.

by Anonymousreply 2008/26/2012

It was all worth it for Salome's death alone

by Anonymousreply 2108/26/2012

Thinly, R20? If only they could suffer the same fate.

by Anonymousreply 2208/26/2012

Of course it is, R20.

I think the little wolf-dog is animatronic. I was noticing today that it always has the exact same dopey expression on its face and the eyes don't really flash or show emotion the way real ones do.

by Anonymousreply 2308/27/2012

So, to sum-up:

Russel Edgington was completely wasted with the exception of a very few scenes towards the end. His death was the epitome of anti-climactic.

Pretty much everyone in "The Authority" is dead now.

There are no True Blood factories.

The US Military is essentially at war with Vampires due to the killing of the general.

There are four new baby half-fairies in the world, and Andy is expected to raise them.

Jason has gone all anti-vampire in the second most unbelievable personality change since his best friend did the same thing a few weeks back.

Jason is hallucinating his parents for no known reason.

We got zero closure on the vampire ghost stalking Sookie, or the story with the vampire who killed her (and Jason's) parents.

Alcide is finally really the pack leader.

There are only two shifters left, and one of them is deathly ill due to excessive skin-walking, throwing up blood on national TV and then giving away the game to the population at large.

Bill is unredeemable and is obviously the "big bad" of next season. Or if not, the resolution will seriously suck because being the 'big bad' is the only thing that could possibly make up for not just killing his ass.

Sookie, after years of not being so, is suddenly amazingly drool-worthy to all vampires at a level never before seen. Inconsistent.

The stupid efrite plot-line really went nowhere. The stupid Lafayette plot-line where he saw his murdered ex really went nowhere.

The only DECENT story-line was -- shockingly -- Tara's, and her and Pam's interactions. Consistently the highlight of every episode.

by Anonymousreply 2408/27/2012

R23, the eyes are CGI so that they can glow.

by Anonymousreply 2508/27/2012

Mostly weak season with a few good moments here and there. I give it a C- overall. I did like the cliffhanger. I think Ball departing may be a good thing. We need a fresh pair of eyes on this with some new ideas. It can be done think Doctor Who season six. I would pare down the cast as well. Too many peripheral characters.

by Anonymousreply 2608/27/2012

One of the naked guys in the cage was hung like a bull I think. But it was a fast pan and it was blurry.

by Anonymousreply 2708/27/2012

Thanks R24 for all that.

by Anonymousreply 2808/27/2012

this almost redeemed the suctitude that was all season

Fairy birth was awesome jason was nuts Lots of steve newlin - kind of

It was a bit too buffylike tho...... team all get to run around with their powers...... roll on a season where suki isn't pregnant

by Anonymousreply 2908/27/2012

Liked the season ender.

Can someone explain the extra scene on HBOGo ?

Wish they showed the 22 frat boys getting killed scene.

by Anonymousreply 3008/27/2012

I've had mixed feelings about the season in general, but thought the finale was divine:

--Pam/Tara - EXCELLENT. Tara hasn't had a decent storyline since the first season, but a romantic involvement with her maker is PERFECT.

--Russell's death - I thought it was great, actually. Instead of what we expected, some drawn-out bullshit with the faeries, Eric simply appeared and staked his psycho ass. I'm glad that older vampires like Russell and Roman apparently take more than an instant to die, thus allowing them the privilege of some last words as well as an "oh, fuck" expression.

--Jason's delusions: a little irritating, but I'm curious if the secondary scene shown on HBO Go - where Jason apparently names his parents' killer - will be further pursued next season. A dangling plot point left inexplicably unresolved (not counting the extra scene) is who the fuck killed the Stackhouse parents, and who has a "claim" on Sookie. I falsely suspected they'd resolve this plot line with a revelation that Bill killed the Stackhouses, but apparently not.

--I thought the faerie birth scene was hilarious, and some much-needed humor in an otherwise depressing episode. Andy raising quadruplets on his own! Lots of story fun possible there.

