Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Brent proposes to Josh with world's ugliest ring.

Something tells me Polka Spot will conveniently swallow it one of these days.

by Anonymousreply 6405/24/2013

That looks like some part out of the motor of a '55 Chevy.

by Anonymousreply 108/26/2012

The Beekman Eldergays aren't exactly known for understanding the concept of "good taste." I'm not surprised about the tackiness of the ring, but I still wish them the best of luck!

by Anonymousreply 208/26/2012

Hmmm. Did we know they got engaged last *year*? I'm happy to hear that, and I also think OP's a conformist asshole who hates any wedding band that isn't gold and perfectly shaped.

by Anonymousreply 308/26/2012

But...but...it's not HEIRLOOM!!!

by Anonymousreply 408/26/2012

I like the ring

by Anonymousreply 508/26/2012

Isn't it going to snag on everything?

by Anonymousreply 608/26/2012

[quote]Isn't it going to snag on everything?

Hopefully only once. Like a moving bus on "The Amazing Race."

by Anonymousreply 708/26/2012

Their friend Garth is a hot daddy.

by Anonymousreply 908/27/2012

Hey, I have a man who is going to be my spouse, while you haters are roaming around New York lonely, going into peep shows to try to find Latino cock to suck. Who's pitiful?

by Anonymousreply 1208/27/2012

The limits of their self-promotion know no bounds; plus the rings are cheap and ugly.

by Anonymousreply 1308/27/2012

One of them will probably die of tetanus from the ring.

by Anonymousreply 1408/27/2012

To me the ring looks like the trigger you pull from a grenade. But maybe I am just projecting while running for the hills thanks to my commitment phobia.

by Anonymousreply 1508/27/2012

I've been to Sharon Springs a few times (we are friends with the owners of that hotel from way back) and those two bitches are treated like Princess Fucking Diana in that town. Like no one can look at them, talk to them or acknowledge that they're in the same room with a MAJOR CELEBRITY.

I mean they did a reality show for two seasons. They aren't, you know, famous.

by Anonymousreply 1608/27/2012

I like it.

by Anonymousreply 1808/27/2012

Are you friends with Doug and Garth, r16? They look like a lot of fun.

by Anonymousreply 1908/27/2012

I like it too. You all are such priss pots.

by Anonymousreply 2008/27/2012

It looks cheap. Apparently, the only thing they value is attention.

by Anonymousreply 2108/27/2012

Married? On their show they seemed to detest each other and spoke mostly with sarcasm and almost contempt for each other- but, congrats!

by Anonymousreply 2208/27/2012

I don't know who these two numb skulls are but congrats!

by Anonymousreply 2308/27/2012

i think it's beautiful.

op, why so bitter?

by Anonymousreply 2408/27/2012

It's old news but good for them. There's at least some thought put into it.

I really liked Josh Kilmer-Purcell's book "I'm not Myself These Days: A Memoir" about when he was living in New York and was a Drag Queen with live goldfish in his breast and living with the S&M prostitute. I was kind of rooting for them as a couple. But it looks like he found happiness with his Dr. Brent.

by Anonymousreply 2508/27/2012

It's been covered, OP:

by Anonymousreply 2608/27/2012

R25: I liked the book too, but I didn't like the part where Josh and his hooker BF left the client who had ODed in their apartment to die on a park bench.

If that doesnt make them murderers, it makes them something morally close.

by Anonymousreply 2708/27/2012

Why is everyone on DL so bitter about a successful, reasonably attractive gay couple?

Yes they have a successful company

Yes, they may not be super celebrities but are more famous than you or I will ever be

Yes, they have done more to make their community a success along with them than any of you every would or could

...and, yes, the ring is cool. They'll probably turn it into a product for their company and sell lots of them

by Anonymousreply 2808/27/2012

I didn't even know that Josh wrote that book about being Aquadisiac until after I saw the show! It was like watching a hooker and a drag queen jump into a black pit. Then Josh resurfaced with baby goats and heirloom tomatoes. I love the incongruity of it all.

by Anonymousreply 2908/27/2012

Can you imagine the man you love looking into your eyes, bending down on one knee, taking your hand and slipping THAT on?

I'd be like Dawn Davenport on Christmas morning.

by Anonymousreply 3008/27/2012

Here ya go R30

by Anonymousreply 3108/27/2012

How has no one yet posted that the video of Brent's proposal was filmed for "The Real Housewives of New York City"? (Josh and Brent live next door to Sonja, it seems) Sonja helped Brent stage a phony party, ostensibly to promote a new Beekman soap or something, that was actually a surprise engagement party for Josh. It didn't make the final cut for the show itself, but the proposal clip is on Bravo's Web site - link below.

by Anonymousreply 3208/27/2012

And if you guys weren't all such cunts Josh would probably still be posting here and we'd get the behind the scenes scoop on Amazing Race

I hate you all

by Anonymousreply 3308/27/2012

Here's hoping they keep the eldergay innkeepers on speed dial. They're going to need all the help they can get.