--Also glad to see the Texas bitch vampire (whose name I forget) die; lovely that Sam did the staking, too.

by Anonymousreply 3108/27/2012

Further thoughts: am I the only one confused about how Sam can shift into something as small as a fly and still maintain higher brain function? We saw via tonight's "firsthand views" that shifters, while in fly disguise, see things in the same manner that flies themselves do. How, then, can they process thoughts in a brain approximately the size of a pencil dot?

Also, as for the negative comments above about why the vamps never previously noticed Sookie's faerie odor: since when was Eric's "sister" ever around Sookie in the first place? She came to Bon Temps at the beginning of the season without interactive with Sookie at all.

by Anonymousreply 3208/27/2012

If you can accept he can change shape into a fly (which defies all reason), why can't you also accept that he retains higher brain functions when he does so?

It's best not to try to apply logic to fantasy television.

by Anonymousreply 3308/27/2012

Jason suddenly becoming anti vamp for no credible reason really bugged me. To the point that I felt bad for Ryan Kwanten for having to play that.

The only parts of the episode that I really liked were the fairy birth scenes (which ALMOST redeemed a god awful story line) and anything with Pam and Tara. Tara becoming a vamp has given her character new life. I actually like her for the first time since the series started.

As soon as this Evangelical Neocon Vampire storyline is over, the better. It hasn't been handled well. Time to wrap it up, make a new game plan, and focus on the core characters that the audience actually connects with.

Next season really needs to be back to basics.

by Anonymousreply 3408/27/2012

Did anything happen to Vamp Newlin? I wasn't paying that close attention all the way through.

by Anonymousreply 3508/27/2012

Nothing happened to Newlin. He just ran off after Russell got killed.

by Anonymousreply 3608/27/2012

I wonder if Sookie will be helping raise the fairy quads next season?

by Anonymousreply 3708/27/2012

Pam has been around Sookie quiet a bit and I can't recall ever mentioning how great she smelled. Or Jessica. Sookie has been in a house full of vamps and never caused a riot.

by Anonymousreply 3808/27/2012

I wonder if faerie (or half faerie) infants grow at the same rate as normal humans. They went from conception to birth in about a weeks time on the show, so maybe they're going to have accelerated growth.

by Anonymousreply 3908/27/2012

"Jason is hallucinating his parents for no known reason."

Did y'all forget he got fairy-zapped? That'll mess with your head real good.

by Anonymousreply 4008/27/2012

On hbogo they had an extra scene at the end of the credits. Those that went up the elevator. Jason says something like "fucking warlow". Nora stops him and says "what do you know of Warlow"

Guess that will play heavy next season.

by Anonymousreply 4108/27/2012

Not just fairy-zapped, R40. When he was zapped, he was thrown into a tree and hit his head. When he was driving the truck -- because of course you want the brain damaged person to be behind the wheel -- Sookie mentioned that he had a huge knot on the back of his head.

by Anonymousreply 4208/27/2012

It was a decent episode compared to the standard set by this season overall, but that's faint praise indeed.

The final scene was great, and I'm happy they are setting up Bill as a super-bad guy. I'm sure he'll get some ultimate redemption in the end, but I think in general Stephen Moyer is more suited to playing the villain rather than the sad-sack hero he was in the previous seasons.

There was a lot of stalling and superfluous activity. I'm beyond bored with pretty much any scene that Sheriff Andy is in, and I'm already dreading his inevitable single dad storyline next season. In general we need fewer storylines about the "normals" of Bon Temps and Merlotte's Bar- Arlene and Terry, Andy and his witch girlfriend, even Lafayette is better in small doses. We could use a lot less of Jason, too, because Kwanten really is not the actor to pull off heavy material. Don't really need Hoyt back either, or his mama.

I think Eric's sister Nora and the Werewolf Granny were both good additions this year and hope we see them again next season. Agree with other posters that we need to see more of Pam and Tara, and of Jessica. Now that her maker has turned evil hopefully they give her better stuff to work with than love triangles with boring humans.

I'll agree with a previous poster who said it's probably a good thing Ball is moving on. He did good work with the show, but this should be a chance to fundamentally rethink it. Last couple seasons got a little too soapy, a little too "Desperate Housewives." Let's see fewer plot strands, less comic relief. Make it scary again!

by Anonymousreply 4308/27/2012

[quote]Not just fairy-zapped, [R40]. When he was zapped, he was thrown into a tree and hit his head.

And he found out a Vamp killed his parents which he never knew. His change was not out of the blue.

[quote]We got zero closure on the vampire ghost stalking Sookie, or the story with the vampire who killed her (and Jason's) parents.

It was the SEASON finale not the SERIES finale and it's been renewed.

[quote]Sookie, after years of not being so, is suddenly amazingly drool-worthy to all vampires at a level never before seen. Inconsistent.

Sookie has smelled good to Vamps since episode one. She had Bill or Eric to protect her. Why do you think Russell knew she was a Faerie and believed she had blood that would let him walk into light? All those Vamps, like the sister she has been coming in contact with, have never been near one. And perhaps hanging with the Faeries increased her scent.

by Anonymousreply 4408/27/2012

Total cop-out at the end. Lilith was always shown full frontally nude, but when Bill is resurrected as the leader, they don't even show butt.

by Anonymousreply 4508/27/2012

LOL @ R46. That one's a keeper!

by Anonymousreply 4708/27/2012

[quote]but when Bill is resurrected as the leader, they don't even show butt.

they did show his bare butt--weren't you watching?

by Anonymousreply 4808/27/2012

The last few seconds was quite a personal and spooky deja vu experience.

I swear to god I had this dream/vision of a little indoor pool (like in an old Turkish hammam) filled with blood and corpses piling up which provided the blood for the pool. Erik and Sookie run into the room and lock (and barricade) the door trying to hide from mob that is chasing them. When everything is said and done Erik checks the room and a person emerges out of the pool. As soon Eric recognized the person he screams 'Sookie, run!' and that was the end of that dream episode (in my dream the person emerging from the pool was Godric's maker who holds Erik responsible for Godric's death).

by Anonymousreply 4908/27/2012

Jason also has a big lump on his head, in addition to being fairy-zapped. That could account for his change in personality.

I like that Eric got to slooowly stake Russell...thought that was a good scene.

Sookie might smell more "fairy-ish" because she just was hanging out with them...though it was kind of annoying that every vampire had to comment on her deliciousness.

LOVED the attack on the compound, Bill's deceit...and his big bloody re-birth.

by Anonymousreply 5008/27/2012

Good one R46!

I thought this was the best episode of the season...and Tara and Pam, that was worthwhile.

Loved Sookie and Jessica's reaction to them kissing.

by Anonymousreply 5108/27/2012

The scene of Eric and Nora putting all that cash into a bag went nowhere. I understand they're leaving the Authority and striking out in the 'real world', but the money haul seemed random.

by Anonymousreply 5208/27/2012

r52, It could very well be foreshadowing a future event or story plot in the next season.

by Anonymousreply 5308/27/2012

I have a hunch that Holly will be stuck taking care of the baby fairies. Glad that Alcide is finally pack master. I hope he whips the pack into shape for the upcoming vampire war. I'd like to see the weres and shifters ally themselves and work together.

by Anonymousreply 5408/27/2012

Tara was a whiny, boring, pain-in-the-ass for most of the season. Her anger the the last few seasons has been a poor choice for that character by the writers.

Hated the fire monster. Hated the witch-doctor shit. The poster who talked about there being too many characters might be right. My problem is that too many of the characters were given dumb-ass supernatural plots, when they should just have been reacting to the scary shit going on around them.

The fairy 'club' is a great idea, and I get that the disco thing was sort of tongue-in-cheek, but still, a more elegant, imaginative world for these characters would be nice.

The fundamentalist vampire sect that wishes to feed on humans the old-fashioned way was a great plot -- it should have been developed sooner and faster, and that should have been the crisis most of the characters had to react to and revolve around.

I also liked the werewolf stuff, and the way it intersected with the shape-shifter plot. That too should have been the other major plot thread. Everything but those two things was extraneous.

by Anonymousreply 5508/27/2012

[quote]I wonder if faerie (or half faerie) infants grow at the same rate as normal humans. They went from conception to birth in about a weeks time on the show, so maybe they're going to have accelerated growth.