But, yes, congratulations and best wishes for many happy years together. Good for Brent for finally taking some initiative with the relationship.

by Anonymousreply 3408/27/2012

R31 For some reason I do not have trouble picturing Josh telling Brent, "Get off me, you little witch!" during the, um, dismount.

by Anonymousreply 3508/27/2012

The pic of the ring has a knuckle hair on it.

by Anonymousreply 3608/27/2012

[quote]And if you guys weren't all such cunts Josh would probably still be posting here and we'd get the behind the scenes scoop on Amazing Race

What, seriously? Even if Josh was still here, there is no fucking way we'd get any scoop on TAR. Hell, they haven't even yet been formally announced as castmates! It's also SPECIFICALLY in every participant's contract that revealing ANY details about the show before they air is grounds for either a lawsuit or revocation of any prize money received. Also, I assume participants are also required to generally keep quiet about the mechanics of the show in general, given that virtually nothing is known about what goes on behind the scenes. (Example: contestants used to depart for their next destination exactly 12 hours after arriving at the previous one. That element was slowly eliminated over a couple of seasons before disappearing entirely for the past two or three. Now we have no real idea how long they get to rest before departing again. I have yet to hear ANYONE reveal how long they're now getting as a rest period.)

by Anonymousreply 3708/27/2012

I like it. It's very butch.

by Anonymousreply 3808/27/2012

Felicitations to the guys. Much happiness and long lives.

by Anonymousreply 3908/27/2012

Sorry, it is ugly. You know it will end up for sale in their store. A simple gold band has always been a good choice. Platinum is nice. Classic styling will never look outdated.

by Anonymousreply 4008/27/2012

That Bravo clip was embarrassing all around.

At what point will they look at themselves in the mirror in disgust for whoring out every real moment in their lives and celebrating them awkwardly on air with the fucking RHONY.

And then it gets cut out...

*snort*

by Anonymousreply 4108/27/2012

That clip made me cry.

by Anonymousreply 4208/28/2012

Me to, R42! Getting engaged in front of the real housewibes' B-team was pretty tragic. Where were Miss Martha? James Frey? Oprah?

by Anonymousreply 4308/28/2012

Those uneven edges are going to cut his hand wide open someday.

by Anonymousreply 4408/28/2012

Marry me R26.

by Anonymousreply 4508/28/2012

Wow, webbie let that comment be W&W'ed? He usually defends Josh and deletes negative posts about him.

Guess he's turned against him, too.

by Anonymousreply 4608/28/2012

While I love r7, I actually like the rings. I wish Josh and Brent a wonderful life together.

by Anonymousreply 4708/28/2012

Many bottoms might not like that ring very much. To be memorialized in steel for the all to see, might be considered a put down.

by Anonymousreply 4808/28/2012

Did Josh have to retract his "biography" as he embellished a considerable amount of the story?

by Anonymousreply 4908/28/2012

It looks like it would get caught on sweaters and things...ugly. Talk about a staged proposal. Not romantic in the least. I'd be pissed if I were Josh. Brent is a media whore.

by Anonymousreply 5008/28/2012

It looks like an exagerated blown piston ring.

I like Josh a lot. Met him in Santa Monica on his book tour several years ago. I think he deserves what ever makes him happy. Brent makes him happy, so I'll knock off the criticism.

Wishing Josh and Brent continuing happiness

by Anonymousreply 5108/28/2012

Will they do one of those "morning after" photo shoots to capture the afterglow from their wedding night? Will Josh be photographed tastefully naked with a baby bump on the porch of the American Hotel?

by Anonymousreply 5208/28/2012

Happy birthday, Josh!

You are missed at Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 5308/28/2012

Very considerate of Brent to line the ring with sterling so Josh's finger doesn't turn green and fall off.

by Anonymousreply 5408/28/2012

Why does josh always look like he wants to find a hole to crawl into and die whenever Brent is within 5 feet of him?

by Anonymousreply 5508/28/2012

Josh has never been the same since he killed that tiny turkey (the size of a kitten!) to prove he was a Manimal.

by Anonymousreply 5608/28/2012

You guys are such cunts. I'm not exactly Chris Crocker but I enjoyed Josh's posts here. You bitches run everyone off just so you can do your 'boys in the band' routine.

Who exactly do you like?

by Anonymousreply 5708/29/2012

Eh..............it's their own thing. I don't love it but it's obviously special to Josh and Brent. Anyway I saw the BRAVO clip and I'm sorry, but Sonja is just too annoying for me to have enjoyed it, and the whole thing came off fake.

by Anonymousreply 5808/29/2012

Aw, Josh knows we're just joshing.

But, back to that ring.

Somehow I feel Josh would want a diamond. Four carats. Cushion setting.

by Anonymousreply 5908/29/2012

I think Josh is still on datalounge he just declines to post.

by Anonymousreply 6009/03/2012

Uhm, who cares?

by Anonymousreply 6109/03/2012

What was really sad about that clip was they trashed a very special, person moment for a few seconds of TV time, only to (a) be used as a gimmick to draw reaction shots from the nobodies in the cast [the camera gets the back of Josh's head for a part of a second]; and (b) the clip wasn't even used.

Oh, what a sweet memory.

I also love how Brent can't even propose without criticizing! Oy.

by Anonymousreply 6209/09/2012

I just realized why the little one is such a cunt!

He's a psychopath!

He has the eyes!

by Anonymousreply 6305/23/2013

I would have picked Josh as the one who would propose- he seemed to be the more "masculine" of the two. Then I remembered that I always thought that Brent seemed to dominate Josh in their relationship, so Brent being the one to propose actually makes sense. Have they married yet?

By the way I always thought that Brent is much more in love with Josh than Josh is with Brent. I wonder if Josh would dump Brent if he had other options?

by Anonymousreply 6405/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.