I was wondering that, too. I'm also curious why Faerie Mama appeared to be pregnant with one child but somehow pushed quads out of there. She should've looked closer to Octomom than a normal mom! (considering, unlike Octomom's kids, all of the faerie kids were of normal birth weight)

by Anonymousreply 5608/27/2012

"Doctor Who" sucks, R26. It's the infantilizing of this show - look at these shiny new creatures, which will distract from the terrible writing! - which has pushed this show into moppety, haphazard "Doctor Who" territory.

by Anonymousreply 5708/27/2012

[quote]Sookie has smelled good to Vamps since episode one.

R44, you're completely missing the point. NOBODY reacted to her in the way Eric's "sister" did... she's never been THAT irresistable. Noticable yes. And smells good, yes. But not like Heroin to an Addict for chrissakes.

It was a gross inconsistency, one among many, and you're just making really lame half-assed excuses for it rather than acknowleding it's just really bad, inconsistent writing (like Hoyt's conversion to a hate group and Jason's conversion to a vampire hater, etc, etc).

by Anonymousreply 5808/27/2012

R58, I think the point *you're* missing is that older vamps have a stronger sense of smell than young ones. That's why Russell went so apeshit over the lingering aroma of faeries in that field even when they were hidden, and it's presumably why Eric's sister did as well. We don't know her exact age, but given that Eric is something like 1,000 years old, it's safe to assume she's quite old as well. Every single other vamp on the show (who's been in Sookie's presence, at least) is comparatively young; Bill's around 150, Pam's around 100, and Jessica & Tara are newbies.

by Anonymousreply 5908/27/2012

[quotes]Jessica & Tara are newbies.

That's Baby Vamps to you, Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 6008/27/2012

That was the finale? Don't those actors want to work? How many episodes? Five?

by Anonymousreply 6108/27/2012

There were 12, R61, just as many as in every other season. This isn't network television, cupcake.

by Anonymousreply 6208/27/2012

I would also guess that exercising her lightblasting power makes Sokie's faery smell stronger. The first few seasons she barely used it, but this season she's used it a lot. Hence her faery smell is much stronger now.

by Anonymousreply 6308/27/2012

So did Eric stake Russell or did Russell just explode after being filled with all of the fairy energy?

I've watched the scene repeatedly and Eric looks almost surprised by Russell's death.

[quote]Jason is hallucinating his parents for no known reason.

I agree with all of your other points, r24; however, I thought Jason got a concussion from the fairy blast and that's why he was hallucinating his parents.

In the van, Sookie leans over to touch the back of Jason's head and says something about how there's a knot the size of a walnut back there.

by Anonymousreply 6408/28/2012

R64, Eric definitely staked Russell. We saw him holding the stake, and we audibly heard it fall to the ground after Russell exploded. The look on Eric's face was more likely satisfaction and joy at justice having been served after more than a thousand years.

Btw one other thing that indicates Eric's sister is clearly very old (and thus more sensitive to faerie odor): she can fly! Eric is the only other known vamp old enough to have that power, although presumably Russell did, too. But yes, as for the guards and baby vamps, I assume Sookie (and probably Jason, too, considering how hard he was zapped) merely had a lingering smell from being around all the faerie light.

by Anonymousreply 6508/28/2012

That wasn't a bad episode at all. Almost as good an episode as a first or second season one.

Bill is going to be one hell of a fucking problem now.

by Anonymousreply 6608/28/2012

[quote]Btw one other thing that indicates Eric's sister is clearly very old (and thus more sensitive to faerie odor):

You guys are just making shit up in order to justify lazy/bad/inconsistent writing. It has NEVER been established in ANY scene on the actual show, that the older you are, the more enticing fairies smell. Please. Stop rationalizing something that has no basis in the actual show. If that were true, they would have made that point at some time during the show's run, and they never have.

by Anonymousreply 6708/28/2012

[quote]Eric is the only other known vamp old enough to have that power, although presumably Russell did, too.

We saw Russel fly in the previous season where he was the villian.

by Anonymousreply 6808/28/2012

R67 - do you really need the writers to tell you Sookie probably smelled like steak to the vampires because of just having been with all those other fairies? Plus there's the fact that all season, vampires were tripping over themselves in ecstasy in the meadow where the fairy hangout is. It's not such a stretch to rationalize the reason without being directly told.

by Anonymousreply 6908/28/2012

[quote]You guys are just making shit up in order to justify lazy/bad/inconsistent writing.

Hey relax Sheldon. It's just a show about Vampires, Werewolves and woman who shoot light out of their hoo hoo's.

by Anonymousreply 7008/28/2012

Were there 12 episodes? I guess I missed most of them. I really do hate to complain about a TV show...I know I sound like a jerk but I liked the first season, maybe the first two but after that...there was no time for character development and it was just one blood bath after the next. I have to admit, I've been really disappointed. I like most of the original characters and I would have liked to see something go right for a few of them.

by Anonymousreply 7108/28/2012

Going back to season one, does anyone remember what episode it was that showed a male vampire and his male lover/slave? It was a sexy scene - almost an orgy atmosphere. I think Eric was also in the scene. I want to check it out again.

by Anonymousreply 7208/28/2012

R72, I think you have your seasons confused. Eric wasn't in season one, for starters. He did, however, seduce Russell's lover in season three and staked him from behind when he thought Eric was going to, um, stake him a little lower on his torso.

by Anonymousreply 7308/28/2012

I remember a scene very early in the series, where a group of leather/biker vamps are shown and one of the leather vamp men had a (human?) male slave. It was NOT Talbot and Russell.

My memory is cloudy, but I think the scene was a standoff between the leather vamps and Eric cause they wanted to move into town and/or they were killing humans, I'm not sure.

by Anonymousreply 7408/28/2012

[quote]R67 - do you really need the writers to tell you Sookie probably smelled like steak to the vampires because of just having been with all those other fairies?

That's totally different than saying the older a vampire is, the more irresistable Sookie smells.

You get that, right?

by Anonymousreply 7508/28/2012

[bold]True Blood’s finale climaxes in a tornado of vampire true death[/bold]

The summary of the finale... a great recap. My favorite part:

[quote]When Nora tries to eat Sookie, he's holding her back like a dog dangling in front of an air conditioner. Adorable. So if Sookie smells THAT good, how did she survive the Godric suicide bombing party? Seems like there's a lot more hype around Sookie's smell lately. Why didn't Jessica ever smell her? She smelled Claude pretty immediately.

But anyway, it's a good read, even if I don't agree with some of the pros and some of the cons...

by Anonymousreply 7608/28/2012

[quote]Going back to season one, does anyone remember what episode it was that showed a male vampire and his male lover/slave? It was a sexy scene - almost an orgy atmosphere. I think Eric was also in the scene. I want to check it out again.

The only thing I can think of that sounds anything like that is when the Monroe vampires, (Malcome, Diane and Liam) were visiting Bill and Sookie showed up. Malcom's boy, Jerry (wearing nothing but cutoff shorts) offered himself to Bill and Sookie yelled out that he has Hep C. Eric wasn't in that scene.

by Anonymousreply 7708/29/2012

Thank you R77, that's the scene. I was wrong about Eric being there. It's S1E03 if anyone's interested.

by Anonymousreply 7808/29/2012

[quote]I think you have your seasons confused. Eric wasn't in season one,

Eric most certainly was in season 1, he showed up half way through. Although his role was so miniscule I can see how some might have forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 7908/31/2012

Too bad Snookie doesn't smell like my friend Cheryl. The vamps would stay so far away she'd never have to worry.

by Anonymousreply 8008/31/2012

I didn't see this and probably stopped watching season 5 about episode 7 or 8 I guess. I was disappointed. Seasons 1-3 were great, season 4 was OK, but season 5 was just horrid.

All shows turn sour eventually, but I didn't expect it to happen to True Blood so soon. Sad =(

by Anonymousreply 8102/07/2013

Season 5 just came out on DVD on Tuesday.

Loved this season, my favorite one yet. Tara becoming a dyke vamp was brilliant. Loved Lafayette during the fairie birth.

I'll end up watching all 12 episodes again.

by Anonymousreply 8205/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.